South Beach Diet - Thursday Valentine's Day Chat

View Full Version : Thursday Valentine's Day Chat

cottagebythesea
02-14-2008, 06:54 AM
:val1::val3: HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! :val3::val1:

Our plans may be put on hold for this evening. I'm going to offer to keep the girls so Cindy and Richard can go out for a romantic dinner. That's the least I can do since I've had the past 2 days off. I sent Jake off to work with his favorite chocolate fudge cake to share with his co-workers, so he's a happy camper. :)

Plenty of sunshine is in our forecast for the day!

femmecreole
02-14-2008, 07:18 AM
Ah, Cottage, what a nice person you are to keep the kids! I'm sure Jake will be so proud to share that cake!

I'm making a lb cake this afternoon (the REALLY bad kind) because my son wants strawberry short cake for his birthday. He is coming over around 6 and we are going to eat raw and grilled oysters. Guess I'll cheat and have a few crackers with the raw ones.

Hope today is better than yesterday. I left work for a few minutes yesterday on my break...came back and someone had taken my (reserved) parking spot so I had to park elsewhere. After work I was completely stuck in wet soggy gravel. First, the principal called the school board to see if someone could get me out...they didn't have any trucks in the area after putting us on "hold"..then..Janitor tried to get my big car out with a lawn tractor (I wanted to call the towing company right away, but he insisted as did the office). Made it worse. Then he tried to get it out with a big rope and the school's food van. Rope popped. Worse again. By this time it was almost 2 hours after I should have been home. I finally called the towing company and they came a little while later and pulled it right out. Didn't charge me anything (their son is one of my clients. I had a feeling they would do it for nothing since I've done emergency work for their son and didn't charge anything for it) Wish I would have not listened and called them right away! So that put me several hours behind in starting work here. I didn't finish working till after 10p.m and had started at 4 a.m.....grrrrrr.

Happy Valentines day (no flowers or candy for me....I got some new pots!!)

cottagebythesea
02-14-2008, 07:41 AM
Cat, I hope you have a better day today, too! That was an awful experience to have to go through yesterday. Did you ever find out who it was that parked in your spot? Shame on them!

Loriann7
02-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Cottage, I'll take some cake!!!!!!

Cat, sorry about your ordeal! Hate when that happens! (we've all been there a time or two). My first day on my last job. 9/11/00. I headed to town to drop the kid off at the school and I didn't have any steering! I pulled (and I mean pulled) into a gas station and lifted the hood, the belt was loose. Easy fix?> NOT. It was the belt tensioner! I never made it to work that day! Not good for a first day! LOL. Or the time, about two months later, the same car... the hood flew up while driving it, totaled the car! YIKES! Again, got to work late.

Anyway, things aren't going welll in the eating area h ere. Not sure why. Will have to revamp today.

Schmoodle
02-14-2008, 08:11 AM
Happy Valentine's Day chicks!
Hope you have plans to snuggle with your sweetie today!
Well, Kara, I know you don't and I don't, but we can snuggle with the kiddies anyway.
Today is wonderful because: Tomorrow is Friday; My kids have school today! Survivor is on tonight.

I would definitely want revenge Cat. Do you know who did it? Could we flood them with angry e-mails?
Cottage, that is very selfless of you to sacrifice your V-day for Cindy. Does she know what a treasure you are? At least we do!
Loriann, back away from the cake! V-Day is a great day to get back on track.
:wave: CarCar!

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/Schmoodlethefirst/catday.gif

THINBYJUNE
02-14-2008, 08:24 AM
:val1:Happy Valentine's Day:val1:

Cottage That is so sweet of you to keep the girls tonight. Have a fantastic day.

Femme If you see the car again I think you should let the air out of their tires and send them back to all the same people who tried to help you for assistance ;)

:wave: Loriann

Schmoodle How did the weigh in go? I was sending you happy weigh in thoughts :)

Me Back to work today. I took off yesterday as it was the 2 year anniversary since my dad passed away. We always go to the beach where we scattered his ashes and have lunch. It was a very nice day yesterday but back to work today. DF is taking me out to dinner after work but NO presents. Have a great day everyone.

CyndiM
02-14-2008, 08:40 AM
Morning Chicks!

Just a quickie this morning. Apparently we have a lot of black ice so I need to leave extra time for driving.

I tried straining plain fat free yogurt overnight to make my own greek yogurt. I would say that the texture was very close, though not quite as smooth and the taste was right on. I drained out a lot of whey (the stuff with the milk sugar in it!). I had a bowl of the strained yogurt with frozen blueberries and slivered almonds for breakfast. Yum! Thanks to the person who suggested the coffee filter method. I have lots of unused filters because we bought a coffeemaker with a non-disposable filter a few months ago. More yogurt tonight!

I'll try to get back later for personals. We have a new boss so I'm trying to behave a little ;)

Ruthxxx
02-14-2008, 08:45 AM
Cottage, I'm sure Cindy appreciates you. She and the girls are very lucky.

Cat, the rotter! I'd let air out of two tires and really fix them. By the way, I adore oysters!

Schmoodle, kiddie cuddling is as good as doggie cuddling and you don't need to deal with men. Nice card!

Loriann, I hope you easily get back on track today.

Thin, what a good idea to have a picnic on the beach - a nice tradition.

I'm already having my cuddle with my darling Hershey. It'll be a quiet day except for the visit from Tim the PT guy. I was pretty darned sore yesterday and loafed around in my robe a lot. Today I need to pull it together. The good news is that the leg is now strong enough that I don't need the walker all the time. Now to get that darned knee bent!

Sunshine here today but I suspect more white stuff is on the way! We are having a "normal" Canadian winter but everyone is crabbing a lot! Easy for me to criticize when I don't need to go outside. :lol:

Ruthxxx
02-14-2008, 08:46 AM
CindiM, careful out there! I detest black ice.

femmecreole
02-14-2008, 09:10 AM
Probably a parent picking up a sick kid or bring something to school or a student teacher there to observe took my spot. I usually put a sign on the fence when I leave for my break that says "Back in 15 minutes..please don't take my reserved parking place"...for some reason I didn't because there were a lot of empty spaces they could have chosen from. Had no idea the spot I ended up parking in was full of water...couldn't see it in the gravel when I parked there. When I started the car later, I just spun in the soggy mess.

today HAS to be better.

GONNABE165
02-14-2008, 09:47 AM
:val1: Happy Valentines Day! :val1:

Cottage you are such a sweetie

Cat how dare that person

Good luck with your eating Loriann

Schmoodle :hug:

Dawn that is such a great way to remember your dad. It's only been 4 months since my dad passed and for valentines he gets a dozen red roses at his grave - boy do I miss him

Hi Cyndi I'm not sure what black ice is but be careful

Ruth thats good news about the walker. Hang in there and that knee will be as good as new

ME - tonight is dinner at Chart House. I didn't make my valenting goal which all in all with what I have gone through I came in at 1.8lbs up from where I started.

Pacergal29
02-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Happy V-day to all you chicks! :val3:

Cottage how sweet of you to watch the kids!

Cat here's hoping for a better day!

Loriann good luck getting back on plan today.

Schmoodle enjoy your day!

Dawn glad you had a good day yesterday, have fun tonight!

Cyndi guess I am going to have to give this yogurt a try, your breakfast sounds better than my oatmeal.

Ruth sounds like your making great progress, keep plugging along!

Me Yet another busy day at work, thinking it may get ugly today since everyone will be here and they are going to be told they need to step it up and help a bit!

I'm getting spoiled at home, DD has cooked every night this week and is cooking again tonight! DH is sending her flowers to school today, its nice to see them finally getting along even if he is driving me crazy! :dizzy: We shall see what the day holds, I really need to go him something but he is so stinking hard to buy for!

Alright I have to get busy, NASCAR has the dual races today at 2 and being a huge fan I will have them on and my production will slow! :devil:

Have a great day ladies!

tomandkara
02-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Happy Hearts Day!

We found out last night that a very close friend who has been quite sick got a new heart yesterday and pulled through the surgery well. This morning his heart is beating on its own and he's getting his breathing tubes out already! He's only 30 years old and has two young boys and a wonderful wife. He and Tom were stationed at the Air Force Honor Guard together when we were in D.C. and he just all of a sudden got sick one day. The doctor who did the transplant said his heart wouldn't have lasted more than a couple more weeks. What a special day for them! He's been called at least twice to come down for a new heart and then had to go back home without one, so this is a true answered prayer.

Talked to Tom this morning and he hasn't heard whether he officially got the spot in the March class. Hoping for word tomorrow! God is good and will take care of us, regardless, but this March class sure fits into our schedule better than the May one!

Linda, have fun with the girls tonight if you spend the evening with them! I'm sure they've missed you the last two days!

Cat, I do hope your day is better than yesterday! Glad you got the towing for free!

Lori, write down your plan and stick to it. For some reason, having things on paper makes me feel more accountable!

Schmoodle, I'd so give you a snuggle if we were just a tiny bit closer. :hug: We'll make it through! What's your countdown? And how did your weigh in go???

Dawn, I'm glad you had a nice memorial at the beach yesterday! That's such a special tradition!

Cyndi, blueberries and slivered almonds are one of my favorite yogurt mix-ins. We also love pureed mango! Makes it taste like ice cream!

Ruth, good luck getting your knee bent! I spent the majority of yesterday in my PJs, too. It was so dreary and blah. But today is bright and sunny and I should go get dressed.

Gonna, enjoy your dinner tonight!

Stephanie, enjoy your daughter's dinner! What a sweetie your husband is to send her flowers!

I'm off to get Connor started on school.

Kara

Pacergal29
02-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Gonna sorry I missed you, hope you have a good day. Saw your post from lastnight and hugs to you. Glad you and your mom can talk it out, wish I had been that lucky when I lost my dad but I was young and dumb (teenager) and thought only of myself.

GONNABE165
02-14-2008, 10:03 AM
Morning Stephanie That is so sweet what your dh is doing for your dd - my dad did that for me one year and now looking back at it it was better than any boy ever buying me flowers

Kara I read your post from lastnight about your friend and I'm glad to hear all is looking good I'll keep you and your friends in my thoughts & prayers
I also want to thank you for being away from your dh on valentines day for me. I always try to do a lil something for my cousins wife when ever he is not here to spend Vday with her as he has been to Iraq 3 times (marines) He retires in May and will then go to work with the FBI

tomandkara
02-14-2008, 10:05 AM
Aw, thanks, Gonna! Valentine's isn't a biggie. We've spent every Christmas, Thanksgiving, and birthday together (except Kadyn's second - but we saw him a week later) since we got married. 28 days left!

Kara

beachgal
02-14-2008, 10:08 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/AhhItsAimee/MySpace%20Icons/b61116dc.gif

Cottage, you are such an angel! I hope Cindy & Richard realize how lucky they are to have you! I was just listening to the radio and a couple was on that said they'd love to go out, but couldn't find a sitter for their daughters. My parents always stayed home with us and made it a family Valentine's Day. I loved that--and I think it led to my current beliefs that V-day is a day for anyone who loves and is loved: in short, for EVERYONE! :love: Hope you and the girls have fun!

What a miserable experience with the parking lot, Cat! I know how frustrating it is when you're trying to be nice and let people help, but you know it'd work much better if you just did what you know would work. :shrug: You did a mitzvah, as my Jewish Bobie would say...but I wish it didn't leave you up until all hours! :hug: Can you get in a nap today?

Loriann, you sure had some awful experiences with that car! I can't believe the hood flew up! :fr: Aren't you glad you're rid of it? Sorry the eating isn't going well. Want to share what's happening? There might be a Beachie or two who has gone through it and can let you know what they did. :hug: Here's some :dust: just in case, in the meantime!

Schmoodle, it's nice to see you feeling happier! :goodvibes: What a gorgeous kitty you posted! Both my parents and my sister have calico kitties. They're a handful, but so much fun, too!

Thin, I love your idea for Cat! :s: I'm so sorry about your dad, :angel: but it sounds like you have a wonderful way of remembering him. :hug: Where are you going out tonight? I miss the restaurants back home...

Drive safe, CyndiM!

Ah, Ruth, I don't think you crabbed a lot about the snow even when you were waist-deep in it and digging the puppies out! You're a good egg! So glad the knee is feeling better. Keep up the exercises...and the cuddles. I hear doggie snuggling is VERY good for recouperation! ;) I second your advice to Schmoodle...I gave my best friend (who's single) a book for Christmas called, "Why Dogs are Better than Men!" :lol:

Me:
DH woke me up to put a card on my pillow this morning. What a sweetie! :love:

Not sure what my plans are tonight. Told DH to surprise me--if we don't go out tonight, I'd like to try going to the 6:30 yoga class with DH (if he'll go) at the gym. Not sure if I'll go home and try to shovel the icy yuck or go to the gym for cardio first, though. Guess it depends on how much heat we get today--I don't relish the thought of going after the sidewalks with an ice pick! :fr: If we go out, I might go home early. We'll see...

Hope everyone has a lovely, loving, day!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/beachgalgarner/valentineworld.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/beachgalgarner/hamstervalentine.gif

beachgal
02-14-2008, 10:14 AM
:grouphug: to everyone I missed while I was looking for Valentine's images! :wave:

Kara, you and all the men and women who are missing their military partners today are especially in my heart. :hug: Glad you'll be hanging out with the kiddos and family!

Stephanie, I love that your DH is sending flowers to your DD!!!!!!!!!! :love: I agree with Gonna--it's worth so much more than any boyfriend doing that...SO special!

Gonna, don't beat yourself up! Have a fabulous dinner and start again tomorrow. I love this quote ----> "It's never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot (who is a woman)

browneyedgirl77
02-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Hey Chicks!
Hauoli La O Lonoikeaweawealoha!
I'm in the same boat as Kara and Schmoo no DH to cuddle:( But 3 little girls do the job pretty well. Last night around 7pm my doorbell rang and I opened the door and there on my doorstep was a box of flowers. In the box was 24 long stem roses and a cute little box of chocolate. I was so surprised that I started crying.lol This is the first time DH has ever done something like this. Usually he stops on his way home from work and picks up those flowers from the gas station.lol The funny thing is that last year I complained about how he has never gotten me chocolates ever. The roses were rainbow colored just like I like them. Go figure! Even though DH isn't here this is still one of my best if not the best Valentine's Days I ever had. Not because of the flowers but because my DH actually listens to me. Who knew?:)
Cottage- that's so sweet of you to watch the girls. I bet Cyndi will appreciate it a lot.
Cat Wow, such a horrible ordeal. Today can only be better. When I was a little girl I would always ask for strawberry shortcake for my birthday. My mom never ever made it for me not once. I think I lucked out on her not making one though. She once made a chocolate cake that looked like something out of a magazine but it ended up tasting like RAID. :o
Gonna, Ruth, Cyndi, Thin and Loriann:wave:
Have a great V-DAY

Schmoodle
02-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Well, Dawn and kara, I was hoping nobody would remember, but since you asked, the grand weigh-in was (sound of trumpets) exactly the same as 3 1/2 weeks ago! thanks for the good thoughts anyway! It's okay, I didn't have the right to expect any better - I have not been perfectly on-plan and I haven't been keeping up with the exercise either. Also, it is pre-TOM (sorry Tom). I was hoping for a little movement, but that's the way the ball bounces, and there is no looking back or quitting. I do want to give some thought as to whether or not avoiding the scale had anything to do with it. I don't consider it a plateau, rather totally self-inflicted.

So, here's some good things about the number 194:
It's the least I've weighed in about 10 years.
It is not a gain.
It is under 200.
It is still about 5 pounds less than I was on January 1.

I'm gonna have to get to work now, but I'll come back later and catch up with all the other chicks I missed. Have a good one!

tammie00
02-14-2008, 10:27 AM
Morning All

We are staying in tonight becasue we have a big welcome home party tomorrow night. I am not looking foward to it. LOL I will eat before I go because I have no idea what they will be serving.

Kara and Smoodle Sorry your without your sweeties. I always say as long as I have someone to celebrate with my kids or friends. I can't tell you how many anniversaries, valentines days, and birthdays I have gone out with the girls to celebrate. LOL Our 6th anniversary was the first one dh and I were together for. LOL But Hey LOL I get better gifts when he is away. Maybe cause when he is here I say don't get anything. I don't need anything. LOL
I told dh I didn't want flowers I wanted cute shoes to wear to my Mary Kay conference in April. Cute but comfortable.

Ruth Dont rush the recovery. Your doing great but we don't want you to hurt yourself.

Cottage YOur a gem.

This is the first time in our "parent lives" that we have had a great babysitter. I told her mom that when we move she was moving with me because I don't wanna leave her.

Today I am going up to the kids school. OUr PTA sold balloons with little message for the kids to give to each other, parents to give, etc. A few days ago we were at 600 plus balloons. LOL So I will be there all day helping blow up balloons.

Tammie

tkglenn
02-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Kara-that is a true meaning of Happy Hearts Day. Good for your friend that his heart is beating on its own now. People are getting bad hearts and heart attacks at earlier ages nowadays. I used to know someone back home who had a 12 year neice who had a heart attack. They didn't know why but it ended up paralyzing her (it wasn't a stroke). But what a great accomplishment your friend has.

Browneyedgirl-awwww, that is soooo sweet. Soo lucky you. that just gave me an idea for my DH. I think I need to hurry and get my okole in gear this morning if I'm gonna do what I wanna do.

Everyone else-Happy Valentine's Day.

Me-No gift, no chocolates, no "Happy Valentine's Day", no nothing. How depressing. Tried to work things out with DH this morning. I keep telling myself that I'm not gonna let things just roll off my shoulder anymore becuase that's what I've done for so many years now but what did I end up doing? Just letting it roll off my shoulders. He totally doesn't remember anything he said to me to cause the argument. Then he tried changing it saying that he didn't say what he said, he said that he said something else. I know what I heard because it totally made me feel completely unappreciated. I think I just let things roll off my shoulder just to make things better. I get tired of crying and tired of arguing and tired of it all that I just let it roll off my shoulders. If not, it'll be one big circle of an argument. Nothing will get solved, DH is very stubborn. Just like his dad (don't tell him I said that).

well, hope everyone has wonderful little V-day gifts.

GONNABE165
02-14-2008, 10:54 AM
TK sometimes thats what we have to do - be the bigger person. Lifes to short to spend it mad & upset all the time theres so much more you & dh can put your time & energy into.

Since I lost my dad & aunt 4 months ago I have learned life can leave you at the blink of an eye and I will not spend my time worrying over small stuff.

Tell your dh you kove him and for now on you want to work anything out that comes yalls way

Good luck!

femmecreole
02-14-2008, 11:01 AM
tk...Just a little advice from someone who got remarried 16 years ago. Life is short. I realized one day that in the future I would wake up an old lady...did I want to spend my time between my present and my future unhappy or happy. I chose happy. Wasn't easy, wasn't pleasant, wished it had worked out but it didn't. My ex is a great guy, but he wasn't MY great guy. Instead of 2 unhappy people, it turned into 2 happy couples who were more suited to each other

bellaluna
02-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Cottage, you're so nice to send treats out in the world AND offer to babysit!!

Cat, what a trial yesterday with your car, OMG! Hope today is MUCH better!

Lori, sometimes it's harder than others, isn't it? I'm grumpy today about eating, myself. Not sure if it's the fact that I don't want to indulge and it's going to require some extra willpower today, or what. Anyway, hang in there!!

Schmoodle, that graphic is too cute. Hope you (and Kara) have fun snuggling the kiddos tonight! Way to look at the silver lining! And btw, your list of good things about the number is absolutely fabulous. You're doing great!!! Sometimes the body just needs to catch up to the efforts, you know?

Thin, that is a very sweet ritual you described. What a nice way to honor your father. Am sure it was an emotional day. :hug:

Cyndi, that sounds delish...I am intrigued!!! :)

Ruth, hooray on not needing the walker!! That's big news!!! :yay:

Gonna, you have been through so much lately...you're doing such a great job being strong and hanging in there. :hug:

Pacer, enjoy the races! That sounds like an exciting way to celebrate today!

Kara, good news about your friend! And hope everything works out just the way you need with Tom's class.

Laurie, your DH gets MAJOR gold stars for a card on your pillow! Awwww, that's adorable!!!

Brown, your DH gets MAJOR gold stars, too!!! So sweet!

Tammie, have fun blowing up balloons! Remember to breathe in between... :lol: That sounds like fun. :)

TK, so sorry about things...they'll get better...and we're sending you lots of hugs in the meantime!! :hug:

DH and I are not doing anything to celebrate...money's tight so we're just focusing on the kids and giving them small gifts. They have a party at school this afternoon, too, so I'll be going in after work today (of course we're having a snowstorm, so everything's that much more complicated but oh well). My eldest is so excited for the party that he didn't sleep last night! 'Member when holidays were the Be-All, End-All of Existence??? Tee hee.

http://www.thesmilies.com/valentineimages/18500000.gif (http://www.thesmilies.com)

Hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!

Kim_Star060404
02-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Happy Valentine's Day!!

(I'm not going to act like I'm on top of things -- totally forgot it was today! :o)

Cottage: Sounds like you made Cindy, Richard and Jake happy! What a catch you are for Jake!! ;) I have to say that there will be no baking at our house for the day - couldn't resist licking the bowl!! :D

Cat: :hug: What an awful day you had yesterday! Hope it's better today! Sounds like you lucked out this Valentine's Day. Pots sound much better than flowers and candy!!

Loriann: I think we're in the same boat. My eating hasn't been great either. Here's to getting back on track! :cheers:

Schmoodle: Happy Valentine's Day, Sweetie! You're doing so great and you blew past me -- that's another good thing about 194, you beat me to it! ;) Have a great day!

Dawn: What a beautiful way to remember your Dad. Hope your evening with DF is wonderful!

Cyndi: Your breakfast sounds delish! :hungry: I'm going to try that! Be careful on the road.

Ruth: Did you get that cabana boy we sent over the other day to help with your taxes? Not that you need help with your taxes, but I thought you might need a massage after! ;) Sounds like your recovery is going well - and I'm so glad!!

Gonna: Enjoy your dinner tonight! :wave:

Stephanie: That is why I am so glad the Spurs games are always on week-nights or on the weekend. I'd definitely be in hot water if they were on during the work day. Hope your day at work is good (and that everyone takes the talking-to well!)

Kim_Star060404
02-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Kara: PTL for your friend and his surgery. Hope everything goes well for his recovery. I'm still praying about Tom's class - I'm sure it will all work out for the best!

Laurie: I'm sure tonight will be a fun night for you and DH. I tried to tell my DH to surprise me and that didn't work too well. He kept calling me and asking if I would like to eat this or this or do this or this. Too funny. Hope the ice isn't too bad after work for you!

browneyedgirl: How sweet of your DH. They sure do redeem themselves when it counts, don't they?

tammie: Shoes are a great gift, IMO! I don't know how good my DH would be at picking them out, though. I hope yours does a good job! I'm sure he will!

tkglenn: :hug: I do hope things go well for you and DH. No matter what happens, it will be for the best. I really have no frame of reference to speak of, but the ladies here are so smart and experienced, I know they'll be able to help you! :grouphug:

Bella: I have to be honest and say that when I saw your avatar I saw a beautifully decorated butterfly cookie. Yummy. I think you and DH have the right idea in focusing on the kiddos. After all, they are a result of you and DH's love - what a great expression of your love!!

Me: DH woke me up this morning and said, "Happy Valentine's Day!" And I said, "What are you talking about...am I late for class?!" Luckily, he knows I'm a confused mess in the morning, so he just laughed while I apologized and said it back to him.

No Valentine's Day for us tonight. I've got Avon and homework and we have an "appointment" to discuss our Financial Peace University "homework". Tomorrow night will be an easy night for us, so DH is making me dinner and we'll just relax and enjoy eachother's company.

Well, I should be working as I have to leave for an eye appt. this afternoon. Need to get to work!

~Kim

tkglenn
02-14-2008, 02:57 PM
kim-yeah, i love the ladies here. they always have the best advice. maybe i should ask what to do about my dress!!!!

SlowMovingWoman
02-14-2008, 03:35 PM
" A HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL "

Awwhh, chocolate fudge cake, and strawberry short cake.
Sounds so yum, yum!!! :>)

A pox on the one who stole your parking space!

I once lived where I had assigned parking and nothing shot my
blood pressure up faster than coming home from a hard days
work and finding my space taken.

Kara - it made me feel good to read your friend got a new
heart and is doing well. I wish continued recovery.

No special plans for today. I got several e- Valentines cards
from friends and that made me feel very perky. My goal is
to stay on SB eating and get some walk time in. Also have
errands to run and of course household chores. I better
snap to it. A great day to all, SMW

bellaluna
02-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Kim: Tee hee! It does look like a cookie, but it's a jibbitz (to decorate crocs shoes). I actually DO have a pretty cookie one but didn't put it up because it makes me want to eat sweets. So I know what you mean and I'm sorry!!! :lol:

pamatga
02-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Well, I want to wish everyone a Happy V-Day. I don't usually celebrate this day. My DH is such a non-romantic kind of guy although he loves sex! I've got to get him to understand that the two are nice together. ;)

I decided that I would shave my legs, curl my hair (on my head!) and paint my fingernails red for the occasion. Red is the only color you can wear when your former long nails break off. I think anyway.

I did make my Mom's homemade fudge recipe. It is so much better than all of the store bought chocolates! Here we go again with allowing a trigger food to enter into my "domain". I am not even going to go there....

I will take the initiative and suggest to my DH that we go out to eat. I have an ulterior motive. I need a new vacuum cleaner and why not? It's not lingerie but I hate looking at all the "stuff" on the carpet too. And, I have only been married 5 years too. Can you imagine what I will be like in 10???

Schmoodle, I would kill for 194 right now. Tomandkara, he'll be home soon!
The rest of ya all, have a great remaining V-Day and night. Hope it's special.
:val1: :val2: :val3:

Cajun Girl
02-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Good afternoon ladies-- and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

Well, my Valentines day has been HORRIBLE so far! It is still all a result of the gas company! I leave work early and get home for the 4 o'clock- promise we will be out here appointment-- NOPE - so 5:30 - I call again and yep technician is coming out their work day goes until 7 - and if they arent there by then they work until all their orders are done! SO 10 minutes to 7-- fiance calls (of course b/c they are going to listen to him!) and they tell him the tech left to come to my house at 6:30--- so by 9:30 the customer service lines are closed-- no tech so I call and it says to press "1' if you ahve a gas leak-- well you guessed it-- I did-- I get some girl who tells me that the techs work up until midnight-- for me to wait up! at 12:10- I call again, and she tell me the tech came at 9:28- that my house is abandond and that the tech even called my cell phone-- NO! this poor lady got an ear full- but says there is nothing she can do-- she only works the emergency line for gas leaks -- that I have to call back in the morning! Not only all this- I have no gas to cook- cant even go to a restaurant -- so my fiance ran up to subway -- and Yes I did eat a sandwhich - I was starving! so Yes they had me get off my diet! grr!!!!!!!!

SO, 7:30am- I am on the phone calling them-- of course cant go into work - need to get the gas turned on -- I immediately tell the SCR-- nothing against her but I need her supervisor--- of course Mrs. Hightower is busy-- so I go thru the story with the CSR - who tells me that she is going to get with the supervisor and they are going to research it and call me back - and to insure that-she gives me her direct line!--- yeah right! 9:38- I call the direct line b/c I have heard nothing!-- and that line goes straight to vmail!

so I start calling the regular line and I get someone else on the phone-- who I tell that I want Mrs. Hightowers superviosr-- Finallly I get Danni on the phone-- who really is trying to help - so I think! He tells me that he is going to call and find out where my tech is and call me right back=--- he actually followed thru-- he tells me the tech is leaving his appointment now and headed to my house- will be there in 15-45 ,minutes- gives me his direct line --- I wait and I wait and wait--- (by the way-- so many things you cant do without gas!) I walk outside and see a Centerpoint energy truck 3 doors down-- Yeah - as I go over there to see if I am next-- he drives off andIS GONE! So I call back danni at 11:58-- leave him a vmail---- I call again at 12:20- another vmail-- so I try and call the main line again--- well " due to high call volume-- please leave a message and a Representative will call you back by 9pm tonight" ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

So I keep calling and finally get someone else-- as she is looking into it-- my fiance came home b/c I was truly about to go to these peoples corporate office and loose it! he tells me that a centerpoint energy truck is again 3 houses down-- and his name is eric - he said he cant help us- b/c that work order wasnt given to him!

Finally I get - yet another supervisor! Rose-- she proceeds to tell me that my tech is out at a gas leak in cypress- and has another gas leak to go to next then should head my way-- well -- that was the straw the broke the camels back! I was irrate! I was so upset that I still even now have a huge headach! I finally had to pass the phone off to my fiance -- he even got angry and started yelling at one point-- it was like we were trading off when one would get too worked up!
Finally - she tells us that - she has the technician who was assigned the order coming straight to my house when he finishs up the job he is at! She actually looks at the account and sincerely apologizes and says" wow, all this really did happen to you!" I said yes - it did ---- why on earth would I lie about this and keep this going!

Finally at 2:00- the tech shows and I finally got to work at 3!

I am so amazed at the service of Centerpoint Energy!

But oh well, this vday will just not rank up there with the Best one ever! LOL!

Time for a nice HOT bath and a glass of wine tonight!

Schmoodle
02-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Cajun Girl, glad you got all that straightened out! Nothing makes me crazier than trying to make other people do their jobs.

My VDay turned out pretty nice. DH called earlier to wish me Happy VDay. I was impressed that the even know it was today. He said he heard it on the radio last night. :rofl: He is very holiday challenged. Particularly American holidays - wait, isn't Valentine's Day American? I think it was started by Hallmark, wasn't it? They might have celebrated the Saint's Day feast in Europe, but only if you were named Valentine?

But I digress. My dad brought me 2 lbs. of Mennonite ground beef as a Valentine's present. I can truly say that is the first time I've ever received meat as a gift on any holiday! And he joined us at the Chinese Buffet. Left my mom home alone because she didn't feel up to going!

tomandkara
02-15-2008, 12:09 AM
I'm lonely. I seriously don't know how people do this for months at a time. It's been a freaking week and I'm about ready to fly back to Korea.

I must say, though, that I am super glad no one was "thoughtful" enough to buy me pounds of meat for Valentine's Day! Whew! (We really do need a wipe-the-forehead smiley!)

Kara

tkglenn
02-15-2008, 12:27 AM
Kara-you are so funny. Yeah, it's hard being away from our DH's. Even myself, as much as we argue and as much as I complain about his dumb PTSD, I still love him and when he's gone, I feel so homesick. He actually left this afternoon to go to Dallas to try for the police department. He won't be bakc till sometime this weekend. When he was working at his previous job, he would leave on Mondays to go out of town and wouldn't be back till friday night----every week. There wasn't one week he would be home. I hated it. It was good money but I couldn't stand being alone for the most part. Yeah, I liked having my space but it did get lonely (like how I'm feeling right now). I know how you feel. Then when he went to Iraq, that's a BIG different story. OMG, that was something else in itself. Talk about culture shock (but living in the same country as before he had left for Iraq) wow!!!

tomandkara
02-15-2008, 01:18 AM
Thanks, Tawnya. Hope your husband does well this weekend. I bet having an important job where he feels like he's "contributing to society" will help. Keep us updated!

Kara