WW Clubs and Groups - #195--Bale of Turtles Climbing over Obstacles

Itryharder
02-21-2008, 10:36 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds were against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
02-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Hi Turtles,
I am so thrilled with what the turtles are doing lately. I stepped on the scale this morning and have stayed the same--which is almost a miracle since I have eaten out the last two days. Before I started this new thread, I went back and read all the posts from #193 and #194. Then I printed out the stages or phases of weight loss, a few good recipes, and Princess' pep talk.
I've got a weight loss journey book (nothing fancy--it's a section at the back of my WW and low cal recipe loose leaf binder) and every once in awhile I check those out and read them again. So, thanks for all the encouragement from all of us these past couple of weeks. It's been enough to make me really try hard to fight through any emotional issues that always crop up, and it's been enough to make me step up my exercise by ten minutes--both of which are helping me make progress.

Onward and downward! and onto new challenges. My ddil and my dgranchildren are coming for several days. Unfortunately my ds has to work and I'll miss not seeing him. The challenge will be to eat well when they all want to celebrate with fast foods, etc. and the other challenge will be to prepare good foods for everyone to eat while keeping my cool with a packed house. So, wish me well!

Yesterday turned out great. My dd and I took the train into NYC, grabbed a taxi (we splurged) and got to the theatre. We were meeting another friend, the cafe on the corner had no seats left since it was busy lunch time, so I asked my dd if she'd be embarassed if I ate the turkey/avocado on whole wheat sandwich I threw together at home and brought with me. She didn't mind, I ate my sandwich, and that got me through unto dinnertime. I am always very hungry during the day and was prepared. I threw two small apples in my bag and two nutrition bars in case dd and I got hungry before dinner, but we didn't need them.

Play was fun--Crimes of the Heart--directed by Kathleen Turner. Good and simple and sweet and funny. Can't beat that! And it's good to get into the city since it's right here. It's too easy for me to veg out and dust and vacuum and not do anything classy, so I'm making a big effort this year to do more entertaining things.

Well, we went to a semi-fancy restaurant and it was wonderful. Have you ever been to one of those upscale places where people don't eat much? Well, that's what we did. I had red snapper for my entree. I don't think it was as big as a deck of cards. LOL. No kidding! I had a tiny appetizer and a few bites of dessert. Plenty of coffee was called for and we had a wonderful time. Good conversation--dinner lasted almost 2 hours! Egads--relaxing and cozy and great.

So, that's my big city adventure. Scale was good this morning and I'll be right back on the treadmill before I go grocery shopping to bring in food for the kids. (See, before all the encouragement I get here I would have been tempted to go food shopping first. Then I'd be too tired to get on the :tread: and another day without exercise would go by. This is much better!

Gotta run. Keep on posting. We can do this!!!
Judy
234.6/215.6/thinner into onederland :cool:

CherryAutumn
02-21-2008, 12:38 PM
well accountability.
I did not do so well eating yesterday. I used 11 of my flex points but i still have 24 left for the week. Hopefully i will be able to make it last till Tuesday.

Judy - You are doing such a great job. I am excited and proud for you. Just keep up the good work. Now if only i could stop eating just because i can or just because "I want to and no one can stop me"

bandit2
02-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Hi turtles:

Judy - glad you had such a great trip & kudos to you for such planning ahead, good strategy! Keep up the good work & good luck with your upcoming challenge with your family coming. I have confidence in you that you will make good choices & have victory at scale.

My gf came for dinner last night & she brough home made pasta stuffed with spinach & ricotta cheese & marina sauce on top. It was really good. We had caesar salad with it as well as our wine.

This week so far I have stayed within/below points so happy about that.

Everyone else seems to be really doing well. Keep up good work!

Princess1122
02-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Howdy all, sorry I am getting on so late today, very busy day here in the office which is a good thing, the time goes much quicker that way.

Judy: Great job and your trip sounds so fun. We used to do that when I lived in eastern Pa. We would take trips up for shopping and dinner or whatever. We used to go to a place call Mama Leoneys, (sp?) they had wonderful Italian food there!

Keep up the great work everyone!

Princess

Itryharder
02-21-2008, 06:31 PM
Cherry,
You said something so important. You said "accountability". Yes, that's what is going to keep our weight going in the direction we want. It is fine that you went over points as long as you counted them in. I bet you some time during this upcoming week you'll be able to eat lighter and it will all balance out. I can see that rebellious streak in your writing and boy do I know that feeling. I want to do whatever I want to do all the time. However, the big problem is that if I always do what I always did, I'll always get what I always got--which was the ability to maintain my weight at around 222#. That's not a good idea for me! So I think once you realize that we all have similar personality traits--we're not clones but I bet there is not one characteristic that any of can name that isn't matched by half of us--so keep on tracking your food and think before you eat and you'll do great.
:cheer:

Bandit, I can tell this is your week to lose weight. We're near the end of the week and you're doing great. Man, that Wed. night dinner with your df sounded absolutely wonderful. I've never tried to make homemade pasta. I don't think I have the patience for it, but it sounded heavenly.

Princess, oh I remember Mama Leone's. It's been a famous landmark in NYC for ages. Those must have been great visits for you and your mom.

I'm glad my dd has this year off from work and we are trying to do a lot together because she'll probably be back at work in the fall.

Oh, I wanted to mention another site that you might be interested in: It's called hungrygirl@hungry-girl.com. You might want to peek and see if there's anything interesting there for you. From time to time they have innovative and very low cal recipes and food suggestions. Never difficult to make, and they usually point out the food WW style as well.

Okay--made a chicken soup for dinner and I've waited an hour so as not to eat dinner to early--so I'm off to eat now. I'll be back tomorrow.--Ps--my grandson got sick and they didn't come today. Hopefully he'll feel better and they'll be able to come tomorrow.
Judy

234.6/215.6/thinner into onederland :cool:

bandit2
02-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Hi turtles:

Sounds like you are all doing well. Hopefully everyone will behave over the weekend.

I woke up today to a winter wonderland, so glad I was home with it being Friday. Then sun came out & I shovelled drive then did my groceryshopping & paid my house taxes (glad that is out of the way)

Made a beef stew for over the weekend & dd is coming home tonight & she likes it and she doesn't eat enough red meat & veggies with being away from home, so this will be good for her and nice to have all ready with it still being so cold up here.

I have stayed on track this week & hoping for loss. I will w/i Monday a.m.

Have a great OP weekend!

Itryharder
02-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Bandit,
great for you for staying on program all week. Good luck for a :goodscale:
on Monday!
Judy

Lizabeth2
02-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Hello to all Turtlers! Glad your theatre trip was enjoyed Judy. It's been a long time since I went to New York. Never been to Mama Leone's but have heard about it. May get our daughter's together and plan a trip. Would love to see Jersey Boys (though rather expensive!)
Chicken soup on cooking for dinner, with salad. Family coming tomorrow night for baked ham. I have been so hungry, can't figure out why. Went through all my past food journals to see why I wasn't last 3 weeks (hungry)
Cooked little carrots for fill me ups. Cable guy coming. Better get offline. Have great weekend!

Princess1122
02-24-2008, 09:17 AM
Morning all and happy Sunday!

Was home sick with tummy issues on Friday and yesterday, did not go to W/I, I got up and just did not feel well so I let it go for the week but with my TOM it was not going to be a positive experience anyway :D

Cloudy and dreary here today but I am going to go and get in the shower and head to the gym I think... then I have to run to Sams to stock up on dog food and a few others.

I took my youngest doggie to the groomer yesterday, not one of her favorite places to go... lol but they have all started to shed their winter coats and her's was out of control so off she went... When I picked her up they had put little pink bows in her ears, she looked so cute! Of course the men in the house thought they were not so cute and promply removed them which made her happy... but she was supper cute for about a half an hour :D

Since our youngest DS is home this weekend we gathered up the oldest DS and his girlfriend, youngest DS and one of his friends and went to a place called "The Journey". It is an upscale buffet kind of place that has seafood, prime rib, sushi, etc. I did fairly well and counted all of the points plus added a few extra just incase I under estimated. That used about half of my flex points for the week but they are counted and marked down.

Sounds like everyone is doing really well, great job!

I have to get going for now but will check back later on.

Princess

chrily
02-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Hey all, I've been on a serious homework sprint for the last several days. One more chat tonight and the next two weeks it looks like my workload for school will be smaller because of Spring Break already.

I had a bunch of OP days this week and my weight did drop from 237 to 234 so that was a nice surprise. I know I'll fluctuate a lb or two, but I feel a little better. The weekend was kind of bad though. It seems when hubby is home I eat more. I think he stresses me out...:D

Well I'll check back later. I have an online chat with my marketing team for one of my classes in a minute. So good job to all you gals this week. Looks like everyone is doing great!!!! Get feeling better PRincess! So many icky bugs going around.

christina

Itryharder
02-24-2008, 10:08 PM
:cheer: because so many of us are chiming in here even over the weekend.
Chrily, you're doing great. I am so thrilled for you. :goodscale:
Princess, hope you're feeling much better real soon.
Bandit, glad you had the vacation time so you didn't have to get on the road with all the snow.
I had a tough, very tough, time on Friday--also had a miserable cold, and uncertainty as to whether d dil and grandkids could come out--and I overate.
But then, I pointed it all out, wrote down the points and subtracted them from my weekly allowance and determined to keep on keepin' on. Today I felt better enough to get back on :tread: and I kept within my points, so I recovered pretty well. This is the best I can do. Sometimes I can overcome my emotional eating and sometimes I overeat--but I can always count it in and move forward.

:dancer: :carrot: and :cheer: to the best group of turtles!!!!!
Onward and Downward. :cool: Judy

CherryAutumn
02-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Ladies I have had a real rough last 3 days and so i must confess i have gained back all of my weight. I am starting again in the morning. I feel so ashamed but i felt i needed to let you ladies know how i am doing. Thanks for all the encouragement and support.

Princess1122
02-25-2008, 10:09 AM
Morning all and Happy Monday!

Weekend went pretty well, DS was home so we were busy with him and the usual weekend things to do. DS has a chance to go to Italy with my DB and DSIL for about 7 weeks this summer, he wants to go so we got his passport applied for Saturday afternoon, I went a head and applied for mine while I was there... my picture looks like a mug-shot... LOL, the only thing that was missing was the little numbers identification plate underneath :D Oh well, I was not feeling well and standing in the post office for a long time was not making me feel any better but at least it is done.

I did ok on points this weekend, not too badly considering we went out to eat Saturday night.

Cherry: Just climb back on the wagon again, no worries, just keep at it. What happens when you fall off like that for a few days? Do you keep a journal or anything to kind of track what it happening with the over eating and emotional issues? I have thought of starting one of them to see if I can figure out what works when I am over eating and not feeling the best mood wise.

Judy: Glad you are feeling better... Hope you continue to be on the mend.

Chris: School work can be crushing, I hope that you enjoy your spring break time.

Bandit: How are you doing? Tired of shoveling yet :D

Lizabeth: How are you doing so far this week? How did your soup turn out?

I have to run, have a bunch of stuff to do today here at work but will check back again soon.

Princess

CherryAutumn
02-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Princess - Thanks for the encouragement. I tend to get off track when i stop recording what i ate because i am upset at myself for eating more than i should have.

Itryharder
02-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Princess, your son is one lucky guy if he gets to go to Italy. Oh, it looks so beautiful! LOL about your prisoner/passport photo. Somehow they never turn out very well and I honestly don't know how customs can even identify us from them.
Cherry, think about what Princess said. Don't beat yourself up. It's encouraging that you posted here. Remember--each hour is a new hour. Keep reminding yourself of your goal. If your goal is realistic, you'll do fine. Overeating because you overate is not what you want to do. I understand this completely because I do it too. We've got to stop that! Plan and prepare, if you get a little off track count it in and keep on going. We can do anything we set our minds to. :cheer: You can do this. If you get a lot off track, stop and figure out what's eating you and then go right back to the things you know work. Drink your water, shake yourself up a bit and tell yourself you're human and you're fine, and go about your day with positive self talk.
Everybody do well. My computer's acting up a little right now so I'll have to sign off.
Judy

bandit2
02-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Hi everyone - just lost my post so will try again.

Chris - congrats on such a fabulous loss this week.

Cherry - hang in there, I know how you feel.

I was up .4# this week - did great throughout the week, but had some extra's on the weekend so have to really focus this week.

It has been nice up here the last few days, but calling for 15cm snow tomorrow - hoping they are wrong.

Everyone else have a great OP day.

Itryharder
02-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Hi All,
Today has been a good day so far for me.
Bandit, that's a tiny gain and I know you'll knock it off this week.
I need to get on the :tread:, but food is really good.
Take care and be well.
Judy

Princess1122
02-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Morning all and Happy Tuesday!

Snowy and cold here today but the drive in this morning was not too bad, so it is just another day at the desk... LOL. Been busier at work lately so that has helped me to not eat out of boredom, which is a problem for me. I have been to the gym twice so far this week... did about 3 miles which = about 30 minutes, I have my work out clothing with me again today but not sure about the weather so will have to wait and see how the day progresses before I decide if I will work out this evening or not.

I have signed up for a Zumba class with my DS girlfriend... looking forward to it! I have heard that it is lots of fun and great exercise with low impact so I have signed up for a 7 week class and also I am going to try yoga again and see how it goes. It is a basic class so it should not stress my neck too badly and I will talk to the instructor on the first night to make sure that she knows that I have a problem with my neck and to warn me about any moves that may aggravate it. Looking forward to having something to do besides just going home and following the same old routine :D

How is everyone doing so far this week?

Bandit: I agree with Judy, you will knock that off in no time... heck a good trip to the potty could equal .4 lbs. :D

I have to get my nose to the grindstone here but will try and check back on my lunch break.

Have a happy day all!

Princess

CherryAutumn
02-26-2008, 12:27 PM
well this weekend it was looking like i was back up to 219 but i weighed myself this morning since it is my "Official" weigh in day and i am still at 217.5. So even after horrible 3 day weekend i MAINTAINED! Yay!

chrily
02-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Looks like we had some ups and downs over the weekend, but we ALL are bouncing right back. That's a good thing!!!! I myself had kind of an off weekend. For some reason, weekends + husband + kids = disaster for me. Part of my problems is our weekends are so unstructured. During the week, we have a schedule so that makes it easier for me to stay on track. Anybody got any good weekend tips to keep me on track????

Well sorry for my shortness...yet again! But my Darling nephew baby is with me today. I think I have him again tomorrow too. MY BIL got a job, but he does split shifts all the time (11 - 1 and then he goes back at 5). Kind of a pain but at least they have an income now, unlike this house. It is still a struggle and I'm praying every day for it to change, and change soon. I'm not sure how I'd put a second job into my schedule to help pay the bills. It's soooo frustrating and scary.

Well gonna go, maybe fold a few clothes or do some homeowork before my little mister wants another bottle....:)

Christina

Itryharder
02-26-2008, 05:23 PM
Cherry,
Weigh to go! I'm so happy that you got on the scale because it was the "time" to do it and.....you had great results! :goodscale:

Chrily, unstructure and uncertainty are often the "doom" of me, so I hear you. I guess you could try and schedule a few things even though it's the weekend and see how that works out. My dh would love to take day trips on the spur of the moment when we were very young. We'd head out without any notice--he didn't like to stop--and doesn't like to eat during the day--doesn't get hungry until about 7pm and then eats non-stop. Anyway--my point is that I had to have foods ready to go. I always kept a simple broiled chicken in the fridge and hard boiled eggs. Those were grab and go foods along with a Diet Coke that let me have fun and still not starve. Maybe you can assess one thing that gives you the most trouble on the weekend and come up with a plan to overcome it.
In the meantime, good luck with more income. I hope the payers start playing it fair and start paying you. :goodvibes:

Princess,
Wow! You move on the treadmill. I am up to 40 minutes and in that time I can do 2miles. I'm thrilled with that, but you are really moving. :tread: Weigh to go!

Today I'm trying to eat less and move more. Babysitting again for dear grandson, but I'm also needing some rest so hope dd gets home soon.
You all take care and be well.
Keep on taking care of yourselves.
Judy :cool:

chrily
02-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Princess, it is a good day for me if I can go for more than 20 min on my treadmill. I have a hard time using it...period. I went to a gym for for a year and got used to their treadmills. They were so nice and comfortable. You get on a cheaper one and the thing vibrates and doesn't have the same smooth movement. It just throws me off. Well, not literally...I just have a hard time finding a good stride on it.

Judy-thanks for the advice. I think that's what I need to do is get a snack attack plan for the weekends. If I'm going to munch my way through, I may as well do it on some healthy food.

Well off I go again. I have to figure out how to make all my marketing team members happy. I have five members, 4 of which agree on doing a weekly chat on Sundays and 1 that wants it on another day. This person drives me nuts. She hasn't showed up for any of our chats so far and hasn't really put in any viable input into the project and then she has the nerve to tell me it sounds like I'm singling her out and that I don't want her on our team. Well duh...I want a good grade and I don't want someone riding my coattails to get a grade they didn't work for. I hate team assignments. I prefer to work alone-at least I'd be assured it would get done and that whatever grade I got, would be the one I earned.

Okay...ttfn. Waiting for a response from my Website design teacher too. In our assignment she keeps talking about a html page we are to be using on this assignment and we never even created it in the first place. Kind of confusing....

Christina

Princess1122
02-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Good evening all, boy oh boy but I had a really busy day at work which is a good thing because I almost forgot what a real work day was like...LOL. It is all good and keeps me from eating mindlessly.

DH is on a business trip for a couple of days so it is just me and the girls (my dogs)... had my grand puppy here last night, my DS and his girlfriend went to a basketball game that we had gotten them tickets for this past Christmas. It was at a location about an hour and a half from here so they spent the night and needed someone to watch their dog... she came and spent the night with us... she is a pound puppy, they rescued her from the humane society a couple of years ago but she still has seperation anxiety issues. She watched out the window for them all evening long and then gave up when we went to bed, she crawled up in between DH and I and fell asleep, she is just a little thing but boy she sure hogs the bed and the covers... LOL. I not used to that as my girls are older and don't get up on the bed much at all anymore.

Went to the gym tonight after work, I am starting to build up my time again and I finally am getting to enjoy it again... thank the lord! I was getting worried there for a while because I was treating it more like a chore then an enjoyable act but I think I am moving past that.

Sounds like everyone is busy!

I will try and get on tomorrow!

Have a good evening!
Princess

Lizabeth2
02-28-2008, 08:06 AM
Hello Turtles! Lost 1/2 lb. this week and then found flu bug! Not OP since Tuesday. Not altogether well yet (promise I won't breathe on anyone) but drinking my water. I won't get on scale until I get OP for a few days.
My chicken soup turned out delicious and I have broth and veggies left. I don't put noodles in , just kkep to side and let each one add their own. Might be a good start for today to have some.
The weather is really frigid and don't know if I'll get out today. May do some lifting of weights at home. :^::carrot:

Itryharder
02-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Hi Turtles,
Chrily, not only didn't I like group assignments in school, I never liked it when it was used as a technique when my children encountered it either. So, I'm sending you :goodvibes: to get past the silly criticism of the member who doesn't even show up and :cheer: that you wrap this up soon. In the meantime, having healthy snacks in the house for the weekend will be a huge help!

Princess,
Oh, it's good to hear you talk about exercise in a positive light again. Yeah, another chore we have to do is never much fun, but enjoying exercise and finding workouts you like and give you energy is tops! I laughed about your encounter with your ds's pound puppy. Sounded like fun.

Liz,
Sorry you caught the flu, but :bravo: on losing weight and keepin' on. Hopefully the flu is almost over and you'll be right on track and where you want to be.

Bandit, how are you doing? I ran across your recipe for Salsa Chicken again and think it might be just the thing for tomorrow night's supper. Princess, I haven't made time to try the crepes yet, but hope to get to them very soon.

Things are hopping right along here. Yesterday my dd and I went into NYC to be in the audience of the Rachael Ray show. Well, we got into the studio, so now it will be fun to watch to see if we actually got on camera or not. I have to say that I've been a huge RR fan and appreciate how she's built her career. She is prettier in person than on TV, is a real natural, and has huge amounts of energy. Because of the way the day played out--left my house at ten, had a granola bar and a bagel as the only food all day (except for 3 very skinny cookies from the cooky tin she gave as our snack of the day) and I made myself some instant oatmeal when I got home at 8:30pm--I ended up with a wacko food day, but way under points. Now I'm heading to WW's for a Thursday WI since I missed my weekly WI yesterday. I'm hoping for good results. What happened this week is that even when I ate more than I intended to eat and disappointed myself, I counted in the points ==took them from the 35 weekly extra points we get, kept up my exercise , and the home scale looks good. Wish me luck!

Okay--got lots to do today to play catch up around the house and food shopping. Take care and be well.
Judy

Princess1122
02-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Morning all!

Busy day again today, yah! Very happy about that. I have my work out clothing with me today and I will be stopping by the gym on my way home...

Chris: I disliked the group projects when I went through college also and many times had to deal with people like the gal in your group. All I can say is that this too shall pass, it just takes forever... LOL. Hang in there, keep your end goal in mind and you will be fine.

Judy: Sounds like you did great yesterday! Lets us know how your W/I goes. Yup, the grand puppy is cute and funny, she normally sleeps under the covers between her mom and dad... kind of funny but she has always been that way. We all love dogs in our family and once our's got used to her she has just kind of become one of the pack and fits right in. I don't think that she was treated very well as a small puppy and then after spending time at the shelter she has proven to have issues but all in all DS and his girlfriend have worked wonders with her and she is very well behaved. I have not had a chance to make the crepes yet either...

Lizbeth: A loss is a loss I always say... sure hope you get to feeling better soon. What part of the country do you live in, if I may ask... we are super cold here today also... ugh!

Bandit: How are you doing? Anything new up your way? Try any new recipes lately?

Cherry: How are you doing? I read that you maintained and that is not so bad either... many weeks I would not mind staying the same as opposed to the scale going up :D

I have to run but will stop back in again this evening.

bandit2
02-28-2008, 02:33 PM
Hi everyone:

Very cold up here today, was -18c & with w/c = -27c but sunny.

Princess - sounds like fun having puppy for sleepover & wtg with getting in your exercise!

Judy - that is cool you got to see Rachel R. I think that would be really fun.

My gh came over for our usual dinner & we had chicken thighs dipped in l/f yogurt then seasoned breadcrumbs then baked in oven. They were really moist on inside & crispy outside - very good.

Have a great day!

bandit2
02-28-2008, 02:34 PM
We took the skin off chicken first.

Itryharder
02-28-2008, 03:31 PM
Bandit, that's another great idea for a recipe. Thanks!

I'm back from my WI and was very pleased. With such a crazy week, I still lost .6# Considering that I lost 2# last week, I'm really proud of myself. In the past when I would have a nice loss, I'd sabotage myself the next week and gain it back. Lots of yo-yo-ing. So, onward and downward for another week. It's so nice to see the start of the week and those new 35 points available! I've lost 19 pounds now and am working my way back into onederland.

you all take care and be well.
Judy
234.6/215/thinner into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
02-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Morning all and a very happy Friday! My favorite day of the work-week :carrot:

Well I am really puzzled, the scale is way up, I have been to the gym three times this week, OP with the food, drinking tons of water... just not sure what is up but that is fine, I will be at W/I tomorrow and staying for the meeting so it is all good.

Bandit: The chicken sounds fantastic! I think I may try that this weekend. We are supposed to get into the high 40's this weekend... yeah! Of course they are calling for more cold and snow next week... LOL but what can ya do?

Judy: A truly awesome job by you! You are doing great, keep going. Any plans for the weekend?

Chris: Did you manage to get all your homework done?

Cherry: How are you going so far this week?

Lizabeth: How are things with you?

I have to run, another busy day ahead but that is a wonderful thing!

Have a happy day all!
Princess

bandit2
02-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Hi turtles:

Judy - good for you! 2 losses in a row - keep it going!

Princess - frustrating for sure when you are doing things right & the scale isn't co-operating. Just one of those things - I'm sure you will have a nice drop soon. Don't get discouraged "baby steps" will get you where you want to go.

Abit warmer today, so now is it snowing - not too hard. But very overcast & gloomy.

Today I am going for a much-needed pedicure - so am looking forward to that. Have a good coupon for 1/2 price & decided to treat myself.

DD coming home tonight with her cat who was fixed & is now getting out her stitches. She is such a cute thing - she stayed here with me while I was on holidays & I really enjoyed having her around. We have an older cat as well and I thought they would fight - but they really got along well, which was nice.

How is everyone else doing?

Have a great weekend.

CherryAutumn
02-29-2008, 11:21 AM
Except for last night i have had a good 3.5 days on poins or atleast within them with flex points. It is warmer here to. Todays High is 56 and Saturdays high is supposed to be 67. I am sure it will get cold again but hey i will take the warm weather without complaint.

Itryharder
02-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Princess,
I know many people who get back into regular exercise have a temporary weight gain which is incredibly unfair. Something about fluids gathering at the joint/muscle sites or something. You have a great attitude and you're doing all the right things, so your weight loss will show up soon. :bravo:

Bandit,
sounds like you're starting your weekend off with some pedicure pampering. Good for you. Enjoy your dd and her dc (dear cat) and have a great weekend.

Cherry, :bravo: and :cheer: for sticking to points for such a long time. Way to go!

Liz, are you feeling better? Hope flu is gone by now. :goodvibes:

I'm preparing food for the baby shower I'm going to tomorrow. I made a garlicky bean dip--WW recipe--and I'll bring a tray of raw veggies to go with it. Yum. I also made a huge mistake and am I glad I baked ahead. Since we know the baby is going to be a boy, I decided to bring my angel food cake made with blueberries to tint the cake blue. Now right here I bet you're all saying, "Whatever was she thinking?" and you'd be right. For some reason the cake overbrowned--probably too much sugar in the syrup of the blueberries and it looks awful. My dd just called and she's coming over with my grandson and I think I'll throw the cake in the trash and bring a plain white one tomorrow.
Gotta run and exercise. My plans for weekend are baby shower and then all our children back to the house for a nice dinner and evening--maybe we can even play games.
Good luck to everyone. This site is doing great!
JUdy

Princess1122
03-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Morning all and happy Monday!

Wow, I woke up this morning and it was almost 60 degrees here, crazy weather! We are supposed to get snow and sleet though later today... crazy!

Well I went to W/I on Saturday morning, gained 1.2, I was not going to stay for the meeting, I was just so mad, but I did, and boy am I glad that I did!

The leader did a thing on basically what I have been dealing with... I guess I am not the only one :D. She started a boot camp kind of thing, basically no more excuses! Here is what she suggested we do and focus on:
* Set Competitive Goals - Keep it realistic but set it high enough that you will work for it

* Take Action - we all know what we need to do, stop making excuses and just DO IT!

* Journal - Every day, everything you put in your mouth, even if you are on Core

* Receive Feedback - Good, bad or ugly, receive it and do something about it and move on.

* Don't Quit - No matter what you do... DO NOT QUIT!

* Celebrate Often - NOT WITH FOOD! - Celebrate with a new piece of clothing, a pedicure, a new book, a bunch of flowers, something! Even on a budget we can do this, give yourself the pedicure, go to a used or bargain bookstore, go to Goodwill or someplace like that for a piece of clothing, etc.

So... here it is for me! My goals!
* I turn 46 in September - I want to be at my goal weight by then, it is do-able, if I can manage to loose a pound a week, I can hit goal. I need to lose 30 lbs to hit the high point of my goal...
* Journal every single day and every single thing I put in my mouth!
* Exercise 4 times a week for at least 45 minutes.

I was at the gym both Saturday and Sunday morning, stayed for an hour and did a bit over 5 miles and some strength training...

I am going to do this ladies, I need your help, I need your feedback, I need your support.

I will be back again later on to see what is going on with everyone... Anyone want to join the boot camp with me? I sure could use a buddy right now :D

Itryharder
03-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Princess,
Count me in! I am sorry you were up on the scale and can understand your disappointment. Isn't it great that your leader hit exactly how you're feeling now! I had a tough weekend and counted in points anyway. Holey Moley was I surprised at what I did at a baby shower and then back at home for dinner. It was almost double the points for my daily flex points. To top it off, I had already dipped into my extra points. So: I am recommitted to do the right thing. Emotional eating Begone!

1. My goal is 17# down by July4th. I know I can do it!
2. Journal everything
3. Exercise at least 3X week
4. By April 2nd. get my exercise up to 3miles on the treadmill
5. Keep on finding high fiber, low cal recipes to help keep me on track.

Princess, you've got a buddy in me. :cheer:
Who else is in for making a real effort and not going backward??????

Best of luck to us all. We can do this!! :bravo:
Judy

Princess1122
03-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Judy: Awesome and thank you so much! I love your goals, they are challenging and very very do-able! This is so great!

CherryAutumn
03-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Princess,
I am with you to. I have been struggling so i need this. Lets see i need some goals.
1. To lose 14 pounds by May 28th, my 25th birthday.
2. Exercise 3 times a week
3. To journal everything even when i have made unwise decisions.

Princess1122
03-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Turtles Boot Camp!

I am so excited!

Great job Cherry!

Princess1122
03-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Good evening turtles! How is everyone doing? It is rainy here, not sure what happened to the sleet and snow, guess it stayed too warm for that, so we have rain instead. I don't mind the rain so much but the amount of mud that the dogs bring in to the house during weather like this is enough to make me loose my head... hmm, I wonder how much my head weighs... LOL... loosing it might not be such a bad thing :D

Food was good today, had a WW entree for lunch and a salad and some grapes, I am so glad to see the fruit selection at the stores picking up a bit. More to choose from, the prices are still so high but I supplement at Sams' club when I can.

I stopped at the gym on my way home... got my 5 miles and 50 minutes in... three down for the week... at least one more to go.

I have a few challenging weekends coming up this month so will be planning and shopping ahead for those, just trips up north to see my mom but she loves to eat out a lot so sometimes it is not always easy. But if I tell her my goals and ask her to go to a certain place I am sure that she will be supportive. I will pack snacks and fruit for travel and to have on hand while I am up there. Have cooler will travel :D

I am off to bed for the evening, DH is playing cards tonight so it is just me and the pups, will go find something on the tube to watch for the evening and call it an early night. I find that staying on track and not over eating is much easier when I have a fairly good nights sleep... if I am over tired I tend to eat a lot at work in an attempt to keep myself awake. But work is picking up so I am not so bored and the exercise is helping me to sleep... things are looking up!

Have a great evening all!
princess

Princess1122
03-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Good morning everyone!

Well I had good intentions to go to sleep early but I got to watching something on TV and did not fall asleep until after 10 PM... oh well, I will try again this evening :D

I am going to head straight home after work today, no work out. I am going to give my body a rest for the evening but I will go again tomorrow after work for the 4th work out of the week. I have chicken out for supper tonight and will do a baked potato or rice and a vegetable.

Have a happy day!
Princess

bandit2
03-04-2008, 10:07 AM
Morning, turtles:

Princess - you sound like you have things under control, so that is a good sign.

Bootcamp is such a great idea - sign me up!

Goals for next 2 months are:
Lose 15# Walk 3 times a week Journal everday Stay OP

Another storm is suppose to hit starting tonight & they predict 30c of snow by Friday. More shovelling - I have had plenty of that this winter. We really have outdone ourselves up here with the snow.

CherryAutumn
03-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Well right now is probably a good time to get started on my goals. I weighed myself this morning and i am up 1.5 pounds from last week. I had a very rough weekend due to my depression and PMS but i am back on track. ( I hope)

Itryharder
03-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Cherry, remember PMS and/or TOM can easily add 3# temporarily to anyone's weight. So, glad to hear you're on board Princess's Boot Camp!

Bandit, I have a feeling all the shoveling you're doing has got to be worth lots of activity points. I feel for you, I really do! Boot Camp here we come!

Princess, chicken and potato sound great for dinner. Thanks for the Boot Camp inspiration!

I gained 3# temporary weight because of the crazy weekend, but I have already taken some off. Yesterday and today were great point wise (even though I had plenty of emotional challenges yesterday--it's just a fact of life for me, but I'm working through them). Today I am skimping on points, got in 2 miles on the treadmill, and am putting myself first as much as possible. Tomorrow is my WI, and I'll see what I do after that. I am taking boot camp seriously and I may go to my mtg. tomorrow, but delay WI one day since I had to WI last Thursday. I don't want to "play around" with the scale, but it might be helpful to do so. I'll let you know what I decide.

In the meantime, :bravo: and :cheer: to us all. Hey Chrily and Liz, are you thinking about Boot Camp too?
Judy

Princess1122
03-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Morning all and happy Wednesday! OMG, we had the strangest weather here yesterday, it was sleeting like crazy and thundering at the same time... I headed for home at about 3:15 and it took almost an hour. There were cars broke down and run off the road all over the place. I said a prayer, asked God to be my co-pilot and eventually made it home. You know, being a WW and drinking all that water has it's draw backs when you are sitting in traffic jams :o. I was afraid that I was not going to make it to the potty in time! But I did and got some chores done around the house and supper in the oven. I also got to bed early which meant that I did not see the biggest loser last night and will have to catch up on it later, but a good nights sleep felt wonderful!

Back to the gym for me after work today! I am feeling pretty good about my boot camp goals. I know that the last 20 lbs is the hardest and can take the longest but I think that I can do it and will work my butt off to make it happen.

Judy: Nothing wrong with delaying W/I by a day or two, the scale does a lot to us emotionally and anything we can do to stay on the positive side of that is good!

Bandit: I hear you about the snow, I am just ready for spring to get here... and fast! I am so glad that you are joining the boot camp! Did you decide yet if you are going to go back to meetings or not?

Chris: How are things up your way? You have to be ready for spring to get here soon too!

Liz: How are you doing?

Cherry: I agree with Judy, I gain a lot around my TOM but I do find that exercising a bit more and drinking a ton of water will help keep the gain down and it helps all of the side effects that come with the PMS and the TOM.

I have to run!

Princess

CherryAutumn
03-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks ladies for the advice and much needed encouragement.:D You ladies are the best.:hug: I feel like i did well yesterday as far as food choices but Monday wasn't the best. I haven't been up to cooking much so my hubby brought food home.:o I asked him to but i still felt bad that it wasn't very healthy.

As far as my goals i was able to record everything i ate yesterday. Good and bad.:carrot:

chrily
03-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Boot Camp??? OMG you had me worried for a bit. I had to really go back and read through the posts. I was thinking-there is no way my body can handle a boot camp workout, it's way to intense. Then I read what you were talking about....so I hope this is right but here is my goals:

1. My birthday is next month and 2 doctors appt, so I will lose 5 lbs by my first appt on April 6.
1 1/2. I will lose 15 lbs by June 9th...in time for the summer
2. Journal it all, even the bad days, esp. the bad days
3. Walk or exercise for 1 hour at least 3 times a week.
4. Eat more veggies and fruit ( I hate this one!)
5. Drink more water

I don't know what to put for what I want to lose. I have 68 lbs that needs to come off my body but the goal that will get me over the hump and make me feel like I am succeeding is when I hit 199 and can consistently stay under 200.

I am having such a hard time. I'm with Cherry, my depression is kicking in big time and I really don't want to go back on meds. I had to do a combo of Wellbutrin and Lexapro before just to get through. I don't want that. Things between me and hubby are very stressed as of late (okay, maybe longer) and I have noticed with that alone, I am making some horrible decisions regarding food. I'm drinking more pop again (even though it is diet) and eating starchy junk all the time. No exercise either.

Well gonna go. I have a kitchen to clean, more laundry to do, and a house full of children today. Spring break, and my sister is lacking childcare, so I'm the "chosen one". I feel like some sort of ninja warrior. :D Check back a little later.

Christina

Princess1122
03-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Just a quick fly-by to see what is going on...

Chris and Cherry: Not really sure what else he said but I was watching Oprah yesterday and he discussed depression and med's. He said that by increasing your Omega's that your body will start to naturally fight depression on it's own. Maybe check out her website to see if there is more info on it.

Talk to you all later!
Princess

Princess1122
03-05-2008, 02:07 PM
I am going to copy and paste this, hope it helps!

An audience member named Kellie has a question for Dr. Oz—is there something you can take to reduce stress? The Truth About Food came up with a possible solution.

The creators of The Truth About Food found 10 London cab drivers who said they were stressed out. Before changing their diets for the experiment, researchers monitored their heart rates for 24 hours and checked their levels of cortisol, which is known as the stress hormone.

Then, unbeknownst to the cab drivers, an actor posed as a demanding client and stressed them out on purpose. Mission accomplished—after a 15-minute cab ride with the actor, each driver's heart was racing and their cortisol levels skyrocketed!

After they were put to the test, the cab drivers changed their diet. Four times a week for three months, each cabbie ate mackerel, haddock, sardines, salmon, kippers and tuna. These types of oily fish contain certain omega-3 acids thought to have a calming effect on the body.

After the drivers had eaten a fish-filled diet, another hired actor tried to stress them out. After this second stressful experience, lab tests on the cabbies' systems showed a 22-percent reduction in cortisol, the hormone that measures the amount of stress the body is feeling. Dr. Oz says there was also a 12 percent reduction in some of the other stress hormones, including DHEA, as well as a 25 percent improvement in their memory.

"Our body is responding to the facts that it gets inside it, and when the liver sees trans fats and saturated fats … it sees inflammation. It doesn't like that, and it gets you jazzed up to respond aggressively," he says. "But when it sees omega-3 fatty acids, it feels calm."

While many people take antianxiety pills to combat stress-related symptoms, Dr. Oz says this is a short-term solution for most people. "Sometimes you need medication. Sometimes you need help. I'm not against that," he says. "But I think we are too quick to cop out and say, 'You know what? Give me the pill,' instead of realizing we can actually get our body to be better equipped to defend itself, especially against stress, because the only time you don't have any stress is when you're dead."

If you don't like to eat fish, Dr. Oz suggests other sources of omega-3 acids—including flaxseeds, eggs, walnuts or plankton.

Itryharder
03-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Hi Turtles,
Well, I'll give you a fast update about me. I bit the bullet, exercised early this morning and got myself to my regular WI. I only gained .2# this week and considering that Monday morning I was up 3#, this is amazing and I'm very proud of myself. The most help for me is to journal, journal, journal on the e-tools for WW's. Even when I've gone over, they use my activity points for the day or deduct from the 35 extra points and I see that the next day is hopeful and starting over and if I really watch it and really exercise, I can do fine. I wanted to lose a pound a week and this week I didn't do it, but I'm aiming for a two pound loss next week.

Downward and onward to us all!
Judy
234.6/215.2/thinner into onederland :cool:

chrily
03-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Princess, thanks for the article. I know I am a major stressor personality. I don't doubt at all I am. I hate fish, but I do have some flax seed and I have fish oil pills too. Acutally, my rheumatologist recommended I try them for my arthritis. I was managing okay for awhile and not that things keep going downhill with money and my hubby, I just don't think I'm handling it so well.

I wish I had someone to talk to about all that is in my head. I can't talk to Kelly because he is part of my issues, and I don't feel comfortable enough to talk to my family. I don't have any friends to talk to either. I've got all this bottled up and no where to put it. He left this morning at 6:30 and I haven't heard from him all day.

To the homework, again. Talk to you later. I just had to see what is happening. I finally got rid of the little people for the day, except for mine. Tis quiet now.

Christina

Princess1122
03-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday... Friday is almost here... oh happy day! Went to the gym last night, got my fourth work out in... I may go again this evening, just not sure yet. OP all week and I have my exercise in... feels good!

I hope that the article helped, I know I will be increasing my Omega 3 intake as well... work is getting really stressful for me so I need to hop on it quickly.

Judy: You did great! .2 gain is remarkable and you should see a nice drop next week... just keep at it.

Chris: Just a suggestion here... do you have a pastor or someone like that, that you could talk to at no cost? The pastor at the church that I used to go to did counseling and did not charge... that is why I suggested it...

I have got to get my nose to the grindstone here but will check back later on.
Princess

Itryharder
03-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Chrily,
Yes, having someone to listen to you would be greatly beneficial. I have an idea, try your local church as Princess suggested. Another idea is to contact medical services at your college. Since you're a student I bet they have people on staff who will be able to help you. Check your college online and see which office could assist you. It probably will be under student services or something like that. We're here to give you a :hug: and :goodvibes: and I think someone you could talk to in person would be just the ticket!

Princess,
Oh, I'm so glad you got through the storm while driving home the other day. It sounded horrible, but you're safe and sound. Thank goodness. Also big :cheer: and :bravo: for you for getting in your exercise already this week.
That's great. Keep up the good work. :strong:

All goes well here. I'm waiting for two repair men this morning. I really don't want to waste time, so I'll work on menus for next week and a shopping list.
Then I'll get some housework done. I have several good books waiting for me and I haven't read the morning paper or had my tea yet, so I'll do that first.
You all take care and be well.

Boot Camp--here we are!!!
Judy

CherryAutumn
03-06-2008, 11:27 AM
Chrily - So sorry you are struggling right now. I know how that is though. I have tried so many meds it is insane and sometimes i get so tired of it but my husband and kids need me to be here for them so i keep trying. When i am not on meds right now i yell at my family when i get stressed and it breaks my heart because they are the ones i love more than anything. Just keep on keeping on. I hope things get better for you.

Judy and Princess - Thanks for all the encouragement ladies. Judy glad to hear you were able to get some exercise in to your day. Princess thanks for the article. I am already taking fish oil and taking vitamins. I have heard that it helps to

bandit2
03-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Good morning, turtles:

Princess - interesting article, thanks. You are really doing great with your exercise, good for you!

Judy - .2# shouldn't even be allowed to be mentioned - should just be the same. You are doing great - next week you will rewarded for your hard work.

Chrily - sorry about your problems, the advice from Princess & Judy is good & hope you get the help you need.

Cherry - Nice job on your journalling - I find that really helps.
Good or bad, record it & be accountable & if you make a bad choice, next time make a better one. Just don't give up - hang in there.

Yesterday was wicked weather but today nice & sunny. More snow for weekend.

So far this week I have done pretty good (only 1 bad night of snacking & that was watching Biggest Loser) go figure. If that isn't inspiration, I don't know what is! So hoping for loss this week. I haven't been walking either - just shovelling every night & with it being so cold, didn't feel like walking after that.

Have a great OP Thursday & remember:

Journal - drink water - exercise - healthy snacks - more water!

Itryharder
03-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Bandit,
Here's a :bravo: for a :goodscale: . Staying within your points is the weigh to do it!!!!! I can certainly understand why you wouldn't feel like walking once you got all that snow shoveled! Our weather is getting warmer here and I told my dh I'm up for walking on the boardwalk as we get closer to spring. I'm good on the treadmill, but I don't handle streets well. However, being at the beach and on the boardwalk is really heaven and the walking doesn't even feel like exercise. Never thought I'd say that!

I'll need a skinny dinner and am thinking of defrosting some cooked shrimp. They're tasty and with a little cocktail sauce they'll make a yummy and easy and low cal supper.

Take care and be well.
Judy :cool:
234.5/215.2/thinner into onederland :cool:

bethz
03-06-2008, 08:39 PM
I was just reading this thread because the name is really interesting, and I get it!

When I was in college, and going through stressful times and relationship issues that I didn't want to share with anyone, I would write all of my feelings down in a notebook, or as a letter. I would never send the "letter", but would read it a day or so later, and see it through different eyes.

Talking with someone who doesn't have a vested interest in the outcome is a good idea. Most colleges have counselling support if you seek it. It might be worth checking into, just to get all of it "off your chest". Pastors and counsellors are trained to help you express yourself even when you don't know where to start. It is hard to find people who will just listen without giving advice...

Just a thought. Have a good day. Don't eat your stress, you've made such nice progress! :hug:Beth

Itryharder
03-06-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi Beth,
This is so incredibly kind of you to respond to Chris. Thanks for chiming in.
Judy

Princess1122
03-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Morning all and happy Friday! Love Fridays! Today is DH birthday but we are going to celebrate it on Sunday when everyone else can be there for a meal and cake... should be fun. They are calling for a snow storm to hit later today... ugh! Not sure about my trip up north tomorrow... if it is too bad out we will not be going.

The scale is not really reflecting the work that I am putting into the plan right now but that is ok... and maybe I will be surprised come Saturday W/I.

I have to run but will check back in later on.

Princess

Itryharder
03-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Princess, good luck on the scale on your weekend WI. :goodscale:
I've got my fingers crossed for you. :hb: to your dh. Have a great celebration. I hope weather doesn't interfere with your plans.

Good luck to everybody. Keep on tracking in the Boot Camp and keep your eyes on the prize!

Today has been challenging for me, but I've got some extra points available if I need them. I boosted my exercise today and I'm up to 2.5miles in 50 minutes. Part of my boot camp promise is to get to 3miles in an hour--using the interval technique. :tread: I made good progress today. Hey, today eating right feels like pulling teeth and I have to remember that some days eating right is a lot easier. So onward and downward to us all. See you in onederland!
Judy

bandit2
03-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Hi everyone:

Princess - hope your w/i went well
Judy - good job with your exercise

It has been snowing since yesterday afternoon nonstop - they are saying this is the worst storm of the season. Earlier I drove to store to pick up a few things and thought I was going to get stuck on the side-street, snow was very deep then. It is absolutely wicked out there.

I am off again next week for holidays & hoping to tackle some jobs around the house - still working on my basement clearing.

Anyway hope you all have a great weekend & better weather than here.

Judy - walking on the beach & boardwalk sounds divine. I am definately jealous!

Princess1122
03-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Morning all, happy Sunday!

W/I was not at all what I hoped it would be... down .8, so I am not making my goal at this point... but I will keep at it! I did review my journal and found that I may not have had enough protein and maybe a bit too many carbs so I will work on that.

We had bad weather here also Friday and Saturday morning so we did not head up north... I took my DH to lunch for his birthday though, had a bowl of veg soup and a salad with fruit and I took my own dressing with me so that I knew what I was getting... not a bad choice.

I have to run, we are having the family over today for DH birthday supper and cake and presents so I have lots to do.

Princess

Itryharder
03-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Princess, :bravo: on your loss! That's almost a pound down and you're in the right direction. Great choices for lunch out. You're doing the right thing. I hear you about the carbs and protein and that's something I have to address too. I'm thinking of a pork chop for dinner tonight since I haven't had red meat in a long time.

Bandit, oh my goodness!!! The worst storm of the season following the really tough snowy winter you've had. This has to be getting old. Glad you're holding up. Good luck on good eating and everything else.

All the Turtles,
Good luck this weekend and keep Boot Camp in your thoughts right up front.

I've had lots of social activity this weekend, but have counted in points and gotten in some exercise. I've got good plans for today and my dh and I are going to relax and enjoy ourselves after entertaining last night. We hosted another mystery party which was fun. I had a bit of trouble cooking, but I've pointed it out and all the leftovers are gone or in the garbage. Yay!

Gotta run--just wanted to chime in and catch up.
Judy

bethz
03-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Maintained at weigh in on Friday. Probably good news since I am PMS (although being perimenopausal, PMS can last awhile...LOL!). I also have been using all of my weekly flex points. My best losses comes after TOM.

I need some tips on managing evenings and weekends better. How do those of you with families plan meals and snacks (and stick with it!). Any tricks out there?

Thanks ahead of time for your support. :hug:Bethz

chrily
03-10-2008, 12:30 AM
Hey all...
Beth and all who gave me advice. Thank you very much. Right now I'm riding the stress train. I had a homework assignment I've been working on for hours that I just can't get a handle on so I turned it in with what I had and now I'm decompressing with you fine ladies.

I did do counseling at the church for awhile. I did not quite connect with the gal there. I had some bad things happen to me when I was a little girl and that I just don't normally put much thought into. She kept telling me I was holding back and not willing to walk through the muck. I just couldn't get through to her that I just didn't feel like crying over it all, it was the past and I guess I just didn't really see what she wanted me to do. She was frustrated with me and I was frustrated with her because I hadn't a clue what her expectations were and what she was after. I like Beth's suggestion of writing letters as kind of a journaling my feelings things. I could do that.

Well needless to say, my weekend was blown to bits. I haven't been feeling really well and I was scrounging for any kind of food that would take the nauseous feelings away. I think I'm getting my daughter's virus. I keep getting dizzy, nauseated, and am very tired. (and NO I'M NOT PREGNANT! :D)Tomorrow it's back to work and a vacation away from the girl's Spring Break vacation. They go back to school tomorrow and I love them to death, but am sure glad to see them go. It's like after 2 days they are bored and getting on eachothers nerves.

Well now that I've decompressed a little, got the assignment at least turned in, I think I am now going to take a nice HOT bath with my latest read...

