100 lb. Club - An Attitude of Gratitude - Week of February 17- February 23
02-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Hi folks - I got permission from Sandi (our moderator) to start a new weekly thread.
It seems that no matter where we are in the journey of life... if our food and life are in a good place OR if our food and life are not in the best place... It always helps to show gratitude. There's always something to be grateful for. :)
Got five? Want to share?
Please feel free to share daily or weekly or whenever you like.
02-18-2008, 04:21 PM
I'll start! - I am grateful...
- willingness to try :)...to plan for a good healthy day after a binge last night. I am grateful that I will carry on
- soon it's my grandson's birthday and we'll go visit him for a party :D
- when the furnace stopped working this morning...it started up again after pressing the reset button :carrot::carrot:
- getting some answers about health concerns
- friends, family, 3fc :D , internet friends & connections
traci in training
02-18-2008, 04:22 PM
I keep a gratitude journal. Nothing puts life in perspective in quite the same way.
Weight loss gratitiude - I'm eating on plan today and I spent an hour at the Y sweating. Grateful for the time to spend there, grateful for the food choices.
02-18-2008, 04:43 PM
I am grateful for many things today, but mostly for:
1) the sunshine :) finally we are coming out of the grey-ness. this is the third sunny day in a row, and is amazing for where I live for the month of february!
2) my health! the fact that I can walk, move and am able bodied!
3) my willingness to learn new things
4) for my beautiful children. They are truly just the most wonderful children on the planet.
5) that DH thinks I'm sexy even now when I don't think so. He has such a big heart.
Thanks for letting me share,
02-18-2008, 05:42 PM
I agree Ginger, on the weather thing!!!
We spent the day up in Port Alberni yesterday with family who lives up there.
Spent the entire day on the BEACH...it was gorgeous and warm, (Fischer, our eldest doggie kid, even went for a SWIM!!!)...until the sun went down behind the mountain! Once that happened, we froze our butts off and left within a half hour!
The sun is wonderful...and you're right, usually we've got terrible weather right now.
I'm also SO thrilled to see that there are snowdrops peeking out everywhere!!!! YAY!!!! :cheer2:
02-18-2008, 05:59 PM
I love the idea of this thread! Here are 5 things for which I am grateful:
1.) I love where I live. I love the accessibility of the mountains.
2.) I love that I have such great girlfriends in my life. Even though they live very far away, they keep me sane and I don't know what I would do without them.
3.) I love that I'm getting (mentally) stronger. After years and years of thinking destructively, I have finally managed to turn the page a bit, and I'm finding that I can treat myself well.
4.) I'm grateful for the 14.4lbs that I've lost already. Each new pound that I lose makes me feel successful, which makes me think I can continue to lose.
5.) I'm grateful that I love to cook, because it makes my weight-loss journey interesting and varied.
02-18-2008, 07:45 PM
Here I am!!!
1. I am grateful for hot water for my shower whenever I want it.
2. My son who is 9 and so incredibly supportive of our new lifestyle!
3. The fact that I am still young and healthy enough to make lifestyle changes voluntarily.
4. Our 10 horses, 2 dogs and 2 cats, and the home we live in!
5. The fact that 3fc exists, so I can find support and motivation and inspiration when and if I need or want it!
02-18-2008, 09:19 PM
1. I am grateful we are able to replace our blown microwave. That is the only way anyone will eat around here.
2. That we arrived home safely from our first trip with the baby
3. That the baby didn't scream the entire 7 hours in the car
4. That we were able to visit my sister and her boys this weekend
5. My husband.
02-18-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm grateful that for all of the health problems I do struggle with, that I am still well enough to exercise and make other changes to my lifestyle to be as healthy as I can be.
I am grateful that we're all privileged enough to have access to wonderful resources like computers, the internet, and 3FC!
02-19-2008, 06:14 AM
Gratitudes for today:
- my food was back on plan yesterday...I am grateful I was willing to plan a healthy food day, write out all the values to keep it honest and real and work thru the urges to keep most of the unplanned food out of my mouth.
- willingness to try again today (willingness is huge for me)
- a grateful for something something amazing last night. Within 30 minutes, it snowed over an inch. It was almost like a whiteout - it was beautiful. I am grateful I was not driving in it! It seemed like one minute there was no snow on the ground & the next minute everything went white. It was beautiful.
- DH said we could drive together to MIchigan for Alex's bday party. I just don't want to irratate this dumb foot by driving for 4 hours. (he was origanally drive separately because he has some business there on during the week)
- the friends that I have made here at 3fc - what an amazing group of people.
- my friends, my family, my internet connections around the world
02-19-2008, 06:25 AM
I am thankful:
--that our refinery explosion caused no fatalities, and that our house is still standing
--that I have dogs to keep me company while I'm stuck on the couch with this blasted knee injury
--that the weather is starting to get so much nicer!
--that my boyfriend sent me his blanket! Got it in the mail today =] He knew I was having a hard time being apart, but now I've got his blankie to curl up with
--that I have wonderful support from my blood family and my 3FC family!
--that the workers injured in our explosion aren't hurt seriously, and will get to go home to their families
02-19-2008, 09:18 AM
I'm grateful for:
1) Mine and Hubby's job.
2) Our home.
3) My great numbers from my most recent lab work.
4) God's touch in my life.
5) My strength and tenacity.
02-19-2008, 04:45 PM
:val1:I love love love this thread!:val1:
Such positiveness....Happy thoughts!
I am so thnkful for so many things...that it will be hard to limit myself to 5...
so for today....
1. I am grateful I found this thread! I hope more people post because I love hearing about beautiful things.:hug:
2. My hubby...who is my biggest supporter...loves me unconditionally just like I am...and the other night I was in shorts, and it had gotten a little chilly later in the day, and I said, oooh I'm a bit cold...and he said, no you aren't you're HOT! I said no...I'm cold, it's getting chilly...and he said well you LOOK HOT...and I still didn't get it...he said YOU LOOK HOT IN THOSE SHORTS! awww that made my day!:o
3. I am grateful that I have the internet to learn as much as I can about Nutrition.....KNOWLEDGE IS SO EMPOWERING.:comp:
4. I am grateful that I can do little things each day to improve my health...a little exercise, learning, loving, supporting...losing a little at a time...in the end it will all be so worth it.:swim:
5. I am grateful that I am a child of God. I give Him all the glory. :thanks:
Cheers to all of you
02-19-2008, 10:56 PM
1. Trader Joes
2. Goofy baby grins
3. Tomorrow is a day "off"-- I go to work
4. My wonderful home care provider
5. My in-laws, seriously
02-20-2008, 06:04 AM
1) I´m grateful for my friends and family and all the amazing people I have in my life
2) I´m grateful that I´m healthy and so are those that I love
3) Im very grateful that I get to go home to see my friends after 2 weeks tarveling for work
4) I´m greateful that a very good friend is coming back after spending 6 months doing some soul searching in India, I can´t wait to hear about her experience !
5) And last but not least, I´m greatful for all the wonderful opportunities that life keeps presenting me with
02-20-2008, 09:35 AM
How did I miss this before? I LOVE this!
1. I am back on track again with my program!
2. I have a most wonderfully understanding boyfriend!
3. I have a fantastic MP3 player that I can use on my walks!
4. I have a job that gives me plenty of net-surfing leeway!
5. I STILL feel like a gooddess! :)
02-21-2008, 08:30 AM
today I am grateful for -
- willingness to try
- the thought of getting birthday presents for my grandson's first birthday. I think I'll go to Target - they have an Amigo (motorized cart) for me to tool around in to do my shopping - that I am VERY grateful for
- storytelling went well all day - what a joy
- the snow and ice look like a Christmas card photo out of my window - so beautiful
- my friends, family, 3fc, internet conncections
02-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Hi folks -
It seems that no matter where we are in the journey of life... if our food and life are in a good place OR if our food and life are not in the best place... It always helps to show gratitude. There's always something to be grateful for.
Got five? Want to share?
Please feel free to share daily or weekly or whenever you like.
02-25-2008, 09:51 AM
I'll start - I am grateful for:
- willingness to try - and even though my food isn't "perfect" all the time, I am grateful that I am moving past the "all or nothing" thinking with food more than not
- a wonderful weekend with my family in Michigan. Celebrated my grandson's first birthday. He is a joy -
- fewer aches and pains today
- moving forward in my quest for health
- my family, my friends, 3fc, and my internet connections