Weight Loss Support - Looking for some DFW losers!

View Full Version : Looking for some DFW losers!

feffyy
02-16-2002, 02:07 AM
Hi all,

I am a 31-year-old stay at home mother of two. With over 80 pounds to loose. I would like to meet some people out there in the DFW area who would like to be a loser too!:dizzy: Or anyone with over 80 pounds to loose!:)

So far I have lost 25 pounds and can't wait to get the rest of this awful weight off!

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Feffyy

235/210/128 (82 pounds to goal:^: )

asta
02-18-2002, 09:54 AM
I am also in the Dallas area. I have 2 kids and am a stay at home mom. I started keeping a food diary and exercising regularly a little over a year ago and feel very successful. It has gotten a little harder recently.

asta
327(start 12/30/00) /225(current) /177(initial goal)

mel17
02-19-2002, 11:31 AM
Hi,I'm in north east Texas, in a rural area and I need a friend to give and receive support. I have a son, and I work in home:(
I'm new to this area and don't really have any (friends). I thought this might be fun? I'm almost 31, and need to lose 100lbs. for health reasons, as well as to make me feel better about ME!

feffyy
02-21-2002, 10:09 AM
Hello ladies,

I am so happy to meet the two of you!:)

Asta, OH MY GOSH! CONGRADULATIONS ON LOOSING OVER A 100 POUNDS ALREADY! WOW! I bet you feel soooooo much better! Sounds like you are really ready to get rid of this weight! Did you gain after having kids? Or have you always been overweight? For me it was just after my daughter was born. About 2 years ago got down to 170 pounds, then had back surgery and gained it all back plus some. Frustrating! But now I am back on the down hill roll, and going to get it off for good!

Mel17, how cool to be able to work out of your home, what do you do? Are you married? I hate moving and trying to meet new people, it is sooooo hard. I use to be really out going but now since I have put on so much weight I have become a hermit. I know that people don't care about me being over weight as much as I do, but it does make a difference in the way I present myself, and makes it hard to make friends. We are pretty new to this area also so you and me are in the same boat!:)

My week is going along slow, I have to go and see my family in July, and they haven't seen me since I was 170 pounds. They are all thin, and I will just DIE if I have to see them before I am able to take off at least some of this weight.

Well hope you two are having a great day! Hope to hear from you soon.;)

feffyy

235/210/128 (82 pounds to goal:^: )

mel17
02-21-2002, 10:48 AM
It is cool working at home sometimes, but it's hard too! I eat out of stress & boredom. I raise show dogs, that's my job, we've got 2 litters on the way! Then I'll be homebound for a few weeks, taking care of puppies. I don't get to exercise like I should, but what can I do? I did buy a treadmill, and it's in the middle of the living room, now theres no excuse!
I look forward to getting to know you, and thanks for the warm welcome!
Mel

270/goal 170

asta
02-21-2002, 08:52 PM
Hi!

I have struggled with weight and overeating ever since I can remember, but I really packed on the pounds when pregnant.

Nice to meet all of you.

asta

mel17
02-21-2002, 10:51 PM
Hi ladies,

Asta, I did the same thing. In school I really struggled with my weight, but when I got pregnant it just got out of control. I was 148 before and got up to 200 during my preg. then after delivering my 8lb. 15 oz. son, I was at 180. That was 11 years ago, and every year is worse. I'm determined to get it off this time, and I won't quit! This support group is a great inspiration, and so are you! I look forward to getting to know y'all better.
thank you all!

Mel

270/ goal 170

asta
02-22-2002, 08:38 AM
Hi!

Mel, it seems like it just gets harder every year. I too am really determined to get the rest off. I seem to be stuck here right now and it is very frustrating.

asta

mel17
02-22-2002, 09:19 AM
Morning!

Asta, don't get dicouraged, you're doing great. I hear alot of people, get to a point where their weight will level off and then if you keep at it, it'll come off. Keep your chin up, keep smiling, you're doing great! You're doing great too, Feffyy! I'd love to know what y'all are doing, because I am having trouble getting on track? Well, I need to get up and move around a little!!! Have a good day! :D

Mel

asta
02-22-2002, 09:46 AM
Mel,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm going to go play tennis and work out this morning. I just got back from walking my son to school to get a little fresh air, that is always encouraging.

asta

mel17
02-22-2002, 02:16 PM
I'm not sure about how to keep myself going? I get discouraged and I'm at a loss of will-power.:( Asta, what types of things do you do everyday, and what types of meals do you cook? My family is ok with grilled chicken salad, but what else is there?:?: I would appreciate any ideas, or words of wisdom! Thanks, Mel

feffyy
02-22-2002, 09:01 PM
Hello ladies,

Wow we really all have allot in common.

It seems that we are all going threw the same thing. Sometimes I don't think staying at home is all it's cracked up to be. I get so board and just feel like crawling the walls sometimes.

We live in an apartment, but would like to be in a house. We have been saving for about 6 months, and trying to get the credit in good shape, so hopefully soon. I am a little bummed because we just missed out on the perfect house because of a credit issue.:( So me and my hubby haven't been getting along for the last few days. But today seems a little better.

I was inspired today when I stepped on the scale though! Another 3 pounds gone!:D YEAAA!!! So I went to the store and got some hair products, and highlighted my brown hair. It looks ok I guess, but it doesn't make me look any thiner!:p

You both seem to be just as frustrated as I am about getting off this weight.

Asta, I think that is awesome that you play tennis, and walk your son to school! I have a hard time just getting my butt of the couch. I am just so inspired by you!

Mel, that's good that you got a treadmill, try just doing it for 10 minutes a day at first, then gradually do more. This way you won't get burned out. You were asking about what type of meals to cook? Well what I am doing is a diet I got from a doctor. It works! It's basically low fat low carb, but you can eat as much as you want, whenever you want to eat. The key is just to eat foods on the yes list. If you want to know more just ask and I can go into more detail if you want.

Well I better get going for now........ Talk to you soon feffy

235/207/128(79 pounds to goal:^: )

asta
02-23-2002, 09:23 AM
Hi all!

As far as getting off of the couch goes. I started out walking (and not very fast at that), then I added other types of exercise. One day, I was very bored on the treadmill and it dawned on me that I had always loved tennis and that I should play. The main reason that I didn't play is because I didn't think that I could find tennis clothes in my size and because I didn't want to show my fat thighs in shorts to the world. I started playing in an indoor (air conditioned) league at a very low level. I was terrible but it was fun. I finally decided that the world could see that I was fat regardless of whether my fat thighs were exposed or not. I also discovered the Junonia catalogue with activewear for large women. I have slowly learned to love my exercise. I play tennis as often as I can and I walk or bike outside when weather and time permit. I also rented a locker at my gym and I keep a tape player and I rent books on tape to listen to when I exercise. I sometimes find myself going back in to exercise after tennis to hear the next chapter. I'm 41 and about to hit the bifocal stage and it makes it really hard to read on the treadmill or elliptical etc.

My advice would be to find a hobby that you truly enjoy that also involves moving and pursue it.

asta

feffyy
02-23-2002, 09:51 AM
Morning!:)

Hmmmm motivation.......

I was think about what you said Asta, and something I enjoy is swimming. I did this allot last summer, but quit when winter hit. The problem is that the only indoor swimming pool I can find is at an expensive health club. At my apartment we do have an indoor weight room though. I was thinking of giving the tread mill over there a try.:^:

Who do you play tennis with? I use to play that about 10 years ago, it is allot of fun.

Well had a good day yesterday. I did well on my eating, and wore my AB-energizer in the morning and at night. Can't wait to really start seeing a difference!

Asta, what do you do for work?

Mel, how cute to have puppies on the way!:p What a fun job you have! What type of dogs?

I can't believe I only have 7 pounds till I am in the ones again!:D I haven't been under 200 pounds for a long, long time! I am so excited! Hope I don't hit a plateau.

Talk to you soon! feffyy

swimmerbabe
02-23-2002, 07:50 PM
I am from the DFW area too.....north actually. I have lost 24 lbs that i have kept off and am hoping to lose another 7 by summer....all it is going to take is a little work....I'm almost 18 and a Senior in high school.

Good luck
Katie

mel17
02-23-2002, 08:40 PM
I don't know what I did, I posted a reply and it's not here? Well, I'm still trying to get on track, but with my family, it's hard. Every weekend they want to eat out, and I'm getting nowhere. I won't give up, I'm still learning how to make good choices! Congratulation on all of your progress, I'll be happy when I have something to report!!! Feffyy, we raise Pitbulls, and please don't believe everything you hear. It'really is all in how you raise them, mine are all spoiled babies and I love them (they keep me going too). Asta, I love the audio book idea, I'm definitely going to try that. Thank y'all for all of the ideas and encouragement. Also, feffyy I'd like to hear more about your diet plan. I'll be back!
Mel

mel17
02-23-2002, 08:47 PM
Good evening! Today was so beautiful, we went to the mall and walked for a few hours. I was worn out but it was great! I have a question, What kinds of things do you order at restuarants?
I'm really struggling with my food choices, so I'll be thankful of any help I can get! Thanks again ladies, Mel

feffyy
02-24-2002, 10:39 AM
Good morning all!

Nice to meet you swimmerbabe and welcome!:dizzy: Congrats on loosing 24 pounds so far!

Mel, I have a friend that has a Pitbull, hers is a baby too. I totally believe that is IS how they are raised. Any type of dog treated with love will grow up loving.

As far as going to restaurants and what to order, one thing I do is stay away from Mexican food, and Italian restaurants. Neither one of them have anything low fat to eat. Try and stick with steak houses or seafood establishments. Or even some place with a salad bar. Any place will be fine as long as they serve grilled chicken for fish. I always order of them and ask the waiters if possible to have the cook use very little to no butter. I tell them I am diabetic this way they will for sure do what I am asking ;)

Also you asked about the diet plan I am on. Well it's pretty easy there is a YES list and a NO list of foods. You just eat only from the yes list. You can eat as much as you want any time of day you choose. This diet is from a doctor and was designed for people with a large amount of weight to loose. The weight loss is fast too even with out exercise. And it's healthy!:) Ok here goes:

NO LIST
-------------
Red meat or pork
Butter
Dairy
Grains, bread, rice
Corn
Peas
Pinto beans
Sugar

YES LIST
------------
1 B-vitamin a day
Eggs
Any fruit
Any veg except (peas, corn)
100% juice
Grits
Honey
Chicken
Fish
Any beans except pinto
Butter flavor-cooking spray

got go go for a few be back later with more info..... feffyy

asta
02-24-2002, 08:02 PM
Hey gals!

I am a stay at home mom, so mostly I spend my time running carpool, scout leader, church stuff etc.

I pretty much play tennis with anyone who will play with me. If you want to start playing I would suggest that you try to find a clinic or group lessons first. That way, you can get some instruction and meet some other players at your level.

asta

mel17
02-25-2002, 08:37 AM
I'm so excited, I lost 4lbs. :D It's a start, and it feels great. I don't know what this week is going to be like, my son is out for Winter break all this week.
I'm getting better about my exercise, yesterday my husband slept in, and I got up and walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes. Let me tell you, I really felt energized after that! It's nice to be able to share this with y'all too, thanks again for your help!

Feffyy I printed out the list you posted, I'm gonna try it, but if you have any more tips or info. I'd love to hear it!
Asta I know what you mean, my son plays football and basketball, so we stay pretty busy. Right now, he just finished basketball and we have a break for a few months. More time to go to the Gym! I was thinking about joining one of those water walking programs, but I'm not prepare to get into a bathing suit? :o I guess shorts & a T-shirt would be ok? One step at a time for now. Are you on any specific plan Asta? If you are, I'd love to hear about it too!

Thanks for the help! Mel

270/266/170

asta
02-25-2002, 08:47 AM
:strong:

I'm not on a specific plan, I just shoot for 1500 calories per day. I keep a record of everything that I eat. I have an appointment with a nutritionist at the Cooper Clinic tomorrow morning. I'll pass along any good info that I get from her.

asta

mel17
02-25-2002, 11:17 AM
Asta, I'm going to try to keep a journal, and I'm still walking as much as possible.
I think we're going to the gym tonight, we didn't go but 1 time last week because my husband was sick. I can finally drive again but my hands are still weak from the surgery so my husband is going to come get me after work! I walked a mile on my treadmill this morning, but I still like going to the gym, and the more exercise the better, Right! Y'all have a good day! Mel

mel17
02-26-2002, 08:29 AM
Boy is it cold, I can't believe how big of a change we've had in 2 days!
How are y'all?
Asta, how was your visit with the nutritionist? Any new info?

I stayed with my diet really strict yesterday, Feffyy your Do's And Don't list is helpful. I haven't stayed with exactly what the list shows, but pretty close! And I felt so good I walked 3 miles, 1 at home and the other 2 at the gym!

Well, I'm gonna go for now, y'all enjoy the cold ! Have a great day ! Mel

feffyy
02-26-2002, 12:53 PM
Hey there girls!

This is a nice little group we have i think:D

WOW mel 4 pounds! GREAT!!!!!

I am glad you are going to try this diet. For me it is the only thing that works. I have tried low fat, counting calories, counting fat grams, slim fast, and WW. Actually just about everything that is out there! This one works for me because there is not thought involved. (well not too much anyway) All i have to do is only eat what is on the yes list. Like i said you can eat as much as you want, any time you want to eat it. When i am faithful with this i loose about 16 to 20 pounds a month. Now there will be times when two weeks go by and you loose nothing. This is just a plateau. STAY WITH IT, IT WORKS!:) I notice right away my heart burn goes away, also i feel like i have more energy! Tell me how you are feeling too ok!

Some of the things i eat allot of are eggs, and frozen hash browns. I fry them with the butter flavor cooking spray.... remember eat as much as you want. Another thing i do is make soup allot. Here is one of the soups i make:

This makes allot!

4 frozen chicken breast
carrots
potatoes
onions
celery
and for seasoning i use "Season All"

fry up the chicken and onions in cooking spray, then add veg, and seasoning. This soup is AWESOME!

Something i like to eat with the soup is fried grits. Get some of the instant grits, make them in the microwave, then pour them in a pan over cooking spray on medium heat and fry. Kind of like a pan cake. They become crispy and taste like corn chips.

something else i like to eat is potatoes! mmmmmmmm
you can make mashed with using "cambels" chicken stock for flavor and salt and pepper etc. These are good also fried up like potatoes.

I have a ton of recopies if you want more:)

Oh one more great thing to make is smoothies! Get some frozen fruit for fresh, and mix them in the blender with apple juice or OJ and a little ice. One thing i like to add is about two teaspoons full of "sugar free vanilla" instant pudding. Makes them taste like an orange Julius! Yummy!

If you stick with this and really watch out for hidden sugar you will take of weight like crazy! Read the packages and make sure they don't contain any "high fructose corn syrup" this is sugar.

Use honey, oh one more thing, try this for dressing for salads..... most fat free dressings have sugar in them. Make three parts honey to one part mustard, two tablespoons vinegar, and season with "mis. Dash" (or what ever seasoning you like) This is YUMMY, also put hard boiled eggs in salads. Just be creative! If you have any questions just ask ok!:D

Talk to you two later! Have a great day!

feffyy

Luckymom1
02-26-2002, 02:52 PM
HI Mel17 :wave: Bn lookin ever where for you and the others. Missed chatting. :cry:Was lonely. Lucky I found you. Lucky :lol: Trying to get the hng of ths. thought I would let you know I hve lost 1/2 lb. :^: That's bettr thn nothin. Meet me in general chat at 3:15 EST. :jig:

swimmerbabe
02-26-2002, 11:09 PM
Hey ladies....this weather is miserable isn't it? Makes me not want to leave the house....so much for my walking. I am still painting though. Anyway....i am trying to eat enough and well, but not too strictly. I'm going to throw out my stupid scale, but last time i did that I gained about 40 lbs. while it was gone. Oh well.....I have quite a while before i need to have it all off, by my graduation the first of June. The next day i leave for Cancun so i definetly have to have it all together. I am going to weigh on Monday mornings. I think that sounds like the best time. Motivation for the week

Ya'll have a good one
Katie

mel17
02-27-2002, 07:33 AM
I usually love the cold but this is too much!

Hi, S.B. you've done great up to now, just keep it up! It's better to do it now because it really is much harder as you get older. I'm 30 and I've had to fight keeping my weight down all my life, but after my son I just lost control of it. I wish I'd kept at it but I didn't, and now it's really a job to get any of it off. But with y'all helping, I'm not giving up! And you'll do it too!!!

Feffyy, thank you for all of your tips, I'm trying to count calories too, just too see what my daily menu averages. I also started a food & exercise journal, so that I can find out what needs to change. Those recipes sounds good and easy, just the way I like them. I have some cookbooks too, but they make everything seem so difficult!

I'm trying to stay off the scale until Monday, but it's so tempting. I know if I get on and don't see a change, I will probably get discouraged and I don't want that to happen.

Asta, how did your visit go with the Nutritionist?

Y'all have a beautiful day, Mel

Luckymom1
02-27-2002, 09:38 AM
Good Attitude :wave: Hi, it's me Luckymom. Nice to hear from the younger set. I get discouraged. Mel17 is right it is harder when you are older to lose the weight so keep the faith and hard work. Sounds like you got it going on. My weight plan asks that I weigh in daily and keep a meal log. I've fallen down on the log book. Plan to start again. That's what it's about :lol: Keep trying. Plan on starting aerobics is you haven't heard :strong: Wish me luck and pray for me. I need both. Thanks for replying. I really need the support. Talk at you later:wave: Bye

asta
02-27-2002, 09:44 AM
Brrrrrrrrrr!

I was supposed to play golf this morning, but the course is frozen. The visit with the nutritionist went really well. She loved my food tracking software for the palm. The only changes that she suggested for now were more protein earlier in the day and upping my fiber goal from 17g to 20g. I will go back in a month. It really helps to check in with a nutritionist, because they have plastic food to help you visualize portion sizes.

stay warm!

asta

feffyy
02-27-2002, 10:21 AM
Good Morning all you beautiful ladies!:)

Ok, going to make a confession. Two days ago i had PIZZA, AND MOVIE THEATRE POPCORN! Ok i feel better now. It is so frustrating to feel like a criminal just for eating the wrong thing. I looked around me at the movie theatre and saw just as many skinny people eating popcorn. NOT FAIR! hehehehe Well anyway, i have been back on track now for two days and i am feeling strong again.

Asta, that is a really great idea to see a nutritionist. When i was doing WW they showed me the plastic food portions and wow are they small. I was reading about how in America over 60% of people are overweight, and they were saying that this is due to how our food portions are so much larger then in different countries. It's amazing to me how little food we actually do need to be healthy and survive.

Welcome Luckymom!:dizzy: Nice to meet you!

Swimmerbabe, how much are you wanting to loose before your trip to Cancun in June? I am also sort of on a deadline. In July i am going to visit my family that hasn't seen me since i was about 177 pounds or so. I will DIE if they see me before i can take some of this weight off! I would like to loose about 50 pounds before i go.:^:

Mel, sounds like you are on the right track! I know you will see results no matter what you try! I think the hardest thing is just starting and you have already done that. So it's all down hill from here.:D

I can't believe i sent my kids to school today in sweaters! BURRRRRRRRR!!!!! This weather is crazy, now they are talking snow in a few days.

Talk to you all soon!

feffyy

mel17
02-28-2002, 08:13 AM
Well, yesterday was a bust but it's on for today. I made some bad food choices but it ain't over till the thin lady sings! So I have to work harder, and gain more will power to get through this but I know I'm not perfect and that's fine with me! I bought some audio books to listen to while I walk, so I'm ready to turn up the heat and get skinny!!!! :lol:

I'm not thrilled about this snow coming in, I love to be outside on the weekends and my husband was planning a fishing trip for the family. :( I know it'll be gone quick, so I'll get over it, and just spend the time at the gym!

Feffyy, I proud that you confided in us, remember that sometimes you gotta live a little. It's alright to treat yourself once in a while, with a movie comes Pizza & Popcorn. We won't give up, and we'll help each other be strong.

Asta, it sounds like you had a good visit with your Nutritionist! Keep up the good work everyone!

Mel

feffyy
02-28-2002, 09:13 AM
Morning!

Hmmmmm I don't know what is going on. I think I am bloated. I gained back two pounds overnight. I am a little frustrated. My period jumps around so I never can tell when I am going to go on it for sure. But I think this is what happened.

I am glad that this is the last day of the month though. I keep a record of my measuments and weight that I do once a month on the 1st. So for me it's sort of a new beginning. Looks like I am only going to be able to put down a 5 pound loss for February though though.

My new goal for the end of March is to see the 100's!:D I know I can do it! By the end of March I will be at 195 pounds!

Mel, that's a good attitude to have! I am going to try and be that way too. And not beat my self up to much for not being perfect.:)

Talk to you later girls!

feffyy

235/209/128(81 pounds to goal:^: )

feffyy
02-28-2002, 09:18 AM
Hey I forgot to ask..... How do you add a pic by your name? Like the one of the puppy you have mel, and the one of the flower you have asta.

feffyy

mel17
02-28-2002, 10:34 AM
Feffyy, I don't know, it added it for me? And as for the 2 lbs. Maybe you need more water, I think your body retains it when you're not getting enough!

I'm about to go get on my treadmill and work off some calorie from yesterday!
Good luck with your short term goal, you can do it!

I think I should set a small goal too, instead of 96lbs total. OK, I want to lose 16lbs. this month! I guess I'm going get started on that! have a great day! Thanks for all of your support!!

:dizzy: Mel

Luckymom1
02-28-2002, 10:55 AM
:wave: Mom's bck. Feffy my cat was added when I signed up. The program asked me to pick and I did. As for the two pounds Mel is right your body tends to retain water more if it thinks it is being deprived. Try plain water. Soft drinks have sodium bicarb which will encourage fluid retention due to the sodium. Drink enough soda and we will all look like the Good Year Blimp:lol:
I am trying to set small goals too. 100 lbs is to far away. If I can lose 10 lbs I would be happy. :D Hope you do alright with the smaller goal. See ya!:wave:

feffyy
03-01-2002, 01:57 AM
Sigh,

Well I had to face something ugly today.

I bought a new scale. The one I had was very old, and I knew it was a little off anyway. As most bathroom scales are. I figured if I was going to be serious about getting this weight off I needed a serious scale. So I went and got one of those expensive Doctor accurate scales and WOW mine was more then a little off. Sigh. It was 30 POUNDS OFF!:eek: HOLEY COW! (no pun intended)

But I am glad I did it. Now I know my "true" weight. And the worst is behind me now.

Thanks for the advice on drinking the water girls. I took it and have been drinking H2O all day:)

I think we are on the right track about small goals at a time. Little, by little we will get there!:cool:

I am also going to be more realistic about my ultimate weight goal. I was trying to shoot for 128 pounds. I don't think I have weighed that little since I was in middle school. And the more I think about it, this would just be to thin for me, and may be just leading me towards failure. All threw High School and when I first got married I weighed between 135-145 pounds. This was pretty thin for me. It put me in a size 9-12. I am 5'7" tall so that is a healthy weight for me, and I feel comfortable there. So I am going to change it to 138 pounds!:D

As always thanks for being there for me, and thanks for listening. Talk to you all soon!

(ps. since my scale was 30 pounds off I am changing my start weight also.)

feffyy

265/239/138(101 pounds to goal:^: )

asta
03-01-2002, 08:44 AM
Good morning girls!

feffyy - bummer about the scale being so off. I got a new scale a little over a year ago and checked it against the dr's scale and they actually matched, so I go with that one.

I played tennis for 3 hours yesterday in a little tournament and I really hurt today. Every part of my body hurts, I think that I may be coming down with something, I'm congested too. My period also started.

Well, enough complaining. We got a 3 1/2 month old Golden Retriever puppy on Wednesday and he is adorable. I'm hoping that his need for walks will help get the whole family moving a little more.

Have a good weekend!

asta

mel17
03-01-2002, 09:23 AM
Hello ladies!

Feffyy, that's a bummer about the scale, but don't let it get you down and out. You can do this, so don't worry about what those scales say, just keep at it and it'll pay off! :smug:

Wow! Asta, you go girl!:D I know I couldn't handle an hour of Tennis at this stage, you're doing great! Sorry you're feeling under the weather, everyone has been sick here too, it's that time of the year again! I hope you feel better soon!

As for me, I was hungry all day yesterday! But I still did pretty good with my eating, except I had a little too much sodium because I'm retaining fluid today. :?: Didn't get to go to the gym today after all, my husband pulled a muscle on Monday and it's still bothering him. I did walk on my treadmill though. I'm still hyped up about the whole diet & weight loss plan, seeing a little loss really helped with that. I can honestly say that I want this more than I've ever wanted anything,and I'm determined to do this! Just need a little encouragement for time to time!

Anyway, I'm ready to get my day going! I hope y'all have a good one!

Mel

Luckymom1
03-01-2002, 09:47 AM
:) It's me MOM. Just signed on for a brief hello have a call coming for some work at 10:00 a.m. EST
so cn't stay. I am so happy for everyone. Seems we are all heading in th right direction. I plan on doing the aerobics tonight after work. We will see how that turns out. It's been nearly 2 years since I last did something like this. No, I did not weigh in but I am keeping a food log only had 1600 cal yesterday. :lol: Small success. Headed down Dr. says I need to be on 1200 that's hard. Will try again today. ;) See ya Later Gators :wave: Luckymom1
:cool:

feffyy
03-01-2002, 01:13 PM
Morning all!

