Old 02-24-2008, 06:35 AM   #1  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Default acountability / menus / planning Feb 24 - March 1

Looking for some accountability? Support? A place to list your menus? This is the place? Feel free to join us!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:37 AM   #2  
mj5

I just realized that I should have started us off w/ a new thread...oops! Here is my post from last week's thread:

Good Morning! I am up WAY too early for a Sunday am...I have been up since 5am! There is a nap in my future today! The laundry is almost done, soup is back in the crock pot--at least it has been a productive hour!

Not much planned for today. My mom is going to stop by today so that will be fun. She might have some clothes for me to go through that she is getting rid of -- even more fun! She is about a size or two behind me in weight loss, so she is keeping me stocked up!

mathpuppy--how have you been this weekend?

Rhonda--How was ladies night? I am so overdue for a hair cut it isn't even funny...better add that to my list of things to do!

Dh has to work late again tonight, so I'm sure I'll be around a lot again today!
Old 02-24-2008, 08:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi friends....hope you are doing well. I am having a wonderful visit with family - staying mostly with my healthy eating. I over indulged with ice cream at the party. I'll carry on healthfully today.

Have a great day. Treat yourself as well as you would treat your best friends.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Alright, this is my official start of whole foods/superfoods, and attempt #5 at weight loss.

Since I'm not allowed a slider yet, I'll post my starting weight this week--247 pounds. Ugh.

I'm off to make breakfast with oatmeal, walnuts, cinnamon, raisins. Will probably have an orange, too. The hard part today will come after church, when the family is going to want to eat out.

Last edited by Darkblue; 02-24-2008 at 09:12 AM. Reason: typo
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:34 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks, I am back from my trip and so happy to be home. It was a terrible week to travel, with weather delays and other screw-ups making for 2 very long travel days. I can't post a menu, as my cupboard is bare and I'm gonna have to wing it until I can plan my menus for the week and get to the grocery store later today. I just had a piece of Ezekiel toast with natural peanut butter, and I think I can make a tuna salad for lunch.

I did pretty well with food. I always travel with lots of food now, since you can never depend on what you're going to find when you get where you're going. I always wonder what the screeners at the airport are thinking when they see my carry on full of hard boiled eggs, string cheese and triscuits!
But I did have a sopapilla at the Mexican restaurant on Friday. And last night I got into some peanut M&Ms and had a hard time stopping. Oh well, back home and back to normal! Hope you chicks are having a great weekend.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:36 PM   #6  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Accountability Partners. Hope you are enjoying your Sunday.

Darkblue - So glad you decided to join us. Please post often so we can get to know you.
Schmoodle - Welcome back!
Beverly - Glad you are enjoying your visit with your family.
MJ - Wow...5am? I slept until 11:00 and still feel wiped out.

Its accountability time. I didn't do very well with staying on-plan yesterday. We had planned on eating dinner at Applebees so Hubby and I could stay on-plan. Part of me was thinking that I really shouldn't eat dinner as I was going to the Ladies night and wanted to enjoy some eating there. But, I knew that Hubby and my youngest DD were hungry, so I went along. Instead of eating something from the Weight Watchers portion of the menu, I caved and had a burger and fries. Once I started looking at the pictures and other options, my willpower caved. I didn't eat the whole burger and all of the fries....had about half of each. But, I have no idea how many calories I ate. Then, I drank the last 1/4 of DDs shake. At ladies night, I had a piece of birthday cake....not the whole thing, but no idea how many calories there. Tomorrow is my official weigh-in and the scales are up about 1 1/2 pounds from where they were yesterday. I know this is probably water weight, but I'm very aggravated and disappointed with myself. I'm not looking for sympathy from anyone as non is due. I'm just coming clean with everyone and making a committment to stay on-plan today and to plan ahead a little better in the future. I should have known what I was ordering before I even stepped one foot into that restaurant. So, today is a 1200 calorie day for me and I'll be drinking tons of water.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 12:59 PM   #7  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

Heyoos! First time going into the acountability/menus/planning thread. =)

I'm having SO much trouble figuring out my menu for the week. Generally I just eat what I feel like eating that day factoring in making healthier choices, but I realized that I"m gonna have to batter down my hatches and really plan it out so I don't keep making bad choices.

I'm also on the LAWL, so it's been some getting used to because they're more strict and I'm not sure how to convert what i used to eat to LA points....so yeah!

Here's what I've managed to figure out so far:
I'll make some food off the LA recipes, and they're ognna last me a good week, if not more. Bruschetta stuffed chicken breasts (8 of 'em), and cheesy beef brocculi thingie. I plan on adding veggies and the like to it, but other than that, I'm pretty lost. I can't fiure out what to do about breakfast! I'm usually SO busy in the morning that I just need something I can literally GRAB and go. I'm gonna try a bagel with a bit of cream cheese and two slices of tomatoes in it for breakfast. That might helps omewhat, and I need to figure out snacks, too! Good lord.

I didn't do so good over the past two days. I went to visit my mother, and I kinda ate a bit too much. No biggie...it's only a pound or two for two days. I'll keep working at it!

Other than that...hm. I dunno what else I should think about.
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 01:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

hi everyone! And a big welcome to Darkblue. That starting weight may be depressing...but it will be going down quicker than you think. You can do this!

DDs birthday party at the skating rink went very well yesterday. It was just a crazy day for me, getting her from cheerleading to there with friends visiting unexpexted in between. I was on my feet literally the entire day, did not get to sit down until after 8PM when we got back home. I didn't get my exercise in though, so it's my day off for this week. She got a TON of gifts, it looks like Christmas all over again in our house today as hubby gets them all out of those boxes.

I started my 365 day challenge all over yesterday I am disappointed I didnt' make it the first time around, but the second will work. I did some tweaking on my plan and kept going in my journal, just started with day one again. I'll do better this time, I am determined.

Star-- Quick breakfast items in my house are boiled eggs which I boil the night before, yogurt, cottage cheese and fruit, or since I don't like any other breakfast foods, a lot of days i just have regular food like a sandwich or something. Food is food and it doesn't have to be typical breakfast foods just because it's morning. You will get going on your plan and have it tweaked to your lifestyle in time, just keep trying and playing with new ideas.

Rhonda--I tried to send you another PM but your box is full Was just going to say you can always brag that you at least made it further on the 365 day challenge than I did We WILL do it this time. I have confidence in us.

Schmoodle--glad you are home safe

Beverly--SO true on treating yourself as good as you would a friend. I need to remember that one.

mj--nice to have someone to give you clothes along the way! Hope there is lots you can wear now.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #9  
mj5

Hi everyone!

beverlyjoy--enjoy your family time!

darkblue--Welcome!

Schmoodle--Welcome back! I enjoy going away, but I always enjoy coming home more!

Rhonda--Good for you for getting right back on track today! It could have been a lot worse! Yea, 5am MUCH too early! Fine for a work day, but a Sunday?! I am going to snooze (late nap) w/ the dogs so I can stay up and watch some of the grammys tonight.

starofsorrow--Welcome! Ooh bruschetta stuffed chichen breast--is that as good as it sounds?

Purple--Phew, what a busy day yesterday! Good for you for being so determined! I know you can do it!

Today I ended up going shopping w/ my mom, grandmother, sister, and neice for a little while. I cannot believe it, but i didn't buy anything! I found lots of good bargains, but I couldn't see spending money on a lot of stuff I don't plan on wearing very long. My mom just gave me a bunch of clothes, so I really don't need anything right now anyway. When I do my Spring cleaning, I will see what I need and buy a few new things, but I don't want to go overboard.

The hardest part of today was resisting the food....my sister went through a drive through to get drinks. No problem...I don't drink soda, so no temptation there--just plain iced tea for me. Then she ordered her daughter chicken nuggets and fries. I didn't want any, in fact I have never been much of a fast food fan, but they smelled SO good. I resisted. Then a little while later my sister was hungry so she stopped somewhere else to get something to eat. Again, it smelled good, but I know whatever she ordered was loaded w/ fat, salt, and grease. Thanfully she moved to the back seat so she could eat and my mom drove (I was already up front), so I wasn't tempted to sample anything. I have no idea what she was eating, she didn't offer any and I didn't ask, but I kept telling myself that I had a whole crock pot of homemade soup at home--MUCH better (taste and calorie wise) than whatever she was eating! Phew, I did have a small snack when I got home because I realized I was really hungry, but I didn't go over-board.

Right now I am waiting for the soup to re-heat and then it's my turn to eat! I was really close to asking her to get me something to eat, but I am really glad I didn't!

As I said to Rhonda, because I was up so early this am, I am going to take a 'late nap' w/ the dogs so I can stay up and watch some of the grammys. Dh won't be home until late and he will be pleasantly surprised that we are 'waiting' up for him.

Have a great evening!
Old 02-24-2008, 07:55 PM   #10  
mj5

I meant watcht the Oscars...I like to see all the pretty dresses!
Old 02-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #11  
IncredibleShrinkingWoman

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'11"

Ugh, I ate too much this weekend. Last night we decided to go camping, so we were late on dinner because we wanted to have a cookout. Unfortunately, the park only had camping spots open in their overflow PARKING LOT, meaning we'd have had to pitch a tent in a ditch in the middle of a PARKING LOT!! =/ So we left and were pretty cranky because we had been looking forward to it. So I ate like a handful of soy nuts & other nuts on the drive up & down, and had a low cal beer (90 cals). Then we went home and had a cookout and I had a couple fat free hot dogs and some Laughing Cow cheese. =/ I overindulged, though, and ate too much. Then today I made ratatouille (we're watching the movie), and again i OVERATE. At least it was just roasted vegetables. But it's still not good to get used to the habit of feeling stuffed.

I didn't even work out today. =/ I think tonight I'll do the strength exercises, and clean up more, and try to get some exercise in. My weekends are just sooo chaotic. I need to be more orderly and plan ahead better.

Welcome, darkblue and starofsorrow!

All right, I'm going to go get my butt in gear, and then come back and do personals!!! mj, reading your post actually inspired me to finish cleaning, hahahahah. =D
bigtxmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:33 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

I've caught a cold, it seems. Should have made some better choices along with my good stuff, but I feel rotten.

Positives today:
Breakfast: 5-grain oatmeal (high fiber) with wheatgerm, cinnamon, organic raisins, 1 tbs walnuts. Two cups no-fat milk, two mugs hot tea.
Lunch: Deli sandwich with multi-grain bread, low-fat mayo, ham, turkey, lettuce, tomato, peppers. Iced tea.
Mid-afternoon: One cup pomegranate juice
Dinner: White chicken chili---chicken, broth (low sodium), navy beans, corn, tomatos, chili, Montery Jack cheese. One cup no-fat milk.
Snack at night: Green tea with one tbs honey, for cough/throat
Exercise--a few reps each on upper body exercises with home gym. I'm coughing so hard that more was impossible.

Should have made better choices/negatives:
Lemon square at deli for lunch. Four Oreos and Little Debbie snack cake mid-afternoon, "comfort food"

Tomorrow will be better, I hope.
Darkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:53 PM   #13  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

Mj5 - Yes, it is delicious! I tried it for the first time today. I would suggest adding a bit more seasoning to the meal itself, but overall, it's fanastic! I have plenty of leftovers for this week, too! Yay!
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:43 PM   #14  
is recommitted

S/C/G: 338/see sig/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey everybody! My shoulder doesn't hurt anymore -- yay!

Today I noticed my 22 jeans were feeling awfully loose, so I pulled out the size 20 jeans my sister sent me for transitional clothing. I thought I'd see if I could button them up and sure enough, I can! They are still pretty tight -- I couldn't wear them comfortably, but it really made me feel good about my progress lately. It's definitely a very visible affirmation and encouragement to keep on keeping on. When I first got them I tried them on and they fit in the legs alright, but I just couldn't button them up... I think they will fit more comfortably soon!

Well, my car is having some trouble (surprise, surprise), and apparently is not safe to drive until I can get it fixed. This means I'll probably be working from home for a few days until my mobile mechanic can come work on it either Tuesday or Wednesday. I have to call him tomorrow to set an appointment. Thankfully, an offering was taken up in my church to help with the cost of the repairs, which I am definitely grateful for. I didn't ask for it and I certainly wasn't expecting it... but I'm very thankful for the extra money. I think when all was said and done, I had about $85 to last for food and credit card bills until my next paycheck in 2 weeks (which more or less means no eating :P)... but not anymore!

Last edited by rakel; 02-24-2008 at 11:46 PM.
rakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:07 AM   #15  
mj5

Good Morning! I got up early and did a 2 mile watp dvd. I feel so good! Plan for today is to leave work on time (or as close as possible) and go to the gym--legs/back w/ weights and some more cardio.

bigtxmomma--Sorry to hear about your camping trip....Care to share your ratatouille recipe? I thought the movie was pretty cute! Ha! Me? Inspire someone to clean?! Now that is funny!!!

darkblue--Hope you feel better!

starofsorrow--Care to share the recipe (or where I can find it?) I am always looking for new things to try...especially w/ chicken!

Rakel--So glad your shoulder is better! CONGRATS on the jeans...smaller jeans is always a good thing, even they are a bit tight now, they won't be for long! Too bad about the car repairs, but wonderful that your church is helping w/ the repairs. Wonderful support! How are the wedding plans coming?

The veg/beef soup came out great. I have never made it before and dh was really impressed. He can't wait for me to try chicken noodle now! I think some of this soup making (other than it is freezing cold around here) is b/c I am missing my dad lately. He LOVED to cook and one of his specialties was soups and stews. Unfortunately, I never learned a lot of his 'secrets', so I am kind of winging it...so far so good! Unlike him, though, I am trying to find some healthier twists on some things. The 2 year anniversary of his death is in a couple of weeks, so it's no wonder I am missing him a bit more right now.

I almost forgot...TOM is on its way (any day), so I am all bloated and gross...I didn't even bother w/ the scale today. Once TOM is gone, then I'll weigh in again.

Last edited by mj5; 02-25-2008 at 06:11 AM.