Support Groups - Losin'adies:the next generation!

View Full Version : Losin'adies:the next generation!

andreaphilip3
02-13-2008, 05:19 PM
if anyone is looking for friendly support come join us:)

bruniQ
02-13-2008, 07:55 PM
thanks andrea -- here I am! I only lost one pound this week but so be it... I'm not gonna let this get me down or go back to Phase 1 -- I'm just gonna stick it out and as Tim Gunn from the TV show Project Runway -- I'm gonna "MAKE IT WORK!" :-)

TO US!

best,
b

andreaphilip3
02-13-2008, 08:43 PM
hi bru!
glad you made it! ive a new friend that was on another thread that may want to join us. she gave up posting b/c the other 2 stopped posting. a lb is a lb! thats good for a week! i wi on sat's and i was only dn 1/2, but i took it...same as you.

bruniQ
02-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Hey again Andrea,

Have you seen the show "The Biggest Loser-Couples" ? Those people exercise about 4 hours a day every day and guess what -- even they have only 1 pound losses and even ZERO loss - - as long as we hang in there, WE WILL LOSE!

High five!

best,
b

andreaphilip3
02-14-2008, 12:21 AM
hi 5 b! thanks:)

yes i love that show---im guessing paul or kelly. how bout you? a friend is going to come join us...

bruniQ
02-14-2008, 12:51 PM
:val1:hi andrea! happy valentine's day!

what a unexpected surprise that Trent on the BL5 went home. I can't blame him. I don't know about his knee injury but I can certainly relate. I already had arthroscopic surgery on both knees due to torn cartliages and I can tell you it is painful. before surgery I was walking like frankenstein - legs straight!

who are your favorites? I like Dan, and the brothers, the younger girls can't seem to pull the numbers! I relate to them too.

hope you have a great valentine's day!

best,
b

andreaphilip3
02-14-2008, 05:30 PM
hi b!

happy v day to you too! got any plans? out of state company here tonight oughtta be really fun!

i like paul, kelly, and dan. i dont like those other guys bc they deceitful. i hope they dont win. yea i feel bad for trent but i think he did the right thing to tell you the truth. the guy is probly ready to lose w/o all the carp with the game play.

bruniQ
02-14-2008, 05:47 PM
hi andrea -- yeah -- I wrote about my plans in the new post Valentine's Day Dilemmas! come over and have a look :-)

poor Kelly and Paul -- they are getting by by the skin of their teeth.. kelly has got to get a grip... she was soooooooo emotional!

keep on keeping on!

best,
b

andreaphilip3
02-14-2008, 09:40 PM
hi b!

have fun!! im just waiting for my family...yay!! yep keep on truckin!

yeah shes so emotional..lol

andreaphilip3
02-16-2008, 12:46 PM
sw:148

goal: 138 (7.8)

week 1: 146.2 (- 1.8)

week 2: 145.8 (- .4)

week 3: 145 (- .8)

week 4:

week 5:

week 6:

week 7:

week: 8:

week 9:

week 10:

week 11:

week 12:

TOTAL

bruniQ
02-16-2008, 04:07 PM
:wave:hi andrea -- slow and steady wins the race! i'm on the sidelines rooting for u!:cheer2:

andreaphilip3
02-16-2008, 08:02 PM
aww thanks brun.. whats up?

bruniQ
02-17-2008, 12:14 AM
Hi andrea,

FYI - I added you to my buddy list here on 3FC :-)

I posted a new thread called "What have you done today to make you feel proud!"

check it out!

best,
b

andreaphilip3
02-17-2008, 03:36 PM
hi b!

whats up? yesterday didnt go so well but my consolation is that i had no lunch&i did have a ww breakfast&i even walked so hopefully that helped. today isnt gonna be much better but its ok we dont have family here that much. no lunch today either but a ww breakfast as well. i must 'behave' the rest of the week. last night we went to pizza hut and i threw back 4 pan cheeswe slices(blotted up) and 3 btreadsticks plus a adult sized pepsi&then later ate a small sundae. tonight im sure ill eat a burger n fries and knock off a few cheese sticks& a brownie sundae&then after that, ikts back to business.

can i ask you something? are you into supplements at all? if yopu are, i find phase 2 and fiber supplemments very helpful when eating out.

andreaphilip3
02-17-2008, 03:37 PM
wheres that thread?

bruniQ
02-17-2008, 04:28 PM
LOL Andrea,

I was so thinking of Pizza today!!! But, made tuna salad with sliced tomatoes -- just in the nick of time!

Sounds like you have lots of options for making it up -- that's great!

That thread is in the weight loss support forum.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134598

included the link - hope it will be clickable.

best,
b

andreaphilip3
02-17-2008, 10:34 PM
hey b!

whats up? good for you! yeah i love my pizza and icecream BUT it aint usually followed by a 2nd fatty dinner like it was today.

bruniQ
02-18-2008, 09:25 PM
hi andrea -- I'm so sorry, I thought I responded to this! It's in the Weight Loss Support Forum. Hope to see you there!

best,
b

andreaphilip3
02-19-2008, 01:59 PM
hey b!

well ive had a bad 3 days so i dunno whats going to happen esp since my period is due this week but i plan on using the 4 i have wisely.

bruniQ
02-19-2008, 02:06 PM
hey andrea,

just move forward andrea -- those three days are behind you! keep moving forward, even if they're baby steps. It's better to move forward with baby steps than to extend three bad days into four or five or six or seven!

you can do it andrea -- I believe in you -- cheering for you every step of the way!

best,
b

andreaphilip3
02-19-2008, 06:52 PM
aww thanks b!:)

i am, im not worried about getting bk, im worried about what those 3 days did. the only thing i have on my side is none of those 3 days included lunches so it was basically a ww meal and then the fatty meal nothing else. i do have tom against me though. i did go for a long walk 2 of the 3 days though.

ceejay52
02-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Andrea
Since it's just you and me on the other thread, I'll come here.

Bruni
Hi :wave:

I have things planned out today as for as food goes. I'm wearing the pedometer to see how many miles I'll walk. It's noon and I already have a little over 4000 steps.

andreaphilip3
02-20-2008, 02:28 PM
HI GUYS!:)

welcome ceejay!:) b is very nice im sure you will like her.:)

hey guys, question. why do you think that people think that support comes in masses? i guess they dont realize its quality that counts!
i went for a walk to calm myself down before i exploded and burned some of those treats off at the same time.

do either of you use alli, chitosan or phase 2?

ceejay52
02-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Andrea
I've been reading some of the other posts. Here is what I take, a multivitamin, calcium and magnesium and since I'm 57 and heart disease runs in my mom's family I take Omega 3 and 6. I also take a baby aspirin. The dr knows about these meds. I'm also hypothyroid and have high blood pressure. I haven't used alli chitosan or phase 2.

bruniQ
02-20-2008, 07:25 PM
http://www.postsmile.com/img/emotions/91.gif Hi CeeJay, Welcome!

Ladies - don't get me started on taking diet pills --http://www.postsmile.com/img/emotions/140.gif I was foolish enough to use DEXATRIM when I was in my twenties -- and I suspect that that diet stuff messed up my metabolism! What in the world was I thinking!http://www.postsmile.com/img/emotions/151.gif

I suffer from Hypothyroidism too Ceejay --http://www.postsmile.com/img/emotions/115.gif as evidenced by the fact that for the past three weeks my weight loss is stalled! Arrggghhh!

So please, be very careful about those so called diet aids!http://www.postsmile.com/img/emotions/210.gif

We'll break through if we keep on doing the work -- WE CAN DO THIS!http://www.postsmile.com/img/emotions/90.gif

best,
b

andreaphilip3
02-20-2008, 09:16 PM
hi guys!

wow im hypo too i take synthroid along with some throid supplents. it really helps. chito and p 2 arent diiet pills, but youre right-alli is. i dont take alli i just thought id ask. i only take the other 2 1x a week-it helps me get through my sat. nights. my roughest time with no side effects.

as per my thyroid, i blame it on my stupid (low, but still) benzo. i tried to get off of it recently, and it just aint happenin'. i was sleep deprived within 4 days of cutting down--not even off of it.

out of curiosity, were either of you on any benzo's or ssri's or anything prior to your thyroid trouble? i read a whole full thread on the ww board of ppl who are hypo and were on those so i say it cant be coincidence.

ceejay52
02-21-2008, 06:14 PM
Andrea
I'm not sure what benzo is, a sleeping pill? My doctor doesn't know this yet but I've switched to L-tyroisine and kelp for my thyroid problem. My tsh is either extremely high or off the chart low. L-tyrosine is for nerves which has really helped me. I 've only started this after my last tsh check.

I blame my weight problem on my thyroid condition also. Most all of my other test turn out extremely good so I know that I'm doing something right. I don't like to keep my calorie at 1200 so I'm shooting for 1500. Exercise is the key for me.

Alli is the only diet pill that my doctor has asked me to try. You really have to watch the fat grams or you will be in the bathroom more than you want. I chose not to do this.

b--love all those smilies. You are correct. We can do this if we put our minds to it.

What diet plan are the two of you using?

Water did the trick for me this week. I'm down to 181.2 pounds. I think there are two things I need to do and that is to watch my sodium intake and
increase my water intake.

andreaphilip3
02-21-2008, 07:41 PM
hey ceejay, you know what? i take 2000 mgs of tyrosine i=on an empty stomache along w a special thyroid supplement so i know it helps. i also take 100mcg of synthyroid.

im not on alli. chitosan is not alli. its chitosan and i only take it 1x a week w no side effects. i despise alli.

andreaphilip3
02-21-2008, 07:45 PM
ceejay, im on ww core

andreaphilip3
02-21-2008, 07:45 PM
and i think B counts calories.

ceejay52
02-21-2008, 10:23 PM
Andrea
What supplements are you taking? I've read that B6 is good. I've started out with the 500 mg of L-Tyrosine.

andreaphilip3
02-22-2008, 01:33 AM
hi ceejay!

i read 2000 is ok, but not much more.

its a special formula called biotics research GTA forte 2:

Biotics

Supported Function: GTA provides comprehensive Zinc, Copper, Selenium and Rubidium support with enzymatic and glandular co-factors.

Ingredients: Each capsule supplies: Zinc (as zinc gluconate) 10mg, Selenium (from vegetable culture) 26 mcg, Copper (as copper gluconate) 250 mcg, Rubidium (from vegetable culture) 5 mcg, Porcine glandular concentrate 20 mg, Superoxide Dismutase (from vegetable culture) 20 mcg, Catalase (from vegetable culture) 20 mcg.

Quantity: 90 Capsules

Suggested dosage: One (1) capsule one (1) to three (3) times each day as a dietary supplement or as otherwise directed by a health care professional. --------------------------------------------------------------------------
its great, but its expensive and can only be gotten from a health care person or online @ spinelife dot com i take 4 a day on an empty belly same with the tyrosine-empty

ceejay52
02-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Andrea
I'm supposed to be doing WW online but never use it. I might try core if you don't have to count calories.

Thanks for the information.

andreaphilip3
02-22-2008, 07:12 PM
hey ceejay! how are ysa?

just got home from the gym. and no, you dont count cals. you jut count 35 WEEKLY points and thats it so its really no biggie. id be glad to help any way i can. which reminds me.. a little advice? cancel your online membership---the info isnt even accurate

b where are you?? lol.

andreaphilip3
02-23-2008, 12:26 PM
hey ceejay! how are ya today?

stayed the same this week BUT i did lose almost 1/2 percent of fat though.:carrot:

ceejay52
02-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Andrea
I'm not into this week for some reason. The only good thing is that I'm preparing food for next week.

andreaphilip3
02-23-2008, 03:26 PM
its ok ceejay sometimes we need a break. try changing up some of your food

andreaphilip3
02-24-2008, 07:57 PM
B are you ok?? we miss you!!

whats up ceejay? just got home from the gym. im tired, i hope theres a good flick on later for when i finish my lifting cause by then im dead&am ready to fll into bed and unwind.

ceejay52
02-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Andrea
Not much happening here. Weighed in this morning and honesly lost .6 of a pound. Did a Jillian work out last night and I'm a little on the sore side.
I need to start going back to the gym.
I'm going to join you on the WW thread in March.

B
We do miss you.

andreaphilip3
02-25-2008, 09:17 PM
hi ceejay!:)

you sound down...are you other than your soreness? congrats on the 1/2 lb! better than nothin right? and yeah anyone is welcome anytime. i only pit it up there bc as a sat. wi, that was my last bc sat is march 1. i know how you feel, i cant believeit took me a month to lose a weeks woth of weight for feb.

ceejay52
02-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Andrea
Guess I am down a bit. It usually doesn't last long though.

Read your article on in the WW forum on the Wendie's plan. This may be what my body needs. Think I'm going to try it this week.

Had more than enough calories yesterday but I'll count that as part of the plan this week. Also rode the bike 30 minutes.

Going to watch the biggest loser tonight -that always seems to perk me up.

