Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-16-2008, 11:11 PM   #1  
Changing for me!

S/C/G: 171/171/125

Height: 5'6

Default 19..depressed..overweight need help

Hey girls im 19 i will be 20 now in april. I was recently diagnoised as clinically depressed and it pisses me off cause im so young. For my huge 15th birthday i went on la weight loss and lost 25lbs i had a amazing body! A few months later after my bf broke my heart i gained back all the weight and lost and gained and played on that rollercoaster for 2 years. Now im at my heaviest 172 i wanted to die when i saw the scale. My current bf who seems to be my future hubby and i are both overweight we were both at a good weight when we first met we lost touch and looked super good when we met once again, and as you know as a college student their are many parties and time you go eat with your friends or leave a club and go eat which i know its horrible to eat @ 3am. We are both trying to lose weight and he is throwing me a huge party for my 20th birthday and i really want to look amazing i need help. any good exercise routines you guys can recommend that dont cost alot of money and is something that me and my bf could do together.
thanks
Happy Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:48 PM   #2  
1 day & 1 pound at a time

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8

hey im 19 too..going to be 20 in may.

I think your first should be to find what diet program best fits you. There is a bunch of them on the threads (Atkins, fat smash, south beach...etc). The only other advice I can give you is to exercise.if you dont like going to the gym simply walking will be fine.

I fully understand the boat your in. We went bowling on thursday and my friends were drinking and eating pizza. I just sat there drinking my water and eating my salad..its hard but it gets easier..you just got to take it one day and one step at a time.
breathe me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:25 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Great post Breathe Me !!! I agree... a sensible diet and walk walk walk. You'd be surprised how much weight you can lose walking. I use to power walk, started out 1/2 hr a day and then I worked my way up to 1 hour a day but I would just try to walk faster and faster each day...doing that I went farther and farther..I'm telling you, the weight just came off so fast.

Like Breathe said... calories and exercise = weight loss.

GOOD LUCK !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote