Old 02-21-2008, 07:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Chat Thur Feb 21st

Hey all...where's everyone this am? Pam you usually beat us all. Oh well that's all right. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm sore...but in a good way from my workout last night. I feel great. She did some new things with me last night that were harder and i was able to get through them. I definately know i'm feeling stronger and healthier with my workout program.

Welll 2 more days...i can do it..only 2 days left. Sunday we are going hiking at a new place...its about 1.5 hrs away called cloudland canyon..its suppose to be spectacular...i'll take pics

hope everyone has a great day...good luck all!!!!!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:13 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6

GOOD MORNING!!

GG..I was actually doing some online banking this AM...we got our tax return..YAY!!! Now i have to go deposit half of it at one of our other banks, cause it has a 4% rate, our regular bank only has .75...hope you have a good day today, weekend is in sight!!!

Karen...hope your baby's head is okay!! I remember when Frankie was 5 he had to get IV fluids ( he had a virus & got dehydrated), anyway he had to get 2 iv's..OMG, that was terrrible, so I know what you mean. It's awful to see your baby in pain. Glad it's over, though!! Hope the case ends soon!!

Okay, gotta get rollin early this AM..off to the bank before taking Cady to school. Hope everyone has a super duper Thursday!!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:57 AM   #3  
Fighting to Lose

S/C/G: 175/175/150

Height: 5'9"

Hi girls,

Good morning from the frigid northern midwest. It has -12 here this morning. DS only has half a day of school today. He was supposed to have tommarrow and monday off but is making up a snow day tomarrow. I leave tonight for a long working weekend in Chicago so DH is staying home with DD tomarrow. I am going to try and make sure all the laundry is done and house is clean before I leave. DH didn't take the trash out but then again he left for work at 4:45 this morning. I guess I can't blame him then.

GG hiking sounds like fun. I hope you have a good time.

Well better go get the trash out and pay some bills so I will talk to you all later.
fightingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 08:58 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

First off I apologize for being MIA pretty much this whole week and last weekend. It's been busy around here. I hope you are all doing well! I haven't even had time to read the forums and I'm sure today will prove to be just as busy and I'll never catch up, so today, I'm starting fresh! lol (we'll see how long that can last lol)

I have worked out every day this week, except on Sunday, but on Sunday we went hiking for a bit, so I count that as exercise as well. Today I meet with my trainer at the gym for some PT and then some cardio. I had my weigh in yesterday, first one in two weeks. I was very disappointed to see that I'd only lost 2 pounds in the two weeks and no inches lost since last week either. I'm getting tired of all the counting calories, working my butt off, eating healthy and getting no where. It's very frustrating, but I'll keep on keepin on in hopes that things start to change soon. I have promised myself that this time, no matter how discouraged I get, I'm not giving up! I will say though, that it is very hard to keep moving forward when you're not seeing results. It's times like this that eating healthy becomes difficult too since I'm an emotional eater and lack of results is depressing. Hoping to stay out of the house a lot today so I can't snack all day long!

Hope you all have a great day! I need to go get dressed for my PT appt. Take care everyone!
sapphireheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:25 AM   #5  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Mornin' ladies,

GG, Yay for you, only 2 more days!!!

Pam, rebate already, lucky girl! BTW, are you're kids playing soccer? I remember you saying something about it. Or maybe it was Ball?

Fighting, hello, seems we have the same kind of day, paying bills taking out trash, doing laundry, have a great day!!!

Heather, have a great workout!

I'm just having my coffee, poured a bowl of cereal, and guess what, no milk. So I dipped the shredded wheat in the coffee, have to say, not bad.

Anyone see the eclipse last night? It was pretty neat.

DS went back to school today. I've mopped their rooms this morning. Gotta go and pay the gas bill. Anyone else use gas to heat their home? Its kind of crazy($$).

I worked out pretty good yesterday. Today, the back of my legs hurt. I have to admit, unlike the rest of you, it doesn't feel good to me, lol.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:46 AM   #6  
Magically Delicious!

S/C/G: 132kg/122/80kg

Height: 175cm

ugh. noooooooooooo motivation. someone go to the gym with me!!!!!!!

So I have cleaned 2 rooms of the apartment, or rather the hall and living room. Almost all of the kitchen. I don't even want to THINK about the bedroom. It is a complete disaster area. The red cross needs to be called in for relief!

Hope everyone has a great day! I am off to finish the kitchen!

tooooooooodles!
Nicci
DaDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:13 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Alicia, I just paid a $277 gas bill. That was for 1 month of gas, not even electric! I feel your pain.

Nicci, I hear ya' on the bedroom! When my BIL & SIL were here last weekend, I was soo embarrassed because it was the first time they saw our house and although we cleaned up the "public" areas, the boys room, and did what we could with the office (which is also a staging area for renovating supplies), the master bedroom was a disaster. I wish DH had just opened the door quick, said there it is, and closed it, but NO, he walked them through the room to the pint-sized 1/2 bath!! I think he did it on purpose to embarrass me into cleaning more often.

