General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-13-2008, 07:34 PM   #1  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Default What will you do if He buys you Chocolates?

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, the day of CHOCOLATES! So, here's your pre-holiday question:

What will you do if your husband/boyfriend/significant other buys you chocolates?

a) Eat them all immediately so he knows how much you appreciate them and, well...it's a good excuse to go off your diet plan.

b) Open the box and eat two, offer him a few, and save the rest for another day.

c) Yell at him for being so insensitive because he should have known you are on a diet.

D) Other.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 07:39 PM   #2  
for your health!

Height: 5'1"

I just had a long distance friend send me a WHOLE cheesecake today. I looove cheesecake, but when I had a slice I immediately felt guilty and really it did not taste as good as it used to! So I'm going to take it to work tomorrow and let everyone else enjoy it instead! But I won't let him know that!
punchthekeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:03 PM   #3  
Determined

S/C/G: 260/266/180

Height: 5'6

Just eat one a day.

I did that with some truffles I got recently. They really aren't bad if you just have one a day. And you can enjoy them longer!
twirlandswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

I'm with Twirly...one a day will satisfy me!
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:33 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Eat one and then offer them to him. He knows I don't care for chocolate while he likes it so he'd probably be the one eating them
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

My husband gave me a 1/2 lb chocolate bar, already. I'm usually pretty good with chocolate, not really craving it unless it's TOM. However, I've been avoiding sugar and starchy carbs and didn't think I was missing them until I put a square of that chocolate into my mouth. WOW, it was almost like a drug rush. I did give hubby a square and then got it right into the freezer, but it was tempting to down the bar in one sitting.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:07 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

My husband won't buy me chocolate. Not because I ask him not to but because we don't celebrate valentines and also he doesn't give me food items as gifts.

Although I did get a gift this year, while we were shopping a couple weeks ago, we saw a Charlie Brown Valentine's movie which he bought for me and said I couldn't watch until Valentine's day. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to watching it

We also keep dark chocolate in the house so maybe a piece of dark chocolate will be dessert.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

DH slipped and let me see the bag of Peanut M&M's he bought for me. In the right social setting (hanging out with family catching up) I can down a whole bag but when they are just laying around the house I do really well only eating a few a day.

**Shhhh, don't tell but I would have preferred a workout video or weights. Money is VERY tight here right now and I know the M&M's were cheaper so I am trying to be graceful about it.
zinkemomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:30 PM   #9  

If I had a man around and he bought me chocolates, I'd eat one.. then plead being stuffed. Take the rest to work with me on Friday and feed them to co-workers.

I would never yell at a man for giving me a gift, even if it was an inappropriate one. Don't want to stop the gift giving by scaring them
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:43 PM   #10  
FB

Get a divorce.

Just kidding. I know he won't. He's being awfully supportive right now after a fruitful talk. I think I got a Juiceman and an espresso maker, by request.

In the past I would have scarfed them all while watching trashy crime shows.

My MIL however sent home 10 pounds of Dove and Godiva dark chocolate with our son. No seriously, 10 pounds! Yikes! (I just told her *yesterday* about my recent weight loss success.)

What three year old boy do you know who has such extravagant chocolate tastes? Not mine. He likes tootsie rolls.

I think I'll do fine. I still have most of my Christmas chocolates in a bowl. I guess I'll just give them to a friend or take them to my office for my clients to enjoy.

Last edited by FB; 02-13-2008 at 09:47 PM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:59 PM   #11  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

He wouldn't dare! I have no doubt of it. But if some alien life form took over his body and he brought chocolate to me, I would thank him nicely, then tell him and the kids to eat up. He knows that I'm so close to my goal, I don't cheat unless it's something very very very special. Valentine's chocolate is just not that special.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:24 PM   #12  

I know I will get one of those cheesy big boxes of chocolate, because my husband always lets the kids pick out something and that's what I get -- they go right in the freezer -- so when I want one, I can have one (after a little defrosting) but can't possibly binge on them and yet my kids are happy that I "love" their gift!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:46 PM   #13  
Made of Starstuff

I'd say "Awww how sweet!" and mean it, because it's nice of someone to think of me. I'd then "accidentally" leave it at his place, and when he mentions it, I'd say "Why don't you go ahead and have a few? I'll get one later. "
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:51 PM   #14  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

well, being that me and DH have been fighting since sunday and aren't on talking terms, i won't be even getting a "happy valentine's" from him. even if we were talking, he wouldn't get me a damn thing. his excuse......"i'm too stressed to be thinking about that."
tkglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:53 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

If my Dad can count as "he"(I'm much too young to date!), which I know he probably will, then I'll thank him and probably have just 1 piece every other day.
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote