Weight Loss Support - 1 month and 18 lbs later....

View Full Version : 1 month and 18 lbs later....

2beautiful2Bfat
02-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Well today is one month since I beggan my diet/lifestyle change.
I have lost 18 lbs and gained so much more!! when I first began I really thought if it as a diet, as I have in the past when I attempted to lose weight. For the first time in my life I find myself not even dreaming about chocolates and twizzlers etc. I used to eat so much junk food and binge like you woudln't beleive and now I eat so healthily and enjoy it!! I just can't believe it. Even DH is starting to be more concsious about his food choices!! anyways I really owe all my success to 3FC!! I come on a few tiems a day and it keeps me motivated and whenever I feel like cheating I look at some of the progress and goal pics and that keeps me on track!!

Anyways thanks to everyone here!!

mommyagain3
02-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Wow great job!! How did you do it. I have been trying and trying but I only seem to lose 1lb a week if that!! Keep up the great work!!

bethbeth
02-14-2008, 02:10 PM
18 pounds in one month is amazing! Great job!

by the way...I love your screen name!

peachcake
02-14-2008, 02:16 PM
Congrats!

bambifox
02-14-2008, 02:32 PM
2B2BF - Wow!!! That's sooo great! A Big Congrats to you!!! BTW, which diet plan/WOE are you following??? I agree with you wholeheartedly...I come on (Low Carb Thread) pretty much everyday and find this site most motivating...it's made my weight loss journey much easier! All the best...keep on truckin' baby!! Joyce

jillnicole03
02-14-2008, 02:37 PM
That's sooo awesome. Good for you girl! What diet are you following or are you switching to healthy eating? Let us know :p I just started the Fat Smash Diet yesterday because I always read into different forums and I really liked how everyone seemed to lose weight :) Good Luck!

mommy2two
02-14-2008, 02:41 PM
WOAH thats awesome, CONGRATS!!!!!!

dandk0204
02-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Congratulations!!!

JayEll
02-14-2008, 03:08 PM
18 pounds in one month! Wow indeed! That's a LOT--more than 4 pounds a week. Are you following a healthy plan? If so, then congratulations! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Jay

ggmugsy
02-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Awesome job!!! Congratulations!!! :D

Janis427
02-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Do please tell us how you did such a fantastic job!! I want all your little dirty secrets. Great Job!!!

shelby897
02-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Yeah for you!! You are doing a great job. And, as always when someone is doing an awesome job, questions, questions, questions :D Do you find you are not craving the junk food anymore??

2beautiful2Bfat
02-14-2008, 05:32 PM
mommy: I basically started drinking 3 litres of water a day and eating pretty low carb low cal. I didn't begin exercising until after 2 weeks. If you want more info about what I eat I woudl be happy to share some of my meals with you. What type of plan are you doing?

beth: Thanks I chose it because someone once made that comment to me and it sort of always stuck in the back of my mind.

Joyce: I am doing a low cal low carb thing but don't think it is true low carb as
I do eat about 100 grams of carbs per day but mostly in the form of fruit and veggies. I eat bread only once a week.

Rosario
02-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Congratulations! That's an awesome loss!

2beautiful2Bfat
02-14-2008, 05:39 PM
I am doing a low carb low cal type thing but really my own sort of plan and I eat about 100 grams of carbs a day so i am not sure if this really counts as low carb.

jill can you tell me more about the fat smash?

Jay I am eating very healthily but you knwo in the beginning you lose alot - probably water. Last week I only lost 2 lbs and tomorrow is my official weigh in day so we will see but I don't think this week will be much more than 2 maybe 3.

Janis- I would be happy to share some tips with you. The thing that seems to be working for me is that I have a plan cheat day each week. I don't go crazy and pig out but I do eat bread on that day and dessert 2 x however I have small portions. This is something I intend to do forever as I do think a rich deseert once or 2x a week is plenty.

Shelby- I pretty much don't have cravings anymore except occasionally and they tend to be for healthy food. Which is unbeleivable because I used to eat 2 chocolate bars a day!!! I am too embarrassed to write down some of my eating habits but suffice it to say I was a real binge eater.

Another thing that really helped me was reading the book french womn don't get fat. It changed my relationship with food.

Thanks for the support everyone!

chubbywifeyIN
02-14-2008, 05:41 PM
i am jealous... lol... i mean happy for you! no really, that is amazing, i really hope i can post something like that soon!

2beautiful2Bfat
02-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Chubby- what type fo plan are you doing? As long as you stick to it you will have similar results! Welcome to the site and post often that's what helps me!

jillnicole03
02-14-2008, 09:43 PM
2beautiful2befat... Well the Fat Smash Diet is from the T.V. show 'Celebrity Fit CLub' and it is a book with 4 phases... the first phase is 9 days long and you can eat fruits & veggies except avocado or white potatoes, 1 cup skim milk, 1 cup oats, 12 oz yogurt, 2cups brown rice, 4 egg whites and 2cups herbal tea a day... I of course wouldn't eat everything in 1 day it is just what is allowed in the first 9 days and so many people on the forum lost between 5-15lbs in 9days! Then it slowly brings other foods into each 'phase'... it is a book and I picked it up at my library so I didn't even have to pay for it! It's really about changing your life for healthy eating and even though today is only day 2 I feel great! I'll let you know how much I lose on day 10!!! :)

JayEll
02-14-2008, 10:12 PM
We have a Fat Smash forum on 3FC. It has some interesting information in Sticky posts at the top.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=211

Jay

mommyagain3
02-14-2008, 11:04 PM
I follow a diet similar to weight watchers. Its called Thinsin. Basically its about weighing and measuring your food. I hate to weigh and measure so I only do that in the beginning to get a good eye for what i need to eat. I would love to hear about some of the things you were eating in a day. I tend to be real picky but I eat chicken and lots of veggies , i am not a red meat eater.

2beautiful2Bfat
02-15-2008, 04:39 AM
Jill thanx for the info please keep me posted!!

Jay I will check out the forum...thanks

mommy- I generally have a fruit for beakfast. These day it's usually an orange. It doesn't sound liek much ubut with 3 kids and carpools in the morning it is about all I can manage. Mid morning snack is either cucumber or some type of protein bar or my new found treat glenny's marshmallow treats!!
Yesterday for lunch I had one of my favorite lunches...portobello mushrooms with melted cheese and I added a side of cabbage slad. Now usually lunch is where I eat my bread substitute which is either triscuits (low sodium) or some type of flatbread. On days when I have bread I usually try to skip the flatbreads. When I do have flatbreads for lunch I eater have them with slami or cheese and some type of veggie. I also have non fat yogurt for dessert. Dinners are usually beef or chicken with a veggie and small bit of starch either pasta or couscous or polenta.

I am a major evening snacker so in the evening I have peanut butter and chocolate! It's my treat fro the day and it ensures I keep my calories up. I also may have an fternoon snack with my kids which is often prunes or nuts.

How long have you been doing thinsin? Do you have meetings like WW?

mommyagain3
02-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks for all of the tips. ThinsIn does have meetings but I do not go right now. Its expensive and being in grad school and working fulltime i just cant seem to find the time. I have the books and know exactly what to do but its just doing it. I typically eat 1 low fat waffle for breakfast with peanut butter and drink a fat free hot chocolate. Then have a fruit for a snack mid morning. I typically bring a salad for lunch and have another fruit or one of those 100 cal snacks for the afternoon. our dinner is usually chicken, potatoe and veggies. I love veggies. Sometimes we will have pasta but I limit my pasta and add tons of veggies. I have given up soda and just drink water ususally. On the occasion i will splurge. Friday nights we dont have any kids so we usually go out and treat or selves to dinner. I have actually gotten better at that but Im sure A great big salad at Chilis isnt all that great for you. Sometimes after the kids go to bed i will have fat free pudding with some cool whip, it takes care of my sweet tooth.

2beautiful2Bfat
02-15-2008, 11:59 AM
I here you about the time!1 I am also in grad school and have 3 kids! Your plan sounds quite good and very similar to mine although I stay away from potatoes. How long have you been at this and are you losing?

Where are the kids on friday night? What is in the chilli's salad?

The pudding sounds yummy!!

PaulaM
02-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Congratulations, that is wonderful!

mommyagain3
02-15-2008, 01:15 PM
I am divorced so that is their one night with their dad! I am a newly wed so we try and go out and do something together.
I love potatoes its one of my favorite foods but lately i have been trying to eat sweet potatoes. I am not really losing right now i was up one pound today. I am not sure why but I must not be fully committed. I have so much to be motivated for but for some reason its not helping. I plan on getting pregant in the fall but never lost any weight from when my 6 almost 7 year old was born. I just dont want to tack on more!!! Right now I am not exercising but I know you can lose some weight without it. Once it gets warm out here i will walk everyday out side with my dogs. Idid it last year and i felt great. Although I did not lose to much weight! I am not sure what else i need to do to make this start working!!!

Michele237
02-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Wow, that is phenomenal!! How did you do it? Are you exercising? Counting calories? :)

2beautiful2Bfat
02-16-2008, 08:14 PM
mommy- if you are not losing I suggest you track everything you put in your mouth for abotu 3 days to see where the problem is because based on the diet you mentioned you shoudl be losing unless your portions are too big.

Michele: Did you read some of my above posts? I have talked about my diet etc. I am now exercising every day with different videos but mainly cardio.

bambifox
02-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Mommy - I'm not too well versed in the Thinsin diet plan...but I was reading your post on your average daily menu and I think I know what could be sabatoging your weight loss efforts. It is true that you can loose weight without exercise...actually when most people start a diet regimen...they're too sluggish/out of shape to desire exercise. After 10-15 lb loss, they feel motivated, lighter on their feet and it is easier for them to start an exercise program (maybe just 10 min.).

Again, as I said, I think I see the culprit. Your sugar/refined carb intake seems to be quite high. It really doesn't seem like your eating "alot" of food, it seems that the problem may be the types of foods you are eating. Absent of "any diet plan" for that matter, a diet high in fiber, fruits (antioxidants), vegetables, legumes, nuts, raw vegetation (salads)...is probably the way to go. Try modifying your diet plan to include maybe some fresh fruit and a spoon of peanutbutter...maybe leave out the fat free hot chocolate (loaded with sugar)...and have a cup of splenda sweetened herbal tea or coffee...or sugar free hot cocoa; cut out the 100 cal snack (which by the way is also loaded with sugar) and replace with a sugar free treat (they make sooo many delishous varieties now); and for dinner, try leaving the potatoe out and perhaps try making a "mock" version of mashed potatoes (it's made with cauliflower and it really taste extremely similar to the regular stuff); If you must have the pasta, trying going for the high fiber pasta; Same with rice (make it brown rice). Myself, I'm on Atkins, cuz it's easy for me to follow...no calorie counting, no portion control, and the diet itself naturally acts as an appetite suppresant...I know...it's crazy, but you don't get that ravinous feeling of hunger or like your missing something. Hope this helps.:p

Thanks for all of the tips. ThinsIn does have meetings but I do not go right now. Its expensive and being in grad school and working fulltime i just cant seem to find the time. I have the books and know exactly what to do but its just doing it. I typically eat 1 low fat waffle for breakfast with peanut butter and drink a fat free hot chocolate. Then have a fruit for a snack mid morning. I typically bring a salad for lunch and have another fruit or one of those 100 cal snacks for the afternoon. our dinner is usually chicken, potatoe and veggies. I love veggies. Sometimes we will have pasta but I limit my pasta and add tons of veggies. I have given up soda and just drink water ususally. On the occasion i will splurge. Friday nights we dont have any kids so we usually go out and treat or selves to dinner. I have actually gotten better at that but Im sure A great big salad at Chilis isnt all that great for you. Sometimes after the kids go to bed i will have fat free pudding with some cool whip, it takes care of my sweet tooth.

mommyagain3
02-16-2008, 11:18 PM
Thank you so much for the advice. I will definately make some changes. The mashed potatoe ides sounds great but I dont know how that is made. do you have a recipe? I just gave up soda so giving up my hot chocolate is kinda out for a few weeks. i am a hot chocolate lover! As for the sugar free snacks , i am going grocery shopping tomorrow and I am going to look at them. thanks!

bambifox
02-16-2008, 11:34 PM
Have you ever tried splenda? If you haven't run to the supermarket and get some right away! If your like me and have an enormous sweet tooth...you'll love it. It really taste like sugar and no bitter aftertaste! Here's a site that I frequently use for making recipes (I can't cook to save my life...but I can follow a recipe:^:). It's named Linda's Low-Carb Recipes at http://genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
You'll find many "mock" recipes there...mock fried rice, mock mashed potatoes. The recipes are really soooo good that you won't believe that you can lose weight and eat it! Happy eating:D! Joyce

Thank you so much for the advice. I will definately make some changes. The mashed potatoe ides sounds great but I dont know how that is made. do you have a recipe? I just gave up soda so giving up my hot chocolate is kinda out for a few weeks. i am a hot chocolate lover! As for the sugar free snacks , i am going grocery shopping tomorrow and I am going to look at them. thanks!