Weight Loss Support - What have you done today to make you feel PROUD! Take a bow here!

bruniQ
02-16-2008, 02:42 PM
:wave:Hi Everyone,

Come on in, post your ticker, pat yourself on the back, take a bow!

No accomplishment too small -- Share them all here.

A toast, TO US, and to our SUCCESS in the QUEST!

best,
b

PS: I give myself credit for hanging in there during my first plateau and finally adding a one pound weight loss to my ticker two weeks later!:)

bruniQ
02-16-2008, 02:47 PM
:celebrate:pps: Let's SING!

The Biggest Loser Theme Song : "Proud" by Heather Small
I look into the window of my mind
Reflections of the fears I know I've left behind
I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I am on my way
Can't stop me now
And you can do the same
What have you done today to make you feel proud?
It's never too late to try
You could be so many people
If you make that break for freedom
Still so many answers I don't know
Realise that to question is how we grow
So I step out of the ordinary
I can feel my soul ascending
I am on my way
Can't stop me now
And you can do the same
It's never too late to try
You could be so many people
We need a change
Do it today
I can feel my spirit rising
We need a change
So do it today
'Cause I can see a clear horizon
So what have you done today to make you feel proud?
'Cause you could be so many people
What have you done today
You could be so many people?
Just make that break for freedom
:)

horsey
02-16-2008, 03:06 PM
This am I cleaned out my kitchen, threw out old foods, most processed foods, and just stuff that didn't go with my new "clean diet"... I searched books like Clean Diet, Best Life Diet, Super RX Food Diet and articles. I wrote a list of items and brands that are most healthy - and next I'm heading to the grocery store to stock up. Everything in my fridge and cabinets looks so tidy! I am very proud of this. This is coming from a former fast food, frozen meal could care less person - which is why I got fat! I'm ready to try some new easy recipes and figure out what some of the strange grains on my list are for...

Heather
02-16-2008, 03:10 PM
I went to the gym bright and early today!

bruniQ
02-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi Ladies:

Horsey: Wow! Fantastic! way to go!!!!!:cheer:

Heather: I want to be more like you and get the exercise done and out of the way! :yes::congrat:

trekkiegirl
02-16-2008, 03:46 PM
I checked my cholesterol today...139. Still good. :) Hmmm...I was 112 before Christmas. I haven't chugged down as much soymilk since then as I was at that time. Maybe that really made a difference. Interesting.
I added some more songs to my mp3 player for my exercises....and tested them out. :carrot:

Zen Pharmacy
02-16-2008, 03:53 PM
I got out of bed and decided that even though I feel gross (head cold and a little sore throat) I needed to do some exercise.

So I went really really slow and did 20 minutes on the elliptical and a little bit of resistance bands.

But I think I'm going to go back to bed and look sad at my husband to do the laundry.

bruniQ
02-16-2008, 04:03 PM
:Dheeheeee! i've been thinking of music to work out to :broc:- any suggestions!

thanks!

dgramie
02-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Today daughter and her guy went and picked up lunch for us..I only ate my ribeye and threw the bun away.Also steamed some veggies while they gone. Wasnt even tempted by greasy fries. Also filled out college paperwork for the girls( something i always put off till march, last min)

trekkiegirl
02-16-2008, 04:14 PM
:Dheeheeee! i've been thinking of music to work out to :broc:- any suggestions!
thanks!

Well, my taste is retro...here's what my music looks like now, if you spot anything you like: :D (oooh, hey, just noticed you're a fellow New Yorker!)

Havah Nagila - Neil Diamond
I Like To Move It
I'm Not Your Steppin' Stone - Monkees
Amen - The Impressions
Another One Bites The Dust
A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You - Monkees
A Little Less Conversation - Elvis
Billie Jean
Disco Inferno
Burnin' Love
Caribbean Queen
Cha Cha - Chelo
Chain of Fools
Corazon de Acero - Lucia Mendez
Crazy
Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Cuban Pete - Desi Arnaz
Do Ya Think I'm Sexy
December, 1963 - Frankie Valli
Don’t Go Breakin' My Heart
Don't Pull Your Love
Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
Driver's Seat
Every1's A Winner - Hot Chocolate
Electric Avenue - Eddy Grant
Elvira - Oak Ridge Boys
Eye of The Tiger
Far From Over - Frank Stallone
Feeling Stronger Every Day - Chicago
Folsom Prison Blues
Get Off Of My Cloud
Gonna Fly Now
Greased Lightnin'
Grease
Hey Louise - Neil Diamond
Hit The Road, Jack
I Need A Hero
I Walk The Line
I'm A Believer - Monkees
I'm Still Standin'
In The Navy
Islands In The Stream
It Don't Come Easy
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Kung Fu Fighting
Ladies Night
Lady Marmalade
Last Train to Clarksville
Listen To What The Man Said
Love Will Keep Us Together
Mambo Italiano
Mambo No. 5
Mary Mary - Monkees
Menea (from Mad Hot Ballroom)
My Hips Don't Lie
One Night In Bangcock
Pop Muzik - M
Puttin' On the Ritz - Paco
Rebel Yell
Rhinestone Cowboy
Right Back Where We Started From
Ring of Fire
Rock Me Gently
Rocka My Soul - Alvin Ailey Dance Company
Rocky
Run For Your Life - Beatles
Safety Dance
Saturday Night - Bay City Rollers
She's So Cold
Solitary Man
Southern Nights
Spirit In the Sky
Start Me Up
Sukiyaki - Kyu Sakamoto
Sunglasses At Night
Suspicious Minds (Fine Young Cannibals)
Sussudio
Tainted Love
Thank God I'm A Country Boy
That's The Way I Like It
The Hustle
The Lion Sleeps Tonight
The Night Before - Beatles
Tu Eres Ajena (from Mad Hot Ballroom)
Valleri - Monkees
We Are The Champions
We Go Together
We Will Rock You
Well Alright - Buddy Holly
White Wedding
Who Loves You - Frankie Valli
YMCA
You Can't Touch This - MC Hammer
You Should Be Dancing
You're The One That I Want
I Like It Like That - Tito Nieves
Boogie Wonderland - Earth, Wind & Fire

I'm always on the lookout for more. :D :carrot:

bruniQ
02-16-2008, 04:26 PM
Zen: Way to go:bravo: - its a herculean effort to do the right thing sometimes, fatigue, problems, illness -- wish there was a medal icon because I certainly would award you one! :-)

debimitch: Wow! I got rid of the bun when I ordered a tilapia sandwich at Applebees yesterday! GO US!:cheer2:

trekkiegirl: :hug:I'm a retro girl sometimes my self heeheeee! I love these from your list:

I like to move it:carrot:
cuban pete :dizzy:
i'm still standing:yes:
hit the road jack (I woudl be singing it to my fat heeheee!)
mambo italiano ;)
i like it like that -- ay yai yai! :-)

I like super motivational songs -- please keep me updated on your list! Or better yet, start a thread on what music dieters are using to motivate them during their workouts! :-)

To US - and our Success in the Quest!

best,
b

DaisyNicole
02-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Today i went to the grocery store and bought WHOLE GRAIN pasta! This is one small step in the right direction and i am truely proud!

CountingDown
02-16-2008, 05:30 PM
I WANTED a nap.
I did a Tae Bo workout instead :)

FrouFrou
02-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Today...I did 115 mns of exercise!

DaisyNicole
02-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Oh yeah... i just remembered this one!

i DID NOT eat any of the donuts that the supervisor brought for us at work this morning!

breathe me
02-16-2008, 07:04 PM
I didn't eat any of the coffee cake my mom bought.

dgramie
02-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Hey thats right my kids got donuts this morning and they were still warm and i wasnt even tempted. Just got home from a local family owned restraunt that has awesome pie and didnt eat any..had baked fish , green beans and a baked potato NO bread!!

horsey
02-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Finished my "project"... after cleaning pantry and fridge of junk and anything old, I cleaned the kitchen, organized and went to the store - $220 later I have a freshly stocked fridge and pantry with ONLY healthy items to start this coming week of CLEAN EATING only! I'm so PROUD of myself, now I'm sorting recipes to figure out what to do with this conscious, whatever it is. I'll admit I'm not quite "there" to the absolute best ingredients as I am learning to read labels more, perhaps rather then buying precooked chicken and beef it'd be better to cook and freeze my own. But when this round of food is done, I'll work more on fine tuning! Here's for cleaning out junk and getting a healthy, clean start!

Amby876
02-16-2008, 08:39 PM
After 3 days out of the gym (lack of motivation, severe muscle cramps due to my disability)...I got back in the gym and did 25 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes of nautical machines...AND I'm going to go back for more before dinner!

BTW - I'm Amber, 28, married, no kids...losing weight in hopes of getting pregnant within the year

bruniQ
02-17-2008, 12:11 AM
:wave:Hello - I just signed on and found all the wonderful new messages from all of you DIETING DIVAS! Congratulations to everyone! Thanks so much for your posts!

DaisyNicole -- (love that name) Whole grain pasta? You are brave and adventurous!:) So - how was it! tell us all about it!

breathe me: KUDOS on passing on the coffee cake for now -- but one day... we will be able to enjoy without reservation! Way to GO!

debimitch: not giving the donuts and apple pie a second thought! AWESOME!

froufrou: 115 minutes of exercise! YAOWZA! Burn CALOLRIES BURN! Great going!

amber876: Oh my goodness, MAJOR recognition for you for going back to the gym after three days (took me about a week once!). Way to push forward!

Congratulations DIETING DIVAS!

TO US and OUR SUCCESS IN THE QUEST!

best,
b

Ookpik
02-17-2008, 01:28 AM
After work I felt tired and wanted to go right home, instead of going swimming as planned. Changed my mind and went swimming, glad I did.

LynseyLikes2Lose
02-17-2008, 01:10 PM
This weekend I have done 11 miles of WATP videos and feel awesome!

bruniQ
02-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Wow - that's a lot of walking! GO LINDSEY! :-)

What tape do you use?

best,
b

andreaphilip3
02-17-2008, 10:38 PM
'today' being what day? sat? sun?

horsey
02-17-2008, 11:42 PM
I wanted to sit on my butt tonight and watch a movie, instead I did 45 minutes of jogging! Very proud, clean kitchen, working out, feelin' good.

almostheaven
02-18-2008, 11:51 PM
I stood on my grandpa's bed and "attempted" to repair the sagging plaster on the ceiling. Despite all my efforts, I could NOT locate a stud, which is why it's sagging. They finished the attic off and put in bedrooms up there, and the ceiling came down when they did that and it's been sagging ever since, and getting worse.

At over 250 pounds, I'd have rather sat on the couch and been tired. I certainly wouldn't have had the energy to do that and THEN to rearrange the furniture 3 times because mom wasn't satisfied with how grandpa's lift chair and scooter blocked the pathway. LOL

CountryGirl18
02-18-2008, 11:54 PM
I ran for half of a mile, without stopping. I know thats not that great, but I couldnt even last 30 seconds before.

Also made better food choices, and stayed within calories!! :)

PhotoChick
02-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Good thread.

Today I went to the gym and did 45 mins on the elliptical machine AND my regular upper body weight workout.

I came home and ate protein and veggies and didn't dip into the bag of tortilla chips my husband had.

bruniQ
02-19-2008, 12:00 AM
Hi Andrea,

Any day that today is :-) Did some diet or fitness thing you did today you're especially happy or proud of

best,
b

bruniQ
02-19-2008, 12:02 AM
hi Photochick!

What a great day! That's why you have a great looking ticker!

Keep on keeping on!

best,
b

bruniQ
02-19-2008, 12:03 AM
wow! that's what I'm talking about ookpik!

keep up the good work!

best,
b

bruniQ
02-19-2008, 12:07 AM
hi almostheaven -- sounds like you got a good workout! GO almostheaven!

best,
b

bruniQ
02-19-2008, 12:08 AM
LOL Countrygirl -- Major KUDOS to you (more than I can do right now!).

Way to GO!

best, b

bruniQ
02-19-2008, 12:09 AM
hi horsey -- I'd be darn proud too! Keep on believing!

best,
b

2old2quit
02-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Well, yesterday someone brought into work 1 sheet cake. You know the kind I mean - big, sweet flowers, huge thick borders of wonderful iciing. Also, a customer brought us all 2 dozen Dunkin' Donuts. THEN - someone dropped off a bag of homemade bagels with 3 tubs of cream cheese.

Happens that the water cooler is in the lunchroom along with all these goodies. I was in and out of there constantly filling up my water mug. Every time I went in, I kept thinking - maybe I'll just take a flower off that cake. Just a little one. Wouldn't hurt, would it?

Well, I quick called my husband & told him to tell me "NO DON'T DO IT".

He did (he thinks I'm a little nuts :dizzy:) and I didn't touch anything!

I thought I would die by the time it was for me to go home...........

This kind of thing happens at the least once a week. Phew! One day at a time.

bruniQ
02-19-2008, 01:16 PM
dear dear 2old2quit -- BRAVO to you for making it through!

its challenging for us when we're doing something about our diets and everyone else is not. But that's when we have to tell ourselves, (or ask a loved one) to tell us or remind us or support us --

that was a great move!

best,
b

gailr42
02-19-2008, 02:57 PM
After having company for the weekend, I am back on track with whole grain cereal with a Tbs rasins and two walnut meats on top and an orange. My lunch, selected from things pre-made by me, is defrosting on the counter.

A long term pat on the back: January 19 was my anniversary of changing my eating habits. I have managed to stick to this for just over a year!!!!! Mind you, I sarted out with baby steps.

bruniQ
02-19-2008, 03:02 PM
hi gailr42 -- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Congratulations -- you're an inspiration to "slow and steady wins the race!"

best,
b

horsey
02-19-2008, 03:37 PM
I HATE mornings, but started at new "at least" 20 min of exercise, thus far on my mini trampoline and this am I did 30 min. Feeling more energetic today, a bounce in my steps, healthy eating and exercise!

cdn carebear
02-19-2008, 04:23 PM
I walked/ran 2 miles.

For the first time, my grocery cart was full of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grain bread, non-fat dairy products, and lean protein. There wasn't one bit of junk food in sight. I wasn't even tempted.

ThePrettyOne
02-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Picked the greek salad with grilled chicken over the 10oz cheeseburger when I met my boyfriend for lunch today. He got the burger, perfectly medium rare, dripping with cheese....I wanted to cry, they are my ultimate weakness!! I still eat them when I need one, but I was so bad this weekend (3 day weekend, hockey game, partys, the works!)....I just couldn't let my crazyness carry over into the week!

I've lost 30lbs in a year, and he's lost 30lbs in just a few months....he's substituted a lot of cr@p he used to eat with healthier versions, but he still eats pizza/fast food at least 4 times a week. I wish I were a man sometimes!!

SCraver
02-19-2008, 04:55 PM
I took the 132 stairs up to my floor at work... TWICE!

PhotoChick
02-19-2008, 05:21 PM
<off topic for a sec>

I've lost 30lbs in a year, and he's lost 30lbs in just a few months....he's substituted a lot of cr@p he used to eat with healthier versions, but he still eats pizza/fast food at least 4 times a week. I wish I were a man sometimes!!
Men suck! :) My husband gave up Coke and french fries and dropped 25 lbs in about 6 weeks. I give up Coke and french fries and I drop 4. Maybe.

<back on topic>

My "proud" for today is ordering a 1/2 a deli sandwich (not a whole one) and asking them to remove the mayo and dressing. Then once I got it, I took off half the roast beef and threw it away. I don't need a 1/2 a cow on my sandwich.

Nightingale68
02-19-2008, 06:08 PM
I have resisted the urge to SMOKE and still feel good, in fact I feel a lot better than last week... it's been ... omg, I lost count!!!! yay me
I drank four large glasses of water before noon, now am drinking my second afternoon glass.

LittleMoonRabbit
02-19-2008, 06:49 PM
I actually packed a lunch for school today (a slimfast shake, carrots and honeydew melon) to prevent myself from eating out of the vending machine... and it worked :)

losinitin07
02-19-2008, 08:28 PM
I passed on the cheesecake , bought lots of veggies and fruit, and whole grain.

DaisyNicole
02-19-2008, 08:50 PM
I ate 1785 calories today!!! Under 1800!! Yay!!

