Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#134

thinthinker
02-17-2002, 01:36 PM
WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts

thinthinker
02-17-2002, 02:29 PM
Hi everyone! :wave: Happy Sunday! Hope you don't mind me starting the new thread. I know we weren't quit to 30 posts, but with 2cute not being here and the rest of you guys being scare-di-cats :lol: I figured I would go ahead and do it. BTW, it's really easy, just copy and paste an old message if you don't want to make up something on your own.

Went out last night to dinner, Italian, didn't do well, didn't try to do well! :o Then went to the movies and saw A Beautiful Mind. It was pretty interesting if not a little slow. It was a really good story about overcoming obstacles, in my opinion.

I have to go out and do an audit this afternoon while the guys are couch potatoes and watch the Daytona 500! I'm not a football widow, but I'm definately a NASCAR widow! :rolleyes: How exciting can turning left for 500 miles really be????? :?::?:

Katrina: 57 degrees! Woohoo! Spring has come to NJ! Go out and enjoy the day! * Let us know how the trip to the gym goes.

LuckyLadyBug: I confess, I didn't actually ever make the Snickers dessert, I stole it from another thread.....but it sounded good! :o
I think there's something to the coffee in the morning....heck, caffeine in general. My WW leader says caffeine is an appetite stimulant, so it would stand to reason that if you drink coffee in the morning, you would have morning cravings. Who'd have thought????

Andria: I'm glad you guys are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. It has been a rough year for you guys and I'm sure that getting back on financial track will surely help. [[[hugs]]]

Susie: You done good, girl! Keep it up and you'll back with it in no time! :)

Malia: So sorry to hear about your co-worker. That must be really awful! * I like the rose under your name, it looks like it's blooming! * You say "get a life" after 200 posts, let's talk after 1000!!! :spin:

Valerie: That new computer sounds like fun. You'll be playing with that for a long time. Make sure to visit dottisweightlosszone.com too. Lots of great stuff there!

Mary: I'm glad you got to see the girls. It's too bad about the circumstances, but I'm sure that you enjoyed the visit regardless!

2cute: Hope the silly string was fun! :devil: Also hope your dad is doing well. Keep us posted when you can. [[[HUGS]]]

thinthinker
02-17-2002, 02:31 PM
Sorry, it wouldn't let me be so loooooong winded in one post! :spin:

Well girls, for Soup or Salad Sunday I found my wonderful carrot cake recipe. This is sooooo yummy! :T Yeah, like what we all need is some more dessert recipes. :lol: But I think it's nice to have a couple of good cake recipes for when birthdays roll around. Sorry this is too late for Mary and 2cute, but maybe someone else can use it.

Carrot-Pineapple Cake
2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cans (8 oz. each) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1/4 cup skim milk
4 egg whites, lightly beaten (or 1/2 cup FF egg substitute)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups (packed) grated carrots (about 5 medium)
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/3 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Cream Cheese Icing
8 oz. nonfat or reduced-fat cream cheese
1 cup nonfat ricotta cheese
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl and stir to mix well. Stir in the pineapple, including the juice and the milk, egg whites and vanilla extract. Fold in carrots and the pecans if desired.

2. Coat a 9x13 inch pan with non stick cooking spray. Spread the batter evenly in the pan and bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes or just until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool to room temperature.

3. To make the icing, combine all of the icing ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth. Spread the icing over the cake and serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers.

Makes 16 servings. 4 WW points per serving.
Nutritional info per serving: 215 calories, 0.3g fat, 7.7g protein, 3mg cholesterol, 1.4g fiber, 268mg sodium.
Points and nutritional facts are based on using the non-fat ingredients instead of the reduced fat ingredients.

Have a wonderful Sunday, you guys. We'll talk later.

"To say something nice about themselves, this is the hardest thing in the world for people to do. They'd rather take their clothes off." - Nancy Friday

LuckyLadyBug
02-17-2002, 03:24 PM
Stumbled on this while surfing this morning. I thought it might help us get and/or stay motivated.

Just a little exercise goes a long way toward more energy, a great appearance and better health. Not to mention a longer life. "Three hours of life can be gained for every hour spent exercising," says Walter Bortz, M.D., author of Dare to Be 100 (Simon and Schuster, 1996).

