100 lb. Club - Whose business is booming because of you?

SoulBliss
02-19-2008, 07:40 PM
Shelby897 started a great thread "Who are you putting out of business" (by not giving them your "diet" or "healthy lifestyle" dollars any longer) http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134859 and it made me wonder the opposite:

Whose business is booming because of you?

I expect Laughing Cow and Skinny Cow to be at the top of this list :lol: but who else?

walking2lose
02-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Ditto on the Laughing Cow, Fiber One cereal, Flat Outs, 100 calorie bags of microwave popcorn (occasional snack), frozen sugar snap peas from TJs, the EGG industry (I eat egg whites several days a week), hmmm... probably lots more, but those are some of the companies getting my business :-)

fiberlover
02-19-2008, 07:49 PM
Wymans - I eat several pounds of blueberries a week!

PhotoChick
02-19-2008, 07:57 PM
The Limited, Target, and Kohls - I have had to buy new pants three times in the last 12 months already. I also had to buy new bras, a few new tops, and new workout clothes.

Local "Whole Foods" type grocery store - I buy more fresh fruit, fresh veggies, and fish and meat from the counter rather than prepackaged stuff in bulk.

The Gym - first time I"ve maintained a gym membership for more than a few months before cancelling. I'm going on 18 months here.

Holiday Farms - Sunflower seeds, roasted unsalted. I buy them by the case practically.

Quaker Oats - I've eaten more oatmeal in various forms in the last 14 months than I think I ever hve my whole life.

mandalinn82
02-19-2008, 07:58 PM
Costco! I eat so much veggie matter now that I buy my produce in costco-sized bags...not to mention lean protein sources and healthy snacks. Have to avoid some aisle, though.

The produce department of my local grocery store, as well as the farmer's market vendors.

Trader Joes, for SO many reasons

The company that makes laughing cows

Dannon (mmm, lite and fit yogurt)

Orville Redenbacher!

BattleAx
02-19-2008, 08:04 PM
The makers of Almond Breeze
Trader Joes
Glad for their plastic food containers
Hanes-maker of the cheap undies/bras in each new size I'm buying when my old ones start to droop
The manufacturer of airplane tray tables-wearing them out from use and I continually raise and lower them through each flight, because I can

mandalinn82
02-19-2008, 08:09 PM
OH yes, Almond Breeze manufacturers and storage container manufacturers!

RealCdn
02-19-2008, 08:13 PM
1. Costco - veggies, meats, fruit, and even the cheese spread I use as a treat comes from them.

I can't think of anyone else that has seen a huge spike, but I'm sure there are some.

junebug41
02-19-2008, 08:19 PM
-The Brooks running shoes people... Partly because my dog likes the taste :devil: and partly because I use them as running shoes/gym shoes/running for the bus shoes...

-Target- I can't get enough of their workout pants

-the company that thought to make huge bags of re-sealable fresh spinach

-the Silk people

nelie
02-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Definitely Costco! I go to Costco twice per week for veggies, fruit, frozen veggies and frozen fruit.

Trader Joe's somewhat and I do buy some stuff from Whole foods (only reasonably priced stuff)

Amazon is also doing pretty well, I tend to buy some healthier packaged items in bulk from them, specifically things like tea, lara bars and clif nectar bars.

Definitely almond breeze, I love the unsweetened almond milk.

Silk because of their soy yogurt.

Macy's, NY&Co and other clothing stores

My local chinese place is also doing very well. They serve pretty healthy food and we go there almost every week.

I'll have to think of others...

Glory87
02-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Kashi waffles, La Tortilla factory 50 calorie tortillas, Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burgers, Eden cherry butter, Ziploc storage bags, the spinach and blueberry farmers of America, Chipotle (mmm chicken bol) and TRADER JOE'S!!!

Lovely
02-19-2008, 08:34 PM
LOL The Weight Watchers people are making a true fortune off of me!

GirlyGirlSebas
02-19-2008, 08:34 PM
Pompei Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Bob's Red Mill Steelcut Oatmeal

Never used them before going on-plan....use them every single day now.

nelie
02-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Faerie,

I've only just started weight watchers but yeah they will get my money for a while.

I also agree with Glory on Chipotle. I usually go there once a week as well for a bol (no rice).

Dark chocolate manufacturers are also doing well because of me :) My DH laughs at me because how much I love to buy chocolate. A girl has to have her chocolate!

rockinrobin
02-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Oh my goodness - without a doubt the produce store across the street from where I work and the 2 in my neighborhood.

The cauliflower, kirby and string bean industries as well. They MUST be thinking what is going on here, mustn't they?

Morningstar Farms, their Chick Pattie Original and their Spicy Bean Burger products are flying off the shelf due to me. And they're not so cheap, I might add :(.

Danon - eat a LOT of those Light and Fit Yogurts a week. A LOT. Along with Fiber One - they're doing quite well too, I'm sure.

Bumble bee tuna is probably seeing a rise as well.

I eat a fair share of egg white omlettes a week as well. I'm keeping those chickies very busy. But boy have the prices of eggs skyrocketed.

Tofutti. I usually have a tofutti pop every night, sometimes 2.

midwife
02-19-2008, 08:58 PM
Fiber One.

Free range chickens in my state.

A local restaurant's jarred red chile sauce.

My locally owned running store.

Whole Foods. Alas.

Sheila53
02-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Darigold. I eat lots of ff cottage cheese.

Glory87
02-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Oh yeah - Fage yogurt. Had never even HEARD of Greek yogurt before losing weight.

dustdiva
02-19-2008, 09:24 PM
Diamond Nuts ( for Almond Breeze)
Kashi
Paul Newman's Organics

-- and soon, a yet-to-be determined clothing retailer. It's time to buy (smaller) clothes that fit! :carrot:

Lyn2007
02-19-2008, 10:56 PM
The Farmer's Market, for sure! (May-Nov)

Egg Beaters. Way easier than separating eggs with a toddler on my leg.

Fiber One... for the bars, the new caramel cereal (YUM) and the new Fiber One key lime yogurt (double yum)

Barilla Plus pasta... I keep a ton of boxes on hand

Foster Farms!! I buy all their chicken, turkey, ground lean turkey, and lean turkey italian sausages.

Ookpik
02-19-2008, 11:22 PM
Subway....anytime I want a treat of "fast food" I go there instead of places like Burger King and KFC. My friends say I could do Jared-type commercials for them!

The company who makes Activia yogurt...I eat one a day. They are delicious.

Companies who make the 100-calorie treats I like - Aero singles, Doritos, Reese's.

SoulBliss
02-20-2008, 01:09 AM
Faerie,

I've only just started weight watchers but yeah they will get my money for a while.

You're on WW? Are you still vegan? Please, do tell me more!!!

Janny O
02-20-2008, 08:29 AM
Oberto Sausage Company for their Snack size Beef Jerky.
Newport News Fashions.
Goodwill Industries.
Makers of the Special K Bar.
Local Dry Cleaner for all of my new suits.
Sears Jewelery Repair for all of the resizing.
Dole for their packaged salad mix.

FresnoBeeDude
02-20-2008, 08:37 AM
I highly expect a Christmas card from my Super Wal-Mart. I have voiced my opinions about our store to my friends. Food-wise, I have found a better selection of what I need (I can spend an hr in the bread aisle reading the "Lite" labels). Grocery Outlet/BigLots (for those unaware, these are the kind of stores where when the item is gone, it's GONE!)

Trader Joe's seems to know when I come into town. Plenty of my Peanut Butter/Cereal is shelved.

Big5, I have gone through more shoes then ever (due to my pounding of the paveme...errr, treadmill).

I am a regular at my Subway. They all know what/how I like my salad/soup prepared.

valpal23
02-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Subway....anytime I want a treat of "fast food" I go there instead of places like Burger King and KFC. .

I do the same... most of the staff at Subway know what sub I want and to put as many veggies as they can fit on it...

cadbury 100 calorie thins are the other thing I always have. This week I'm on the chocolate almond bars :)

Jen415
02-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Umm...with all the water I've been drinking, it's gotta be the company that makes Charmin! ROFL

gina1221
02-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Dannon (have one Activia yogurt everyday)
Fiber One (usually have a bar with my yogurt)
Thomas' english muffins (light multi-grain = 100 cals) with
Trader Joes (Better'n Peanut Butter, also love their spicy crab rolls)
Local CSA (Community Supported Agriculture - try, try, trying to go "clean" or "cleaner")
Farmers Market

nelie
02-20-2008, 11:38 AM
You're on WW? Are you still vegan? Please, do tell me more!!!

Yes! You can follow WW and be vegan. Although you ignore the suggestions of eating dairy products and substitute high calcium veggies for them.

Gina - I tried Better N peanut butter and thought it was absolutely gross. This morning though I did have a 100 cal english muffin with peanut butter.

gina1221
02-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Gina - I tried Better N peanut butter and thought it was absolutely gross.

The first time I tried it I thought, "Who can eat this stuff?"... I guess it's an acquired taste. :)

Beverlyjoy
02-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Good thread!

These folks are making money on me now:

Weight Watcher Whole Wheat Bread Bakers

Egg farmers of America - I must eat almost 2 dozen egg whites a week or so.

100 calories packs of crackers - fish crackers, and wheat crackers

Krogers FF cottage cheese..and all the low fat cheese makers

the vegetable farmers are liking me alot these days

the fruit growers too

Kroger Natural Peanut Butter

Kettle Almond Butter

I Can't Beleive it Not Butter Spray

Morning Star Farms Veggie Burgers & Mushroom Burgers

Krogers Fat Free Sugar Free Yogurts

Red Mill Flax

All the turkey people that make turkey italian sausage, bacon, sausage and ground turkey

kissingginger
02-20-2008, 05:22 PM
This is a great thread too!

1) all the organic local fruit and veg farmers here love me!
2) my local organic beef and chicken farm
3) superstore carries presidents choice organic cereals, fruit bars etc for my kids
4) SPUD delivery loves me....they deliver local organic produce to your door.
5) Annie's organics - love their ketchup....waiting for an organic relish...yuk to the dyes they put in regular relish.
6) Paul Newmans organics
7) BUCKS Brand oranges are now organic. I've been buying them for years, and I know it takes years to get through the process of going organic. YUM!
8) Ryvita cracker makers

gr8smyl99
02-21-2008, 07:05 AM
My local "farm" store - as I prefer their fresher veggies & fruits!

Stonyfield - if I'm going to eat yogurt, its going to be the good stuff.

Kashi everything! Especially GoLean Bars. They make a great, nutritious meal replacement bar.

And Shaklee - my vitamin company - since I know spend my extra cash on things that are good for me :)

starofsorrow
02-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Just started LAWL, so they're getting my money! Also, HEB for their produce aisle, and Splenda because I'm gonna be buying those in the packs....oh, and Ozarka or SmartWater or Fiji because I don't trust the water in the town! ;)

Trazey34
02-21-2008, 10:08 AM
definitely the Cottage Cheese Industry owes me a kick back! mmm....and definitely local produce

Kashi bars...
Chicken Breast Manufacturers heheheh

The Candy & Chip conglomerates are wondering what happened to me....

Of course, the local SHOE STORES are enjoying soaring profits heheheheh

2beautiful2Bfat
02-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Glenny's
orange growers of america
Any and every company that makes flat bread

barbygirl43
02-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Sara Lee for her whole wheat bread and Chunky soup right now. I plan to make the switch to less processed foods but I'm sure it will be a gradual process. :)

BrandNewJen
02-21-2008, 02:10 PM
~ Chicken breast manufacturers

~ Broccoli growers

~ People who cut up green beans "french style" and can them. They're the only way to get veggies into my picky hubby!

~ Whole wheat farmers--- for the bread, the pasta, the english muffins, etc etc etc

xJox
02-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Fiber One for sure!!!

Healthy Mama
02-22-2008, 03:00 AM
My local Thrifty Foods because I am cooking every night and making lunches every day rather than going out to eat.