LA Weight Loss - FEB 18-24 Losers and Friends....

View Full Version : FEB 18-24 Losers and Friends....

zambejaly5
02-18-2008, 10:13 AM
WAKE UP!!!! it is after 9 central time, where is everybody? Heres to a great week!

Dan2112
02-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Dang it!! I KNEW someone would throw up a new thread as soon as I decided to do it myself.. You got yours in a bit earlier than me, so we'll keep this one and I'll repost what I posted in the other...

Dan2112
02-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Copied from the other thread:

Good morning all!!!

What, are we all taking President's Day off from posting? I know you Canadians don't have that excuse!!

We had a good weekend.. We celebrated Liz's birthday yesterday with a small cake, served in very small slices, and took in "The Spiderwick Chronicles" with the kiddos..

We also cooked up a storm last night, making meals for the week.. We cooked a ground turkey meatloaf, a large pork loin and chicken tenders.. That way we're not forced to throw together last minute quicky meals or just "give up" and go out for dinner..

Go forth and make it a great week!

zambejaly5
02-18-2008, 10:51 AM
oooh how was the spiderwick chronicles? that looks good.

happy birthday Liz!

Dan2112
02-18-2008, 11:14 AM
It was pretty good.. I guess it compacts all the books into one movie, and according to my daughter, who has read them all, there was a lot left out.. However, she still enjoyed it, so that's all that count..

I thought it was enjoyable, but the ending was a bit quick for my tastes..

The real reason I wanted to see it was for the preview of the new Indiana Jones movie coming this summer.. As Liz would tell you, when it came on, I got as giddy as a school girl.

bradleys mom
02-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Good morning all!

DS's party was great! He got tons of toys, money and clothes. My day was weird as far as eating. I ended up being so nervous about the party that by 4pm I had only ate a cup of cottage cheese, and both Lites. It was not a good day. Then yesterday DH took me out to eat at Cracker Barrel for lunch, and I did not do too good there either. So today is a new day, new week, and I am going to go workout at the recreation center, and get back on track!

Hope everyone has a good week.

Katy66
02-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Hey everyone! Horrible weekend here, I spent yesterday in bed or running to the bathroom DARN stomach bug. I managed to keep down a 7up and 5 saltines at about 4pm yesterday. Still not myself today but I'm trying to eat to get some strength back. I know part of my problem is dehydration. I'm sure I'm down a pound or two but it certainly wasn't an easy way to do it and of course it will just be temporary:)

Hope everyone else had a better weekend!

zambejaly5
02-18-2008, 12:26 PM
........The real reason I wanted to see it was for the preview of the new Indiana Jones movie coming this summer.. As Liz would tell you, when it came on, I got as giddy as a school girl......

OOOOH and how did that look?? Does Harrison Ford look good or does he look like an old man? I am ready for that one as well.

amylou7777
02-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Morning friends! I have to say it's kind of nice to see that everyone else was busy this weekend-not a lot to catch up on!

I had a super busy weekend-food took a back seat and I know that I was off plan since we had company over, went to friends' houses, were running errands like mad etc. Like Kimberly said-it's a new week and I"m back on track!! It was nice to take a vaca from obsessing about food. I still made conscious choices but I let myself relax a little.

Katy- sorry to hear you are so sick!!! Feel better!

Kimberly-I'm glad DS bday went well! I get nervous when I'm hosting a billion people too! I've been to the cracker barrel a few times on road trips (none this way) YUM!

Hi Lettie, Dan!

Have a great day everyone!

Dan2112
02-18-2008, 12:40 PM
OOOOH and how did that look?? Does Harrison Ford look good or does he look like an old man? I am ready for that one as well.

Well, it didn't show much, just a few disjointed clips, but it was enough to get me geeking out... Obviously, Ford is a lot older and they play that up in the movie, but I think he still looks good in the part.

See for yourself:
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/indianajones.html;_ylt=AgvYf6vZTt8rqigFpHeWM8dfVXc A?showVideo=1

Hi Amy, Katy and Kimberly (and all you lurkers out there!)!!

Mama Nicole
02-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Good morning everyone :)

BarbaraB
02-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Katy, Hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself.

Kimberly, 2 years old is still a little guy! They are so very cute at that age. A little Cracker Barrell falls into each of our lives, but it sounds like you've already got your back to plan mindset on. I always like to go and work out a little extra when I've eaten a little extra. Not that I think it gives me permission to eat extra! It just helps me find a little absolution after the fact, and gets me to think seriously about how much that extra would take to burn off... which makes me more likely to say no.

Lettie, how was your weekend? You are getting so close to dropping below 200. How exciting.

Liz, Happy birthday!
Dan, That is an excellent plan, to have the healthy food all ready to go in the middle of a busy week. Even with the best of intentions, eating at a restaurant usually ends up being more fat and salt than anything you would do at home.

I went to see Juno this weekend. It was a little quirky, but I enjoyed it. I went with my sister and then we went out and had gelato. Then I didn't have dinner, since I had gelato guilt. Then didn't eat until noon the next day. Anyway.. just not on plan, but probably not over on calories... Today I'm back on track... eating more healthy food.

zambejaly5
02-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Dan..... ok.... that looks good. Looks like the Indy I know and love albeit oooolder. I guess for 66 he looks pretty good. ( born july 13 1942)

zambejaly5
02-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Barbara...it was a good weekend we had our Valentine Banquet at church. the theme was WWll and Rosey the Riviter. here are a couple pictures from the weekend.

and Yes I can almost taste 199!! I am hoping I can get out of Valentine mode and hit it really hard this week.

(edited...... ok I don't see the pictures... I can never remember how to do that. I will try again.)

zambejaly5
02-18-2008, 01:22 PM
ok..... here are the pictures

green0923
02-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Hi, all! I just posted my introduction in the newbie area, but wanted to drop in and say hello!

To make a long story short, this is my second time on LAWL. First time was a great success that ended too early when I became pregnant after 100 lb weight loss. Unfortunately, I lost the baby and went into a major depression. End result? 93 lbs came back on in about a year. So now I'm back, and more ready than ever to make this happen!

I have reviewed several of the threads, just trying to get a feel for the group. You seem like a great bunch -- much like the bunch I originally posted with a couple years ago. But I was ecstatic to see one name/face here -- Katie (Repogirl). We helped each other through this journey once before, and I'm so excited to have her support again -- and to meet all of you and become part of your group.

So, the good news is that after 1 week and 1 day, I am officially down 9 lbs! While I know most of week 1's weight loss is water, I'm very happy!

They have me on plan 5 with bars. It's tough relearning the plans -- I knew the colors so much better (and last time, didn't use the bars). There is way too much food on plan 5, so I have not been getting in all of my portions. I am working with the nutritionist to see what other options there are for me.

I have also started incorporating the elliptical into my life. Started a week ago with 9 mins, and now I'm up to 12 minutes. I'm just doing the base level -- no inclines or anything -- just trying to get back moving.

Okay, enough about me! Now I'm going to read some of your other posts so I can hopefully offer some personals later.

Take care! And thanks in advance for the support!

emmysmom
02-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Welcome back, Erin!!! :wave:

Kimberly - I wish my DD was two again. I'm planning her 4th birthday party now...FOUR!!! I just can't even believe it. It makes me sad thinking about it. Next year she'll be in kindergarten!!! Okay, I don't want to talk about it anymore...

michie
02-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Morning all!

I had a really weird weekend... I didn't FEEL like eating. I would get to like noon and I had only had a lite and water. I just couldn't get myself to eat. So I hardly got in any of my exchanges and I feel bad. Ick! I don't know... weird, eh?

I made myself have breakfast this morning, so so far so good! I have the day off work and school so I think I'm going to set up a tent in the gym and really get acquainted with the machines. I need it. I'll check in later!!!!

GrandmaCindy
02-18-2008, 01:46 PM
I went away for the weekend for a scrapbooking retreat - four days with 49 other women working on scrapsbooks day and night. The food was provided and way too starchy. I did not make good snack choices. Was figuring I'd be way depressed, but viewing things this morning, seems I have a lot of company with other enjoying weekend challenges.

Kimberley – Happy Birthday to DS. They grow up so fast.

Katy – Do hope you feel better. Lot of bugs going around. Tough way to get you close to the 100's!

Amy and Barbara. Sounds like you did well in your challenging plans, here's to a new week with good choices.

Cecilia, Michie, Tuesday –hope you all had good weekends with your special plans

Jillian – so good you got to catch up with DH.

Lisa – how’s the finger?

Dan - I didn't want anything to do with either my 20th or 30th reunion, unconsciously probably due somewhat to weight. It must feel good knowing that you'll be "ready" for them. As motivating as you are to others, I'm sure the support will be right with you for total sucess between now and June... and for life.

Erin - welcome

Everybody else that I missed ... hello.

I'm usually reading and running to or fro. Good to have a holiday today where I could actually pay a little more attention!

Cindy

BarbaraB
02-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Lettie, How cute you all look! It looks like you were having fun. I think it gets a little easier to exercise and lose when the days get a little longer. I just feel like sleeping and eating warm comfort food when it is so dark and cold out. Today the sun is shining and spring is in the air. My crocuses are blooming and exercising and eating right just doesn't seem so hard for some reason. So hopefully we will all see the scales move just a tad easier in the next couple of months.

The weekend went by so fast. We are planning a couple of home improvement projects, and I was just so excited to start looking at things and picking out what I wanted. We are having the living room/hall/entryway area painted. It has a lot of vaults and was just too high for me to contemplate doing it myself. We are having the stairs and landing recarpeted and the family room and maybe the bathroom... and we are doing a minor remodel on the master bathroom. Going to pull out some dated tile and put in some travertine marble instead and get rid of the shiny brass faucets that are corroding. So anyway, my DH is not in the best mood... As he never enjoys this sort of a thing, but I love remodeling...

zambejaly5
02-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Barbara.. that sounds so nice. I love getting everything all new again, although I know it is a pain while it is being done, but it is nice you are having someone do the painting.

pjbeau
02-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Good Morning...Afternoon...whatever it is where you are!!

I am down 2.5 lbs this morning. :woohoo: I'd like to take all the credit, but I don't think I can. I did do much better with my food choices and amounts last week, but also, my Dr. started me on a water pill to help lower my blood pressure. I'm sure some of the loss is water related. Whatever...I'm taking it!

We had a great weekend camping with my brother and his wife. I did fairly well. I stayed away from anything off-plan and made good choices for myself, regardless of what everyone else was eatting.

Hi, Erin! :welcome2:

You gals with little ones...cherish this time. My baby turns 19 next month. Last week when DH and I were out at our Valentine's dinner, we saw a little boy with the same cotton white hair and haircut that our DS had when he was 5. It made my heart jump and brought back so many sweet memories.

Hugs and Hey to everyone else...have a great day!! :hug::wave:

Katy66
02-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Hey all! Just checking in after a late lunch. I'm having a hard time getting my food in today. Still a little sluggish after yesterday and nothing really sounds or smells good to me. I've got yogurt for an afternoon snack so hopefully that will help get my digetstive system back on track.

Dan - Glad to hear the new Indiana Jones sounds good...I love H. Ford

Kimberly - "Barrels" as my DD calls it is always a downfall for me too. She loves it but mostly for the store :) I just have a hard time making good choices with all those comfort foods around.

AmyLou - I think we all need a break from obsessing about food sometimes. If I give myself the break I tend to make better choices than I do going into it saying I will eat only these things.

Barbara - Hi! We are doing some remodeling too. Adding a patio in the back and hardwoods for the living and dining room. I'm so excited! My DH loves doing this kinda stuff though so I don't have to deal with a grumpy about it.

Welcome Erin!

Hi Tina - They do grow up fast don't they. DD turned 5 in December and I'm already dreading fall and kindergarten.

Michie - good luck staying on plan today.

Cindy - Hope that you enjoyed your scrapbooking weekend. Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm starting to do some scrapbooking but I'm certainly very new to it.

Paula - good job staying on plan while camping. We do a lot of camping in the summer and I'm never good at staying away from the bad things.

Hi Nicole!

Better run and get back to work...talk to you guys later.

Mama Nicole
02-18-2008, 03:30 PM
HI again everyone :)

Welcome back Erin!!! :)

Lettie.....your kids are adorable!!!! Do they actually like each other, or where they just posing that cure for the picture? :lol:

Hi Tina!!!

Katie.....where are you today? And Felicia??? And Joni? and and and.......

I am sorry I have been kind of out of it lately.......I am here, and I am being a good girl..........just busy busy busy!

Keep up the good work everyone :)
XOXO

zambejaly5
02-18-2008, 03:41 PM
Nicole. they have their moments but they really do well together. My 15 y/o DD once told me when we were planning to go to Silver Dollar City, that she had told her friends that she was going there with her family, and they said, "oh how boring!" And she told me that she told them "What do you mean? they are not boring, i have fun with my family." We do a lot of things together, even if we are just home, most of the time it is without others over. so they spend a lot of time together........ I guess that was a long answer for ....yes

Dan2112
02-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Welcome back Erin!

Katy66
02-18-2008, 04:39 PM
On my way home guys...my tummy seems to be improving as the day goes on. Not sure what I'll for dinner but probably something lite, although I'm still short two proteins and two and half starches. Doubt that I will get them in but I really do think recovering is more important than getting all the food in. Actually it is very cold here this afternoon so I may have some chicken soup and maybe a grilled cheese....I've got a dairy left as well:)

Hope you all have a wonderful evening, keep up the good work!

equinetcan
02-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Happy Monday!!

I haven't posted in about a week or so but I did lurk last week - just too busy with work and such to get around to posting anything and really - not much happens here this time of year so not a lot to post about. We have ICE everywhere right now. First an ice storm last wednesday that was the most terrifying drive home I have had in years. I have to go down a short section of highway to get home and part is a long incline down. It was a complete sheet of ice at 5pm when I left. I equated it to white glass cause it was just as shiny. But I made it home but a 5 min drive took literally almost 1/2 hour as no one could really move faster than about 20 km/h (metric here!!). We basically coasted. Now we have rain that has just turned snow to ice in parking lots and walkways and driveways. Its awful. I almost fell 6 times just going from the car to the entrance to work this morning as they had no sand or salt down yet. That's my gripe for the day - hopefully it will ease up and the sun can melt things a little bit over the next few days so we can get areas cleaned up.

I started at Curves today. I had my first workout after work. I can tell I'll be a little sore but I really liked it. The people there are fun and seem like a good group to get to know. I am planning on going 3-4 times a week and it should help as I am getting little activity right now as you can't walk anywhere (remember the ice???? LOL).

I guess I should go have something for supper. I roasted a chicken yesterday so I'll have that with some veggies of some kind, although no starchy ones as I can't have any of those with supper.

Have a good night everybody. I'll make sure I try to check in more often.

whatazoo
02-18-2008, 07:10 PM
Hello all,
I did a TO on Thurs and Fri of last week. Lost 2 1/2 pounds. It blimped back up .4 on Sunday, but I was down .6 this morning, so all was good. I believe I am firmly in the 140's. The only reason I did a TO - I had no food in the house and I had just enough protein to get me by the TO... LOL

Dan - I just wanted to say that my 20 year reunion is this year too. BUT - I am having no part of the planning. I just want to show up and have a good time. I didn't go to my 10 year. I think I was getting ready to get a divorce and all that fun stuff. I should be at my high school weight (or thereabouts) once the reunion hits in July! Woohoo!

JLem311
02-18-2008, 07:41 PM
hey everyone. just thought i'd check in quickly. what a day. i worked til 11am, then the kids were over all day. it was fun, but exhausting. they just left for the night and now i'm ready for bed since getting up at 4am everyday comes too quickly..and i don't sleep much or well these days anyways..so it's a bit wearing on my body. i'm still doing well though..getting my workouts in and losing inches, etc.
not much else to say. just here and surviving. that's about it.

BarbaraB
02-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Hi Erin!

Alannah, you fell 6 times! Ouch! That would put me in a mood too. Any activity that you like and will do is great. My sister joined curves and said it really helped her.

Stephanie, You are doing so great! Are you going to push all the way to 140? Your face in your avatar looks very thin already.

Katy, My DH is kind of hot and cold on the remodeling. Sometimes very excited about it and sometimes it drives him demented (he has high standards and people sometimes fail to meet his expectations). I wanted to put hardwoods in our living room, but the quote that we got was really super high (I think it was one of those we really don't want to do the work bids).

equinetcan
02-18-2008, 08:57 PM
Barb - I didn't fall 6 times, I almost did. If I had fallen once I would have turned around and went back to the car until someone came and made the parking lot safe. Its my pet peeve this time of year because the landlord of the building doesn't take care of this parking lot well at all especially if there is ice. They didn't come around today until after 4pm to even put so much as a grain or two of sand down. I have fallen before on ice a seriously hurt my back so I am very leery of it now. One girl broke her wrist on it last year and had to have 2 surgeries to fix it with pins.

I don't even want to think about remodeling. I am not renovating inside except maybe some painting this year but outside I need to get the steps and landing on the front moved around to the back door and then a deck put on the front and I want to put concrete slabs/squares down to make my walkway better as right now its just gravel and I don't like it, especially when its raining and gets muddy. Those are my spring and summer to do lists...

Now we just need spring to spring up!!!

lizababe
02-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi Everyone!

It's still painful and taking forever to type with the bum finger but I had to share real quick that I was down 3.4 at WI today :) Yay me!

Hope everyone else is successful with their WI's as well!

Katy66
02-19-2008, 08:58 AM
Good Morning! Still feeling better with the tummy stuff but now I have a scratchy throat, YUCK! DH has a horrible cold so I guess he is passing it on to me. I'm super dosing with vitamin c and zicam to ward it off. DD has shown no symptoms of either illness yet so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Was not on plan yesterday but the tummy just wasn't up to getting all that food and water in. I think I can manage today though. May go and do a WI to see where I stand, I missed last week.

Better run, I'll do personals later. Have a great day!:)

Dan2112
02-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Liza!! You're doing awesome.. That's fantastic.. Must make for good radio ads too!

I'm having an issue... I find myself becoming REALLY hungry in the mornings.. My usual Lite and fit smoothie, piece of fruit and SB bar just isn't cutting it.. I ate my lunch at 10 am yesterday... And I find it's getting harder to resist the snacks people bring in to the office..

So this morning, having a meeting in town, I stayed home and had time to cook a proper breakfast.. So I had two eggs, some lite toast and a glass of "simply orange".. I'll be taking an apple to the meeting so I can resist the pile of bagels they always have there..

It used to be that after the kids went to bed, I'd go downstairs for some TV and computer time.. But lately, I've been staying upstairs because I get really really snacky and will munch on anything...

The problem is that mentally, I think that since I lost all this weight and my body is better able to expell junk food, I can just nosh anytime anywhere...

HELP!!!!!!

Debbie24
02-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Morning all!

Allergies have been killing me. I can barely breath sometimes. I never had allergies before and now its happening every week. DH says that i'm getting it so bad and spring didnt even start yet. I hate to think what i'll be going thru when all the pollen really starts coming. ugh. i've been miserable and the baby just wants to be held all day. He's going thru his separation anxiety phase.

The scale is moving for me and i'm so happy. DH is down 20lbs. I'm so proud of him once again. Just like i predicted my mom asked if i was making him diet or if he wanted to. I knew this would happen and for it to come from my mom is aggravating. We see his family in a few months and i'm sure they will be thinking the same which i dont want but you know what, i'm trying to preserve my husbands life so they should thank me. Anyway i'm not the one thats making him diet tho, he wanted to. I did LAWL before without him and i could have again but he wanted to join me so he keeps telling me who cares what others think. I'm going to try to not let them get to me but his family is so nasty. Enough of me venting.

Dan i find that i need to eat a filling breakfast also or i'm really hungry all day. I usually have 1/2P, 1S, 1/2 or 1D & a little bit after 1F. This morning i splurged and had 1egg, 1oz cheese, 2 pieces of bread & coffee with milk. I normally wouldnt have the cheese but i havent had it in a while and thinking back i probably should have had the egg beater instead of the egg to keep the fat down. Oh well i'll be ok. I know what you mean about being comfortable with a your weight and you think its ok to have things you shouldnt but you are stronger Dan. You worked too hard to go back now.

hope everyone has a POP day.

amylou7777
02-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Morning!

Dan- I have periods like that as well. I wonder what it really means....I usually just feed the hunger. If I need to eat my lunch early, I will and if that means having a bigger snack in the afternoon than I anticipated-it's ok. I always try to save something (lite, fruit, fat(nuts)) for after dinner so I don't go crazy if I finish everything a little early. Hang in there!

Gotta get goin-busy day, busy week! Hope everyone is having a good one!

Mama Nicole
02-19-2008, 10:57 AM
I weighed in this a.m., and I am up 1.4, but I am not that disappointed. Last week we ate out 3 times, and one of those times was for all you can eat Alaskan King Crab Legs!!!!!! YUM!!!! Anyway........I vow to be OP all day long, and maybe, just maybe, even exercise :)
XOXO

bradleys mom
02-19-2008, 11:59 AM
Hey everybody. I came online to request prayers from those who would...

My uncle is in the hospital right now and the outlook is not very bright. He is having some heart problems, and we're not sure what exactly is going to happen. His blood pressure is very low, and he also has cirrhosis of the liver. My family is just finding out that this is most likely all caused by alcohol. My dad has left work early to go to the hospital to pray with him. He has 8 kids with 3 being very young and still living at home. Your prayers would be greatly appreciated!

I will check back in later...

emmysmom
02-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Keep us updated, Kimberly...I'm praying for you all...:hug:

BarbaraB
02-19-2008, 12:52 PM
Dan, I think you need to use one of your fat servings at breakfast. In maintenance, you should have at least 3 servings of fat, so it should be easy to shift one to earlier in the day. Maybe some nuts for the top of that smoothie? It seems to me that your weight has continued to trend down since you've hit maintenance, so perhaps you have not added enough calories back in. So perhaps consider adding an additional exchange. I was told at the center that if your weight dropped more than 3 pounds below goal, they would consider adding more exchanges in. I don't know what they recommended adding though.

Liza, Apparently bum fingers agree with you! So happy that the WI was a good one. Remember this one the next time one is not so good.

Nicole, I know you can be a POP star this week, and see that 1.4 pounds gone and probably more.

Kimberly, that is so sad. I have been surprised by people that I had no idea had a serious drinking problem suddenly having a problem like that too. I will say a prayer for your uncle and hope that he recovers. Miracles happen every day.

cecil
02-19-2008, 12:56 PM
My prayers are with your family Kimberly.

Hi all. I had a very Off Program weekend, and the scale is definately showing that. Friday night we went out for drinks and sat when I WI I was down. Quite a bit down. And I was happy but I knew it wouldn't stay that way. So Sat we went to BF friends bar out of town. We kinda celebrated V-day on sat. So I ate what I wanted and didn't worry about it. But today I am up 2.4 lbs and boy am I regretting that decision. BF's parents gave us Gift Cert. for a sushi restaurant in town and he really wants tonight... I do to. But I know I shouldn't. UGH! Why does there always have to be stuff going on and things I have to say no to. It's really frustrating sometimes.
Sorry!
I am trying to stay POP and eat light so I can have sushi tonight. Ugh!

Repo girl
02-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Hi, all! I just posted my introduction in the newbie area, but wanted to drop in and say hello!

To make a long story short, this is my second time on LAWL. First time was a great success that ended too early when I became pregnant after 100 lb weight loss. Unfortunately, I lost the baby and went into a major depression. End result? 93 lbs came back on in about a year. So now I'm back, and more ready than ever to make this happen!

I have reviewed several of the threads, just trying to get a feel for the group. You seem like a great bunch -- much like the bunch I originally posted with a couple years ago. But I was ecstatic to see one name/face here -- Katie (Repogirl). We helped each other through this journey once before, and I'm so excited to have her support again -- and to meet all of you and become part of your group.

So, the good news is that after 1 week and 1 day, I am officially down 9 lbs! While I know most of week 1's weight loss is water, I'm very happy!

They have me on plan 5 with bars. It's tough relearning the plans -- I knew the colors so much better (and last time, didn't use the bars). There is way too much food on plan 5, so I have not been getting in all of my portions. I am working with the nutritionist to see what other options there are for me.

I have also started incorporating the elliptical into my life. Started a week ago with 9 mins, and now I'm up to 12 minutes. I'm just doing the base level -- no inclines or anything -- just trying to get back moving.

Okay, enough about me! Now I'm going to read some of your other posts so I can hopefully offer some personals later.

Take care! And thanks in advance for the support!

ERIN!!!! OMG I am freaking out! I was thinking about you just other day, wondering how you are doing. You did so great the first time, this will be easy as broccoli for you! (Notice that I did not say pie!) Tell me about your baby!

pjbeau
02-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Hi, everyone!!

Woohoo, Liza...great loss!

Kimberly - We're here for you...keep us updated.

Dan & Cecelia - I guess if it was easy everyone would be walking around skinny. Unfortunately, we have obstacles and temptations to deal with. Both of you are strong and can get past this bump in the road.

As for me, I'm doing okay so far today. I had to go for my sleep study last night. How in heck are you supposed to sleep with all those wires hooked up to you? They said they got enough info, but I don't see how since I was restless and woke up so many times. When I got home this morning, I promptly zonked out for three hours...best sleep ever.

Repo girl
02-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone!

Nicole- I have been on vacation to Jackpot, NV. We went for three days, and had a wildly good time. I have something happen to me that I thought you might get a kick out of. Saturday night DH drove my me, my parents, my sister, and my SIL to a bar to listen to the band. We proceeded in getting really trashed on jello shots, yaager, and cosmos, and danced the night away. We had so much fun. About 1:00 am we went back to the hotel to our rooms. DH and I were sharing with my parents. We turned on Comedy Central, and were laying in bed watching it and laughing. After about 10 minutes, the front desk knocked on the door to say that the room next to us was complaining of the noise. Of couse we thought that was really funny, and had a good laugh. 5 minutes later the front desk guy returned to say that they people next door were threatening to call the police if we did not shut up. He also said that he could not even hear us in the hall, and had no idea how we could be bothering anyone. The police threat was even funnier to me and my mom, but DH turned off the TV and made everyone go to bed. We have laughed all weekend about the whole thing. I wonder if the people next to us thought that they were dealing with a bunch of teenagers or what? How is your DD doing? Also, how was your sister's visit?

Liza- Good loss!

Katy- I hope that you are feeling better today.

Dan- Both movies sound great!

Barb- I am dying to see Juno. My sisters said that they laughed their heads off.

Lettie- Cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time.

To the rest of you who are hanging your heads in shame with me: Lets have a week we can be proud of!

apple76
02-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Copied from the other thread:

What, are we all taking President's Day off from posting? I know you Canadians don't have that excuse!!

We, Canadians in Ontario, as well as guys from Alberta and BC - had a Family Day yesterday! So I think we DO have an excuse! It's a new holiday in ON, we took this day off for the 1st time. It is sweeeeeet :):dancer:

Katy66
02-19-2008, 03:06 PM
Kimberly - Your uncle and family are in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted.

Hello everyone, hope life is treating you well. I'm doing okay plan wise but need to do some serious water intake to get mine in today. To add insult to injury after my stomach bug and scratchy throat this am (which I think is nothing by the way) TOM arrived. Of all the crap in one week, wait not even a week, three days! Oh well, enough whining!

Liza - way to go on the loss, that is great!

Stephanie - Amazing what we will do to avoid going to the grocery store.

Hi Jillian - Good to hear from you and glad you are in the bunny challenge:) You hang in there.

Allanah - I hate ice, snow is much better:)

Dan - My only suggestion would be to add a protein and it sounds like you did that. Hope it helps!

Nicole - Good luck getting in some exercise. I keep vowing to do the same:)

Cecelia - I LOVE SUSHI! What a dillema!

Katie - That is just too funny that you and your parents had someone threaten to call the police. What a bunch of tight you know whats you must have been beside?

Hi Amylou and Paula! Where is everyone else? Come out; come out where ever you are!

Katy66
02-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Family Day.......I want a family day holiday. Wait I forgot I work in healthcare, we have no holidays:)

apple76
02-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Apparently Family Day is not for everybody in Ontario. Banks and Post Offices had to work :( I mean - yey, I got my mail and the mortgage did come off the account, but I felt bad about the Postman having have to get out of bed :(

Repo girl
02-19-2008, 03:33 PM
Katy- Man, a triple whammy!

Family day, huh? What a great holiday.

Kimberly- I forgot to mention that I will keep your uncle and your family in my thoughts.

Repo girl
02-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Katy- Man, a triple whammy!

Family day, huh? What a great holiday.

Kimberly- I forgot to mention that I will keep your uncle and your family in my thoughts. :hug:

Repo girl
02-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Oh, I don't know how that happened.......

Dan2112
02-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Thanks all, for the suggestions.. Perhaps I do need to add some exchanges.. I had a really big grilled chicken salad for lunch and will be going out for dinner (YMCA Board meeting).. I was planning on having another salad (as there isn't much else at the place we go that is on plan), but perhaps I'll have their "Budda Bowl" which is like a chicken bowl with rice and veggies, but the only sauce is what you put on it..

Kimberly.. We'll be keeping you in our thoughts!!

Taa taa for now!

amylou7777
02-19-2008, 05:34 PM
Ok I’m going to try to get back into posting- I have been neglecting this site and I know I do better on plan when I’m checking in with you guys….

Lettie- WOW! You look SO GREAT! Seriously, I love your dress. And your kids are gorgeous!

Welcome back ERIN!! Hop right into posting again. It looks like many of our old faithfuls remember you and I’m looking forward to hearing more from you!

Hi Tina! SOOO SOO Good to see you back and posting. Good luck with Emmy’s 4th birthday!

Michelle-how are you girl? OMG, Corvetter Diner brings back good memories. I haven’t been there in years! So much fun! Did you get straws thrown at you? How did you do at the gym yesterday? I’m vowing to workout at least 4 out of the next 5 days!

Hi Cindy! Did you get lots of scrapbooking done? I wish I could get more into that….I just don’t have the patience for it! I made dbf an online scrapbook-perfect for me!

Liza- how’s the finger?? CONGRATS on your GREAT LOSS!!

Barbara- I want to put in travertine so bad! I love the look of the big huge tiles in the kitchen and baths. Good luck with everything!

Paula- you better own that huge loss!! CONGRATS! That is aweomse-no excuses-you are a POP star! What is going on with your sleeping? I didn’t know you were having a problem…keep us posted

Hi Katy
HI Nicole
Hi Katie!

Hi Debbie- hope your allergies calm down soon! Congrats on seeing the scale move! That’s awesome about DH- I wish I could get dbf on the wagon with me….he’s still my biggest enabler even though he tries so hard to be supportive!

Cecil- go do sushi with bf. Have fun. Just don’t over do it-and tell them you are going to want lots of water!! I’ve had sushi twice since being on plan and did really well with it-just no extra rice and tell them to go light on the sauces!! You can do it!

Dan-let us know what you end up doing to solve your problem!

Kimberly- You know I am thinking and praying for your family.

Whew! I know I missed a bunch of my friends but I gotta get back to work! I did 35 min of the Leslie Sansone walking DVD this morning-love it!!!! Thanks to Kimberly for giving me all the info on it!

Katie-I'm with you! I want a week I can be proud of! I have a speaking event, and catered dinner this evening but thankfully I know exactly what to expect and I know I can stay on plan!

Let's have a POP week guys!:hug:

BarbaraB
02-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Dan, I'd try to experiment a little bit with adding small amounts and see how your body reacts. Maybe just a single exchange will be enough to satisfy you. I find that BLUE and GOLD are a huge difference, but it is only 1/2 protein and 1 starch difference, which really is not a whole lot of calories.

Amylou, I have big plans to rip out the old tile this weekend... the painters come tomorrow, so I better go home and move furniture around! I'm so excited, as I've wanted to paint in there for about a decade now. I know we can have a good week here and start seeing the scale move down.

GrandmaCindy
02-20-2008, 07:29 AM
Good Morning! I joined Stephanie on the TO route the past couple of days. Had a terrible tooth ache so layed low after the dentist, but nothings showing on the scale. I guess that's "good" considering my off weekend. I did get some scrapbooking done, although I'm sort of new to it and not as creative as most people I "watched". One good thing was seeing pictures of myself 50 pounds ago. Where as I once would have ditched those, I put one in for later comparison.

Alannah - reading your post makes be think I need to be careful what I wish for. No more "please let us have some winter weather"!

Liza - Great Loss and glad your finger is getting a little better.

Debbie - Hope you are feeling better with your allergies. I think it's GREAT that your husband is making lifestyle changes with you. As he says, don't worry about what others may think. I can see me mouthing off (if I had in-laws) and saying something about at least I'm concerned about his health!

Amy and Cecilia - Hope your sushi night and banquet night were "good", both in taste and one the scale!

Katie - I'm sure if your kids heard the hotel story, one day you are going to be reminded of it if they run into party/noise issues. Remember Mom how LOUD you and Dad were and the cops almost had to be called ...

Barbara - Good luck with your renovating. Should help burn off some calories, too. I'll usually start a project making a big mess beyond hope, and then DH will get involved, or get the right kind of support to help!

Nicole - How is your daughter doing?

Paula - Hope you got a good night's sleep last night and GREAT job with your loss.

Lettie - You have a very nice looking family!

Jillian - Hope you are having a good day and keeping your chin up and attitude positive.

Kimberley - Remember your Uncle and family in my prayers. Hope you are holding up okay.

Off to work for another OP day! Followed Dan's lead and fixed things for the rest of the week to make it "easier" to stay on plan.

Dan - I also go through periods of munchies orhungry when nomally plan food is filling. Only "good" that came out of my COD closing was me being able to buy the toffee popcorn. I would buy 10 bags on sale, have one for my snack and keep coming back eating all 10 before I knew it!

Off to work for another OP day! Followed Dan's lead and fixed things for the rest of the week to make it "easier" to stay on plan. Anybody heard from Felicia? Wonder how the kids and house sale are going.

To everyone else missed (I'm still getting the hang of this!|), hello!|

Cindy

emmysmom
02-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Family Day...what an AWESOME idea!!!

DH and I went to breakfast this morning at my DD's preschool. They had breakfast for the parents. It was really nice. I'm sure it makes the kids feel good to "share" the place where they go every day.

It's been one full week of the Biggest Loser DVD's. I've been alternating cardiomax with sculpting. First couple of days, I couldn't walk. First time I did the cardiomax I thought I was going to be sick. But I did it this morning and it''s still kicking my butt...but the soreness is going away and I can really feel a difference. I figure if I can keep this up, these videos will make me strong. I have sore muscles in places I didn't know I even had muscles:) I do recommend them...they're very, very good...especially for TBL fanatics like me:)

Joni - where are you????

Hello to everyone else! Here's to a POP day!!!

Debbie24
02-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Morning.

Its been pretty slow around here huh? Well nothing new to report. Been having good days. Hope everyone else is also.

Thank you Amy & Cindy for the well wishes. I have been feeling better with the allergies. You know what, i think i'm allergic to DH. Everytime he's home the allergies act up but that could also be because as soon as he walks in he opens up all the windows that i have closed all day long. We'll have to do an allergy test. LOL.

Amy - Even tho DH is dieting with me he is also an enabler. He's always saying mmm followed by some not OP yummy food even tho he knows we cant have it. Its funny but i have to be his mommy sometimes. Keep up the exercising, i really should make time for some.

Hope everyone has a good day today!

green0923
02-20-2008, 10:23 AM
Good morning, all! For anyone I don't hit in personals this time around, I'll catch you next time!

Alannah - ugh! It's in the 50s here and we're all complaining about cold. (But I DO miss the snow.)

Liza - Great loss!!!

Debbie - Great that DH is participating. Mine is trying too, and even though he doesn't really need to lose, it makes my life easier not having 2 dinners every night, etc.

Amy and Cecilia - Woo hoo! How fun! Sushi ... I'm picky about, but I eat it. Banquet sounds divine.

Barbara - I love the idea of renovations... but the work, eww! Good for you for loving it!

Paula - Great loss!!

Lettie - Adorable family

Kimberly - I'll be thinking of you and your family. Keep us posted!

Dan - I agree, maybe move a fat up? (I'm still getting re-used to this whole thing.)

Katie - So glad to see you on here! And so sorry to hear about Vegas. Do you still keep in touch with any of the other girls? Yeah, I had a tough time with the loss. If you remember, I'm Type 1 diabetic, but have had two relatively easy pregnancies and two very healthy kids (even though #2 was 5 weeks early). When I got pregnant this time (not expected), it was not long after Deets went through her miscarriage, so I didn't want to post about it on here. Well, then almost 5 months in, my amnio fluid just bottomed out, and I lost him. Took a long time to get over, but I am back in the saddle now! Thanks for the vote of confidence re: success. I'm trying to do things a little different this time -- mixing up foods, etc. I know the weight may not come off as quickly, but I think it will make it easier for me to make this a lifestyle change instead of a "diet." So far, I have been up, down, up, down in the scale each morning. This is very different from last time, so I'm feeling frustrated. But trying to keep motivated.

Which leads me to my questions for all of you:

They keep telling me to eat all of my portions, and on lower plans, I agree. But that's almost 2400 calories/day on plan 5 (with lites). I'm averaging 1700-1800, I figure, and I think that's a safe amount to start from. I can't see how adding 600-700 calories per day will make me lose weight any faster -- as long as I'm eating as much as I am. Plus, last time I started on Red Plus (without lites), which I think was around 1700-1800 calories, and the weight just fell off (100 lbs in less than 10 months).

One of the things I am doing is only eating 1 bar a day. Other than reducing calories (and CoD sales), how do you think going down to 1 bar a day impacts the WL?

bradleys mom
02-20-2008, 10:50 AM
Hey everyone, thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!

The catheterization came out okay for my uncle. But I am afraid the good news may be the bearer of bad news. It seems that when someone checks out ok, they dont think they should change their eating, or drinking habits. I am afraid this may be the case here!

I am back POP today, so far.. My eating has been so weird since the birthday party. I did get in an hour of aerobic walking in last night so I am hoping that helped me get back on track. Also DH and I are going to the gym together this evening to get in a couple hours of cardio and strength training.

Thanks again for all the prayers! Hope you all have a splendid hump day!

bradleys mom
02-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Can you all see my tickers?? I cant...

apple76
02-20-2008, 11:11 AM
I cannot :(

apple76
02-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Wait, now I can! The one with a chick.

dawn78
02-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Boy it's quiet around here!

Erin - welcome back! I've been giving this another "go around" again also but I remember it being much easier the first time. It looks like you got a good jump start, good for you!

michie
02-20-2008, 11:30 AM
Good morning everyone!

Kim- Hopefully such a huge health scare will put your uncle onto the right track and make his health a priority. All of my uncles are really heavy drinkers, so I'm so worried one day this is going to happen to them! So scary!

Amy- Things have been going great down in SD! My job is finally starting to mellow out so I'm feeling a lot less stressed than I used to... which I'm sure is good for my WL! It's all rainy and gloomy down here.. how is it up in your neck of the woods??? I can't wait for it to be summer already so SD can be back to normal!

Erin- Lately I've been feeling like I can't eat all of this food, too. So I don't. However, I have been losing like a pound a week... which stinks! And as long as you're choosing lean and low fat options for your exchanges I think you should be fine. Good luck!

emmysmom- It's Tina, right??? Anyway, I'm doing Power Sculpt only and I definitely saw a difference after doing it for a few days. I want the cardio max dvd too... when you say you wanted to throw up.... you didn't mean that, right??

Liza- Hope the finger is feeling better!

Everyone else that I missed and that's lurking this morning... HI! I'm off to COD to try and get some counseling... we'll see. Hope everyone has a very very POP day! Later!

amylou7777
02-20-2008, 11:31 AM
I can't Kimberly....
I hope that someone is able to get through to your uncle! I know he has kids and that should be enough motivation to whip him into shape. they must have been terrified! I hope he realizes soon...

Morning all!

My banquet dinner was ok-I was not POP but tried to keep it as close as possible. They but a piece of choc mousse cheesecake in front of every place setting-grrr. I had a few bites just bc it was there. I should have moved it as soon as I sat down but just wasn't in the right mindset bc I had saved so many exchanges that by the time I got there I literally had a headache I was so hungry! Oh well....back on track today!

Hope everyone has a great Wed! Mine will be busy so I gotta get goin!

cecil
02-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Hi and good morning to all!

Michie-I am glad your job is getting less stressful. That always makes it easier. Good luck at COD. How's the Kmart Challenge going? I really did want to throw up the first time I did the Cardio Max but I did level two and I hadn't done any activity for about 6 months.

Kimberly- I have an uncle that is the same way. We recently had a scare as well. He needs to quit drinking and smoking as well. I hinestly can't see that happening any time soon? It is really sad!

Amylou- It sounds like you made pretty good choices, we can't always be perfect. I know what you mean about saving exchages and then getting a headache. God that sucks. Glad the Banquet went well!

By the way i did go to Sushi last night and it was fantastic. Seriously I could eat it everyday if I could! YUM! I think I Did pretty good. I saved 2 fats 3 starches and 1 1/2 Protiens. So I think that was pretty on plan!

I hope everyone has a POP day! And as always thanks a lot for all of your support! You gals and Dan, HA! ROCK!

pjbeau
02-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Hey ya'll!!

Just checking in this morning. I'm doing well...oooh, I did an hour on my treadmill last night. :carrot:

Amy/Cindy - I went to the Dr. last week because my blood pressure has been up for several months. I thought it was just stress from DH's accident and long recovery, but things are getting back to normal and my BP hasn't gone down. Anyways, Dr. put me on a water pill to start working on that and ordered labs to make sure everything else is okay. Second issue was that I don't sleep well, I usually can't wind down and go to sleep until at least midnight, and sometimes am still restless. Apparently, according to DH, I also snore terribly loud (how unlady-like). So, Dr. ordered a sleep study to see if I have sleep apnea or any else. I'll find out the results to all the tests next week. Thanks for being concerned and I will let you know how it comes out.

Kimberly - Unfortunately, my Dad is a drinker. When he had his first heart attack about 20 years ago, the cath with a angioplasty (sp) was all they needed to do. It scared him straight for several years, then he slowly slipped back into bad eatting and drinking habits. A few years ago he had a quintuple by-pass...now he does okay, but I guess some habits and addictions just won't stay away.

Hope everyone has a great day! :hug:

cecil
02-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi Paula we were posting at the same time!

Congrats on the Treadmill time! You are way more motivated than me! Can you kick me in the Butt!

Mama Nicole
Good morning everyone :)

I have to tell you, Katie.......you hotel story sounds like one of my family stories.......I was laughing out loud.......! I am glad you all had so much fun.

So, yesterday, I was doing my flylady chore.......cleaning out one of my messiest dresser drawers, and I found all of my sexy panties....and I almost started crying. I purposely have NOT cleaned that drawer out since before I was pregnant with 3 yo DS. I have not wanted to face that music. Anyway.....I have a STACK of gorgeous panties that do NOT fit. I can't even imagine what DH must think of my 100% cotton fatty panties I wear now :(. I decided to not waste any energy crying, and instead I walked to go pick up DS from school. It is a short walk, but we stopped at the park, and I walked laps around this cute little trail that circles the park while DS played for a few minutes. I got in a total of about 30 minutes of exercise.....and that is a HUGE deal for me :carrot:. Anyway.......I am going to try really hard to do some sort of exercise again today. Also......I did not stay OP yesterday....and today I have to pick up a butt load of girl scout cookies........so wish me luck:o!!!

Ok, big hellos to everyone............I just can't seem to find time to play much here............but I do so adore you all!!!! Have a great day......and be a POPstar today!!!

Hey, did anyone watch AI last night? I am loving the guys!!!!
XOXO

Repo girl
Morning everyone!

Erin- So sorry about your m/c. It sounds like it was a long road for you. I am so glad that you came back here. I do still talk to Mary from time to time. She had twins last year! I really do not like the numbered plans at all. I am staying on red, no lites. Apply that phrase loosely, as I am not really on plan at all for last little bit. I really need to buckle down and quit being dumb.

Tina- Great job with all of the exercise, you are my shero!

Cindy- Hmmm, that is true. Cant let the kids know that their parents and grandparents are rabble rousers!

Kimberly- Glad that things are okay for your uncle. Hopefully your family can help him get his act together.

Debbie- Allergic to DH? That is funny.

Amy- Tell me about your speaking engagement. I have one next month and I am already freaking out!

Mama Nicole
02-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Oh, yes, I also wanted to express my sympathy, Erin. I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a child....no matter how young. :hug:.

And a couple of you asked about DD.......she is doing well :) She is 26 weeks along now, and super healthy. She plans on naming her baby Maria Nicole......isn't that sweet? She is really beginning to feel the bond with her baby now.......it is really endearing to watch her changing into a mom :) Sometimes you just don't understand why life goes the way it goes..........but sometimes it doens't matter why..........somehow this needed to happen in our lives........and I am just so thankful that my family is all together and in good health :)

And Kimberly...........I know how heartbreaking it is to see someone you love hurting themself. Just love him.........that's all you can do :) :hug:
XOXO

pjbeau
02-20-2008, 11:58 AM
Cecelia - Come on you can do it too. :kickbutt::kickbutt:

Nicole - :running:Way to go! I feel so much better when I exercise, but I am the queen of excuses most of the time.

cecil
02-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Hi Katie!- What is your speaking engagement? I agree with nicole about the hotel story sooo funny! I was laughing. Some people seriously lighten up! Ha!

Hi Nicole- I am soo jealous you can walk outside right now! Last night it was -20 below with -30 wind chill which made it -50 below! It was sooo cold! Omg! I cannot wait till spring! Someone fly me to your house I will do all of your fly lady chores just let me be warm! Ha!

Repo girl
02-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Wow, everyone was posting at the same time.

Nicole- I finally bought some bigger black lacey panties. They are sooo much better than the cotton fatty panties. Good job on the exercise, and good luck with the GS cookies. Damn girl scouts anyway.

Paula- Great job with the exercise!

Cecilia- Glad that you enjoyed the sushi. I have never had it.

Amy- I would have eaten the whole thing, and DH's, so good job on taking a few bites!

Michelle- Glad that your job is chilling out. There is nothing worse than a stressful job.

Dawn- Hey, how are you doing?

Repo girl
02-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Cecilia- I am teaching a workshop at a wellness expo called "Healing With Crystals". I use crystals all of the time in my own practice, so it should be simple. I really need to decide exactly what I am going to speak about so I can make sure I have good specimens to show. I just really want it to be a quality experience for those who attend, so that they can use crystal healing to benefit their own lives.

Nicole- How sweet of your DD to be naming the baby after you. I am glad that she is doing well.

Jrny2aNewMe
02-20-2008, 01:11 PM
Hi all!

Family Day – What a wonderful holiday, celebrated in Alberta since 1990. It was proposed by our premier at the time, who ironically was later found to have a son with severe drug addiction which was supposedly attributed to “family problems”.

Well I was absolutely POP last week and managed to lose 2.4 pounds, then had a birthday party on Sunday night. So Monday when I went into COD the counselor said they had a new trainee and asked if I minded if she shadowed the counselor. I said no, but was thinking to myself, sure, great, after the party last night. As I sat down I said just don’t look at last night, ok. She said, “I was just looking at that, a bottle of wine!”. I just said “yes, I told you not to look at last night”. So needless to say, that brought about a 2 pound gain. So it’s back to being on track this week. However, I am now worried about this coming weekend as we have a family meeting with Home Care and my mom’s doctor where we know they are gong to tell us she has to be moved into a nursing home. I know Mom is not going to take it well have a strong suspicion I am going to be in need of another bottle of wine.

Anyway, enough about me.

Kimberly – so sorry to hear about your uncle. I pray he will be one of the ones that will not look at his clean bill of health as an excuse.

Barbara – Have fun with the renovating. I want to do something with my house, but keep changing my mind as to what I want to do! All I know is I want something different, but I also have this small issue called “money” LOL.

Erin – Welcome!.

BarbaraB
02-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Val, I just hope when my time comes when I need extra care that I take it well. I've seen older folks who just seem to be living in denial that they are no longer capable and that it is the best thing for them. I've seen family members run down their own health trying to care for others, so don't try to take on more than you can do. Perhaps the news will not be so bad or there will be other options available to consider. I think for the remodel that we are trying to keep costs down by doing as much as we can ourselves, but calling professionals too. The painters are here today, and I"ve always painted myself, but these are tall walls. So it is really nice to have the professionals handle that. They are doing a great job.

Many of you are putting me to shame, as I did not manage to fit in a work out yesterday (except for dragging all my furniture around and I think that piano moving is an aerobic activity). I did manage to do my regular spin class this morning, but I've been doing a little slacking, so maybe I'll do the elliptical tonight to make up for not doing it last night.

Did anyone see the biggest loser last night? I don't know if that guy who got voted off is going to do all that well at home. Surprising that you can eat all those chicken wings and still lose 5 pounds for the week. I did read on a blog by one of the contestants that their "weeks" are not always only a week, so it makes sense to me given the huge weight loss amounts that perhaps it was more like 2 weeks that went by on that one. So when you compare thier numbers to what you are seeing, remember that it is produced for TV and not always exactly the truth.

cecil
02-20-2008, 02:09 PM
I did see the TBL and I really wish they wouldn't have sent Paul home. I don't think he can do it by himself. And I also thought it was kinda weird how all of their family had junk food around. Like how they brought Bernie to the bakery I felt sooo bad for him. But I guess that's what the producers probably told them to do....
One thing I don't get is how come Brittney always only loses 3 lbs it seems impossible that she doesn't lose more with all the actvity that they do and eating right? I just don't get it???????

dawn78
02-20-2008, 02:40 PM
I have a couple of questions regarding which plan I should be on. I’m done nursing so I’m no longer doing plan 3+ which was plan 3 w/ an additional PVFSDFa & no lites. My COD told me that once I was done nursing they would move me to plan 3, but I think they assumed I would be doing the lites again, but I’m not. So I’m not sure which plan I should be doing. Is there anyone else that has similar stats to mine and is not doing the lites? What I should do is just go back to the COD. I’ve been on hold there since my DD was in the hospital in December and after that I just made the decision to stay on hold until I was done nursing. Well I’m done and I still haven’t gone back. I just know they’re going to lecture me about not coming back right away and I’m sure they’re going to want me to pay for additional weight loss weeks but there’s no way I’m giving them any more money. I’m also thinking about just going back to the colored plans. I had good luck w/ gold but I was also using the lites then. If I wanted to go back to the colored plans and not do the lites I think I go to purple then, right? Purple is the large protein portion plus a ½ protein and a Veggie more, right? Thanks for the help, I just need to get this weight off.

Hi Katie! Things are going okay. Like I said above, I just need to get the scale moving again. It’s strange, some days I really have my head in this and I know what I should do and the next day I totally lose direction. I’ve been at this, this time around, for 10 months and I’ve only lost 16 lbs. How discouraging is that? At least I’ve learned one thing, I’ve learned how to maintain so once I actually reach my goal I shouldn’t have a problem maintaining it. I decided that after vacation next week I’ll have no more excuses for not pushing myself harder. Maintaining isn’t going to be good enough anymore. I need to be happy with the way I look & right now I’m no where near that.

Nicole – its good to hear things are going well for you and your daughter. Like you said, things happen for a reason. I now when I had my DS almost 7 years ago the timing couldn’t have been more off, but after I lost my mom 2 1/2 years latter, I then realized the reason I had DS when I did. She so wanted to be a grandmother and I’m fortunate that she was there for me during my first pregnancy and the first 2 1/2 years of DS life. I couldn’t image not having her there or having my son miss out on know his grandmother. He doesn’t remember much about her, but some days he amazes me with things he does remember about her. I’m not saying my experience will relate to yours, I just wanted to reassure the fact that everything happens for a reason!

emmysmom
02-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Nicole - Somehow I missed the announcement of DD being pregnant. I'm sure it was a shocker, but what a blessing!!! Congratulations!!!

Michie - I really did want to throw up. But, like Cecilia, I had not worked out in a while and I also did it in the evening after supper. It was all just too much. I paused the video, did a couple laps around my basement (breathing very heavy) and kept thinking "just keep moving, just keep moving", but I ended up laying on the floor to get myself feeling ok again. I did finish it, though. And I haven't experienced that since, so I really think I just did it too close to eating. The videos are truly amazing though. DH has been doing the sculpting for the past week and he just can't believe that his muscles could get such an intense workout without using a machine.

Dan2112
02-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Hey gang...

Quiet in here today.. I wonder if we have some members falling off the wagon and are scared to own up? :lol:

Well, I upped my portions today and am faring better so far.. I had cereal for breakfast and turkey meatloaf for lunch, with fruit and a SB cereal bar inbetween...

Feels like I've eaten a lot today so of course, mentally, I'm afraid I've eaten too much.. I guess we'll see...

Hope you're all doing well...

bradleys mom
02-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Hiya again, my tickers have returned! yay!

I loved Brittney and Bernie until last night... Everytime I saw her face and the smirks and rude comments she was making I wanted to smack her!! I really feel bad for Paul, I could not believe he was drinking all that soda and eating those wings! I agree he really needed to stay!! Poor Kelly, I feel she will be next to go if she isnt the biggest loser to attain immunity next week. Paul kinda reminds me of that girl from the Red team last season, Amber. She did not lose a lot of weight by the finale. She really needed more time on campus, and I think Paul needed more time as well! I hope he surprises us at the finale!!

cecil
02-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Omg! Kimberly I totally agree I was getting so mad when she was being so rude and rolling her eyes what a snot. Ugh! I really think it was unfair. But then again Paul toally messed up when he was home and let down his team since he is the biggest he should have had high numbers.

okie in il
02-20-2008, 03:52 PM
Hey all! :wave: I haven't posted in a while, been lurking though. Haven't been so great lately. We had our DS 16th birthday party this weekend and we had pizza, cake, chips (typical teenage boy food). And yes, I ate some of all of it (just a tiny piece of cake). I counted the pizza as my CC & I didn't overindulge in it, but I had leftovers on Sunday too. :o Then Sunday afternoon, I either chipped a tooth or knocked out the filling eating something (gummy bears) I shouldn't have been. :o So needless to say, I didn't eat much else that evening because of the pain. My dentist wasn't able to get me in until Thursday so I'm still eating light (not getting all of my food in). I leave on my cruise this Saturday so I'm hoping they get me fixed up.

Dan - you're right, I fell off the wagon & didn't want to own up. :tantrum: I hope you get back on track by adding food back in.

Kimberly - I agree with you, I liked Bernie & Brittany until last night too. I think she was so rude during the voting.

Hi everyone else, Barbara, Cecilia, Katie, Amylou, Tina, Dawn, Paula, Nicole & sorry if I fogot anyway. Hope you all have an on plan afternoon & evening.

amylou7777
02-20-2008, 04:41 PM
wait, I had to fast forward to through the voting so I could go to bed.........what happened??

apple76
02-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Omigod, I missed the Biggest Looser last night! I went to a hockey game and Toronto Maple Leafs actually won! Can you tell me what happened??? Pleeeeeeeeeeease...........

cecil
02-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Um Basically Bernie and Brittney and Maggie all voted for Paul and Kelly obviously did not. She voted for Bernie. But Brittney was being really rude the whole time like rolling her eyes and making rude comments. She was mad I guess because Paul was wearing a yellow shirt instead of their black team chirt but it was because he felt like him and Kelly were outsiders since the decision was obviously made because Brittney, Maggie and Bernie are all friends and they didn't want to vote eachother off. But now Kelly will be next.

amylou7777
02-20-2008, 05:41 PM
Interesting.....the show gets so much better the closer they get to the end!

I don't have time at the moment to reply and say hi BUT I'm trying to do the blue plan now, since my losses were so slow on Red-

Barbara- can you post the exchanges for blue again? I have the serving size and menu guide from my Gold Plan book that was given to me but I want to make sure i have the appropriate number of exchanges for Blue.....anyone feel free to let me know-THANKS!

BarbaraB
02-20-2008, 06:10 PM
Amy,
it is 2 and 1/2 proteins, 3 starches, 3 fruits, I believe it is 3 veggies, 1 fat, 1 dairy and of course 2 bars if you do the bars. So you can have some starch and at least half a protein for each meal, which I like.

Dan, doesn't just a little bit of food make a huge difference in how much you feel that you are eating? You can always cut back down if you find your weight is trending back up.

The biggest loser they should have voted off Brittany, as she doesn't even really look all that overweight to me anymore. I think that is why she didn't lose a lot, as she is getting closer to her normal weight.

HI Becky, I hope they get your tooth fixed up before your cruise. I'm afraid if I knocked out a tooth, that I'd just use it as an excuse to eat off plan things. So not eating might be a better way to go on that.

Cecilia it sounds like the sushi was good. My DD loves sushi. As long as you are not having anything too salty, it is really fairly low fat and healthy though, so it is not a bad thing to like. Better than KFC or blizzards from DQ... both of which I remember fondly but have not had in a long, long time now.

cecil
02-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Yes Barabra Sushi was great! Although I can necver really tell if it is salty or not? I don't know how to count it? I had like 10 small rolls counted it as 2 st 1 1/2 pr and 2 fats? Does that sound right?
We still have one other gift cert too so we will have to go again. Hopefully BF will wait for at least a month I need to get on track I feel like my Weightloss weeks will be over before I know it I will be soo bummed if I haven't at least made it with 10 lbs of my goal.

equinetcan
02-20-2008, 06:45 PM
We are back to the wind chills here again too but not too bad so far. The sun is out and it isn't storming so I'll take it at this point.

On the east we don't get the "family" day yet. I was working. Maybe we will follow suit soon and have the holiday. I find it so long from new years to easter without a long weekend compared to the rest of the year when there is one about every 5 weeks or so.

I went to the gym again tonight. I actually remembered how to use all the machines and about 90% of the stretches. I only had to be reminded of 2 I believe. I can feel it to where I've gone from basically sit on your but all day long to this. legs are a little stiff from doing squats and my shoulders a bit but nothing I can't handle. Its a "good" pain. I even asked the owner tonight about buying a curves t-shirt as they had a poster on the wall and she has just bought the place and apparently inherited about 1000 t-shirts with the deal so she just gave me one. I thought that was nice of her cause I had offered to buy it at the start.

I unfortunately have to deal with drinking in my family too. My mom is a heavy drinker - has been as long as I can remember which is about back to age 4. I have tried everything to try and even just get her to cut back but no go so far. It has finally come to the point that I have distanced myself from her and only see her about every 2 weeks now as I just can't take it anymore. With everything else in the last year and a half that was just too much. I've told her she is making the choice to be away from me as I won't be around as long as she is drinking so heavy. Its hard but my health is more important as I wasn't sleeping and headaches were a daily occurrence. I didn't make the decision lightly and I discussed it with friends who are or were in similar positions with family members. Maybe somedday she will realize what she is missing out on. That is why I don't touch alcohol - too much family history there.

Well, I guess I should go get some dishes done and get the house ready for the dog to come tomorrow for her weekly 3.5 days.

Have a great night everyone!!!

bradleys mom
02-20-2008, 10:02 PM
LOL That was the quickest, most awesome description of a show that I have ever seen Cecilia!!!

Today was finished POP! YAY! Finally! DH and I went to the gym, and OMG I thought I was gonna die!!! We only did 45 minutes, lousy I know, but I was sooo tired! I havent sweated like that in a looong time!

I hope everyone had a great day!!

Did everyone remember the lunar eclipse tonight?? Its awesome!!!

bradleys mom
02-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Here is the full recap of the episode from a newsletter I get from Jillian...

"The Biggest Loser Recap: Homecoming
It was a real test for the contestants this week. They got to get away from the ranch — and from Bob and me — to return home to their families for a full week. Were they able to keep up the hard work and determination they'd shown so far? Here's how it played out:

They Knew What to Do: Everyone's families and friends were thrilled at what they'd accomplished in such a short time, but the players were definitely in for some personal battles back in their familiar settings. Temptation was everywhere: sweet rolls, cupcakes, drinks with friends, eating out... Each one of players had something to indulge in or look past. Paul was the only blatant rule-breaker, going for the all-you-can-eat chicken wings and having a soda in the hot tub. He didn't seem to care that it was all on the line back at the ranch! The rest of the players seemed pretty focused, working out and looking past their old eating habits.

Back in the Swing of Things: When the contestants got back on the ranch, it was time for everyone to fess up. Dan told Bob about the wine he splurged on, but the rest of the Blue Team didn't seem to overdo anything. As for my team, I had called all my teammates while they were home, but Paul had deliberately avoided answering my phone calls. (Knowing what he ate, I could see why!) It was time to get back to the contest, get my team back to eating right, and give them some HARD beatings back at the gym.

Duck or Jump: This week's challenge was all about endurance, with the players jumping and ducking over gigantic bars that rotated like jump ropes. Stepping off the mat or breaking the bar would mean elimination. My Black Team's Brittany, Maggie, and Bernie competed against the Blue Team's Dan, Jay, and Roger. My girl Brittany stayed strong, and persevered to be the last person standing! That meant the Black Team got to choose two members of the Blue Team to weigh in immediately after the challenge, 24 hours before the official weigh-in — giving them one less day to lose weight. They chose Dan and Roger to weigh in, but unfortunately the early deadline didn't prove to be a disadvantage. Dan still pulled an 11-pound loss, and Roger lost 16 pounds.

Weighing In for Real: At the official weigh-in, the Blue Team kept going with Dan and Roger's streak. The team didn't seem to miss a beat by going home. Instead, they lost a total of 56 pounds — a whopping 5.67 percent of their combined weight. My Black Team weighed in with very low numbers, taking off only 26 pounds as a team, and as a result we found ourselves below the yellow line.

In the elimination room, Paul decided he wasn't feeling the love from the team anymore, so opted out of his Black Team t-shirt, and wore his old Yellow Team t-shirt instead. In the end, the other teammates felt Paul should be the one to go. After returning home, Paul struggled with pneumonia, but now he's back on track. He's lost a total of 64 pounds since beginning on The Biggest Loser.

Be sure to tune in next week — the Blue Team takes a little trip, and let's just say what happens in Vegas doesn't exactly stay in Vegas... "

zambejaly5
02-21-2008, 09:41 AM
I was not sorry to see Paul go. He drove me nuts. The man was a wakko... that one episode where it was all of them against the two .... and he put on that oriental outfit and was doing all the kung fu stuff .... or what ever he was doing. Then to go home and eat and drink like he did. I was surprised he didn't gain that week. And frankly..... I am tired of looking at his one Boob...... each week the left boob got smaller and the right boob just stayed there...... When the show first started I thought, ahhh wouldn't it be nice if this brought them back together. then they finally revealed that they both already had someone waiting for them at home and now I just think she is fortunate to be done with the guy.

ok enough ranting..... have a great day... we are having a "snow" day...... there was a little ice at about 6 am and now nothing. That is Arkansas for ya! You are getting hit though Nicole, aren't ya!

Debbie24
02-21-2008, 09:48 AM
Morning everyone!

Darn it i missed the lunar eclipse lastnight.

TBL - I agree that Brittney was being really nasty at elimination but Paul did it to himself, i would have voted him off too especailly if i knew what he ate. Can you believe how he was going to town on those wings? I dont think he's one that would be keeping the weight off. I cant wait to see him at the finale. I honestly dont care for the black team. TBL does get better each week, i'm just so mad that its the same time as american idol.

My 2yr old is gabbing me telling me he wants "birthday cake" (sorry nicole). I tell him no and he asked me "too early?". LOL I always tell them "its too early" when they ask for junk in the morning so he knows now.

Hope everyone has a POP day.

Dan2112
02-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Morning ladies.. (Did Jason fall off the wagon again??)

Missed the eclipse last night due to cloud cover, dang it..

My whole day just got messed up.. I'm supposed to meet with a photographer from the ABQ ABC affiliate to shoot a story about some restoration work we're doing along the Rio Grande.. A focus in the story is on our inmate work crews, who are are wildland firefighter certified and professionally trained to do forest restoration work.. Well, of course, some inmates at the facility our guys are kept at decided this morning would be a good time to cause some fuss and now the place is on lockdown, which means my guys can't leave to go to the job site.. Which means my story has to be shelved...

All that said, I still have to go down to that same prison facility and pick up tree seedings our inmates tend to before they (the trees) are packed and shipped to people who purchase them through our seeding program..

All this messes me up because I had to leave the house early today because of snowy conditions and didn't get a chance to make my lunch...

Confused yet? Me too... :lol:

chiquita623
02-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Good Morning Fellow Losers!!! Just a quick flyby to let you all know that DD had her baby yesterday. His name is Andrew Carter and weighed 10 pounds, 14 ounces and is 24 inches long. He has red wavy/curly hair and is a little doll!!! Of course, that's grandma talking.

I've got to catch up on work since I've been gone most of the week and will only be here today so I'll try to get back on here later. If not, have a good weekend everyone and I'll catch up with you all on Sunday.

starofsorrow
02-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Wow, congrats to your daughter, chiquita!!

Not too much happening today so far. I woke up with a headache (I've been having a headache since I started Takeoff, what the heck?), but I'm glad to be off the Takeoff plan and on to figuring out how to balance out my food!

It looks like it'll be a boring day at work....I really don't do much other than sit on my bum all day and fitz around the computers. Ah, the wonders of being a college student, eh?

To be honest, I AM somewhat dreading tomorrow....I have to go see an optimetriest to get a new prescription for contact lens and glasses, and then to the ob gyn for results of the biopsies and get my depo shot (FINALLY!!!). Wheee?

ferrarimomof2
02-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Hi all,

Just a quick drop in to say Hi. I am busy today getting things together for my hubby's trip. I will try to check in later.

amylou7777
02-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Hi friends, like Dionne I only have time for a quick hello as I'm running late for work...

but I wanted to thank you , Barbara for the plan info. I know I've asked like 10 times but I hadn't written it down! Today is day 2 of the new plan- I love it! Doesn't feel too different, just have to get used to the new protein portions! Thanks!

Laurie- CONGRATS! Wow- what a big boy!! And red hair already! How sweet. BTW-LOVE the name choice, very strong sounding name. I love the name Andrew! Hope you get to spend lots of time with him!

Hi to all my other losers and friends! Hopefully I'll be back later this afternoon! My mom is coming in for a visit.....I told her I'm staying POP!!!

Let's get through this weekend with our heads high!

Repo girl
02-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone!

Laurie- Congrats on the baby. He sounds darling!

Amy- Have fun with your mom!

Star- My head always hurts with take off. I am severely insulin resistant, and my Dr said no more take off. Not good on the blood sugars.

Dan- The eclipse was pretty cool. It was neat that it happened in the evening so that we were awake for it.

Kimberly- Great job!!

Mama Nicole
02-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Laurie.....congrats on baby Andrew's arrival!!! My youngest DS is Andrew......and we had planned on calling him Drew, but Andrew has stuck, and I LOVE it. He is Andrew James, James after my dad :) He was a big baby too, weighing in at 9 lbs, 15 oz. How is your DD feeling? I bet she is glad to have gotten that big boy out :)

Yes, Lettie.....we too are having a snow day. Our schools didn't close right away.....and as a matter of fact, I ended up going to pick 12 yo DD up before they closed. THere was quite a stir on Fox this a.m, cuz my school district was like the only one in the metro St. Louis area that did not close. We get all that nasty sleet, freezing rain, and ice. I used to think St. Louis people were whimps, cuz I was so used to lots of snow and bitter cold, but now I know what ice is all about. It is ssoooo dangerous. DD's school is only about 3 miles away, and my windsheild iced up about half way there, and I seriously could not clear it. The roads are just a mess. And, it is super deceiving, cuz they look just fine, but they have a glazing of ice. Bad, bad, bad. They finally did cancel school, but there was a major bus issue.....so I am really glad I picked up DD. Last time we had an ice storm, a power line fell right in front of her bus (this was a few weeks ago), and I just decided to be overly protective this time :)

Tina......yeah, I am going to be a Grandma......and now that thigs have settled.....I am thrilled :) DH is still working up to getting excited.....but he is standing by DD like the knight that he is.......so all is well here on the home front :) I am so glad you are back......I have missed you :hug:

Katie........I hope you are feeling better. TO sucks anyway......:lol:

Hi to everyone else.......I have been so bad about personals.......but I tell ya.......my house is really shining :) I hate that I dont' have enough time to do both to the extent that I want to..........

Ok.........I am back to work now. I'll check back a bit later :)
Have a good one everyone :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
02-21-2008, 12:39 PM
Ok, Katie....sorry, I am a total dork......I only skimmed and didn't realize that you hadn't done TO. So, instead, how about if I just stick with, "hi Katie :)" :lol:

cecil
02-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Katie the speaking engagement sounds awesome! I always think that helaing crystal stuff is sooo interesting! I am sure you will do great! When you are passionate about something it shows!

Mama Nicole
02-21-2008, 12:43 PM
wow.......Cecilia.....you are halfway to goal!!! WTG!!!!
XOXO

cecil
02-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Thanks for noticing Nicole! I appreciate it! I was pretty excited too!

Repo girl
02-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Hi Nicole!

Cecilia- Great job! I am excited about the speaking thing too. I am ordering some new crystals on ebay today, which is always exciting!

JLem311
02-21-2008, 02:27 PM
hey everyone. not much going on with me. just taking each day as it comes and surviving!
i've been getting my workouts in pretty much every other day. so that's good..been pretty bored anyways..so it's a good time filler.
i have tomorrow, sat and sunday off. going to get my highlights touched up tomorrow and then going shopping on sat to find a few new shirts/jeans for my trip to NC next week. can't wait to get back there and see all my friends that i moved away from. and me and one of my bff's are going to a concert in VA that was postponed from november..so i'm excited about that too.
lots of good things coming up for me. which is nice for a change.

oh and i got some not so good news from my mom about my dad..he has pneumonia (sp) and isn't doing well. he wasn't hospitilized, but probably should've been. and my mom said that he's lost about 30lbs without even trying so the docs are going to do a full body MRI on him when he's feeling a bit better (they think it may be cancer..not sure though) but please pray for him to get better and for there to be some other explaination for his WL other than cancer. he's such been such a workaholic all his life and really needs to slow down a bit. it was shock that my mom told me all this yesterday..so i'm kinda freaking out. and i have no DH here to talk to. :(

ok..gonna go shower and then it'll be almost time to pick up the kids.

Jrny2aNewMe
02-21-2008, 03:18 PM
Hi everybody!

Jillian - My prayers are certainly with your dad. Hugs!

Alannah - Have you been watching the Scotties Tournament of Hearts at all?

Ceclia - Congratulations!

Repo girl
02-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Oh Alannah, so sorry to hear that your dad is under the weather. I will keep your family in my thoughts!

lizababe
02-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Hi Everyone!

Well, I took the splint off because it was driving me crazy and I don't think it was really helping me heal at this point. Finger is still swollen but the cut looks much better. I can type again but I'm still kinda limping around that one finger on that one hand and not using it to hit the keys.

I'm going to COD in a little bit for WI. I don't expect it to be as great as Monday's 3.4lb loss but I think it'll be pretty good. I've really been working that pedometer! It's hard to tell on my own sclae if I've had any losses because it tweaks out on me all of the time. Probably doesn't help that my cat is more obsessed with it than I am and everytime I turn around he's sitting on it. According to the sclae he weighs 17.4 lbs today.

Katie - Did you do your presentation about the crystals yet? If not good luck.. if so then good job!

Jillian and Alannah I'm sorry to hear about your Dads. I'll keep them in my good thoughts.

Hi Nicole, Joni, Val, Michie, Cecilia (woo hoo on 1/2 there!) Amy, Barbara, Val, Kim, Kimberly, Debbie(s), Lettie, Laurie, Dionne, and Tina

Dan - I hope your day got less confusing.

For the past year or so I've been going more and more organic with our food at home. The recent beef recall and video of that cattle ranch here in California has bothered me so much this week. I've seen those "ranches" Where the poor things are shoulder to shoulder within the fences for miles. I grew up in the country and know what a ranch should look like. It kills me to think that those poor cows were tortured like that just to feed my fat belly. I can't remember the last time I ate red meat anyway, but I know the same goes for other animals that end up on our plates. I'm thinking of going vegetarian. I did it once before but then got pregnant with my daughter and suddenly wanted steak. In the meantime I'm only buying meat from organic or grass feeding sources. They say we are what we eat... so I guess I'd rather be a happy animal that roamed free pastures than the alternative.

Ok, off my soap box and to the COD!

zambejaly5
02-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Yes, Lettie.....we too are having a snow day. Our schools didn't close right away.....and as a matter of fact, I ended up going to pick 12 yo DD up before they closed. THere was quite a stir on Fox this a.m, cuz my school district was like the only one in the metro St. Louis area that did not close. We get all that nasty sleet, freezing rain, and ice. I used to think St. Louis people were whimps, cuz I was so used to lots of snow and bitter cold, but now I know what ice is all about. It is ssoooo dangerous. DD's school is only about 3 miles away, and my windsheild iced up about half way there, and I seriously could not clear it. The roads are just a mess. And, it is super deceiving, cuz they look just fine, but they have a glazing of ice. Bad, bad, bad. They finally did cancel school, but there was a major bus issue.....so I am really glad I picked up DD. Last time we had an ice storm, a power line fell right in front of her bus (this was a few weeks ago), and I just decided to be overly protective this time :)

well our ice storm lasted about 25 min. just enough for them to call off school. but then I checked and our district was the only one that called off! all the districts around us in the county were open today. there were little schools called off, like private preschools and charter schools. basically schools without bus service.... but other than that it was just us. But we had a nice day. it started with my two youngest DDs fighting over the one jar of playdough. so we made two more batches. they spent hours with that stuff. they made a playdough person. and proceeded to operate on it. they did a tummy tuck, a breast enhancement, heart transplant, removed worms, and did a skin graft for something.... can you tell what kind of shows I like to watch! LOL!!

so Nicole, how are they handling the baby news on the daddy side? is the boyfriend going to be envolved? are his parents envolved? I am glad you guys are handling it so well. I wish I could pop over when that baby gets here and kiss it............ ahhhhh I love babies!

equinetcan
02-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Hi guys,

I think some may have misunderstood my earlier post - my dad actually past away 2 years ago this march 22. In the write up I was referring to 6 months before that when he was in the hospital. Sorry for the confusion!! But thank you for the thoughts.

Val - no I haven't been watching the scotties. Actually I forgot it was on and I also don't watch a whole lot of the women's curling. I would rather watch the men's any day as they tend to keep a lot more rocks in play and not spend every end just clearing rocks. makes for interesting watching to see who can and can't make the really hard come arounds and such. But that's just me.

Today was a pretty good day. had to go to the Dr and get my quarterly needle and get some scripts refilled. Also got to see the results from my bloodwork I had in january. Sugars have come down as they were on the high side of the range. Cholesterol and LDL are on the border of the upper limit but she isn't worried. Some of that is genetics unfortunately but she knows I am losing weight and going to the gym so she thinks they will come down a bit. As long as they don't go any higher I am ok.

Must go find something to make for supper...I'll check in later...Hope everyone had a great day!!!

Tuesday Cool
02-22-2008, 09:30 AM
Hello to all my loser friends. I am back from 5 days in Vegas for Western Veterinary Conference. I learned so much new information my head is going to explode. Mostly I learned that in Vegas coffee costs a minimum of $3, a small bowl of fruit $9, and most other items $11. It now costs $11 for a vodka tonic at the casino bar. Just trying to eat broke the bank. Fortunately my friend and I split most meals so we saved on $ and calories.
I was too scared to weigh in this morning so I am waiting threw the weekend to see if I can drop some of this swollen feeling. My ring is tight, my feet swollen and in general I feel cruddy. HLW is in my future.
My only WL goal this month is to not gain but this week could not have gone well for the scale. I did try but had too many starches, too little veggies and a wee bit of liquid fruit.
Ah, well tomorrow is another day.

Repo girl
02-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Hey Tuesday, glad to have you back!

Repo girl
02-22-2008, 10:00 AM
Oh Alannah, so sorry to hear that your dad is under the weather. I will keep your family in my thoughts!

Oh, I can't believe I did that. I meant Jillan, not Alannah. Sorry Alannah, how rude of me......

Mama Nicole
02-22-2008, 10:26 AM
:lol: Katie.......you crack me up!!!

So, one time I tried WW, and I am seriously considering trying that again. I am so lost..........so naughty.......and I just don't know what I want to do. I love LAWL, and I think it is a great program......but right now I am just having such a hard time sticking with it. What do you girls think?

Jillian........I will be thinking of you today.......I do quite often :)

Ok, I sooo have to shower and get presentable today. I may take my kids to the movies, as we have ANOTHER snow day, and I have never taken them all to the movies :) DH always gets to do that fun kind of stuff when I am away or something.

Have a great day everyone :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
02-22-2008, 10:29 AM
Oh, and Lettie...........DD's BF is a nice boy, I guess, but a total sally when it comes to facing anything. He has not yet told his parents. They are looney, and I feel for him.....but it is way past time for him to man up, you know. DH and I are baffled as to what to do about that. DH had a man to man with him several months ago......but I think he just kissed DH's ***......you know :) More on that later :)
XOXO

Repo girl
02-22-2008, 10:50 AM
Nicole- Holy cow, he has not even told them? Is he just afraid that they will freak out? Also, have you seen Juno yet? I think that it would be even funnier to you, based on the current situation. I don't know what to do either. I am totally blowing LAWL. I just cannot get my head in the game and keep it there.

BarbaraB
02-22-2008, 04:03 PM
Quiet in here today!

Hope you are all having a great friday.

The painting in my house is done and I love, love, love it!

Put a deposit on the carpet and bought the travertine, so tomorrow I will get out any aggressions that I have on the fake marble green tile on my bathroom floor. Not a whole lot of it, and it I think I can pretty much do it myself. We'll see... I don't know how hard it will be pry or otherwise chisel the stuff out of there... I suppose tomorrow I will find out. It is only about 32 square feet of tile, so even if it is difficult, I think I can do it. My DH is going to a model railroad swap meet (I managed to not end up having to tag along since that is not exactly fun for me), so I get to demo all by my lonesome.

Nicole, if you are having trouble following LAWL, I don't know if a new plan is your answer, as much as figuring out why you are not sticking to it. If it is because you are hungry or because you don't feel well on the plan, then look for a new plan, but if it is because you keep finding yourself eating stuff you shouldn't... well then perhaps you need to look at your motivation to lose weight and work on that. I do know for myself that waxes and wanes, and the difference between this time when I actually successfully lost the weight and previous attempts when I lost a little bit and then gained it back, has been a real focus on why I wanted to do it. If you want it bad enough, you will make it happen on any plan that is reasonable for you. I think that is why the counseling sessions helped me, as they helped me focus on why I wanted to do it. One of the best counselors I had asked me more than once, how bad do you want it? Do you want it bad enough to give up chocolate chip cookies? If the answer is no, then you are likely not going to do well on any plan, but if the answer is yes, well it is clear what you have to do. You just have to decide for yourself what the answer is and make the appropriate choices. so next time you see that cookie or cake or lovely bottle of wine (Lent is lasting for forever by the way!) you just have to say, how bad do I want it... Anyway, it helped me a lot to think of it that way.

Workinit
02-22-2008, 04:17 PM
BarbaraB.....that's the best advise I've ever heard. Thank YOU!
JPS

green0923
02-22-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi, gang! Man, I have to go back and ready like 8 pages! I'll try to do better next week!

I will go back and ready and try to post personals later.

In the meantime, I'm doing great as far as staying on plan. When I went in on Wednesday to WI, they really started pressuring me about eating all of my portions, and tried to explain to me how to get them in. I explained back that I COULD eat them all if I wanted, but I was struggling with how eating an extra 600 calories/day will help me lose the weight -- when I'm already eating about 1700/1800. I think that is VERY healthy to start from -- no need to eat more than that as long as I stay OP and balanced. We went back and forth and finally they agreed to move me to plan 4. Hopefully that will help all of us.

I've been going up and down. I can't figure it out. I'm assuming I'm still balancing out from the 9 bs in week 1. But it's frustrating because I have been creeping up since then. Grrr. I do feel that I am losing inches at least. WOn't remeasure for a couple weeks, but I am exercising, and can definitely tell a little bit in the clothes (not much, but a little).

More later when I post personals!

pjbeau
02-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Hey to all my buddies!

Cecelia - love your new avatar! Very cute couple.

Nicole - hang in there girlie...you can do it.

It's been raining here for two days...streets are flooded...schools were closed today...I don't remember the last time we had this kind of downpour. Anyways, yeah it's Friday. I did pretty well this week, though so far I haven't seen a big loss like I did last week. Maybe by the end of the weekend. KMart challenge weigh-in tomorrow and I already know I met goal...woohoo.

Everyone have great weekend!!

michie
02-23-2008, 12:45 PM
It's funny... weekends are when I have time to post and catch up, and no one is ever around! Oh well! I am very happy that you all have something to do and aren't sitting at home doing math like me! :-( I have been doing pretty good on the exercise over the past few days and I am doing TO today and tomorrow so hopefully that will help me refocus myself and stay OP. I have been getting bored lately and wanting those bad bad bad foods. So again, hopefully a TO will do the trick.

Tues- Did you get to do anything other than learn in Vegas? Catch any shows or anything???

Cecilia- Cute avatar! I think I'll change mine now too...

Nicole- I don't think it can be nearly as hard for your DD's Bf to tell his 'rents as it was for her to tell you. Of course, if I got pregnant tomorrow my DBF would wait until I was in labor to tell his parents! Good luck with that! :hug:

Okey dokey.... back to my stinking math homework and exam. Have a POP weekend all and do something fun! Later!

GrandmaCindy
02-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Where's everybody been lately?

Let's get our motivation readjusted and , get back to basics, and strike up the band ... the POP star band.

Nicole and Katie -You are always so motivating, as Barbara suggested, let's are reexamine our desires to be healthy and thin, and start fresh this week like it was New Year's again.

I am having a little tough time with wanting to snack, and have some baaad things like Michie mentioned, so let's all help motivate each other.

Paula - Hope you had good luck (really not luck, good "pay off" efforts) at KMart Challenge.

Here's to a good rest of the weekend!

Cindy

Tuesday Cool
02-24-2008, 09:21 AM
It is rainy, windy and stormy here this morning and I just do not want to start my day.
I spent a week off plan and am having trouble getting back OP. I keep forgetting to write things down and have forgotten to pack my lunch 2 days running so I ate poorly.
Today I am working another Spay Day (for dogs this time). The day is going to be long and include plenty of junk food. I might just call today a wash and start over tomorrow.
Hope you all are doing great. I will check in after I finish spaying the world.

whatazoo
02-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Where is everyone - Joni, Felecia, Lynn - just a few that I haven't seen in some time!

I don't know if it is the weather (very nice - 50's here in MT), being close to goal, or what lately, but I have been completely POOP! I just am not satisfied with food, and I keep munching even when I am not hungry. This has just been in the last couple days (hmm, since Thurs night) and I don't know how to stop! So, I will call the COD tomorrow - go on hold (I don't want to be way up for my last wl week!) LOL Try to get my head back in the game. Try is the operative word. My uncle is coming to visit my grandparents before moving to Poland, so there will probably be starchy meals in my future...

Everyone have a good weekend - what's left of it anyway.