Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-18-2008, 04:33 PM   #1  

Default new here

Hi,
I decided today that I am going to try not to binge on food. I have been an emotional eater my whole life~ as well as a yo yo! Lose it gain it again and it seems no matter how much I try, I always have failed so today is a new beginning and hopefully my first success. I have cleared my house from junk food but I am feeling shaky and nervous. I didn't realize how much I rely on food to get me through each day. HELP and advice would be appreciated. Thank you!
evandrewsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:41 PM   #2  

Welcome and congratulations on committing to a healthy lifestyle. Information and support can make a big difference. Some of us do not really know what healthy eating is, and sabotage ourselves with misinformation. There are lots of threads on 3FC that can give you good info. Do you have an eating plan in mind? As to the binging- that is so wrapped up in emotion and therefore support from others in similar situations is a big help. Keep posting especially when you feel "on the edge". We are all here for you.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 06:43 PM   #3  
Never-giver-upper

S/C/G: 186/176/135

Height: 5'7"

Getting rid of the junk food is a great first step. I realized this weekend that I simply cannot have those foods in my house that I can't seem to control. I need to learn how to deal with my food issues, but in the meantime, if it's not there, I can't eat it!

Welcome, and as tommy said, keep checking in here and post as much as you can. It'll help you keep going, especially when you need extra support.
Serena C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:13 PM   #4  

Thank you for responding. After reading my message, I remember just how aweful I was feeling. Today is a new day and it is nice to see that there is support here. I have been wanting to go to an oa meeting near my town but working full time and 2 boys to take care of leaves me little time. I do belong to a gym that I signed up for just recently and my spare time has been going there for an hour or walking with my neighbor. Exercise has not stopped me from eating though! I have gone to the gym and went right home to grab a bag of cookies (my weakness). I also take several medications which have contributed to some of my gain the rest has been my responsibility.
I do not have an eating plan yet. Just taking one dAY AT A TIME
evandrewsmom is offline   Reply With Quote