Old 02-23-2008, 06:24 PM   #1  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Tae Bo--Suggestions?

I've decided that I'd like to pick up some workout DVDs for when I'm in my apartment. If I can't or don't feel like hitting the gym, I can say: "Well, girl, Billy's waiting--get to it!" I've done TaeBo in the past, but they were VHS and it was YEARS ago. I felt like it was a TOUGH workout, and that's what I'm looking for: intensity. I looked up Billy on Collagevideo.com and there are a LOT of Billy Blanks Tae Bo workouts. I'm wonder which I should pick up: Basic, Boot Camp, ULTIMATE Boot Camp, ELITE Boot Camp, what? He has videos with stretch bands and bars and balls and I'm a little overwhelmed--where's my old-fashioned TaeBo, eh?

I'd prefer not to have to buy any extra equipment (I'm on a budget and out here in my school apartment I have a VERY SMALL living room) and I want a high-intensity workout. I'd say I'm at an intermediate-level of fitness.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Azure; 02-23-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 08:34 PM   #2  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Default Tae Bo

I'm currently doing Billy's Basic boot camp. I don't have the bands either, but he has one person in each group that does all the stuff without the bands as well. I have a lot of fun with the basic and plan on trying the ultimate in a few weeks, I believe if you look on amazon.com you can get all of the boot camp DVDs as a package set.
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:52 AM   #3  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

They would be cheaper on Amazon too. E-bay is a great place to get them also. I've gotten my last 3 or 4 of them for less than $10 each from E-bay. Billy has added a lot of small equipment to his workouts that really intensify them but without the equipment they are just as intense. You could also get them from Netflix. Try them out then decide what to buy. I would add in the newer ones the combinations have more components. I don't necessarily like that so I adjust as needed.

Last edited by Shay; 02-24-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

I'm in the same boat, I have an older Billy Dvd that has the beginner, advanced and 10 min routines but I'm thinking of buying a new one. If you look at amazon you can see which ones are the most popular. I'm thinking about getting the celebrity fit one but I decided to try it with netflix first. I keep buying some dvd's that I don't like or use. At Target they have the Billy dvd with the bar/weight, but I dont' think I'm interested in that, it costs a lot and I like the Billy exercises for cardio. I do weight training as well on alternating days from cardio. BILLLY is the man for cardio and a hard workout, the advance one hour dvd that I have is HARD and makes you sweat. I'm not sure that the newer dvd's would be much different.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:17 PM   #5  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Netflix is such an excellent suggestion! Thanks for the tip I renewed my subscription after reading this thread--my family had it years ago. I've got a Billy DVD coming to me in the mail tomorrow! I'm psyched to use it Wednesday morning/afternoon--I've got a "real" cardio kickboxing class at the gym tomorrow night
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245/ 244/ 175

Height: 5' 7"

OMGosh, i have all the billy dvd's thanks to my girlfriend, i think she was giving me a loving hint, but i also have the vhs, right next to the dvd's, of course. I am just getting back into the swing of watching my weight, go away, not increase, thanks for the great reminder of what i used to do (years and years ago) and what i can do again!
thanks and have fun with it! Billy is really awesome with his work outs, and it usually takes me about a week to really get back into the swing of things with him.
yay!

Last edited by EVY1ZNT; 02-25-2008 at 11:27 PM. Reason: clicked enter on accident!
EVY1ZNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #7  
Farm Girl

I think Get Ripped 1 & 2 are really good. Good cardio and no equipment. Ultimate Taebo is awesome too. 90 minutes of high intense cardio.
Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote