Old 02-15-2008, 07:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/144/135

Height: 5'6

Default getting there..

Well I gave birth three months ago(yesterday she was three months old) and I' went down from 225-215 after she made her way into the world.. now I'm about 166. I am 26lbs away from goal and I've been doing this on my own without attending meetings, but tracking religiously. My losses have been slowing down,only losing about 1lb-1.5 a week, but they do add up. I think that it has to do with my daily eating, I kind of sit in this comfort box and eat the same thing daily, low sugar oatmeal with a 2 pt chocolate fiber 1 bar mixed in, toast and a w.w yogurt, and lunch is a protein bar and then so forth.. I seem to eat the same thing because I've seen the scale continue to go down with the same thing.. my only fear is when I do start to eat other things besides that, I'm afraid I'll gain.. so Im kinda stuck in this habit. Any ideas on how to incorporate other things? Sounds simple, but having dealt with an E.D for the past 5 years, I'm quite picky when it comes to all of this. I did w.w 2 years ago and lost about 70lbs with it getting to my smallest, and I know this program is the best Ive ever tried, however, Im back in the same situation, not eating anything but what Im comfortable with and that defeats the whole purpose of the program in my opinion. I know I can't souly live on a group of certain foods, so now I want to incorporate others without having a gain.
Any good foods you guys can point out that you enjoy?
friend2borrowx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:14 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Yay for your progress so far. First of all, I'd recommend a daily vitamin, if you aren't already taking one. Good for you, recognizing that you could have trouble with ED again, and doing what you can to avoid that. Actually, the experts are saying that repetition in meals may be a good thing. I eat the same thing for breakfast, afternoon snack and evening snack almost every day. What I vary is my dinner. Usually, it consists of a salad greens, lean protein, some kind of grain/carb, with lots and veggies. I hope you get some good suggestions for meals from some of the others.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/144/135

Height: 5'6

When I went into Sheppard Pratt (Not sure if you h ave heard of that Clinic) they said varying was good, but I guess if I haven't completely stopped losing yet, it should be okay to keep with my consistant planned meals. I will try varying my dinners like you do, maybe that will boost my metabolism as well with using a different meal. I have trouble eating my extra points, should I try incorporating them now or would that cause a problem since Inever really used them when I first started?
I appreciate your support!
friend2borrowx is offline   Reply With Quote