Love you gals!

Christina

chrily
03-10-2008, 12:31 AM
p.s...

Bethz-planning is my worst thing too. I am absolutely horrible at it. So maybe we could work on that together. :hug:

bandit2
03-10-2008, 02:10 AM
Hi turtles:

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Well, we got through the storm & they were right it was definately the worst this year. But today was so sunny & with all the storm it was very beautiful as well.

As I mentioned, I am off this week and am going to be getting some more things done around the house & planning some point friendly menus.

My goal this week is to walk everyday, stay OP and basically get really serious about bootcamp.

I know if we all pull together we will have great results.

Hang in there everyone & good luck with the upcoming week!

bandit2
03-10-2008, 10:13 AM
Good morning, turtles!

Hope you are all starting off the week on a positive note & all planned out for today.

Just did my w/i and am down 2.8# this week. So happy about that - feels like I have been rewarded for all my shovelling. Today I am going to pre-plan most of my meals for this week so I don't get side-tracked with being at home. And have somethings already prepared in fridge to help with making better choices.

Well, off to tackle some of that basement. Have a great "turtle day"

Princess1122
03-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Morning all and happy Monday!

The weekend went well and of course it was over far too soon :dizzy:

Bandit: A huge congrats! I know that you are feeling really positive right now and you deserve it! Have a great holiday!

Chris: Hope you get to feeling better soon! The flu bugs that are going around are no fun at all!

Judy: Your mystery parties sound like a ton of fun!

Beth: I don't do so well on the weekends either... I do plan meals for each day and try to keep fruit on hand to snack on... keeping busy helps, doing projects, crafts, chores around the house... etc.

Well I need to get some work done. Have a great day everyone!

Princess

Itryharder
03-10-2008, 11:27 AM
Bandit, :goodscale: That is incredible! Weigh to go! :bravo: Gee, that's really inspiring. Maybe all that snow was a blessing. LOL.

Bethz, :goodscale: to you too because it looks like right about now the scale should move downward. Weigh to go! :cheer: As far as snacks,
this may sound dopey, but I find that frozen grapes make a great snack. By the time I eat the 20 grapes that are one point, it takes a long time because they are so cold and I'm "over" the craving. I also keep "diet" hot chocolate in the house which is only 25cal. and it soothes the chocolate craving. I think there is also something of value in making popcorn for you and your family--instead of the higher calorie chips and things. The kids don't need the extra fat either. Hey, I take lower calorie tortillas, cut them into 8 pieces, spray a cooky sheet with Pam, sprinkle the tortillas with garlic powder or seasoning--pepper and salt--and toast them up. You get 8 chips for one point, less fat than crackers. Then I'll make a ffyogurt dip throwing spices into the yogurt. First, I drain the yogurt through a sieve to get rid of the excess water. Is it like sour cream, not really, but it's okay and a lot less calories. I'll also keep peppers, carrots, and celery sticks ready for snacking.
I guess I'm in a Boot Camp frame of mind and I'm willing to do these things to lose weight!

As for me, I'm still hanging in there with recording everything I eat. I used to make believe that a cookie or two didn't have to be recorded. Do you think that's why I "plateaued" LOL. So, embarassing as it is, I record every BLT and get on with it. After a heavy eating day I have been able to get back to lighter eating the next day. I have also stepped up my exercise and know that will help. Yesterday I got up to 2.75miles on the :tread: and although I don't like to spend my time doing that, I also know that it is key to my shuffling up my weight and knocking some off.

Here's :bravo: to us all for making a great effort!

Good luck to us all,
Judy

CherryAutumn
03-10-2008, 11:36 AM
It is so encouraging to read your posts ladies and i could really use the encouragement right now. I have stuffed so much bad food in my mouth the past few weeks that i am ashamed. I weighed myself this morning and I am at one of my all time highs of 224. I know i can't give up or it will only get worse.
To all the ladies with losses or even holding steady - Congratulations on the weigh in.
Judy - Thanks for the neat tips and ideas on snacks. They sound good.

Itryharder
03-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Princess, You and I posted at the same time. So here's a :cheer: for getting through the weekend and :dance: for getting through a day at work. You're doing great and thanks for starting Boot Camp. It was just the kick I needed to get off my duff.
Judy

bethz
03-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Judy: thanks for the good snack suggestions. I do like the tortilla chips and salsa, or saltines and salsa; feel like I get a lot for a few points. I like the idea of the diet hot chocolate for the chocolate cravings, and the frozen grapes. I have never had frozen grapes...

I did well today:
B: english muffin, egg white, ff american cheese
L: rye bread, 1oz turkey, 1oz swiss cheese, grapes, 2 clementines
S: pretzels
D: 4 shrimp, 1t cocktail sauce, 2oz leftover chicken, lettuce, tomato, cucumber salad, 1T italian dressing (I was going to make chicken fajitas, but my son made dinner for us).

Drank plenty of water.
Did not get any exercise.(Lunchtime was very busy for me)
Lost one pound with a sneak peak at the scale. Official weigh in not until Friday!

Chirily: Glad you are feeling a little better, and that you are figuring out ways to "de-stress". Hot bath and a good book sounds great!

Have a great evening everyone! :hug:Beth

bandit2
03-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Hi turtles:

Bethz - welcome to our group, I am sure you will fit right in & any new suggestions are always welcome.

Judy - you are really doing great with keeping your exercising going. Keep it up!

Hope everyone is off to a great start this week!

chrily
03-11-2008, 12:51 AM
Chatty little group today, aren't we? I had to work, then had a required chat with my marketing team for my class and now here I is!

Judy, loved your snack suggestions. I love frozen grapes too, as long as they are not too sour. I'm going to have to try some of your tortilla chips. Those sound good. I'll have to say "YUCK" to popcorn though. I have never liked the stuff.

Bandit-congrats on your weight loss.

Bethz-Welcome and all that stuff. You'll fit right in and am really looking forward to your tips, tricks, and insight. I can always use some inspiration.

Cherry-Been there too and am struggling with being on my all time high. I feel it right with you sweetie! Here's a :hug:. I gain, get frustrated, cry alot, and then jump right back on the wagon (most of the time.)

Well Princess, sounds like you had a good weekend!

Okay..I'm not sure if I am fighting a flu bug or if it's something else. I will be fine, and then taste or smell something and I am instantly nauseous. Like today for instance, I went to eat a cherry slice candy at work and it touched my tongue and I was instantly sick. (Not that it was a bad thing, though...:smug:) My chest keeps feeling slightly tight and I am just beat. When I can't get enough air, I have panic attacks so today was a day of unease for me. I calm down and do okay when I take my allergy pills, so maybe it's just allergies playing havoc on me. God knows, I have enough of them. It is so hard to handle though because there is always some little voice in the back of my mind trying to tell me that there is something seriously wrong. Usually when I feel this rotten, it is because of something wrong.. The sickest I have gotten is when I have too much yeast in my system or when the sulfasalazine I was on for my RA was creating liver toxicity. That was the worst and I thought I was going to die. Well enough ramblings about the icky tummy, guess I'll just stick with what is working-my trusty ol' Tylenol allergy/sinus med.

check back tomorrow....

Christina

Princess1122
03-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Morning all and Happy Tuesday!

According to the weather man we are supposed to be warming up today... yah! I am ready for some warm weather and sunny skies! Went to the gym yesterday after work and got my 45 minutes in and will go again this evening and basically every evening this week because I did not get any cardio in this past weekend.

Judy: Great snack ideas!

Beth: Your menu looks good!

Bandit: Sending you warm weather vibes... LOL. I know you have to be as sick of the cold and snow as I am. We saw film footage of your area on the news the other day... OMG! You sure did get a lot of snow!

Chris: Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Cherry: How are you doing today?

I have to run but will check back later on.

Princess

Itryharder
03-11-2008, 11:06 AM
:welcome3: to Bethz! Glad to have you here with us. You'll be a big help to us and I really like that you posted your menu. Good ideas!

Chris, feel better soon. We're all pulling for you. :hug:

Cherry, don't give up. Today is a new day and you can baby step your way through it. :goodvibes:

Princess, good for you for the :strong: and your determination.

Bandit, keep shoveling!!! It's great for the :goodscale:!

I'm running out the door, but had to brag that I made 3miles on my :tread: yesterday and I see the results on the scale. Tomorrow is my official WI, so I have to work very hard today not to sabotage myself or my WI the way I've been prone to do in the past. I'll check back later, but in the meantime good luck to us all and Boot Camp--here we are!
Judy

bandit2
03-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Judy - sending you "skinny vibes" for tomorrow Good Luck!

CherryAutumn
03-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Hey ladies i am still here and reading everyones posts. I did good yesterday and that is a step in the right direction. I will try to post more later.

Princess1122
03-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Good luck tomorrow Judy! You deserve an awesome W/I!

It is sunny here today and in the 40's! Yah!

I just wanted to stop by and see what was going on...

Talk to you all tomorrow!

bandit2
03-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Hi turtles:

I was looking through some recipes and made a point-friendly side dish.
Baked cauliflower with tomatoes:
Break cauliflower into florests, add 1 chopped onion, 1 clove of garlic mashed,
16 oz diced tomatoes & some pepper. Put in dish, cover & bake for about 40 min at 350. It was alittle runny so I drained it & put back in hot dish. Sprinkled with parmasean cheese & served. It would be zero points without the cheese. Also some extra spices wouldn't hurt.

Talk soon.

Itryharder
03-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Bandit, thanks so much for the skinny vibes. I can really use them!!!!

Cherry, weigh to go. :cheer: :bravo:. It's putting together the days we do well that really gets us to goal. Yay for you!

Hey, can I go on for a bit about myself? I seem to be in such a better place since we started Boot CAmp. On Saturday when we had our second mystery party, I indulged--could say overindulged--. The difference is in the past I would have been disappointed in myself, had a pity party, and stayed off program. Well, duh, that sure wasn't working as I have been maintaining my weight somewhere between 200 and 222# for a very long time now. Ugh. The difference now is I faced the music, pointed out every single bite of food that I ate (even to the point of using half points where needed), took the extra food from my weekly 35 points, and kept on going! I stopped sabotaging myself and allowed myself to lose weight. I also stepped up the frequency and quality of exercise and that's helping me too. I'm trying to be more thoughtful about what I eat. I have come to terms with the idea that not every meal has to be fabulous. It really is okay to have a salad for lunch if that helps my weight loss. So, I'm experiencing lots of growth in this corner of NY. It feels good, and I have to remember this the next time I have disappointment in my life and am tempted to eat to soothe myself. This is the feedback I have to give myself to keep on keepin' on. :grouphug: to all of you for the inspiration and great ideas you keep coming up with and thank you!

Judy

Itryharder
03-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Princess, thanks for the good wishes.
Bandit, I think that veggie casserole sounds delicious and healthy and point friendly, so I'll be making that soon.
Have to admit I still haven't tried the crepes yet, but I have the recipe in my low cal binder.
Our messages crossed in cyber space, but here's more :goodvibes: to us all for keeping on track, getting on top of our emotions, planning and preparing, and taking good care of ourselves.
Judy

bethz
03-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Hello, ladies! Hope those of you who are ailing get well soon!

We have a Biggest Losers at work. I weighed in today and lost 2 pounds this week. :carrot:Official WW at home weigh in on Friday. Hope I can maintain this loss...

Plan for the day:
B: english muffin, egg white, ff cheese
S: clementines
L: rykrisp crackers, banana, grapes
S: Pretzels
D: tortilla, chicken, brocolli, salsa, cheese
S: saltines and salsa
Water: plenty
Exercise: 20 minute hall-walking (about 1 mile)

Busy this evening putting together photos and music for boys' basketball banquet this weekend. Also have photo display boards laid out...just need to tape the pictures on... Guess what I am doing tomorrow night?!

Going to visit grandchildren with my son this weekend. Traveling and staying on-plan always a challenge. Wishing you all a wonderful will-power filled week! :hug:Bethz

Princess1122
03-12-2008, 09:19 AM
Morning all and happy Wednesday! It is going to be a sunny and kind of warm day here today, always great for a mood pick-me-up! I am heading up north Friday morning to spend the weekend with my mom and I may try and find a WW around her to W/I on Saturday morning... not sure if my monthly pass will be good at a different location but it is worth the try and if not I will pay the 13.00 or what ever the cost is these days. If not then I may try and go to my regular location when I get back on Sunday... just not sure yet. I am on track for the week and feeling pretty good. I noticed that I have slept much better the past few nights so maybe the exercise is finally working it's magic.

Judy: I am just so proud of you and your new level of determination and accountability! You are a true inspiration!

Bandit: The recipe sounds great! I will have to try it soon, I am always looking for side dish ideas so it will come in really handy! Oh, did you watch the biggest loser last night??? I was so hoping that the two that got to come back would not be the two that actually did but oh well, what can you do? I was not happy that I stayed up to watch the end only to find out that they will show the actual vote next week... Ugh!

Beth: Biggest Loser at work, that sounds very cool! Can you tell us a little more about how you guys are doing that? Is it company wide or something that just a few people are doing? Love the menus that you post, gives me great ideas!

Chris: How are you doing so far this week? I stepped up my omega complex supplements that I take and I have to say that I feel a difference... better over all, sleeping better, calmer, etc. So maybe there was something to that article that I posted...

Cherry: How is it going for you? I was glad to hear that you had a good day the last time you posted, it always helps my mindset when I have a good day, pushes me to keep going.

I have to run but will check back later on.
Princess

bandit2
03-12-2008, 10:17 AM
Morning, turtles:

Judy - you really sound right on track and in a positive frame of mind. That is excellent & really sets a good example for all us rest. Keep it going!

Bethz - congrats on your loss - that is really great and your work challenge sounds like a fun idea. So many times at work, someone is always bringing in goodies & easy to get side-tracked, so thinking what your company is doing will help everyone there.

Princess - I am sure the other centres will accept your pass. That is part of the whole ww concept - you can go all over the world. Good luck with your w/i as well.

Cherry - Glad you had a good day yesterday & remember "One day at a time"
will do wonders.

And, once again I woke up to snow. Enough I need to shovel this a.m.
Enjoying my week off & so far keeping on track. Has been fun to go back through my recipes & journals and get some ideas I have forgotten about.

I am sure you have tried this, but new to me so I will share. My snack last night was: 1/2 cup 1% plain yogurt (put in small container & freeze 1 hour)
then I squirted some chocolate sauce on it before eating. I couldn't believe how close to ice-cream this was & I really enjoyed it. I counted 2 points for this & so well worth it. Really felt like I was doing a "big cheat"

I am glad we all seem so focussed at the same time.

We should all do a big "Cheer" like they do on biggest loser!!!

bethz
03-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Being a school nurse I am trying to improve my health to set a better example for the students and faculty I work with... heck, I'm even writing about my progress for the state's school nurse newsletter. Talk about laying it all out there. I write weekly emails to the faculty about my progress.

We decided to do a Biggest Loser at work from March to May. Three people joined. We all put in $5 and weighed in. Each week we will weigh in: if we gain, we contribute $1/pound, if we don't weight in we contribute $1. We will let the faculty know our total weight loss each week. At the end of May, the participant who has lost the most weight by percentage will win the "prize" money.

Kind of a fun way to get people motivated! Have a great day everyone! :hug: Bethz

CherryAutumn
03-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Looks likes things have been really busy around here since this thread is starting to get long. Yesterday wasn't the best day and yet it could have been much worse and like Judy i went ahead and recorded it anyway.

Judy - It sounds like you are doing great. You are very encouraging to me not to give up right now when i am struggling.

Bandit - thanks for the great recipe. It sounds delish.

Bethz - Congrats! on the weigh in. 2 pounds down is fantastic.

Chris - Hugs to you. How are you doing?

Princess - our high for today is 75 but it will drop some tomorrow. It does give a good boost to the morale to have some sun.

Princess1122
03-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Oh my goodness Cherry, if you are in the US then you must be down south somewhere, lucky you! 75... oh what I would give for 75 degrees right now! =)

Beth: The program sounds fantastic! What a great way to work it! You are much braver then I am... I am not sure I could put it all out there like you are doing and you are to be commended for it! Fantastic!

Itryharder
03-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Okay Turtles,
I really have to open up a new thread since we've been eating up cyber-space. Hey, I wonder how many points that is!
Judy
:cool:
See you at #196 Bale of Turtles