30-Somethings - Week of Feb 18th!

View Full Version : Week of Feb 18th!

Pryia
02-17-2002, 03:09 PM
Hello Everyone:
I know I am not posting but I am reading it all.

Vicki glad to hear all is good with the little one. I am so glad her surgery went well.

I am on WW still. Not really sure how much I weigh, but I am just working towards it going down!

lyssalou
02-17-2002, 05:05 PM
Hope everyone is having a good weekend, because no one seems to be posting. We are having a lazy Sunday. Dh and I are surfing the web on our puters. Dk's have been playing video games, and are now getting ready to go out to play. It is nice to take a day once in a while just not to do anything!!!

Pryia- The important thing is that no matter what you weigh, you are working on being healthy!! Keep it up, and your weight will come down. Lurking is good, I never have the sense to do that, I have too big of a mouth, or in this case, a post. As you read, you get info, encouragement, and so on and so forth.

RoadRunner
02-17-2002, 07:54 PM
Hello all!!!
Just got back from taking the little heathen to the zoo...SHe is a wild cat now that she has good blood flow everywhere!!!!!We brought the wagon and after chasing her everywhere when she jumped out, I climbed in the wagon and DH pulled us everywhere!!!!!It was amusing to see a poor man pulling his wife and child through the zoo!!!!6weeks of keeping her quiet is killing me!!!!! :dizzy:

Doing good on the diet..this week I must excercise more...I am planning on healthclubbing tomorrow...Dh is staying home and I am considering being "sick" tomorrow!!!:devil: :devil:

Pryia--Good to see U!!!!Hope things are better!!!

lyssa--U R like me..I have to post after lurking a bit!~~~I talk soo much in real life that I have to post in cyber world!!!

WEll..have to go clean up 2 lbs of licorice and a box of cheese nips(fat free of course:smug: ) that is all over the kitchen floor with the silverware from the drawer...Hmmmmmm how did that happen since it is just me and a little sickly post op girl here????:s:
Vicki

Pryia
02-18-2002, 08:01 AM
Thought I would pop in and say hello before I head off to work.

Today I am feeling very good. Feel like I have finally washed away the pass and can now work on the future.

Today my goal is:
1. To journal
2. To stay within my point range.

I will let you know tomorrow morning how those went.

P

LBH
02-18-2002, 10:40 AM
Hi All,

I'm feeling really good today!! I think I'm just feeling good about the exercise and diet...even though I haven't been totally OP, I feel a difference in the way I'm acting. Like at dinner at Mom's last night, it was like T-Day dinner...she made turkey, stuffing, mashies, veggies and rolls. I brought broccoli casserole. We all stuffed ourselves, but when I looked back at what I ate, I didn't even have any stuffing!! I was pretty sensable with everything. I wasn't OP, but better than usual.

P- Sooo glad to see you...please stick around?! :D I know you can reach you goal for today!!

RR- Wow, sounds like #2 is doing great! Was it same day, or overnight?? That's amazing!

Have a great day all!!

Rabbit
02-18-2002, 11:16 AM
Hi all. Just wanted to check in real quick - I'll be out of touch for a few days.

Did not stay op over the weekend with the company here - we were so busy we had pizza hut Saturday night & then on Sunday dh made homemade egg rolls - quite delicious - & we all ate too much. :( But I'm glad to be starting a new day today.

Lyssa - I have to smile at your use of the phrase! Yeah on the 3 pound loss! :):)

Bailey - I am not a milk drinker so I rarely get those in. I take calcium.

RR - so glad the little one's surgery went well!:D

Pryia - nice to see you popping in.:cool:

gotta run - Rabbit :dizzy:

BigPhatBooty
02-18-2002, 11:23 AM
Hi guys, I'm still around, but just generally not having a great time of things. Loads of stuff going on, causing me headaches, my lack of weight loss being one of them. But I am seriously trying to remain focused and haven't thrown in the towel - yet.

Glad everyone is still doing okay - will post more later

:wave:

lyssalou
02-18-2002, 03:49 PM
Hi all, still working hard on everything. After taking a lazy Sunday morning we went out and moved all the junk we took out of the back yard last week to the street for heavy trash pick up which comes this week. That is a major improvement for us. In the past it would take us months to do that. This time we were on schedule. :D Now I am continuing to straighten up our act. It is just that we live in a tiny 3 bedroom/ 1 bathroom house with no extra rooms anywhere, and with 6 people living here, there is not enough room for our stuff. And I am a horrible pack rat. So far we are really sticking to our "diet". (It isn't really a diet, it is a change in life style) The biggest problem I am having is convincing dh that just because he found low-fat chips, that they won't help him much if he pigs out on them.:p They are 110 for thirteen chips, that is not a lot of chips.

P - Great goal setting!!! I know you can do it, and the important thing is that you keep trying!!!

LBH - Good going on the mind set change about what you eat. I am sure that you will get better and better at it!!!

Rabbit - Isn't it nice that we always come to a new day no matter how the old day went.

BPB - Things will get better sooner or later. And dh always says you haven't failed until you quit trying. So, good for you on your persistence. Don't dissappear, because it defintely helps to have a support group like the support that is around here. Remember that everyone around her cares for you and we are all wishing you the best.

RR - how goes the nursing today? My mom always says that kids are at their wildest when they are getting better after being sick!!!

Well, gotta run, I will be checking in again later. Dh has school tonight, so I will have time on my hands after dk's go to bed.

elisa822
02-18-2002, 03:54 PM
Hi - just have a couple of minutes to say hello to everyone. The past few days haven't been great for me, food wise but I'm dealing with it by trying to make each day better. It's strange but I've been really hungry lately. Well, strange for me anyway. Strange to be hungry and not just "snacky" so I always say if you're really hungry then you should eat, your body is telling you something. I think I've gained a pound or two but nothing too bad it's just I feel like I've been stuck in the 150's FOREVER. And I know that's not the worst place to be - better than the 170's I started at. I know that I've lost more than 20 lbs and that I'm not going to gain it back tomorrow, I just need a little motivation. No big deal.

I have recently discovered the George Foreman Grill, so much so that my husband thinks I've been paid to talk about it - which I haven't. I've only used it a few times but it seems great, mostly because it's sooo fast and cooks things that you might bake in the oven and makes them taste, almost fried. Anyway, love it.

BFB - so nice to hear from you and I hope you continue to pop in and say hi - and vent if you think that might help.

Rabbit - attitude is everything (or so I keep telling myself) and as I've said before a couple of bad days is nothing to worry about unless they turn into bad weeks or months!!

Lauren - so glad you're feeling so good and trying to get a grip on the "bulk eating". I always thought my husband and I ate fairly healthy (not too much fast food or eating out) and I think we did but the portions were out of control. Especially with things like pasta and rice and cutting this back and adding more veggies etc. has really helped. keep up the good work.

Pryia- good luck with your daily goals!

RR - so nice to hear how well your little one is doing.

Hi to everbody else!!

Elisa

LBH
02-18-2002, 04:16 PM
Elisa- Don't even get me started on my GF grills!! Yes, plural!! I have the Champ size, which is like for 2 chicken breasts, then DH requested the indoor/outdoor one from his mom for my shower present!! Someone else gave us another Champ size, which we gave to a guy DH works with...who loves it!! We grill veggies, kabobs, chicken, burgers, steak, everything!! We gave his parents one for Christmas 2000. DH can't wait til summer to start grilling outside again!! Although now that we're in a house with a yard, he wants a gas grill...which is fine with me too.

elisa822
02-18-2002, 04:26 PM
Lauren - while we're on the subject, I'd love some ideas of what you cook on there or any specific recipes. Is there anything you've found that doesn't work well? I saw them on the commercial do frozen french fries which sound like a good idea?? I did chicken breasts (bone in, skin off) and they were quite good, can't wait to try some burgers!! I bought the XXLarge one - and it's just for the two of us! The others seemed so small. Veggies sound like a great idea - do you marinate them??

LBH
02-18-2002, 04:40 PM
Yes, over the summer we marinated some squash and zucchini in balsamic vinegar and garlic and then grilled them...I think I either boiled them first to get them slightly soft, or sauteed them or something, then marinated and grilled. I made a grilled cheese not to long ago and it was actually good! I thought it would be smushed but it wasn't soo bad.

I do mostly chicken, almost always marinated. I found I have to flip whatever I put on mine...the top is actually hotter and makes it browner. You don't have to flip, but I do. DH does his famous turkey burgers on the outdoor one. He takes a pound of ground turkey, 1 large onion, a green pepper, and garlic powder and mixes it together. Then he wraps them separately in wax paper and puts them in the freezer overnight. Since there's no egg or breadcrumbs or anything in them, they'll fall apart unless they're frozen when you cook them! They turn out awesome!! Then we eat them on potato rolls with Jack Daniels Grilling Sauce. :D

I haven't tried french fries, I guess they'd be OK, but I'd just as soon put them in the oven for 10 minutes while the burgers are cooking. DH has done sweet italian sausage on the outdoor one, that was good.

I don't think I've tried anything that failed. Actually, I did do the Morning Star Farms sausage on them once and they were just OK...problem was they're not thick enough, so you have to flip them. I'd rather just nuke them til they're defrosted then throw them in the pan with the egg beaters.

RoadRunner
02-18-2002, 06:49 PM
Hello all!!!I went back to work to escape!!!Poor DH, he is tired of cleaning up after little missy.!!!!She is making up for the time she spent in the hospital hooked up to monitors and being stuck in bed...THank goodness we were there only 30 hrs!!!!!Back to school for her tomorrow!!!

Yea!!!!More GF Grillers!!!I do the kids fish sticks, and even fish in mine...I think it is used daily!!!SD#1 does grilled cheese in it...That was the best present I ever got for myself!!!!

Lyssa--I think alot of people fall for the "low fat" eat all U want thing..I knew someone who would eat a whole box of snackwells cuz they were fat free!!!!Everyone deserves a lazy day!!!

BFB--Hope You are feeling better today!!!Headaches are the pits!!!

WEll, off to do something constructive!!!
Vicki
Exc=55miles

Backfor 2002
02-18-2002, 08:24 PM
Hi !

Pryia, I was sure glad to see you have posted. We have missed you! Lyssalou hit it on the head. I think coming here for the support is very important.

Lauren, Glad to hear you are feeling good. Excercise plays such a big part of how I am feeling. You would think it would be easier to keep ourselves on track with it. :-)

Rabbit, We will miss you, have a good time.

BPB, We have been wondering where you wandered off to. Keep checking in. We can help you feel better.

Lysslou, I really liked what you had to say about the support here. It is so motivating for me to come here and check in.

Elissa, I keep hearing great things about that grill. I think I might ask for one for my bd.

Vick, That is great that the little one is doing so well!

Well I am off to exercise. I need an energy boost.

Pryia
02-19-2002, 09:49 AM
Real quick check in. I am at work. I didnot get online last night.

But I did complete my goal for yesterday!! And even had pizza for dinner.

Today goal:
Walk to and from my WW meeting
Continue to journal
Stay within my point range

I will catch up with everyone tonight!:dizzy:

:love:

P

LBH
02-19-2002, 10:10 AM
Hi All,

Yeah Pryia!! I knew you could meet your goals!! Now, on to today's goals!! :D

Nanci- I feel soo good exercising...it's really made a huge difference!! I actually am considering going everyday, except Tuesday, which is bowling night. They're not open on the weekends yet, but once they get more members and demand, they will probably open on Saturdays. I've never been a weekend exercise person, usually too busy cleaning the house, but I may...

I'm really excited...the radio station I listen to is having a contest. They're taking 10 people and their guest to Club Med Paradise Island March 3-10. You have to write them and tell them why you deserve to go. I send an email yesterday telling them all about my honeymoon from ****...and isn't it convenient that the trip is just 2 weeks before my anniversary?! Man, I'm soo pysched up for this, it's gonna be such a let down if we don't win. :rolleyes: But it hit me that if we win, it puts me in bathing suit territory!! :eek: Now, I know that 2 wks. is not gonna make that much of a difference in my appearance, but it will make me feel more firm, less flabby, you all know what I mean!!

Have a great day all!!

lyssalou
02-19-2002, 11:54 AM
Pyria - Way to go. You can do it!!!

LBH - You make me want to exercise. Which is part of my Easter goal. And the fun of the trip will make the fear of flab fade into forever. (I don't know, the alliteration just started, and I had to finish it somehow?:D )

Elisa, et. al. - I don't know about that grill, I really like the outside method of grilling, if only I could get dh to fix our gas grill. Dogs we had years ago, ate the gas line.

RR - let us know how the teacher survived the return of your little angel. It is so good that she is feeling that much better.

BPB - How are you today?

Have to run. Dd's computer is down, so she has to use mine to do her school work. Having a computer curriculum is great, except when we have computer problems, and our computer tech. (dh) is too busy with school and work to help us out. Oh well, tomarrow he has no school, and we will corner him, and force him to fix it.:s:

lizzard_h
02-19-2002, 03:26 PM
Are we having fun yet or what???? :D :D It sounds like everyone is having a fairly good week and doing great towards their goals. Me too!! I guess that moon is in the right place for now. I had a dream last night that all my clothes were so big and baggy they kept falling off of me. :lol: I can't wait for that day!!!!

Pyr, great job!! Setting goals one day at a time is a good way to stay on track. Several small goals isn't as overwhelming as one huge goal. Have a nice walk tonite.

Lys, more dog troubles???? Maybe I'm not ready for that puppy. :) Exercise is a very important step of having a healthy lifestyle. It can be really difficult sometimes but it feels so much better after you do it -- even if it's just a short walk. The fresh air and quiet time is so rewarding.

LBH, excellent job on getting exercise!!!! And good luck on your contest!! I have my fingers crossed for you.

RR, I'm so happy everything went well with your daughters surgery. How scary that must have been!!:o It sounds like she's doing great now.

Hi to everyone else!! I agree with all those that said this board is wonderful for support. I really look forward to checking it everyday for inspiration. You guys are keeping me in line (most of the tiime!!:lol: ).

RoadRunner
02-19-2002, 09:21 PM
Hello all......
I am feeling great today...I think my little demon tormented the school today...but everyone was glad that she was better.....They are the ones that have to keep her from PE for 6 weeks!!!!!

Lauren--If anyone deserves that trip it is U!!!!!Crossing my fingers for U!!!Keep us posted!!!!

Lizzard--Hope that day comes soon when all your clothes fall off!!!!!:lol: :lol: Make sure that U R home and not in public!!!!!

Hello to everyone else..No excercise to report but tomorrow back at the club!!!!
Vicki
EXC=55miles

lyssalou
02-19-2002, 09:35 PM
I exercised!!! Here is the deal, I can't go to a health club, because it would mean getting the kids dressed, and there, if they even had child care, and we only have one vehicle. I can't take a walk because by the time dh gets home it is dark and I don't live in a great neighborhood. I can't do a video tape, because until I learn them, it is too much to think about which is very discouraging to me, and besides, it is not a child friendly video so the kids won't want to watch it, and I would be distracted and they would have a hay day doing as they pleased. I can't use the tread-mill because I am so out of shape that I am in severe pain after 6 mins. But someone reminded me that Susan Powder always says to march in place if her video is too complicated. I combined that with a few simple exercises using canned veggies (they will have to do until I get back to Walmart to but some 1# weights) and varied how I "marched" including some stepping up using my futon all while my children watched Scooby Doo. It worked great, I was able to keep up my pace for 30mins. something I would never be able to do on the tread mill. And yes, I feel great. I feel more alert, and I feel good about the fact that I actually exercised!!!

Liz - The dogs that I was talking about today came from a bad cituation. They were drug dogs that were "rescued" by the police who had probably been trained to attack as well as abused. We got them from some friends who lived in the appartments where the arrest took place, and they didn't want them to go to the pound. They were already large dogs, and I had small children. We could never go in the back yard to play with them, because they would knock our children over the minute they saw them trying to love on them. We have found since then (two dogs since) that if you get them young enough, you can train them to be calmer than our first two were. So, don't be discouraged by Samson and Delila (that was their names).

Glad this week is going better for you, (and for everyone else). I seem to be loosing 1/2 # per day. I know it will not continue, but it is great for now. I figured out earlier that if it did continue I would be near my goal by July - just in time to wear that size 3 bathing suit :lol: .

Pryia
02-19-2002, 10:09 PM
Today's goals:
Walking to WW meeting- DONE (it was even raining)

Stayed with points-Working on getting to Minimum yet. I have 6 to go. I may not make it. But that happens!

Journaled-Done

So tomorrow's goal:
Continue with journal and stay with in points.

Walk during lunch!

Okay so I am going to add one on everyday. Along with keeping the others going.

I lost 2lbs!!

I love my Foreman grill. I have not used it in awhile. My favorite to make is Chicken Fajitas. YUMMMERS!!

Lou-Great job on the excerise. I know i have the same problem with walking. It is dark when I get home. So I have been doing it during lunch. I go alone...cause everyone else wants to go for food.

I bought a dining out book today. So I don't have to worry if I can't look up points online. I have my book.

Everyone! Keep it up.

BaileySG
02-19-2002, 10:45 PM
Hi all!

Did anyone just see that naked chick run by? Oh, hey Lizzard! :LOL: You will get there soon.

Another .4 loss. Same as last week - I have been totally OP the past 2 weeks (little over the first week, made up for it the 2nd) so I was hoping for more. But oh well! I am planning to do a total analysis of my nutritional intakes to see where I might be going wrong, but it is a lot of work! I think right now all I can do is stick with it and keep working on exercise - eventually I will get there! (Unfortunately, not in time for my trips).

Lyssa: YEAY on the EXERCISE!!!!! Great for you!!! I have been doing a little myself and it feels great! Just remember, don't try to overdo. Just do what feels comfortable and try to add a little time each week. Before you know it, you will miss it when you DON'T do it! Great also on the cleaning. I am going through the same "slob reform", trying to make sure I put everything away each day and do all the dishes and laundry each day (even though I almost never really clean things). We finally got a vacuum, so the floors are looking a little better! I am also a huge pack rat, but realize that each time I manage to get rid of stuff, it makes my life incrementally better. Cooking too? Eating well too? Wow. Sounds like we are not only expecting more of are selves, but getting it! Thanks RABBIT!! You are doing so great! I am sure you are seeing the results all over (including on the scales) WAY TO GO!!

Pyria: Great job making yesterday's goals. Glad to hear you are doing better and putting the past behind to focus on today and down the road. Hope WI was not too painful and has you ready to move forward. Keep up the great work on those daily goals!

RR: Glad to hear SD2 is doing so well. These six weeks will be behind you before you know what happened. Enjoy the gym!

LBH: Glad to hear you are doing so well also! I have been "keeping up" with your journal and your exercise. You really seem to be on track!! Doesn't it feel great? Keep it up and good luck with the contest!

Rabbit: The weekend is past - you are in a new week. I know you are out of town so it will be tough. Do the best you can - then, if need be, get that butt back on track without looking back! (and have fun on the trip!)

BFB: My thoughts are with you. Glad to see you stop in. When everything gets so overwhelming, it usually helps me to set small goals to try to meet. Nothing too difficult. Meeting the gets me feeling better and soon I (usually) find I am able to raise the bar a bit at a time. Keep clinging to that towel and let us know what we can do.

Elissa: I agree, if you are hungry (not lonely, bored, etc) EAT!! I hear ya on that 150's thing, but we WILL get there. Keep going one day at a time, like you said, with each day a little better.

Nanci: Enjoy the gym!

Lizzard: Glad to hear you are having a good week. Dogs are GREAT, but a LOT OF WORK!! The more time you invest early on, the better off you will be in the long run. But I think they are worth it! (usually...)

BaileySG
02-19-2002, 10:50 PM
PYRIA!!!

Just read your post - walking in the rain, journaling, under points AND lost 2!!! You go girl!!! Keep up the great work!

Juldiet
02-19-2002, 11:23 PM
Hi!! I'm back from Philly. I had fun even though sales were down.
I ate too much so afraid to get on the scale tomorrow. I did do quite a bit of walking so maybe not too much damage.

I'll weigh in the a.m. and post again tomorrow! - jul

elisa822
02-20-2002, 09:44 AM
Pryia - I'm so happy for you. I know that all it takes sometimes is to see a little progress and then it can really give you the motivation you need. Good job on the 2 lbs.!!

Jul - good luck with the weigh in.

Bailey - at least you saw a small loss. As I said I've been struggling with the same few pounds for a while but I know I can break the 150's barrier...I CAN'T WAIT!

Lyssa - good job with the exercise. Maybe as the weather improves you'll be able to get outside more with your kids. It's usually so much easier in the summer.

As for me, I went out for lunch yesterday and had what felt like a huge lunch. I know I went over in points but I had a really small dinner to make up for and I hope to keep the points low today. I think I still made some good choices. I really wanted the burger and fries but went for the shrimp fried rice instead. I think it wasn't too bad. Oh well, you have to enjoy sometimes and I can have my burger and fries craving healthier from my george foreman grill!!!

Have a great day everyone,
Elisa

LBH
02-20-2002, 10:45 AM
Hi All,

Well, even though I was OP, I had a set back yesterday with the M&Ms...why do I even buy them?? Must be the pretty Easter colors... :lol:

I'm looking forward to exercising tonight! Was falling asleep at bowling last night...had a slight headache all day yesterday, so I took some tylenol allergy sinus (which I live on when the sinus' act up) and went to bowling. The headache went away half way through the first game, but man, the antihistamine kicked in and was really putting me to sleep. Usually stuff that says it may make you drowsy doesn't bother me, but I guess since I haven't taken it in awhile, it did!! I was literally falling asleep between frames! By the third game, and I asked them to just use my average (which, by the way, is up to 139!), but we had already started and they couldn't. By the end of the third game, it started to wear off and I was awake again! :rolleyes: Did pretty good, 158, 105, 159!! You can tell I pretty much slept through the second game!!

Elisa- Good for you making a better choice! And yes, that burger and fries will taste much better off the GF grill! :D

Jul- Welcome back! Hope the scale isn't too bad!

Bailey- Congrats on the loss! Yes, it feels great to be on track...even if I'm not completely OP!! :D

P- YEAH!!!! 2 lbs.!! And yeah for sticking to your goals!! You can do it!!

Lyss- GREAT for you, getting the exercise in!! :D It must be a huge challenge with the kids there...maybe in the warmer weather you can all go outside and "play"...every little bit helps!!

Vicki- Glad to hear #2 is doing sooo good!!

Liz- Yes, please keep the clothes on in public...we don't want to hear about your arrest for indecent exposure or something!! :lol:

On a good note, DH finally got the computer fixed!! Actually, it was a fluke, he was working on it last night and finally called tech support for the internet service. They told him it was the ethernet card and to call that company. He was gonna call them today. This AM, he tried to get online, just for the heck of it and low and behold, yahoo came up no problem!! So he reconfigured the email and hopefully it'll keep working!!

Have a great day all!!

lyssalou
02-20-2002, 02:49 PM
I am so excited (less so than a minute ago, because I lost my original post, and now I have to start over.), because DH loaned my his wireless network card, so now I can sit on my bed while the little ones watch tv on back here, and visit with ya'll! I have my own wireless card, but it isn't as strong as his. What can I say a Compaq wireless card will simply work better on a Compaq notebook.

Pryia - I have to apologize; last night, I had DH look at our forum, and he noticed that I was misspelling your name. I am so sorry!!! Way to go on your goals, and the TWO pounds!!!

LBH - Exercising and Bowling, wow!!! I love bowling, though I am lousy at it. I would love it to become a family past time, but I think I am the only one. Maybe when the little ones get older. Hope your sinuses are feeling better today!!!

Elisa - Good choice on eating out. At the very least, the shrimp fried rice would have more nutrients than the burger. And we have to do what we have to do. We can't skip a meal just because the available food doesn't fit in to our diet!!!

Lizzard - You could always wear a gorgeous size 3 swim suit under your baggy clothes when that day gets here, so that if they do fall off, you will reveal the new, beautiful you, and not expose the un-exposable. :D OK, enough about that. The real message behind your dream is that someday, you will meet your goal, and be thin once again. May we all have our clothes be too baggy to stay on. (And all wear size 3 swim suits!!! Or something real close!!!)

Now, can we all leave LIZ alone about her dream? :cool: (Just kidding!) We all just wished we had had that dream!!!:lol:

JUL - Welcome back. Glad you had fun. Maybe the walking really did make up for the food, and you will be ok!!!

Baily - A loss is a loss!! You are .4 lbs. closer to you goal. And I agree that looking over your diet is always a good idea.

RR - Sorry for the school about dsd. But glad she is improving. Hope you are doing well also!!!

Now, I have a few "recipes" to share with ya'll.

My answer to burger cravings is "Turkey Oatmeal Burgers"

1 lb. ground turkey
1 c. rolled oats (uncooked)
1/4 c. egg whites (I buy it in a carton from the store)
Beef bullion powder, garlic powder, & hamburger seasoning to taste.

Mix all ingredients and divide and shape into 6 patties. I bake mine in the oven (425 degrees) on a wire rack because I don't have a working grill at present, but as soon as that changes, I will definitely grill them. They do tast a little different, but if you put enough seasoning in them they are pretty good.

Nutrition Comparison
Turkey Burgers - 142 calories, 7g. fat, 15g. protien
Extra lean ground beef burgers - 176 calories, 13g. fat, 14g. protien.
And price difference for me makes the turkey burgers even better of a deal!!!

My grandmother's cornbread altered (but still good)
(originally from Helen Corbit's cook book - wished I had it!!!)

1 c. Yellow cornmeal
1/2 c. flour
1 ts. salt
1 c. lowfat buttermilk
1/2c. skim milk
1/4 c. egg whites
1 ts. baking powder
1 ts. baking soda

Mix 1st 3 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix next three in a small mixing bowl. Right before you are about to bake it, mix together both mixes, and the last two ingred. Pour into a pie pan greased with Pam. Bake at 400 degrees for aprox. 20 mins. but watch it, because I don't have the original recipe directions so I have to "wing it". Serves 8

108 calories, 1g. fat.
BHG's recipe divided into 9 servs, and fat reduced
187 calories, 4g. fat.

I am getting my nutrition info from dietsite.com (http://www.dietsite.com).

elisa822
02-20-2002, 03:52 PM
Lyssa - i'm not sure whether I would like the oatmeal in the turkey burgers (even though I should give it a try.) but my husband loves cornbread and that sounds great for only 2 pts a piece. I think I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes. THANKS!

Elisa

RoadRunner
02-20-2002, 04:49 PM
Hello all!!!Just a quickie to mark my place when I get back from my run!!!Today is dance class, soo I will have to save energy to pull the little one in the wagon!!!
Vicki

Backfor 2002
02-20-2002, 10:03 PM
Hi all!

No time to post to everyone, just wanted to pop in and say hi. It sounds like everyone is doing WONDERFUL!

Things are good here, just really busy.

Will catch up soon.

Nanci

Pryia
02-21-2002, 12:40 AM
Okay I only managed to get 2 goals done. Not that I could not walk at lunch. But POURING rain....is where I am drawing the line.

I had to use a few banked points. But I am not worried. Since I only had 20 yesterday and needed 26 for minimum. But that is what banked points are for!
I have to figure out what I am going to do on Friday. We are ordering pizza. Of course I will stick to the veggie one. But still that is a hard food for me.

Today I had a can of coke. Now I have not had any sugar soda since Saturday. And man did I want sugar after that. I really had to control myself. I had a few extra pretzels. (that is why I needed banked points) My thoughts are I need to stay away from the sugar. If I do not have any then I do not want any. So I am going to try that for awhile.

Tomorrow is day 4 on program. Please send me good happy thoughts. I have not gotten this far in a long time. I have decided for a 10% goal ( I have a keychain) that I am going to buy myself a necklace. Or maybe put 1/2 the money aside and then when I hit 50lbs buy it.

Goals for Thursday!

Continue to be OP
Journal
Will try and walk (depends on weather)
Will DRINK ALL MY WATER!

Something else I wanted to tell you all but I forgot. Well if I remember I will come back and post!!!

HAVE A HAPPY THURSDAY!!! EGG SALAD FOR LUNCH!!!

Okay I remember! One thing I have been doing is taking the long way to work. So when I get off the bus I have to walk about 6 blocks or so. I do this everyday...unless I have to be in early. So that is nice I get some movement during the day. Plus I really do not sit as much as I use to. Which is great...move...move....move. Also I have started taking the stairs down. I can't take them up since the doors are locked. But hey one way is better than no way.!!

LBH
02-21-2002, 11:24 AM
Hi All,

I'm crazy busy today, just wanted to pop in and say hi! Have a great day all!!

BigPhatBooty
02-21-2002, 12:44 PM
Hi all - I'm still here.

Been skimming posts, trying to catch up and need to get back into the swing of things. Just to let you know, I am still struggling, but I am still here and that's what counts. Doing okay on the journalling front, need to fix the water and the exercise front, but you know what - I AM GONNA DO THIS.

Just had an interview for an interim role. Thought I was being interviewed by the Gestapo - if the woman could have burned a torch into my eyes she would have done :lol: Imagine what the process must be like to get a permanent role :rolleyes:

Anyway I have bought new non digital scales and a new rebounding video. Ordered directly from the US and it came quicker that stuff I've ordered over here.

Take care everyone and keep up the good work. I think I may pop over to the next goal thread - but don't hold your breath right now :s:

Thanks guys for all the kind words and the encouragement :love:

lizzard_h
02-21-2002, 12:56 PM
Okay...you guys are way too funny!! Lys, if I get into a size 3 I'd be more than happy to run around naked!!!:o But pigs will fly before I fit my butt into anything below a size 8. :lol:

Pry, you're doing an excellent job. Keep it up!!

Lys, not sure about the turkey burgers & oatmeal. I think my husband would look at me like I was nuts if I tried to serve that to him. I rarely eat burgers so when I do I want the real thing -- RED MEAT!!

LBH, great job on all the exercise. DH and I love to bowl too but rarely go. It's usually very smokey at our alley and I have bad allergies to cigs.

I don't have time to respond to everyone so Hi to those I've missed. Everyone is doing a good job and thanks for all the incentive!!

Here's a recipe from me:
steam 3 or 4 skinless chicken breasts
cook a few servings of rice (however much you want)
in a bowl mix -
can of lowfat cream of mushroom or cream of broccoli soup
1/2 can of skim milk
can of sliced mushrooms
can of diced or stewed tomatoes
box of broccoli florets (I get the frozen ones and nuke them for 2 min)

In a casserole dish, spread your rice on the bottom, lay the cooked chicken on top of that, and then pour the mixture over the top of all that (spreading it evenly). Salt and pepper to taste. I bake at 350 for about 15 minutes. It's really easy, tastes good and I'm thinking it's pretty healthy. :)

Juldiet
02-21-2002, 05:29 PM
Hi! The scales were kind. I maintained while gone.
Trying to cut back a bit today and I did take 2 walks yesterday - and I'm staying out of the cookies we made this morning.

I'm not motivated to get much done around here today - still have bookkeeping to catch up on from last year. Need to set another goal date for that so I can get everything turned over to the accountant for taxes. Cleaning the house is not getting done either. Its kind of a mess - the new patio doors were installed and the front door too. He was suposed to come back today to do the storm door and the trim work. His wife (younger than me) is going thru chemo for breast cancer so I understand when he doesn't show up....hopefully he'll get it done tomorrow or sometime next week. Meanwhile there are piles of things everywhere because the wall art had to come down while he was working.

Talk later, jul

LBH
02-21-2002, 06:38 PM
Hi All,

Just a quick pop in before I leave work...could be here for another hour, but then I'd be bored tomorrow... :D

It was soo beautiful out today, I went for a walk once around the building at lunch. That's just over a half mile. I'm heading off to Curves now...can't wait to get there! I'm a little tired, but I know I can do it. Last night my heart rate was up a little - 26, so hopefully my body will adjust soon and come down to 22! Ate too much today...darn cookies they had at lunch!! I'm way over pts. today, but I'll try to be back OP tomorrow...the training is over, so no free lunch...or cookies!!

Jul- Hope you find the motivation soon!! Wouldn't want you to lose the kids amongst it all!! ;)

Liz- That's one of the reasons this will be my last season bowling, I quit smoking just over 3 yrs. ago, and I can't stand the way I smell on Tuesday nights! I never liked smokey places, even when I smoked, but of course it's worse now. And the other people on my team smoke. :( I have until May, if I can just stick it out!! I usually try to find any excuse I can not to go...unfortunately I still have to pay. I dated a guy in Virginia that had a bowling alley around the corner from him that was smoke free, it also had an arcade and party rooms.

BPB- Come on missy...pull yourself back up...I know you can do it!! :D :D I don't like working for a woman...I'm glad she's home based far away!! Good luck with it though...hope you find something soon!

P- Yeah...4 days OP is awesome!! :D And walking 6 blocks from the bus is great too!!

Lyss- My mom tried the ol' oatmeal in the ground meat trick once...YUK!! Sorry, I love oatmeal, but only as a breakfast food!! :D I love DH's turkey burgers too!

Have a great evening all!!

RoadRunner
02-21-2002, 07:49 PM
Hello all!!!!!I am posting another quickie!!!Just got back from the MD with #2...Darn if she doesn't have the green nose and fever..He did blood work and junk and doesnt think it is a reaction to the nickel/titanium patch in her heart...I am following up with the cardioligist tomorrow....Hopefully it is just a viral thing....Hmmmm..why do I stay sick all the time?????:dizzy:

Good for U Lauren for the excercise!!!!!!Keep it up!!!!

Liz-I am right with U to get in the size 3's!!!!!I have some 2 pants here if U keep going down!!!(Those 2's were before the honeymoon to Europe!!!!!!!:D :D )

Have a great one!!Pryia!--Yeah on the goals!!!!
Vicki

lyssalou
02-21-2002, 08:26 PM
Hi all, don't have much time to post, but I am reading. I think Liz's willingness to go naked for a size 3 took up more of my time than I thought - ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING, that is.:lol:

I have continued to exercise, and have been refining my workout daily. It is going really well. My muscles feel tired afterwards, but I feel fine the next morning. I don't do pain!!!:nono: So that is good, and it makes it easier to be motivated!!!

I realized that still too much of my self worth is caught up in my clothes size. That is sad, because the truth is that our body's are only the covering for the real person inside. I should focus more on that and less on what I look like.

Life style change is still going good (diet). The weight is still coming off inspite of AF's visit. The house is doing better, but I still get too sidetracked to really stay up with everything (by being on the 'puter when I should be doing other things.)

RR - I am so sorry to hear that sd2 is having a rough time so soon after doing so much better. Keep us posted, and know she and your family are in our prayers!!!

LBH - Really, the way I do the burgers, and other meat, you can't tell there is oatmeal in them. But we all have our own tastes. I am working on a fat free no refined sugar added bread pudding. The first batch was pretty good, but I want to try a few more things before I share with ya'll!!!

BPB - I am sure that perfect job is just around the corner. If you don't get this one, I am sure it wasn't good enough for you!!! Cheer up, we all care about you!!!

Liz - Your recipe sounds interesting, I will have to try it sometime.

Have to run. DH is at school, DD (12) cooked dinner, and everyone else is going crazy at the table. I guess I better go!!!

Pryia
02-21-2002, 11:18 PM
Today's goals were a bust! Sort of!

I did journal and I did stay OP. But the excerise was lacking. Unless we count running all over the place at work. Serious crisis. I did not even get out for lunch. Someome else picked me up the best salad I have ever had.

This salad was 2 points tops. It was lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers all chopped up. With BBQ chicken. I counted it as 3 points. Because I don't think there was even 3 oz of chicken on it. But I did not use the cheese or dressing it came with. There was no need to.

Smoking- Yes I really need to quit. I did so well and now I am having a **** of a time quitting. But I will keep working on it.

Jul-I am living at frugalmoms.com Thanks It is a wonderful site.

Turkey and oatmeal do nothing for me.

Tomorrows goal:
Stay OP and journal
drink water.

It is my short day so it is hard to walk at lunch when I only have 30 min.

Everyone have a great night

:love:
P

Backfor 2002
02-22-2002, 12:40 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY EVE!

can you tell I am ready for the weekend again :-(

Pryia, Happy thoughts are coming your way.

Lauren, I am really glad that you are enjoying curves so much. It really helps when we look forward to doing the exercise.

BPB, You are so right, being here counts for a lot.

Jul, I am glad you had a maintain.

Vick, I hope #2 is ok.

Lyssalou, Way to go on the exercise.

We just got back from ww and I was down 1.8 for a total of 15 and DH was down 2.4 for a total of 22.

Take care everyone
Nanci

LBH
02-22-2002, 10:20 AM
Hi All,

Wow, I am a pig!! I ate 44 pts. yesterday, 10 of them in cookies!!! :eek: Then I exercised, then I pigged out on dinner. Mom sent almost all the left overs from Sunday's turkey dinner home with me and I had a good old time on them. :( DH was at the fire house exercising and then at a comic discussion at the shop he goes to, so I was on my own for dinner! UGH... on to a new day. I really need to get OP...within a few pts.

Nanci- WOW!! 15 & 22 pounds?!! In how long is that? Congrats to you both!!

Pryia- Are you back on the Zyban, or trying to do it yourself? My friend did Zyban and she quit just over a year ago. She just stopped taking the Zyban about a month ago...her doctor told her to keep taking it that long. She's alright with it, but she's gained back (over the past year) a lot of the weight she lost (which was about 75 lbs.) I don't think it's because she quit though, I think she just slacked a lot this past year. I don't buy the whole stop smoking/gain weight claim. I gained weight, but it was because DH and I had been dating 6 months and were comfortable and let myself slack. She had a lot of changes in her life, she moved into her own apartment for the first time, was struggling to keep a roommate and pay her rent, and had a few mishaps that caused her to not be able to exercise for weeks at a time. So while it seemed that she quit smoking and gained weight, it's really everything else around her! Anyway, didn't mean to go off on a tangent here, just meant to say maybe go back on the Zyban and you can do it!! :D

Lyss- Glad the workout is working for you. That's what it's like at Curves, you get a good workout, but because it's all resistance, you don't have the pain the next day!

RR- Sorry to hear #2 is sick...hopefully it's just a little cold or something unrelated.

Well, I have serious slacker's disease today, but a lot to do...will have to mix & match!! :lol: Have a great day all!!

lyssalou
02-22-2002, 10:52 AM
Yesterday was a bad day on the weight front. I bragged too much, and I wasn't as careful as I had been. The scales were up 2 lbs. this morning. That wasns't the worst of it though, I get on the scales several times a day. Not that I am obssesed, but that they are there, so why not. Anyway last night it looked like somehow I gained most of my weight back. Dh said don't sweat it because those scales are screwey anyway. And he's right. You'll get on them three times in row, and they will weigh three different things. It's like they have a mind of their own and tell you what it wants rather than what you weigh. However they have been mostly moving downward for a while now, and my clothes aren't quite so tight on me anymore. (which is a good thing because I was out growing all of the clothes that I supposedly bought several sizes too big:( )

Any way, the nice thing about my new attitude is that I can blow it one day, and get back "on the wagon" the next. Yesterday gave me a chance to decide how serious I am about loosing my weight. I used to be a size three!!! I am short, so being a size three isn't such a big deal for someone my height. But I have had 4 kids since then, so I know I probably wouldn't get their again without surgery!!! But I am going to try to get as close to that as I can healthily and safely. I told you all about my sil who lost nearly 100 lbs. Well, she didn't do it safely. She has been eating 1 meal or less per day for an extended period of time. I am not willing to do that to my body. I would rather be fat than hurt myself trying to be thin. I have another friend who goes on long fasts and uses all sorts of "body cleansing" homeopathic remedies to loose her weight. I am sure the remedies are good, but not for the purpose of loosing weight. I worry about both of them, and they were the reason I put off loosing weight in the first place. I didn't want to go to their extremes. Now that I have rambled, I guess I will quit while I am ahead!!!!

LBH - Oh well, I guess blowing diets was in the air yesterday. Today is better, and we will all stick to it today!!!

Nanci - Congrats on the weightloss, and good luck on the next 15!

Pryia - I am sure running around the office has to account for something. It is at least better than sitting still!!!

RR - How's the little one today? Hope she's better.

Well, I gotta run!!! Hope everyone else is doing well, and loosing much weight, and getting fit. I guess I wll talk to ya'll later!!!

BaileySG
02-22-2002, 11:59 AM
Hi all -

Blowing diets was definately in the air yesterday!!! I had 41 points, about TWICE my daily limit!!! Oh well... Today is a new day.

I tried to move to 18-23 points this week, but obviously it has been difficult. Was starving (which I am sure is psychological because I do fine at 18-23 points when trying to bank) every day. Then, had that 24 point pizza dinner. Hmmm.
So, I am going to try a few weeks at 19-24 and see if this does not cure this problem!

QUESTION: I have always thought of the word scale as singular, such as "I got on the scale" or "#$@% that dang scale". I noticed everyone else says "The scaleS were down", etc. So...Do you all have more than one scale or have I been missing something all these years?

BFB: Thinking of you! Keep up the effort!

Juldiet: Welcome back and congrats on the maintain. Hope things move along with the house

RR: Hope all went well at the cardiologist today. Keep us posted. You and your daughter are in my prayers

Elisa: Good job making up for the big lunch! I can hear the 140's beating a path to your door.

LBH: OK, 10 points on cookies has to be better than 24 on pizza dipped in ranch dressing:devil:
Keep up the great exercise and get back oon that wagon!

Lyssa: Congrats on the wireless card. My BF also puts oats in the burgers - not bad! (Thought I would hate it. Don't worry too much about the weight yesterday - could be AF, too much sodium the day before, etc.

Nanci: Congrats to you both! You are doing great!

PRYIA: So sorry I have been getting your name wrong!!! Thanks, Lyssa for pointing it out. I am so embarassed. Congrats on your good progress - good luck with the pizza.

Lizzard: I wouldn't worry too much about what I was wearing if I could fit into a size 3 either!

Rabbit: When Ya commin home? We miss you!

Hi to everyone else:

elisa822
02-22-2002, 01:04 PM
I know none of us seem to live near each other but is it possible there's something in the air? My husband I and have both been so hungry for a few days now but especially yesterday. I was starving after breakfast, then I had a small turkey sub with baked chips (usually a big lunch for me) and I was still hungry!! It's crazy! I actually think I almost managed to stay within my points yesterday, miracle of miracles.

Bailey - pizza - yum! Pizza is the worst sometimes. It probably didn't even feel like you pigged out! Thanks for the encouragement about the 140's, I'm not sure when it's going to happen, it feels like it's been such a long wait but I'm not giving up.

Pryia - sounds like you did pretty well yesterday, even without the exercise!

Nanci - congrats on the losses!! keep up the good work

Good luck to everyone getting back on track today!

Elisa

lizzard_h
02-22-2002, 02:00 PM
It was in the air here too!! I was bad and ate a candy bar yesterday. It was for a good cause -- the sweet little school children need to raise money right?? Anyway...I loved every morsel of it!!! I almost licked the wrapper!! :lol: :lol: Then I promised myself I would exercise (like I promised myself I wouldn't eat candy!!). I went home, started to change into some shorts and then found myself sitting in front of the tv. How'd that happen?!?!? I guess I owe myself one hour of rollerblading this weekend. Somehow the scale (notice I didn't say scale"s") has managed to go down a pound this week. If I had been good and stayed OP it probably would have been two. Oh well, I'm doing better today except it's been 45 minutes since I finished lunch and I'm still hungry. I'll suck down a diet coke and see if that helps me. Danger though...soda machine is next to candy machine!!! :D I'll try and be strong.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Juldiet
02-22-2002, 05:39 PM
Hi!
Nanci: you are doing great!!! I'm so proud of you!

I'm better today - more motivated. Got 14 show apps filled out and in the mail. I hate doing the show apps - filling out the same info over and over. Writing the same descriptions on slides (usually 5 for each app). It just wears me out but I'm glad I'm caught up on that one item. Now I think I can clean the office and get ready for 2 days of solid bookkeeping (next week :) )

The Robins have been migrating thru my yard....thousands of them. I'm scared to go for a walk for fear of what might fall on my head!

We decided to put a roof over the pack deck. It will still be a few years before we can build the addition (kitchen/dining/great room) that I want to build out that way so we decided a roof over the deck would be a good idea for now. We built this house 9 years ago and haven't done a thing to it till now....seems like we want to attack everything at once now.

I've been better on food since I got back...still struggling with water! I've got to get back to water!! - jul

LBH
02-22-2002, 05:45 PM
Hi All,

Getting ready to leave work now...thought I'd check in! :) I added up my "miles" since I started going to Curves, and including tonight, I'm at 12.5 miles!! :D Think I'm going to start keeping track, it's nice to actually see it!!!

Have a great weekend all!!

RoadRunner
02-22-2002, 06:11 PM
Hello all!!!!
Well, it was strictly sinuses for SD#2 and nothing to do with the heart or surgery..THank Goodness!!!SHe is tons better today!!!I may even take her to the hockey game tonight....

Lauren--Have fun at Curves!!!!

Bailey--I think I always say "the scales" except when I move "the scale". THat is funny...Maybe we need 2 to weigh..one that is moved back 10 lbs when U R grumpy!!!!:D

Jul--TOo bad writing applications don't burn alot of calories!!!

Thanks all for the well wishes with the little :devil: !!!!!She has to be better to destroy the house this weekend!!!!!!
Vicki
Exc=60miles

Backfor 2002
02-22-2002, 11:51 PM
Happy Friday everyone!

first of all thank you all for your congrats. I am very proud of both of us. DH set me straight that he is only at 20.2 not 22. Either one he is still doing great.

I have a couple of exciting things to share. The first one being that the Duchess off York is going to be here the first part of March and I get to go see here. I am very excited about this.
The second one is that this lady that works in my building came up to me today in the elevator and said she could tell I was losing weight. That put a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

Liz, Stay out of that candy!

Lauren, The good thing about your high point day is that you EXERCISED.

Lyssalou, Oh my, I would drive myself crazy getting on the scale that many times a day.

Bailey, Pizza with Ranch? That does not sound very good to me. :-) Isn't it funny how different everyone's tastes are.

Elisa, I love the sour cream baked lays.

Jul, Dh and I did the same thing with our house. Once you get started you can't seem to stop.

Vick, I am so glad to hear that SD #2 is fine. That is a relief.

Well everyone have a great saturday.

I am going wedding dress shopping. My friend is getting married in July.

Nanci

Juldiet
02-23-2002, 12:07 AM
O.K. here is a wierd question...

Has anyone ever worked in magazine production?? Or maybe remember much from lab class concerning molds and fungi????? I just got my national geographic today and there is a very wierd substance on the last page. Its oily (seeped thru several pages) but has a black crusty area with little white specks in it. I'm wondering if it could be caused by something in the production line at 'magazine factoryland'...but to be on the safe side...yes, I did put it in a big old ziplock bag and zapped an email to NG customer service. And I didn't even get to read the magazine because I always start on the back page and work my way forward (in any magazine I do that). - jul

Juldiet
02-23-2002, 12:12 AM
An odd bit of trivia..

I've posted 10 posts for every pound I've lost. :)
I have 426 posts now and have lost 43 lbs total .

O.k. Back to reality ...I need to get the boys to bed. - jul

RoadRunner
02-23-2002, 10:47 AM
Jul,
That is too weird about that magazine.....Let us know if U get an e-mail response!!!That is soo funny about the post and the weight..I say post more quick!!!

Well..it was 80 degrees Mon and today it is 35...Hmmm..why is everyone sick?????It is time to buy the ole flea juice to put on the crew to prevent the fleas from comming...This year is flying!!!!

Nanci--I would love to see the Duchess of York...I really like her and her philosphies.....Yeah on the compliments!!!!!

I am feeling "tired" of being a responsible parent type person..Do "real" moms ever feel like they are the babysitter or the back drop/door stop for emotions??????:dizzy: :dizzy: These 10y/o hormones are really getting to me and I have to remind myself all the time that I am the adult!!!!

Off to "renew" the brunette!!!!!That is always an attitude adjustment!!!!!
Vicki

LBH
02-23-2002, 11:27 AM
Hi All,

Had a good time exercising last night...my knee was bothering me a little though...maybe every night is not a good idea until I get more strength. I'll see how I feel come Monday...or actually, Thursday...that's actually the only extra day I've gone.

Today I'm cleaning the house. DH is gonna continue going through his stuff and I have to scrub the bathroom and kitchen. They're not too bad, I've kept up with the surfaces during the week, but the floors and creavaces (sp?) need to be done!

RR- Glad #2 is better, and sorry to hear #1 is still giving a hard time! Man, I don't think I had hormones at 10 y/o!! :lol: I was still playing with Barbie dolls at 13, and cooing over Rex Smith and Shawn Cassidy!! :lol: "Real" boys didn't matter until 14 probably!! Have fun with the hair! I would love to do mine, but my hairdresser would kill me if I did it myself!

Jul- Cool trivia! I'd hate to figure mine out...it'd be pitiful!! Hope you get some answers from the magazine. Sounds like maybe it's moldy...did it come any later than usual? Maybe it got stuck in a damp pile?

Nanci- Doesn't that make you feel great when someone gives you a compliment like that? A guy I work with said something like that to me last summer, when I was wearing a shorts outfit that looked flattering. He said, Oh, Lauren, you're getting skinny!! I thanked him, but it was really just the outfit, since I was not on a roll or anything!

Have a great day all!!

Juldiet
02-23-2002, 03:32 PM
LBH: I was in love with Rex Smith too!!! I remember seeing him in a movie where he was giving guitar lessons to a jewish girl, they fell in love, sap, sap, sap... I even bought a piano book of some of his music when I was 13.

- jul

elisa822
02-23-2002, 04:13 PM
A quick note....I just had to say I love Rex Smith too and that movie was called Sooner or Later! I remember I had a small black and white tv in my room and the movie was on later than I was allowed to watch so I had the earphone in and the picture contrast turned down so my parents wouldn't see the light under my door!!! I read the book too! Funny.

LBH
02-24-2002, 11:23 AM
Hi All,

So we're all closet Rex Smith fans!! :lol: He was actually on one of my soaps in the early 90's!! I was gonna marry him, you know!!

BaileySG
02-24-2002, 01:43 PM
OK.................

WHO IS REX SMITH????

lyssalou
02-24-2002, 02:34 PM
I agree with Baily...

Who is "Rex Smith"?

I agree with Sean Cassidy, but then there was Leif Garretson, and the end all to end all heart throbsAndy Gibb!!!(such a shame he threw his life and wonderful voice away on drugs!)

RR - As far as 10 y/o hormones, they are definitely there, and sometimes the mouth that goes with it can be unbearable!!! It was at about 10 when my now 12 y/o started treating her sister like she was dirt under her feet. And my almost 10 y/o yells at her dad all the time (really uncool). I have read that there is too much red meat and milk in our diet which means there is too much added hormones in our diet (who knows). We have to only give our 12 y/o no hormone added milk because the other stuff breaks her face out really bad. Just wait until AF comes to visit your 10 y/o sd, RR!!!

And I was once a 10 y/o sd, and I definitely feel for you, RR. You aren't mom, so you will probably get some flack that "real" mom's don't. I can remember thinking that my step parents weren't my parents, so what gives them the right to say anything!!! (Oh, wait, I still feel that way?:devil: ) Patience pays off. My late step dad is the only adult male in my life that enabled me to have a sane relationship with DH. So hang in there. Since you are mom of the house, your role is very important, and even though you may catch some extra attitude, it will all pay off in the end!!!

See, I told ya'll my soap box would be mounted eventually!!!

Jul - Do you have a web site to show off your art? I would love to see what you do!!! I hope the magazine is ok.

Nanci - I am just so excited that I am loosing weight, that I keep checking the scales to see if I'm dreaming, or if I am actually loosing weight. I am loosing :smug: !

About the scale/scales controversy, I looked it up in the dictonary, and both are ok. I think the pluralization probably came from the fact that a balance has two "dishes" (just my thought there).

Well, I better gol. Dh and I decided to replace one meal with slim fast. Not because we need help loosing weight, but just because lunch is turning out to be more complicated than we thought it would be!