First and foremost: "Exercise is the most effective anti-aging pill ever discovered," says the National Institutes of Health.
Working out can make you feel good, look great, and help recharge your libido. I know Thin with the water filled upper body and 2Cute with the silly string donít need any recharging here.
For many people, the benefits of exercise remedy some of the health damage associated with smoking, high blood pressure, and high blood sugar.

I guess it worked....I did Yoga for 20 min, TaeBo for 8 Min, and walked for 30 min AND it's only 1:19PM!!!!!

Grannie39074
02-17-2002, 10:23 PM
Hello all. here is the recipe for the Better than Sex Dessert

Crust:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup maragine low fat

combine flour pecans and butter till crumbly. Press into a 9x13 pan and bake at 300 for 30 min.

cream cheese layer
2 8oz. pkg. fat free cream cheese
1/2 large container fat free cool whip
sweetner to taste I left that out

mix well and spread over baked crust

pudding layer
1small pkg. choc pudding fat free
1 small pkg vanilla fat free pudding
3 cups fat free milk
mix together spread over cheese layer.
Top with remainder of cool whp chill.

I do not know the points but it is real good. They loved it at church.

Today went well for food.

I'll see all of you tomorrow.

prism
02-18-2002, 04:32 AM
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your words support. After I finished posting here, I checked out the local dating websites. Soon I was distracted and slept pretty well. I woke up to a beautiful day. Went to church and made wise eating choices. Tradeoff salad for lunch, for a dinner out. Great feeling to be in control. Tomorrow, I hope to achieve a three star day. Exercise, water, and OP. I've just finished watching icedancing and the gold medal award ceremony for the Canadian pairs.

I'm reading the complete idiot's guide to losing weight. Here's an excerpt:

The least you need to know
>Your goal is not to be like someone else but to reach your own personal weight.
>No matter how many times you've tried before, you can lose weight now.
>To lose weight, you have to burn more calories than you can consume.
>Learning about good food and nutrition can help you lose weight and keep it off.
>Some people lose weight faster and easier than others, but there's a weight-control solution for everyone.

Here's to a good night's sleep and exercise first thing.

Goodnight,
Malia

LuckyLadyBug
02-18-2002, 09:01 AM
Malia: Happy to read you are feeling better. Thanks for the quote from your book.

Motivational Monday:
" My interest is in the future; As I'm going to be spending the rest of my life there."

This is sure "food" for thought. I certainly don't wany my future to include being at this weight so ...... As much as I believe in living in the moment, I had better keep an eye on the future to help me stay motivated.

2cute2Bfat
02-18-2002, 10:19 AM
Hi guys
I have not been able to read any of this or the last thread.
I am walking out the door again.
As you know... my dad was put in the hospital Thursday. What you don't know is my mom was put into a different hospital Friday.
I am on my way to Missouri to take my dad home today. Hopefully mom will get to come home by Wed.
Just wanted to check in with you. My food has been AWFUL.
And NO it is NOT okay. I am suppose to be establishing a new way of life. One that does not include the mentality of "I will eat today and start again tomorrow". That has NEVER worked in the past... and it won't work in the future either.

If I am going to ever have long term recovery... long term new life style... I have got to CHANGE. It has been a longggg time since I ate in such a manner. And I do NOT like it!!!!!

Enough griping... time to stop whining and start getting myself back into recovery. See all of you in a few days.
DO NOT CHEAT ...It is NOT worth it !!!!

I am out of here.

katrinabgood
02-18-2002, 11:39 AM
I just did it again...obliterated my post...I had written a novel, when all of a sudden, noticing the dusty condition my keyboard, I wiped my sleeve over it...*POOF!* the post was gone...aah, it's probably for the best...

I had a great day yesterday, food-wise, water-wise, even exercise-wise. I never did make it to the gym, but as the sun was setting, I thought this is a perfect time for a walk and did just that. I walked for about 40 minutes, and it was great, I just kept walking toward the setting sun and sky, all ablaze in pink and purple and orange, when it was gone, I turned back. I felt wonderful afterwards! Today will be a good day too. Our lovely spring-like weather has vanished, though. Today is a chilly 31 degrees. At least the sun is shining!

I'm off...see you later. I'll leave you with this thought...

The conflict between what one is and who one is expected to be touches all of us. And sometimes, rather than reach for what one could be, we choose the comfort of the failed role, preferring to be the victim of circumstance, the person who didn't have a chance. ~~Merle Shain

I think that I'd like to try reaching, for a change...instead of being the victim, who's with me?

katrinabgood
02-18-2002, 05:40 PM
Me again...

I am taking a break from writing a book report...well, assisting in the writing of one...*&@%$#~(* I'm going to pull the hair out of my head if I don't get out of this house soon! :dizzy: I'm just waiting for dh to get back from some errands so I can get out and get some fresh air and take a L*O*N*G walk...

On the lighter side...I made Pistachio Fluff as per TT's recipe, good thing the points are so low...I may need to put a hurtin' on that later!! I also made a version of "0 point Soup" for lunch...added some beans for some protein, so it was about 1/2 point per serving. Frustration will NOT make me cheat! (Not today anyway!)

OK, back to the "Tale of the Shimmering Shell"

I love my son, I love my son, I love my son....................

qsilver
02-18-2002, 06:34 PM
Hey everyone :)

Have you ever been able to feel yourself coming out of a slump? I'm not sure if it is the walking or dh getting a second job, but I've sure been coming out of mine. This morning I woke up and instead of crying at the snow outside (yes, it was snowing!) and the fact that our family picnic idea was spoiled, I started working on some household projects. Things get so cluttered when I'm in a funk. It feels so good to be getting the cobwebs cleared out of my brain and my life at the same time!

Food is being good. It is easier when you are broke and aren't buying junk food or treats. :lol: My walking is also improving. I've already walked my mile for the day, and I noticed it was easier than last Monday when I started the full mile. I'll add the half mile before dinner tonight. Keeping this schedule up, I'll have walked 28.5 miles before the end of the month. :) The little number cruncher in me was thinking it would be fun to figure out how many miles I need to walk at my current speed to lose a pound. Yes, I'm an odd one!

My break from house cleaning is getting a tad long. I'd better get back to it while the motivation is still strong. I can hardly believe what a disaster this place is!

Andria

LuckyLadyBug
02-18-2002, 08:11 PM
Kat: I will join you in not being a victim. Yesterday was good and I exercised. Today my alarm didn't go off so I couldn't do my planned exercise but I didn't let it get me down. I decided "things like this will always happen in life just stay on program". So, I planned to exercise as soon as I got home. I had a tiring, ucky day but talked to myself all the way home and feel better. I also changed from exercising right away when I got home to doing it a little later. Good thing I did because one of nephews is coming over to use my computer for awhile.

I will report my exercise to you later because I will be doing it.

It's over 50 and raining here in Minnesota....

I love my son, I love my son, I love my son.................... Had to laugh at this one!!!

Andria Good for you having your walk done already. I have decided to walk one mile a day too. I usually plan 3 or 4 miles and when that takes to long and too much time out of my day I quit so baby steps....

2Cute I hope your folks are or will be okay. Don't worry you have us and will be establishing your new life in no time. In the mean time, we are here to listen and help you whine!!!! :D

Grannie39074
02-18-2002, 10:11 PM
Evening all Sorry I haven't been here today. I helped do some paintint at the library. We are getting new carpet and some other things. I am sore all over from stooping and bending. We ordered pizza for lunch but all the excercise hopefully helped with it. :lol:

2 cute hope your Mom and Dad are doing better.
Where is everyone else

Grannie39074
02-19-2002, 08:49 AM
Tuesday Tip
DO NOT let your husband buy girl scott cookies:lol: :dizzy:

I have to go back to the library and help paint today. It sure looks brighter but boy I can feel it i my bones.

Has anyone ever tried the WW Ice cream sandwiches? I got some Sat. got the Choc. They are wonderful.

Well I have to get a shower and eat breakfast. Hope all of my buddies come back soon.

LuckyLadyBug
02-19-2002, 09:07 AM
Well, I did it....I got up at 5:30 and did 1/2 hour of yoga and 8Min Taebo.

My schedule is so goofy it's hard to get a routine. Tomorrow I have to go into work an hour early and I just don't think I will get up at 4 or 4:15 to exercise. This doesn't happen every week but a few times a month I have to go in early for meetings.

I have been contemplating doing my exercising as an average for the week. Some days I may do less and some days more but at the end of the week it would all add up to the same as if I did it each day. Did that make sense? It may be too early to be trying to write this!:lol:

Of course, my goal is to exercise each day but rather than having some days, because of my schedule, fall by the way side with this plan I would still be keeping in mind that I have to do more exercise some days.

Tuesday Tip:
Don't feel guilty
GUILT. For a woman, it's a lifelong companion.
Our husbands make us feel guilty
Our kids make us feel guilty
Our moms make us feel guilty
Our mothers-in-law make us feel guilty
Just about everyone makes us feel guilty about SOMETHING.
No wonder we reach for the cookies.
No wonder we forget about ourselves.
No wonder we get fat.
A new approach
Say No to guilt.
How?
By pretending you're not perfect.
Because the ONLY thing that keeps making us feel guilty
is the idea that we must be perfect.

QueenB
02-19-2002, 04:10 PM
Welcome to you Baylee! Hope to see you lots. This is an absolutely wonderful group of people who see each other through ups and downs. Some stand out and post a little more and some sit back and post a little less and sometimes the roles are reversed, but everyone is truly awesome. I havent posted for the last couple of days, but I went back and read the entire last thread and this one up till now. :dizzy: Lots of reading! My little boy has been pretty sick for the last 2 days and every bit of energy I've had has been used up taking care of him. He has asthma and whenever he gets a cold, everything just kinda escalates, so the breathing treatments have been about every four hours to keep him out of the hospital and my head is splitting open. :( My off days are Sunday and Monday and he got sick Saturday evening, so I don't even feel like I've had any time off. When he finally goes to sleep for a few minutes, he's back up choking and coughing cause he's having such a hard time breathing, plus the medication that goes into his breathing treatments are stimulants so that doesn't help either. When I get behind on posting, and I go back and read everyones, I usually try to keep a piece of paper handy so when I want to respond to someone individually, I can remember the name of the person who posted what so I won't thank Malia for posting the recipe that TT did. Know what I mean? :lol: So for now, I'll just update. Other than my little boy being sick and watching the Daytona 500 (Sorry TT, I LOVE Nascar) I have stayed OP and within my points and have still been doing my walking video and have now included the weights and I still am loving it! I go to WI tonight, so I will post again when I get back. 2cute: Sorry about your Mom and Dad in the hospital. I am here for you as you have been here for me. You are in my prayers. Wish me luck at WI!!!

katrinabgood
02-19-2002, 04:20 PM
Hey Baylee,

I was wondering about that new fangled math you had going there...:lol: I'm very impressed with you getting our names and places together! Welcome to our merry little group! I think you'll like it here...I sure do!

Hey! Guess what?? I weighed in this am...I lost 4 lbs! I guess when you really stick to the plan and exercise fairly consistently, these things CAN happen! All righty then...only 55 lbs to go for my birthday goal of 199! (July 3rd) oh man...what a present that will be!! :D That's a lot, I know, but it's what I'm shooting for...short term goal, I'd love to get below 250 this month!

Lucky...that is SO true about GUILT! Where does that come from?? Do our mothers teach us that? Do we get it through osmosis? I ALWAYS feel guilty about something! The house isn't immaculate, I didn't go to the PTA meeting, I didn't call my parents, I didn't cook tonight, I didn't shave my legs, I didn't go to the gym, on and on, ad infinitum...Instead of focusing on what I haven't done, I believe I will start keeping track of what I HAVE done and DO everyday! Provide a loving home for my family, work crazy hours, do laundry, bake bread, drive all over the place, do book reports, walk the dog, make dinner (sometimes! ;)) watch "Sponge Bob Squarepants" with my son...(Not to mention the AWESOME Sponge Bob Halloween costume I made this year!) This is going to be my new code...NO MORE GUILT!!!

At WW today, the leader spoke of feelings vs hunger...so here is my Tuesday Tip, as per Ruth: When you are tempted to eat, think of the following...

HALT!

Do you want to eat because you are:

H...hungry? (actual physical feelings of hunger) :T
A...angry? (frustrated?) :mad:
L...lonely? (bored?) :(
T...tired? :yawn:

Give yourself 20 minutes to assess your hunger...is it physical or emotional? Find something to do in the mean time. If it's meal time, then eat, if not, do something that you enjoy instead. (besides eating! :lol: ) Take the time to get to know your true feelings.

My post is getting too long, so I'll just say HI to everyone else for now...I don't want to get bumped for length!

Have a TERRIFIC Tuesday, my friends!

:wave:

thinthinker
02-19-2002, 06:39 PM
Howdy! :wave: Just a quickie to let you know I'm still alive! :)

I have something for you all to ponder.
Why are married women heavier than single women? Single women come home, see what's in the fridge and go to bed. Married women come home, see what's in bed and go to the fridge.

I'll be back later when you've had a chance to chew on that one for awhile! :lol:

Grannie39074
02-19-2002, 08:00 PM
Evening all

Well I got in my exercise for the day. I am going back to help tomorrow that should finish the painting.
Thin I like that one so true so true:lol:

I didn't know you had muscles in the bottom of your feet:lol: Boy they hurt.

Well I better go wash dishes, I'm too tired to eat.(maybe I should paint every day:lol: )

LuckyLadyBug
02-19-2002, 09:51 PM
Baylee: WELCOME.... I love walking outside too but as we know that isn't possible for part of the year in Minnesota. EXCEPT this year...hasn't it been great. I live in Southwest - but almost in the middle of the state - where the bump is on the east side of Minnesota - at the bottom of that.

Kat: CONGRATULATIONS....4 LBS....WAY TO GO What a GREAT idea...keeping track of all you do. I know, for me, it seems I can guilt myself over anything and am tired of it.

Thin Thanks for sharing that it is sooooo perfect.

Tina: You have your hands full with your boy. I sure hope he is better soon. How did WI go? :angel:

Today is good...I exercised so it was a success from that time on. I have to leave for work at 6:30AM tomorrow so I don't know how I will feel about exercising at 4AM - I might just sleep until 5 and exercise when I get home.

I have to start tracking my eating, exercising and, as Kat suggested, the NON-guilt things I do every day. I would love for someone to follow me around and do that for me each day!!!!;)

prism
02-20-2002, 12:12 AM
Hi everyone,

Welcome Baylee! 2cute, I pray your parents will be okay. Just focus on what you need to do. We'll be here, if you need us.

Katrina, spongebob! I love spongebob. My nephew introduced me to the cartoon. I figured it must be "I'll be turning 40 this year--let's be a kid again or is it the hawaiian music?", but it makes me laugh. I see those characters in the people around me. :lol: Especially my brother, Bob. He's more like Patrick, but is very offended by the name. By the way, congratulations on your weight loss.

It worked! Hoping to break my plateau. I did richard yesterday. Today, I did Kathy Smith's March to Fitness. I divided the tape into 4 parts. With a 10lb bar, I did chest press, military press, squats, and situps in between intervals. After my workout and shower, I kept perspiring. I felt hungry. Those muscles were burning them fat cells. I know going this route will probably show a gain, but as I'll be measuring--will show a loss.s

Katrina, I'm watching spongebob right now. Patrick in a loin cloth. Yikes. He looks like a gorilla.

It's time for dinner. Tonight on the olympics, women's skating.

Goodnight,
Malia

qsilver
02-20-2002, 12:57 AM
Hey everyone :)

I've decided my life is set in a pattern of 1 step forward and 2 back. Glad I'm able to do my walking. Otherwise, I might be curled up in the fetal position by now. AAAARRRRGGGGHHH! Yes, that was a scream of frustration. And yes, I'm laughing at myself now. ;)

I was hanging out on the couch with my girls last night and we were munching on popcorn (air popped, of course) and watching a movie. All of a sudden, I realized I had broken a tooth. Pretty shocking considering I wasn't eating anything really hard. I try to take good care of my teeth, but I guess things happen.

Anyway, the problem is that I have health insurance, but not dental. It is soooo hard to find a dentist who will accept me without insurance. The others won't make payment arrangements. I found one who will see me next Monday, but they need half cash up front. Since we had to pay the co-pay up front for my knee surgery, I don't have it.

I'm frustrated right now, but at least I have a good attitude. It will all come out in the end whether I stress and whine or not. I'm also proud of myself for not using this as an excuse to binge. Not that it would work anyway... Doesn't feel that great to chew!

I'd better run. Takes a lot more time to get out the door in the morning without DH helping. Have a good night. :)

Andria

Grannie39074
02-20-2002, 09:25 AM
Good morning all. Hope all of you are ok. Lets stay op today

Andria sorry about the tooth. I know what you mean about insurance and not having enough money to go to the Dr. I guess a lot of us are in the same boat when it comes to insurance coverage.

Welcome Baylee we are a happy go lucky group and we are here for you.

Kat congrats on the 4 lb. loss.

Well I'm off to the library to finish up the painting:wave:

katrinabgood
02-20-2002, 11:24 AM
GOOD MORNING!

I love this time of morning...

after I come in from work, about 7:20, we do the pre school run around...rush rush rush...get breakfast together, drive her, find stuff, study spelling words, etc etc...my son walks out the door at 8:45, (he only gets to see the FIRST Sponge Bob episode, Malia, I get to see both!:lol: ) Now, it's time for me! I turn on the computer, make some tea and toast and quietly sit and read my email, check up on what you guys are up to, surf a bit...it's so quiet!! The only problem with that is that I to get TOO cozy and spend ALL morning here! I get no sleep, the house is a mess and then I am wracked with, there's that word again... Guilt! :nono:

New rules today...I will limit my computer time to 10:00, guilt free...after that, I must accomplish three things (empty/fill the dishwasher, throw a load of wash in, vacuum. whatever needs to be done) Before I get back on the 'puter I must also do some kind of exercise (walk, a tape, gym class) Worth a shot...

I have discovered that the number on the scale can really determine my mood and mindset...yesterday's loss has filled me with positivity! (that a word?) I am just brimming with energy and cheerfulness, getting stuff done, LOOKING for things to do that I have neglected! On the other hand...when the number goes UP, the mood crashes DOWN! Whatever that number IS is a direct result of my efforts (or lack thereof!) I am going to TRULY try to work on not basing my self-worth on the number on the scale.

2cute, hope all is well with you and your folks. {{{hug}}}

Thin...:lol: :lol: :lol: I'll have to ask dh if the same is true for guys!

Grannie...painting really gets you huffing and puffing, doesn't it? Good exercise!

Lucky...great job exercising! When I worked day shift, I LOVED the days that I was ABLE (key word, doesn't always happen) to work out before going in...those endorphins really help you cruise through the day!

Andria...Sorry about your dental woes...I admire your attitude, though. Hang in there!

QueenB...good to see you back! I hope your little guy is better! Congrats for sticking to your points and exercise! How was the WI?

Baylee...where are you today? Come on in!

Malia...i'd have to say that although I love the dry, sardonic wit of Squidward, I find SpongeBob's optimistic naivety charming and all around dumb but lovable Patrick reminds me of a few folks I know...my favorite on the show is Gary...~MEOW~

OK, now look what you guys did! I was having so much fun here, I am officially 25 minutes over my time limit!!! I DID do some chores this a.m. BEFORE I got on, so I'll cut myself some slack just this once!

I hope I didn't miss anyone...have a good one, gang!
:cool:

thinthinker
02-20-2002, 04:20 PM
Hello all! :wave: I'm not believing I lost a HUGE long post....again! I will try to recreate some of it, but Darn that makes me mad!!! :mad:

I was so busy with 'bra jobs' for the past week that it's been hard to get here. I did a Walmart this morning. The good news is that besides the leopard print they have a shocking pink that is not an underwire! WooHoo!! Those of us who have girls that don't want to be poked and prodded will be happy with that. :p

Andria: Sounds like your attitude is terrific! * Sorry about the tooth, what a bummer!!!

LuckyLadyBug: Sounds like you're really on a roll with the exercise! Good for you! * The piece on "Guilt" was wonderful. It's time we all give up some of that guilt and get on with life.

2cute: Hope your folks are doing better and that you have a safe trip back home!

Malia: Sounds like you're getting the exercise monster under control! Good for you!

Katrina: CONGRATS! 4 POUNDS IS AWSOME! I loved the piece on "The Conflict......" Boy, that was good!

Baylee: Welcome to our humble little corner of 3FC's! We're glad to have you here. Hope you stop by often. When I first started here, I kept a 3x5 card for each of the girls. I recorded their names and where they were from until I got to know them. I would add info as it was shared, like kids, etc. Kind of like playing the game Clue!! :lol: As for the cute pictures, there are lots of sites that have gifs available. Type gifs and/or animation in your search engine and it will give you lots of options. Once you find one you like you use the right botton on your mouse and you'll be able to 'save'. I save all of mine to a disk, you can also save it anywhere else you want. Then when you post, there is a spot under the window you type in that says 'Attach file". You hit the 'browse' button, find the gif you want to post, and then hit 'submit'. Hope this helps.

Mary: The recipe sounds great! I'll have to enter it in my MasterCook and see how the nutrition statement looks. * The bottoms of the feet are probably hurting because when you squat and reach you're not flat on them. * I bet that library really looks great with the new paint job and carpet.

Tina: So sorry your son has been ill. It must be especially hard with his asthma!

Well girls, I think we should all banish the guilt this week. Here's what I propose. Let's come and post each day 3 things that we accomplished the day before. Kind of like a Gratitude Journal, but this will be a Banish the Guilt Journal! I'll go first....today I
1. Did a load of clothes
2. Cleaned out under my desk
3. Will make a nice meal of grilled fish for dinner
Who'll go next????

I'm going to let you all go. I spent more time here than planned because of losing my prior post. See you all lighter!!! :D

It occurred to me when I was thirteen and wearing white gloves and Mary Janes and going to dancing school, that no one should have to dance backward all their lives." - Jill Ruckelshaus

katrinabgood
02-20-2002, 05:04 PM
I'm next!!

Just a quickie...

Not only did I dust off my gym membership card and axtually use it, I persuaded my HUSBAND to come with me! Now THAT is an accomplishment!! (He's no Slim Jim either, but why is it that men carry the weight so much better?:( ) I used the treadmill for 20 minutes,, did some weight machines, mostly upper body stuff, the took a swim and did some water exercises. THEN I sat in the steam bath...aaahhhh, heaven! They have a little juice bar there so we ordered veggie wraps with hummus...I'm feeling oh so virtuous and victorious!!

ok, 2...I cleaned my bathroom!
3. I cleared off and dusted the night stands in my bedroom and de-cluttered to scary space around this computer!

I am grateful for this group, that my gym card still works and that I had something to wear there! (one of my convenient "excuses" for why I couldn't go before!)

bye now...:wave:

Grannie39074
02-20-2002, 05:59 PM
Hello all

I came home and crashed I am soooo tired.The library looks so good.

I'm not going in tomorrow. I need to rest and take time for me.

Glad I came home to so many posts.

1. I cooked dinner even though I was tired.
2. I painted lots of walls
3. I journalled everything I ate even though I ate too much.

LuckyLadyBug
02-20-2002, 07:36 PM
EAST did I say EAST....Baylee Really i do know where I live - the West Bump!!!! Winona I know where that is. I lived in Bloomington (across the street from the Mall of America) for 27 years. I just moved back out here to the wild prairie.

Great idea Thin (but how long do we have to do it - just kidding )

Banish the Guilt Journal
1. Washed Clothes
2. Vacuumed
3. Had a good day at work...kept my mind positive

Who is Sponge Bob anyway?

Today started out a bummer. I weighed myself and stayed the same again and then I couldn't get on the computer to whine to you.

I went out to lunch (late, which isn't good) and had a turkey melt and a piece of pie. :mad: I NEVER have ordered pie before in my life. The only time I have had pie is on a holiday. I was eating the pie and talking to myself (which I seem to do all the time) about why I had ordered it and it finally hit me..checked my calander and sure enough this is the week before my TOM. I should have known...Oh, well, I won't be eating dinner. I don't feel hungry anyway, thankfully.

Oops, someone at the door...back later.

p.a.
02-20-2002, 10:12 PM
Hi everyone! I also have been reading this board for a bit and decided it was time to join you wonderful people. You give each other so much encouragement. Would you mind if I join this group. I have recently started the WW program on my own. There is no group near me. I'm still learning about it . I have lots of weight to lose , since Jan. 1 have lost 16 pounds...I feel so much better. I'm still learning my way around this board so please forgive me if I goof.

thinthinker
02-20-2002, 10:57 PM
DO NOT POST HERE!!

Go to '300+ And Ready To Try Again...#135