Whole Foods Lifestyle - SuperFoods Daily Accounting

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : SuperFoods Daily Accounting

srmb60
02-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Deep breath ... I am absolutely blown away by Glory today. Oh I've been following her around the boards for a while and have always appreciated her very much, I even bought the book -however- today she is striking a chord with me.
I CANNOT figure out how to maintain. I always just diet back down. This isn't good.
For a couple of weeks now, I've been mulling/grieving over this. Slim by the end of summer, thick by New Years, depressed all of February, start up again in March or April, slim by the end of summer ... dum dum dum.
Ya know how some folks post that they need a kick in the pants? I think I got it today with all this chitter chatter about Glory. She is a wonderful example. How freudian is it that I don't see her post very often lately?! Avoidance you say?

So ... I've printed up daily checklists. I have a list of SuperFoods in my purse. Would anyone care to join me in an accountability thread?

Today I have had ....
tomatoes (in soup with cabbage)
salmon
green tea
and a slice of turkey

for a night snack I should have oatmeal with soy milk and a grapefruit. I'll let you know how that goes.

Join me?

Cheree
02-19-2008, 02:38 AM
Hi! Who is Glory??

srmb60
02-19-2008, 05:33 AM
Oh my! I should have remembered that 3FC is such a huge place.

I'll post a link to one of her posts and you'll see why I'm so impressed.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84601

Glory87
02-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Ha Susan! I used to count super foods everyday and it might be fun to do it again. I used to do it like this:

B - 1/2 cup Nature's path pumpkin flax granola, fat free Greek yogurt with honey, 2 spoons of wheat germ

S - 6 oz blueberries

L - salad with spinach leaves, orange pepper strips, grape tomatoes, red onions, broccoli slaw, shredded carrots, 90 calories of chicken breast, low fat ginger vinaigrette dressing

S - tangelo

S - no sugar added cocoa

S - cut up veggies - sugar snap peas, baby carrots, grape tomatoes, red pepper strips

D - maple glazed salmon, brown rice, broccoli

Super foods - oats (granola, brown rice, wheat germ), tomato, yogurt, salmon, broccoli, blueberries, pumpkin (orange pepper, carrots), tea, beans (sugar snap peas), orange (tangelo), spinach - 11!

I started counting super foods before the second book, so I rarely remember to count apple, onions, garlic, honey, etc.

Just edited to add - I think it's fascinating that I still eat so many super foods without really trying, it is my new normal way of eating! Pretty cool after 3 years :)

srmb60
02-19-2008, 04:02 PM
I remember! We did it in the the general diets forum or support or something like that. We had a nice bunch of folks who posted their menus each day.

Today I've had tomatoes and cabbage (left over soup), oats, soy milk, a slice of turkey, squash and I haven't figured supper out yet ...

Supper was turkey and lots of leafy greens on a whole wheat bun with green tea. If I can bother to peel a grapefruit, that'll be 9 for today.

srmb60
02-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Wednesday ... I sidekicked a little ...peanutbutter, grapefruit juice, broccoli, chicken, walnuts, oatmeal with soy milk, green tea and yogurt ... 9!

Glory87
02-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Wednesday

B - 7:00 am 1/2 cup of Nature's path organic pumpkin flax cereal, fat free greek yogurt with honey, 2 spoons of wheat germ

S 10:00 package of fresh blueberries

L 12:00 Salad - spinach leaves, grape tomatoes, red onion, shredded carrot, broccoli slaw, orange pepper strips, 90 calories of chicken breast, low fat gingerly vinaigrette dressing

S: 1:00 100 calories no sugar added cocoa

S 3:00 tangelo

S 5:00 cut up veggies (baby carrots, grape tomatoes, sugar snap peas, red pepper strips

D - went to play board games with friends, so stopped by the local organic grocery store and picked up a yummy turkey wrap sandwich on whole wheat lavash with lettuce, tomato, onion, avocado and sun dried tomato spread. On the side, I had a really great kale salad with olive oil and lemon dressing, lots of sesame seeds. Way too much dressing, but it was pre-packaged in the deli

S - too many whole wheat pita chips (always measure out a serving, never eat out of the bag) and some absolutely fabulous hummus

super foods - beans (sugar snap peas, hummus), spinach (kale, spinach), tomatoes, turkey, tea, oats (granola, whole grain pita, wheat germ), tangelo, blueberries, yogurt, pumpkin (carrots), broccoli (broccoli slaw) probably not enough sesame seeds on the salad to count, but still yummy! Eleven super foods (missing walnuts, tofu, salmon)

Glory87
02-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Wednesday ... I sidekicked a little ...peanutbutter, grapefruit juice, broccoli, chicken, walnuts, oatmeal with soy milk, green tea and yogurt ... 9!

Sidekicks definitely count!! Thank god, or I'd never get pumpkin.

srmb60
02-21-2008, 04:01 PM
I like my pumpkin in pie ;) But squash is fine too.

Glory87
02-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Thursday

B - 7:00 am 1/2 cup of Nature's path organic pumpkin flax cereal, fat free greek yogurt with honey, 2 spoons of wheat germ

L 12:00 Salad - spinach leaves, grape tomatoes, red onion, shredded carrot, broccoli slaw, orange pepper strips, 90 calories of chicken breast, low fat gingerly vinaigrette dressing

S 5:00 cut up veggies (baby carrots, grape tomatoes, sugar snap peas, red pepper strips

D - home made pasta sauce with veggie crumbles, basil, sun dried tomato, red wine, spinach leaves over 2 oz of whole wheat pasta, side salad with green leaf, tomato, red onion, low fat gingerly vinaigrette

super foods - beans (sugar snap peas), spinach (kale, green leaf), tomatoes, soy, tea, oats (granola, whole wheat rotini, wheat germ), tangelo, blueberries, yogurt, pumpkin (carrots), broccoli (broccoli slaw) Eleven super foods (missing walnuts, turkey, salmon)

doubtingJulia
02-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Do you know What I'm eating right now?

Meatballs. With oatmeal in them.

Go me!

srmb60
02-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Go you Julia! I'm glad you stopped by! Did you read Glory's story? The magazine isn't out here yet.

I'm doing good today!

yogurt, chicken, mixed greens, walnuts, a really nice multigrain bread, green tea, blueberries, raw tomato, an orange ... nine again? If I had a slug of soy milk .... 10!

Darkblue
02-22-2008, 12:29 AM
Susan, what does soy milk taste like? Anything like real milk?

Can you buy real Greek yogurt at regular grocery stores, or is it a specialty item?

Good luck with this!

SoulBliss
02-22-2008, 12:57 AM
I think this may help those new to Dr. Pratt and his Superfoods:

http://www.webmd.com/content/article/82/97166.htm

Pratt:

1. Beans: A great low-fat, low-calorie source of protein and an easy way to help control your weight and your blood sugar.
2. Blueberries: The best food on the planet to preserve a young brain as we mature.
3. Broccoli: The best food on the planet to prevent cancer.
4. Oats: A sure-fire way to lower your cholesterol.
5. Oranges: The most readily available source of vitamin C, which in turn lowers the rate of most causes of death in this country, for example, heart disease and cancer.
6. Pumpkin: Loaded with phytonutrients, which keep our skin young and help prevent damage from sunlight.
7. Wild salmon: A guaranteed way to lower your risk for cardiac-related death.
8. Soy: The only complete vegetarian source of protein.
9. Spinach: The best food on the planet to prevent cataracts and age-related macular degeneration, thus ensuring a lifetime of good vision.
10. Tea -- green or black: The easiest and cheapest no-calorie way to avoid heart disease and cancer.
11. Tomatoes: One of the easiest ways for men to avoid prostate cancer is the consumption of tomatoes and tomato-based products.
12. Skinless turkey breast: The leanest meat source of protein on the planet.
13. Walnuts: Consuming walnuts is an easy, tasty way to lower your risk of cardiovascular disease.
14. Yogurt: A tasty, easy way to boost your immune system.

AND

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10722493

* Apples
* Pomegranates
* Kiwis
* Garlic
* Onions
* Cinnamon
* Turmeric
*Dark chocolate
* Extra virgin olive oil
* Avocado

SoulBliss
02-22-2008, 12:58 AM
With the exception of turkey and fish, I eat all those things regularly. :)

srmb60
02-22-2008, 05:36 AM
Thanks SoulBliss!
It is easy to eat those things regularly.
What I like about it is the notion that food is actually what builds you a new body. We make cells everyday and need to make them out of something. I don't think enough people realise that.

Darkblue? No soy milk does not taste anything like 'real milk'. I normally only use it for cereal etc. I can't help you with the yogurt question. I just use nonfat.

Glory87
02-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Susan, what does soy milk taste like? Anything like real milk?

Can you buy real Greek yogurt at regular grocery stores, or is it a specialty item?

Soy milk is yummy but definitely doesn't taste like regular milk. I bet if you went to Starbucks and ask for a tiny sample, they might give it you (that way you could try it without blowing money on an entire container).

I buy Greek yogurt at a regular grocery store. I have 2 favorite brands: Fage and Voskos - both are delicious but Fage is more expensive. It comes in plain and other flavors (honey, fig, blueberry, etc). There are full fat, 2% and fat free varieties of Greek yogurt available. I think fat free Greek yogurt tastes great. Greek yogurt has a GREAT consistency - it's like really really thick cool whip, I really prefer it to regular yogurt.

AndLy
02-22-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm not necessarily on a specific superfoods plan, or wholefoods, but am trying to incorporate as many as I can each day. It's been working great for the past few weeks I've been doing it. I haven't read the book or anything, and didn't even realize that the foods I'd been trying to add into my diet were superfoods, until I found out here through Glory's posts. No wonder they were making me feel so good :)

Today I've had lowfat soy milk, spinach, turkey, carrots and since I'm not quite certain about sidekicks I think that my 1 whole egg + 1 egg white can count as fish. And that's only breakfast!!!

Glory87
02-22-2008, 12:35 PM
Hey AndLy, welcome :)

Friday - since I made so much pasta sauce last night, Friday looks exactly like Thursday.

B - 7:00 am 1/2 cup of Nature's path organic pumpkin flax cereal, fat free greek yogurt with honey, 1 spoons of wheat germ

D - home made pasta sauce with veggie crumbles, basil, sun dried tomato, red wine, spinach leaves over 2 oz of whole wheat pasta, side salad with green leaf, tomato, red onion, low fat gingerly vinaigrette

super foods - beans (sugar snap peas), spinach (kale, green leaf), tomatoes, soy, tea, oats (granola, whole wheat rotini, wheat germ), tangelo, blueberries, yogurt, pumpkin (carrots), broccoli (broccoli slaw) Eleven super foods (missing walnuts, turkey, salmon)

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night - a lot. We're going to a 5 course chef's tasting menu!

cbmare
02-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Oh. I think I'm going to have to spend some serious time in here. Soul, thank you for what you posted.

Does almond milk count? I've been using that on my high fiber cereals.

Does Kashi Good Friends High Fiber, Organic Morning Lite and the flax high fiber combo I'm eating now count?

See why I need you people?

Glory87
02-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Fascinating - not sure about almond milk, my guess would be it would count as Walnut. The whole grain cereal definitely counts as Oats :)

srmb60
02-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Do over?!

I was going to just post that with some kind of embarassed looking smilie -but-

The beauty of eating healthy is that one day don't break the whole shebang, right? If I've been alive of over 17000 days and I've been eating healthier and slimmer for 1600 or so .... pfft! Pass the blueberries please.

Glory87
02-23-2008, 12:50 PM
The goal is not perfection, the goal is consistency - one day will not derail you. Heck, I plan to go eat a 5 course chef's tasting menu tonight with wine pairings. I won't view that as a failure at all, but a celebration of ME - the foodie, who can be slim, eat well MOST of the time and still enjoy the stuff I really love!

here's the menu:

CHEF'S 5-COURSE TASTING MENU
Baby Greens | Shaved Manchego | Roasted Beets | Blood Orange Vinaigrette
Sauteed Calamari | Shallots | Bacon | Baby Spinach
Parmesan/Sweet Pea Risotto | Pea Tendrils | Crispy Pork
Lamb Chop with Toasted Spices | Spring Garlic | Polenta
Grand Marnier Creme Brulee

There are a couple of super foods...uh, greens! and um polenta is corn and corn is a whole grain and um...peas. I always thought beets should be a super food. That reminds me - why isn't a mango a super food? It has a lot of beta carotene - I always thought it should be a pumpkin sidekick.

baffled111
02-23-2008, 02:13 PM
I've always thought creme brulee should be a superfood. Anything that delicious MUST have insane nutritional benefits. (And, if creme brulee can't be a superfood, can we at least get saturated fat on the list as a vital part of a healthy diet?)

That menu looks very delicious Glory. Have a fabulous night and enjoy every bite. :)

srmb60
02-23-2008, 02:58 PM
I got the magazine! Fabulous Glory! It's so great to see you there.

I had a loverly grocery trip. So many wonderful foods and so little time.

srmb60
02-23-2008, 07:11 PM
My chili is great!

beans, tomatoes, orange peppers, turkey ....

blueberries, walnuts, yogurt ... only 7 so far? hmmm and I felt so virtuous.

So I had some oats with soy milk ... my check list in the kitchen says that's 10.

Darkblue
02-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Let's see, I made chili tonight with turkey, white beans, tomatoes, green chilis, corn, and Monterey Jack cheese.

Had spinach as the base for a salad at lunch (with other not so healthy things, alas), and iced tea.

Had almonds and a tangerine as a snack. Had green tea with honey earlier today, and blueberry muffins for breakfast. I'm sure the muffins aren't ideal, but it's a start...

Does this count for 7-9?

Glory87
02-24-2008, 01:10 AM
Let's see, I made chili tonight with turkey, white beans, tomatoes, green chilis, corn, and Monterey Jack cheese.

Had spinach as the base for a salad at lunch (with other not so healthy things, alas), and iced tea.

Had almonds and a tangerine as a snack. Had green tea with honey earlier today, and blueberry muffins for breakfast. I'm sure the muffins aren't ideal, but it's a start...

Does this count for 7-9?

Hey :) well, it depends by how many blueberries were in the muffins. Were there like 2-3 per muffin or a sizeable amount? I would probably count it as: turkey, white beans, tomatoes, spinach, corn (as a whole grain for oats), almonds (walnuts), tangerine (orange), green tea, honey (from the second book) - 9 :) Any carrots in the salad?

srmb60
02-24-2008, 08:28 AM
I'm fooling with something ... I saved this list
beans
blueberries
broccoli
oats
oranges
pumpkin
salmon
soy
spinach
tea
tomatoes
turkey
walnuts
yogurt
... and will cut and paste it each day with the foods attached.

srmb60
02-24-2008, 08:32 AM
Cluttering up the board with yesterdays accounting ...
beans -white, black and blackeyed-in chili
blueberries-raw
broccoli
oats-oatmeal
oranges- grapefruit juice
pumpkin-orange peppers
salmon
soy-nonfat soy milk
spinach
tea
tomatoes- in chili
turkey-in chili
walnuts-yes
yogurt-yes
= 10

Darkblue
02-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Today:

oatmeal with wheatgerm, organic raisins, walnuts, cinnamon
whole wheat bread with turkey slices, lettuce, tomato, cheese, peppers
leftover chicken chili--beans, tomatoes, chilis
iced tea, hot black tea, and green tea with honey
pomegranate juice, grapefruit

So, 10 maybe?

Tomorrow is the challenge--back to work. However, I pre-bagged some oatmeal/walnuts/wheatgerm/raisins for breakfast, and we'll have to see how the rest of the day goes.

Glory87
02-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Ha, take your lunch too, the you don't have to see how the day will go - you will KNOW.

WaterRat
02-25-2008, 01:49 AM
Hey, Susan, great idea about the list. I've been reading along here, but I'm terrible about online accounting. But one can always chime in sometimes, right? :)

beans - in chili for dinner
blueberries - in a dish served at brunch (awesome! but not lowcal :lol: )
broccoli
oats - for breakfast
oranges
pumpkin - pepper in chili and an egg dish at brunch (together = 1 serving)
salmon
soy
spinach - in salad for dinner
tea - snack
tomatoes - in dinner chili
turkey
walnuts - on breakfast cereal
yogurt

So 8, not bad for a day when our main meal (brunch) was eaten out. I made chili tonight with black beans - awesome! Of course I had no ground turkey so it got extra lean ground beef. Also the canned tomatos had jalepenos - wowser! It'll put hair on your chest! :lol: I like it, but DH is passing on this batch....

srmb60
02-25-2008, 06:22 AM
Morning!
Hi Pat! Of course you can chime in! We're glad you're here.

beans-in chili
blueberries- and strawberries raw
broccoli
oats- in a date square and nice whole grain bread
oranges- grapefruit juice
pumpkin-orange peppers in chili
salmon
soy- non fat soy milk
spinach
tea
tomatoes-raw and in chili
turkey-in chili
walnuts- and some trail mix for snacks
yogurt-yes

joyofsix
02-25-2008, 10:34 AM
I remember doing this. I should get back to it, though I eat alot of whole foods I probably need more variety. Let's see
B-2 eggs, spinach, feta
S-carrots, green peppers, hummus
L-salmon,cauliflower&broccoli,apple
S-yogurt, blueberries,honey,walnuts
D-spaghetti(unfortunately not ww this week, spaghetti sauce,romaine salad, zucchini
S-green tea, dark chocolate If I'm really hungry later oatmeal

Glory87
02-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Okay - wish me luck you guys. I'm in Vegas until Friday for a work trip. I have 5 oranges for 5 nectar bars for snacks. Apparently, there are breakfast/lunch/dinner buffets served every day for us and customers. I am feeling very nervous about all this - no plan. Well, my plan is NO DESSERTS. I don't handle buffet desserts very well, I want to try a little bite of each one, so EXNAY on the ESSERTDAYS.

AndLy
02-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Have fun in Vegas Glory, you'll be fine! :carrot:

Today so far I've gotten in my soy and oats for breakfast. Will edit post later on to add to my list.

This morning was weigh in day and I'm down 5 more pounds!!! yippee:D I am having a hard time getting my ticker to update this morning though, so I'm actually down to 212!

***edited: ticker updated, and look!! I'm 1/4 of the way there!!!***

I think I hit every single group yesterday!!! I don't get much of a chance to post on the weekends but I had the most amazing veggie tofu stir fry for lunch yesterday w/brown rice! There was alot left over so I know what I'm having for dinner tonight!!!

Glory87
02-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Holy smokes, I am DOOMED if today is an indicator of the rest of the week.

Breakfast - not so bad, big beautiful buffet but I only looked at OATMEAL and FRUIT. I kinda kicked myself for not remembering to bring my own dried blueberries and having to settle for golden raisins with my bowl of oatmeal (I avoided pastries, pancakes, some good looking fried potatoes, bagels, cream cheese, etc). I also had a couple of small pieces of cantalope, 2 pieces of watermelon (in the tomato group!) and 6 good-sized strawberries. Cup of coffee with splenda and a splash of cream. Not bad!

Lunch - NOTHING HEALTHY AT ALL. Oh man, there was salad, but it was caesar salad, dripping with cheese and limp with dressing, had to pass. I picked up some black/green olives, some roasted asparagus and marinated vegetables. The hot line had pizza, penne with marinara, coldcut sandwiches with cheese and mayo, tons of rolls/breadsticks and lobster raviolis. After seeing the dismal choices, I got a scoopful of penne/marinara and 2 lobster raviolis and backtracked and picked up more roasted asparagus and marinated vegetables. Didn't touch the bread, pizza, wish I hadn't been so tempted by lobster ravioli, but it was good and I only had 2. Managed to completely avoid the dessert buffet (a toughie) and had iced tea with lemon.

This is a healthy eater's nightmare!

Edited for the rest of the day!

they brought in bags of caramel corn, pretzels, fruit and brownies for snacks. I stuck to my orange and nectar bar.

Dinner was a little better, there was a cold food line, a make your own taco line and a roast beef station. I ended up getting a big pile of field greens, some shredded chicken, some roasted vegetables, pico de gallo, a little guacamole, a little balsalmic vinaigrette dressing, a small scoop of mashed potatoes and some of those cute carrots (with the little green tops). Dessert was a build your own sundae bar with ice cream, brownies, big cookies, and all kinds of sundae toppings. What I WANTED was chocolate ice cream, caramel sauce and nuts, what I got was 3 nilla wafers to dunk in my coffee. I broke my "no dessert at Vegas rule" but I did resist a lot of bad things.

We had a late night meeting from 7-9 with hot prezels (with hot cheese dip) and more bags of caramel corn, I was still really full from dinner and my jeans felt snug so managed to completely resist.

All in all, I felt like a day of out of control eating, but when I remember past work events like this, I used to eat everything - breakfast would have been pancakes and pastries, lunch would have been pizza, I would have had the brownie snack, eaten some caramel corn, dinner would have been cheesy, sourcreamy, guacy make your own tacos in crispy shells and I would have eaten an ice cream sundae and topped everything off with a pretzel dipped in hot cheese.

AndLy
02-25-2008, 04:26 PM
Oh man sounds like eating dinner at my parents house :D

cbmare
02-25-2008, 05:56 PM
What kind of beans are you eating that are low cal? I haven't found many. Granted they are high in fiber, but 100+ cals for 1/4 cup seems high to me.

Glory87
02-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Sugar snap peas, green beans are pretty low cal. For the rest of the bean family - chickpeas, kidney beans, navy beans, pinto beans, peas ect - I don't consider them a particularly low cal salad veggie type food - I consider them more of a protein-type food. They're incredibly healthy, beneficial and worthwhile to eat, but for me, they need to be counted, measured and portion controlled, the same way I would measure a complex carbohydrate like brown rice or a lean protein like chicken breast.

cbmare
02-25-2008, 07:21 PM
Glory, can you please post your recipe that was in the article? I couldn't find the mag and now I think it's too late to get it. Another Oprah issue is on the stands. Susan B made your jambalaya and I'm jealous. :lol:

cbmare
02-25-2008, 07:54 PM
I always thought beets should be a super food.

Why aren't they? Seems like they would be. What does the book say about them? Carrots aren't on there either, are they?

srmb60
02-25-2008, 08:48 PM
beans
blueberries- strawberries
broccoli
oats- yes and a ww bun
oranges- one
pumpkin- orange pepper
salmon
soy- non fat milk on my oats
spinach- snuck in my jambalaya
tea- green
tomatoes- in the jambalaya
turkey- in the jambalaya
walnuts- snack
yogurt- yes

11 today

let me have a shot at that jambalaya recipe
into the crock pot
chopped onion
two stalks of celery
a pepper
12 oz turkey kielbasa
1 cup rice
creole or cajun seasoning
28 oz can of diced tomatoes

I let it go on low for about 5 hrs then added 12 oz shrimp. In 20 minutes we ate it.

I forgot that I tossed in a bunch of dried spinach flakes and chili pepper flakes.

Darkblue
02-25-2008, 10:56 PM
I like your idea, Susan...may I steal it?

beans -- green beans
blueberries- pomegranate juice
broccoli --yes
oats- oatmeal
oranges-
pumpkin- carrots, sweet potatos
salmon--
soy-
spinach-
tea- green, black
tomatoes-
turkey- yes
walnuts- yes, in oatmeal
yogurt-

Glory87
02-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Why aren't they? Seems like they would be. What does the book say about them? Carrots aren't on there either, are they?
I'm traveling and don't have my book handy, but as far as I can remember (at least from the first book which I'm more familiar with) beets aren't a super food per that author (I think anything that dark and colorful has to be super nutrient rich). Carrots are a pumpkin sidekick :) (with sweet potatoes and orange pepper)

Glory87
02-26-2008, 12:09 AM
Glory, can you please post your recipe that was in the article? I couldn't find the mag and now I think it's too late to get it. Another Oprah issue is on the stands. Susan B made your jambalaya and I'm jealous. :lol:

Hmm, I don't have a jambalaya recipe!

WaterRat
02-26-2008, 01:13 AM
cbmare - I haven't been able to find the magazine either. I either missed it or it's just about to come out. There have been NO Women's Day mags in my grocery store the past few days.

baffled111
02-26-2008, 10:41 AM
I think the Oprah issue is Woman's Weekly or Woman's Something Else and not the mag that Glory is in: my grocery store had both on display.

cbmare
02-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Hmm, I don't have a jambalaya recipe!

I'll have to go find that post and nag Susan B.

:lol:

srmb60
02-26-2008, 12:31 PM
No need to nag ;)... it's at the bottom of the last page.

The mag is Woman's Day March 4, 2008
It's pale green with a medium blue title and a chocolate butterfly. Mine has a yellow circle in the top rt corner that says "Only $3.49"

sharonrr1
02-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Hi Ladies, I'd like to join in.
Yesterday:

beans-in my soup
blueberries-in my oatmeal
broccoli- in my salad
oats- oatmeal
oranges-
pumpkin-in a smoothie
salmon
soy- light soy milk
spinach in my omelet and salad
tea - green breakfast
tomatoes-in my soup and on my salad
turkey-sausage snack
walnuts-
yogurt-in my pumpkin smoothie

That is 11 with more than one serving of some.

WaterRat
02-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Here's today's plan....

beans-in my lunch chili
blueberries
broccoli- for dinner
oats
oranges
pumpkin - peppers in dinner salad and lunch chili; eta acorn squash for dinner :)
salmon - :) dinner
soy
spinach - bok choy in dinner salad
tea - evening snack
tomatoes-in my chili
turkey
walnuts
yogurt-afternoon snack

That's only 7 - need to get in more ETA: just added 2 to bring the number to 9.

cbmare
02-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Yesterday

beans - snow peas in my stir fry for dinner & snap peas w/lunch
blueberries - with my cereal
broccoli - 2 cups of broccoli/cauliflower veggie mix w/lunch
oats - 2 kinds of Kashi high fiber cereal (1/2 C each), quinoa w/dinner
oranges - munched on 1 from my tree for a snack
pumpkin - red peppers in my veggie mix at lunch, carrots in my pickle mix and in the dinner stir fry
salmon
soy
spinach
tea - 2 cups black decaf
tomatoes
turkey
walnuts - can I count almond milk here?
yogurt

Thanks for the list, Susan

cbmare
02-26-2008, 01:28 PM
Planned for today

beans - snap peas w/lunch & green peas w/dinner
blueberries - in the high fiber cereal
broccoli - 2 cups of broccoli/cauliflower veggie mix w/lunch
garlic - it is always in some form with dinner
oats - 2 kinds of Kashi high fiber cereal (1/2 C each), quinoa w/lunch & dinner
oranges - will munch on 1 from my tree for a snack
pumpkin - red peppers in my veggie mix at lunch, carrots in my pickle mix
salmon
soy - in the high fiber cereal
spinach
tea - maybe
tomatoes
turkey - as part of our meat mix. We're making mini meatloaves for dinner
walnuts - can I count almond milk here?
yogurt

I don't know where to fit in bananas and mixed greens for a salad

MonkeysJump
02-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Hi everyone! :carrot:

My name is Leia. I have been lurking for a few weeks reading all the posts. I am trying to eat as many superfoods as I can each day. I have the first 2 books and I got the diet book from the library.

I have found that you can sneak quite a few superfoods into chili. I made chili the other night and it had turkey, beans, pumpkin, tomatoes, onion, orange bell peppers (sidekick), and whole wheat pasta.

I brown up some ground turkey breast with a whole onion and a whole orange bell pepper (if they are too expensive i use green). Then i add in a can of diced tomatoes with juice and a can of kidney beans. I like my chili really thick and kinda creamy so I put a drained can of white beans and a can of tomato puree and a small can of pumpkin into the blender and whip it up until its smooth. Then I pour that into the pot. I add chili powder and spices and then I simmer for about an hour until all the flavors meld. I serve the chili over a small portion of whole wheat macaroni. You can't taste the pumpkin at all. I have also put spinach into the chili with good results. I love cooked spinach though. My husband didn't like the spinach.

So that's 7 superfoods in one meal. More if you add a salad on the side.

Thank you guys for sharing. Reading your stories/posts has helped me stay on track many times.

srmb60
02-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Ooo the more the merrier! This is fun!

beans
blueberries - strawberries
broccoli- raw a snack
oats- a whole grain bun
oranges- pink grapefruit juice
pumpkin-
salmon- on the bun
soy- non fat milk
spinach- by the handful and in my supper salad
tea- green after supper
tomatoes- pink grapefruit works for this too
turkey
walnuts- snack
yogurt- yes

11 today

Darkblue
02-26-2008, 10:38 PM
beans--lentil soup
blueberries - cherries
broccoli-
oats- whole wheat waffles
oranges- two clementines
pumpkin-
salmon-
soy-
spinach- on my pizza
tea- black, green, iced
tomatoes- on my pizza
turkey-
walnuts-
yogurt- yes

8 today

Glory87
02-26-2008, 11:33 PM
Okay - today in Vegas was slightly better, but I still ate way too much. I still managed to avoid the desserts (and lunch had dutch apple pie which is one of my absolute favorites).

Let me see if I can remember everything I ate:

B - bowl of oatmeal, bluerries, strawberries, banana

no morning snack

L - big salad with dark greens, diced chicken breast, carrots, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, balsalmic vinaigrette on the side, little taste of vegetable lasagna, little taste of barbequed pulled pork, part of a baked potato (they roasted the skin rolled in rock salt which I love, basically ate the skin off one side)

S - ate my nectar bar, half a banana, igored all of the brownies, pastries, chips, hot preztels offered

D - dark greens, balsalmic vinagrette, scoop of mashed sweet potatoes (tasted really rich and creamy), roasted hcerry tomatoes, carrots, zucchini, asparagus, roasted garlic cloves, sword fish with mango salsa, a little bite of a wonderful cheese tortillini with walnuts, a little tomato/shrimp appetizer, avoided the dessert section and had some fruit (pineapple, watermelon, strawberries)

joyofsix
02-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Glory-I think you are doing great. I hate facing aisles of food.
Today so far and the plan for the rest of the day.
B-egg, spinach,feta
L-chicken breast, salsa, brown rice
S-blueberries,plain yogurt
D-dark green salad, pear, blue cheese,butternut squash
S-tea, dark chocolate

cbmare
02-27-2008, 01:05 PM
So far today

beans - black eyed peas
blueberries - in the high fiber cereal & fresh
broccoli - cabbage slaw, bok choy, romaine
garlic -
oats - 2 kinds of Kashi high fiber cereal (1/2 C each)
oranges -
pumpkin -
spinach
tea - maybe if we ever get any water delivered in this office
tomatoes
turkey -
walnuts - almond milk
yogurt

I don't know where to fit in bananas or romaine lettuce

Are any cheeses in this anywhere?

How about onion dill Ry Krisp crackers?

I think whole grain french onion pita bread would probably go in oats.

srmb60
02-27-2008, 04:10 PM
I don't think bananas fit but romaine is a sub for spinach. Rye crisp is whole grain?

Do the stickies have a list from both books? And sidekicks? I'll have a look after I do my appointed rounds.

Here it is ... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90444

AndLy
02-27-2008, 04:50 PM
This is much more fun than trying to keep track on my own.

So far today I've had:

Light soy milk
Low fat yogurt with raspberries & strawberries
Oats
Whole wheat bread
turkey
tomato
romaine
red pepper/tomato soup
avocado (does this count for anything??)
tea
walnuts

I think that counts as 10. :carrot: Yes, this is the best way of eating ever!!!

And for dinner I'm planning to have fish, salad w/carrots and for dessert a small piece dark chocolate! So that adds 3! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

cbmare
02-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Susan, I printed out the list the other day. I guess I wasn't reading enough because I missed romaine in the spinach section.

Why aren't bananas counted? They are so good for us. 1 can give us all the potassium we need for a day.

srmb60
02-27-2008, 05:56 PM
I find bananas pretty carbolicious and since sooo many of the superfoods have potassium in them .... my guess only. I don't recall that bananas are addressed directly in the book.

cbmare
02-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Poor banana! Wonder what it ever did to get such a bad rap.

Thanks.

srmb60
02-27-2008, 08:14 PM
I'm the odd man out at my house. Everybody loves bananas but me :)

I think I'm going to turn in soon and read a bit. So ...

beans - black beans in my lunch salad and peas for supper
broccoli -
oats - whole grain crackers
oranges- pink grapefruit juice
pumpkin
salmon
soy- non fat milk
spinach- in my lunch salad and cooked for supper
tea- green after supper
tomatoes- pink grapefruit juice
turkey
walnuts- in my lunch salad and cashews
yogurt- midmorning snack

10 today

Darkblue
02-27-2008, 10:30 PM
beans-
blueberries - cherries, pomegranate juice, black grapes
broccoli-yes, and asparagus too
oats-oatmeal, whole wheat crackers
oranges- two clementines
pumpkin-
salmon-yes
soy-
spinach-
tea-black
tomatoes-one cooked and one raw
turkey-
walnuts-
yogurt-yes

9 today

cbmare
02-28-2008, 05:19 PM
apples -
avocado - no way! asparagus
beans -
broccoli - yes and cauliflower (3 cups)
dark chocolate -
evoo - in stirfry
garlic - in my stirfry
oats - 2 kinds of Kashi high fiber cereal (1/2 C each)
onions - in stirfry
oranges -
pumpkin - carrots
spinach - turnip greens (1 C)
tea -
tomatoes
turkey -
walnuts - almond milk
yogurt

joyofsix
02-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Today:
B-ww toast, pb& blueberry all fruit spread
S-small pumpkin bar at mother's meeting, it was whole wheat
L-brown rice, bok choy, garlic,onion, salmon
S-green tea
D-minestrone(full of tomatoes, garlic, onion, broccoli,chick peas, evoo)
S-apple, 1/2 pear, dark chocolate
So 10, not bad for a day that didn't start as usual. Must buy more spinach.

srmb60
02-28-2008, 07:38 PM
beans - black in my lunch salad
broccoli
oats
oranges - juice
pumpkin
salmon
soy milk on my cereal
spinach - salad
tea
tomatoes- pink grapefruit juice
turkey
walnuts - in my salad
yogurt - yes

just 8 today

srmb60
02-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi Lisa, we were posting at the same time!

canelle
02-29-2008, 01:54 AM
First post on 3fc! I just heard about superfoods recently want to start chirping in on this thread!

b: 1/2 c oats w/1 c chopped strawberries, 1 TB ground flax, tea and 1 TB fructose (my sweetener of choice)

s: cherries

l: 1/2 cup brown rice, steamed kale w/ parm + balsamic, 14 block terriaki tofu

s: "rice pudding" made w/ 1/4 c brown rice, 1/4 c yogurt, 1/2 mashed banana and cinnamon

d: MORE brown rice (I made a huge pot of this brown+wild rice blend today) w/ 1/2 can PC bran veg chili (soy crumbles, beans, tomatoes) on a bed of romaine...topped with some soy cheddar

a: 2 mile jog + 1 mile walk with the pup

I will probably eat a pear before I go to bed...this puts me at a whopping 16 if I count all the servings of rice + yogurt separate.

srmb60
02-29-2008, 08:01 AM
Oooo Canelle .... can you come cook for me? Sounds delicious!

Morning folks, lunch is at Canelle's house!

cbmare
02-29-2008, 11:02 AM
:welcome: Canelle! ITA with Susan B. We'll be over. However, you'll need to be a bit more specific than "Canada" :lol:

apples -
avocado -
beans -
broccoli -
dark chocolate -
evoo -
garlic -
oats - 2 kinds of Kashi high fiber cereal (1/2 C each), whole grain pita
onions -
oranges -
pumpkin -
spinach -
tea - black decaf
tomatoes - would tomatillos fit here?
turkey -
walnuts - almond milk
yogurt -

joyofsix
02-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Coming up on the weekend. Here's hoping it goes as well as the week.
Welcome Canelle:welcome2:
Hi Susan:wave:
Today
B-Kashi pilaf, prunes chopped in, cinnamon
S-veggie spring roll(romaine, carrots, avacado)
L-Pizza (no other choice where I was), water
S-strawberries, Yogurt, honey
D-Minestrone, ry-krisps
S-green tea, dark chocolate, almonds and walnuts
10 again

srmb60
02-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Evening folks! I had a much better day today ... all around!

beans
broccoli
oats - a fabulous grain wrap
oranges - juice
pumpkin
salmon - in a wrap
soy
spinach - in the wraps
tea - green
tomatoes - raw in the wrap
turkey
walnuts - yes
yogurt - yes

I'm struggling a little because I haven't had enough calories or superfoods. But I'm not hungry. I'll update these 9 if I think of a healthy snack I want.

canelle
03-01-2008, 02:04 AM
thanks for the welcome wagon! you can come over for lunch anytime... I am in montreal though!

Today I had to make 2 carrot cakes, and 4 types of cookie dough (I bake for a few cafés and health food stores.) It is so hard to actually have both hands covered in dough, but I did *ok*, only licked my fingers a few times...

B: chopped strawberries and nectarine w/ 1 c ff sf yogurt, 1/2 c oats, 1 TB flax. Black tea with almond milk + fructose

S: 1/2 green pepper, carrot sticks

L: black bean soup, 1 slice 100% whole wheat toast, 1 tsp natural peanut butter

S: 1 cup unsweetened soy milk, 10 corn tortilla chips

D: steamed broccoli spritzed w/ olive oil, light feta cheese, soy chicken strips, 6 oz baked sweet potato

13!

startanew
03-01-2008, 12:00 PM
I can't wait to get my book and get started with you guys! Is there another fish besides salmon that would work? Thats the only thing on the list I don't like.

Tracy

azmom
03-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Is the cheapest place to get the book through Amazon?

Darkblue
03-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Canelle, welcome! I want to try your rice "pudding" idea as well--sounds yummy!

srmb60
03-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Tracy ... the book says alaskan halibut, albacore tuna, sardines, herring, trout, sea bass, oysters and clams. But I only have the first book. We could look at the stickies and check.

Azmom ... I got mine from amazon.ca I think. How about half.com or ebay?

I'm struggling with my appetite again today. Calories are too low!
beans
blueberries - in a doughnut :o
broccoli - raw lunch
oats
oranges - juice
pumpkin - carrot raw lunch
salmon
soy
spinach
tea - green right now
tomatoes - melon raw
turkey
walnuts
yogurt - mid afternoon snack

I had an apple too. So 7 1/2 ;)

emiloots
03-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Hey ladies, I'd like to join in - bought the book the other day! I'm trying to work up to 10 a day but gotta start somewhere right :D

2 slices 100% whole wheat toast, 1 Tbsp. smart balance light, 1.5 Tbsp 100% fruit blackberry spread (240)
coffee w/ 1.5 pumps cinn. dolce syrup & dash of skim (40/280)
8 oz. POM 100% pomegranate juice (160/440)
2 slices 100% whole wheat bread, 2.5 oz. fresh roasted turkey breast, 1 Tbsp lt. mayo, 18g provolone cheese, spring mix & tomato (370/810)
12 oz organic makibari darjeeling tea (0/810)
4 oz. grilled marinated chicken breast over baby spinach & spring mix (250/1060)
2 Tbsp ginger wasabi dressing (50/1110)
1 tbsp total of wheat germ & flaxmeal (40/1150)
dark chocolate hot cocoa (150/1300)

srmb60
03-01-2008, 08:07 PM
I felt pretty stupid ... between this list and my fitday ... that's pathetic. So I took a half a gravol and waited. Sure enough, thinking about food got to be some easier. I had an ancient grains tortilla with turkey, greens and tomato.

That's honestly 10 or 11 and I bumped up to over 1000 cals. Must figure out what that nausea is all about.

startanew
03-01-2008, 09:46 PM
azmom-just ordered mine through ebay, it was $10 including shipping.
Susanb-Thanks, I think I could handle the tuna...maybe the halibut. I'll check the stickies.

Darkblue
03-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Susan, are you eating enough? 1000 k/cal is very low.

canelle
03-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Tracy: the list w/ sidekicks is posted up as a sticky. Just start trying to incorporate those things as mainstays in your diet and post along with us!

DarkBlue: Let me know what you think... might be an *acquired* taste

SusanB: Hope you feel better :/ Nuts are always a good way to boost up calories

I went to a friend's "beer tasting" party tonight. He brewed his own! I knew that I would need to drink one, even though I don't generally drink...

B: 1/2 c oatmeal w/ 3/4 c ff sf yogurt, 1 TB flax, 1/2 c chopped mango, black tea w/ almond breeze and fructose.

S: 1 ounce brazil nuts, handful of grapes

L: whole wheat crepe (made with wheat germ, whole wheat flour, soy milk, olive oil, maple syrup and pumpkin, stuffed with steamed kale and cottage cheese

S: an orange

D: salmon fillet w/ baked sweet potato and an enormous salad with romaine, yellow peppers, tomato and cucumber. Topped with balsamic and salt free seasoning.

S: 3/4 of a beer, handful of terra sweet potato chips (ingredients: sweet potato, canola oil)

A: 2 mile walk with dog, upper body circuit w/ dumbells

srmb60
03-02-2008, 04:50 AM
I did go back and have a wrap with peanutbutter so I ended up over 1400. I'm not sure what's going on. I'm never, never, never sick. And there's nothing else, just that nausea later in the day.

Don't worry about me honeys. Under eating is never the problem for me.

Glory87
03-02-2008, 12:34 PM
Okay - back from Vegas! Trying to get it back together. Ugh work trips!!!

srmb60
03-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Sunday!

beans
blueberries
broccoli - in a wrap
oats - ancient grains tortilla
oranges - juice
pumpkin -
salmon
soy
spinach - in a wrap
tea - green
tomatoes - in a wrap
turkey - chicken in my supper wraps
walnuts - peanutbutter
yogurt - mid afternoon snack

9 and an apple ... and well over 1800 cals.

canelle
03-02-2008, 07:21 PM
susan - are the ancient grain tortillas you are eating the ezekiel ones? I wish we got the la tortilla factory ones here... dying to make some burritos!

srmb60
03-03-2008, 07:54 AM
Canelle ... they're made by Dempsters. They're not as natural as I'd like. They do have additives but I can get them anytime I want at my local grocer and they go on sale sometimes.

AndLy
03-03-2008, 11:10 AM
This morning was weigh in day, down 3!! :D I love this, because I never feel hungry and the food is great.

I had my first Nectar bar yesterday. I took my 3 kids to the movies and took that so I could have a treat while they had one. YUMMY! It was the dark chocolate/walnut bar, it tastes like a brownie, it was delicious.

Monday
B-light soy milk w/coffee
low fat yogurt
raspberries
low fat oatmeal granola

Snack-walnuts

Lunch-grilled turkey burger on sesame roll w/romaine, tomato, pickles, 3/4 TBSP
low fat mayo, mustard, large iced tea

Snack-kids Clif bar

Dinner-stir fried veggies(EVOO)-carrots, celery, zucchini, pea pods
a piece of fish w/a little panko crusted in the stir fry pan
YUM

Total so far=13?

Have a good superfoods day ladies!

Glory87
03-03-2008, 03:41 PM
I loooove the dark chocolate walnut Nectar bar - it is my FAV!!!!

After last week's seemingly endless Vegas eating debacle, I am committed to being on track this week. If I can avoid the new Starbucks honey latte.

Sunday

Breakfast - 2 kashi waffles, one with natural peanut butter, 1 with cherry butter

Snack - fresh strawberries from the farmer's market

Lunch - tuna salad (light mayo, onions, dill pickles) on whole grain bread

Snack - honey latte from Starbucks (OHMYGOD, I love these!!) asked for no whip, no extra honey on the top

Snack - orange

Dinner - Went to Quiznos, had a 200 calorie chicken sammy and a 200 calorie bistro steak sammy, 1 cup of chili

Monday

Breakfast - 1/2 cup of pumpkin flax cereal, Trader Joe's fat free Greek honey yogurt, 2 spoons of wheat germ

Snack - strawberries

Lunch - salad with the most gorgeous fresh romaine from the farmer's market, never saw such dark green, crisp, wonderful romaine in my life! grape tomatoes, yellow pepper, 1/5 of an avocado, roasted corn, red onion, chicken breast, organic BBQ sauce, a little fat free ranch dressing (I made 5 of these last night, so lunch will be a cut and paste the rest of the week)

Snack - no sugar added cocoa

Snack - tangelo

Snack - cut up veggies (grape tomatoes, red pepper strips, sugar snap peas, baby carrots)

Dinner - shrimp stir fry over brown rice (broccoli, carrots, onion, baby corn, sliced water chestnuts)

srmb60
03-03-2008, 11:27 PM
beans
blueberries - raw
broccoli
oats
oranges - juice
pumpkin
salmon
soy - warm soy milk just now cuz it's cold outside
spinach - in a wrap
tea
tomatoes - in a wrap
turkey - in a wrap
walnuts - peanutbutter
yogurt - yes

and an apple

just 9, my grains were not good ones

canelle
03-04-2008, 02:17 AM
b: 1/2 c oats w/ 3/4 c ff plain yogurt 1/2 c strawberries, 1 TB flax, 1 TB fructose black tea

s: espresso w/ 1 cup soy milk, 1 tsp fructose

l: baked polenta w/ 1/4 block tofu, swiss chard, 1/2 red pepper and clove of garlic fried in vegetable stock

s: homemade carrot, cauliflower & sweet potato soup

d: 3/4 c brown rice blend with 1 c vegetarian chili (with black beans) and 1 oz soy cheddar

s: 1 c yogurt, 1 cup millet puffs, 1 tsp honey, 1 cup strawberries, 2 TB wheat germ

18! (20 if i count yogurt and strawberries twice)

startanew
03-04-2008, 10:22 AM
Hello everyone! Yesterday I think I did really well!
snack: apple green tea w/soymilk and stevia
Breakfast: oatmeal, blueberries,flaxseed,turkey bacon
snack:blueberries
Lunch:albacore tuna w/tsp lt mayo on half whole wheat pita
wilted spinach and tomato
snack: yogurt and more blueberries
Dinner: chicken w/tomato, spinach,garbanzo beans, and carrots
brown rice
snack:yogurt blueberries
At 8p.m. I was starving, so I had a piece of whole wheat bread.
Lots of water all day!

joyofsix
03-04-2008, 10:28 AM
I haven't even been on the 'puter the last few days so I missed some days accounting. Here's today's plan:

B-w eggs, feta spinach
S-ww bread,peanut butter
L-salmon,bok choy,carrots,brown rice
S-wasa, chevre,olives
D-chicken breast,salad-tomato, romaine,onion,roast cauliflower
S-green tea, strawberries,yogurt

Glory87
03-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Hey Jo6! Cauliflower is a broccoli/cruciferous veggie sidekick :)

Glory87
03-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Ah, I am so lame. I am having the exact same foods today as I had yesterday (I made salad for 5 days on Sunday and I made enough stir fry for 2 nights, at least dinner will be ready in 4 minutes). I'll try to shake it up tomorrow. Blueberries instead of strawberries, at least.

Tuesday

Breakfast - 1/2 cup of pumpkin flax cereal, Trader Joe's fat free Greek honey yogurt, 2 spoons of wheat germ

Snack - strawberries

Lunch - salad with the most gorgeous fresh romaine from the farmer's market, never saw such dark green, crisp, wonderful romaine in my life! grape tomatoes, yellow pepper, 1/5 of an avocado, roasted corn, red onion, chicken breast, organic BBQ sauce, a little fat free ranch dressing (I made 5 of these last night, so lunch will be a cut and paste the rest of the week)

Snack - tangelo

Snack - cut up veggies (grape tomatoes, red pepper strips, sugar snap peas, baby carrots)

Dinner - shrimp stir fry over brown rice (broccoli, ****ake mushrooms, carrots, onion, baby corn, garlic, spicy stir fry sauce, sliced water chestnuts)

AndLy
03-04-2008, 04:56 PM
So far so good.

B-fage 0% yogurt w/raspberries and lowfat oatmeal granola, 1 1/2 teaspoon honey, coffee w/lowfat chocolate soy milk and a dash of sugar free torani

S-breakfast was kind of late so no snack today

L-shaved turkey on sesame roll w/ roasted red pepper hummus, peppercini's and romaine, strawberries, 3/4 cup trader joe's pirate booty

S-iced tea and a kids clif bar

D-baked salmon, tomato/red pepper soup w/1 cup cauliflower and sesame crackers

Treat-1 chocolate covered macadamia nut (my parents just got back yesterday from Hawaii and they brought me a box of them!!! UGH! I'm taking the rest to work today to give to the staff :) )

sharonrr1
03-04-2008, 06:29 PM
avocado asparagus roasted
beans
blueberries
broccoli several servings, also cauliflower
oats
oranges - morning
pumpkin - orange bell pepper in omelet and salad
salmon
soy-
spinach - in my omelet and in my salad also romaine lettuce
tomatoes
turkey
walnuts almonds in my omelet
yogurt
tea 3 cups green

I had several servings broccoli and cauliflower, also, spinach and romaine lettuce. I count 7 plus.

I haven't been around lately. But I'm still eating the superfoods and loving the food.

srmb60
03-04-2008, 11:57 PM
beans
blueberries - raw
broccoli
oats - ancient grains tortilla
oranges - juice
pumpkin - carrots
salmon - sardines
soy
spinach - in salad
tea
tomatoes
turkey - in salad
walnuts - peanutbutter
yogurt - yes

9 today

canelle
03-05-2008, 02:11 AM
b: 2 slices sprouted grain bread w/ 1 TB natural peanut butter, 1/2 banana, 1/2 tsp honey, and some "canelle" (cinnamon) w/ black tea

l: black beans and rice with big salad (red leaf lettuce, shredded carrots and sprouts, with balsamic.) more cauliflower, carrot, sweet potato soup

s: navel orange

s: oatmeal cookie (was testing out a new recipe and got carried away)

d: egg whites scrambled with tomatoes, crumbled light feta, spinach salad with orange and sunflower seeds. baked polenta. frozen blackberries blended w/ yogurt

joyofsix
03-05-2008, 08:20 AM
Gotta have a plan. Do others have to think of this the night before to get it right?
B-ww pancake(homemade), blueberries
S-pear, 1 oz blue chees
L-minestrone-chickpeas, tomatoes, carrots,broccoli, ww roll
S-yogurt,honey,tea
D-chicken currychicken breast, sweet potato, cauliflower, peas, brown rice
S-almonds&walnuts, diet cocoa

startanew
03-05-2008, 08:52 AM
another good day:
B-2 eggs w/ spinach and tomato
S-apple and green tea w/soymilk and stevia
L-chicken w/garbanzo beans,spinach in tomato sauce, brown rice, sweet potato
D-Orange tofu stirfry(recipe from Glory-yummy!),broccoli,mushrooms, orange bell pepper,spinach
S-yogurt and walnuts

srmb60
03-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Planning, Lisa?

If I'm feeding my family, yes!!
If like this week, I'm on evenings and I eat kinda snacky, not so much. I just need to make sure I've got the right foods in the house and in my lunch bag.

AndLy
03-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Good morning ladies!

Have to run into work early this morning so I only have a second to post my plan for today:

B-shredded wheat w/raspberries and strawberries and skim milk, coffee w/low fat soy milk

S-walnuts and grapes

L-1 slice 12 grain bread (I ran out of whole wheat), romaine, tomato, peppercini's, turkey, 1 TBSP roasted red pepper hummus, 1 cup trader joe pirate booty

S-tea/kid clif bar

D-terryaki baked salmon, tons of stir fry veggies, 1/2 yellow squash, 1/2 zucchini, tons of pea pods

Treat-1 choc. covered mac nut-I gotta hurry up and get rid of those things!

My plan for the rest of the day is this:
S-walnuts and grapes
L-turkey burger or turkey sandwich, veggies or soup
S-tea and kids clif bar
D-sesame terryaki salmon and veggies
**Did really well sticking with plan!!!

Have a Super superfoods day!

Glory87
03-06-2008, 01:49 AM
Wednesday

Breakfast - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 spoons of wheat germ, 2 big spoons of apple butter

Snack - strawberries

Snack - tangelo

Dinner - veggie burger on a whole wheat bun, tomato, roasted onions, mushrooms, avocado, lettuce, chipotle sauce, 1 piece of jack cheese, 130 calorie pack of white cheddar pirate's booty (we went to play board games with friends and I did MUCH better staying on plan vs the last 2 times)

startanew
03-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Yesterdays menu
B-2 eggs w/spinach,tomatoes, mushrooms, flax and feta
s-apple and tea
L-vegetable soup and pita
D- 3 cheese spinach and chicken penne,cauliflower, whole wheat toast
s-yogurt and walnuts
Gotta work on more fruit today!

Glory87
03-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Berries are coming into season - I got 3 packs of blueberries for 6 bucks yesterday! And of course, it's tangelo season, my favorite!

AndLy
03-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Good morning:wave:

For breakfast I had oatmeal w/raspberries, walnuts and 2 tsp maple syrup drizzled on top, and of course my morning iced coffee-coffee, low fat low calorie chocolate soy milk, dash of torani sugar free syrup-caramel flavored, YUM!

I'm heading out right now to get a few more groceries. I'm planning for dinner to have a turkey burger and some home made baked sweet potato fries, I'm just gonna cut up a sweet potato and drizzle with a teensy bit of EVOO and a dash of seasonings and bake them-I hope they turn out alright! I bought a sweet potato the other day and I need to use it!!! No plan yet for lunch but I'll figure it out!

B-oatmeal,raspberries,walnuts,coffee w/soymilk
S-carrots/peapods about 1 cup w/grey poupon mustard mixed w/honey
L-1/2 ww sub (about 4 inches), left over salmon, romaine, cup of tomato/red pepper soup w/sesame stick crackers

***Dinner added***
My lovely mommy was bbsitting my kids and made dinner for me so I didn't get to have the burger and sweet potato fries but I did get to have some delicious rice and black beans and 2 fish tacos...they were light and heavenly!!

Total=11 *will add dinner later

Glory87
03-06-2008, 12:31 PM
I loooove sweet potato fries! I like them with lime and chili powder!

startanew
03-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Yum sounds good. I made sweet potato chips yesterday and they were delicious!

joyofsix
03-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Not sure today will be so super.
B-croissant (dh brought them home, gets his feelings hurt if I don't have one)
S-green tea
L-salad(avacado,chicken breast, tomato, spinach, cheese,plain yogurt
S-rice cakes w/ frosting-eeeek
D-(the plan)ww spaghetti, tomato sauce,broccoli
S-orange

Glory87
03-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Thursday

Breakfast - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 spoons of wheat germ, 2 big spoons of apple butter, small handful of cinnamon honey walnuts

Snack - 4.4 oz fresh blueberies

Lunch - salad with the most gorgeous fresh romaine from the farmer's market, never saw such dark green, crisp, wonderful romaine in my life! grape tomatoes, yellow pepper, shredded carrots, broccoli slaw, 1/5 of an avocado, roasted corn, red onion, chicken breast, organic BBQ sauce, a little fat free ranch dressing.

Snack - tangelo

Dinner - going to make Mandalinn's yummy parm chicken with spicy marinara, a little low fat mozzarella and a dusting of parmesan over spaghetti squash, steamed broccoli

horsey
03-07-2008, 12:32 PM
Can i join in on this group, I've been studying the Superfoods diet and need to get a routine down for counting superfoods and eating more nutritiously. I have the new book, and read the old one, I love this author.

Glory87
03-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Of course, anybody is welcome.

AndLy
03-07-2008, 05:12 PM
B-oatmeal, honey, walnuts, grapes
coffee w/soymilk

L-grilled turkey burger on ww bun w/romaine
EVOO sweet potato fries!!! YUM!

S-tea/kids clif bar

***adding dinner and snack
D-1/3 of pad thai shrimp and tofu from peiwei

S-2 cups light micro popcorn

AndLy
03-08-2008, 10:42 PM
Saturday

B-light yogurt w/ 1/2 a banana and some oatmeal granola, soymilk coffee

S-kids clif bar

L-2 morning farms southwest veggie cakes w/romaine and avocado and drizzled with a dressing I made from 1 TBSP light sour cream and 1 TBSP salsa mixed together, an orange

D-I made a yummy new recipe that I came up with by modifying a few I've seen on this website-I took some chicken breast strips and dipped them in Frank's RedHot sauce and then rolled them in panko and baked them in the oven until they were crispy and then cut up 1 wedge of laughing cow garlic herb cheese and put it on top of the warm chicken so it got really warm and gooey and it tasted just like having hot wings w/bleu cheese! I also made for a side dish green pepper, orange pepper and potato cut into tiny chunks and sauteed with a little EVOO and some garlic and parsley--it was so delicious! I even have a few chicken strips left over for this week so i can make a spicy chicken wrap or something for lunch!

for dessert we are making sugar free fat free cook n serve chocolate jello pudding and I'm going to crumble a few walnuts on mine!

startanew
03-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Boy I've gotten behind!
Thursday-
b-blueberreis with soymilk
steamed cauliflower w/ feta(weird breakfast, lol)
l-lefter 3 cheese chicken penne w/extra mushrooms, tomatoes and flax
d-veggie burger w/tomato and mushrooms, feta whole wheat bread
s-dried fruit, walnuts and blueberry yogurt

Friday started out great but...
s-whole wheat toast w/ raspberry fruit spread
b-egg w/mushrooms,brocolli, pepper, feta
l-I made a "tomato soup"w/ tomatoes,whole wheat pasta,and spinach, feta,
s-dried fruit
Dinner we went out. I took my own dressing(brand new bottle) and it was spoiled. So I used the dressing there, but at that point I didn't even want a salad. So I ordered pork kabob w/ onions, peppers, carrots,yellow squash and zucchini.
Got home and had a binge moment and ate some cookies. :( They were low fat, so I didn't go over my calories for the day at least!

startanew
03-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Saturday
b-eggs w/broccoli, red pepper and feta
l-soy burger w/mushroom, tomato and spinach
s-yogurt and dried fruit
d-Homemade vegetable chili(zucchini,corn,tomato,black bean,onion,veggie burger crumbles)
cauliflower
s-slice of pizza(it was homemade w/lowfat cheese and lots of sauce)

startanew
03-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Andly your dinner looks delicious! probably a stupid question-whats panko?

AndLy
03-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Oooo! Panko is amazing. It is a certain type of breadcrumb and it gives a really terrific crunch to foods to make them feel like they are fried even when they're just baked. I've recently learned from Glory that they also make a whole wheat version though I've still not been able to find them, but I'm definitely on the lookout! I make a lot of things with Panko b/c my kids will eat many more veggies if I make them look like fried!

AndLy
03-09-2008, 12:52 PM
I tried another new recipe for breakfast today. I made pumpkin pancakes! They are really tasty too. I wish I had some whole wheat flour or pancake mix but I'm kind of waiting to use what I have here before I run out and get that. I mixed a whole can of 100% pumpkin in with regular pancake batter and water and some pumpkin pie spice. They take quite a bit longer to cook and I put the temperature on the burner down a little lower so they wouldn't burn but still be gooey too. The real test will be when the kids wake and eat them, I hope they like them. I topped mine off with a tiny bit of walnut and a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar!

B-soymilk coffee, pumpkin pancakes w/walnuts

***adding the rest of Sunday***
L-3" whole wheat turkey sub w/romaine, avocado, roasted red pepper and peppercini's, carrots

S-mini sized golden spoon yogurt (does anyone else have a golden spoon nearby?? They have frozen yogurt w/all the live active cultures so it counts as yogurt and it only has 68 calories for the mini size!!! I got mint flavor, tasted just like mint ice cream)

D-roasted garlic cauliflower!! Yum! whole wheat burrito-fat free refried beans, black beans, tomato, romaine, radiccio(sp?), a small sprinkling of low fat cheese, avocado

joyofsix
03-10-2008, 11:59 AM
New week already.
B-2 pc ww toast, peanut butter (I've got to buy more almond butter)
L-salad-spinach, red pepper, avocado, cucumber&blue cheese, potato leek soup
S-blueberries, yogurt, honey
D-salmon,brown rice,broccoli
S-green tea,dark chocolate

AndLy
03-10-2008, 01:39 PM
B-low fat yogurt, raspberries, low fat granola, coffee w/soymilk

***weigh in day*** lost one more pound (I think I actually lost more but it's TOM and I feel really really bloaty)

S-tangelo, man that was the juiciest yummiest piece of fruit I've ever eaten! I had never had one before but Glory is constantly posting about them and they were such a good bargain this week that I had to get a few, and I'm so glad I did, they are delicious!

L-left over buffalo spicy chicken breast strips, left over green/orange peppers w/olive oil potatoes, left over roasted garlic cauliflower(I'm sensing a leftover theme for lunch today, lol)

S-kids clif bar , tea

D-whole wheat tortilla, chicken breast meat, black beans, 1 oz low fat cheese, tomatoes & green chiles, 5 olives---grilled all that into a light quesadilla, and topped with romaine, tomato, radiccio, and a light salsa dressing I made from light sour cream and salsa

S-no sugar added cocoa

Tally so far today: 14
yogurt
blueberries
oats
pumpkin
turkey
olive oil
broccoli
garlic
soy
tea
beans
spinach
tomato
dark chocolate

Cheree
03-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Thought I would start posting here since I am a "SuperFoods RX" ("SuperFoods HealthStyle" & "The SuperFoodsRx Diet") fan and have been trying to get in as many super foods for awhile now. I enjoy reading how everyone is getting in the super foods, thanks!!!

B - sauteed chopped orange bell peppers & spinach added to 3 egg whites after they were partially set. Then I put slices of tomato on top and broiled it (I use a fairly small omelet type pan...I could try flipping it instead of broiling it). I try to get in as many vegetables in the morning as possible.
1/2 cup of Trader Joe's Greek 0% yogurt and about 1/2 cup of blueberries (I'm a blueberry freak).
Cup of green tea.

S - small gala apple

L - (Not sure yet, I had a late breakfast)

startanew
03-10-2008, 05:15 PM
The past couple days I haven't been doing the greatest! Hope to get back on track tomorrow! Sunday
B-2 whole wheat blueberry pancakes w/sugar free syrup
L-leftover veggie chili w/ cauliflower
s-sugarfree pudding and walnuts
d-Dinner was just delicious! I made kabobs and my husband grilled them! YUM!
chicken and tofu kabobs w/ red & green peppers,onions, mushrooms,zucchini, summer squash, fresh steamed corn on the cob
8 pm snack-a few bites of chicken kabob :)
Monday
b-ww blueberry pancakes w/fruit spread
l-Turkey sub sandwich, vegetable soup
s-sugar free jello w/ peaches
d-My sons birthday and he wants to go to Mcdonalds- Lol, guess I'll get the chicken salad. :)

Glory87
03-10-2008, 06:25 PM
S-tangelo, man that was the juiciest yummiest piece of fruit I've ever eaten! I had never had one before but Glory is constantly posting about them and they were such a good bargain this week that I had to get a few, and I'm so glad I did, they are delicious!

Mmmm tangelos, so yummy in season! This is my favorite time of years, they are such an easy to peel, flavorful orange, they rarely disappoint!

Well, I had an interesting 3 days. Dinner out on Friday night, I did pretty good with an entree choice, but dipped into the shared appetizers (including chicken tenders, which I didn't even like very much - I mystify myself sometimes). Dessert was a huge chocolate brownie with ice cream with a MELTED HERSHEY BAR on top of the brownie. Well, that was hard to resist.

Saturday was on plan (AND I WORKED OUT, YAY ME) but we had a fabulous dinner party at a friend's house and I overindulged in cheese and this amazing roasted garlic butter on sourdough. I did pretty well with the entree (grilled ahi, couscous, wilted spinach) but I brought the chocolate molten lava cake dessert (!!). I made a raspberry sauce on the stove and strained the seeds out, decorated the plates, I felt very very Top Chef. It was wonderful and I managed to stop at half, so full and yucky feeling all night though. Stupid cheese.

Yesterday was pretty good, went to see a movie with friends and ended up at Bucca Di Beppo. That place is a healthy eater's nightmare, they got rid of the yummy garlicky greens I like so much. I ended up splitting a gnocchi with a friend (portion was still too big and cheesy). The restaurant ended up messing up so much of our service they comped our meals and gave us a chocolate Vesuvious dessert - well, I only had a few bites, but really - I feel completely out of control!

Back on track today, scale is up (to be expected) so aiming for 1400 calories today. Pants were all tight and icky yesterday :( but it is the week before my period, hopefully some of it is bloat!!

:00 breakfast - 1/2 cup pumpkin flax granola (140 calories), fat free Greek honey yogurt (120 calories)

10:00 snack - 6 oz fresh blackberries (100 calories)

12:00 lunch - big spinach salad - chopped red onion, shredded carrots, grape tomatoes, 1/5 red pepper, 1/4 cup roasted corn, chicken breast, organic barbeque sauce (estimate - 300 calories)

1:00 snack - tall no sugar added mocha from Coffee Bean (100 calories - estimate)

3:00 snack - tangelo (100 calories)

5:00 snack - cut up veggies (sugar snap peas, baby carrots, orange pepper strips, grape tomatoes (100 calories)

7:30 dinner - 4 oz chicken breast (breaded in a little egg, panko), steamed broccoli crown, 1/2 spaghetti squash, 1/2 cup low fat marinara (estimate 400 calories)

joyofsix
03-11-2008, 06:46 AM
Another day, another plan.
B-homemade ww, blueberry muffin(only whole grain, lots of fruit, little sugar), coffee
S-carrot sticks
L-spinach w/garlic,sweet potato,chicken breast
S-yogurt and honey,green tea w/mint
D-romaine,yellow pepper,cucumber,tomatosalad, chickpea,cauliflower and pea curry on brown rice
S-nectarine, dark chocolate

startanew
03-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Plan for Tuesday
B-2 ww blueberry pancakes with raspberry fruit spread
l- tofu stirfry (brocolli,cauliflower, carrots,squash), brown rice
s-apple
d-some kind of pasta dish with lots of veggies
s-walnuts, yogurt

startanew
03-11-2008, 11:57 AM
You all make those tangelos sound delicious! I'm having a hard time with the orange superfood, I don't really care for oranges...maybe I would like these better. I've also been thinking of getting a juicer to make fresh orange juice, anyone do this?

AndLy
03-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Dessert was a huge chocolate brownie with ice cream with a MELTED HERSHEY BAR on top of the brownie. Well, that was hard to resist.

Holy chocolate batman! I would definitely think it would be hard to resist that, it sounds like chocolate heaven, lol!

My appetite is really changing with this superfoods eating. I have really no desire to eat most of the stuff I used to eat. It's almost like a mini contest with myself to eat the most superfoods I can w/low calorie/light eating and make all my recipes healthy. I definitely have much more energy than I've had in years, yesterday I swept and mopped the whole house lickety split, whereas before I would have broken the job down into a different section each day because it would have been too much to do in one day. :carrot: Go veggies! :carrot:

Glory, you are so right about the tangelo's being easy to peel, lol. The peel just practically falls off in your hand!

Today's plan
B-lowfat yogurt w/strawberries and raspberries, low fat oat granola, walnuts, coffee w/soy milk
S-tangelo!
L-salad w/turkey and various veggies and an apple
S-tea and clif bar
D-brown rice and terryaki veggies and pineapple
S-watermelon

**Actual**
B-lowfat yogurt w/strawberries and raspberries, low fat oat granola, walnuts, coffee w/soy milk
S-tangelo
L-salad-romaine/radiccio, black beans, garbanzo beans, roasted red pepper w/homemade honey mustard, tomato red pepper soup w/roasted cauliflower & garlic, chicken breast meat w/tomatoes and green chili's, sesame sticks
S-tea/clif bar
D-brown rice w/grilled veggies(zucchini, yellow squash, orange and green bell pepper) and pineapple w/terryaki sauce

**I also did my first 'official' exercising today. It is such a beautiful day out and put my tennis shoes on, grabbed my iPod and took off walking. It was only 30 minutes, but you gotta start somewhere right??**

WaterRat
03-11-2008, 01:49 PM
I've been lax in posting here, though not in eating superfoods! :)

B - cheerios w/milk, .5 oz of walnuts, ww toast w/current jelly (homemade)
S - red grapes
L - homemade chicken soup with onions, carrots, celery, red peppers
S - yogurt w/ blackberries
D - stir fry: red peppers, celery, mushrooms, onion, zucchini

My last CSA box had tangelos - and they were delicious! Very juicy. I pick up another tonight, and I've forgotten everything that's in there (they email you a list so you can substitute if you like) I know there's a mango!

horsey
03-12-2008, 01:06 AM
Breakfast - WW blueberry Muffin, orange
Lunch - salad greens with romaine lettuce/spinich, sunflower seeds, tomato, olives, Boca soy burger, ww bun, onion
Snack - Latte, 1/4 oatmeal cookie
Dinner - Grilled pork, green beans, almonds, lowfat cheese
Snack - yogurt, apple
This is my first post, I'm studying this superfoods diet, how did I do? I believe I did 10-12 superfoods today.

joyofsix
03-12-2008, 12:16 PM
B-blueberries, 2pc ww french toast
S-cheese stick, 1/2 kashi bar
L-romaine salad, cukes, red peppers, homemade split pea soup
S-1/2 nectarine,almonds,1/2 C fiber one.tea
D-homemade pizza (ww crust, tomato sauce, spinach, yellow peppers
carrot and celery sticks
S-brown rice,chopped prunes,honey,cinnamon

AndLy
03-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Looks good horsey!

B-2 pumpkin pancakes w/straw&raspberries, and walnuts, coffee w/soymilk
L-tangelo, whole wheat 3" sub w/turkey, tomato, romaine, roasted red pepper and hummus(roasted red pepper flavor) Delicious sandwich!
S-tea & kid clif bar
D-brown rice w/left over grilled veggies(orange and green bell peppers, carrots, zucchini, yellow squash) grilled pineapple, cauliflower and garlic, honey soy sauce mixture
S-lowfat yogurt w/cocoa stirred in ! MMMM!

I think if I'm counting right that's 18 superfoods and sidekicks, not sure though.

Went walking again! That's 2 days in a row.
Will edit later to add as the day goes on :)

startanew
03-12-2008, 09:06 PM
Today was another rough start, but I did better later in the day.
b-honeydew, grapes,eggs w/mushrooms, bacon,potatoes(we went to a buffet)
l-peanut butter and raspberry fruit spread on whole wheat bread
d-black bean and mango salad(black beans,mangos,salsa,cilantro,olive oil, wild rice), veggie burger w/ avocado and salsa

canelle
03-13-2008, 02:57 AM
Hi all

I am still here, just have been lurking rather than posting. I started going back to counting weight watchers points for things until I get portion sizes under control... I really hate counting calories.

B: oats w/ blueberries and flax. yogurt with apple butter. black tea with a splash of soy milk and some fructose (5)

L: egg white omelet w/ spaghetti squash and kale. 2 slices spouted grain bread w/ light vache qui rit cheese. (3)

S: homemade blueberry oatbran muffin (best thing i have ever come up with I swear...) (1)

S: ff/sf yogurt w/ apple butter. an apple (2)

D: soba noodles with cabbage. terriaki tuna steak (3)

S: another blueberry oat bran muffin w/ more yogurt and another apple and also some blackberries (4)

18 big ones. ahh, i love superfoods...

srmb60
03-13-2008, 06:17 AM
I'm a bit rusty ... let me see ...
beans
blueberries
broccoli
oats - lots of whole grains ... wrap, roll ...
oranges - juice & an orange
pumpkin - carrots
salmon - pan fried in my new pans!!!
soy
spinach - raw in salad
tea
tomatoes
turkey - chicken breast in salad
walnuts - peanutbutter on a wrap
yogurt

just 7 hmmm .... I'll do better today

AndLy
03-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Had a great food day yesterday. Well, actually I've had lots of great food days. It's much easier for me to eat healthily since hubby is out of town. The kids are even getting used to it. I started putting their lunch sandwiches on whole wheat bread and they actually like it better because they said it helps fill them up more so they don't get too hungry during their afternoon classes. I'm not totally forcing all health foods on them, but including as many as I can get away with and they are really liking it so far.

B-2 pumpkin pancakes w/straw & raspberries, walnuts ,a drizzle of syrup, coffee w/soymilk
L-3" ww sub w/turkey, avocado, roasted red peppers, and roasted red pepper hummus (psst! I LOVE roasted red pepper, can you tell??) , 1 cup trader joe pirate booty, an apple (small gala)
S-tea/kids clif bar
*will add more as the day goes on*
D-baked stuffed salmon(stuffed w/a spicy shrimp mixture), the last of the leftover roasted garlic and cauliflower, 4 poppyseed/sesame seed thin crisp crackers w/1 wedge laughing cow garlic herb cheese spread between them all

14 for today!

srmb60
03-14-2008, 12:41 AM
Thursday?

beans - in soup
blueberries
broccoli - cabbage in salad
oats - cereal
oranges - juice
pumpkin - carrots in soup
salmon
soy
spinach - in salad
tea
tomatoes - in soup
turkey
walnuts - walnuts and sunflower seeds
yogurt

8 ... getting better in increments ;)

Glory87
03-14-2008, 01:53 AM
Wow, so this was a weird week. Due to a weird convergence of social engagements - I went out to eat on Friday night, Saturday night, Monday night, Tuesday night and Wednesday night (well, Wednesday, I just picked up Chipotle and got a relatively healthy chicken bol). I have realized that I feel ENTITLED to have dessert when I go out to eat. That was okay (maybe) when I went out to eat 1 night a week, but having a big chocolate brownie with a melted hershey bar on top on Friday and then making molten lava cake on Saturday and then having a few bites of chocolate vesuvious at Bucco Di Beppo on Sunday and splitting a Smores thing on Monday night at Mimi's just isn't going to work for me.

Le sigh.

back on track today - Thursday

Breakfast - 1/2 cup Nature's Path pumpkin flax cereal, small container of Trader Joe's fat free greek yogurt with honey

Snack - 4.4 oz blackberries

Lunch - spinach, 90 calories of chicken breast, grape tomatoes, shredded carrot, chopped red onion, 1/5 chopped red pepper, broccoli slaw, organic bbq sauce

Snack - tangelo

Snack - 100 calories of no sugar added cocoa

Snack - cut up veggies (grape tomatoes, orange pepper strips, sugar snap peas, baby carrots)

Snack - small square of Hershey's dark chocolate with almonds, cranberries and blueberries - DELISH

Dinner - very lean hamburger whole wheat bun, spinach leaves, sliced tomato, pickle, red onion, organic ketchup, spicy brown mustard, roasted new potatoes with spices

On a plus, I did really well last night on Wednesday board game night. We play boardgames in a big conference room - stocked with nutter butters, oreos, granola bars, chips, packages of Kettle corn, some kinda brownie thing, there was also 1/2 no sugar added apple pie - I just had an extra cup of no sugar added cocoa which was a lot better than some of the other options! Success!

AndLy
03-14-2008, 02:51 PM
TGIF:D

I don't have to work tomorrow so I can finally say that! My job is weird. I work M-F 2:15pm - 8:45pm and SAT 8:30am - 1:15pm. But because two of my daughter's have a competition this weekend I don't have to work. On the downside that means sitting for hours Saturday and Sunday to watch. Oh well, it's really fun to watch their progress.

The kids only have a 1/2 day of school today because next week they are off for spring break. So I had to get a lot more done in a lot shorter period of time this morning. I already did my 30 minutes of walking, went and did a little bit of Easter shopping and picked up a couple items at the grocery store. Hope everyone has a great weekend:)

So far FRIDAY
B-2 pumpkin pancakes (the last ones:( )w/straw&raspberries, walnuts, a drizzle of syrup and coffee w/soymilk
S-tangelo
L-3" ww sub w/roasted red pepper hummus, spinach, roasted red peppers, avocado and turkey, 1 cup trader joe's pirate booty
S-tea/ kids clif bar
D-small size ww tortilla spread 1/2 w/fat free refried beans, 1/4 c(maybe less) spanish rice, chicken breast mixture(white meat chicken breast combined w/1 can rotel tomatoes and chilies) folded up and I grilled that in a pan sprayed w/canola oil spray to get it warmed and a little bit of crispiness, topped w/5 black olives cut up, 1/4 tomato diced, salsa dressing (light sour cream mixed w/salsa) drizzled over the top, 1/2 cup tomato and roasted red pepper soup, sesame crackers---it sounds like alot of food but it really wasn't, lol, it was perfect.

***will edit and add the rest later***

Glory87
03-14-2008, 11:12 PM
Did okay on Friday! Seem to be back on track

Breakfast - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 spoons of apple butter, small handful of walnuts

Lunch - spinach, 90 calories of chicken breast, grape tomatoes, shredded carrot, chopped red onion, 1/5 chopped red pepper, broccoli slaw, organic bbq sauce

Snack - tangelo

Snack - cut up veggies (grape tomatoes, orange pepper strips, sugar snap peas, baby carrots)

Dinner - home made pizza on organic sourdough crust - spinach, garlic, sun dried tomato, onion, kalamata olives, 1 serving of low fat feta cheese (70 calories)

I might have a glass of red wine, still undecided.

srmb60
03-15-2008, 09:56 AM
beans - snow peas
blueberries - raw
broccoli - cabbage in salad
oats - one of those tortillas
oranges - juice
pumpkin - carrots
salmon - we tried a new kind of white fish so probably no
soy
spinach - in my salad
tea
tomatoes - yes, lots!
turkey
walnuts - yes, snacks
yogurt - yes

11 on Friday! That's better! I can't quite imagine why I keep missing my tea ...

srmb60
03-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Since I need to fill my head with something other than thoughts of nonsmoking, you folks are going to have to suffer through some of my planning and scheming ;)

I've had brkfst - blueberries, orange juice, cottage cheese, coffee

I just ate some green tea and carrots.

In my bag for work ...

Ilene's pancake, soy cheese (enough for two snacks)

supper - sardines, salad with cherry tomatoes, sunflower seeds, walnuts, snow peas

two little yogurts for ???

beans y
blueberries y
broccoli y
oats y
oranges y
pumpkin y
salmon y
soy y
spinach y
tea y
tomatoes y
turkey
walnuts y
yogurt y

13 ... I'm very happy with that. Now ... to make it happen.

I had a chicken sandwich that I hadn't planned so I had 14 superfoods but up to around 1500 cals. I'm still pretty OK with that.

Glory87
03-15-2008, 08:09 PM

Lunch - After the gym, went to Souplantation. Had a big healthy salad - grilled chicken, spinach leaves, beets, a few black olives, a few peas, sunflower seeds, red onion, purple cabbage, broccoli, tomato, chickpeas (and that's all I remember!), fat free honey mustard, balsalmic vinaigrette, had half a bowl of chili, 1 small piece of low fat cornbread, small serving of fat free chocolate frozen yogurt topped with a splash of nuts, chocolate syrup

Snack - tall skinny Starbucks mocha

Dinner - lean burger, whole wheat bun, spinach leaves, tomato, 1/4 avocado, red onion, panko zucchini

Glory87
03-16-2008, 05:58 PM
Sunday

Lunch - I had one of those Annie's sushi kits - I didn't eat all the rice, but added 1/4 avocado and some pickled plum paste (umi)

Snack - tangelo

Dinner - chipotle chicken bol - no beans, tons of romaine, 2 scoops pico de gallo, a little hot salsa, 1/2 serving of guacamole

small jamba juice - I got the acai but instead of raspberry sherbert, I got low cal dairy base

srmb60
03-16-2008, 11:39 PM
panko zucchini???

Glory87
03-17-2008, 01:47 AM
Oh yeah - from the panko thread in fabulous foods! I dipped some zucchini slices in egg and then rolled them in whole wheat panko (very crunchy breadcrumb stuff), then baked them until crunchy. It's been so long since I've had a "real" onion ring - they taste like crunchy onion rings to me (especially when I dip them in ketchup). Mmmm crunchy goodness.

joyofsix
03-17-2008, 05:45 AM
It's a new week woohoo! and Happy St Paddy's Day:irish: Monday Plan
B-spinach omelet, coffee
S-walnuts.yogurt,green tea
Lromaine,carrot,yellow pepper,pearsalad w/blue cheese, vegetable soup, wasa cracker
S-oatmeal,prunes
D-roast, brussel sprouts,carrots
S-blueberry,kiwi,and orange salad

Glory87
03-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Breakfast - 1/2 Nature's Path pumkpkin flax cereal, Wallaby low fat maple yogurt

Snack - 4.4 oz blueberries

Lunch - spinach, 90 calories of chicken breast, grape tomatoes, shredded carrot, chopped red onion, 1/5 chopped red pepper, broccoli slaw, organic bbq sauce, a tiny bit of an avocado (1/2 split among 5 salads) and a few pieces of roasted sweet potato

Snack - tangelo

Dinner - spinach quesadillas, 2 50 calorie whole wheat tortillas, salsa, filling = package of defrosted chopped spinach, drained really well, small jar of artichoke hearts diced, sun dried tomato, red onion, 1/2 can of healthy request cream of mushroom soup, a few kalamata olives, a few pine nuts, cayenne, cumin, white pepper, a little bit of 2% sharp cheddar to stick it all together

AndLy
03-17-2008, 11:43 AM
I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Wasn't able to post my Sat/Sun meals b/c I was out of the house the whole weekend, but I did good. The girls both had terrific competitions! Woohoo!

This morning was weigh in day, I lost 3.5 lbs! Only 4.5 more until I can get under 200, yippee!

***will edit to add meals later***

B-I had to make more pumpkin pancakes b/c they were just so delicious last time. 2 pumpkin pancakes topped w/ one apple cut up and a couple tbsps walnuts that I cooked in a pan w/a spray of canola oil spray and a little cinnamon so they were all soft and warm, kind of like apple pie! It was a delicious breakfast w/coffee and soymilk-I'm already at 4 for just one meal!

L-tomato roasted red pepper soup w/ spinach and garbanzo beans and sesame crackers

S(2 pm)-yogurt

S(6 pm)-kids clif bar

D(9 pm)-I made a whole wheat crust pizza (bought some organic dough), topped w/tomatoes, spinach, baby bella mushrooms, broccoli, some olives, a drizzle of evoo, and some real parmesian reggiano cheese (just a teensy bit), I had 2 slices and a tangelo---the best part is that I have enough left over for 3 more meals of it!

Dessert-88 calories of dark chocolate bar-I got the 82% and it's just a little bit bitter for me so next time I will buy the 75% instead I think

KateB
03-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Hi Everyone!! I am gonna jump in on this one. Here is a little history on me...yo-yo dieter...maybe I should say more like bunjee dieter since the wieght "swings" have been 50 pounds or more.

Recently: Jan 21, 2008 I started Flat Belly Diet. I like it, but just felt it had something missing. Joined 2FC in February. Stumbled on Glory's story and was amazed...and INSPIRED!!! I started doing more reading on SUPERFOODS. Then ordered "Superfoods RX" from Amazon and a super food companion cook book. I am hooked!!! I must confess I think of Glory's story nearly everyday.

Since January 21 I have gone from 300 pounds to 276. My blood pressure is down. I have been working out and I feel FABULOUS!!! I started eating Superfoods and want to tell the world about it!!!! Much to my surprise I found I LOVE Salmon and Sweet Potatoes. the only way I had ever had Salmon before was from a can...the thought still gives me shivers. But wild caught sockeye salmon fillets, cooked with a small amount of lemon garlic oil and shallots....I could eat that EVERYDAY!!! Sweet Potatoes....Well I found some in the produce dept all peeled and cubed, I stir fry those with broccoli slaw, matchstick carrots, shallots, red, orange and yellow peppers and toss with brown rice YUMMY!!!

I am slowly converting my whole family. I have Glory to thank for that!!!

So for today, so far....

B-Oatmeal, orange, soy milk, tea

L- Salad with Spinach and Romaine, Albacore Tuna, Broccoli slaw, grape tomatoes. Dressing made with 1 T Nasoy, 1/2 tsp honey, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp dijon mustard. 1 cup strawberries 1 cup Stoneyfield Farms Low Fat French vanilla yogurt, 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts.

Supper tonight will be Chicken Breast, Brown Rice, & Sweet Potatoes I think the only I missed today was beans.

joyofsix
03-18-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm trying Glory's breakfast today. I tend to get in food ruts.
B-pumpkin flax cereal,yogurt
S-tea, orange
L-ww pita,hummus,spinach salad,lentil soup
S-carrot sticks,apple slices, peanut butter
D-lean hamburger,tomato, romaine,grilled onions&peppers,broccoli

srmb60
03-18-2008, 10:42 AM
:dizzy:Oh dear ... I must have misunderstood yesterday. It doesn't say as many foods as in the Supermarket ..... :dizzy:

AndLy
03-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Welcome Kate! You'll like it here :)

Tuesday

B-coffee/soymilk, 2 pumpkin pancakes topped w/1 cinnamon apple and walnuts

L-2 pieces whole wheat veggie pizza(tomato, spinach, broccoli, baby bella mushrooms, olive), a tangelo

S-tea/kid clif bar

D-veggie stir fry (zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, celery, broccoli, baby bella mushrooms), soba noodles (buckwheat) a splash of soy sauce and a drizzle of honey

***will edit as the day goes on to add my meals***

On a side note, it's Spring break for the girls and so today I accidentally slept in until 8:45 am - yikes! I thought I'd wake up around 7:30 which is an acceptable time for sleeping in, I guess I'll have to set my alarm for tomorrow, lol!

Glory87
03-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Joined 2FC in February. Stumbled on Glory's story and was amazed...and INSPIRED!!! I started doing more reading on SUPERFOODS. Then ordered "Superfoods RX" from Amazon and a super food companion cook book. I am hooked!!! I must confess I think of Glory's story nearly everyday.

Since January 21 I have gone from 300 pounds to 276. My blood pressure is down. I have been working out and I feel FABULOUS!!! I started eating Superfoods and want to tell the world about it!!!! Much to my surprise I found I LOVE Salmon and Sweet Potatoes. the only way I had ever had Salmon before was from a can...the thought still gives me shivers. But wild caught sockeye salmon fillets, cooked with a small amount of lemon garlic oil and shallots....I could eat that EVERYDAY!!! Sweet Potatoes....Well I found some in the produce dept all peeled and cubed, I stir fry those with broccoli slaw, matchstick carrots, shallots, red, orange and yellow peppers and toss with brown rice YUMMY!!!

I am slowly converting my whole family. I have Glory to thank for that!!!

B-Oatmeal, orange, soy milk, tea

L- Salad with Spinach and Romaine, Albacore Tuna, Broccoli slaw, grape tomatoes. Dressing made with 1 T Nasoy, 1/2 tsp honey, 1 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp dijon mustard. 1 cup strawberries 1 cup Stoneyfield Farms Low Fat French vanilla yogurt, 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts.
Supper tonight will be Chicken Breast, Brown Rice, & Sweet Potatoes I think the only I missed today was beans.

Wow, Kate that is awesome! Congrats on your 13 super foods yesterday, heh :) I'm so glad you are happy and feeling better and losing weight - your experience sounds a lot like mine. I was literally AMAZED how good whole foods tasted - salmon and sweet potatoes are 2 of my favorites too.

For me, since I packed all the same lunches on Sunday and I made enough spinach filling for 2 nights - exactly the same as yesterday! Weee! Oh wait, I used a different KIND of yogurt, that makes it very very different! ha

Breakfast - 1/2 Nature's Path pumkpkin flax cereal, Trader Joe's fat free Greek Yogurt with Honey

Lunch - spinach, 90 calories of chicken breast, grape tomatoes, shredded carrot, chopped red onion, 1/5 chopped red pepper, broccoli slaw, organic bbq sauce, a tiny bit of an avocado (1/2 split among 5 salads) and a few pieces of roasted sweet potato

Snack - tangelo

Dinner - spinach quesadillas, 2 50 calorie whole wheat tortillas, salsa, filling = package of defrosted chopped spinach, drained really well, small jar of artichoke hearts diced, sun dried tomato, red onion, 1/2 can of healthy request cream of mushroom soup, a few kalamata olives, a few pine nuts, cayenne, cumin, white pepper, a little bit of 2% sharp cheddar to stick it all together

azmom
03-18-2008, 11:16 PM
AndLy-Your pumpkin panckes sound yummy...care to share your recipe??

KateB
03-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Well I am a creature of habit and my breakfasts are nearly always the same. Mon-Fri I pack a lunch...I try to change it up a little so I don't get bored. So here goes....

B- Oatmeal, 2T Chopped Walnuts, 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar, orange, 8 oz soy milk and black chia tea.

L- Honey Dijon Turkey Waldorf Salad served on a bed of spinach and roamine. Strawberries and Yogurt.

Snack- Whole Wheat English Muffin with Organic Almond Butter

D- Salmon, Veggies (sweet potatoes, brocolli, carrots, red, yelllow and orange bell peppers) Brown Rice, and Soy Milk

That is my favorite supper!!! Hubby even looks forward to that one!!

I also have a question. How many Superfoodies here eat tofu?? How do you prepare it?? I keep telling myself I am gonna try it....but I am a bit tofuphobic. Any suggestions are mucho appreciated!!!

KateB
03-19-2008, 10:36 AM
Oh Yeah one more question....Where do you find Panko?? What other items in the store is it near?? I would like to try it.

Glory87
03-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Oh Yeah one more question....Where do you find Panko?? What other items in the store is it near?? I would like to try it.

Ha :) check out this thread!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134517

In my grocery store (which is just a plain jane, low rent, not fancy place) it is with the regular bread crumbs. Some folks have found it in the Asian food aisle. I also found it online at amazon.com!

Glory87
03-19-2008, 03:28 PM
I also have a question. How many Superfoodies here eat tofu?? How do you prepare it?? I keep telling myself I am gonna try it....but I am a bit tofuphobic. Any suggestions are mucho appreciated!!!

Well, tofu in its natural state is disgusting (in my opinion) it basically tastes like NOTHING. That can be positive, though, since tofu really soaks up the flavor of whatever it's marinated in. I make a fabulous orange/miso marinade that is great for tofu stir fry. I haven't made that in ages, I should do that!

I only like 2 kinds of tofu:

Silken - which I use to make dips.

Very very very firm cutlet style - which has a great texture and holds up well for stir frying. House cutlet style is the brand I buy (http://www.house-foods.com/our_products/images/related_tofu_age_cutlet2.gif). I used to only be able to get it in Asian grocery stores, but my regular grocery store has recently started carrying it, which is awesome.

I've heard people say they buy tofu and then do complicated stuff like press it to get a good texture - I just don't have the patience for that.

One thing I personally can't stand is "scrambled tofu" but some people really really love it. It's just a combination of weird texture and no taste that bugs me. But, I'm not a HUGE fan of scrambled eggs either.

Tofu is my hardest super food to fit in, I do like it in stir fries, but it's just not one of my usual food staples. I buy the super firm stuff, marinate it for a couple of hours. While my stir fry vegetables are stir frying, I'll usually sear the tofu in a pan and then add it to the vegetables at the last minute (so it gets a little crispy around the edges).

Edamame counts too, which I adore, I should eat more of that!

Glory87
03-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Wednesday

Breakfast - 1/2 Nature's Path pumkpkin flax cereal, Trader Joe's fat free Greek Yogurt with Honey

Snack - tangelo

Dinner - I have to get my car smog checked before board game night, so I plan to stop at Quiznos. I will get 2 of the 200 calorie chicken "sammies" on this yummy flat bread and a small cup of chili! I plan to stay OUT of all the snacks in the board game conference room and sip a no sugar added cocoa! We shall see how I do.

AndLy
03-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Wednesday

B-yogurt w/strawberries and blueberries, walnuts, coffee w/soymilk

L-whole wheat turkey sandwich w/avocado and roasted red pepper hummus, a tangelo

S-iced tea/clif bar(I ran out of kid clif z bars :( )

D-2 pieces organic whole wheat veggie pizza (tomato, spinach, garlic, broccoli, baby bella mushrooms, olives, EVOO), tomato roasted red pepper soup, garbanzo beans, sesame cracker sticks

S-88 calories DARK chocolate

AndLy-Your pumpkin panckes sound yummy...care to share your recipe??

Sure! It's not a science I just kind of winged it! I just used regular old Mrs. Butterworth's pancake batter (b/c I was trying to use up stuff I had before I bought new whole wheat or some kind of healthy kind) and used enough for 6 pancakes (I think it was 1 cup dry mix) I added 1/2 - 3/4 cup pumpkin and about 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice and about 1/2 -3/4 cup water - it all depends on things like humidity and stuff and then just cooked them like regular. They stay VERY moist on the inside b/c of the pumpkin so if you don't like them like that then make the batter thinner or cook them longer on lower heat so they don't burn.

Then I cut up an apple into slices and sprayed a small frying pan w/some canola oil spray and cooked the apple along w/about 2 tbsp walnuts and a dash of cinnamon until it was all soft and warm! Then I put it on top of my pancakes. It tastes like a combination of pumpkin pie and apple pie! Enjoy!!!

srmb60
03-20-2008, 10:09 AM
I don't think I did very well number-wise yesterday but ... I did use up some wilty mesclun. I sauteed it in olive oil margarine, added egg white and montreal steak spice ... rolled it into a tortilla and it was delicious.

It irritates me to toss greens just because we didn't put them away quick enough or they were too wet. I have put them is soup too.

So probably nuts, blueberries, whole grain, spinach, cruciferous veggies ...

Glory87
03-20-2008, 03:10 PM
Thursday

Breakfast - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 spoons wheat germ, 2 spoons apple butter, a few walnuts

Snack - blood orange

Dinner - maple glazed salmon, brown rice, steamed broccoli (affectionately known at my place as "loser meal 1" because it's so basic and easy to make)

KateB
03-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the info...a couple more questions...

What do you marinade tofu in??

What is Edamame?? I always thought it was a type of cheese. Go ahead laugh!!!

B-Oatmeal, 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar, 1 Tbls ground flax seed, an orange, 8 oz light vanilla soy milk, black chai tea

L- Spinach, Romaine, shredded carrots, brocoli slaw, 1 oz chopped walnuts, 3 oz chicken breast, raspberry vinegrett dressing, 1 cups strawberries, 1/2 cup french vanilla yogurt.

Snack 24 almonds, 1 apple

Dinner- I am in a time crunch tonight so I might just have a can of soup. I know not exactly superfood. But it keeps me in my calorie range, fills me up and it's quick. Although I might add some black beans to it to bump up the protien and add a super food.

Glory87
03-20-2008, 03:41 PM
I marinate tofu in anything, really. If I don't have a lot of time, I use bottled stir-fry sauce. Edamame are a kind of soybean. They are green-colored, sweet and tender and I love them in salads or stir fries. If you go to a Japanese restaurant, they are frequently available as an appetizer - steamed in their pods, lightly salted. Note, do not EAT the pods (ask me how I know this). Put the pod between your teeth and scrape the beans into your mouth, discard the pods (normally, they give you a little dish for the discard). When I buy them for salads, I buy the shelled, frozen beans (without pods), they are really easy to steam to use for salads.

This link has a picture of edamame in the pod:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edamame

Awesome edamame link:
http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=56288

Here is a recipe for one of my favorite tofu stir fries:

Orange Ginger Tofu Stir Fry

1 lb tofu
1 cup fresh orange juice
¼ cup rice vinegar
1/3 cup shoyu (kind of a soy sauce, substitute soy if you can't find it)
2 tbs canola oil
2 tsp dark sesame oil
3 garlic cloves
1 tbs minced fresh ginger
¼ tsp hot red pepper flakes
1 scallion
¼ cup chopped cilantro
1 jalapeno
5-6 mushrooms
1 orange pepper
1 carrot
1 broccoli crown
1 onion
snow peas
(whatever vegetables you want, those are just a suggestion)

In a medium bowl, wish together orange juice, vinegar, shoyu, oils, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes.

Place tofu in a baking dish in a single layer, cover with the marinade and sprinkle with the scallions and cilantro. Chop jalapeno and sprinkle on top. Marinate at least 30 minutes (up to over night).

Stir fry tofu with remaining ingredients and serve over brown rice.

KateB
03-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Thanks Glory I will give that stir fry recipe a try. I am slowly converting my family to superfoods. I wonder if I can sneak tofu past my husband.

AndLy
03-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Thursday

B-1/2 c lowfat yogurt, strawberries and blueberries, 2 tbsp walnuts, and I added something new to the mix today. I bought a new cereal the other day at the store and thought I try a bit w/yogurt. I have a crunch thing...I don't do mushy food and I thought this might be better than granola...lower in calories, less fat. Anyway, it's cracklin oat bran, I think that's what it's called. I'll check when I get home from work tonight. I just crumbled up a couple of the little o's and sprinkled them on too. It was really really good!

Also had my regular coffee/soymilk

L-2 pieces organic whole wheat veggie pizza (the last 2 :( ) topped w/peppercini's! I love a little spice added! and a tangelo

S-tea and clif bar

D-soba noodles w/terryaki stir fry veggies and tofu

S-88 calories dark chocolate

***no exercise today as I was bbsitting my nephews all day before work and had absolutely positively NO time to go for a walk***

Will edit later to add the rest of today's food

KateB
03-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Friday-

B- Oatmeal, 1/2 apple, 1 Tablespoon chopped walnuts, 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar, 8 oz light vanilla soy milk, black chai tea

L-3 oz turkey breast, 1/2 apple, 1 Tablespoon Walnuts, 1 T soyanaise, 1 t dijon mustard, 1 t honey, ww pita, baby carrots, strawberries, yogurt

D- Black Bean Chili (black beans, canned diced tomatoes, corn, salsa, onion, garlic, red yeloow and orange peppers, spices) topped with 1/4 cup diced avocado, wasa cracker, soy milk

WaterRat
03-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Okay, I've been missing here, though not in eating superfoods. :)

B - omelet with left over broccoli, ww toast
S - tangerine
L - large mixed greens salad, grilled chicken, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, sesame dressing
s - yogurt
D - leftover salmon (don't know how I'll fix it yet), stir-fry veggies including red/orange peppers, onions, mushrooms and anything else lurking. :)

My DH left today, and I'm leaving Tuesday, so I'm on a clean out the fridge mission. I see some "unusual" meals in my near future. :lol:

SoulBliss
03-21-2008, 02:03 PM
I am LOVING this thread. :carrot:

Glory87
03-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Friday

Breakfast - 1/2 cup Nature's Path pumpkin flax cereal, Trader Joe's fat free Greek yogurt with honey

Snack - fresh blackberries

Snack - tangelo

Dinner - 3 tacos - made with veggie crumbles (mixed with spicy taco seasoning), blue corn shells, home-made guacamole, chopped spinach leaves, roma tomato, salsa and a little low fat cheddar cheese

Darkblue
03-21-2008, 08:33 PM
steel-cut oatmeal, with walnuts, raisins, brown sugar
one whole cara cara orange
two cups black tea
skim milk

salmon cup
tomatoes
All-Bran crackers
yogurt
applesauce--organic, unsweetened

pork chop
sweet potato with cinnamon, nutmeg
broccoli
wild rice

green tea with honey

13 total

Sorcha33
03-21-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm hoping it's OK if I jump on in here! :)

FRIDAY

breakfast: wholegrain toast topped with mashed avocado and diced tomato, scrambled egg whites

snack: carrot sticks and lemon hummus

lunch: roast turkey in a wholegrain wrap with sauteed red peppers and onions (cold), salad of cucumber and roasted beets in vinaigrette (also cold)

snack: kiwi berries and a babybel light

dinner: grilled salmon over wilted ginger/soy spinach with spicy roasted butternut squash and brown rice

dessert: fruit salad (strawberries, mango, pineapple and blueberries)

Sorcha33
03-21-2008, 09:35 PM
one whole cara cara orange

I just recently discovered Cara Cara oranges in my local market!! They're good, aren't they? :carrot:

I love how they taste kind of like a grapefruit/orange cross - they make a really nice quick fruit salad when chopped up and tossed with chopped up Honeycrisp apples!

AndLy
03-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Friday

Got up first thing and did my walk, woohoo! I gotta say that I was a tiny bit stiff after having not worked out yesterday. I guess that's just more motivation to do it everyday ;)

B-1/2 cup low fat yogurt w/walnuts, strawberries & blueberries and some cracklin' oat bran cereal sprinkled on top ( I checked and that's what it was :) )
Coffee w/soymilk

L-4 sesame/poppy seed crackers topped w/roasted red pepper hummus, a cup of roasted red pepper tomato soup w/1/4 c garbanzo beans, a tangelo
I know lunch was kind of small but I was in a huge hurry and didn't want to eat something bad for me, plus I didn't have very much time

S-tea/clif z bar
*I am just going to order the nectar bars online at amazon b/c I can't find them in stores anywhere anymore :(

D-turkey burger on WW bun w/spinach, pickles, roasted red pepper strips, 1 tbsp light mayo and dijon mustard, homemade sweet potato fries

***will edit later to add dinner, I have no idea what I'm having yet, maybe a turkey burger and sweet potato fries, that sounds yummy right now***

If I don't get the chance to post over the weekend have a HOPPY Easter everyone!!! And don't let those sneaky little cadbury eggs get you ;)

Glory87
03-21-2008, 11:42 PM
I saw ORANGE cadbury eggs at the grocery store today - that's just mean!

KateB
03-22-2008, 09:44 AM
I got home from shopping later than expected last night...but I had picked up some "new" foods to try. So this is what I actually made for supper.

Glory...I tried tofu...AND snuck it to my husband!!!! He didn't know until I told him!!!

I bought Tofu that was already marinated in tomato and basil. I figured it was an easy way to try it for the first time. I also bought Edamame.

Supper- Whole wheat pasta spiral tossed with pesto, topped with Sundried tomato chicken sausage and tomato basil tofu, sauteed veggies (Red, Orange, Yellow peppers, shallots, matchstick carrots, broccoli slaw, diced tomatoes & Edamame) Soy milk.

For the two of us I used one chicken sausage and 2 ounces of tofu. Now he says he could tell something was "different"...he is just being a whiner!!

I bought shelled organic Edamame. Either I did not cook it long enough or the beans were "too old" when picked...I thought they were kind of tough, but I did like the flavor. I will try them again sometime.

I also picked up some garlic and chive Hummus. I haven't tried that yet, will have it at lunch today. I have never had Hummus before either.

Darkblue
03-22-2008, 11:20 AM
--they make a really nice quick fruit salad when chopped up and tossed with chopped up Honeycrisp apples!

I'll have to try that--sounds like a good idea!

I hadn't seen these before but since I couldn't find my beloved clementines, I grabbed the bag of Cara Cara oranges! Am glad I did!

AndLy
03-22-2008, 12:33 PM
I saw ORANGE cadbury eggs at the grocery store today - that's just mean!

I know! I saw them too, completely not fair. I would have been all over those just a few short months ago ;)

KateB
03-22-2008, 10:10 PM
I had a great day today!! i didn't do anything really spectacular, just felt great and full of energy. Might be a few super food low today though.

B-Oatmeal, topped with flax seed meal & brown sugar, an orange, light original soy milk green chia tea.

L-Slice turkey breast in a whole wheat pita, 1 slice of swiss cheese (It doesn't taste as good as I remember) 1 T garlic chive hummus, apple, asparagus, soy milk

D- Shrimp stif fried veggies (Carrots, brocoli, celery, red, yellow and orange peppers, shallots, corn and edamame) brown rice,

S-Newman's Own Sweet Dark Chocolate Bar

Sorcha33
03-23-2008, 12:25 AM
SATURDAY :)

breakfast: homemade meusli (steel cut oats soaked in apple juice, with grated apple, toasted walnuts, blueberries, greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey) and a cup of tea

snack: wasabi edamame (dried and crunchy - really good!)

lunch: leftover salmon in a big spinach and romaine salad with tomatoes, red pepper, avocado chunks, grated carrot and a lemon/garlic vinaigrette

snack: wholegrain bread with laughing cow light cheese, turkey and tomato

dinner: homemade butter chicken (using a low calorie paste, and no butter :p ), brown basmati rice, tomato/cilantro/onion relish, and baked pappadum

dessert: mango with a squeeze of lime

AndLy
03-23-2008, 02:50 PM
Kate & Scorcha-you both sound like you're doing great and loving the plan! I hope the superfoods make you feel as good as they make me feel :carrot:

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday about my meals b/c hubby actually got to come home, only for 10 hours but still, I haven't seen him for a month! And I won't get to see him again for another month, so it was a real treat, and just in time for Easter too! He's definitely sweeter than any Easter candy the bunny could've left me ;)

Saturday
B-yogurt, blueberries and strawberries, walnuts and cracklin oat bran, soymilk latte

S-clif bar

L-2 morningstar veggie cakes w/spinach, avocado, peppercini's and red pepper, lowfat dressing (light sour cream and salsa)

D-tea
chicken breast and veggie stir-fry w/soba noodles

Glory87
03-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Saturday - lots of errands and my weekly "treat" meal at a friend's house for a dinner party, it was a bit of a blow out and my stomach was really upset. I need to practice a little more restraint, even when it's a treat. At least dinner was salmon :)

B - 1/2 cup of Nature's path pumpkin flax granola, 2 spoons of wheat germ, Trader Joe's Greek yogurt with honey

S - fresh blackberries

L - Out running errands so we had Chipotle - chicken bol, no beans, extra pico de gallo, tons of romaine, a little extra hot sauce, 1/2 serving of guac

S - Starbucks light honey frappucino, no whip

D - hmmm, let me try to remember. We had 3 kinds of cheese, including this wonderful cheese with orange. We also had a mild blue cheese and a harvarti with dill (which I was not a fan of). Sourdough bread, butter with roasted garlic, strawberries. We had salmon chowder made with soy milk. Dinner was grilled salmon, couscous, salad and corn. I made a caramel meringue pie for dessert (my first meringue - it was so much fun). I crushed up a Heath bar and sprinkled it over the pie when I served it. It was DIVINE.

SoulBliss
03-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Well, here's everything I had today and many are technically "Superfoods" according to Dr. Pratt and the ones that aren't on Dr. Pratt's list ARE considered "superfoods" according to other experts:

Green tea, hibiscus-lemongrsass-mint tea, coffee, water.

Broccoli, arugula, asparagus, onion, garlic, extra virgin olive oil, soy, lemon, basil, parsley, sesame seeds, cayenne, black pepper.

Blueberries, strawberries, almonds, flax, hemp protein powder, cacao flour.

Spinach, mixed baby greens, carrot, tomatoes, cucumber, artichoke hearts, extra virgin olive oil, walnuts, soy, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, cilantro, basil, sesame seeds, olives, avocado.

Cauliflower, broccoli, onion, garlic, yellow/red bell pepper, jalapeņo pepper, leek, lemon juice, extra virgin coconut oil, miso.

KateB
03-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Well I had Easter Dinner at MIL's. I think I did quite well. Hubby had to work today...I think there should be a law that wives don't have to go to MILs if her hubby isn't there...but that is another story.

Up at 6:30 ate breakfast Oatmeal, milled flax seed, orange, light soy milk

Then I went to gym and added 30 minutes on the treadmill (at 12% incline no less) to my normal hour of cardio and 30 minutes of strength training.

Then to MIL's. If dealing with her personality wasn't challanging enough, you have watch very closely everything you put in your mouth. She bathes everything in either butter, cream cheese or sour cream. I was prepared I brought a salad of Spinach, romaine, toasted walnuts, shallots, red raspberries, grilled chicken breast and fat free feta cheese with a raspberry vinagrette dressing. She made a fruit salad, but hadn't had it all put together when I got there so I took some fresh fruit before it drowned in whipped cream and sugar. My daughter took one bite of the turkey and whispered to me... "I think she injected it with butter this year...better go easy on it. Bless that child's heart. MILs Easter potatoes are boiled potatoes mashed with butter, half and half, cream cheese and sour cream, topped with cheddar cheese and baked. I brought a sweet potato and baked it in the microwave. She made asparagus...roasted it in the oven with a whole stick of butter. So this is what lunch looked like for me...

2 oz of turkey breast, 1/2 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup fresh pineapple chunks, 1 cup red grapes, baked sweet potato, 5 aspargus spears (that I discreetly dabbed off with my napkin before eating) about 4 cups of the salad I brought. I think I did pretty well overall.

Supper tonight will be chili made with black beans, diced tomatoes, red, yellow and orange peppers, & tomato basil tofu. yogurt with berries and a cup of tea.

SoulBliss
03-23-2008, 07:31 PM
MILs Easter potatoes are boiled potatoes mashed with butter, half and half cream cheese and sour cream, topped with cheddar cheese and baked.

:dizzy: :fr: :censored: :no:

Oh my. How frightening.

Sorcha33
03-24-2008, 01:48 AM
AndLy - thanks! :) I'm new here and still feeling my way around, but am definitely loving the whole foods/Superfoods eating. I feel better after a few weeks than I have in a long time, and as I love to cook I find I'm really enjoying being in the kitchen more. It's fun to focus on all the great things I can eat, rather than all the things I "can't" (or shouldn't).

Easter dinner went really well. We, too, were at the IL's, but fortunately my MIL always makes loads of veggies and doesn't use butter! KateB, that's a crazy amount of fat to load into those poor old potatoes!! I love potatoes, and a special birthday meal always includes stuffed baked potatoes with some cheddar cheese, but the thought of all that cream, butter and cheese is pretty icky! Good for you for planning ahead and bringing your salad and sweet potato! ;)

breakfast: steel cut oatmeal with a little natural peanut butter, banana and strawberry salad on the side

snack: jicama strips with a little lime juice and cayenne pepper

lunch: I just had an "apple pie" Lara bar in the car, since dinner was early and we were running late!! :dizzy:

dinner: baked ham, steamed new potatoes with dill, brussels sprouts, beets, carrots and salad (all veggies except beets were steamed, no butter, but with seasoning. Beets were pureed with horseradish).

dessert: strawberries and ONE Lindt dark chocolate bunny (the smallest size!! :D )

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!!

KateB
03-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Good Morning!!! When I woke up this morning I noticed I ws a little stiff from the Ab Toning I started on my balance ball. That feeling combined with knowing I did not surrender to the "Cardiac Attack Spuds" that MIL made for Easter brought a smile to my face.

B- Oatmeal, 1 T ground flax seed meal, 1 T chopped Walnuts, 1 1/2 tsp Brown Sugar, an orange, 8 oz light soy milk, Green Chai Tea

L- Salad with Spinach, Romaine, grilled chicken, shallots, raspberries, toasted almonds, fat free feta cheese and raspberry vinegrette (Left over from yesterday) strawberries and fat free french vanilla yogurt with 1 T chopped Walnuts

Snack- All Bran Crackers and Garlic Chive Hummus

I am not a fan of cold cereal (it leaves me hungry all day long) but I have to admit the "Nature's path pumpkin flax granola" everyone here eats sounds yummy!!! I might have to try it a topping for yogurt or something.

D- ( this is what I am planning) Salmon, Steamed Brocolli & carrots, Brown Rice and soy milk.

Glory87
03-24-2008, 10:44 AM
The Nature's Path is pretty yummy and is fairly low calorie (for granola). It has 140 calories per 1/2 cup and 5 grams of sugar. Frosted Flakes for comparison has 110 calories for 3/4 cup but it has 11 grams of sugar. It's also in little tee-tiny pieces (like some are grape nut sized) which makes it unappealing (to me) to eat by the handful out of the box. They have lots of different kinds - I'm always tempted to try something new, but then I worry I won't like it as much as pumpkin flax. Since I measure it out by the 1/2 cup, a box lasts me over a week! That would be a long time to be stuck with less-preferred cereal.

Scroll down to the bottom for the granola options:

http://www.naturespath.com/products/cold_cereals

Sunday

B - oatmeal with 1 spoon of wheat germ, 2 spoons of apple butter

L - leftover spinach filling from quesadillas last week, 2 whole wheat tortillas (50 cal each), salsa, a big glop of home made guacamole

S - 10 little round crackers spread with natural peanut butter

D - 3 tacos - veggie crumble filling, 3 blue corn shells, salsa, spinach leaves, a sprinkle of low fat cheese, some home made guacamole

AndLy
03-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Monday weigh-in

I lost 0.5 lbs this week. Not as much as I thought, but better than nothing I guess. I am on a weird cycle where I'm losing either 1/2 - 1 lb and the next week I lose about 4 lbs, then back to 1/2 - 1 lb. It averages out nicely for the month, it just sucks on those days when you really don't see much movement on the scale.

Monday meals
B-1/2 c fatfree yogurt, strawberries and blueberries, walnuts and cracklin oat bran cereal, soy milk latte

S-tangelo

L-turkey spinach quesadilla(whole wheat tortilla, 1 wedge laughing cow garlic herb cheese, spinach, turkey, peppercini's & roasted red pepper) grilled in a pan w/a spritz of pam
a kiwi
carrot sticks

S-tea
clif zbar

D-whole wheat spaghetti topped w/veggie & turkey sausage mix
1/2 a zucchini, 1/2 cup broccoli florettes, 2 cloves roasted garlic, EVOO, 1/2 cup canned italian diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup spinach leaves
1.75 oz lean turkey sauce

Treat-44 calories worth of dark calories

***will edit later to add meals***

Darkblue
03-24-2008, 10:57 PM
SF today:

two Kashi oat/wheat waffles
tea
strawberries
orange
yogurt
tuna
All-Bran Wheat crackers
almonds
tomatoes
broccoli/carrots/cauliflower
dark chocolate
green tea w/ honey

13ish

Glory87
03-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Monday weigh-in

I lost 0.5 lbs this week. Not as much as I thought, but better than nothing I guess. I am on a weird cycle where I'm losing either 1/2 - 1 lb and the next week I lose about 4 lbs, then back to 1/2 - 1 lb. It averages out nicely for the month, it just sucks on those days when you really don't see much movement on the scale.

Congrats on half a pound! I had similar weight loss, bigger one week than the next, it's all good!

Monday

Breakfast - 1/2 cup Nature's Path pumpkin flax cereal, Trader Joe's fat free Greek yogurt with honey

Lunch - 3 tacos (finally finished up all the leftovers) - made with veggie crumbles (mixed with spicy taco seasoning), blue corn shells, home-made guacamole, chopped spinach leaves, roma tomato, salsa and a little low fat cheddar cheese

Snack - tangelo

Snack - tall skinny mocha, 1 Cliff nectar bar

Dinner - home made pizza - organic sourdough crust, spinach, a little low fat feta, spicy sauce, onions, garlic, sun dried tomato

KateB
03-25-2008, 01:23 PM
So far today

B-oatmeal, walnuts, flax seed meal, orange, soy milk, tea

L-turkey, whole wheat pita, carrots, hummus, strawberries, yogurt

I will update later...supper plans are gonna have to be something quick. I think it better include something green (Spinach or Broccoli)

AndLy
03-25-2008, 01:26 PM
I had similar weight loss, bigger one week than the next, it's all good!

Oh thank you Glory! I definitely needed to hear that, I just want to make sure things are going along normally I guess.

I did my longest walk yet, 2.325 miles (I love gmap pedometer!) and I felt really good too! Yay!

B-I made 2 days worth of steel cut oats, 1/4 cup dry for each day...man that stuff really swells up b/c I have an entire bowl full of oatmeal right now, lol! I also added 1/4 cup pumpkin for each day and some pumpkin pie spice. I topped it off with 2 tbsp walnuts! Delicious
lowfat sugar free soy latte

L-turkey & spinach quesadilla(ww tortilla, one wedge laughing cow garlic herb, spinach, turkey, roasted red pepper, peppercinis)
tangelo

Todays water tally-40 oz-my goal for the day is 64 oz! This is a HUGE deal for me b/c I don't like water :p

Sorcha33
03-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Congrats on your loss, AndLy! :) :) :)

I've been craving roasted beets like crazy lately, so they're going to be a big part of my dinner today!

breakfast: more meusli, this time with more berries than apple (blueberries, strawberries and raspberries), tea with lemon

snack: kiwi berries

lunch: turkey sandwich on grain bread with spicy mustard, spinach, sprouts, tomato, avocado and roasted red peppers. Strawberry kefir and apple slices.

snack: marcona almonds and a "Tillamoo" (pre-portioned Tillamook cheddar cheese that I got from Costco!)

dinner: baked chicken and roasted veggies! I've already got them prepped for the oven tonight - beets, carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, asparagus and some green beans. I'm going to roast them in a little olive oil until they're sticky and delicious, then top with a bit of Maldon salt and cracked pepper.

dessert: haven't decided for sure - but I might melt my last little dark chocolate bunny and dip some strawberries into the chocolate. :)

Glory87
03-25-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm going to have to try that pumpkin oatmeal - I love pumpkin AND oatmeal!

Tuesday

B - 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 2 spoons of apple butter

S - ruby red grapefruit segments, sliced strawberries

L - I haven't been feeling 100%, so I just wanted soup. Went downstairs and got a small bowl of vegetable beef barley and 3 packs of plain old saltines.

S - no sugar added cocoa

S - orange

S - celery sticks, 2 tbs natural peanut butter

D - I am making home made pasta sauce with tomatoes, fake crab (love this stuff, heh), red cooking wine, sun dried tomatoes, onions, garlic over whole wheat pasta. I add some spinach to my plate before I add the pasta/sauce, when I stir it up, it wilts down nicely. My boyfriend doesn't like wilted spinach, so it's an easy compromise.

Darkblue
03-25-2008, 11:40 PM
Glory, that pasta recipe sounds delicious! I will have to try it.

SF list for today (though I did eat other things as well)

B--steel-cut oats with cinnamon and raisins, tea, pomegranate juice

L--Healthy Choice microwave meal with turkey, cranberries, peaches,
sweet potatos, green beans/carrots, and one cara cara orange

D--green peas, tomatos

Bed--green tea with honey

12ish for me today

Glory87
03-26-2008, 01:19 AM
Here you go! I normally make it with a bag of Moringstar Farms veggie crumbles, but occasionally I switch it up (like the crab tonight). I've made it with ground turkey and spicy chicken meatballs. For the crab version, I just threw an entire package of fake crab in after I added the tomatoes. They go in the pot in big chunks, as I stir it, they kinda...unwrap. Hard to explain, but they won't stay in big chunks!

Spicy tomato sauce with fresh basil and veggie crumbles

3 cans 14 oz tom
1 can 12 oz tom paste
1 onion, diced
garlic (I use TONS)
1 tbs olive oil
Sun dried tomatoes
Fresh Basil
1 tsp dried oregano
Whatever else I feel like - black olives, mushrooms, carrots, zuch
1 package MorningStar Farm Crumbles
Salt
Pepper
Red Pepper Flakes
Splash of red cooking wine
whole wheat/spinach pasta

Heat oil in large saucepan. Saute onion/garlic for 5 minutes until translucent. Add veggie crumbles, dried oregano, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes. Brown the veggie crumbles - stirring often.

While the veggie crumbles are browning, put 2 cans tomatoes (with juice), tom paste, fresh basil and half the sun dried tomatoes into a food processor - blend until smooth.

Put the tomato mixture over the crumbles and stir.

Put the last can of tomatoes into the food processor and pulse until the tomatoes are chunky. Throw these in with the rest.

Add the rest of the sun dried tomatoes and any other additional veggies. Add a splash of red cooking wine. Simmer for 20 minutes.

Serve over whole wheat pasta (I also like to serve it over grilled polenta)

Sorcha33
03-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Is it weird that I already know what I'm going to be eating, for every meal and snack, for the next 5 days? When I plan ahead, I really plan - is everyone else the same way, or do you just plan out meals for the next day?

Things are going very well - I lost 4lbs. this week! :D It's been a very busy week, and I'm hoping I'll get more time to check out other forums here properly over the weekend.

breakfast: egg white omelet with peppers, spinach, fresh diced tomatoes, onions and some diced turkey. Yogurt and some blueberries.

snack: the last of the kiwi berries :( I'm hoping I can find some more at the store tomorrow)

lunch: light turkey chili with a small salad (romaine, grape tomatoes, cucumber and grated carrot)

snack: "TillaMoo" and some marcona almonds

dinner: brown rice sushi (homemade "light" dynamite rolls - nori, brown rice, panko-crusted baked shrimp, a little cilantro/chili mayo, green onions and spicy dipping sauce) and teriyaki chicken breast on a bed of sauteed veggies (lots of bean sprouts, bok choy, carrot ribbons and broccoli).

dessert: fresh pineapple macerated in a tbs. of dark rum and a little mint.

AndLy
03-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Wednesday

B-pumpkin oatmeal, walnuts & a drizzle of honey
lowfat sugar free soy latte

L-ww spaghetti w/veggies and sauce and turkey sausage (1/2 zucchini, spinach, 1/2 cup diced italian tomatoes, 1/4 cup trader joe's marinara)
1.75 oz lean turkey sausage

S-tangelo

S-iced tea
clif zbar

D-

***will edit later to add meals***

walked 2.325 miles again today :D

Glory87
03-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Is it weird that I already know what I'm going to be eating, for every meal and snack, for the next 5 days? When I plan ahead, I really plan - is everyone else the same way, or do you just plan out meals for the next day?

Nope, I usually do menu planning twice a week. Sunday afternoons where I plan out Monday - Friday lunch/afternoon snack and Friday afternoon where I plan for Friday night - Sunday night. I usually hit the store at least twice a week for produce. I pretty much know what I'm going to eat for every weekday meal by Sunday afternoon. I don't think it's weird at all if it works for you - it definitely works for me. Having healthy food on hand is key to my success.

Darkblue
03-26-2008, 09:26 PM

I feel weird planning menus out completely for only the next day! That's pretty much a new experience for me. I'm impressed you can do a week in advance.

dessert: fresh pineapple macerated in a tbs. of dark rum and a little mint.

I've heard that pineapple and mint make a good combination, but it sounds so odd. How do you make it?

Glory, thanks for the recipe! I will try that this weekend.

Didn't do too well today on the SF list--only an orange, tangerine juice, whole wheat tortilla, green beans, and tea. :( I'll be better tomorrow!

Sorcha33
03-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Darkblue, it does sound a little odd, but I really like the combo together! The original idea came from a Jamie Oliver cookbook - he pulverizes mint together with sugar and sprinkles it over pineapple. This was the first way I tried it, and it was really good - but nowadays I don't want the extra sugar. You could just let fresh pineapple (I always buy whole pineapples and slice them up myself, so you get a decent amount of juice while you're chopping it up) sit with some minced mint for about half an hour if you want the simplest version without the alcohol. :) I don't often use alcohol, but had the room in my calories for it tonight! (Malibu is great, too!)

All I did was put the pineapple in a bowl with some of the juice from chopping it, along with the rum and the mint, and let it sit - it sat for about 2 hours, and by the end it had made a wicked tasting syrup and was really delicious.

srmb60
03-27-2008, 12:33 AM
I feel like I did pretty well today. Let's see ...

beans - lentils and hummus
blueberries - raw
broccoli - cabbage in my salad
oats - ww tortilla
oranges
pumpkin
salmon - in cream cheese in a tortilla
soy
spinach - raw in salad
tea-
tomatoes - raw in salad
turkey
walnuts
yogurt

Just 7 and I was feeling sooo virtuous. Oh well, my cals are good.

Glory87
03-27-2008, 01:30 AM
Wednesday

B - 1/2 cup Nature's Path organic pumpkin flax granola, Trader Joe's fat free Greek yogurt with honey

S - blackberries

L - bowl of vegetable beef barley, small wedge of whole grain bread

S - no sugar added cocoa

S - orange

S - cut up veggies - grape tomatoes, red pepper, sugar snap peas, baby carrots

D - Leftover home made pasta sauce with tomatoes, fake crab (love this stuff, heh), red cooking wine, sun dried tomatoes, onions, garlic over whole wheat pasta. I add some spinach to my plate before I add the pasta/sauce, when I stir it up, it wilts down nicely.

S - J made a coffee smoothie with the no sugar added mocha mix from Coffee Bean and Tea leaf. There was a very small juice glass left over and I drank it - it was great!

ledom
03-27-2008, 07:31 AM
I have been trying to get the hang of this for the last week.

Yesterday...

B - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup yogurt and cottage cheese mixed, 1/2 cup blueberries

S - 1 serving "Green" smoothie, 1/4 cup roasted edamame

L - Big salad w/ tomato, spinach , lettuces, 3 oz. turkey, broccoli slaw, 1/4 sweet potato

S - Protein Bar (200 cal.)

S - Scrambled egg whites, one yolk, .25 oz. cheese, 1/2 Ezekial english muffin w/ swipe of pb and sf jelly

S - 1/2 cup pumpkin, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 oz. walnuts

Michelle125
03-27-2008, 10:31 AM
Hi Everyone!

May I join your group? I've been back and forth over the last 3 weeks first going vegan (again) then doing Atkin's for the last 4 days... and now I am so fed up, then saw your postings and it's making sense now.

When I went vegan a year ago I felt great but was gaining weight tremendously from all the carbs and the soy was making me dizzy. Although I firmly believe in the vegan diet I don't think I can do it until I hit my goal weight. So, having insulin problems I've committed myself the last 4 days to Atkin's induction phase... lost some weight but I was sad, depressed (despite running a whole 2 miles yesterday and being so proud of myself!), dizzy, and nauseous. Then I got to thinking... any diet that tells you fruit, legumes, and certain veggies are bad, can't be good! The high fat and animal products are stressing my kidneys, liver, and intestines. This just CAN'T be good even if it does result in weight loss. I need to be feeding my body nutrients while losing fat at the same time.

So I'd really like to focus on the 'Superfoods' diet. I know that when my body is nourished the weight will come off. And with all the strenuos exercise I've been doing the last 2 weeks (mock-boot camp!) I need to take care of it. So this morning I started off with a nice cup of berries after Platoon (the boot camp) and now when I got into work I had a Trader Joe's Oat Blueberry Muffin :) I feel SO much better and more alert than horking down 2 eggs cooked in butter (*ick*).

I should pick up the book today. And there are some animal products in it, which is good because I know my body responds well to them in moderation! I'm so looking forward to having some Ezekiel cereal with some fresh blueberries... the way it's supposed to be!

So anyway I look forward to learning so much from you guys!
This morning at Platoon was leg day and I wanted to scream 'uncle' but in the good way. We ran, did squat thrusts, did normal squats for 50 yards, ran bleachers, ran stairs, and other stuff!
This morning I weighed 197!!! :D

KateB
03-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Glory- The pasta sauce sounds awesome...I will have to try that!! i have veggie crumbles at home...just haven't been sure how to use them. the first time didn't turn out so great and i have been a little stand offish.

Sorcha- I am gonna be all over the pineapple recipe!! Pineapple, Mint, rum...I don't know how you can go wrong with that combo!!

yesterday was insane. I had a payroll audit at work. Which when perfectly!! WHEW!! Then we got hit with surprise DOT and OSHA audits. to get picked for 3 random audits in one day....Now why can't I get that lucky when it comes to the Lottery???

Yesterday-

L-turkey, whole wheat pita, carrots, hummus, strawberries, yogurt

D- Italian chicken sausage, barilla plus whole wheat rotini with pesto, carrots, broc tomatoes, soy milk

S- Raspberry Kefir

Today so far

L- Southwest Salad (Romaine, 1/2 cup whole kernel corn, 1/2 cup black beans. 3 oz grilled chicken breast seasoned with Cumin and chili powder, onion, fresh tomato, 1/4 cup avocado, 1 Tablespoon Annies Goddess Dressing and 1/4 salsa) Strawberries French vanilla yogurt

Not 100% sure what supper will be. I think it might be Chicken Stir Fry and brown rice.

Daughter had her play tonight. So I had to rearragne my schedule. I left work a little erly so I could get some gym time in. Only did 30 minutes of cardio rather than 60 and got my regular weights in. This I view as an accomplishment as I used to view the gym as an all or nothing deal...baby steps ya know!!

Got home was ready for chicken and stir fried veggies...no chicken. But I had Salmon. Any time Salmon enters the equation it's a good thing. So Dinner consisted of # 0z Grilled Salmon, stir fried veggies...carrots, brocoli, onion, orange peppers, celery and Edamame stir fried with 1 tsp sesmae oil (Love the flavor!!) a little light soy sauce and a glass of light soy milk.

Snack 100 calorie bag of micro popcorn.

Tonight when I went to daughter's play...I wore a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to get into in over a year!!! WHOOO HOOO!!!

Sorcha33
03-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Anyone else ready for winter to well and truly be OVER??? I'm so ready for sunshine and flowers!! :)

breakfast: steel cut oatmeal with blueberries and a drizzle of wildflower honey

snack: cara cara orange and apple salad

lunch: homemade spicy turkey burger on whole grain bun with romaine, tomato, bean sprouts, cucumber, cilantro and black bean puree. Carrots and pepper strips with 60-pepper hummus (can you tell I'm craving spicy food?!)

snack: light babybel with marcona almonds, tea with lemon and honey

dinner: oven-baked salmon patties, green peas, roasted green beans, and spicy sweet potato fries (also baked, and with a ton of cayenne and lime!)

dessert: slice of whole-grain toast with a little natural peanut butter (more of a snack this evening as opposed to dessert!)

Michelle125 - Hi!!...and welcome!! I'm a newbie, too, and am really enjoying this thread a lot! :)

KateB - it's a killer combo!! A little toasted coconut is nice, too - I could almost think I'm sitting on a beach in the Caribbean when I eat it! :D

Have a great night, everyone!

Glory87
03-28-2008, 12:03 AM
Hey Michelle, welcome. Hey Kate, I love the veggie crumbles, I brown them just like meat :)

Thursday

B - 1/2 cup Nature's Path organic pumpkin flax granola, Trader Joe's fat free Greek yogurt with honey

S - blackberries

L - bowl of tomato florentine, small wedge of whole grain bread

S - no sugar added cocoa

S - orange

S - baby carrots

S - vegan cookie - pumpkin, flax seed, raisin, all kinds of good stuff - delish

D - Roasted zucchini and yellow squash with onion and garlic (tiny bit of olive oil), 2 small lamb chops - seared, Trader Joe's rice pilaf

srmb60
03-28-2008, 12:21 AM
You guys should have seen my supper salad ... mostly spinach because that's all the greens I had, grated carrot, red cabbage, tomato chunks, avocado chunks, a can of salmon, cottage cheese ...too big for a dinner plate ... it was fabulous!

I sat across from a gal who nuked and tore open her 3/4 cup saucy white pasta ... Whole foods are waaay better and bigger.

BTW ... I took my greens in a plain ziplock bag. It worked fine. I'm kinda tired of washing assorted plastic containers. I have the biggest lunch bag in the staff fridge.

joyofsix
03-28-2008, 07:20 AM
Hello all. I've been too busy to post but not too busy to eat this week.

Today's plan
B-2 eggs, salsa, avocado
S-orange,nuts
L-romaine, yellow pepper, tomato,carrot,evoo&vinegar, cheese
S-oatmeal,raisin,honey
D-homemade pizza(ds's bday), strawberries,yogurt,dark chocolate-I'll need a treat to stay out of the cake.

AndLy
03-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Gah, I've been so busy the past couple of days that I haven't updated my posts, heck yesterday I didn't even get a chance to get on here.

OK so yesterday I had
B-2 pumpkin wholebuckwheat pancakes topped w/1 cinnamon apple and walnuts
soy latte

L-spicy salmon and steamed asparagus

S-iced tea
tangelo

D-shredded chicken and carrot soup
romaine salad

T-dark chocolate 1 sq

Phew! I am pretty shocked that I can even remember all of that, now for today.

Friday
B-2 pumpkin wholebuckwheat pancakes topped w/3 strawberries sliced and walnuts and 1 tsp syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon
yogurt smoothie - 1 trader joe fat free greek honey yogurt, 1/4 cup oj, some blueberries and raspberries-about 10 each, some crushed ice...my first time making my own smoothie and it turned out quite good I think.

L-soba noodles w/veggies(carrots, broccoli, green beans, spinach) w/terryaki sauce, honey and dijon

S-tangelo
iced tea

Sorcha33
03-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Friday (yippee!!) :D

breakfast: whole grain toast topped with scrambled egg whites, tomato, chives, and mushrooms, green tea

snack: apple with 1/2 oz parmesan

lunch: cold roast chicken salad (with carrot ribbons, bean sprouts, 1/4 diced avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, corn kernels, almonds, cilantro and sesame ginger dressing)

snack: watermelon chunks

dinner: baked halibut on steamed asian veggies (more bean sprouts, baby bok choy, broccoli, mushrooms, and some orange bell pepper) with ginger broth and a small side of brown rice

dessert: slice of homemade angel food cake and blueberries

Darkblue
03-28-2008, 11:37 PM
*sighs* I've been out of town again, but I did manage the following:

whole wheat bread, turkey, tomato, lettuce--lunch sandwich
fruit salad--lunch
iced tea--lunch

So, six. We won't discuss the breakfast or dinner. Gah.

Michelle125
03-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Was up at 7 am and Platoon kicked my @$$ til 8- it was so great! I feel so refreshed. Now I'm home lounging in my PJ's with breakfast:

Organic oatmeal muffin
87% Dark chocolate melted on top

I think I should feel guilty after that b/c it tasted so sinful!!!

Glory87
03-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Friday

Breakfast - 1/2 cup of oatmeal, 2 spoonfuls of apple butter

Snack - the tartest bluberries EVER, almost too tart to eat

Lunch - went out for Italian food. I had 2 piece of french bread dipped in marinara, enormous salad with arugula, avocado, hearts of palm, tomato, a little parmesan, lemon olive oil vinaigrette, small serving of gnocchi with a really great marinara (a little bit of cheese), split a flourless chocolate cake w/raspberry sauce for dessert, cup of coffee with cream

Snack - orange

Dinner - home made pizza with whole wheat crust, trader joe's pizza sauce, spinach, sun dried tomato, kalamata olives, red onion, a little feta

Saturday

Breakfast - 2 kashi waffles, 1 with natural peanut butter, 1 with cherry butter

Lunch - turkey sandwich on whole wheat, 1/4 avocado, sliced tomato, honey mustard, onion

Snack - 16 oz smoothie from Jamba Juice - mango mantra (no peaches, subbed raspberries)

Snack - blueberries

Dinner - home made BBQ meatloaf with extra lean ground sirloin, home made mashed potato with a tiny bit of cream and butter, steamed broccoli

Glory87
03-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Sunday

Breakfast - 1/2 cup Nature's path pumpkin flax granola, Trader Joe's fat free Greek yogurt with honey

Lunch - turkey sandwich on whole wheat, 1/4 avocado, sliced tomato, honey mustard, onion, 1 serving of BBQ soy chips

Snack - tall skinny mocha

Snack - gala apple

Dinner - Chipotle chicken bol, no beans - tons of romaine, a little rice, 2 scoops pico, a little extra hot salsa. Normally I get guacamole, but I already had some avocado today!

Darkblue
03-30-2008, 10:15 PM
A short list again today--whole-wheat cereal, hot tea, avocado, romaine, tomato salad. *sighs* I'll be back on track tomorrow.

5 total

KateB
03-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Yesterday my daughter had a dance competition that was nearly 100 miles from home. Hubby decided since we were that close to Owatonna we would drive there and go to Cabela's after the competition....so we were gone all day.
B- Oatmeal, walnuts, flaxseed meal, orange, tea, soy milk

L- Subway I ordered a 12" turkey breast sub with spinach, cucumbers, carrots, green peppers and mustard...then I take the filling from one side of the sandwich and put it on the otherside...only eating half of the bread.

D- Pizza Hut...I ws way out voted!!! I had salad bar so I could get lots of veggies, Cherry tomatoes, carrots, lettuce, greeen peppers, brocoli, and lettuce, a little ranch dressing. We ordered a 12" Fit n Delicious chicken, mushroom, red onion & green pepper pizza...I ate 3 slices.

S- when we got home I had a cup of kefir

For the day I was 23 calories over my limit...not too shabby!!!

Today went much better.

B-The Usual - Oatmeal, walnuts, flaxseed meal, orange, tea, soy milk

L- Grilled chicken breast, 1 slice arnold Natural Flax N Fiber Bread, avocado, tomato slices, sweet potato, soy milk

D- Salmon, brocoli, carrots, edamame, celery, red, yellow & orange peppers stir fried with 1 tsp sesame oil, light soy sauce, I was going to make brown rice...but it wouldn't get done so I skipped the rice.

S- Fresh raspberries, vanilla yogurt, topped with Natures Path Pumpkin Flax granola

Glory87
03-31-2008, 12:14 AM
Heh, my folks in Kerrville live about an hour away from the Cabela's - they appreciate any excuse to get there!

ledom
03-31-2008, 12:56 AM
I have gotten so many good ideas here for things to eat. Last week was my practice week and I think it went great. I have been working on letting go of my diet coke addiction as well. Chai tea is becoming a new favorite.

B - Natures Path Pumpkin Flax granola and vanilla soy milk

S - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, blueberries

L - 3 meatballs made w/ lean beef, spaghetti squash, 1/2 cup ww spaghetti, broccoli w/ olive oil and parmesan

S - Lara bar, tangerine

S - 1/2 cup soy nuts, apple

S - 1 cup strawberries, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, walnuts

Glory87
03-31-2008, 01:59 AM
Monday

S - blackberries

L - big home-made salad - baby spinach, broccoli slaw, shredded carrot, purple cabbage, beets, grape tomatoes, red onion, orange pepper, 1/5 package of fake crab, low fat roasted garlic vinaigrette

S - no sugar added cocoa

S - tangelo

S - baby carrots, grape tomatoes, sugar snap peas, orange pepper strips

D - stir fry - calimari, lite coconut milk, red curry paste, red onion, garlic, ginger, broccoli, water chestnuts, baby corn, carrots, purple cabbage over brown rice

KateB
03-31-2008, 11:29 PM
Monday-
B-Whole wheat English Muffin, Almond butter, banana, light vanilla soy milk, Chia tea

L-Turkey Waldorf salad (Turkey breast, 1/2 apple. chopped celery, chopped walnuts, soy "mayonaise" dijon mustard, lemon juice, honey) Mixed berries, Stoney Field Farm low fat vanilla yogurt, pumpkin flax granola

D- Turkey breast cutlet spicy italian tomato sauce, 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes, shallots, garlic, 1/4 red wine, 1 cup mushrooms, Italian seasoning, cayanne pepper) over barilla plus rotini, soy milk

S- carrots, cucumber slices with sundried tomato and basil hummus

Sorcha33
04-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Well, after not eating much at all the last couple of days, I'm dusting myself off and getting back to my meals today. I still don't have a huge appetite, but am making myself eat since I know it will help. :)

breakfast: strawberries, blueberries, mango and greek yogurt, drizzle of honey and a cup of tea.

snack: whole grain toast with 1 tbs. natural peanut butter

lunch: I found some leftover roast chicken in the fridge, and made up a quick tomato, cucumber and onion salad to go with it. Watermelon.

snack: marcona almonds

dinner: baked miso-glazed halibut with brown rice, steamed broccoli and carrots, and roasted beets.

dessert: cara cara orange segments with a drop of grand marnier

Glory87
04-01-2008, 03:58 PM
On Tuesday, I am eating the exact same foods I had on Monday! I will try to mix it up tomorrow, I'll be out of stir fry anyway :)

ledom
04-01-2008, 09:08 PM
B-1/2 cup steel cut oats, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup blueberries, .25 oz walnuts

S - 1/4 cup wasabi soy nuts, serving (half bottle) of green machine smoothie

L - rice, tofu, red beans, spinach

S - Lara Bar, tangerine

D - black beans, wild rice, ff sourcream, salsa, swiss chard

S - Nature Path pumpkin granola, vanilla soy milk

Darkblue
04-01-2008, 10:41 PM
7 today for me--black grapes, tangerine juice, steel-cut oats with cinnamon and raisins, green beans, white beans, yogurt

Sorcha33
04-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Wednesday :)

breakfast: steel cut oatmeal with natural peanut butter and sliced banana

snack: carrot sticks and lemon hummus

lunch: brown rice stir fry with chicken breast, broccoli, red and yellow peppers, spinach, beansprouts, mushrooms, onion garlic and ginger. Miso broth on the side.

snack: strawberries and blueberries

dinner: thai fish cakes (baked) with cucumber salad, herb salad and spicy sweet potatoes (baked)

dessert: organic dark chocolate with coconut

Glory87
04-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Wednesday

B - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 spoons apple butter, 2 spoons of wheat germ, small handful of walnuts

S - strawberries - but they were NOT good and I was very disappointed

L - big home-made salad - baby spinach, broccoli slaw, shredded carrot, purple cabbage, beets, grape tomatoes, red onion, orange pepper, 1/5 package of fake crab, low fat roasted garlic vinaigrette

S - no sugar added cocoa

S - tangelo

S - baby carrots, grape tomatoes, sugar snap peas, orange pepper strips

D- tonight is board game night, so I'm picking up dinner from our favorite Persian restaurant. They make this fabulous pomegranate walnut stew - I know, it sounds awful but it is sweet and tart and tangy and wondeful! I'll probably have the stew, some pita and a salad (always too much dressing though).

My other goal is NOT to be tempted by all the yummy food in the conference room (my boyfriend's company keeps the room stocked with all kinds of snack foods - microwave popcorn, Cliff bars, brownies, Nutter butters, Oreos, etc etc). It's really tough!

Darkblue
04-02-2008, 08:51 PM
6.5 for me today. I need to go shopping agian.

Whole wehat waffles, tangerine juice, turkey, romaine lettuce/tomatoes, whole wheat tortilla, tea, dark chocolate

AndLy
04-02-2008, 09:46 PM
Ugh! I have been SOOOOO busy I haven't been able to post on here recently! I have done great though. I had my weigh-in Monday and I lost 3.5 lbs! Woohoo! I am trying a new recipe tomorrow night for dinner, crab stuffed portobella, I'll let you know how it turns out!

Today
B-fage yogurt w/straw&raspberries, walnuts, drizzle of honey, soy latte

L-tofu stir fry, broccoli, carrots, spinach, celery, sesame sticks

S-iced green tea, apple

D-1/3 Kashi mediterranean pizza w/tomato, turkey and kalamata olives, watermelon

S-dark chocolate w/orange essence!!!

And I've been drinking a TON of water.

ledom
04-02-2008, 10:44 PM
B - oatmeal, cc, blueberries

S - wasabi soy nuts, red machine superfood smoothie

L - 3 oz. salmon in salad w/ greens, spinach, tomatoes, broccoli slaw, red pepper

S - chocolate coffee Lara Bar

D - 6 egg whites, one yolk scrambled with .50 oz. goat milk cheddar, 1/2 sprouted grain english muffin w/ 1 tsp. natural pnut butter and sf jelly

S - granola, soy milk

Glory87
04-03-2008, 02:42 AM
I caved at the board game party and split a pack of Nutter Butters - my first in nearly 3.5 years! Ah well, it was only 125 calories, not too bad considering all the other options.

I ended up with a really yummy salad from the Persian place - crisp dark green romaine, lentils, dates, walnuts and tomatoes. I saved half of the salad and the chicken from my pomegranate/walnut stew, it will be a fabulous lunch tomorrow!

Sorcha33
04-03-2008, 03:59 PM
What's a "Nutter Butter"? I've never heard of that before! Whatever it is, I'm sure it must have been yummy! :) A board game party sounds like a lot of fun!

AndLy, CONGRATULATIONS! You're doing such a great job! :)

It looked like spring had arrived, but it's quickly retreated - I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to warmer, sunnier days. I just can't wait for the market to start up and for all the new produce to appear.

Thursday

breakfast: egg white omelette with sauteed spinach, onions, mushrooms, red pepper and a little feta, with a slice of whole grain toast on the side.

snack: cara cara orange and apple salad

lunch: flaked salmon filet on a squirelly bagel with dill, capers, and romaine. Grape tomatoes and carrot sticks with white bean puree (garlic, olive oil and lemon).

snack: marcona almonds and a slice of New Zealand cheddar

dinner: honey garlic chicken stir-fry over brown basmati rice, with wilted asian slaw and szechuan carrots.

dessert: blueberries and a cup of tea

Glory87
04-03-2008, 04:07 PM
What's a "Nutter Butter"? I've never heard of that before! Whatever it is, I'm sure it must have been yummy! :) A board game party sounds like a lot of fun

Ah, the Nutter Butter (http://www.nabiscoworld.com/./Brands/ProductInformation.aspx?BrandKey=nutterbutter&Site=1&Product=4400008845). I have really tried to stop eating packaged baked goods, but splitting a pack wasn't that bad. Considering the contents of the snack cupboard, 2 Nutter Butter cookies (the pack had 4) for 130 calories was not that bad.

Thursday

B - 1/2 cup of Nature's Path organic pumpkin flax granola, Trader Joe's fat free Greek yogurt with honey

S - my strawberries were gross, went downstairs and bought one of the expensive fruit cups (*sigh) pineapple, sliced green apple, strawberries

L - leftovers from the fabulous Persian place. I had a romaine salad with dates, lentils, walnuts and tomatoes. I added some of the leftover chicken pomegranate walnut stew (heated) - it was DELISH

S - no sugar added cocoa

S - tangelo

S - cut up veggies - baby carrots, orange pepper slices, grape tomatoes, sugar snap peas

D - home made pulled pork sandwiches on whole grain bun, spicy sweet potato fries

Darkblue
04-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Tea, Kashi whole-wheat cereal, tangerine juice, salmon, broccoli, sweet potato, black grapes, Fage yogurt--8 today.

ledom
04-03-2008, 09:03 PM
B - 1/2 cup each steel cut oats, blueberries, cottage cheese

S - 1/4 cup soy nuts Goji mix, red machine smoothie

L - Amy's cheese enchiladas

S - chocolate coffee lara bar, tangerine

D - 2 slices Amy's cheeseless pizza, salad w/ tomatoes, spinach, broc slaw, carrot, onion

S - NPPF Granola, vanilla soy milk

Sorcha33
04-03-2008, 09:43 PM
Gotcha', Glory - thanks! You guys have so many products in the US that we don't ever see....I think I could probably spend hours in a US supermarket looking at all the "new stuff", lol!

I'm having a hungry day today, so have added another snack for the day (still under my cals though). Chalk up an extra half serving of oatmeal with a little apple butter and cinnamon for me. :)

Darkblue
04-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Where are you from, Sorcha, if you don't mind me asking?

One of the things I love to do while out-of-country is to visit a grocery store or other market. I find it fascinating and fun to see what other people eat, use, drink, and buy. My DH says I should have been a sociologist! Most of the souvenirs I bring home are exotic jams, teas, cookies, crackers, etc.

Sorcha33
04-04-2008, 01:24 AM
Darkblue, I'm a Canadian who was living in Europe for a few years (UK, mainly)and am now back home again :) What's surprising is that I actually find so many products here that are more common to Europe than the US, other than the typical "big brand" stuff. Even then, it's odd, as we certainly see Nabisco products here, but I've never seen a Nutter Butter. Friends of mine on the West Coast who are able to travel to the US often are always telling me about new things they find on the shelves! Here in Canada I consider we have very full markets with an amazing amount of choice - it's hard to imagine markets with even more selection! :)

When I returned home, I did have a big case full of great things. Like you, I tend to do that whenever I travel!!

Sorcha33
04-04-2008, 02:45 AM
A sneak peak at my weight (in the evening, no less!) shows me down another 2.6 lbs this week....I'll take it :)

Friday

breakfast: homemade meusli with walnuts, apple, oats, nonfat greek yogurt and berries (strawberries and blueberries)

snack: melon balls and marcona almonds

lunch: grilled chicken salad with mustard vinaigrette (carrots, peppers, bean sprouts, mushrooms, spinach, romaine, avocado, leftover roasted butternut squash, and a few sunflower seeds - a real "clean out the fridge before the weekend" lunch)

snack: strawberry kefir

dinner: curried butternut squash soup with roasted turkey panini (whole grain ciabatta, roasted turkey breast, roasted peppers, spinach, onions and a little mozzarella)

dessert: mango gelato (my local Costco is carrying a 12-pack of teeny cups in a mix of raspberry, mango and vanilla bean. They're something like 120 ml only, and don't contain a laundry list of ingredients. Calories for the tub are about 110, but SO worth it - it's not a lot, but very, very rich and satisfying. So much better than low-fat ice cream!!)

AndLy
04-04-2008, 08:11 PM
OK I have a couple minutes free at work so I'm going to post yesterdays meals.

B-smoothie (nonfat fage yogurt, frozen mango, strawberries, fresh pineapple, 1/4 c OJ and a drizzle of honey)
Soy latte

L-wholewheat pita stuffed w/turkey, tomato, romaine, peppercinis and kalamata olives, and avocado

S-iced tea
tangelo

D-crab stuffed portobello (crab meat, roasted red pepper, 1 oz parmesan, 1 tbsp light mayo, 1 wedge laughing cow garlic & herb cheese)

S-1 square dark chocolate, 10 almonds

Darkblue
04-05-2008, 12:22 AM
8 today--yogurt, tangerine juice, strawberries, whole-wheat bread, green peas, lots of tomato, tea