100 lb. Club - Sweat Until Our Clothes Slide Off !!!

mezmerize
02-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Welcome back and if your new your also very welcome! This is a tread I started so I would move my bum. (I HATE working out) It doesn't matter what or how long you choose to move. You did it and maybe you'll learn to love it. That is my goal. So the weeks theme is " Sweat Until Our Clothes Slide Off!!"

fiberlover
02-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Today I did some lower body sculpting and a 1 mile WATP.

mezmerize
02-17-2008, 10:14 PM
fiberlover - You know you really inspire me. WTG with your workouts!

The weather outside is/was horrible snowy, wind YUCK! I just wanted to set at home and watch my chick flicks and skip today. Well I decided to make my workout shopping. I had a few things I needed to pickup. So I put on my pedometer and we went home after I hit 2 miles.

fiberlover
02-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Thanks Mezster - I really decided that I had to do workouts everyday. I treat it like brushing my teeth, just needs to be done. And truthfully, after months it is such a habit that it feels funny if I don't do something every day.

mezmerize
02-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Fiber - Wow I hope that I will feel that way someday.

shelby897
02-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Hi!!

I decided today to wear the pedometer (sp??) and track myself -- I heard somewhere you should do 10,000 steps a day -- so my deal is that whatever I'm short each night, I have to make up on the treadmill. So, it took me 37 minutes to get myself where I should be -- I hope to get more walking in every day and up my steps!!

Jen415
02-18-2008, 11:41 AM
Shelby,what a great idea! :)

mezmerize
02-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Nodding head agreeing with J415! Hey like they say if you want it bad enough you'll do it if not you'll make an excuse. WTG Shelby!!

famograham
02-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Just have to say it......Jen...that picture is GORGEOUS!!!!

There...I've been waiting DAYS to say it!

Sorry for the thread hijack!

:hug:
Linda

fiberlover
02-18-2008, 04:19 PM
I have 3 days of tougher workouts to do. Today was Hard core Fusion. It's getting easier, at least I know which moves are coming up next now so I don't look like an idiot (too much anyway :) )

luckyducky
02-18-2008, 08:57 PM
I am here to say that today I sweated until my clothes almost fell off!!! I did the WATP 3 mile express. This is the first time in months I have been able to do a full workout!( Sore foot, then sore back). I was so whipped!! But, it felt wonderful!!!!

fiberlover
02-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Way to go Luckyducky!! :woohoo:

better health3
02-18-2008, 10:38 PM
My 3 other team members were MIA. I didn't want to, but I made it in. I did weight training and abs. It was a good night, a snow storm started upon leaving. Woo Hoo, I can get my sticker for the day!!!!

Does anyone look at the fat on their abs and wonder when it will burn off while completing cardio? Calories in-calories out. I can't wait to see how(in 7 weeks) how much I have lost in my hips. I am so huge...it is an annoyance. I want the fat rolls off, for good.

mezmerize
02-19-2008, 10:27 AM
famograham - Jump in anytime we all love positive comments!!:hug:

fiberlover - Sounds like your going to feel so good burns this week. :lifter:(think I'll hang on to the back of your shirt to drag me along)

luckyducky -:carrot: you get the nakkiee carrot dance for that!!! Congrats on finishing!

better health3 - WTG on the weight training and abs.:belly: I look at my tummy all the time! Have you taken pictures so you can see your progress?

As for me TOM and feel yucky. I pushed myself off the couch and did 2 mile WATPs. Today I'm going to add abs workout. You guys are really inspiring me to move! Thanks so very much!!!

Jen415
02-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Just have to say it......Jen...that picture is GORGEOUS!!!!

There...I've been waiting DAYS to say it!

Sorry for the thread hijack!

:hug:
Linda

Thanks Linda! My girlfriends and I did it a la "How to Look Good Naked". All we needed was Carson Kressley to be there!

BAck to the topic: I am walking for 30 minutes at lunch. I am all ready with my shoes and my MP3 player! No excuses this time!!

NESunshine
02-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Woo. Can I join in here :)

Alright last night I did 60 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes of weight training on my arms.

This morning I did 30 minutes of yoga and this evening I have planned 60 minutes on the elliptical, 20 on the stairmill (which is about all my poor soul can do on that thing!) and I'm also doing abs.
It's a super motivational day...I've aimed pretty high...but Tuesday is really the only day I watch a lot of TV (biggest loser etc) so I try to work out during the whole thing.
wish me luck!

fiberlover
02-19-2008, 03:18 PM
NEsunshine - jeez louise! That's a lot of exercise! :carrot:

Today I did Cardio Overdrive (The Firm). 45 minutes long - and I wouldn't want it to be 1 second longer. Whew.....
I'll be taking measurements again at the end of the week. That will be 1 month on the Firm workouts.

NESunshine
02-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Ya, I'm weekday heavy...
Weekday mornings my wakeup yoga (it's very light, only 1/2 hour) then the gym every night, 1 hour of cardio and then alternate 2 days arms, 2 days legs, one day abs. I've felt the need to up my exercise and really put myself in boot camp for a while now... at least until I bust through the 200s. I've had a SUPER lazy winter. It's roughly about 2 hours a day I'm exercising. If I have a day where my body is not feeling it I'll change it up and do a lighter workout.

The weekends I take it easier....it's the only time I see my man since we live a bit of a distance from each other and I don't want to spend that time at the gym while he sits and watches tv. We do a lot of walking and lighter activity on the weekends...come the nicer weather that will spread to hiking etc.
The idea too is once i kill a bit of my credit card balance upgrade my gym membership. My gym just opened a location next to my office so if i upgrade i can use both of them and have unlimited guest privileges at no extra cost so the man and I can both work out together when we want and I can spread it out a bit more.

PaulaM
02-19-2008, 11:07 PM
I've been walking about 40 minutes every day for the last three months and I feel so much better, it's amazing. The uphill stuff is still hard for me but I don't have to stop any more. I have loaded my Ipod up with all energizing music and that is helping a lot. Plus I have been using my hand weights every other day religiously.

Back in the day I used to go to the gym every single day. When I got away from that I really packed on the weight. I'm hoping this is a way to make the weight loss easier. I don't want to be one of those old ladies that has to struggle to get out of a chair.

mezmerize
02-20-2008, 01:01 AM
Jen415 - I hope you had a great walk.

NESunshine & PaulaM :welcome3:

NESunshine - Everyone is welcome. Holy Smokes girl your workouts are awesome! I can only dream of me hitting a super motivational day like that! sounds like you have some nice plans. Your name looks familiar have we chatted before?

fiberlover - Hey if you feel comfortable would you mind sharing your measurement progress? You don't have to go into detail. (if you want that is also fine) Just if lost a inch here and there. That Cardio Overdrive sounds like something else. I don't think I'll be ready for that for awhile.

PaulaM - WTG on the walking! I have to play my own music when I workout. I have song that will keep me going after I feel I can't. I'm hoping to use my had weights in another month or so...I hurt my shoulder over 9 months ago and it's still not 100%

As for me well I screamed, pushed then shoved myself off the couch. Put in my WATP DVD and did 2 miles. After all was said and done I felt great! My cramps weren't as bad. Plus I felt good about myself which is rare when TOM is here. Reading each of your post really got me moving! Once again thanks guys! You all work so hard I'm very proud of each of you!!!:bravo:

fiberlover
02-20-2008, 10:21 AM
fiberlover - Hey if you feel comfortable would you mind sharing your measurement progress? You don't have to go into detail. (if you want that is also fine) Just if lost a inch here and there. That Cardio Overdrive sounds like something else. I don't think I'll be ready for that for awhile.

No problem. I will post at the end of the week once I take them.

Jen415
02-20-2008, 10:28 AM
Mezzy: my walk was great! It was a beutiful sunny Florida day! And I am prepared to do it again today!

I'm on a roll, people!!

NESunshine
02-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Happy Wednesday all.
Mez: it's possible, I've been here for quite some time now.

SO....last night I warmed up with 10 minutes on the stairmill then did about 70 minutes on the elliptical (I watch biggest loser obsessively and there are no tvs on the stairmills...then i got sucked in and just stayed on until a commercial so i could drive home hahaha)
I did some abs at home.

After all of that I successfully slept through my alarm this morning for 2 hours so I didn't do my morning yoga...My body is definitely feeling the workouts as I try to get back into it. Hey..I'll take anything that gets me to sleep...exercise is a great fix for chronic insomnia :)

Tonight it will be 1 hour of cardio at the gym, half probably on the cybex machine and the other half treadmill followed by 30 minutes of weights on legs.

Then, thankfully, bed!

fiberlover
02-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Hi all. Did 30 minutes of walking today, the the Express version of Hard Core Fusion (35 minutes). Decided on the shorter workout since I walked already.
Great job at moving everyone!!!!

Botzz
02-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Hello everyone! I consider myself new to this forum still (about 2 months) and saw the title on this thread and had to chime in. since starting I have lost 21 lbs that are tracked because I finally got a scale on the 22nd of Jan that would support me and I weighed in at 512 lbs at that point but that was 22 days into my change. I have lost an average of 1lb per day since getting the scale so i would assume thats been the case the entire time (I will never know what my actual start weight was) BUT and heres the good part (and why the title caught my eye) I am down 2 pants sizes and 1 shirt size in 50 days of a low calorie more movement lifestyle change. I am Ecstatic about that!

I like that idea shelby897 of adding the steps at the end of the day. I drink a massive amount of fluid since starting this (Green tea, water and CL) so I am in the bathroom a lot more than usual lol so what I have been doing just to get that little bit more movement in is I use the upstairs bathroom instead of the one downstairs 10 feet away :) and if I am upstairs I use the one down stairs. that adds up to a lot of walking up and down! and I don't get winded going up stairs any more either. anyways I just thought I would share because of the title. great job from all and I enjoy reading your stories.

As Ever
Me

mezmerize
02-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Fiberlover - Would you suggest Hard Core Fusion for someone with bad knees? Do you think it would be possible for me to like tweak so Iím able to do it?
Jen415 Ė I miss the sun the weather here has been terrible.
NESunshine Ė I own an elliptical but Iím not even able to stay on 15 minute! WTG
Botzz Ė Love the Avatar and Welcome! Congrats on the 21lbs loss and Sweating Until Your Clothes Slide Off!!! Wow 1lbs a day!! I bet itís great to see that scale jump down. WTG on the drop in sizes! When I 1st started drinking lots of water I noticed I spent lots of time in the bathroom also. Now I donít notice it so much Iím not sure if my body is use to it or Iím going less. You know sometimes people get overwhelmed thinking of all they must do to lose weight. (Iím also guilty of this) But as you have noticed with you taking the stairs little things add up. Iím not what else you do as far as moving but if someone wants a start that is a great plan. Some people can come into this and workout to no end. Some need to baby step it along. (me) But you know it all matters and you just keep going. In the end weíll all be a lot more healthy. I guess what Iím trying to get at is for all those that donít think they can do it you really can just start slow and NEVER GIVE UP!! Thanks for your post Botzz . I read your blog Iíve never had pickled eggs I do love beets. I may have to give that recipe a try.

Ok I wasnít the best yesterday. My husbandís work was canceled because of the cold weather. So he stayed home so I didnít wake at 5 a.m. which put me behind, before I knew it the grandkids were here. It also happen to be my long day baby sitting. Geez I just couldnít get anything done TOM had me down. Hearing my husband snack next to me was making me nuts. I over ate by 7 points. Just an all around busy, cr*py day! UGH!! Today is a new day and Iím going to fix the mess I made yesterday. So my plan is to workout hardcore! Eat light today and forgive myself!
Everyone is doing wonderful this such a wonderful group!

fiberlover
02-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Mez - not so sure about the Firm if you have bad knees. There are a lot of squats. Mine aren't great (chondromalacia), but with the weight loss I have had - things are much, much better on the knees. You could get great results with pilates, though. That isn't really cardio, but you will lose inches and firm up the tummy and hips/thighs.

mezmerize
02-21-2008, 09:49 AM
Fiberlover - Thanks for the speedy responds. I was just going to look on ebay for them. I think it's best I wait until I get more weight off. I'm sure that really adds to my bad knees. I have a pilates dvd I'll have to give that a try.

