Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-13-2008, 01:27 PM   #1  

Default This sounds like me.....

I am new to the board and was looking through and I think this binging forum is what I am looking for....hopefully.

I am on LA weightloss and on the blue program. I have lost about about 25 lbs and am nearing the end of my program. My goal was 40 lbs, but about the middle of November, I quit loosing. I have stayed about the same weight ever since, with a few downs and then back to where I am now.

The longer it has been since I've lost weight, it getting harder to not eat some of the things I really love.....like Dorito chips for instance! I can't stop eating them. I am not eating ALOT of them, but a couple handfulls here and there, add up to a snack size bag by the end of the day.

I'm also looking for alternative to the lites, or to just give them up all together. Is there something I can eat instead of them, or any protein bar for that matter?

If this is not the right thread, please push me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Walkinway
walkinway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Smile

Hi, Walkinway! to the thread! Glad to have you

on your weight loss!

I don't have any advice about the lites, but regarding the Doritos...

Would 100 calorie packs work for you? I know that Canadian grocery stores carry Doritos in single serving, 100 calorie bags...
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:16 PM   #3  

I never thought about those, maybe that will help me out. I can get a taste of it, but not over do it.

Thanks!
walkinway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #4  

No problem! Please keep posting...let us know how you're doing, and feel free to post if you feel like eating something and want to get it out before it goes in

Best wishes
Old 02-15-2008, 01:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

I agree with Penelope- 100 calorie packs all the way. For me, it's important ot have things that are portion controlled, or I'll estimate and I KNOW that I'm underestimating the value of "a few bites" or a "few handfuls" or whatever. So I think it's definitely worth trying so you know how much to account for
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 03:43 PM   #6  

I'm a huge fan of 100 calorie packs - even though I have problems with portion control otherwise, I am fine eating only one pack. I can't wait to try the 100 calorie almond packs from Blue Diamond (I think that's the right company). I love nuts, and they're so good for you, but I definately can't seem to say stop

HungryGirl talks about alot of 100 calorie packs that aren't available in Canada, so I find that frustrating. Oh well!

I also measure ALOT. I don't really like guesstimating...when I'm at someone else's house, I'm fine with eyeballing it, but when I'm home, I use my measuring cups and spoons for everything. I had to get over my hangups about allowing my boyfriend to see me doing it, but now he doesn't bat an eye

Last edited by just_a_dreamy1; 02-15-2008 at 03:44 PM.