Old 02-22-2008, 12:21 PM   #1  
I can do this, yes I can!

S/C/G: 273/260/180

Height: 5'6"

Default B12/B6 shots...do they work?

Hey! I'm new to 3FC. I have read thru so many of the threads and was excited to sign up. I started my weight loss on Jan 24 and weighed in at 273. I am going to a local weight loss clinic and getting B6/B12 and lipotropic shots weekly. I was just wanting to know if anyone had any input on this or if anyone has or is trying this method of weight loss.

1-24-08 - 274 first weigh in
1-30-08 - 268
2-12-08 - 265
2-19-08 - 264
hardatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 12:50 PM   #2  
... fabulous!

About two years ago I went to a 'diet doctor' and was getting similar weekly shots and had an appetite suppresent and was following a stringent diet. I lost a bit of weight but got discouraged after a few months and quit. The food wasn't healthy and the doc didn't really believe in changing his recommended diet.

Fast forward a few years and here I am. I gained back some of the weight I lost and kept my weight stable for a year or so and then this past summer someone bet me that I couldn't drop weight. Since August I've lost 61lbs and have quite a bit more to lose. No shots, just counting calories. It's simple math... you know how many calories you burn each day and if you want to drop two pounds a week, you need a significant deficit. 3500cals/lb = 7000 cal deficit each week. Some of this can come from extra exercise and some from not eating so much.
ACivE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 01:14 PM   #3  
I can do this, yes I can!

S/C/G: 273/260/180

Thanks for your input! I dont really go by the diet plan they provided! I eat a healthy breakfast and lunch. Dinner time is harder for me. I have cut out my sodas and most of my sweet tea (Addicted to tea) lol

You have lost so much weight! Cant wait til I'm there!
hardatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #4  
The Radiant One

S/C/G: 250/142/135

Height: 5'2"

What would be the difference between taking an extra b-complex vitamin every day and a shot? I always wondered what the shots were.
I take an extra b-complex a day to keep fatigue at bay. Don't think it necessarily has helped with weight loss, but who knows?
fiberlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:37 PM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

B-vitamins are supposed to help you feel good and if you have a vitamin deficiency, then they are definitely needed. A lot of weight loss drugs include the B vitamins because it helps those on those drugs feel good and thus think the pill/shot/whatever is working.

If you have a B vitamin deficiency or want the effects of feeling good, you can buy B vitamins inexpensively from the store.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:46 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Some people cannot absorb B vitamins very well via the digestive tract, and that's why shots are recommended for some folks.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:49 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I thought the sublinguals were pretty good for that? I knew someone who used to take sublingual b vitamins for depression.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote