Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 02-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #1  
banned

S/C/G: 185/165/150

Height: 5'9 - 40 and fabulous!

Default Has anyone tried "Ripped System" by NxCare??

I just bought it yesterday and am currently on Atkins.

I just got finished reading the entire "Ripped" book. The workout program is outrageously intense...but...****...I'm gonna do it! It will consist of 4 days weight training (2 upper body, 2 lower body), 7 days cardio, but here's the kicker...on weight training days you are expected to do 30 min cardio at 65% level before your weights and 30 min. cardio at 65% level after your weights...on off-weight training days...you just do 1 session of 30 min cardio at what is called "sprinting". Sprinting is when you go high intensity (all out) for 30 seconds and slowly come down for 1 min...and repeat for 30 min. Actually, I did the sprint with my new trainer last night and i'll tell ya...I sweat more than ever before...sprinting just simply gives you more bang for your buck. The only thing that will be a real challenge for me (being on Atkins), is the dietary requirements of getting "ripped". The book has you eating 6 full fledged meals per day!!!...6! I don't know if I can eat that much food...believe me...I love to eat...but the amount of food required is ridiculous! I think though..that the program was really designed for men, but I'm going to give it a whirl!

If all goes well, I should substantially enhance my muscularity and drop a sh*tload of fat by next weigh-in. I'll keep you all apprised! Wish me luck...and strong lungs! Joyce

If anyone has tried the program...please post your results, if any. Thanks
bambifox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Hey bambi, I haven't heard of this program (so much cardio!!) but what you're calling 'sprinting' is what many of us refer to as HIIT or high-intensity interval training. It's particularly good for fat loss and all day calorie-burning. Also, it's less boring than steady-state cardio.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:09 PM   #3  
banned

Yes, it's the same as HIIT. Yeah...it's intense..but from what I've read (and the GNC man sold me) it's a quality product which has had amazing results in helping you push through stalls...ya know...taking your body to the next level!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baffled111 View Post
Hey bambi, I haven't heard of this program (so much cardio!!) but what you're calling 'sprinting' is what many of us refer to as HIIT or high-intensity interval training. It's particularly good for fat loss and all day calorie-burning. Also, it's less boring than steady-state cardio.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:09 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Bambi, can't wait to hear more about it from you!! What do you use to measure your bf during this?
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:43 PM   #5  
banned

Sportmom - I just use the mirror...I don't really do too much in the way of details when I'm sculpting...I find the mirror is the truest measure of gains/losses. I also use the scale...which is supposed to drop significantly if this 21 day program works!!! I just took the nighttime fat burner (all natural) and it's already making me sleepy. I start tomorrow a.m. I'll post here and let you all know how it's going. Thanks for your support. It's kinda scary and challenging as I've never pushed myself this hard before. We'll see......Joyce
Old 02-18-2008, 11:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Wait, there are drugs involved in this program??? It seems as though a smart meal plan + lotsa cardio + strength training should result in plenty of results without drugs. What is in the pills and what are they supposed to do? Your body already burns fat calories while you're sleeping.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:18 AM   #7  
banned

Well...it's not really drugs (it's vitamin supplements). Yes, it would seem that exercise with a good diet would do the trick...but I remember way back (about 10 yrs ago)...I worked out "hard" with a personal trainer, ate good and lost and toned. But never got my body up to that "flo jo" status! I was like me...only smaller! I want to reshape my body...take it to another level and at 40+...I feel like this is my last chance...

The "System" works like this...it contains 3 bottles (1 bottle is Ripped), you take that 1/2 hour before workout for more energy and increased fat burning, 2nd bottle is called "Lean" you take 3 pills and hour before bed (I took it last night and got a great night's sleep)...it is supposed to vamp up fat loss while you sleep, and the 3rd bottle is called "Dry", you take it 3 days before the 21 day program ends...it is a duretic that will get off the last bit of water around muscles for "competition" (bodybuilding)...I'm not taking that cuz I'm not trying to get "vainy"! But that's it. I'll keep you updated on my progress with the system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baffled111 View Post
Wait, there are drugs involved in this program??? It seems as though a smart meal plan + lotsa cardio + strength training should result in plenty of results without drugs. What is in the pills and what are they supposed to do? Your body already burns fat calories while you're sleeping.