100 lb. Club - acountability / menus / planning Feb 24 - March 1

mj5
02-24-2008, 06:35 AM
Looking for some accountability? Support? A place to list your menus? This is the place? Feel free to join us!

mj5
02-24-2008, 06:37 AM
I just realized that I should have started us off w/ a new thread...oops! Here is my post from last week's thread:

Good Morning! I am up WAY too early for a Sunday am...I have been up since 5am! There is a nap in my future today! The laundry is almost done, soup is back in the crock pot--at least it has been a productive hour!

Not much planned for today. My mom is going to stop by today so that will be fun. She might have some clothes for me to go through that she is getting rid of -- even more fun! She is about a size or two behind me in weight loss, so she is keeping me stocked up!

mathpuppy--how have you been this weekend?

Rhonda--How was ladies night? I am so overdue for a hair cut it isn't even funny...better add that to my list of things to do!

Dh has to work late again tonight, so I'm sure I'll be around a lot again today!

Beverlyjoy
02-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Hi friends....hope you are doing well. I am having a wonderful visit with family - staying mostly with my healthy eating. I over indulged with ice cream at the party. I'll carry on healthfully today.

Have a great day. Treat yourself as well as you would treat your best friends.

Darkblue
02-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Alright, this is my official start of whole foods/superfoods, and attempt #5 at weight loss.

Since I'm not allowed a slider yet, I'll post my starting weight this week--247 pounds. Ugh. :(

I'm off to make breakfast with oatmeal, walnuts, cinnamon, raisins. Will probably have an orange, too. The hard part today will come after church, when the family is going to want to eat out.

Schmoodle
02-24-2008, 10:34 AM
Hi chicks, I am back from my trip and so happy to be home. It was a terrible week to travel, with weather delays and other screw-ups making for 2 very long travel days. I can't post a menu, as my cupboard is bare and I'm gonna have to wing it until I can plan my menus for the week and get to the grocery store later today. I just had a piece of Ezekiel toast with natural peanut butter, and I think I can make a tuna salad for lunch.

I did pretty well with food. I always travel with lots of food now, since you can never depend on what you're going to find when you get where you're going. I always wonder what the screeners at the airport are thinking when they see my carry on full of hard boiled eggs, string cheese and triscuits!
But I did have a sopapilla at the Mexican restaurant on Friday. And last night I got into some peanut M&Ms and had a hard time stopping. Oh well, back home and back to normal! Hope you chicks are having a great weekend.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Good morning, Accountability Partners. Hope you are enjoying your Sunday.

Darkblue - :welcome2: So glad you decided to join us. Please post often so we can get to know you.
Schmoodle - Welcome back!
Beverly - Glad you are enjoying your visit with your family.
MJ - Wow...5am? I slept until 11:00 and still feel wiped out.

Its accountability time. I didn't do very well with staying on-plan yesterday. We had planned on eating dinner at Applebees so Hubby and I could stay on-plan. Part of me was thinking that I really shouldn't eat dinner as I was going to the Ladies night and wanted to enjoy some eating there. But, I knew that Hubby and my youngest DD were hungry, so I went along. Instead of eating something from the Weight Watchers portion of the menu, I caved and had a burger and fries. Once I started looking at the pictures and other options, my willpower caved. I didn't eat the whole burger and all of the fries....had about half of each. But, I have no idea how many calories I ate. Then, I drank the last 1/4 of DDs shake. At ladies night, I had a piece of birthday cake....not the whole thing, but no idea how many calories there. Tomorrow is my official weigh-in and the scales are up about 1 1/2 pounds from where they were yesterday. I know this is probably water weight, but I'm very aggravated and disappointed with myself. I'm not looking for sympathy from anyone as non is due. I'm just coming clean with everyone and making a committment to stay on-plan today and to plan ahead a little better in the future. I should have known what I was ordering before I even stepped one foot into that restaurant. So, today is a 1200 calorie day for me and I'll be drinking tons of water.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

starofsorrow
02-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Heyoos! First time going into the acountability/menus/planning thread. =)

I'm having SO much trouble figuring out my menu for the week. Generally I just eat what I feel like eating that day factoring in making healthier choices, but I realized that I"m gonna have to batter down my hatches and really plan it out so I don't keep making bad choices.

I'm also on the LAWL, so it's been some getting used to because they're more strict and I'm not sure how to convert what i used to eat to LA points....so yeah!

Here's what I've managed to figure out so far:
I'll make some food off the LA recipes, and they're ognna last me a good week, if not more. Bruschetta stuffed chicken breasts (8 of 'em), and cheesy beef brocculi thingie. I plan on adding veggies and the like to it, but other than that, I'm pretty lost. I can't fiure out what to do about breakfast! I'm usually SO busy in the morning that I just need something I can literally GRAB and go. I'm gonna try a bagel with a bit of cream cheese and two slices of tomatoes in it for breakfast. That might helps omewhat, and I need to figure out snacks, too! Good lord.

I didn't do so good over the past two days. I went to visit my mother, and I kinda ate a bit too much. No biggie...it's only a pound or two for two days. I'll keep working at it!

Other than that...hm. I dunno what else I should think about.

Purplefirefly
02-24-2008, 01:12 PM
:wave: hi everyone! And a big welcome to Darkblue. That starting weight may be depressing...but it will be going down quicker than you think. You can do this!

DDs birthday party at the skating rink went very well yesterday. It was just a crazy day for me, getting her from cheerleading to there with friends visiting unexpexted in between. I was on my feet literally the entire day, did not get to sit down until after 8PM when we got back home. I didn't get my exercise in though, so it's my day off for this week. She got a TON of gifts, it looks like Christmas all over again in our house today as hubby gets them all out of those boxes.

I started my 365 day challenge all over yesterday :cry: I am disappointed I didnt' make it the first time around, but the second will work. I did some tweaking on my plan and kept going in my journal, just started with day one again. I'll do better this time, I am determined.

Star--:welcome: Quick breakfast items in my house are boiled eggs which I boil the night before, yogurt, cottage cheese and fruit, or since I don't like any other breakfast foods, a lot of days i just have regular food like a sandwich or something. Food is food and it doesn't have to be typical breakfast foods just because it's morning. You will get going on your plan and have it tweaked to your lifestyle in time, just keep trying and playing with new ideas.

Rhonda--I tried to send you another PM but your box is full :) Was just going to say you can always brag that you at least made it further on the 365 day challenge than I did ;) We WILL do it this time. I have confidence in us.

Schmoodle--glad you are home safe :hug:

Beverly--SO true on treating yourself as good as you would a friend. I need to remember that one.

mj--nice to have someone to give you clothes along the way! Hope there is lots you can wear now.

mj5
02-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Hi everyone!

beverlyjoy--enjoy your family time!

darkblue--Welcome!

Schmoodle--Welcome back! I enjoy going away, but I always enjoy coming home more!

Rhonda--Good for you for getting right back on track today! It could have been a lot worse! Yea, 5am MUCH too early! Fine for a work day, but a Sunday?! I am going to snooze (late nap) w/ the dogs so I can stay up and watch some of the grammys tonight.

starofsorrow--Welcome! Ooh bruschetta stuffed chichen breast--is that as good as it sounds?

Purple--Phew, what a busy day yesterday! Good for you for being so determined! I know you can do it!

Today I ended up going shopping w/ my mom, grandmother, sister, and neice for a little while. I cannot believe it, but i didn't buy anything! I found lots of good bargains, but I couldn't see spending money on a lot of stuff I don't plan on wearing very long. My mom just gave me a bunch of clothes, so I really don't need anything right now anyway. When I do my Spring cleaning, I will see what I need and buy a few new things, but I don't want to go overboard.

The hardest part of today was resisting the food....my sister went through a drive through to get drinks. No problem...I don't drink soda, so no temptation there--just plain iced tea for me. Then she ordered her daughter chicken nuggets and fries. I didn't want any, in fact I have never been much of a fast food fan, but they smelled SO good. I resisted. Then a little while later my sister was hungry so she stopped somewhere else to get something to eat. Again, it smelled good, but I know whatever she ordered was loaded w/ fat, salt, and grease. Thanfully she moved to the back seat so she could eat and my mom drove (I was already up front), so I wasn't tempted to sample anything. I have no idea what she was eating, she didn't offer any and I didn't ask, but I kept telling myself that I had a whole crock pot of homemade soup at home--MUCH better (taste and calorie wise) than whatever she was eating! Phew, I did have a small snack when I got home because I realized I was really hungry, but I didn't go over-board.

Right now I am waiting for the soup to re-heat and then it's my turn to eat! I was really close to asking her to get me something to eat, but I am really glad I didn't!

As I said to Rhonda, because I was up so early this am, I am going to take a 'late nap' w/ the dogs so I can stay up and watch some of the grammys. Dh won't be home until late and he will be pleasantly surprised that we are 'waiting' up for him.

Have a great evening!

mj5
02-24-2008, 07:55 PM
I meant watcht the Oscars...I like to see all the pretty dresses!

bigtxmomma
02-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Ugh, I ate too much this weekend. Last night we decided to go camping, so we were late on dinner because we wanted to have a cookout. Unfortunately, the park only had camping spots open in their overflow PARKING LOT, meaning we'd have had to pitch a tent in a ditch in the middle of a PARKING LOT!! =/ So we left and were pretty cranky because we had been looking forward to it. So I ate like a handful of soy nuts & other nuts on the drive up & down, and had a low cal beer (90 cals). Then we went home and had a cookout and I had a couple fat free hot dogs and some Laughing Cow cheese. =/ I overindulged, though, and ate too much. Then today I made ratatouille (we're watching the movie), and again i OVERATE. At least it was just roasted vegetables. But it's still not good to get used to the habit of feeling stuffed.

I didn't even work out today. =/ I think tonight I'll do the strength exercises, and clean up more, and try to get some exercise in. My weekends are just sooo chaotic. I need to be more orderly and plan ahead better.

Welcome, darkblue and starofsorrow!

All right, I'm going to go get my butt in gear, and then come back and do personals!!! mj, reading your post actually inspired me to finish cleaning, hahahahah. =D

Darkblue
02-24-2008, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the welcome, everyone. :)

I've caught a cold, it seems. Should have made some better choices along with my good stuff, but I feel rotten.

Positives today:
Breakfast: 5-grain oatmeal (high fiber) with wheatgerm, cinnamon, organic raisins, 1 tbs walnuts. Two cups no-fat milk, two mugs hot tea.
Lunch: Deli sandwich with multi-grain bread, low-fat mayo, ham, turkey, lettuce, tomato, peppers. Iced tea.
Mid-afternoon: One cup pomegranate juice
Dinner: White chicken chili---chicken, broth (low sodium), navy beans, corn, tomatos, chili, Montery Jack cheese. One cup no-fat milk.
Snack at night: Green tea with one tbs honey, for cough/throat
Exercise--a few reps each on upper body exercises with home gym. I'm coughing so hard that more was impossible.

Should have made better choices/negatives:
Lemon square at deli for lunch. Four Oreos and Little Debbie snack cake mid-afternoon, "comfort food" :(

Tomorrow will be better, I hope.

starofsorrow
02-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Mj5 - Yes, it is delicious! I tried it for the first time today. I would suggest adding a bit more seasoning to the meal itself, but overall, it's fanastic! I have plenty of leftovers for this week, too! Yay!

rakel
02-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Hey everybody! My shoulder doesn't hurt anymore -- yay!

Today I noticed my 22 jeans were feeling awfully loose, so I pulled out the size 20 jeans my sister sent me for transitional clothing. I thought I'd see if I could button them up and sure enough, I can! They are still pretty tight -- I couldn't wear them comfortably, but it really made me feel good about my progress lately. It's definitely a very visible affirmation and encouragement to keep on keeping on. When I first got them I tried them on and they fit in the legs alright, but I just couldn't button them up... I think they will fit more comfortably soon!

Well, my car is having some trouble (surprise, surprise), and apparently is not safe to drive until I can get it fixed. This means I'll probably be working from home for a few days until my mobile mechanic can come work on it either Tuesday or Wednesday. I have to call him tomorrow to set an appointment. Thankfully, an offering was taken up in my church to help with the cost of the repairs, which I am definitely grateful for. I didn't ask for it and I certainly wasn't expecting it... but I'm very thankful for the extra money. I think when all was said and done, I had about $85 to last for food and credit card bills until my next paycheck in 2 weeks (which more or less means no eating :P)... but not anymore!

mj5
02-25-2008, 06:07 AM
Good Morning! I got up early and did a 2 mile watp dvd. I feel so good! Plan for today is to leave work on time (or as close as possible) and go to the gym--legs/back w/ weights and some more cardio.

bigtxmomma--Sorry to hear about your camping trip....Care to share your ratatouille recipe? I thought the movie was pretty cute! Ha! Me? Inspire someone to clean?! Now that is funny!!!

darkblue--Hope you feel better!

starofsorrow--Care to share the recipe (or where I can find it?) I am always looking for new things to try...especially w/ chicken!

Rakel--So glad your shoulder is better! CONGRATS on the jeans...smaller jeans is always a good thing, even they are a bit tight now, they won't be for long! Too bad about the car repairs, but wonderful that your church is helping w/ the repairs. Wonderful support! How are the wedding plans coming?

The veg/beef soup came out great. I have never made it before and dh was really impressed. He can't wait for me to try chicken noodle now! I think some of this soup making (other than it is freezing cold around here) is b/c I am missing my dad lately. He LOVED to cook and one of his specialties was soups and stews. Unfortunately, I never learned a lot of his 'secrets', so I am kind of winging it...so far so good! Unlike him, though, I am trying to find some healthier twists on some things. The 2 year anniversary of his death is in a couple of weeks, so it's no wonder I am missing him a bit more right now.

I almost forgot...TOM is on its way (any day), so I am all bloated and gross...I didn't even bother w/ the scale today. Once TOM is gone, then I'll weigh in again.

Beverlyjoy
02-25-2008, 07:03 AM
Hi friends...I had the best time with my family in Michigan last weekend. Have I mentioned how delighted I am to be a grandma! It's so wonderful!

I mostly stayed on plan all weekend. I did ate too much choc. ice cream at the party Saturday night. But, I had a healthy food day on Sunday. What do they say..."progress, not perfection can be good too."

meditation
water
stretches and movement
PMA
journal food

breakfast - egg white scramble and ketchup, 1/2 banana, pnb toast
snack - red pepper strips
lunch - cottage cheese, brown rice, carrots
snack - cereal, milk
dinner - turkey sausage, 12 grain pancake, sf syrup, applesauce
snack - cold cereal, flax, milk

I'll be back for personals later today.

Have a GREAT, HEALTHFUL day today chickies! Remember to treat yourself as well as you'd treat a good friend.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-25-2008, 07:44 AM
Good morning, Accountability Friends!

Today is my official weigh-in day and I've lost another .8 of a pound. Not exactly zooming along like I'd hoped, but it is a loss so I can't really complain.

Star - :welcome2: So glad you decided to post with us.
Purple - I cleared out my PM box so I now have space available. I've been thinking about my on-plan committment and I'm going to revise my criteria. I will still try to link days together, but I won't start over. I'd like to see how long it takes me to reach 100 on-plan days. For me, trying to go 365 days without an off-plan day is a bit overwhelming.
MJ - I think its great that you can cook soup and stews like your Dad. What a great way to remember and honor him.
Momma- Sorry your camping trip didn't turn out well.
Darkblue - Sorry you're not feeling well. It is hard to not use food to make yourself feel better, but you can do this. Hope you feel better soon.
Rakel - Congratulations on getting into your size 20 jeans! I have some size 22 incentive jeans that I'm trying to get into. Hopefully, I can follow in your footsteps and get into mine soon.
Beverly - So glad you had a great visit with your family. And, you're right....progress is good.

My plan for today: I need to get more diligent about tracking my calories. I tend to stop tracking around dinner and start estimating. I also need to stop procrastinating and get on the treadmill. My weight loss is slowing down and I'm not willing to cut my calories quite yet....so, that leaves only one option. Sweat equity!

wanderingfatgirl
02-25-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm still holding at 250. Starting last Thursday, I have been doing a twice-daily, huffing, puffing, nasty, evil b!tch of a hill-climb, as fast I can walk, once in the morning before work and again when I get home. It really is a pig of a hill. But it feels so good to get to the top! So I'm confident (or should I say hopeful?) that I'll break into the 240's this week.

Doesn't help that we went out for lunch yesterday to celebrate a friend's birthday. I ate a huge plate of roast beef with all the trimmings. I was going to give the roast potatoes to DH but they looked sooo yummy... and you can guess the rest. Plus I had the teensiest slice of chocolate cake. But on the plus side, I didn't gain any weight either. My body just seems happy resting at 250 right now.

starofsorrow
02-25-2008, 08:52 AM
mj5 - The recipe can be found in the L.A. Weight Loss forums in the recipes subforum, main dish. =) I just bumped it to the first page with a question of mine about how long to bake it for. They didn't have the oven temperature listed, so I made a guess of about 350-375. Still came out great!

Girly - Thanks! I'm making more of an effort to post more often, still a bit shy but still I think this is a great site, so I'm gonna be checking it a few times a day. (Yeah, I'm obsessed with forums! I check two daily, sometimes twice a day!)

This morning, I woke up way too early (at least in my opinion), and just forced myself to get up so I could at least take a shower to go to school. I decided to try a bagel with one tablespoon of cream cheese and two slices of tomato. I didn't think it would fill me up, so I took a banana just in case. Imagine my surprise when I felt stuffed after finishing off the bagels!!! I guess it's a good thing that I'm starting to learn how to recognize my being full but not too full state and the like?

Yesterday was real tough....I didn't drink enough water, and I forgot to take some vitamins. Today's another day, though! I'm gonna be focusing on drinking more water, and remembering to take my vitamins.

Schmoodle
02-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Hi chicks back to the grind!
Here's today:
B - 2 fried eggs, 1 piece Ezekiel Bread toast, V8
S - cheese stick
L - Lentil and vegetable stew
S - latte, celery with LCLC
D - lean ground beef patty, veggies from the freezer
S - banana pudding

I've gotta get started on the day - I'll pop in later for personals.
Here's to an on-plan and busy week!

mj5
02-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Hi again!

Beverlyjoy--I am so glad you had a great time. A little extra choc ice cream isn't going to hurt.

Rhonda--A loss is a loss, right?! Sounds like you have a good plan!

wandering--Welcome!

star--I'll have to check out the recipes!

Schmoodle--Good luck getting back into the groove being at home!

I am just about to have lunch, but wanted to pop in quick. After lunch I am going to be really busy again--I have a list of things I MUST get done and a list of things I would like to get done....then it's off to the gym! Dh is taking the dog to the vet to get her stitches out...I am so glad, I am tired of yelling at her to stop licking / biting at them!

NESunshine
02-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Hey Folks,
I think I'm ready to chime back in on this thread again. It's been quite a long time!
The weekend was a bit off plan for me...not terrible but not perfect. The man and I didn't eat out at all though which was a big help. I'm right back on today with calories and will be hitting the gym tonight.
I'm aiming for between 1600 & 1700 calories today.

bigtxmomma
02-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Morning, ladies!

Today I am fighting to get back on track. Yesterday was .... decent. I went to Macy's to start looking at dresses for my brother's wedding, and I fit comfortably into most of the 24s I tried on, which made me happy.

I bought some new coffee beans. I think coffee is my new indulgence. At the swanky supermarket across the street, they carry about a gazillion bulk beans from local roasters so I always pick a new one. Yesterday I got a pecan roast ... it's soooooo yummy. =D

So I'm going to try harder to eat smaller portions today, and NO MORE NIBBLING!!!!!!!!! Nibbling always takes me off track.

Food:
2 eggs, 3 small Gimme Lean pieces
Ratatouille for lunch
Lentils & kale for dinner
Snacks: turkey breast, cheese, smoothie for after working out

Exercise:
WATP, brisk, once my breakfast settles
Biggest Loser strength in the afternoon
and more strength while watching the L Word

Yay Schmoodle! Ezekiel toast. I had to google it. Looks yummy! I started buying sprouted bread, and my DD loves it.

Rhonda, good for getting back on track! I like your idea of sweat equity. =D

mj, good job resisting the fast food!! I don't know how you did it! I prolly would have freaked. =D That's really wonderful that making soups reminds you of your dad. The ratatouille was soooo easy! I just did a basic recipe with the vegetables I had on hand.

I cubed an eggplant and sauteed with a chopped onion in a little olive oil and then I added vegetable broth while it cooked. I spiced it with basil and oregano and like four cloves of garlic. Then I spread that mixture on the bottom of a baking dish. I then sliced up zucchini, green peppers, tomatoes, and I took a couple teaspoons of olive oil and mixed more spices and garlic. Then I tossed those veggies in the oil (I could have used broth or something to disperse the spices better), and then layered them in the dish over the eggplant. I should have used another color vegetable, because it was a bit too green.

I cooked it for about 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven. They roasted sooooooo well. Ugh it was sooooo good. I made like a curry-tomato sauce on the side (to spread around like in the movie). It was really good. It was reallyyyy good. Sigh. I ate too much.

Beverly, =D it's awesome you stayed on track mostly. Being a grandma is wonderful, isn't it?

Wanderingfatgirl, I love your name.

Hope everyone has a great day!

bigtxmomma
02-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Ugh I guess it's not morning.

Sorry, I started writing the post three hours ago. =/ Having a three year old does that, I guess. We did WATP, 1.5 miles brisk. I totally kicked butt. Gonna do strength after lunch.

xtrisaratops
02-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Just thought I'd drop in and let you guys know that I'm still alive, and I'm still here.

I actually spent a few days in the hospital, but I'm alright now. Last Thursday night, I woke up around 3 AM with the most intense pain I've ever felt in my life. Literally, I felt like cold fire was shooting from every inch of my body. I managed to crawl upstairs to my mom's room, and she demanded that I get in the car. She drove me to the ER, and used her status as charge nurse to get me seen immediately.

Most of the pain was a result of the knee injury, but I also have a serious kidney infection, which caused a high fever. (Apparently a nerve is involved in whatever I screwed up in my knee. They tried to explain it to me, but I think my IV drip was up a little too high. I was loopy, to say the least.) They kept me for a few days on IV fluids and pain meds, and I had a consult with an ortho while I was there. I'm feeling better than I was, but the knee is still very painful, and I'm so drained.

So tired, mentally and physically. On the up side, my boyfriend is driving in from Alabama later today. I'll be glad to have him here, I just wish it was better circumstances.

I'll try to pop in later. I really need a nap and a shower...I hate hospital smell, and it's all over me.

bigtxmomma
02-25-2008, 03:16 PM
xtrisaratops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that's awful! You poor thing!! =( =( Take it easy on yourself. =( =( I'm glad your bf is coming up to visit. =( =(

rakel
02-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Sara -- sorry to hear about your knee injury and kidney infection!! I hope you can get a lot of rest and have a speedy recovery, though I know you've been having trouble with your knee for awhile now.

My dad called this morning and told me that my grandfather died. A little less than a month ago, my grandfather's caretaker (very close friend of my family) died as well... He was going to stay living with the caretakers husband, but I guess now that's not even an issue anymore. I feel bummed because I wish I would have called both of them while I still had the chance if only just to say that I loved them and was thinking of them.

On a happier note, I got on the scale today and it said 272.5, so I guess my body was adjusting for the inches lost there ;). I'm feeling much more energized and encouraged on the weight lost front. I think the extra protein and eating smaller meals 5 times a day is really helping! I'm also trying to walk and do some free weights/stretches every day, though I have been taking it easy since I hurt my shoulder... but now that's healed so it's back to my regimen.

MJ: you asked about the wedding plans -- they are coming along! We were going to have a caterer but we decided to cancel with them because my Pastor said the church could take care of it (again, thank goodness for our church right now!!) -- the church can order a main dish like bbq chicken or something like that combined with a potluck for all of the side dishes. There are 2 bakers that go to my church, and one of them has offered to make a wedding cake for us, no cost. So I'm going to meet with him on Wednesday about what we'd like.

So amidst of loved ones passing on and car & financial troubles, we have relief... Thank God!

mj5
02-25-2008, 04:18 PM
Hi again! I am about to leave for the gym. I got to do the coolest thing today....I offered a young girl her first 'real' job out of college...she was SO happy....she was crying and laughing and apologizing...it was SO cute! I told her not to worry about it, it wasn't all that long ago (ok it was a long time ago, but I still remember that feeling) that I was that excited about my first real job! I can't wait for her to start! It's refreshing to see someone that excited about working!!!

Have a great night!

mj5
02-25-2008, 04:19 PM
oops....here's the rest of my post....

Sunshine--Welcome back!

bigtxmomma--You CAN do it, I know you can! That is so funny, I am starting to dress shop too...well at least starting to look at what is out there...dh is in a wedding, one of dh's neice's is getting married, and we both have class reunions this year--I am planning on one nice dress for all four--can't see spending a lot on lots of different outfits when I don't dress up a lot and I don't plan on being this size next summer! I don't want to buy anything, yet, because I hope to go down a size (or maybe two) by July. Ooh that sounds SO good! I will be making that!

Sara--Oh no!!! You poor girl!!! That's one way to get the bf to come visit!!!! Hope you feel better soon!!!

Purplefirefly
02-25-2008, 04:42 PM
:hug: Sara! :hug: That sounds really scary, I am so glad you have your mom there and she is in position to demand immediate care for you. Take it easy...and make the bf get you some good, healthy food! Anyone can make a big salad, right? ;) So what did they say as far as when the knee should be feeling better or what you do next?

rakel-- I am glad you have your church there, sounds like a very compassionate group there! You need a big ol' :hug: too!

Kick butt at the gym mj :strong:

Let us know how you did today NEsunshine :)

I am right on plan today, though the true test for me is evening...which is now until the kids are done eating supper, then again after they are tucked in bed. I can get through the late evening when they are asleep, I exercise through that...but I'm feeling I might overindulge if I eat lasagne with the kids tonight so I might make a big salad with lots of chicken and have that instead. It's this horrible dilemma--I eat with them and somehow make myself stick to a portion within my calorie limits OR make something else and have to force myself not to pig out on the leftovers as I put them away :( I don't make lasagne that often for this exact reason, it's so hard for me to stop when I should...but my son has been begging for it and he's sick and hasn't eaten much in the past couple days so I was so excited he wanted to eat I made him whatever he asked for :lol:

I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do...but I know I'll feel better if I go with the salad.

mj5
02-25-2008, 05:57 PM
I didn't make it to the gym, but I did do a 2 mile watp dvd this am, so I did get a workout in. I WILL get to the gym on Tuesday.

rakel
02-25-2008, 07:45 PM
purple -- I know, I don't know where I'd be without them. They are awesome and definitely very loving! I couldn't be happier :) The pastor took up an offering for us last Sunday on a whim, I had no idea he would do that and I didn't even expect it. But he knows that we've been really struggling lately, so it's nice to get a break somewhere!

OK, I'm done with work (about 2 hrs ago now). John and I walked over to Publix to get some groceries and food to eat, and then we walked back. I count it as part of a workout because it is not easy carrying groceries back home. We don't live that far away, granted only 10minutes by foot, but things tend to get heavier the longer you carry them :P. I'll count the walk in my exercise, but I need to do some stretches and weights now!

xtrisaratops
02-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Right now, they aren't giving me much of a time-frame on the knee. I've already had 2 surgeries on it, as well as steroid injections in the joint, and numerous other procedures. The biggest problems are that honestly, I am missing about half of my knee joint, and I've done so much damage to ligaments in the past. Literally, you can press your fingers where the bottom of my knee is supposed to be, and all you feel is a dent and open space.

My ortho is telling me that the best thing I can do right now is stay completely off of it for as long as possible and let things settle down and start to heal, and then as the healing process continues, we'll just have to watch and see how it goes. He thinks that I can avoid another surgery if I am extra careful and extra diligent in staying off of the knee for as long as possible.

Boyfriend got here a little bit ago, and I already got him to throw me a huge salad together. He's a sweetie, for sure. Bless his heart, he carried me downstairs so I can actually lay in my own bed instead of that icky couch upstairs, and he's been running around getting me things and making me comfortable. Right now, I could definitely go for a nice, long snuggle.

I think I'll see if I can get that now.

I'll try to check in again later for personals. Have a great night everyone!

Darkblue
02-25-2008, 11:30 PM
xtrisaratops, I hope you're feeling better! How did you damage your knee in the first place? That just sounds horribly painful.

I took myself to the grocery store tonight and did some healthy shopping--and not a single bit of junk fell into my cart, except for the cola my son asked for. I have some good stuff for lunch now...I just hope I can stay away from the chocolate at work. Stress eat? Me? Never...:rolleyes:

Beverlyjoy
02-26-2008, 05:48 AM
Hi Chickies! :)

Welcome to all the new accountilbity folks!!!

I had a great food day yesterday...I am so happy and grateful. :) I decided to get on the scale this morning (it's been a couple of weeks). I am happy to say I've lost one more pound. YAY! :D It's slow going for me now because I can't get much exercise at the moment. But, when I look back - it's seven pounds since January first...I am very happy with it. :)

My plans...

meditation - a GREAT way to get seratonin in your life!
more stretches
water, water, water
journal food
PMA

Storytelling this am - then taking mom to the doctor

breakfast - "fried rice" with egg white, 1/2 banana, pnb spoon
lunch - open face turkey and cheese sandwich on ww bread, carrots
snack - yogurt, flax, crackers
dinner - morning star veggie burger with lite cheese on lite bun, spagetti squash with parm
snack- cereal, milk

Rhonda - AWESOME on the weight loss! :carrot::carrot: That's great.

Star - WELCOME :D - so glad you joined the accountability thread. As you change your routine to healthier things - they'll become more automatic and you won't forget.

Wondering - good job on the exercise! :) Staying the same weight can be OK too, sometimes.

Mj5 - so glad to hear that the dog is getting the stitches out...you'll ALL be happier! :) Take care of that knee :hug: - So sorry, it's always an issue. I truly understand!

Schmoodle - Good plan...the lentel and veggie stew sounds yummy. :D

NE sunshine - glad to see you...good plan! :)

Txmamma - did you buy a dress? I agree...good coffee is a treat. Your recipe sounds good...thanks. How many grandchildren do you have?

Sara - oh my goodness...so sorry to about your hospital stay and your knee! I am so glad your mom took you right to the ER. :hug: Take care of yourself and heal well. Your BF sounds like a sweetheart!

Purple - so glad you had a good day. I go thru the same thing with dinners sometimes...often it's hard to know whether to eat a portion of what the others are eating (and not feel deprived) or make something different. With me...sometimes, I still feel "deprived". - I struggle with that too.:dizzy:

Darkblue - great job at the grocery store. :) It helps to have the healthy food right there at home!

If I missed anyone....have a GREAT day.

Have a good day, friends. Remember to treat yourself as good as you would treat a good friend. self---> :hug: <-----self hugging self

mj5
02-26-2008, 06:14 AM
Good Morning! I was up a little early this am so I had time to do a 3 mile watp dvd...I may have pushed my knee a little too much, but I have already taken ibuprofen, have my 'good shoes' packed for work, and have an ice pack in the freezer at work in case I need it! I am planning on going to the gym tonight, but if I need to switch to upper body weights I will.

That is, unless the storm we are supposed to get really is as bad as it sounds....I hope not though! I didn't listen to the weather report yesterday (for today) or else I would have made more of an effort to get to the gym yesterday...it was just one of those out of work really late, had errands to run, kind of excuse days. Gotta stop those!!!

Rakel--That's awesome about people from your chuch helping w/ the wedding! I know w/ our wedding, a friend's mom offered to make our wedding cake as our wedding present...it was a HUGE savings and the cake was even more special b/c it was made by her!

Sara--I feel for you!!!! Stay off your knee and let your sweetie take care of you! He sounds like a great guy!!!

Darkblue--Great job grocery shopping!!! Good luck staying away from the chocolate! That is something I cannot do, so I work in small amounts as a treat.

Beverlyjoy--That is fantastic!

Have a great day everyone!

Almost forgot...I am 6/6 on stickers! (The only thing that saved me yesterday was working out in the am! Of course, if I hadn't, I probably would have made more of an effort to get to the gym!)

GirlyGirlSebas
02-26-2008, 07:45 AM

This morning, I was greeted by nature's alarm clock... a big crash of thunder and lightning that felt like it was right there in my bedroom! I just heard on the news that 54,000 homes in the Atlanta area are now without electricity. Fortunately, our home is not one of them. I have too much work to be without power today. That project that has been driving me absolutely nuts is due this Friday and I'm stressing. I can't wait to complete it and get it off my desk!

Beverly - Congratulations on your pound loss!:carrot:
MJ - Congratulations on getting 6 stickers!:broc:
Darkblue – Congratulations on a junk free grocery shopping experience!:cb:
Sara – So glad you get to see your BF, but wish it wasn’t under these circumstances. Hope the knee starts feeling better soon.
Rakel – So glad your church is helping you and John get over this rough patch. I’ll be praying that a job comes through for John.
Purple - Lasagna is a tough temptation! How is your son feeling today?
Momma- I love my “special” coffees, too. A few weeks ago, I decided to pamper myself by drinking freshly ground coffee each morning. This week, I’m drinking Foglifter. It’s pretty good.
Sunshine – Welcome back! You’ve been missed.
Star – Did you remember your vitamins and water?
Wandering – Congratulations on winning the daily battle with the big hill!

Yesterday was a 100% on-plan day with food, but no exercise again. I decided to put in extra time on my project as I'm running behind. This morning, I have a mammogram appointment, so I may end up working over again today to catch up.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day. I'll be back later to check in.

mj5
02-26-2008, 09:37 AM
Rhonda--Good luck w/ your project! I know you will get it done!

So I couldn't resist getting on the scale even though TOM is here and I know I am bloated. I am only up 1 lb, which is surprising since 'normal' TOM gain is in the 3-5 lb range. So, once TOM leaves we'll see.....

sunflower48
02-26-2008, 11:01 AM
I hope it's okay to join in here. :^: I have been lurking and reading tons and trying to process all the wonderful information. I did lose 5 lbs from my start date which was Jan 20th. but then nothing. I did some more lurking and found out that menu planning is key. That sounds so easy. NOT! :o I have never menu planned and I also have a hard time with portion control. So how detailed do you guys get on your menu planning? I quit smoking 9 months ago and I have noticed that I am not really hungry when I grab a bit of food but I like something in my mouth. I have been having sugar free pudding, popcorn (a whole bag!), and such. I have made changes I no longer eat chocolate or chips or fried chicken. You know, the food that got me here in the first place. but but it seems like I have to have someting in my mouth at all times. Sorry for the whine but I know that without becoming active here it would be a longer harder struggle.
So far today I have had coffee (instant) with fat free french vanilla creamer and not just the serving size of 1 tablesoon. more like 3!

starofsorrow
02-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Another morning, another day!

Here's what I have going on today, as far as food.

Breakfast: (I overslept, so I only grabbed a banana and water, and packed my lunch very fast) Banana, water, LA Lite.

Midmorning snack: I might just skip the snack and have lunch earlier....since I only ate a little over an hour ago.

Lunch: Bruschetta chicken leftovers (yes, LOTS of leftovers, goodness!), some yogurt, Wheat Thins (100 calorie pack), and diet pepsi (can).

Snack: LA Lite bar, and most likely more fruit, perhaps a salad when I get home.

Dinner: THis is still up in the air! I really need to get more protein and veggies in today, so I'm thinking I'll probably use frozen dinner again, since I need to print pictures in lab today and will be too tired to cook!

-------------------------------

Sara - Ouch! I'm sorry about your knee!!!! Hope you'll have a speedy recovery this time around!

Beverly - Thank you for the welcome! =) I'm enjoying it so far!

mj5 - Did you check out the chicken recipe? =)

Girly - Yes, amazingly enough! I even drank more than 8 ozs of water 8 times a day!!!

mj5
02-26-2008, 12:50 PM
star--no I haven't had a chance to check out the recipe yet, but I will.

sunflower--Welcome!!!!

I have accomplished a lot today, unfortunately....still lots to do! I am going to spend some time re-re-organizing--I need to adjust some priorities....w/ vacation coming up soon there are some things that MUST get done, others can wait.

I'll check back later if I can.

Purplefirefly
02-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Sunflower--how detailed you get is up to your personaity, life, etc. whatever works for YOU. Everyone is different. You can plan each meal for a week or month, or just take it day by day. I don't plan what I am going to eat at all. I count calories and stick to my calorie limit for the day and now am watching fat grams as well. I do try to eat every 3-4 hours, which gives me consitent energy all day and I eat smaller portions to stretch out the calories. I try to leave more calories for the evening when I tend to want to eat more. Others have totally different plans, so you have to kind of experiment to find what will work best for you. Welcome to the group, you have come to the right place :)

I am calling this a rough day and just focusing on my very basic plan. I feel like it's that week before TOM though it's too early :?: Scale is up like 4 lb. though I have done NOTHING to make that happen and my body doesn't feel at all like I have gained...and I'm tired, grumpy, don't wanna do anything, in that kinda PMSing mood. SO, I took a nap this morning instead of my usual cleaning routine and it didn't help at all. i actually feel a bit worse now.

Maybe because it's been storming all day? :^: This is not a good week for this to happen! I'm not worrying about the scale being up though, I know it can't be fat gain. I ate a huge salad with a bunch of spinach and raw broccoli, so maybe that will help if I'm holding stuff in.

Schmoodle
02-26-2008, 01:13 PM
This has been a crazy day and I'm only just now getting a chance to take a lunch break and pop in here!
Here's my plan for the day:
B: omelet with broccoli and cheese, coffee with milk
L: Lentil veggie stew, V8
S: Latte, LCLC on triscuits
D: Italian Chicken Breasts, veggies
S: Banana Pudding

Poor Sara, I'm sorry about the knee, but glad you're sweetie is there to take such good care of you.
Beverly, 7 lbs is wonderful! You are doing great. the lentil stew was a new recipe and it was quick, easy, and very yummy. I'm excited I get to have it again today! I'll post it if anyone is interested.
rakel, I'm sure your wedding will be extra special because of the participation of all your friends and family.
mj, sounds like you are gearing up for a great weigh in! I plan to weigh on Saturday and have high hopes of finally getting to move that ticker!
Rhonda, hope you get that project off your desk and have a great weekend as a reward!
bigtxmomma, I am a coffee hound too. Lately I've been experimenting with and really enjoying cold brew from my toddy. Great with a shot of sf flavored syrup for a latte!
Hi sunflower, what plan are you following? Are you doing calorie counting or a specific food plan? Yes, planning is what saves me, and plenty of veggies and lean protein. I plan dinners a week at a time, and each morning I take a few minutes to plan the rest of the day.
Nice to "meet" you starofsorrow!

bigtxmomma
02-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi guys!

I'm off to a bad day. DD woke up in the middle of the night because I dressed her too warmly for bed, so she got hot because the a/c kinda kicked off in the middle of the night. Plus she slathers herself in blankets. So she woke up, I went in with her, opened the windows because it was in the 50s. Then I changed her diaper, and she was hungry, so I made her peanut butter toast, and then she was wide awake. =/ So we were up from like 3 am to 7 am. =/ Then we went back to sleep and woke up around 11. I'm all discombobulated.

I'll come back for personals.

My plan for today:

Midnight snack: 2 pieces of turkey deli meat, a tomato sliced up & layered with one thing of LFLC (oh my gosh, i love LFLC! Thank you guys for turning me onto it! Wow, so yummy!!!)
Breakfalunch: currrywurst (2 FF Hebrew Nationals, curry ketchup), tomato sliced up w/ one thing of LFLC
Snack: more tomato with LFLC!!!!!! I'm addicted now. Nuts.
Dinner: Crusted beans & kale

Exercise:
WATP
Biggest Loser
Maybe go for a walk, but I feel so sulky today. =/

mj5
02-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Hi again! Well, no gym today...we are getting the blizzard they 'promised' Yippee....At least the dogs and I had fun playing in the snow when I got home! Tomorrow I will work out in the am at home, but the gym is up in the air because of the weather.

Still eating veg beef soup here...good night for it! Hope everyone stays warm (or cool....depending on where you are!)

Darkblue
02-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Bigtxmomma, hope you get some sleep tonight!

Mj5, be careful--your weather doesn't look like fun.

My diet today:
Breakfast--1/2 banana, two whole wheat waffles, dab of butter, 1/8C syrup, two cups hot tea, 1C skim milk
Lunch--lentil soup, cheese stick, two clementines, 4 crackers, 1C lo-fat milk
Snack--tub of yogurt
Dinner--iced tea, two slices of pizza with spinach, chicken, mushrooms, fresh tomatoes

Calories --under 1600 Fat--35g Fiber--31g

And no, repeat no, candy/chocolate. Whoot! :carrot:

Schmoodle
02-27-2008, 06:46 AM
Here's today:
B: open faced turkey sandwich with spinach, coffee with milk
S: string cheese
L: Tuna salad
S: Latte, LCLC on celery
D: Italian Chicken Breasts, veggies
S: NSA hot chocolate

Looks a lot like yesterday, because I never got around to cooking dinner last night!
mmmm, mj, beef vegetable, I haven't made a pot of that in a while, sounds yummy.

Beverlyjoy
02-27-2008, 06:55 AM
Hi friends....I had a good healthy food day yesterday. I am grateful.

Plans for today:

journal food
water, water, water,
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude
meditation
stretches and movement

breakfast - grits, lite cheese, strawberries
lunch - open face turkey and lite cheese, spaghetti squash and parm. cheese
snack - yogurt with fiber one
dinner - turkey polish sausage, brown rice, mashed carrots
snack - cereal,fruit, skim milk

rhonda - hope you can get the project finished soon and be done with it...good luck. Your food on plan is great!

sunflower - Congrats on your weight loss. The weight always comes off in it's own time..not ours, darn it. I like to plan every day...that's me. It helps me from thinking about food all day or not thinking about good choices & eating mindlessly. Of course, sometimes it changes, but, for me it's a good starting point.

mj5 -ah yes, reorganizing....I need to do this too. Stay warm and be careful with your blizzard!

Purple - so sorry about the gain. It's most likely water - and will come off quickly. I know - it's hard to see it go up when you don't deserve it. Hang in there!!!

Schmoodle..good plan! Yes, I'd love your Lentil Veggie Stew recipe, when you get a chance. Always looking for new ways to eat legumes (don't ya just love that word....legumes!) Good plan!

Have a great day, friends. Always treat yourself as well as you'd treat your best friend!!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-27-2008, 07:41 AM

Went for my six month follow-up mammogram yesterday and everything checked out fine. The spot they were monitoring did not grow or change at all. :carrot: What a relief!

Sunflower - :welcome2: Congratulations on quitting smoking! I’ve been smoke-free since October 05, so I understand. Have you tried sugar-free gum? Not to sound like a bad Biggest Loser ad :D but it really does work well.
Purple – I’m sorry that the scales aren’t cooperating. I don’t have the PMS issue anymore, but I used to have horrible PMS. Have you tried taking calcium supplements? This does help.
Momma – Did you get caught up on your rest?
MJ – Hope you’re keeping warm today. Did you get tons of snow?
Darkblue – Did you win the battle with the chocolate and candy yesterday?

Hi Star, Schmoodle and Beverly!

I worked late into the evening yesterday to make up for my time away due to the appointment and haircut. So, again no exercise. And, my scales aren’t moving at all. All though I put a serious dent in my project, I still have tons more to accomplish plus three different conference calls today. Looks like another late night. *sigh* But, I can and will stay on-plan with my food today.

mj5
02-27-2008, 09:13 AM
Good Morning! I did a one mile watp dvd this am. The gym is up in the air...depends on the weather when I get out of work--I am planning on it--I have gym clothes in the car, but we'll see!

Darkblue--Great job w/ no candy/chocolate!!!!

Schmoodle--w/ the weather we are having...make some soup! Plus, I haven't had to make dinner is a few nights!!

Beverlyjoy--Yea, sometimes my desk gets so cluttered I can't focus, so I have to to re-organize--planner included, then I feel like I can focus and actually get things done!

Rhonda--Great news from the dr! We didn't get tons of snow--about 6 or 7'', but it's the really heavy stuff--good snowball snow! We are supposed to get a little more today, but not a lot. Unfortunately it is supposed to get really cold--like windchill in the negatives for tomorrow! You can do this!!!!

I am so tired of being cold! I know it is only a matter of time before I will be complaining that I am too hot (never happy, I know!), but I am sick of winter coat, boots, etc!!! Oh well, I really shouldn't complain, I saw on the news this am some areas were really hit hard w/ wind and ice....we didn't get that and I am very grateful.

I am 1/2 way to my reward!!! I think it helps to have those darn earrings 'looking' at me!!!! I want to wear them!!!!!

Have a great on plan day!

bigtxmomma
02-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Good morning! Finally got some good sleep, but I had a hard time waking up this morning. Sigh.

Food:
Eggs, turkey slices, coffee w/ almond milk
Crusted beans & kale
Unsure about dinner atm
Snack -- tomato, LFLC, turkey slices

mj, I'm glad you guys didn't get hit too hard by the storm. Good job on your stickers! You've been exercising a lot. =D Yea, I'm so not buying a dress yet, even though the wedding is at the end of April! I hope I can lose another few pounds by then, too. That's so cool, offering someone their first job out of school!! =D

Beverly, grats on your loss!! I'm not a grandma! I just have a three year old. My mom goes on and on about how wonderful it is, how you get to relive the joys of parenting without the stress of disciplining or being kept up all night. And plus there is such a bond. My daughter adores my mom and dad, and she talks about them constantly even though we live across the country. She steals my cell phone to try to call them. =D

Purple, you went with the salad, I'm guessing? I would have a hard time not snacking on the lasagna, too, even if I didn't eat it. That was a good idea to have the salad to fill you up. I have to make my husband put everything away and clean up the kitchen or else I'll end up eating another meal standing there. =/

Rhonda, I'm glad you didn't get your power out! And that's great about your dr's appointment. I admire you for staying on plan despite having to pull many late hours and being stressed out with work!

Welcome, sunflower!

starofsorrow, good menu!

Darkblue, no candy! No candy! No candy!

Hi Schmoodle! Yum, lentil stew! Yea, my menus are always repeats, too. lol =D

Has anyone heard from mathpuppy?

math puppy
02-27-2008, 11:14 AM
hey guys! sorry i have been MIA, but i have a house guest who sleeps in the office/spare bedroom. and they get up way early so they sleep way early, and my honey works from home= not much of a window to get computer time.
but i have been thinking of you all, and have been reading most of the posts! wishing you all well today!

-math puppy :)

math puppy
02-27-2008, 11:22 AM
i got to change my ticker this morning! :D

starofsorrow
02-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Overslept again! Gah, such is the college life, hmm?

Today's gonna be a tad bit different. =)

Breakfast - banana, blueberry yogurt, and a 100 calorie bag of Wheat Thins.

Morning Snack: L.A. Lite bar, and an apple.

Lunch: I'm gonna go out to eat lunch. I'm thinking I'll go to that local diner and have a breakfast there, with some modifications. Eggs and bacon will be mostly what I'll have....if they have a tomato soup, I might eat that (tomato basil are so yummy!). Not 100% sure yet.

PM Snack: LA Lite bar for sure!

Dinner: I'm not sure yet.....I might finish off that bruschetta chicken that I made a few days ago (Sunday!) and throw in a salad and a buncha veggies with it.

Personals later! =) I'm just trying to catch up on the forums. =)

Purplefirefly
02-27-2008, 04:58 PM
:woohoo: YOU MADE IT MATHPUPPY!!!!! :woohoo:

EDIT: Ohhhhh I looked at the top ticker and thought you had met your long term goal :lol: I'll leave the enthusiasm up though, 10 lb is still an awesome job.

mj5
02-27-2008, 06:38 PM
Hi! Phew, made it through another busy day! My supervisor is off the next two days, so I am hoping to get lots done!!!

bigtxmomma--I don't blame you for not getting a dress yet, there's still time to lose some lbs! Thanks, I need to get going on getting to the gym too though--I need the strength training as well.

mathpuppy--Thanks for checking in! Have fun w/ your guest! Yea for changing your ticker!!!

star--ahhh, college life--I remember way back then....hope you had a great day!

So, no gym again tonight...weather related again. I may have to add something about the gym specifically to my next mini goal for myself...but at least I am getting exercise every day. Tomorrow I will go for some extra cardio--won't have time for weights. It is supposed to be clear, but cold so no 'weather' excuse tomorrow!

Have a great night!

Darkblue
02-27-2008, 11:07 PM
mathpuppy, congrats on the ten pound weight-loss goal!

Breakfast--oatmeal with raisins, 1C fat-free milk, one slice bacon (but only 20 calories!!!), hot tea, pomegranate juice
Lunch--salmon cup, 9 tiny whole wheat All-Bran crackers, a dab of lite mayo, two clementines, one graham cracker, lots of water
Snack--yogurt, black grapes
Dinner (and I was doing so well up to now! :( )--DH insisted on going to Olive Garden. I had one breadstick, lots of salad with olives and tomatoes, iced tea, and the apricot chicken with asparagus and broccoli. Ate all the veggies, ate one small chicken breast, gave the other away. Maybe it wasn't too bad in terms of calories.

Calories--~1800 :( Fat--31g Fiber--24g Then again, maybe it *was* bad in terms of calories.

bigtxmomma
02-28-2008, 12:42 AM
Thar's Math Puppy!

I had a good day today. It was one of those blissfully easy days. I did 1.5 mile brisk WATP, then DD & I went to a park, met up with DH after work, and they played while I walked 1.5 miles around the park. Then we went to dinner, and I ate half an avocado pecan blue cheese grilled chicken salad and didn't mind watching DD & DH eating their hamburgers & ice cream. Some days it's really hard to watch. Other days I imagine all the hamburgers and ice cream I've eaten in my lifetime and how slowly they're being subtracted from my body. lol

Oh well. Cheers to everyone.

math puppy
02-28-2008, 01:35 AM
lol thanx purplefirefly! 10 lbs yay!
i forget whos sig said, " i can't lose 100 lbs but i can lose 10lbs 10 times!"
but it really got me going :)
my wieght yo-yoed between 270-260 all 2007 so im ready to break it down!
(slaps hands together and rubs them)
250's here i come!

sorry no time for personals but im reading your posts and cheering you on from seattle!

Beverlyjoy
02-28-2008, 04:35 AM
Hi Chickies...I am happy to say that I had a really good healthful food day yesterday - feels good to string many in a row. :):) When I wanted to do some mindless eating....I tried to remember about taking deep breathes or think of why I was starting to reach for the food. Today:

lunch with a friend today
publicity for storytelling guild

meditation
stretches
ice and heat
journal food and feelings
water, water, water
PMA - Positive mental attitude

breakfast - ff cottage cheese, 1/2 banana, npnb on ww toast
snack - spaghetti squash with ICBINB
lunch - (out to First Watch), egg beaters, turkey sauasge, toast, fruit cup
snack - apple, crackers
dinner - "grilled" lite cheese, tomato soup, green beans
snack - cold cereal, flax, milk

I hope you all have a good healthy day.

Rhonda - so glad your mamogram was fine...that's a relief! :D I hope you can get your big project finished up soon - so you can get back into the routine you like.

Mj5 - My desk is always cluttered (drive DH nuts) - every now and then...a clean attack! Hey...way to go on being halfway to your earrings! :carrot:

txmomma - good plan for yesterday. Glad you got a good nights sleep. Good job on your visualizatons....they can help get you thru a tough time. Good job on the walk! :):)

mathpuppy - Congrats on your tickers change!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: Good job. You are on your way to the 250's!

star - I remember college life - the good ole days. Have a great day!:)

dark blue- good plan - ya know a few extra hundred calories every now and then is not the end of the world or your efforts. Carry on today with a healthy day! :)

If I missed anyone...oops...you all have a wonderful healthy day.

mj5
02-28-2008, 06:07 AM
Good Morning! It's cold this am...4 degrees right now, but the snow has stopped YEA! To get the blood pumping I did a 2 mile watp dvd! Later I will go to the gym for more cardio--I don't have time for weights--have to get groceries tonight, but I really want to at least get back into my routine of getting to the gym!

bigtxmomma--Great job yesterday! If every day could only be that easy!!!

math puppy--Yea!!! Good for you for breaking it down! Whatever it takes!!!!

Beverlyjoy--Wow, you are up early! Awesome job yesterday! I am kind of doing the same thing...when I want to eat (or not exercise...) I think about NOT getting my sticker for the day and if it's really worth it. So far it hasn't been! Have fun at lunch today!

Rhonda--How is that project coming?

Purple--How are you doing?

Have a great day!

Schmoodle
02-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Morning chicks, here's today:

B: open faced turkey sandwich with spinach, coffee with milk
S: string cheese, V8
L: Refried Bean Soup
S: Latte, LCLC on celery
D: leftover Italian Chicken Breasts, veggies
S: NSA hot chocolate, dried apricots

In the interest of accountability, the peanut M&Ms got me again yesterday afternoon. Today I am getting rid of any remaining sweets the kids have hanging around from Valentines.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-28-2008, 09:16 AM
Good morning, Accountability Friends.

Woke up with a sinus headache today. Took something and went back to bed for a while. Now, I'm working madly to get my project finished by tomorrow. Feeling just a bit stressed.

Haven't been diligently tracking calories and no exercise, so the scales aren't moving down at all this week. Today, I'll track every single calorie that goes in my mouth and hopefully I can pull out another loss for Monday's weigh-in.

I have to get going on my project. I'll touch base later today if I get an opportunity. Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

Purplefirefly
02-28-2008, 09:58 AM
Those extra 5 lb. of who knows what are GONE today...in time for WI tomorrow, yay! Besides that, I have had a really rough morning. Cooked the kids breakfast and it took my son 45 minutes to eat :eek: At 7:35, when we should be walking out the door he was just getting up from the table, food all over his face in his underwear, not at all ready to go. We had to leave or my daughter would be tardy, so I threw a coat and shoes on him and planned to just come back home and get him ready for preschool after I dropped her. Open the front door and he starts screaming because DD gets out the screen door first. I tell him it doesn't matter who gets out first, just get in the van. That is when I realize the entire van is frozen, I had not even thought to warm it up early as I usually do.

Just as I was telling the kids to get back in the house while I dealt with the van, my daughter opens the sliding door and my son, in attempt to get in the van before she does, falls flat on his face in our gravel driveway. His head just barely missed the edge of the van by a fraction of an inch, he was half under the van screaming. I pick him up and rush him into the house, and now my daughter is crying as well. He was fine, just in a complete crying fit at this point.

I get him to calm down and tell my daughter it wasn't her fault, and she stops crying. I run out with two big cups of hot water and dump it over the windshield, get the kids in the car and we are leaving the driveway just as the tardy bell rings at the school. I felt like such a horrible, horrible mother dropping her off with no one else outside, after having such a horrible morning.

I manage to get my son to preschool before they leave the outside doors, but his teacher reminds me today was PJ day and all the other kids had worn theirs. So I run home and get his PJs, realizing i could have just left him in his and not been in such a rush this AM! Get to the preschool with PJs and he refuses to put them on!!!!! Everyone else is in them, even the teacher, but he refuses and I did it all for nothing. The teacher said he had already been crying two times in the 10 minutes since I'd dropped him off.

He was sick over the weekend and has just been rotten grumpy ever since. This concludes my morning to this point, but the rest of the day has to get better. Both kids have reward ceremonies to get trophies...both at 6PM tonight, so MIL is coming after work to take one of them which means I won't get pictures of them both. MIL will take pics but she never gives them to me...she shows me and keeps them, for some reason. Anyway, things have to looke up today or I will be bald by bedtime!

starofsorrow
02-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Eeeps, purple, it sure sounds like your morning was hetic!!!

As for everyone, happy day, happy day! =) I weighed in at the center yesterday, lost 3.2 lbs since Monday!!!! I'm defnitely super-happy but I'm also worried that it might be too rapid, so we'll see how that pans out, I guess? =) I plan on exercising more (as much as I can with the crazy schedules!), and so far, so good. =)

Menu planning for today is nothing too fany....at least I GET some time to relax tonight!

B-fast - 1 whole wheat bagel with 1 tbs fat free cream cheese and an apple

AM Snack: LA Lite Bar, maybe some popcorn

Lunch: Bruschetta chicken (AGAIN), with a banana.

PM Snack: LA Lite Bar, with popcorn

Dinner: I'm playing around with the idea of simply cooking a veggie soup taht I have in my cupboard...trying to save money!!! Not too sure what else, might cook more veggies to boost my veggie intake, but other han that, I'm at a loss.

bigtxmomma
02-28-2008, 11:33 AM
I woke up feeling dehydrated. It felt like a hangover and I have the smallest little headache. I'm drinking a big ole thing of ice water atm, did my neti pot to clean my sinuses, so hopefully it'll go away after breakfast. We have to replant some tomatoes, which DD is excited about. Probably will be a lazy day. I'm going to focus on strength exercises.

Food:
Eggs & Gimme Lean
Going to make patties from the leftover ginormous lima beans
Red lentil & veggie soup for dinner, I think
Smoothie after workout
Tomato/LFLC for snack

Beverly, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of meditation do you do? Hope you have another great day today!

mj, wow that's cold!!!! Yay for the gym!

Rhonda, hope your headache clears up. Sinus headaches are the worst.

Yay Purple! Grats that the 5 lbs disappeared. Wow, you had the worst morning on the planet. =( =( =( I hope things look up for the rest of the day. And get those photos from your MIL!

Grats on your loss, Starofsorrow!!! That's great news.

Schmoodle, foiled by M&Ms! =D

EVERYONE, HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

skinnyminnynow
02-28-2008, 01:19 PM
Purplefirefly - You can't think you're a horrible mother while I'm sitting here (and I'm sure others are too) thinking you're a MIRACLE WORKER to get those kids out the door at all this morning with everything that happened!!!! Wow! Makes me think I don't have the stamina to have kids ;)

bigtxmomma
02-28-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm having an okay day, but having trouble with the mindless eating. =/ I really need to work on not picking up random things to eat just because I see them. I did about 20 mins of Biggest Loser strength and sculpt. =/ I want to figure in some other kind of exercise. I'm feeling terribly unmotivated. =/

mj5
02-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Hi everyone! I am about to leave for the gym. Yes, you read that right...I am actually going to the gym!!! The sun is shining, but I know it is still really cold out there....it's ok, though maybe the cold air will help clear my head. I am SO happy, I got TONS of work done today. Tomorrow I can work on a project that I have been putting off b/c of no time...
Schmoodle--Those darn m&m's! good for you for getting rid of everything else!

Rhonda--Must be in the air...I have been fighting a sinus headache all day today too.

Purple--YEA missing the 5lbs!!! Oh no, not a good way to start the day. I know it will get better! I barely got myself out the door on time this morning, so you deserve lots of credit!!!

star--awesome!

bigtxmomma--Hope you are feeling better. I can't wait for Sunday...that's going to be my lazy day! The guy on the radio said today is 'freeze your nose hairs' cold...he wasn't kidding!

After the gym it's off to the grocery store for lots of healthy food, then home to snuggle w/ dh and the dogs.

Have a great night!

Purplefirefly
02-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Purplefirefly - You can't think you're a horrible mother while I'm sitting here (and I'm sure others are too) thinking you're a MIRACLE WORKER to get those kids out the door at all this morning with everything that happened!!!! Wow! Makes me think I don't have the stamina to have kids ;)

Well, when things like this happen I always feel I should have been more prepared, gotten up early, etc. when I know there was no way for me to know that he would take that long to eat, throw so many fits, etc. I just feel it was a disaster, chaos, and my kids deserve better :cry: it has bothered me all day, even though I got some snuggle time with son and things have been better this afternoon.

Kids are a lot of stamina, but ya know before I had my daughter I thought could never do it, didn't want to have any and mess them up. But once they are there you love them so much and all this energy and determination just comes out of nowhere. My life changed overnight when I got pregnant, literally, and I cannot imagine where I would be today without them. It is scary and a huge task, but the feelings that go along with children are so out of this world you cannot describe or understand it untily you have them!

famograham
02-28-2008, 04:56 PM
Aww, Purple...sounds like a typical aggravating kid morning!!! Thanks god not every day is like that!

I'm having some issues with my son lately. He turned 10 in November, and it seems to me..that puberty has hit this kid with all it's might! :dunno:
He's got tiny pimples around his nose, he's getting a little bit of B.O. and he's an absolute emotional ROLLERCOASTER! He's been lashing out verbally, not swearing or anything, but definitely lashing out. So he'll spaz...take off to his room for a while and then we'll have a big talk about why this is happening and try to figure out ways to fix it...then he'll cry his little eyes out because he feels guilty! Poor baby...he's just such a little ball of hormones right now. And it is SO hard to know what to do!
He says he feels like there's a monster inside him...

HOW do you parent a "tween" correctly??? How do you deal with these outbursts...and all these feelings?
It's like it happened overnight!

On the weight front....I'm feeling a little whiny! I've been at 235 for days now, and I'm getting so sick of seeing that darn number! Especially on mornings like today, when I woke up "feeling" lighter....you know what I mean?

I KNOW it's preposterous to be feeling impatient after less than a week...I know I'm being a weenie...but I want my scale to move again! :tantrum::tantrum:

I think all this is getting to me because I'm really tired, and adjusting to a much busier work schedule...and really, to working at all!
On Monday, I scrubbed my very disgusting bathroom for hours until it gleamed...on Tuesday, I scrubbed a client's disgusting bathroom till it gleamed, on Wednesday I scrubbed another client's REALLY disgusting house while they hacked up flu germs into the air...(this freaked me right out...4 of them sick...I just felt like escaping that one) Todays client had a very clean house, but lots of stairs and LOTS of vacuuming which hurt my back :(

Plus...after cleaning all these client's places...when I come home, it makes me 10 times more pissed off that my own house is a disaster area...

BLAHHHH!

Guess I'm a smidge irritable today, huh? :lol:
I think I'll lay down for an hour before I have to get the kids. And remind myself that I am HAPPY! I love my kids, I love my new job, and I'm GOING to see my scale move very soon!

Thanks for letting me have a never ending rant! Sorry to subject you to it...:lol:

:hug:
Linda

math puppy
02-28-2008, 11:28 PM
I had a hectic day! My partner called me at work to say she was having chest pains and I left work to drive her to the ER. After an hour they figured out it was not anything life threatening and released her… I was so relived. It was so scary for me to worry about here for hours and to see the scared look in her eyes.
Afterward we had dinner at red robin because nither of us had lunch. I had a 5alarm burger and steakfries! I was just so relived! I lost a little control of myself…well, no not control. I just didn’t care for a moment. I was just glad erin (my partner) was okay.

When I got home I looked up the calories online (surprisingly redrobin has the best nutrition facts page I have ever seen! You can customize anything!) I busted the calorie bank with that meal. But I was only 200 cals over limit. Which is better then my pre plan days I suppose. Well I gotta go be sweet to my honey. She needs a little love after an exhausting day!

Starofsorrow- hi and nice to meet you! 3.2 lbs wow! That’s will power!

Mj5- good job motivating yourself to get to the gym!

Darkblue- thanx for the congradulations, nice too meet you. Dinner is hard for me too :p

Bigtxmomma- my wifey has a neti pot and has always found it helpful. Ive never tried it. Mindless eating is a hard one, I have tried everything from throwing food on the floor and stepping on it the second I “wake up” to the fact im being midless to planning the heck out of my day. But you have lost 22 lbs! this is just another rut and I know you will be back on top in a day or two! You can do it because you are an incredible shrinking woman!

Beverlyjoy-I love it when I have a bunch of good days in a row, and seeing the results are so satisfying!

Schmoodle- oh no! m&ms! Hiss! Hiss! Good job getting them out of the house! 

Girlygirl- did you count all your calories today?

Purplefirefly- omg! What a morning! Maybe you can just ask for a copy of the pics?
Good luck, sounds like you might need it!

Skinnyminnynow-for sure!

Famograhm- don’t worry, if you don’t give up, the scale will move again soon!

mj5
02-29-2008, 06:01 AM
Good Morning! My knee is sore this am, so I only did a one mile watp dvd. I don't want to over-due and end up being benched again! I think I am going to try to get the house picked up and some light cleaning done tonight, so I can relax all weekend. I think I could use the time to rest my knee again....Dh has to work tonight until late, but works more 'reasonable' hours over the rest of the weekend.

Today I am calling for a hair appt, finally! At one point yesterday I looked in the mirror and it wasn't pretty!!! I am trying to grow my bangs out (still not sure why, my stylist just keeps telling me to trust him.....) and well, yea it's not pretty! So, it's time for a cut, hilight, eye brow wax--"the works". I can't wait! Hopefully he can get me in next week.

Last night I bought lots of groceries...I bought stuff to make trail mix...I love it as a snack, but end up picking out the stuff I don't like, so rather than wasting $ on things I don't like, I make my own. Then I package it is small portion sizes because if I am wanting to snack....I can eat way too much! Dh was too funny last night as we were putting stuff away....he kept saying "that will never make it into the trail mix...." (I bought some cashews which are his favorite....I better make it tonight or there won't be any left!)

Linda--Vent away! I'm sure it is especially hard after cleaning for other people to come home and feel like cleaning your own house!

Math puppy--What a scare! So glad your partner is ok!!!

Purple--How did it go w/ the mil?

Rhonda--Did you get your project done?

I am hoping to work on a project today...nothing major, just putting together some training information.

Ok, I better get ready for work. Have a great on plan day!

(9/9 w/ stickers!)

Beverlyjoy
02-29-2008, 06:59 AM
Hi friends...I am happy to say that I had another healthy food day yesterday. It feels good...I am grateful.

If I ever doubted my back pains come from wearing my foot/ankle brace - I don't now. I've been trying it again and it causes more pain. I have an appointment with the ortho next Friday. Someday they'll figure this out - soon would be to my liking.

Today is a cleaning day - office, files, letters, going to the grocery, etc.

meditation
water
journal food
stretches
PMA - positive mental attitude

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, ww toast with npnb, and strawberries,
snack - carrots
lunch - ff cottage cheese with banana, small sweet potatoe, speghetti squash with parm cheese
snack - yogurt, flax, crackers
dinner - vegetable beef soup, garlic toast
snack - cereal, skim milk, fruit

Personal a bit later!

Have a great day.

GirlyGirlSebas
02-29-2008, 07:50 AM
Good morning!

I've been working on my project since 6am. Still not finished yet, but plugging away. This evening, oldest DD is having a slumber party. Looks like I'll be very busy and not getting much sleep. But, at least this project will be complete and I'll be just a bit less stress. Of course, a group of giggling tweens in my house is not the most calming and peaceful atmosphere.:D

I've read and enjoyed all of your posts. Unfortunately, I only have time for a quick break right now. I'll be back later today to check in.