NESunshine
02-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Wow I'm tired. These workouts are making one tired girl out of me! I figure it's totally worth in and in a couple of weeks when my body re-adjusts to the amount of exercise I'm doing I won't be as exhausted all the time. It will get better.
I hit the gym last night but I was late (my trains home have been delayed pretty much every day for about 8 weeks) so I just did an hour on the elliptical...by the time I got home it was almost 10. I hit the hay as soon as I could and this morning again it was like pulling teeth to get up. I'm not quitting though...just a couple of weeks and it will all settle out.

Mezz...15 minutes is great! Some machines I find easier than others...I could stay on the elliptical forever...but the stairmill 15-20 minutes I'm ready to fall off and have someone call 911....some others I'm lucky if I can make it 10. I also own an elliptical and I've noticed a difference between my compact one I own and the one at the gym...I can stay on at the gym much longer than the one at home cause it is a better quality machine and runs a lot smoother. I bottom out on the one at home at about 30 minutes.

Jen... I'm jealous of your weather...It's still too cold here in New England to go outside walking etc. and they are saying more snow this weekend. I'm itching for spring!

Fiberlover... what is this hardcore fusion thing you all are talking about? do share.

Botzz....welcome to the crew!!!!!

Alright, my exercise has been on but I've been over on calories every day this week (I'm a counter). It is hard trying to get back into everything for real. Today's goal is to stay within my calorie range, no extra snacking, no junk, no chocolate etc. Today's workout will be at home on my elliptical and some lifting since I have to go to the grocery store after work.

Wow, I'm so glad it's the end of the week!:D

fiberlover
02-21-2008, 11:02 AM
NEsunshine - I am doing the Firm Transfirmation workouts (http://www.firmdirect.com). Got them a month ago (as seen on tv!!! LOL ). They are synergy workouts which combine cardio and strength training. I like that, since just cardio isn't doing it for me anymore.

mezmerize
02-21-2008, 03:48 PM
NESunshine

mezmerize
02-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Geez I don't know why sometimes all I write doesn't print here I go again.

NESunshine Ė The 15 minutes Iím on is at the easy sitting. Plus I rest. LOL can I still count that as 15 minutes since I donít get off the machine?? Are you calorie counting?

As for me. Hitting it hard core is the Walk Slim 4 mile fast walk by Leslie Samsone when I finished the DVD my face was beet red and I was so sweatyÖ aww a wonderful workout! Wish I could bottle this feeling for other days.

fiberlover
02-21-2008, 04:38 PM
Did WATP 3mile walk today.

NESunshine
02-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Morning :)
Yes I'm a calorie counter. out of everything I've tried counting is the only thing that has ever worked.
Keep going, as you use the machine more you will build up to longer times. I started very small doing 10-15 minutes and then trying to add on a little more each week or so.

As for last night...well my train was delayed so by the time I got out of the city to the bank and the grocery store it was after 10 when I got home. At that point the gym was closed and I just didn't have it in me to hop on the elliptical at home. I never would have been able to get to sleep. It's a half day for me here (woohoo...too bad I have to go to the dentist) and it's snowing...again....so I'm going to hit the dentist then the gym snow storm or no snow storm. The man and me have made the executive decision to cook at home tonight. We've been eating out a lot the past couple of weekends and we've both been busting it too hard at the gym all week to go blow it at a restaurant. I picked up some chicken breasts and asparagus etc. so we'll make it nice and healthy at home.

TGIF!!! I hope the snow isn't too awful, either way i'm going to spend a couple of hours at the gym while the man makes the hour + drive. As a cranky New Englander who is sick of the winter I'm at the point where when it snows I just deny it, pretend it isn't there, not shovel it and wait for the spring to come and melt it!

Jen415
02-22-2008, 11:39 AM
3 Days in a row of activity! GO ME!! :)

fiberlover
02-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Took my measurements. In the 30 days since I started doing The Firm,
I have lost 5 pounds and

2 inches from my chest
2.5 off my waist
2 inches off my hips
1.5 inches off my upper arm
1 inch off my thigh
1 inch off my calf.
Total of 10 inches. I am quite pleased with that!

mezmerize
02-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Fiberlover - Do you listen to your own music while doing WATPs. I find I have to after watching it and getting what they are doing down. Nice workout.

NESunshine - Sounds like you have a nice healthy weekend comming your way. (I hope the dentist is just a basic checkup) I also need to pick up some chicken breast. My husband actully likes my chicken tacos. He's such a picky eater. I'm with you on this snowing business... UGH I can't wait for it to be gone!

Jen415 - ROFL!!!! Love the video!!! Hehehe Way to go on the activity!!!

As for me I had my ultrasound this morning and I'll not get results until 4pm central time. If I'm lucky. So fingers crossed I'll not have to wait til monday.
Well I think I'm going to watch a move. (Becoming Jane) then workout and finally clean my house.

mezmerize
02-22-2008, 12:39 PM
fiberlover - That is awesome!!! I'm would be doing cart wheels!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOOO YEEE HAAAWW !!!

KimL1214
02-22-2008, 06:49 PM
Tae Bo Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday...
This will be my highest number of workouts in one week since I first started... I did two the first couple weeks and have worked up to three the last couple of weeks... Time is always an issue, but if I get my butt out of bed in the morning it's not as big of one...
:exercise::exercise::exercise::exercise::exercise: :exercise::exercise::exercise:

mezmerize
02-22-2008, 07:16 PM
:bravo: Kim!!! I've tried those Billy Banks dvds and lets just say I'm not the least bit ready for them. WTG!!!

Today I did 2 Mile Fast Walk (Well actually it's 4) After I wached Becoming Jane which I enjoyed very much. Then I got my workout in. Then cleaned the house. The doctors office still hadn't call so I called them abou the results They said they call back 1 hr later yup Gallstones I speak with the surgon Monday.

hafowler
02-22-2008, 10:47 PM
I hope you guys don't mind if I jump in!

I had a rough week this week health wise, but I STILL managed to get up and move 40 minutes every day, even if it was just gentle yoga. Today I got back on my regular schedule: 40 minutes yoga in the morning, then 30 minutes of Turbo Jam this afternoon. It's definitely getting easier, and I'm starting to get my flexibility back as far as yoga goes. I've been out of practice since I became ill over a year ago.

Way to sweat, everybody!

NESunshine
02-23-2008, 12:03 PM
Morning all.
Well I weighed in this morning. I'm down 2.5lbs this week! I'll take it...even though I'm at this point just taking off what I've gained over the winter so I'm not really moving ahead.
Dinner last night was great. Roasted chicken breast, asparagus and some left over mashed potatoes (left overs made with skim milk and no butter) and I only had a taste. We had big breakfast this morning but we used egg whites and turkey sausage and lots of tomatoes and broccoli so it's ok. We'll eat light the rest of the day. I didn't get to the gym yesterday cause of the weather and dentist... today we are going to the museum of science so I'm just going to run around there playing with everything.

Going to try to do some on the home elliptical tonight then tomorrow it's back to the gym :)

mezmerize
02-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Hafowler Ė :welcome: We are open to all. It doesnít matter how much how long or what you do for your workout you moved and that is AWESOME!! Iíve been trying to ease myself into yoga I have a hurt shoulder from a fall last year so some of the poses Iím not able to do. I really enjoy it. Turbo Jams sound fun but hard. Iíve got a ways to go for anything like that! WTG on your workouts and once again welcome!!

NESunshine Ė WTG on the 2.5 lbs loss. Donít sell yourself short you are moving ahead. Your working out and your watching your meals. That is moving ahead! Iím very inspired. We all stumble. Your dinner/breakfast sounds great! Something my family will eat. Iíve not tried turkey sausage. Iíve tried the bacon and I didnít care for it. (maybe it was the brand) The museum sounds like fun!! Iím sure youíll get lots of walking going there.

Today Iím sore. Those Fast walks have made me feel the burn. Which makes me feel great. I feel I have actually accomplished something this week. TOM can really get me down. I finally got the call from the doctor. I have gallstones. I will be talking with the surgeon on Monday.

KimL1214
02-23-2008, 05:04 PM
So I managed to pull my butt out of bed this morning and get the longest Tae Bo workout I have had so far! I was pretty psyched, and pretty tired too, but I feel like I have more energy now. Weigh in is tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I'll see at least a one to two pound loss. It also marks 4 weeks since I started, so I'm gonna do some measuring as well. I bought new jeans the week before I started, and I'm having a hard time keeping them on even with my belts, since those are all now one hole too big...
I had to cook some chicken before it went bad this morning, so I put some terriyaki sauce on it, baked it, cut it up into small pieces, put it in a bowl with a tiny bit more terriyaki sauce, covered and shook, then placed in the fridge. I had a little bit of it on my salad for lunch and didn't need any dressing! It was SOOOO good! And I have enough for my salad tonight, and for at least three more after that! (I usually eat salad with both lunch and dinner)

Congrats NESunshine!:cheer2:
Mezmerize~ sorry about the gallstones, hope all goes well on Monday, I'm impressed that your keeping up with all your workouts even though you don't feel 100% Great Job!:sunny:

SwimGirl
02-23-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm on the last couple days of a detox - not supposed to exercise. But I am doing it anyways! I did 20 minutes Turbo Jam - loooove the workouts! So I hope to keep joining in on this thread!

-Aimee

fiberlover
02-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Did Cardio Overdrive today. Whew. That is a tough workout. I actually kind of like it now that I am getting the hang of it. LOL!

missymckibben
02-23-2008, 09:49 PM
So, I went for a walk OUTSIDE today. I think it was up to 25. It was so nice!! I also cleaned out my scrapbooking area. Then I got 3 pages done. Very nice day in all.

Fiberlover, great job on that workout. They are tough!

Missy

hafowler
02-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the welcome, mezmerize! You're so inspiring -- keeping up your activity when you're not feeling well is so awesome!

Had to pat myself on the back again today. I was totally couched out all day, no energy at all, and had pretty much resigned myself to not doing anything. Well... reading some yoga articles, but that's it. *G* But reading inspired me, and I did a fairly vigorous 45 minute routine after all, which was what I had planned! Yay! :yoga:

KimL1214
02-24-2008, 02:24 PM
So I managed to get myself out of bed for the second day in a row (first time exercising two days in a row since I started) and do Tae Bo for 45 minutes. My arms are feeling pretty tired, but I'm loving the feeling of success. I lost 7 pounds this week! I know that's a lot for one week, but I'm still in my first month and haven't even come close to dropping that much, so I'm not concerned about it. I ate better, between 1700-1900 calories each day, and exercised one more day this week than I have in the past. Also only three sodas (mini 100 calorie ones) all week!
Woohoo!!! :dance::dance::dance:

fiberlover
02-24-2008, 02:53 PM
KimL - wow! Great job!

I did Leslie Sansone 2 mile Woman's walk today.

Scarletbegonias
02-25-2008, 12:43 AM
I've been doing Shapely Secrets for almost 3 weeks, Shapely Secrets Advanced for about a week and decided to add in some Cardio on top of that so now I'm doing DDR on the xbox. I'm only doing a half hour of DDR right now cause last time I went in full speed I ended up so sore I couldn't dance at all. I figure 30 mins a day for a good week or so then up it to 45 or an hour. I also walk about 4 blocks a day getting to and from work. I'm loving the DDR though, I just hope I can keep it up on those days when I'm in class till 8 at night after working all day. eh.

fiberlover
02-25-2008, 09:24 AM
scarlet - what is Shapely Secrets?

mezmerize
02-25-2008, 10:17 AM
Kim Ė Your chicken teriyaki salad sounds yummy! I havenít measured myself. I really should I guess the main reason I really donít know how to. I mean is there a certain place I need to measure on my leg example mid thigh or is it higher? I have pant I canít fit into and I try them on everyone in awhile. HOLY SMOKES 7LBS!!:bravo:

SwimGirl Ė I am interested in doing detox sometime it would have to wait until I chat with my doctors. Iíve been following your thread. Turbo Jam really is popular Iíve not yet made it to that hard of a workout. Iím hoping in the next few months Iíll be jamming along with the rest of you guys! We all look forward to hearing about your future workouts! Itís very inspiring reading how great one feels and what they have noticed from them. Pants sliding off (Kim) or more energy! AND :welcome:

fiberlover Ė WTG with Cardio Overdrive!:eek: Iím sure Whew is putting it lightly! Itís great your getting it down. That always makes for a better workout. How do you like the Leslie Sansone 2 mile Woman's walk ? How is it different from 1 mile-4 mile regular walk. I have the fast walk that has jogging in it.

Missymckibben Ė I bet it was a relaxing walk. It was nice here to. Snow was melting cool crisp air. People wearing shorts! Which I donít do unless it gets down to at least 50. It does make one lol to see so many people doing that with tons of snow all over. Us Midwesterners are a hearty group. I donít scrapbook but I do have a lot of the tools for it. I use to make homemade cards before I began to watch my grandkids. I loved it very peaceful.

Hafowler Ė Your very welcome! Kudos on working out! :yoga:Humm maybe I should just keep workout magazines in my house. I can use all the help I can get to get my bum moving. It has gotten better I now feel a bit guilty when I canít workout. Thatís progress.

Scarletbegonias Ė Iíve also never heard of Shaply Secrets. Sound interesting. Iím still in training on DD Iím using the Wii for that. Iím not very good yet. I do find it fun! :welcome3:

Sunday I didnít workout. I did do a lot of walking with shopping and all the errands. So I wasnít completely on my bum all day. School is delayed for 2 hrs because of bad weather. So it has thrown off my day. I never know when my sons friends will show up. Iím hoping once heís gone I can get a quick workout and shower in before the grandkids are here. Thanks for the kind words everyone on my workouts. I really want to lose this weight for good and the only way is working out. You all have inspired me on how hard you guys workout! It has made me move when I didnít want to many times. THANK YOU!

fiberlover
02-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Mez - I like the Woman's walk. It came with my Nutrisystem kit. It is actually pretty fast, faster than the 2 milk WATP stuff I already have.
I have a lot of LS stuff, the ones with the round weighted balls, the tapes with the weighted gloves (don't have the gloves), and one that alternates weights with walking. Plus I have her walk and jog one - which is probably my favorite of hers.

Are you starting a new thread this week, or are we keeping this one?

mezmerize
02-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Fiber - I think I'm going to keep this tread name. The name has kind of set in and reminds me of one of my goals. What do you think? I'm thinking of comming up with different workout songs for each week. I wish I could put little clips of them. You know to get us pumped up. If anyone has any feed back on what will make this thread better please write your ideas. I want this to be a place where all will feel welcome to log their workout even if they feel it doesn't compare to others. You moved you deserve credit!

So here's this week theme song. Black Eyed Peas

Let's get it started in here...

And the base keeps runnin' runnin' and runnin' runnin' and runnin'
runnin' and runnin' runnin' and runnin' runnin' and runnin' runnin' and
runnin' runnin' and runnin' runnin' and...

Scarletbegonias
02-25-2008, 01:35 PM
Shapley Secrets is I beleive what they call diametrics. Muscle aganist muscle work out, no weights, no getting on the floor, and it only takes 7 mins. 14 if you do both dvds. It's more toning than anything and I can definetly feel and see the difference. There is an ongoing thread here at "Does It Work?" 3FC won't let me post urls cause I haven't made 25 posts yet so hopefully you can find it there.

And after reading about your guys Walking off the pounds, I bought the dvd last night. I figure its more cardio besides just dancing and looks like less impact than all the jumping around on DDR.

NESunshine
02-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Afternoon folks.
Well it's Monday....so back to the gym for me tonight after work. I'm not sure what I'm going to do today....there is no 'tv' on that I watch tonight (like my biggest loser obsession on tuesdays) so I'm not tied to machines that I can watch those on. I'm also mapping out my plan for working out for the week. It was a good weekend. My assistant totally gave his notice...so I'm anticipating a heavier workload during the next few months and trying to head it off early so that I don't get to strung out and stop going to the gym...as that was how the big long weight gaining streak started last time.
More tomorrow when I know what I'm going to be doing at the gym for the week :)

mezmerize
02-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Scarletbegonias - I'll have to search for that thread. Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like my kind of workout!

NESunshine - It looks like you got a full plate comming up. Planning is one of the big must when changing to a healthy lifestyle. (IMO) One must try to be one step ahead of anything that might trigger an eating binge or just eating unhealthy. It's great you have a plan to help stop it. Kudos!!

Jen415
02-25-2008, 05:14 PM
Hi y'all!

It was a good workout weekend. On Saturday I actually got in my pool (it was 78 degrees! BRRRR!) and did an hour's worth of laps and treading water. I can't wait til the pool is a better temp to do it daily!! We also did lots of walking around while shopping. Then on Sunday....just like God creating the earth....I rested! LOL

Now for TODAY's triumph: I walked a whole two miles on my lunch break! Now for some that may not sound like much, but it was a major feat for me!

Mez: you said you liked my video clip. It's from the UK version of The Office. This particular scene has been deemed by some to be the most hilarious thing on television EVER. If you do a search on YouTube I'm sure the whole scene is in there--just use David Brent Dance as your search.

fiberlover
02-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Did my Hard Core Fusion today. :carrot:

KimL1214
02-25-2008, 05:24 PM
So I went from success yesterday to having a really hard time today. One of my friends woke me up this morning with a phone call informing me that there was an ambulance at my parents house. I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone at my parents, so I went there to discover that my dads electric chair and walker were both there which meant he hadn't left the house walking. I finally got mom on the cell phone and she had no idea what was wrong with him, just knew something was REALLY wrong. I was at the hospital with them from 8-1 and was just so drained that I had to go home and sleep for a couple hours. They still aren't home and still have no idea what is wrong with him. Dad has been sick with something my whole life, so I feel like I have spent half of my life in the hospital and I just want him to be okay for longer then at least a few months.
Food wise, I had to eat hospital food and was not very good during either meal, having 1 hashbrown, 1 sausage link, about 1/2 a cup of scrambled eggs with ketchup and 16 oz. chocolate milk for breakfast and a tunafish sandwich on rye with about 1/4 cup (very little) tuna mac salad and a salad with fat free ranch (which tasted awful) and too many croutons. I'm going to try reall hard to eat a good dinner, but I'm exhausted, stressed and cranky.
:bomb::headache::bomb::headache::bomb::headache:

mezmerize
02-25-2008, 07:26 PM
Kim - I'm senind many healing vibes to you and yours. I don't think I could have been as good as you with your food choices. I'm a hashbrown junkie! If it will bother you I wouldn't weight yourself this week. You could see a small gain from holding water from your meal or you may lose weight because the shock of what you ate. It's hard to tell sometime a boost in calories. (one day) will set your up or down. Maybe you can make some food to take with to the hospital. I hope he's out so you don't have to but just in case.

mezmerize
02-25-2008, 07:28 PM
Jen - I can't help but giggle when I see it. Too funny! I've save it in my weight loss folder to give me a laugh. Yea I'm a werid like that. Kudos on your walk. I have a really hard time geting my bum moving. Many congrats!!!

mezmerize
02-25-2008, 07:29 PM
Well it looks like surgery for me on Monday. One of the gallstones I have is 1 1/2 inch. It was pretty much of a done deal as far as surgery no thinking about it. So off to the doctor thurday to make sure my heart and lungs et are ok for it. If they do laparoscopic my recover will be quicker since it's only 4 small incisions usually recover time is around 10 days. If they have to open me enough for his hand to get through it's will be 4 days in the hospital and much longer recovery. I was told that the doctor plans on doing it laparoscopic but things may change durning surgery and he will do open surgery. I sure hope not since it will leave a bigger scar and the recovery time. So that is where I sit now. I've have to make a to do list of things I'll need done before Monday. Plus they said shop for the food you plan to eat afterward. I'll try and pop on to answer, support and just be there for you guys. If what I say is short please don't be offended.

stayincalm
02-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Cr*p! I came home early from work and was going to skip my 6:00 p.m. Bodypump workout. Now I really think I should go. It is so much easier to go right after work instead of coming home and getting all comfy first.!!!:)

mezmerize
02-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Kuhljeanie Ė Both Aerogardens are the basic ones. (you can buy the accessories for full size plants to work with also) It comes with Gourmet Herb Mix. (Italian and Purple Basil, Parsley, Chives, Cilantro, Mint and Dill.) I bought other seed packs since Target had them on clearance for only 4 dollars. I just started the salad mix with has romaine lettuce Iím not sure what the other mix of lettuce. I found a web site that list what is in it. Iíll have to find the addy. I also bought a box of romaine lettuce and a box of Italian Herb mix which contains mint, basil, savory, parsley, garlic chives, oregano and thyme. WTG on noticing how full you felt! You know I use to just ignore it before I got the beck book. Now Iím so aware of many things and still learning! Quinoa sounds wonderful Iím going to look for it thanks for the tip!

Well it looks like surgery for me on Monday. One of the gallstones I have is 1 1/2 inch. It was pretty much of a done deal as far as surgery no thinking about it. So off to the doctor Thursday to make sure my heart and lungs et are ok for it. If they do laparoscopic my recover will be quicker since it's only 4 small incisions usually recover time is around 10 days. If they have to open me enough for his hand to get through it will be 4 days in the hospital and much longer recovery. I was told that the doctor plans on doing it laparoscopic but things may change during surgery and he will do open surgery. I sure hope not since it will leave a bigger scar and the recovery time. So that is where I sit now. I've have to make a to do list of things I'll need done before Monday. Plus they said shop for the food you plan to eat afterward. I'll try and pop on to answer, support and just be there for you guys. If what I say is short or miss someone please don't be offended.

mezmerize
02-25-2008, 07:49 PM
GEEZ sorry I was getting tired of retyping so I copied it to another tread I belong to and whoops did a paste here. LOL A tipical mez moment!

KimL1214
02-25-2008, 08:00 PM
So today was the first day of my vacation, and as I noted before, it didn't start very weel. They sent Dad home because they're guessing that he has a viral infection, let me emphasize on the GUESSING part. They couldn't find anything wrong in X-Rays or in his cat scan, so according to them, that's what is wrong. They didn't prescribe anything, pain meds, or anything else. My dad does not have a right hip. He's in pain a lot, so the pain killers he already has are just enough to cover what is already wrong with him, not enough to cover stomach pains that a man who could once bend steel bars in half would cry out screaming. I hate hospitals, sorry. I understand a lot of nurses and doctors are overworked and over-stressed, but it's still frustrating!
I get to play nurse tomorrow because Mom has to work, so I plan on doing some grocery shopping before I go to their house. I guess he wants rice and chicken noodle soup tomorrow, and I plan on having a nice salad with a SmartOne of my choice :D
Did good tonight with a salad, some turkey, and some pickeled beets. Trying to catch up on my water, because I'm a little behind.
Thank you Mezmerize for the good vibes! Hopefully Dad is a good patient tomorrow :-P

NESunshine
02-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Morning everyone.

Kim I'm sending you my good Mojo. Best Wishes
Mez Good luck with your surgery...good Mojo to you too!

Last night I hit the gym and did 20 minutes on the stairmill (now dubly named the 'instrument of tourture' 70 flights later I hopped on the cybex and did another 30 minutes there. I lifted some weights and did some abs when i got home before calling it a night.

Tired today.

tonight it's all cardio, probably a combo of the elliptical and the treadmill since it's biggest loser night and that's what comes with attached tvs. We are supposed to have crappy weather so if it's bad it'll be the elliptical at home.

fiberlover
02-26-2008, 11:46 AM
Mes - good luck with your surgery! At least you are getting it taken care of soon.

Jen415
02-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Good luck Mez!!

mezmerize
02-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Kim - I'm sorry to hear your father isn't much better. I can understand how it can wear a person. My dad has been really sick for sometime now.(Months) They just figured out he got a paraiste (sp?) from the last time he was in the hospital. Now he's on so many meds added to what he already is taking. He needs an operation but they can't do it til they clear this up. It is really hard to see someone so strong look weak. It is great that your there to look after him I'm sure he finding that a great comfort.

NESunshine - My legs would have turned to noodles I don't think I would have been able to stand for sometime after that workout!! WTG!!

Thanks for the well wishes. I going to try to push myself to walk not like WATP but around the living room. They say it will help. Humm fingers crossed.

fiberlover
02-26-2008, 04:05 PM
Today I did Leslie Sansone Walk and Jog, and then just for kicks did 20 minutes of pilates - since I haven't done that for a while.

Also, gearing up for more snow shoveling :tantrum: Argh! Anywhere from 6 to 16 inches predicted - could they have made that a wider range??

mezmerize
02-26-2008, 04:12 PM
fiberlover - 20 minutes of pilates just for kicks!! :cp:I sure need a kick somewhere!!:idea: I sure hope we don't get more snow but that is impossible this early. The wind is wild here at the moment no flakes in site. To think when I was a kid I LOVED winter!

mezmerize
02-27-2008, 11:42 AM
1 mile WATP Fast Walk

KimL1214
02-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Dad's doin better, thank you everyone for the good vibes and mojo! I'm slacking a little bit due to a monthly annoyance... I plan on trying to squeeze ina workout later today, as long as I can keep myself somewhat motivated...

NESunshine
02-27-2008, 12:05 PM
I think my entire body is becoming a noodle!
I worked out at home last night...I just couldn't drag myself back out in the cold pouring freezing rain. I did intervals with my elliptical and weights, 15 minutes on going like a maniac then 10 minutes of arms, repeat with legs and squats, repeat with abs, then some mild stretching.

Tonight is back to the gym, full hour to 1.5 hours of cardio. Want to get back to giving the treadmill a whirl every once and a while.

I have a lunch out today so I'm off to look at the menu so I can make an informed decision and plan for it in the rest of my day.

fiberlover
02-27-2008, 12:29 PM
I shoveled heavy snow for 45 minutes today. Does that count as exercise? We got about a foot. I hate getting sweaty when I am in the cold weather. Gives me one of those damp chills all day after that.

mezmerize
02-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Kim Ė Iím glad to hear your dad is doing better. I really have to push myself to workout. Today was a mega push. I kept making excuse such no time, I have too much to do, itís amazing what I can come up with. I told myself I have 15 mins so put in the fast walk dvd and do a mile now! So I did now I feel really good.

NESunshine Ė What a great workout and kudos for planning your meal ahead of time!

fiberlover Ė Check out this site! It shows how many calories you burned! http://www.***************.net/links/calculators/calorie_calculator.htm Then pat yourself on the back if itís not too sore! WTG!!

As for me the grandkids are here and we're muching on some bell peppers of all colors. My grandson said he didn't like bell peppers. I said ok more for me while I was fixing them. I cut them with cut little cookie cutters. I put the plate down and he's been wolfing them down. LOL he's been going through this state where he says he doesn't like stuff.

mezmerize
02-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Do I dare spell check what I wrote. Hehe

KimL1214
02-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Any suggestions as to how to stay motivated during that time of the month? I'm on prescription pain killers for it, because I used to get so sick, but I still feel pretty icky for 2-3 days every month... I had wanted to workout today, but I couldn't drag myself out of bed, off the couch, or out of the chair... I didn't eat poorly... should I just make that my main goal for the first couple months (eating well, ignoring the monthly cravings for junk) and workout when I can? I'm also going to use AF as my nickname for the monthly annoyance...

luckyducky
02-27-2008, 11:09 PM
sweated my pants off this morning ( and yesterday morning before work), walking to Leslie S. 3 mile express. I like getting up to that morning walk, ( even if it is in my own living room, I can't slip and fall on the ice that way). Of course I am getting up much earlier to get the exercise in and my horses are still sleeping when I am out doing chores ( I am sure they will get used to these hours, then, Daylight Savings Time!!!). BTW, you asked earlier, I have 10 horses, ( 8 Arabians, 1 Peruvian Paso, and 1 Pony of the Americas). They are an extension of my family.

mezmerize
02-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Kim Ė Only you know what will work for you. If you feel at this point your main focus should be eating healthy then do that and then gradually work towards fitness. I to have prescription meds for TOM and I can really relate. I also donít like to work out. Iím trying less and less to say that to myself because I think it only feeds into it. I just restarted my weight loss journey (Jan 28) and I didnít have fitness as a routine. I do know the only way Iím going to lose weight and keep is off is to add fitness. So I started this tread. (less than 3 weeks) Itís very motivating to see others working out and it does give me that push to workout. So even if you are not ready to workout. Please read and post what you did to move. It doesnít have to be a certain number of days or a formal workout. Chasing the cat/dog/kids around the house counts! You moved you deserved credit. I have to recheck an old post here there is a lady who started out very high in weight and her goal was to get out of bed. The next was to walk next to the bed and so on and then she made it outside sheíd walk the length of the drive way. She loss a lot of weight and is a senior member. Her story is very inspiring.

LuckyDucky Ė WTG! That is a great workout I really enjoy Leslie. S dvds. Donít forget to tighten those sweat pant string you donít want to put on a show! So true about the ice. 10 horses Iím so jealous!! Do you have a trail you ride them on?

As for me today I intend to workout. (lol there I go giving myself a way out) I was going to take that out ďintendĒ but decided that itís best so I can see how I try to get out of it. I have my test today to see if everything is ok for my operation Monday.

NESunshine
02-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Morning all.
Last night I did an hour on the elliptical at the gym. I tell you going to the gym was the LAST thing I wanted to do last night. I'm soooo tired every day while my body is adjusting to the workouts in the evening... but if I stop now then I'm just giving in and it will take that much longer to re-adjust. I'm blowing off a meeting tonight to go to the gym...that and I really don't want to stick around the city in the cold and dark to go to an alumni meeting...I'll be more likely to participate in those things when the weather is nicer!

Ugh almost weekend time! I can't wait. It's my friends birthday this weekend and she wanted to go see Blue Man Group so I used my pull to get us some premium seats and have, like any good friend, arranged to have her mortally embarrassed at the theatre, I can't wait!

SwimGirl
02-28-2008, 01:10 PM
After a few days of a cold/flu - I am back to exercising! I did 20 minute workout - Turbo Jam. Its so much fun! :)

-Aimee

fiberlover
02-28-2008, 01:30 PM
nesunshine - I saw blue man group in Chicago. Good show - really loud though LOL!

Aimee - good for you to get back on the exercise wagon!

I did my workout this morning. DH and I are giving blood this afternoon, so instead of using that as an excuse not to work out today (they say to take it easy the rest of the day) -- I moved my workout time. Did Hi Def Sculpt.

beautifulstruggle
02-28-2008, 05:26 PM
hi thought i'd add my 2cents ;)

Today did 20 mins on an elliptical, 10 minutes on rowing machine, 10 minutes on the cardio wave and then 40 mins training on abs, thighs, glutes, & lower back.

:)

KimL1214
02-28-2008, 11:03 PM
So I did my Tae Bo today... I really like the kicks and punches, but have to admit I'm getting a little bored with it. I was thinking about trying a new DVD I got, Hip Hop Abs tomorrow. Anybody ever tried it? I just need something different with a little bit better music... Billy you're motivating, but your music kind of stinks. Anybody ever done work out videos and just listened to your own music while doing them? I was also thinking about doing that as well... I'm just full of questions tonight :dizzy:

fiberlover
02-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Kim, I can't do workout videos with my own music. Probably because I was a music major, and the feet have to be with the beat. LOL!

NESunshine
02-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Well, Yesterday ended up being an unscheduled rest day. I got home from work, it was cold and dark, I lost all motivation, sat down for a minute, and fell asleep. I think it's ok, a rest day is good, obviously my body was tired and got some much needed sleep.
I'll be back at the gym after work today, hopefully before the weather comes in...yes thats right...more snow...boooo.
Anyway then tomorrow will be off cause of the weather and plans and my goal there is to not get caught up in being out and to watch what i eat and drink. Not sure what Sunday will bring yet :)

KimL1214
02-29-2008, 02:22 PM
So I made my usual salad with about 2-3 oz. of terriyaki chicken on top. It includes about a cup of romaine lettuce, 1 cuke, a handful of grape tomatoes, 6 baby carrots and today I added 1/4 cup of corn to add some flavor. Well, I couldn't finish it. I made it half way through and was full. Good stuff, I'm excited, maybe I'm actually learning to listen to my body! :dizzy: Tonight should be a challenge though. My bf and I have to go up to the city to exchnge one of my christmas presents, and he really wants to go to the chinese buffet. My plan right now is to start of with a good sized salad and then have very small servings of different chinese food. I have sworn of fried food for the last month, so I won't be touching anything fried (the grease makes my stomach turn now anyways), but I know I have to be careful of the rice and lo mein, since they use a LOT of oil to cook them. If I remember correctly, beef & broccoli, chicken & broccoli and mixed vegetable dishes were really the only low point choices with weight watchers.
My hips were really sore this morning from Tae Bo, so I'm holding off on Hip Hop Abs until tomorrow... I'm hoping I'll be able to make it even half way through the workout since after previewing it, it is non-stop movement.
Everybody ready for the weekend?
Mezmerize~ How you feelin?

SwimGirl
02-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Hip Hop Abs looks like fun to me! I hate ordering things online or over the phone though - I rarely use my credit card after having the number stolen before. I also really enjoy Tae-Bo, its such a good workout! I only have the advanced tape, heh.. so it really is an intense workout.

I did 20 minute workout from Turbo Jam, and Ab Jam! I am following their schedule as close as I can - and then we'll see what happens after a month!

-Aimee

fiberlover
02-29-2008, 06:41 PM
Happy friday everyone!!
I did a 3 mile WATP today. I was going to do a Firm workout, but my arm is really sore from my blood donation yesterday. I had a newbie tech, and she had to get help to adjust the needle after it was in :ouch: . And I have veins that are just about popping out of my skin, not sure how she missed LOL.
So, I didn't want to work out with weights. Will do that tomorrow.
Plus more snow shoveling .... AHHHHHH!!!!!!

mezmerize
02-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Hello Everyone!! Sorry Iím late been busy getting almost everything done. Mostly shopping.

NESunshine Ė WTG on going to the gym! Blue Man group sounds awesome! From what Iíve heard giving your muscles a rest is a good thing.

SwimGirl Ė 20 minutes of Turbo Jam you must be feeling better!! KUDOS!! Iíll be waiting to hear how things turn out in a month. Maybe by then Iíll be craving workouts!! You are doing great Aimee!

Fiverlover Ė Kudos on giving blood and working out! Hi Def Sculpt sounds like a good workout. Ouch on the giving blood. Iím a big wimp when it comes to giving blood which I had to give yesterday at my doc. Visit. I told her I was a big wimp and she said thatís ok Iím an expert at this. You know what she did great I barely felt it. We got a lot of snow yesterday but itís really melting today. The store have all there patio stuff out and OH Cabin Fever has hit once again.

beautifulstruggle Ė WELCOME!!! Add all the centís you want!!! What a great workout!!

Kim Ė I have Hip Hop Abs my sister gave it to me. She loves it! I ashamed to say I havenít broke the seal on it yet! I listen to my own music all the time. Mostly after I get the basics of what is going to happen on the dvd. I have certain song that keep me going. Hey keep those questions coming you wonít find anything out if you donít ask. Kudos on stopping when you felt full! Hope the hips feel better. Cute picture!

As for me I have pretty much finished my list of things to buy. I was happy to find clearance PJís with buttons down tops. It will be easier to change my bandages. Plus they were really cute! I am getting nervous as Monday moves forward. I go in at 5:45 a.m. and they operate at 7:00 a.m. (Central Time) I forgot to ask how long it will take. My sister said to make sure I walk. So Iím going to really push myself. This will be a true test for me. I plan on doing WATPs 1 mile. I wonít do the kick or anything just, walk the whole video. I think that will be a good start since Iíll be able to gage my walking. I canít depend on going outside since not everyone has their sidewalk shoveled. Once again Iíll try my best not to be MIA for long if at all.

mezmerize
03-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Hello every! I'm going to start this as a weekly thread. Same name just different weekly date. So if you want you can click this link http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135875

Or just Hope on over to Sweating Until Or Clothes Slide Off March 2nd - 9th.

Everyone is doing great!!