DaisyNicole
02-20-2008, 11:44 AM
(this is my favorite thread!)

I didn't eat the bagels at the meeting this morning!!! TAKE THAT Einsteins!

mommyagain3
02-20-2008, 11:51 AM
I cut my breakfast in half. I only have one waffle with peanut butter and i also gave up soda and do not even miss it! My new goal is to not eat after 8pm. Mini goals seem to be working great for me! Just telling everyone makes me feel even better about them!!!:carrot:

bruniQ
02-20-2008, 11:56 AM
This week's weigh-in was discouraging (negative!) http://www.postsmile.com/img/emotions/209.gifand although it got me down, I'm dusting myself off and am going to keep goinghttp://www.postsmile.com/img/emotions/140.gif! I will not let this get the best of mehttp://www.postsmile.com/img/emotions/96.gif!

bruniQ
02-20-2008, 12:12 PM
Hi Nightingale, that's a great achievement! Keep going!

Littlemoonrabbit: A stitch in time saves nine! Good thinking - great going!

DaisyNicole: Under 1800! HIGH FIVE -- monitor your weight loss and go back up if necessary to keep losing -- sounds backward I know, but I went too low and stalled again this week! Heeeheee, Einsteins -- their stock is down LOL.

best,
b

SCraver
02-20-2008, 01:23 PM
This is the best thread... I love reading about everyone's accomplishments at passing up things they should be eating, or goals they met for the day... Very inspiring!

I keep walking past a co-workers desk and seeing her v-day candy... and thinking... mmm... PB cups... But NO! I will not ask her for one! I will not be the fatty begging for candy!

I think everytime we pass up eating something - we should automatically lose a lb.

Moobunny
02-20-2008, 01:29 PM
Instead of hitting Mc Donalds for a big mac meal I'm eating a WW frozen dinner!

bruniQ
02-20-2008, 07:35 PM
http://www.postsmile.com/img/emotions/91.gifHi SCarver - I'm with you! http://www.postsmile.com/img/emotions/117.gif

best,
b

mariquita
02-20-2008, 09:16 PM
I ate a salad for lunch and having the second half for dinner and a sugar free jello. No meat at all today, but I did have some cheese chunks with my salad. No meat also :( I'm trying.

Determined in Texas
02-20-2008, 09:25 PM
I started to ride my bike to work but half way there the back tire went out. So I walked the rest of the way and then I walked home to get my truck even though I had several offers for rides. I walked to work today!

JayEll
02-20-2008, 09:38 PM
mariquita, :wel3fc:

I hope that is not all you have eaten for the day! :yikes: It is not enough, if so. Losing weight does not mean starving yourself! Check around this site--look at other forums, such as Calorie Counters. You can find information about healthy weight loss.

Jay

Hat Trick
02-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Told the Doritos to bugger off, have eaten very well so far, and put my exercise gear on at 1:30pm and did my strength stuff and a yoga dvd. What I wanted to do was vegg out in front of the tube and watch the season finale of Nip/Tuck I recorded. I'll get my Cristian fix later; glad I moved my butt!!

gailr42
02-21-2008, 04:07 PM
I made a written plan for what I am going to eat today, and have written down everything I have eaten so far.

I ate Scottish Oatmeal for breakfast. One serving contains 20% of daily fiber recommentdation.

Determined in Texas
02-21-2008, 09:28 PM
I ate well and I walked to work in 15 min because I was running late. I made it. And I walked home.

horsey
02-22-2008, 01:49 AM
On top of really planning my diet/exercising, cleaning my kitchen, I'm going to financial planning classes, started tonight. It seems that discipline and organization in one sector of life leads to others! I'm on a roll with this new year new me thing and I've made it past Jan, and onto Feb, almost March with this theme - hoping it's for life this time.

PhotoChick
02-22-2008, 01:55 AM
Today's bows:

1 hour on the elliptical machine

avoided chips with lunch even though I bought and paid for a "combo" meal at Subway (cause it's still cheaper to get the sandwich and the Diet Coke that way)

cakses
02-22-2008, 03:15 AM
I joined Weight Watchers and have my first meeting next week. That's what I did today :)

JayEll
02-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Cakses! Congratulations! :yay:

Jay

cckayac
02-22-2008, 08:37 AM
I am proud of myself for sticking to exercising since a week before christmas. Everyweek I have been to the gym. First with a buddy and now kept it up even though she doesn't go anymore. I am working on attending 4 times a week this will be the first. I have 3 days down one more to go. I am feeling confident and I haven't gotten on the scales but feel I have lost and inches are going. The jeans are fitting nicely and my rings are loose. I am a bit scared to step on my scale as I might be disappointed but today have a doc appt so no choice.

helwa588
02-22-2008, 08:55 AM
i was able to finish a workout on one of my exercise dvds today without stopping in the middle of the workout

Janis427
02-22-2008, 09:21 AM
Last night I had the worst craving for cholate and didnt give in, We have alot of it in the house too.

CountryGirl18
02-22-2008, 04:46 PM
I ran a mile today!!! :) :) :) :)
Without stopping!!!!!
Nothing has made me feel so strong and so empowering like that.

Hat Trick
02-22-2008, 04:57 PM
I did not eat those mint milanos.
I did not eat those cheetos.
I did shovel the driveway.
I did count my calories.

DaisyNicole
02-22-2008, 10:04 PM
I kept it under 1700!
I had an awesome workout!
I didn't eat the leftover bagles from Wednesday's meeting!

Sun_Flower2
02-23-2008, 02:31 AM
Hello!

I'm proud of myself because I wasn't going to go to the gym tonight. But after reading the post "Somebody say something to make me go walking" I decided to go and then I stayed and did 32mins on the treadmill at 3.4mph and did Pecs, Delts & Triceps with free weights. I'm so glad I went I feel better that I did! I'm that much stronger and ready to do my workout for tomorrow!

Yay!:carrot:

Hat Trick
02-23-2008, 01:37 PM
I exercised, allbeit in fits and starts -- but I did it. Wanted to hoover a box of Frosted Flakes last night. :drool: There's none in the house, so it wasn't possible. Does that count? :D:lol:

blondebritbrat17
02-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Been pretty sick lately with terrible sinus infections and respiratory infections among other things and when I'm sick I tend to crave junk and "comfort" food like chicken and dumplings and stuff like that. I haven't given in so far! I like this thread.. it's motivating makes me wish my body would hurry up and get better so I can get back to exercising..

horsey
02-24-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm proud of myself because I put together a "mini recipe book" that has my CORE dieting plan - which isn't really a diet, healthy foods that I will eat. I have a list of breakfasts, 2 of which I'll repeat the most often, lunches, 2-3 of which I'll repeat the most often as well, snacks - a bunch to choose from, and I'm working on dinners where I'll be more creative, with individual cards for recipes that fit into my calorie/health plan (plus a list of frozen entrees for when I'm really busy so I won't eat out/junk/fast food). Next I'll create a "travel" plan, I go on trips for business and eating out has been mine downfall, so I'll have a list of restaurants I can go to and a list of what to put in a cooler. I've gotten my ideas from a number of books, Clean Diet, Superfoods RX, Don't Say Diet, Grocery Store Diet. Finally I found I can't follow a diet, that I feel empowered to create MY OWN plan from various ideas and sources. With time I'll modify my menus but for now I'm just PROUD to have gotten this far!!!!!!!

Aldebaran
02-24-2008, 10:42 PM
I walked fast paced relentlessly for about an hour and a half, with a stop to do 20 minutes of tai ji.

My feet hurt like ****, "these shoes weren't made for walking, and hurt just they will do, one of these days my feet will fall off.. nananananaa"

Hat Trick
02-25-2008, 11:26 AM
I didn't want or eat anything after dinner last night. Sweet potatoes rock!!

chickyboo
02-25-2008, 05:33 PM
Today I feel proud - i know i know i already said it in my own thread butttt - Today I feel proud that I am on day#2 and that I came back to 3fc and will stick to it!

DaisyNicole
02-26-2008, 01:27 PM
yesterday i budgeted in order to include 1/2 of a brownie for dessert after dinner. I ate it and was STILL under my 1800 calorie limit! HURRAH!

Hat Trick
02-26-2008, 09:42 PM
8:40 p.m. and am sitting at 1500 cals for the day. Werther's original hard candies - 3 for 70 cals - help satisfy the sweet tooth. Club soda is my friend.

IndianaGirl
02-26-2008, 11:09 PM
A 45 min work out! I've been doing about 25min but had an energy surge and just kept going this evening! I feel great!

ImpalaHoarder
02-27-2008, 05:13 AM
Even though I was exhausted I stopped a binge in its tracks with minimal damage and a 200 calorie deficit to spare!

DMPLS
02-27-2008, 07:49 AM
DD made peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.....I took the time to put the recipe on TDP to find out the calories.....and documented my 5 cookies to count the calories........still didn't go over on my calories yesterday!

Hat Trick
03-08-2008, 09:40 AM
I decided to really look into yoga some more and just got "Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss'. (Just as an aside, I research any dvd I'm thinking bout buying on Collage video and on here but found a great site to purchase from, TotalFitnessDvds -- http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Shop/Control/fp/SFV/32365 -- I only paid $10.74, that includes shipping, for this dvd. It sells other places for $14.95 + S/H)

Talking to my brother yesterday, they have a lot of vhs movies and exercise tapes they're getting rid of. I'm not picky! So more exercise tapes to choose from.

Proud to be incorporating a much bigger variety of movement into my life. :)

seranab
03-08-2008, 12:02 PM
I realised that today, I am able to wear clothing that I haven't been able to for a whole YEAR (i bought some new clothes this time last year and wasn't able to wear them)!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!

Hat Trick
03-08-2008, 03:33 PM
I'm proud to say I've discovered a way to enjoy my fav snicky-snack -- popcorn -- while not blowing it w/cals on butter. Hot air popped, spray w/some non-stick butter flavored stuff, hit it w/some kosher salt. 150 cals for a whole bowl. What a deal! :D

Hat Trick
03-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Dinner tonight was burgers - made at home. Was going to have mine just on a plate and give in and have 1 serving of fries (150 cals). I opted for two slices of toasted light whole wheat bread (80 cals for both slices) and 1 cup of broccoli instead. Yeah! Saved the cals, got some fiber, and feel much fuller than if I had not eaten the toast!!

ManDy29
03-08-2008, 10:39 PM
I got up and braved the cold and remaing snow, and my son and I went for a walk, well, he rode his scooter. We walked all the way across town to the "park", its more of a national forest. Everything was snow covered and really pretty. We had a great time together. Much better than sitting at home worrying about my seemingly failing relationship with my boyfriend like I have been the past few days. :)

JimmieLynn
03-08-2008, 11:20 PM
I did my regular work out early this morning and did some work in my backyard this afternoon even though i REALLY wanted to take a nap!

KimL1214
03-08-2008, 11:21 PM
I ignored the fact that I HATE bathing suits and went swimming yesterday for my workout.

gailr42
03-08-2008, 11:52 PM
I made myself a delicious dinner and I actually used "real" recipes. All of the components of my dinner were consistent with clean, low fat/low calorie eating. My dessert was a cup of herbal tea and a square of 72% chocolate.

I am proud of myself for spending most of Thursday cooking, portioning, and freezing three different soups for my lunches/snacks. I can eat soup every day for more than a month.

Hat Trick
03-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Finally, finally, finally got the scale to drop a lb. :cp: :yes::yes::yes: :cp: Cut the cals the past 2 days just by about 100 cals each day (to around 1400). Also lost 1 inch each in my bust, waist and hips. YEAH! :carrot: :cool:

ManDy29
03-09-2008, 09:14 PM
:cheer: I hopped on the scale today and I lost 4 more pounds this week! :cheer:

SouthLake
03-10-2008, 02:43 AM
I went skiing yesterday for the first time in 9 years. Scary at first but SO FUN! And, the more I'm outdoors, the more I want to be outdoors.

horsey
03-10-2008, 03:10 AM
I went "running" with my boy as he rode his bike. I was amazed at my energy, how far I could run, how fit I felt. I few months ago I wouldn't have felt like this AT ALL. It's been winter and we've been cooped up inside. I don't think of myself as a runner but perhaps it'll be my next workout for a time. That runner's high is good...