Heather, congrats on the 2 lbs.!! And all the exercise!! It'll catch up with you, give it time>!

Dawn, DH has to get our trash out that early, because our garbage men are here at 5 usually! It's insane!

Pam, lucky you getting your refund already! We get ours done this Saturday. We don't usually wait this long, but we were trying to get everything together.

GG, Have fun at the new hiking place this weekend! Can't wait to see the pics!

Karen, Hope Cassie's not having too much pain. Poor girl.

Have a great day all! I'm off to look for a job.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning all
We didn't get to see the eclipse- overcast... as usual.

Fighting- sorry to hear about the -12. Sounds like you are getting our weather from last week. We were -25. But now we are having 40's. It was 44 degrees in Palmer (that's Alaska) at 5 am this morning. We are having like an Indian summer. This is like May weather.

I was very bad for dinner last night. I had two peices of pizza with olives and mushrooms. But I did walk on my new tread mill for about 15 min on the steepest incline I could get out of it. I don't know how far I went... I need to get batteries for the tracker.

hopefully here in a couple of weeks we are going on a snow machine trip. There is a lodge up here that is only accessable by dog sled or snow machine in winter and only by boat or plane in summer. (we only have two seasons here) So we are planning to snow machine up the river (55 miles) to the lodge, and stay two days and do some more snow machining while we're there and explore. I will take some pics and post them when we get back.

I know there are alot of beautiful places in our country; I've seen most of em. But I truely beleive I live in the most beautiful pace in the US.

Well, I'm sure my employer would appreciate it if I get to work, So...
Laters
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:35 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Good morning! We made it back to the arctic midwest last night. AZ was wonderful - 70 degrees and sunny. I did gain two pounds though with all of the eating and not much exercise.

I need to get going on laundry from the trip, but wanted to stop in to say hi!

Hope everyone has a great day.
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:52 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 174/160/140

Height: 5' 2"

Lauren, I hear ya on the trash issue. We do not get trash service cause we live in the middle of nowhere, so we have to go to the land fill once a month, and we burn all of our paper. But in Eagle River in the warm months, the residents practically have to meet the trash man in the morning. Otherwise the bears start raiding the garbage cans.
dangergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 240/229/150 mini goal 200

Height: 5"5 1/2

Greetings from ice covered Perryville Missouri! Got to work a hour late today...stayed for 3 hrs and got to go home! I work for H & R block....I work at the wal-mart office. Before I came home I grabbed groceries for me and 3 neighboors! Hubby and kids are home today and most likely will be home tomorrow.

I'm ready for spring!
Moobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/230/160

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone from Chicago! It's cold here today, but nothing like it has been. I, too, am so ready for spring. Someone had asked where in Chicago I am living, and I hadn't responded. Sorry for that. I just moved 3 blocks west of the Sears Tower in the loop. I was living in Lincoln Park before that for a couple of months, but this condo is really close to dh's office.

dangergirl-the pictures of your horses are great, but the picture of your dog is adorable! What a cutie. I didn't realize there was much interest in Icelandic horses outside of Iceland, but I see how they would be more at home in Alaska with those heavy coats. My brother lived in Bethel for several years, and it reminds me a lot of north eastern Iceland.
Have a great day everyone!
Chicago Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:54 PM   #13  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Dawn, welcome back! I was thinking of you today when I was watching Ellen. There was a shot of the Grand Canyon and it was snowing. I don't know if it was real or if Ellen was goofing off. I thought how awful it would be if you were there in the snow. Hope you had a wonderful vacation!

Lauren, ahh, mine was the same$$$. Plus 100++ for electric. GRRR. My Dh loves to show off rooms that if I were giving a tour would be "off limits".

Ds brought home his first progess report with grades, looks like he's doing good. Yay! DD did well too. (BTW, she had the best grades from her "worse" teacher, wonder if that will change, lol?)

Gonna go, talk later!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:27 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

We have started laundry, had lunch and naps - I think I feel a bit more normal now!

Alicia - It did sow in the mountains Friday night in Tucson! But it warmed up the next day, so no biggie. We watched the eclipse last night and DS was looking for the moon again this a.m.! Are your legs feeling any better?
Moobunny and Chicago Jen - Welcome! I am in MN and with you on the ready for spring!
Dangers - sounds like you are having some wonderful weather. Congrats on getting on the treadmill!
Lauren - congrats on passing the test! Sorry about the big heat bill - ours was $322 last month. I about fainted when I opened it... How is the jobhunt going?
DaDuck - welcome!
Pam - congrats on getting the rebate back so soon! It is always nice to have more money in the bank.
Hi GG, Fighting and everyone else!
I better get back to some laundry...
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 05:27 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6

Hey all..

Just a quick fly-by while I am making dinner. Some errands and Cadence has to go to a birthday party today. Gone pretty much all day. I did stop by the library to grab an exercise book and came across the "3Fat Chicks on a Diet" book, so of course I checked it out. Haven't even had time to peruse it yet, will let you know what it's all about!

Gotta run, check on food. Will respond to everyone tomorrow!!

Have a great night, all!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote