Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2002, 05:51 PM   #1  

Default Excersie Tapes

Hi all,

I was hoping I could get some good suggestions on low impact excersise tapes. How to get alot of responses.

Thanks
Old 02-14-2002, 03:53 PM   #2  

Try this website: www.videofitness.com

They have tons of reviews of exercise tapes. They even have a "Personal Video Selector" which can help you find the best video for you (look under the site map).
Old 02-23-2002, 02:32 PM   #3  

Default Exercise Tapes

Try "The Sensual Art of Belly Dance" by Neena and Veena Bidasha, a 3-tape set that is the lowest-impact I've ever seen. I've danced them all myself (I have Achilles tendinitis) and have had no trouble. (No, I don't get a commission from the instructors, I just think they're excellent teachers.) Each tape has an upper-body isolation segment, a lower-body isolation segment, and a steps-and-turns segment, and one tape has a (very, very basic) segment on veil work as well. They do not cover floor work. They wear sport tops and bike shorts, so you can see everything they're doing, and at the end of each tape they teach the student a basic choreographed routine, done in costume so you can see what it should look like. If you begin to enjoy belly dance and decide you want to pursue it, I suggest a class with a live instructor if possible; although belly dance is much safer than ballet or modern dance, it is possible to hurt yourself belly dancing so a good teacher is helpful. You are very unlikely to injure yourself with anything shown on "The Sensual Art of Belly Dance," so don't worry.
Old 02-23-2002, 03:12 PM   #4  

Wink Have you looked into yoga

I am currently doing Rodney Yee Yoga for beginners. It lasts around 25 minutes and really benefits not only the body but the mind as well. I'm 5'2" and am currently 257 and I've been doing it around 2-3 times a week since January 16 and have discovered a wonderful physical benefit-I am no longer suffering from any back pain!!!! So be a little daring a give it a whirl.

Every minute, every moment that I continue onward, I become stronger in body, mind, and spirit.
Old 02-23-2002, 05:03 PM   #5  

Thanks for the replys I'll definetly try to check them out.

I would really like to get into yoga, it looks so relaxing, not sure how flexible I am, but I need to start moving and stretching, have very bad knee's so anything bouncy is out of the question.
Old 03-03-2002, 08:57 PM   #6  
Hang In There

Default Have you thought about Oxycise?

Check out the Oxycise.com or oxyciseplus.com site and see what you think about that. I've been doing it off and on for about two years and I think it's the most awsome workout I've ever done.

It is a controlled breathing exercise routine that includes isometric positions to target specific sites. It reall does work.
Old 03-03-2002, 09:33 PM   #7  

Gretetings!

This is a great site for exercise videos: www.collagevideo.com

I can highly recommend Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds video set. It's a series of 3 tapes and it comes with 2 weighted exercise balls. It's low impact, using variations on marching like knee lifts, side steps, and kicks. I love them!

Good luck!
bunbun
Old 03-06-2002, 07:52 AM   #8  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Hi Duckie,

I recommend one of the Basic Firm tapes. My favorite basic is the Hips, Butt, and Thighs. It is a good way to get started with strength training and has low-impact cardio as well. They also have good stretches interspersed throughout the tape. Just a good whole body exercise tape that will challenge you and at the same time not overwhelm you.
Old 03-18-2002, 04:12 PM   #9  

Smile Exercise Video's

Hello, I've been a member for a while but just started up again. I was reading the messages on exercise tapes. I agree with bunbun the Walk away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone is a great video. I like Tae Bo but the tape is packed away and couldn't get to it so I bought a new one. And well it was worth it. When I bought it the cashier said everyone says it's a great workout. And the best is you can walk and never leave the house. And its low impact workout.

Hope this imformation helps, paviap
Closed Thread