How's you day going?

andreaphilip3
02-26-2008, 06:53 PM
hi ceejay!

im a bit down too-i went to the gym and came back with a body rash-uyep a body rash and when i asked bout the pool they threw me out for good. tomorrow im going to inverstigate my 2 other pool options.

yeah for bl!!! somwhere i saw wendie using cals ill go find it

ceejay52
02-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Andrea
They had sanitizer wipes at the gym where I go but after the scare of staff infections I quit going.

andreaphilip3
02-26-2008, 06:58 PM
basically for cals its alternating between 12-15 with a high day being 2500-3500 hope this helps

andreaphilip3
02-26-2008, 06:59 PM
http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/groups_individual.asp?gid=193

ceejay52
02-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Andrea
Around 2500 was the calorie range for yesterday. It helps a lot. Thanks.

ceejay52
02-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Andrea
I've checked out sparkpeople.com also. This may be the place I need to be instead of fitday.com. Thanks again.

andreaphilip3
02-26-2008, 10:21 PM
hey ceejay! glad to help;)

ceejay52
02-27-2008, 07:25 PM
Andrea
Yes I really really like Sparkpeople. It's very informative. I'm thinking of choosing the Dash plan. I have a blood pressure problem so this would be a good thing for me to try. I'd like to get off the med if possible.

Yesterday was so pretty and warm and today it's been to cold. The sun is decieving.

How are you doing today?

andreaphilip3
02-27-2008, 08:33 PM
hey ceejay,

im suffering like holy hel. ive a body rash from the gym yesterday. nedless to say, they are getting avisit from the state health dept.

any lifestyle plan can reduce bp, you know that right?

ceejay52
02-28-2008, 12:18 AM
They need to be inspected. Yes I knew that any lifestyle change could reduce bp. I just think I could do this one.

andreaphilip3
02-28-2008, 01:50 PM
hi ceejay!

how ya doin today?

yep thats why i blew the whistle on them yesterday. they are sending some one over there---they cant do anything to me cause of it cuz i was already kicked out for bein g seen as a liability.

ceejay52
02-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Andrea
They kicked you out of the gym.

Yesterday food was so so cause there wasn't much of it. I was in a different city most of the day. Dr's apppointment, car care, hair care, etc.

I did exercise for 20 minutes and had scheduled 20 more after I got home but I just didn't feel well enough to accomplish that. I have problems with IBS every so often but these were different symptoms. I feel better this morning but not 100%.

Weigh in was up due to this so I'm not going to let this discourage me.
I'll see youo tomorrow on the ww thread. You don't need to make another one here unless you just want to.

Happy leap day.

andreaphilip3
02-29-2008, 02:27 PM
hey ceejay! wow! is it ibs or ibsc? i have ibsc but ww has helped me so much with it. ffel better&good for you for not being down! ill see ya tomorrow on the march thread but i still will come here&i hope you will too! ive actually been tallying my stats still on the 10 in 5 thread just to see how i do@the end of 5 weeks but i think i may paste my chart here so i dont have to go bk there.

its funny cuz i just realized that this was week5 and I KNOW i did not lose 10 lbs. i am hoping for a good wi though.

andreaphilip3
02-29-2008, 02:30 PM
sw:148

goal: 138

week 1: 146.2 (- 1.8)

week 2: 145.8 (- .4)

week 3:145 (-.8)

week 4: 145 (- + 0) (.3 fat loss)

week 5:143.8( -1.2)

total= 4.2

andreaphilip3
02-29-2008, 02:41 PM
hey ceejay, if your interested i copied the thread that babe started since this is week 5, and posted another thread for another 5.

andreaphilip3
02-29-2008, 05:09 PM
btw ceejay---yes i got banned from the gym bc im physically challenged and they dont like dealing w that sort of thing. the one thing i can tell you is they are in for a truckload of trouble if i can help it. the state health dept will be paying a visit and ive sent an email to the local newspaper

andreaphilip3
03-02-2008, 01:26 AM
hey ceejay! whats up girl friend?

ceejay52
03-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Andrea
I've been out of town with out a computer. I take the laptop but have no ISP connection. I've just found out where to put that little card so I'm going to try that next week end. My uncle has a computer but he's always on it.

I have IBS and I do have diverticulum which sometimes get's inflammed and at times. I need to find out what triggers this and stay away from it.

You have done well this month on weight loss. Congrats.

You will find out that I change my mind a lot about weight loss programs but I'm thinking about staying with calorie counting using the Wendie's plan. I've done well with food this week end.

andreaphilip3
03-03-2008, 03:44 PM
welcome home ceejay!

if calorie counting is your thing, have you thought about doing flex? its the same thing only the numbers are easier and withn wendie its all laid out for ya, just a suggestion.

oh&thanks for the support:)

ceejay52
03-03-2008, 06:34 PM
I'll have to take another look at the flex plan. I have mysister's old books but I'm not to good at calculating the points.

It has rained about all day. I shut the plant down a few minutes ago because f lightning. our area is under a flash flood advisory.

There is not much going on. Hope you have had a good day.

andreaphilip3
03-03-2008, 11:53 PM
hi ceejay!

yeah we had bad thunder n lightening too. not a good day i lost control. whatever is going on with me got to me and i snapped.