Weight Loss Support - St. Pat's Poundage Pledge Party

View Full Version : St. Pat's Poundage Pledge Party

Amarantha2
02-14-2002, 11:21 AM
Name courtesy of Angel-Eyes, who was the first to post on St. V's Day. I am on day one of a new streak, having eaten my way through a 12-hour car trip yesterday for yet another job interview.

My St. Pat's goal is the same 10 pounds from where I started on the 10th (e.g., "10 From The 10th). As always (I feel like the guy on the tape on Mission Impossible when I say this), I don't post my weight, but do post pounds lost or gained. I imagine I've gained this week, but c'est la vie!

My "streak" program is to eat a weekly average of between 1500-2000 calories, splurge days allowed! I exercise twice a day, but rest days are allowed! See ... I can't lose on this program (unless it be pounds).

I'm going to try to spend less time on the internet and more time exercising, too! :)

Congratulations to all who met their goals during the season just passed!

Top o' the mornin' ... we are LOSERS! Or MAINTAINERS! Ain't it great? :smug:

angel-eyes
02-14-2002, 12:45 PM
Hey there.....tOP O' THE MORNIN TO YOU!!! Well here I am ready and eager for my personal poundage pledge. I started mid-cycle to the St. V day thread and never really put forth a pledge. I really wasn't sure what ww's had in mind for me or if I could really stay within the guidelines. Now that I'm a seasoned ww..(after 3 glorious weeks!!) ....I will committ to a goal of or should I say.... A LOSS OF....(LETS BE POSTIVIE!!) of 8 lbs.

So I here by committ to the following:

1. Continue to journal and follow the ww's program.
2. Continue to drink and love the benefits of water and what it does for my body.
3. Start to incorporate excercise into my daily routine. This girl is got to "move and shake" things up abit.
4.Remain positive and see the "up" side and the virtues of my weight loss journey. This is a better me!!

I'm glad to be a part of this group, thanks for all your support!!

Amarantha2
02-14-2002, 09:41 PM
Ending my eating day at 1700 calories, with a.m. exercise of 20 jogwalking minutes. Need to do weights in a bit, slow and heavy as my usual jumpy circuit training sounds too tiring.

Angel-Eyes: Top o' the evening! Your plan sounds sensible and fun, especially the moving and shaking. You should have no trouble kissing eight pounds good-bye by March 15. Better than kissing the Blarney Stone, eh? I am glad you are a part of the group, too!

To All: Begorah! Have a wonderful evening.

JoJoJo2
02-15-2002, 09:02 PM
I'm still streaking to somewhere, now to St. Pat's Day.

My pledge to myself: continue to eat a balanced diet, continue to drink that water, continue to exercise regularly, continue to watch those carbs, and continue to keep myself in a happy, positive frame of mind.

Each day gives us the opportunity to restart ourselves. Isn't that great!!!

Amarantha2
02-15-2002, 10:24 PM
Ending with 1640 calories, exercise consisted of 100 minutes of jogwalking broken up throughout the day, with 70 minutes done in the a.m.

JoJo2: Hello! Congratulations on your continued dedication to maintaining your healthy lifestyle.

All: Have a great weekend!;)

joshie's mommy
02-16-2002, 07:19 AM
Hello all!

Wow, I'm reading some great goals & pledges, ladies...way to go!!!

I weighed in yesterday am & lost 1 pound...HOORAY!!! I managed to meet the goal I set for St. V's day...that makes me feel good!

My pledge for St. Pats day...hmmm...gotta think for a second...it's 4 weeks away, right? Ok... My goal is 9 more pounds gone by then... If I work hard I know I can do it...

Can't wait till tonight, I'm going out with my best friend from NC who I haven't seen in 2 years...it's gonna be fun!

Allrighty ladies I'm outta here...have a great weekend...keep those posts coming...your support helps me keep going!

Staci
268/249/130??

Joanie
02-16-2002, 07:38 AM
Hey kids....Just want to know that I am joining your lucky group of lovely losers....and I am going to ditto exactly what Angel eyes said....We both started WW at the same time and if she can do it....well leapin' leprechauns, SO CAN I....so count me in and have a great week end!!! :D :D :D Love ya, Joanie

Amarantha2
02-16-2002, 08:36 PM
Ending with 1840 calories; exercise this a.m. was a 90-minute hike; Pilates later, just 10 minutes or so, as I have a bad headache. It is somewhat hot here and I'm feeling the desire for ice cream already!

Well, leapin' leprechauns, Joanie, hello, and top o'the morning to Joshie's Mommy, too!

So the Little Leapin' Leprechauns (I love that phrase, Joanie) commit to St. Patrick's Day streaks and poundage goals of:

Angel-Eyes: 8 down
JoJoJo2: Maintain
Joshie's Mommy: 9 down
Joanie: 11 down!!!
Crone: 10 down

Anyone else?

Joanie
02-17-2002, 12:20 AM
Hey Crone....wise woman....I am actually going to go for 11...so if you feel it necessary, you can edit the above total...when I said I was ditto angel :angel:, I meant for her thoughts/ ideas...sorry I was unclear....Have a good rest of the weekend....run from the icecream or try skinny cows :T ....hope the headache :dizzy: disappears...Love you, Jh :wave:

Amarantha2
02-17-2002, 01:20 PM
Leapin' Leprechauns, Joanie! You are going for 11 pounds by St. Pat's Party Day?! So, the poundage goals of the five Lovely Leprechaun Lasses read thusly:

Crone: 10 down, 9 to go

As you will no doubt NOTICE above: I lost a pound this week. At my slow losing rate and with the long horrible trip I took this week for a job interview, punctuated by long hours of eating evil stuff in the car, that's not bad. I've been really careful the past two days and somehow reached all of my exercise goals despite a desire to lie on couch and watch the Olympics, feeling smug that I do not have to live in SNOW!!!

On to Day 5!

angel-eyes
02-17-2002, 08:50 PM
Hi Ladies. I've been lyeing low lately, due to a pretty disappointing weighin on Saturday. But I'm back on plan now, and part of my problem was that even though I had the banked points for a dinner out.....my weigh in was early the next day. I think next time we have a "night of mexican" it will definitely NOT BE THE NIGHT BEFORE WEIGHIN!!! I was very good with calculating my pts etc, and still had a great time. This was the first time since moving here that dh and I went out. I'm sooo looking forward to being a "lovely leprechaun lassie" that I even want other people to be green with envy!!!....LOL Here's to our success!!!

sheila_220
02-18-2002, 01:29 AM
Hi everyone

I was lost in cyberspace for a few days but want to join your st. pats day challenge. I'm gonna go for 10lbs. I dropped another 3.5lbs. this week too leave me at 199lbs. I'm so psyched up being below 200.

sheila

Joanie
02-18-2002, 07:02 AM
Excellent job girlfriend.....One-derland as we used to call it, I believe....I can't "weight" to get back there! Congratulations.

Angel....don't be discouraged....just keep doing the great job you are doing....next week that old scale will be moving by leaps and bounds....some weeks are like that!!!!

Have a great day y'all....

Crone...I am an Olympic junkie....I was so glad to see the Canadian figure skaters get their just award....Jojojo you must be so proud!!!!

Love you....jh

Amarantha2
02-18-2002, 12:20 PM
Top o' the mid-morning to all Lovely Lithe Leprechaun Lasses!

Starting a new streak as yesterday's splurge day ran up to 2780, which is better than last week's high of 3008 (I was traveling and stressed, now I'm home and stressed). Exercise yesterday was 20 minutes of aerobics a.m., 10 minutes of pilates p.m.

Today, Old Dog and I jogwalked for an hour, although I had to keep stopping because she's a wimpy exerciser. Next time, she stays home. She agrees.

Sheila: Glad you dropped out of the cybervoid and into "Onderland" ... congratulations on your 3.5 pound loss.

Joanie: I loved the double gold ceremony, too. Both the Canadians and Russians showed such maturity and sportsmanlike conduct. Ditto the very young American skater "Apollo", who behaved so graciously after basically being shoved out of a gold medal (at least it looked to me as though he were shoved, but I am not the judge).

Does JoJoJo live in Canada?

Angel-Eyes: Here's to our success indeed! :) Those night before the weigh-ins are sometimes a problem for me, too. I occasionally compensate by waiting an extra hour in the a.m. before getting on the scale. It's important to my weight maintenance, though, to get on every single Sunday, but I don't place undue importance to a pound or so.

Let me know when the following needs updating:

Sheila: 10 down

Esto perpetua!

JoJoJo2
02-18-2002, 03:48 PM
I think Joanie got me mixed up with someone else. I live in Wyoming, which is still part of the USA. I don't think we have been annexed by Canada, but then maybe I have missed something -

I am on a five day streak of healthy eating, which amounts to a good streak for me. I'm not even really trying to lose more weight, I am pretty content with where I am now.

It seems to be a question of consistency, doesn't it? When we concentrate, we do well. But if we don't concentrate, things don't go as well as we would like. We all knowwhat we should be doing, but at times it is darn difficult toachieve perfection. After all, we are all only human.

So let's all do what we know we should be doing as together we forge ahead to St. Pat's Day.

Joanie
02-19-2002, 06:58 AM
Hey Jo Jo...I did get you mixed up....I am sorry...I know we had someone on here last year from Prince Edward Island.....because I remember the whole Anne of Green Gables discussion!!! I thought it was you.... Sorry....Oh well food deprivation will do that to you....no, maybe it is the drowning the brain cells in water!!! Ha ha...no matter....Have a great day y'all!!!! Jh

sheila_220
02-19-2002, 09:22 AM
how is everyone doing today? I'm doing really good, been on a streak of 9 days not counting my planned cheat day. which, by the way was only 2500 calories (I get full really fast with eating small meals for so long). :o

also been riding my bike everyday, even when I'm not planning on it. I find it gives me so much more energy to just go ahead and get a little exercise. Actually, I keep telling my husband I'm addicted to exercising. I just love that energy. :cool:

hope everyone has a great day! :s:

sheila

MomTo2Boys
02-19-2002, 10:24 AM
Hey girls...how are ya all? Sorry I have not posted in so long but had some major trouble with our landlords and so I took the boys and went to my moms house for the week until he cooled down.....lets just say he wasnt thrilled about the health dept being notified by boys peds about the mold problems that they wouldnt fix when we asked them.....so he came down while hubby was not home and harassed me for a while and had me so upset and crying I wasnt about to stay and take anymore of it.....but I am back now and we are seeing a loan officer on Thursday to see if we can get approved to buy a house!!!

Anyhow.....I cannot figure out how I lost weight while at my moms house since I ate without journaling and I ate things I SHOULDNT have.....but I did lose....I am down to 171lbs.....so I definately made my St V day goal....

I will pledge 8#'s for the st pats challenge too.....that would put me at an all time low of 163#'s which I havent been in YEARS

Hoping all of you are doing well.....gotta go....hubby is off work this week and we are off to finish up getting the things for Jesses bday party....take care all and have a great day......LisaL

Amarantha2
02-19-2002, 11:12 AM
Yo, all Lovely Leprechaun Lasses! :cool: I am having a super morning just thinking of our lovely more svelte future to come. Ended yesterday with 1760 calories. Exercise was 60 minutes of jogwalking in the a.m. with wimpy Old Dog and 30 minutes of just walking by myself in the evening. I've already done 30 minutes of weights today.

Momto2: Good for you for reporting the landlord to the health department! But psychotic landlords can be a huge problem, so be careful. Hope you get your house and get out soon. CONGRATULATIONS ON REACHING YOUR ST. V. GOAL!!!!

Sheila: A nine-day streak is fantastic ... and because your cheat day is planned, it's not a cheat! It's great that you ride your bike everyday. Exercise is just like being a kid again, isn't it? I feel that way when I go out for hikes, be they urban hikes or desert, or even when I just do my weights or any exercise session ... that I can really take time out of life for myself and just enjoy physical reality.

Joanie: Maybe the Canadian was Babette. She lived in a rural area in Canada and then moved to a city. It'd be great to hear from her again!! (Hint to Babette).

I grew up on Anne of Green Gables, read all the books over and over. I wonder if kids are still reading these?

JoJoJo2: Congratulations on your five-day streak! I think you are right that CONSISTENCY and CONCENTRATION are important words in waging life's battle. I know I struggle daily with these the twin demons of INCONSISTENCY and LACK OF CONCENTRATION. As I age, focus is more and more an issue, rather than less and less, as one would think.

Momto2Boys: 8 down

:D :devil: :) ;) :dizzy: :s: :smug: :p

Arabella
02-19-2002, 01:04 PM
Or was it "Anne of Green Gables"? Hi all -- yes t'was I here on PEI. Lucy Maud Montgomery was actually related to my mom, some kind of cousin I think. Mom remembers her visiting the house sometimes when she was a kid. It's a little hard for me to judge whether kids (read: girls) are still reading A of GG. I think at least in Canada they are though, especially since we had a fairly long running TV series based on the books. And we still get a lot of tourists here from all over the world that are here because they'd read them. The Japanese in particular are very taken with the books and sometimes come to get married at LM Montgomery's house (now part of the Provincial Parks system).

Q: Can I count the 3 pounds I've lost since my post Christmas weigh-in (WAY post Christmas - I think it was around the end of January before I got up the nerve)? I was looking at your list and felt like I hadn't made any progress, but then I remembered that I had. I was up 7 and lost 4. I bounced around a bit but this a.m. was at a net loss of 3. I'm going to aim for 10 off by St. Pat's. Hopefully 10 from where I am now... Oh, count me in!

Gotta scoot again. You are all doing GREAT!

Love to all,

babette

Hockeychic
02-19-2002, 01:48 PM
Hi Everyone, Babette another Canadian here, actually my family and I are heading to the east coast for vacation this summer and the first thing I want to see is Anne of Green Gables.

Well here is my story. Almost 36 married with 2 kids hit my altime high of 181 Dec 31/01 joinned the Val day challenge and made it I was hoping for 170 and that is were I am. I had a bad week but fortunatley didn't gain back, so I am back on looking for a challenge and I found you all.

I was aimming for 160 by March 31st so I will revise it to 6 pds by March 17th. NO make that 7 pds. I know I can do it...lol

Have a super loser of a day.

angel-eyes
02-19-2002, 03:18 PM
Hi Ladies. Yup....another canadian here...(or so I thought...)but am now living in North Carolina, and let me tell you about the weather,,,,IT IS FANTASTIC!!! Talk about an early spring!! The temp is 60f as compared to....ZERO!!! Nothing like a spring day to start you thinking about wearing those new clothes..(in a couple of sizes smaller). I just came back from the mall, and even had a nice lunch out. I checked Chick'fils lay...(sp?) for a grilled chicken burger and splurged for the 6 pts!! It was so de-lish. And I still have 13 pts for the rest of the day. I know ww's is working!! Glad to see so many posts!!...

Welcome back Mom....I missed you. Everywhere was so quiet with you gone. Glad to hear you had a nice visit with your mom. Not so nice though, to hear about your landlord problems. Please watch out, he could cause you some trouble. Hope to see you in chat tonight. tc

Amarantha2
02-19-2002, 04:49 PM
Just sat down to work a few minutes and looked in and found all these posts! Hooray. I bought a shamrock pin today to wear in honor of this challenge. I remember doing that last year and can't believe how long we've all been posting here.

BABETTE! I thought that was you up there on PEI! How lucky you are to have that tie to Anne ... so much "scope for the imagination!" Congratulations on your three pounds gone for good!

Hockeychic: Welcome to another Canadian, and congratulations on your loss as well. It's always fun to kick 10 pounds out of town.

Angel-Eyes: Know how you feel about your first warm spring after living in a cold climate. When I moved here from Indiana, I thought I was in heaven when my roses just went on blooming through Christmas, New Year's and beyond. Someone had to tell me I actually needed to cut the blooms off to force the plant to rest until February. I thought they were nuts. (Still do.)

Chick'n Fil-a (sp?) used to have those skewers of chicken that were really low in calories, but since I started eating meat again, I haven't seen the skewers. I wish they'd sell those again. But you gave me a good idea for tomorrow's lunch.

Tonight I am having flounder baked with lemon and diet butter, broccolini and rice. It beats a cookies 'n creme bar anyway.

Hockeychic: 7 down
Babette: 10 down!!!

Anytime anyone wants to update the list, you can just cut and paste into your post so we can know right away of everyone's success!

Joanie
02-19-2002, 05:59 PM
Hey Girlfriend....welcome back....who knew that the proper awarding of the gold medal in the pairs would bring you out of the woodwork!

I have had a great mean green streak here....I get weighed tomorrow at WW....so far I have been the biggest loser each week since we formed this group at work....a streak I definitely want to keep going!!!!

As a New Yorker transplanted to Atlanta, I am loving the beautiful year round weather too....

I am actually looking forward to getting weighed tomorrow, because I have had an excellent week...bringing my current streak to 4 weeks!!!!! Yahoo...Leapin' leprechauns
Later Gators Jh

joshie's mommy
02-19-2002, 08:06 PM
Hello all!!!

Angel, I had to laugh when I read your post...my best friend is from Charlotte, NC & flew home (IL) this past weekend & was complaining about how COLD it was here...(40's). I had to lecture her & tell her she'd been on the East coast too long, 40's is unseasonably warm here for February...she read me the riot act about how NC is unseasonably warm too, in the 60s right now....I'm a little jealous, but still grateful for the 40's here.

Anyway...glad to hear everyone pledging to join in...let's keep on truckin & meet those pledges ladies...I have been struggling with excercise this week due to illness...no energy...but I'm trying to push myself anyways.Here's hoping for a big loss on Friday...

Got to go, Joshie is trying to "help" me type,he's driving me insane because he wants to play his Power Rangers computer game.

Talk to you all soon.

Staci

Joanie
02-20-2002, 06:35 AM
Hey Guys...just wanted to check in and tell you all to be good today.....drink your water....run from the bad foods....exercise...and smile! You look mah-velous, you are one day closer to your goal! Good for you!...See ya, Jh :wave:

Arabella
02-20-2002, 08:03 AM
Crone, you are just too generous! I'm aiming for a 10 pound loss, and have lost 3 as of official weigh-in Monday. I resolve to just move the weight rather than wish it was gone, though.

I had the oddest experience watching a movie a while ago. A slim and pretty woman was suicidal, and it made me realize that, all my life (at least when I've been overweight), I've found it difficult to understand when anyone who looked great was depressed. The implication of that is: I believe my overweight is the only obstacle that keeps me from having as full and satisfying a life as I could and should have.

Logically, I know that is not the case, but in some ways, it IS. Because the weight is intricately connected with my spiritual, physical, and mental wellbeing and all of these suffer if one does. So, I come (again!) to the conclusion that I have to address all these areas to fix this problem. I don't know how much this is true for everyone, but it really is for me.

Joanie, so nice to "see" you here and doing so fabulously, too! You're an inspiration! We'll be back in Onederland before we know it, this time for keeps!

Staci, sounds like your weather is similar to ours on PEI -- we're thrilled with weather above freezing! It will be nice to get a chunk of weight off before we have real spring, too. Exciting!

Angel, send me a few of those balmy degrees would you -- or maybe I should get some from Crone instead, since she often has more than she needs!

Here's my revision:

Hockeychic: 7 down
Babette: 3 down, 7 to go

Everyone: You are all doing just incredibly well! Let's go out and make this a great day!

Love to all,

babette

angel-eyes
02-20-2002, 09:21 AM
Well ladies. I didn't think it possible to have and enjoy bacon and eggs while on ww's .....BUT I DID!!! My leader told me of a new product...(well new to her, but out in stores for awhile) and it the 'Oscar Myer' bacon. It is already cooked, and only takes 20seconds to cook. THREE PIECES ARE ONLY 2 POINTS!!!! So that with my egg beaters....was a great and satisfying "FRY UP"....I will tell you that the bacon is sliced very thin, but hey?...its still bacon!!! My total breakfast was 4.5 pts and that included 3 pc of toast, egg beaters scrambled style, and like I said, 3 pcs of bacon. de-lish!!! Try it and enjoy.

Hockeychic
02-20-2002, 10:32 AM
Well I am a happy chic this morning. First my weight in 169 that's down a pound 6 more to go.

But the best part was I bought a skirt back in Oct size 10 (not sure what I was thinking) but I couldn't even get it over my butt never mind do it up well this morning my daughter gave me a hug and told me I wasn't as squishy made me happy so I thought what the **** lets give it a try and it fit!!!!!!!!!! A little snug but not unconfortable. I am wearing it right now. When I see my hubby tonight and he asks if this is a new skirt I can honestly say what this old thing I have had it forever....lol

Have a loser of a day everyone.

Amarantha2
02-20-2002, 11:53 AM
Ended yesterday at 1920 calories; a.m. exercise was the 30 minutes of weights, p.m. a 65-minute fitness walk in the glorious sunset.

Hmmm. Babette, I'm sorry. I'm confusing myself with the way I typed the list. It's just the goals and success for St. Pat's. I couldn't figure out what everyone had lost or maintained during the St. V. Here's another try:

Angel-Eyes' Goal: Lose 8
JoJoJo2's Goal: Maintain
Joshie's Mommy's Goal: Lose 9
Joanie's Goal: Lose 11
Crone's Goal: Lose 10, 9 to go
Sheila's Goal: Lose 10
Momto2Boys' Goal: Lose 8
Hockeychic's Goal: Lose 7, 6 to go
Babette: Lose 10, 7 to go

We can just keep updating the list as we succeed!

You raise a good point, Babette about a common problem I think people have when they lose a good deal of weight. When I hit the 100-pounds down mark, I actually became severely depressed for a long time. Or at least the depression that I'd been repressing by focusing on weight slipped to the surface. It was like here I was thinner but no happier, no richer, no more successful in my career. But once I'd figured it out, I coped, because truly and really and absolutely, it is better to be without the weight. Whatever I have to face, it is better to face it without the weight. This is just a given for me and it's why I continue to place maintenance (including getting off these extra **** pounds) as right up there on my priority list because if I am not comfortable in my body, how can anything spiritual or intellectual ever be accomplished? So I guess, in some ways, I'm taking it the opposite way as you ... first my body, then all the rest.

CONGRATULATIONS, HOCKEYCHIC ON A POUND LOST TO THE VOID FOREVER! NOT TO MENTION YOUR NEW SIZE 10 SKIRT!

Angel-Eyes: Long ago I used to love bacon before I went vege. Now that I'm not, you've given me a new idea and I'm going to look for the kind you mentioned.

Joanie: Good luck on your weigh-in! You are right, we all do look marvelous!

Joshie's Mommy: Feel better! Sorry to give advice (perogative of crones), but you DON'T need to worry about exercise much when ill, especially if you have a temp. When I feel toxic in any way, I take lots of slow, meditative walks to improve my mood and feel better. It soothes my body and spirit and actually seems to detoxify my aging physique! Just sleeping is good, too, or plopping on couch to watch the Olympics!

:lol: :s: :p ;) :dizzy: :smug: :devil: :cool: :D :)

Amarantha2
02-20-2002, 11:57 PM
Finished eating (hopefully) at 3180 calories. Obviously, I'm calling this a splurge day! :devil:

Something just happened to my food resolve. I keep thinking about that job I'm obviously not going to get and eating more stuff. This is not a good trend at all, but I'm sure it's all under control now. (If you believe that, I have this bridge ...)

Exercise was good: 60 minutes of jogwalking a.m., 30 minutes of fitness walking p.m.

I am addicted to the Olympics and I'm so sad it's almost over. Probably won't watch T.V. again for years! It's not my favorite thing to do, but it's been fun.

I think I need to get a life!

:(

angel-eyes
02-21-2002, 09:26 AM
Hi Ladies. I can't tell you how tired I am from watching the Olympics every night....they are so riveting!! Last night watching Apolo Ohno on the short track, and the skeleton with Shea....all the excitement and very little sleep!! Every night I say...I must go to bed, and before you know it......its 11:30 again!! I have a bit of a routine, when I snuggle down to watch them at night, I bring my 1 litre of water and my chocolate ww's smoothie. And thats it....I don't move for the night..(well, except for the quick bathroom breaks)..Ha!! the olympics have all but eliminated my night time snacking!! NOW THATS A GREAT PLAN. Hope all of you are enjoying the games....tonight is Michelle Kwan and the ladies free skate. Hopefully I'll get some sleep soon. take care

Amarantha2
02-21-2002, 12:21 PM
Top o' the mornin'! I'm doing great halfway through day one of my new streak. Did a 10-minute fast walk & 30 minutes of weights & pilates. Eating under control.

Angel-Eyes: I like your Olympic plan. Yesterday I actually jogged in place during Apollo's whole race and some of the other stuff. I love the skeleton sled races, too. I didn't know it had been 54 years since it was an Olympic sport. Thought I'd seen it in there when I was a kid, but obviously not. No power on earth would make me slide down that ice tunnel on a little board like that.

Joanie's Goal: Lose 11

ONWARD & DOWNWARD, LOVELY LEPRECHAUN LASSES!

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :s: :s: :devil:

Arabella
02-21-2002, 01:49 PM
After a few unplanned snacks yesterday and then a big dinner, I felt stuffed. And, of course, realized that I was not going to lose weight that way. I know what I have to do to succeed, and I am going to do it. So I hereby commit to:

eat only at the table when I'm alone
eating only when I'm hungry
exercising every day
drinking at least 64 oz water every day
severely limiting sugar & processed foods
eat at least 6 fruit & veg servings a day

I'm not sure if I will journal & count points or not. I guess I'll see how this works out and decide on that basis. I really like the idea of making this a more natural process.

I had a little victory today -- I went to lunch with my Mom & a sister. I wasn't terribly hungry, but usually would have had something fairly substantial in any case. Today, though, I decided to just have a Greek salad (not a lot of feta or oil on it). It's a LONG time since I did anything like that and I can tell you it feels pretty good. I may have a bowl of soup later if I am hungry before dinner.

Crone, I love it that we're starting a new streak the same day, esp. since you are the streak queen! I'm going to try very hard to keep up with you :D

Love to All.

xo
babette

angel-eyes
02-21-2002, 10:39 PM
Good for you Babette!! Isn't it nice to be able to order well and what you're really hungry for? So nice to hear that you didn't feel pressured into ordering something you might later regret. Way to go!!

Well today was just a glorious day.....lots of sunshine and absolutely beautiful outside. It was so nice to sit outside and read. Since moving to NC, I now have the opportunity of staying home with my children. Thats the plus side, is spending more time with them....the down side is that the fridge often calls my name all day. I can't get used to that.....so I've been really watching that, and if I need a snack I try to let it be a 0-1 pt snack or a piece of fruit. WW's is a really easy program to follow and hopefully I will do well on my weighin on Saturday. Last week was terrible as I went out for dinner Friday night. My points allowed me quite alot of leeway, but I think the sodium just did me in!! Hope everyone is having a great week so far....TGIF..YEAH!!

Joanie
02-22-2002, 06:33 AM
Hey Gang....I am going to try this a second time

I lost a post....I attempted to cut/paste totals and edit mine in....It just isn't happening for me....one of you computer wizzes is going to have to do that for me! I went to my WW meeting and I am down 18.6 pounds!!!! I lost 4.4 this week....making me only have 6.6 more to go to reach my 11 pound Patty's day pledge....I can do this!!!!

Have a great day....Jh

Arabella
02-22-2002, 07:48 AM
Perfectly OP day yesterday:

eat only at the table when I'm alone
eating only when I'm hungry
exercising every day
drinking at least 64 oz water every day
severely limiting sugar & processed foods
eat at least 6 fruit & veg servings a day

Did all of these and had absolutely NO sugar or processed food. I feel a little moody today, but I will just do that -- continue to feel moody. It's not like eating more than I need ever made me feel better, anyway....

Joanie :eek: 4.4 more off! Congrats! And 18.6 off since you (re)started - FABULOUS!!!

Here are the new stats:

Joanie's Goal: Lose 11, 6.6 to go :D

Angel, being at home can really wreak havoc, can't it. It's all my time at home alone that made me set the limits that I have, seems like the only way I really have control. One day down with it, too.

Everyone: let's go out and make this a wonderful day!

Love to all,

babette :wave:

joshie's mommy
02-22-2002, 08:45 AM
Happy Friday everyone! Wow, lots of posts I had to catch up on & several from today already, and it's only 7:30 here!

Let me say CONGRATS to Joanie...4.4 down...good for you!!!:D

I weighed in this morning & was down 4 pounds...HOORAY!!!:cool: So that leaves 5 to go for my pledge...I can do this!

I've been growing really frustrated by the fact that this is such a SLOW process...I want this weight off NOW! I keep reminding myself that I didn't put it on overnight & it won't come off that way either but it's still a struggle...

I made tacos for supper last night...I don't usually cook on weekends so I try to make something on Thursday night that I can eat the leftovers during the weekend...anyways...don't know if I wanna do that this time...I had a taco salad last night with the lowfat Doritos, ff sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes, & meat,...but it gave me the WORST heartburn I have ever had in my life...felt like I was gonna die! I'm not sure if I just ate too much or if it had something to do with the fact that I skipped my usual nightly walk to go see Poppa or what...but I know I'm not in any hurry to repeat THAT!!! Maybe I'll let the DH have the leftovers this
time...:s:

Anyway...I need to run & get to work...Have a great weekend ladies!

Staci
268/245/130ish???

Amarantha2
02-22-2002, 09:27 PM
... but not a Hoo! :) Woke up to a flood today; pipe burst. Things went downhill after that, but I'm on top of it all now! Kind of. Sort of. Finishing calories at 1910. Exercise was 20 minutes of jogging in the a.m., the rest of the time it was cleaning and fixing the house after fixing pipe. Resting tonight.

Congratulations to Lovely "Loser" Leprechaun Lasses Joanie and Joshie's Mommy and to all who are staying OP!

Another update:

Joshie's Mommy's Goal: Lose 9, 5 to go
Joanie's Goal: Lose 11, 6.6 to go

Joshie's Mommy: I don't see four pounds down in a week as slow! You are doing fab and you have all the time in the world, so enjoy!
:D

Babette: Looks like you are very focused. It IS neat to start a streak on the same day as you. I'm going to try even harder not to break it.

Angel Eyes: It is beautiful here, too. I also have trouble staying away from calories since working at home. But then I have trouble staying away from them when I have jobs in newsrooms, too. So I think there's no help for me. I have the most control when I'm outside, though. I always feel better outside than in.

Downward, ever downward!

:dizzy: :devil: :dizzy: :s: :lol:

Joanie
02-23-2002, 09:11 AM
Hey gang, I got attacked by cheese dip last night....I stayed within my points, but I was still mad at my weakened self....so, I am here to tell you that I am going to be perfect today...Lot's of salad, water, veggies, exercise...somehow if I write it, I'll do it...so, Join me!!!! Have a good weekend! Jh

Arabella
02-23-2002, 10:41 AM
Made it through Streak Day 2! I did have a couple of glasses of wine last night and pizza with white flour crust, but those sorts of aberrations are part of the deal, as long as that's what they are and not something that happens frequently.

I'm really getting into the "not eating other than at the table when I'm alone" and "only eating when I'm hungry" parts of my plan. I'm sure that they saved me a thousand calories -- probably more! -- just in the past couple of days.

My triumph yesterday was forgoing pie and ice cream :D My son was here for lunch and i got him a big piece of a pie that my mom had brought over (Thanks, Mom! :devil: :rolleyes: ). I thought briefly of joining him, but thought "i am NOT hungry" and left it alone. And it didn't even bother me. Then, I didn't pick at cheese & etc while I was preparing dinner. This really begins to feel like freedom, and power.

My weight has bounced back up again, but I'm holding on, hoping it drops again in time for Monday weigh-in. More (glug, slosh) water, please!

Crone Sorry about your flood. Hope that there wasn't any damage to your house. Congrats on staying OP and not floating away on vanilla shakes, though. ;)

Staci, I agree. 4.4 pounds is FAST! In my books, that WOULD be considered overnight. You GO Girl!

Joanie Darn that cheese dip! But if you're within your points, don't worry about it!

Okay, Troops... Let's make this a perfect day!

xo
babette

Amarantha2
02-23-2002, 11:22 AM
Top o' The Morning Lovely Leaping Leprechaun Loser Lasses! I've been motivating myself this morning reading all of your posts. Everyone is doing so well, including me! I am reforming my eating one meal at time.

I have to run away now to the Emerald City where the Wizard of Oz will grant all my dietary management wishes, 'cause he's like that! I wonder if everyone in the Emerald City was Irish? Anyhow, have a great OP Saturday everyone.

Joshie's Mommy's Goal: Lose 9, 5 to go
Joanie's Goal: Lose 11, 6.6 to go
:D

sheila_220
02-23-2002, 03:42 PM
afternoon all,

I had to work midnight lastnight so I slept most of the day, the good part is I can't eat while I sleep. The bad news is I work in a gas station and I'm surrounded by food all night. But I was good. Yesterday completed a 12 day streak so far. can't wait to weigh in on monday.

well I'm gonna go get some exercise in. My sister has my 4 year old and they'll be here soon (along with my neice) They should give me enough exercise for a week. :lol: :?: :lol:

sheila

Amarantha2
02-24-2002, 12:07 AM
Top o' the evening, Leprechaun Losers!

I had a brief lapse and bought FOUR boxes of my favorite ice cream bars but only ate the crunchy cereal coating (no chocolate) off of six of the bars. I threw the rest out the door with a pile of rags from the big flood. I really need to clean up that pile before daylight so the neighbors don't wonder why there are boxes of ice cream bars with the rest of the mess!

CONGRATULATIONS, SHEILA, ON A 12-DAY STREAK! It's really an accomplishment to refrain from eating convenience food when it is all around you and you are working at night. Working late is the single highest contributing factor to my overeating, so I admire you.

Arabella
02-24-2002, 08:13 AM
I've maintained my new behaviour for 3 days - Yay me! I did have a couple of bites of an apple standing sole in my kitchen, but I had just forgotten that was verboten, so I didn't count it as going off-streak. I still was in the proper mindset (if it had been something unhealthy it might have been a different story).

Gotta scoot. End of month deadlines :p

Let's make this a fabulous day, Everyone!

xo
babette

angel-eyes
02-24-2002, 12:58 PM
Hi Ladiesand Leprechaun Lassies.....Since Thursday we've had my neice and boyfriend visit us, so I was very determined not to let "extra temptation" by the way of hostess wine, dinner out and extra "guest munching" get in my weight...(sorry, lol...way) of losing the 2.2lb I gained last week. I even excused myself and attended my regular meeting/weighin!!! I thought....why should I miss MY meeting, just because of visitors....this is a major breakthrough for me; with putting MYSELF first and making the time for ME!!! And to boot.....I lost the 2.2lbs!!! EVEN BETTER!!
YAHOO FOR ME!!! I really enjoyed her visit, but she's a high maintenance girl...(love her dearly, but...lol) I wish I could count the 2.2lbs lost towards my St. Pats goal....but this was a little weight bump and not really towards me losing "8 new lbs" of my goal. So count me at the same.....with nothing lost ....(YET) but...look out next week!! Hope you all have had a great weekend. The sun is shining right now and calling me outside for a walk. Enjoy!! bye

ps...crone....I can sympathize with your flood story.....while I was waiting for my company, I heard my dishwasher shut off. So I went to unload it only to find 1/2 inch of water over the entire floor due to my sink clogging and the dishwasher couldn't drain!!! Not to bad you say? well this was at 1 am!!!! we used oh...about 20 towels to sop up the mess.....yuck!!

sheila_220
02-24-2002, 03:31 PM
hello everyone

I was enjoying my 13 day streak, then I woke up to an ugly visit from tom, cramps and all. That should ruin tommorrows weigh-in. But I guess, onword and upword (or downword):smug:

Hope everyone else is doing good today, I've only got one more midnight then back to normal. thank heavens:devil:

bye:wave:

sheila