Well yesterday was a little hard to get threw. But today I am starting over! I really need to stop obsessing. I am so stressed out about going to see my family in July that it's hard to think about anything else. I was stressing out about weighing 209 and trying to get some weight off before I go and see them. Now I feel hopeless. No matter how much I take off I will still be overweight when I go. So what I am going to do is just try and accept things the way they are, and do the best i can!:D

Asta, WOW! three hours of tennis? That is awesome! Sorry you are not feeling well:( . Everyone at my house had it about two weeks ago BLAH! Get some antibiotics and snuggle up with your new puppy and you will feel better in no time:)

Mel, I love your attitude! That is how I feel also about wanting this more then I have wanted anything! Also good job on doing your treadmill!

HI luckymom, Sounds like you are doing great! Let us know how your aerobics class went ok! Also great idea on keeping the food log.

Talk to you all soon!
feffyy

mel17
03-01-2002, 04:52 PM
I'm still going like the energizer bunny!!!!

Feffyy, I know you're still upset about yesterday but I hope you stay with that new attitude! :) Your family will love you, no matter what you weigh. :love: I know you want it bad, and you'll get there, just don't give up. :smug: Take one day at a time, don't think about how to get through the week, concentrate on what you can do today.

:D Thanks for listening to me, and being there for me too! I really appreciate having y'all to share my feelings with! I don't have any friends here, and it's nice to have someone to go through this with me.

:^: Please forgive me if I ever say the wrong things, I truly do mean well, and I enjoy being a part of this! Sorry I'm so sappy, for some reason I just feel a little sad. Maybe the ugly weather! I think I'll go take a walk on my treadmill, that'll perk me up!

Y'all are Great! Don't worry, Be HAPPY!!!!!!!!

Mel

feffyy
03-02-2002, 02:21 AM
Thankyou for the pick me up mel!:smug:

Hope you are not feeling sad anymore after the walk on your treadmill.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

feffyy

265/239/138(101 pounds to goal )

mel17
03-02-2002, 08:57 AM
Good morning!

I think today is going to be a brighter day (not weather wise?), I felt really good as soon as my eyes opened at 5:ish! Unfortunately, I never got around to walking yesterday :( my husband came in from work early and had other plans. So, today I've got to make up for it, and I sure am glad I have a treadmill cause I'd hate to have to get out in this freeeeeeezing cold! Oh, I'm so excited, we went out to eat last night and y'all would have been so proud, I stuck with my plan and ordered a chicken salad, and drank lots of water! Maybe that's why Ifeel so good this morning!!!!!! :D

Feffyy, always remember that you're special and if you want to lose weight enjoy doing it. Obsessing is not good for you, and makes the diet plan harder to do! Anyway, look at what you've lost already, don't worry, the rest will come off too! (DWBH - don't worry be happy! my new motto) :lol:

Asta, how are you, doing better I hope! How's that new puppy, lots of fun I'm sure! I love puppies, and with my job I better, right! :smug:

How were aerobics lucky, I'm sure you'll be plenty sore today but you know what? Being sore is a good thing cause you can actually feel that you're changing your body for the better! :D

Well, I'm off to walk the treadmill of life :) or something? You ladies have a happy weekend!

Mel

Zoe
03-02-2002, 03:54 PM
Hello everyone!!! :wave:

I'm in DFW too and was so happy to see this thread! I started a similar thread WAY BACK but there weren't any DFW's here....this is great!

I live and work in east FW. I'm 46, married and have 2 children. I have been a 'professional dieter' for many years but now want to get rid of this extra weight once and for all!! I have about 47 more pounds to lose but this is a tentative number. I really do look THIN at 150-155 (I'm 5'7") so as I get closer to that, I will re-evaluate this number.

Hope you have room for one more.......

Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas
220/195/148

mel17
03-02-2002, 04:15 PM
Good afternoon!

Hi Zoe, it's nice to have you! Always room for one more! Sounds like you're doing great, look forward to getting to know you! Good luck :D

Mel

feffyy
03-03-2002, 11:10 AM
Good morning everyone!

I am trying to stay positive, but been a little hard lately. I know I will feel better once I see the pounds go down on my new scale. I have had it for 4 days now and not a change so far.:?: I think some of it may be that I am still bloated or something. But I am going to stick with it! I know I have to see a change soon because I have been doing great on my eating. So for now I will try and stay positive!:)

Zoe, WELCOME!:wave: Nice to meet you. Glad you are joining us. We are the same height. What body style are you? I am an hourglass believe it or not under all of this extra padding. hehehe I remember when I weighed 155 and people would guess me at weighing 120!

Mel, I'm so proud of you!:D Great job having the chicken salad! That is soooooo hard to do in a restaurant! And I think what makes it even harder is that no one around you understands what a sacrifice you have just made! hehehe Well we do, and I just wanted to pat you on the back.

Asta, hope you are feeling ok!:( Haven't herd from you in a few days, and you said you felt like you maybe coming down with something. Hang in there!

Luckymom, let us know how the aerobics class went ok!:) I am sure you did great!

Later for now all!

feffyy

feffyy
03-03-2002, 11:13 AM
I forgot to ask, is everyone ok with this thread being as long as it is? I know some people have a hard time with their computers keeping up when it gets long like this one. I am ok with it, but you all tell me if you want me to start a new one ok.

feffyy

asta
03-03-2002, 11:42 AM
:( Hey there, I definately have something, achy, fever headache...
see ya'll in a few days.

asta

Zoe
03-03-2002, 02:04 PM
Good Sunday Afternoon everyone!

Thanks for the welcome. I am so happy to see some DFW-er's here on 3FC. :)

asta ~ Hope you're feeling better soon. I was out of commission with a fever of 104 about 3 weeks ago. Rest up, that's all that will get you going again. Hey, what kind of puppy do you have?

Mel WTG on you staying on track when you went out to eat. I have the hardest time when we're out and that seems to be my problem.....we go out to eat so often.

feffyy ~ I think you and I are alike.....have an hourglass shape no matter HOW big we get. That's a big plus for us ~ makes us look like we weigh less than we do. I could never fit into Lane Bryant clothes since they are made for "fat" women and even though I tend to be one of those....(ugh, sorry, that's an aweful term), they are made to ballon out in my lower back and I have nothing there to fill it out. :?:

About the thread being so long....if I can put my 2-cents in even though I'm new here.....I get lost when it even goes to page 2 :lol: so if y'all want to pick a number that we won't go over, whoever gets to that number can start a new thread. If you keep it long like this, that's fine too. I'm agreeable to anything. :)

Well, thanks for allowing me to be here and have a wonderful Sunday afternoon. Here's to a great new start tomorrow.....

mel17
03-03-2002, 10:56 PM
Good evening!

I know I said I like the cold but this is rediculous, come on Spring!

I had a nice weekend of sitting around the house, trying to stay warm. Although I didn't get around to walking today, I did pretty good with my eating. I choose to have the night off, since I did so well for the rest of the weekend, even saying that, I still didn't do to bad tonight! Now, I should be pleased when I weigh in tomorrow morning, right? I'm not feeling to great either, stomach cramps and head aches, probably my body saying feed me. :^:

Feffyy, I have no problem with the thread as it is, but do what you think is best! I'm glad your not giving up on the positive attitude, you're doing great!

Asta, I hope you get well soon, we miss you!

Zoe, thanks for the kudos, we tend to eat out alot too, and it's really hard finding things that are ok to have, but I'll keep looking anyway. It's nice having you too!

Lucky, I hope you made it through the soreness, it'll only get better now! How was it? Good I hope!

Well, it's that time, I'm going to go get some rest so I can start all over tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dizzy:

Good night

Mel

mel17
03-04-2002, 09:08 AM
:D Yippy! I weighed this morning, and I've officially lost 8lbs in 2 weeks! That definetly lifted my spirits, and should keep me going for a while. I know it's easier at the beginning, but it sure didn't seem like it? I guess there must be something in the air, cause my Asthma is giving me problems lately, and it's been harder to walk in the past couple of days. If I have too I guess I'll do my breating treatment before I walk and maybe that'll help?

I hope y'all have a wonderful day! WARMER!!! :)

Mel

270/262 /170

feffyy
03-04-2002, 09:26 AM
Morning all!:)

Hope everyone is having a great morning! IT IS SOOOOO COLD! BURRRRRRR I grew up in Colorado and I don't ever remember being as cold as I have been here in Texas. But then again I don't want to complain to much because this is still better then the Texas summers! A little to hot and muggy for my taste.

Well I did great again yesterday on my eating. I even made some chicken chili. It turned out pretty good, and I made a big pot of it so I will have some for the next few days.

Well, day # 5 with new scale and still no change. SIGH:( If another weeks goes by and still nothing then I will have to re-evaluate and do something different. Keeping fingers crossed!

Poor Asta, Get some rest and get to feeling better! Miss you!:(

Zoe, I know what you mean about the clothes for "Fat women" I hate them too. They don't fit my shape at all. They make me look twice my size. I wear allot of black, and things that streamline my figure. Like long black skirts, or dresses with a long button down shirt over them. Crop pants are nice too. I have even bought shirts from the maternity isle because they are usually long but are fuller at the bottom. I really don't think anyone would ever guess my "true" weight. I have skinny hands, feet, ankles, face and neck. I kind of look like a large size Jessica Rabbit.:lol:

Mel, don't you get sick too!:( Take some vitamins:smug: Sounds like you are doing great on your eating! I hope your scale was nice to you this morning. Have you been on a plateau like me lately?

As far as starting a new thread goes, for now I will leave things as they are. How about when we reach page 5 I start a fresh one up? That sounds like a good even #. I will word it exactly the same except I will put a # 2 by it ok.

Well talk to you all soon! Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day!

feffyy

feffyy
03-04-2002, 09:30 AM
Mel, we posted at the same time! hehehehehe

WAY TO GO!!!!! 8 pounds!:D

Good idea on doing the breathing treatment before a walk.

talk to you soon!
Feffyy

Zoe
03-04-2002, 08:04 PM
Good Evening my fellow DFW-er's :D

Mel ~ CONGRATS!!! 8 pounds in 2 weeks is great!! Keep up the good work. And I agree, this cold weather can GO! I can't believe that we saw snow twice in 2 weeks!! I moved from the Catskill Mts in NY to get away from this.....Spring, spring, spring....where are you????

feffyy ~ WTG on doing so well lately. I am really back on track now and I'm so glad I found you guys here. Don't worry about the scale not moving....I'd give it at least another week. What kind did you say it was?

Well, gotta run....time to get on the treadmill. Have a great evening y'all

Zoe ~~
220/195/148

asta
03-04-2002, 08:10 PM
Today was definitely better! I haven't felt like exercising yet, but the achiness is gone and I can function again. :)

I'll be glad to really get back to normal. We leave on Friday for 4 days of skiing in Colorado. My friends laugh at this but the reason that we are skiing is that I always lose weight when we ski. I had put on 8 lbs in December and skiied for 9 days after Christmas and dropped that 8 plus another 9 for a total of 16 and I haven't had any trouble keeping it off. When I got home from our Christmas ski trip and got on the scale, I picked up the phone and booked another ski trip. My kids love to ski but my poor DH still hasn't gotten the hang of it. He is a real sweetie to go along and help carry all of our stuff when he doesn't ski and can't stand cold weather.

have a good evening!

asta

mel17
03-05-2002, 09:12 AM
Hi ladies,

I sure am glad that Mondays over, for some crazy reason Mondays are always so hard for me! Like every Monday is my first day on my diet? I stay hungry all day, and feel drained. :?: I did pretty good, even though I felt like blowing it! Will-power is a strange thing, you get used to having it, and it gets easier to have it?

Asta, I'm glad you're feeling better, sounds like you'll have a great weekend!

Feffyy, those scales will cooperate, they just need a little time! You and Zoe are right about the cold weather, but I dread summer coming too, moved here from Baton Rouge, La. where it's lots more humid, so this doesn't seem quite as bad. But almost!

At least, I feel I'm breathing better. I think the really cold air was giving me the problems.

Well, I guess I'm going to get my day started with a walk. Y'all have a good day!

Mel

feffyy
03-05-2002, 09:29 AM
Ahhhhh tired this morning...

How is every ones morning going? Great I hope! Does anyone else in here jump on the scale first thing every morning?

Zoe, my new scale is a "Taylor Professional" It was about $45.00 and is supposed to be accurate with the Doctors scale. This is allot for me to spend on a scale that makes me feel bad;) . hehehehe Well maybe it will start going down soon. It just has to, I have been doing soooo great on my eating. I am still going to stick it out! I am just awaiting the day I will step on it and see it start going down. I really need the boost!:p

Asta, Glad you are feeling better. I envy anyone that is able to ski!:s: I am the worlds worst skier! I grew up in Colorado, and every year some times twice a year my dad would make us go skiing. I am the one you see that can't jump off of the chair lift with out taking out a few people with me. About two years ago I gave it another try. Me, my husband and our two kids went to Breckenridge. The kids went to ski school and did awesome, my hubby did awesome, and me, once again fell off the chair lift. I went down the mountain once and kept falling down and wasn't able to get back up. Then my hubby talked me into going down again. I made it half way and after falling the whole way I started crying, took of my ski's and walked the rest of the way down. I don't know why? But I just can't do it. That is awesome that you loose so much weight when you go!:)

Well off to make a pot of coffee for me! Talk to you all tomorrow! Hope everyone has a great day:)

feffyy

Luckymom1
03-05-2002, 09:34 AM
:dizzy: I understand about Mondays. Sorry I can't be in DFW with Asta, Zoe, Feffy and you. West
Virginia is cold, cold, cold. I am still fighting with my scales too. I bought some pickled mushrooms must have alot of salt because I gained without increasing my intake. Made it to aerobics and plan to return this Friday. Walking is difficult in this weather but I try anyway. Hope all of you Texans are fine. Love to be there. Bet you are warmer than me....Got to go :wave:

feffyy
03-05-2002, 09:35 AM
Mel, we did it again:lol:

We posted at the same time.

You sound a little blue. Hope your Tuesday goes better then Monday for you. I hear what you are saying about the willpower thing. I have had a terrible time lately. Your day will perk up after your walk.:)

feffyy

feffyy
03-05-2002, 09:39 AM
Now we posted at the same time luckymom..... hehehe

What a crazy morning.

I am sure it is a water gain if you were eating pickles.... Don't worry you are doing great!

feffyy

mel17
03-05-2002, 09:46 AM
I can't believe we posted together 2 days in a row! Cool, and don't worry about me, I'm just draging this morning. I'll be fine after I get up and get moving! Thanks, Y'all have a good day!
Mel

Luckymom1
03-05-2002, 09:47 AM
:lol: You guys always cheer me up. My coworkers here me giggle and wonder what I am up to. :lol: It's a blast. Thanks again

feffyy
03-05-2002, 10:21 AM
I know isn't that funny Mel. We must be on the same schedule.

That's cool you can get on the net at work luckymom:s: hehehe

Ok, everyone, going to start a new thread, I will post everything the same except it will say #2 after it ok..... see you all there

feffyy