General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-19-2008, 07:43 AM   #1  
PielCanela

S/C/G: 209/214/170

Height: 5'7"

Default Elephant Tact

Ok, I know my dear hubbie didn't mean bad but cmon... "here, you can have these two tshirts, I just got them but they're too big on me, I'm sure they will fit you"... and then when he saw the look on my face (I think he feared for his life a bit) trying to make it better by saying... "not that I mean "bigger" in like "wider" I mean taller... you know, your torso is a bit larger, you know..." and then he slowly walked away

aaaah, men!
Nightingale68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:09 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Gah! Men! I'm positive he didn't mean it to be hurtful or annoying.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:24 AM   #3  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Seems like you're taking it lightly which is good. It's ok, I think all men do it some point in their lives. There was a time when I told my husband that I'm surprised he could still wrap his arms around me and his response was, "it's because I have really long arms that's why!" Hmmm. Don't we just love them.
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:53 AM   #4  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Ok, that's pretty funny. I'm glad you didn't get upset with him! They try, but sometimes it just doesn't work!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Poor guys, sometimes they don't realize
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:21 AM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Nightingale I remember a very similar comment from my DH from before I lost weight. He said "hon, you can wear these camo pants of mine cause they are still baggy after I put my longjohns and jeans on under them". The sad part for me was that with nothing under them, I couldn't button them. Just so you know, he now says "I couldn't fit one leg into your jeans!".

tk, men do make some funny (although dumb) comments. I once asked my DH "Do I look like a cow in this?" He said "mmmmmmmmm, I love beef!"

Last edited by lilybelle; 02-20-2008 at 11:24 AM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote