South Beach Diet - Fabulous Friday Chick Chat

View Full Version : Fabulous Friday Chick Chat

cottagebythesea
02-22-2008, 05:46 AM
:coffee: Hot drinks all around, just bring a mug!

We're snow covered this morning! I'm glad I can just stay home and enjoy it. :) Even Jake is still here, he started out earlier but turned around and came back because the salt trucks hadn't been out yet and the roads were slick. So he's going to just wait til the roads are salted and head out again.
I was tempted to just stay in my jammies all day, but I'm showered and dressed. I think I'll just spend a nice lazy day curled up on the couch, reading and doing some crosstitch. :)

femmecreole
02-22-2008, 06:15 AM
Cottage, sounds like a great day to stay on the couch! What are you working on cross stitch wise?

Nasty day here...rain, rain, rain. We were under a tornado watch till about an hour ago. I had wanted to go to Baton Rouge to Whole Foods this afternoon, but that's out now. No idea what I'm going to do now. Friday afternoons are our "weekends" since I usually work on Sat. and Sunday and my husband works on Sunday too. No fair! It's our field trip day. Taking my Mom to vist some friends who are in a nursing home tommorrow, so I may hit the Target in the town where they are (closest one to here) and see if I can find something cute and "springish" to wear to work. (I don't like to spend money on school clothes) Sometimes we get some cold weather at the end of Feb. and beginning of March. (it snowed one year in March) but I think for the most part it will be closer to spring temperature wise and we won't be getting too much more cold weather.

Loriann7
02-22-2008, 06:34 AM
Good morning ladies! And all those not yet out of bed!!!!! (don't tell, but I know cause it's your all on the west coast right? hehehe)

Linda, I'm jealous! Ihave to go to work, I'd much rather spend the day reading!

Cat, sounds like a fun day!

Me: Things at work are crazy with Matt and Michelle out this week cause she delivered their baby on Sunday. They did stop in yesterday with Cameron, he's so cute! Brand new to the job and not knowing everything yet, it makes it that much more difficult when matts paperwork is backed up a month!

Anyway... the kid is doing things to annoy me. His way of getting me to say "go!" Little does he know I've been ready for him to leave, even though it will be hard.

OK< it's late, still got to do the hair (already showered.)

cottagebythesea
Cat, that's a bummer that you'll have to cancel your field trip plans. :( Do you think you'll be able to go tomorrow? That should be fun, shopping for spring clothes! It's nice to know that spring will be here in a few weeks. You should be able to find something really cute in your new smaller size. I'm crosstitching a sampler for Amber's bedroom, but it's slow going.

Loriann7
OH, btw... down another pound, for a total of since Saturday!!!

tammie00
02-22-2008, 07:34 AM
Morning all

Cat have fun shopping!!!

Cottage sounds like a good plan for a cold day!

Loriann-Yeah on the lost pound!!!

ME-Today I am cleaning house. The babysitter is coming tonight because hubbyand I are going to a military ball. I really didn't wanna go because they are kinda boring. LOL Listening to poeple talk and such. But now I know some friends will be there so maybe it will be fun. I had to get my dress taken up TWO sizes.
Take care
Tammie

Loriann7
02-22-2008, 07:48 AM
Tammie!!!!!! 2 dress sizes!!!!!!!!!!!

:congrat::congrat::congrat:

:belly::belly:

Ruthxxx
02-22-2008, 07:57 AM
Quickie this morning. Claire is picking me up in an hour to go to the doc and I need to hustle - breakfast, shower and getting dressed take forever. See y'all later. (Going to get my "real" doc to check my knee and hope he gives me more new pain meds!)

Spiritmagejkt
02-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Oh oh Philly snow usually exits up here. We had a week's break from shoveling snow now we must pay.

I have one lazy week left before I have to go to work. I lost 3 lbs this week and am now " official" in Nova Scotia. Hopefully the results of the boards are good. I'll find out in a week. If they are its clear sailing from here.

I am not sorry to be out of tornado alley. Growing up in Indiana I hated those things. I would love to see Baton Rouge though ( in the winter or spring )

Spiritmagejkt
02-22-2008, 08:51 AM
Oh yea forgot new recipie today. a SB compatable version of Italian wedding soup.

meatballs 8oz lean ground beef
Palm of hand each bran, ground flax, oregano, italian seasoning 1 tsp-TBSP whole wheat flour. mix in food processer until forming a ball.
baking sheet make 3/4" meatballs out of mix bake til cooked about 15 mintues 350F. ( My oven isn't in C)

in soup pot. Chicken stock i put in about half a gallon ( 2L) chopped up swiss chard or other leafy green many use spinach. Spinach is really hard to come by up here for some odd reason. an onion and green pepper 1 palm of basil cook the vegies to desired consistancy add the meatballs last 20 minutes. Top with ground parmasan cheese.

You can also add whole wheat orzo but I'm not using pasta til we're near maintenence.

GONNABE165
02-22-2008, 08:53 AM
Morning everyone. It's greary rain weather here and suppose to be that way all day til sunday.

Cottage sounds like you have a nice relxaing day ahead of you

Morning Cat

Loriann congrats on the weight loss :carrot:

Tammie thats a great NSV (dress) Hope you enjoy the ball. Makes me think of cinderella

Ruth hope all goes well at the doctor

:bravo: Spirit - 3lb loss is great

As for me I am back in onderland (finally) - dow 3.4 lbs this morning :cp: which means I am well on my way to making my easter goal. Tonight dinner is at cracker barrel and I am having a time deciding what to eat. Didin't get to go get my heart rate monitor lastnight as the weather was horrible with pouring rain and thunder/lightning but I will go this weekend

Be back later

tammie00
02-22-2008, 09:27 AM
The two dress sizes is from about 2 yrs ago. So in that time I have gone from a 20 to a 16.

Tammie

Pacergal29
02-22-2008, 09:29 AM
TGIF! Wow did we get ice yesterday! Made for an interesting drive home but I think it would have been nearly impossible to go in the ditch driving behind cars doing 25 all the way home! Things let up lastnight and the trucks have done pretty well overnight so driving in this morning wasn't to bad! Would much rather be at home though!

Not much else going on, hoping for a calm day leading upto the weekend.

No time for personals but it sounds like we have alot of sucess stories going on! Congrats to everyone!

Here is some :dust: for those struggling!

Have a great day ladies!

tkglenn
02-22-2008, 10:36 AM
good morning. well, nothing much going on here. I have a baby shower cake to do for tomorrow. Pretty excited about doing this one. I like doing cakes for this lady because I don't get tempted to eat the frosting, I don't like whipped topping for frostings and that's what she wants......so therefore, I don't get tempted. I haven't stepped on the scale yet this morning. Need to shower before I do (as if all the crummy stuff is gonna weigh a ton). i have a full day ahead of me today and probably won't be able to post on Monday. Gotta be up at the hospital by 6am for DD surgery.

Neko
02-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Good morning. :)

I'm stuck in today due to the snow. Unfortunately I don't get paid if I don't come into work. But it's not worth taking the risk for a 30 minute drive.

On the bright side, I can get caught up on the laundry.

femmecreole
02-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Gonna, take a look at this "low carb" menu (http://www.crackerbarrel.com/menu-dinnerlowcarb.cfm?doc_id=904):
looks like they have some pretty decent choices in the grilled department. Just make sure to tell them no grilling in butter!

tomandkara
02-22-2008, 11:26 AM
Neko, I'm doing laundry too! It's Friday. Try to get it all done during the week so my in-laws don't have to shuffle our things around to get their stuff done on their weekend. After the girls hit the sack for their naps I'll get the house all nice and sparkly!

Tawnya, have fun with the baby shower cake! What design are you doing? I saw the cutest one the other day that looked like a little baby in a pram. So adorable!

Stephanie, drive safely on your way home. Never can tell about those roads!!! Thanks for the dust!

Tammie, have fun at your ball! I find the catering at all military events VERY easy to pass up!

Gonna, enjoy your dinner at Cracker Barrel! I'm sure Linda can give you some good tips - she eats there at least five times a week, doesn't she? ;)

Spirit, glad to hear the long drive was worth it! What is this "board" you're waiting on?

Ruth, hope the doctor's appointment goes well!

Loriann, enjoy your last couple days with the boy at home. It's gotta be hard, even if you're ready for him to go!

Cat, sorry about your plans getting cancelled. Rain is my least favorite weather condition.

Linda, have a wonderful day reading and cross stitching!

I think the snow is stopped here. Looks like there are a couple inches on the deck. My brother doesn't have school today, so he's taking Connor sledding. I'm sure they'll have a blast! I've got a great start to my day, eating-wise, and am feeling positive about staying on-plan after my great success of (finally) getting back on track yesterday. Gotta string those days together!

Kara

GONNABE165
02-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks Cat! I am thinking about the grilled chicken strips & side salad w/dressing on the side.

Kara that was to funny :lol: - "I'm sure Linda can give you some good tips - she eats there at least five times a week, doesn't she" :lol:

tomandkara
02-22-2008, 01:48 PM
In all reality, I think she goes every Saturday morning, but the weeks have been flying by so quickly for me that Saturdays seem to be every third day!

Kara

cottagebythesea
02-22-2008, 01:52 PM
Kara that was to funny :lol: - "I'm sure Linda can give you some good tips - she eats there at least five times a week, doesn't she" :lol:

Hey!!!! I only have breakfast there on the weekends, LOL! Actually, I've never even been there for any other meal, I don't even know what their lunch/dinner menu offers. :lol:

Well, my plans have changed. I'm hopping on the next train to meet my DD in center city, and spending the weekend at her place in NJ. Kara, I'll be in Haddonfield, veryclose to you! PM me if you'd like to try to get together tomorrow, it would be fun!

Spiritmagejkt
02-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Steph what part of Indiana are you from? My folks didn't say anything about ice. We're getting a snow tonight

Spiritmagejkt
02-22-2008, 03:24 PM
Kara I had to take Regestered Nurse exams in Nova Scotia.

tomandkara
02-22-2008, 04:12 PM
Oooh, Spirit. I'm crossing my fingers for you! Hope to hear good news soon!

Linda, I PM'd you.

Kara

Barb0522
02-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Last night was fun. I picked up Brian and we ate dinner quickly and then back up to the school so I could hear about the Beta Club convention. Then the fifth graders performed instrumentals at the PTA meeting. We then left and missed the Open House so that Brian and I could go to the Cub Scout Roundtable. Brian really enjoyed it too and I always have fun.

This morning I managed an hour and a half of work and then it was off to meet my lawyer before I had to give a deposition in the divorce. I was questioned for 3 hours! I think it went really well and my lawyer does too. We're going to try for a settlement since no one really wins if it goes to court. This is still going to cost me a small fortune but I'm not going to worry. Whatever will happen, happens. My lawyer and I stopped for lunch afterwards (around 2 PM) and I did well with grilled catfish and squash. I ate a little of the rice but not bad considering I hadn't had anything to eat since my oatmeal at 6:30. I am relieved to have this over. Some of the questions were really bad but my lawyer said I came out on top. I'm glad Robert wasn't there. I think it made it easier for me to stay calm and logical.

I have nothing much planned for the weekend. I've got a Twilight Camp meeting on Sunday that I have to prepare for but I'll squeeze it in somewhere.

Brian and I are supposed to go to the fish fry at church tonight (they have grilled fish too) and then the stations of the cross but I'm going to see if he wants to go. Sometimes it is better to just relax especially after the stressful week I have had.

Kim_Star060404
02-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Howdy, everyone! I still can't believe I'm posting from this little cafe in the middle of west Texas. We spent 9 hours on dirt roads today and are exhausted, but the good news is that we did so well today, I think we'll be able to go home tomorrow instead of Sunday. I hope that my next post will be made from my house tomorrow night. I miss you all and will be sure to catch up when I can. Have a great Friday night!!

Schmoodle
02-22-2008, 08:17 PM
Hello from El Paso chickies! Yesterday was the travel day from ****. I left my house at o' dark thirty and was supposed to be in Alamogordo around 1:00, but I ended up getting to my hotel after midnight. Most of the day I spent in the Houston airport - lots of weather delays and cancellations. Today was good, the test went well. Things that were supposed to blow up did, and things that weren't supposed to didn't. I leave for home early tomorrow, hoping today's bad weather doesn't spill over into tomorrow's flight schedule too.
Food has been pretty good considering, not perfect, but I brought lots of snacks with me, and have mostly lived out of my suitcase, with one meal in the airport yesterday and lunch out today. I am going to walk on the treadmill here at the hotel for a bit, and then see if I feel like eating some dinner. There's an Applebees right next door, but I don't know if I can face a grilled chicken salad again, I had one for lunch. It might be easier just to go to bed. Happy Friday to everyone!

tomandkara
02-22-2008, 08:54 PM
Schmoodle, if you check this before you head out to eat...I believe Applebees does steamed veggies. I think I've gotten a side of broccoli/carrot mix before there. They have almost nothing in the way of vegetarian fare so I think I have to order from the side dishes when we go there.

Kara

cottagebythesea
02-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Schmoodle, Jake and I had lunch just this afternoon at Applebee's. I ordered the grilled shrimp and spinach salad, with the dressing on the side, and it was delicious. I wasn't too sure what was in the dressing, so I just used it sparingly, although it was yummy. Their Lime Fiesta Chicken is supposed to be SBD friendly, but be careful of the side dishes, and they also have a grilled tilapia.

Spiritmagejkt
02-23-2008, 06:51 AM
oooo Texas Hey I'd go to Colters and have smoked chicky or brisket depending if I was being good or bad. I think they do have vegetables there. I miss Colters. Nova Scotia they have NO idea what a real Bbq is here..... or Maine for that matter. Its probably just as well I would end up cheating. Mesquite smoked meat is one thing that I can't pass on.