Purplefirefly
02-29-2008, 08:13 AM
Okay, kids were perfect angels this morning, but I am a total mess! I got daughter to school just in time not to be tardy and then somehow pressed the brake on my van, and could not figure out how to turn it off. This is a pretty new van and I'd never pressed that before, and it wouldn't come back up. I was pulled out of the drop off line so not holding people up, but knew I couldn't drive with it on and of course, cell phone was at home. I ended up getting out and waving over the asst. principal standing outside to help me. I AM THE BIGGEST IDIOT EVER!!!! I was standing there in my PJ bottoms and mismatched sweatshirt, hair a mess pulled back, waiting for him to fix it. It took him a couple minutes but it was as simple as pulling a switch :devil: Seriously, I was so embarrassed.

This was just what I needed today, though. I realize that while I have made great successes at losing this weight I have let go of too much in other areas of my life. I have let go of cleaning too much, and my sleep schedule has gone straight out the window to make time for extra exercise. I simply can't do this anymore, it is effecting my kids in more than the good ways at this point.

Before starting this, I would have my children to school a bit early every day, they were never tardy! Suddenly we are running out the door last minute too many days because I was up late exercising and have a hard time getting going or reset the alarm, etc. The house has gotten way too unorganized and I can't take it anymore!

So, I am going to adjust my exercise schedule and get back to old routines like my sleep schedule and some of my old cleaning/organizing routines. This is just another lesson along the journey, and making this a lifestyle change means adjusting the lifestyle until it feels right. I will spend some time this AM going through my plan and adjusting. I'll have to sacrifice some exercise for other things, get the balance more even.

I am really frustrated with myself, though! Why could I not figure out how to turn off that brake? That is something I SHOULD know about my own van, ya know? I am very embarrassed, not so much that I had to ask for that help but because I was standing there in my PJ bottoms looking a total, figgin MESS. Had a seen someone else like that I woulda thought "wow, look at her! Why would she leave the house like that?" I never would have before, but I have just let so much slip these days it's disgusting now that I realize what I've been doing. What if we were in an accident one morning? Gosh, I'd be out there in my PJ's. :cry:

Now I feel bad posting this here for all you to see...but at least you're strangers so it's nice to have a safe place to vent.

Schmoodle
02-29-2008, 09:49 AM
Good morning chicks!
I am having a slow start today. I got up with DD at 3AM to see her off to the airport and couldn't get back to sleep until 6, but then had to get up at 7. Not feeling too ambitious about anything right now!
Then it's back to the airport at 5 to pick up DH. I wasn't expecting him back for quite a while, but they are putting the ship in dry dock and sending the crew home. So I guess he'll go back out again in a month or so. In any case it'll be nice to have him home for a while! I am considering taking him to our favorite restaurant, which is near the airport. We don't get much chance to get down there anymore, especially without kids, but I don't want to mess myself up. i did have a totally on plan day yesterday, and am very hopeful about today! I want to weigh in tomorrow, so I'm worried about all that salt!

I have no clue what to put on today's menu, but here's a shot:
B: Kashi waffle with natural peanut butter, coffee with milk
S: hardboiled egg, string cheese
L: Italian chicken breast, steamed veggies
S: latte, dried apricots
Dinner:?

Purple, sounds like you are having a rough week!:hug: Just remember though, these are the little things, and we've just got to learn to let them go sometimes! The important things are that you and your family are healthy and happy. I don't know anybody that feels like they can stay on top of it all, all the time. I'm sure you are a wonderful mom. congrats on the 5 lbs. That's awesome!
Rhonda, you have my condolences! I HATE slumber parties. Better you than me!
star, congrats on the missing poundage!
bigtx, I love my neti pot, but whenever I tell someone about it, they look at me like I'm crazy.
fam, you are getting lots of exercise! I've got an 11YO DS, but we aren't having those issues yet. Actually, I thought that was a girl thing, I didn't know boys went through it too, Yikes! I remember when DD went through it, it was no fun!:hug:
mathpuppy, so glad to hear that DP is okay! I'm sure you're both so relieved.
mj, are your stickers for on-plan days? 9 is awesome!
Have a great day Beverlyjoy!

bigtxmomma
02-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Just checking in.

Today is an okay day. Had a really aggravated morning. Nothing unusual, I guess. Feeling better tho, and we made reservations to go camping tomorrow so it'll be a fun weekend.

Food:
2 eggs, 3 Gimme Lean patties
handful of nuts for lunch =/ I didn't even realize I was eating them
Dinner: soup

Exercise:
WATP. My abs are sore from yesterday.

Water:
Drank 20 oz of ice water so far. Will drink more.

Back later for personals!

mj5
02-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Hi! Ok, so today didn't go at all as planned at work.....UGH! Let's just say MAJOR incident. The good news is, the person involved will be ok. I spent all day on the phone and doing paperwork and I am about 1/2 done...I'll pick it back up on Monday. It's ok, though! The good news is, so far--totally on plan food and exercise wise!

Beverlyjoy--So glad you had another healthy food day! Good luck at the ortho...I feel your pain!

Rhonda--Yea on finishing the project! You are a brave woman having a sleep over tonight!

Purple--I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at your post...I am famous for leaving the house in my pj's (sometimes slippers too)...I will even go to our little local store in my pj's--if they don't match, I just make sure I zip my jacket up all the way....of course, that's when you run into the one person you don't want to see when you look a total mess... but anyway...please do not feel bad, vent away. You can do this!!!!

Schmoodle--Yea for dh coming home! Hope you were able to get out for a nice dinner. Yes, the stickers are for on plan days--once I reach 14 (don't have to be consecutive, but so far they are, I get a reward!)

bigtxmomma--Have fun camping!

So even though it was a really busy day, I still stuck to my plan of coming home picking up the house and getting a few other things done. I just have some laundry to do tomorrow and other than that, I plan on relaxing all weekend!!! Only 5 days of work and dh and I are on vacation. We are staying home--we are cleaning our attic and 2nd floor the first few days (exciting, I know!), then not sure....I'd like to go to a couple wineries maybe out to dinner to our favorite restaurant--just stuff that we don't have time for when we are both working.

Beverlyjoy
03-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Hi chicks... I am so happy and grateful for another on plan day yesterday. It feels good. Life is really good - all except my peices and parts. But, I am working on 'em!

- hanging with DH
- movie and supper out with our cousins
- paper work

I meditated for 90 minutes today (longest time ever)
lots of water
journal food
PMA
stretches

breakfast - "fried" brown rice with egg whites and soy sauce, applesauce
snack - strawberries
lunch - open face turkey and lite cheese on ww bread, asparagus
snack - crackers (I'll take a one hundred calories back to the movies)
dinner - out - maybe fish
snack - cereal, flax, milk

Bigtxmama - you asked about my meditation. I am glad to share what has really helped. I actually learned how to meditate when I took a mindfullness class a couple of years ago (mindfulness - kind of like staying with the present). The teacher, Cheryl, gave us a CD she createdthat I listened too and learned how to do it. I didn't do it too often, though.

Then last year I took a class called Feeding the Hungry Heart, where we also discussed food issues. The teacher was a social worker, dietician, and nurse - one of the things she stressed was using meditation as a tool to help in dealing with food issues & life, too. She stressed that meditation has many, many benefits. I did it a bit.

Then last September - when I discovered that my triglycerides were dangerously high, I started on another journey with eating healthfully. Once again, everyone that I encountered at the health center where I go kept saying...are you doing meditation?? So, I decided to really do it and stick with it to see if I had all the positive changes that they say come with meditation.

I did meditation on my own (no CD), I used the CD from my class from a few years ago and I bought a tape from Amazon.com called. Meditation For Weight Loss -done by Allan Holmquest. It does alot with visualization....visualizing how you would like to look, how you approach food, how your body metabolizes food, etc. My best friend is a psychologist told me that visualization is very very effective. At first I thought it was kind of hokie -but, then I discoverd it's kind of empowering. So then I bought a CD called "I Decide and I Create the Body I Want." by Tina Sacchi. It's a hypnotherapy session - & was again skeptical. But, it seems very similar in tone to the weight loss meditation. And, I really like it and feel it's message of relaxation, eating well and being healthy and and just deciding where you want to be in your weight - this message is creeping into my thoughts.

Nowa days -between my CD's and meditating on my own...it's become a big part of my wellness. My friend said that it's a way for your body to create serotonin - since I can't do much exercise - it's helpful to get that extra seratonin. I can't say for sure if that is what has made the difference for me this time....but, I think so. I miss it when I don't do it. Maybe how some folks get "hooked" on exercise. I am hooked on meditation. It's not just some new age hocus pocus - but, something practiced around the world in many cultures and many practices of medicine.

Then, when Dr. OZ on Oprah said that meditation should be part of your day....I was further convinced that it's really a wonderful, wonderful thing to have part of my life.

famograham
03-01-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm happy today :)
I've had a good long sleep in, and my scale dropped today to 233.5 :cheer2:

Much better!

:hug:
Thanks for all the support!
Linda

mj5
03-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Hi everyone! I have been fighting a migraine all day. ICK! I'm going to go take a nap before dh gets home...hopefully that will get rid of it.

Darkblue
03-01-2008, 06:53 PM
Purple--argh, that stinks. I would have just died on the spot! I know what you mean about trying to get all the necessary things done. Hosuework is what slides the most for me, and it never fails but someone comes to the door and then looks in my living room windows to see if we're home. *bangs head*

I've been really under the weather with this stupid cold for the last two days, but finally was able to get in to see the doctor. She gave me an inhaler, decongestants, antibiotics, cough syrup...I feel like a walking pharmacy. Hopefully all this will start clearing out the crud in my lungs. I've been eating pretty well, but I don't have enough breath to exercise.