PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

View Poll Results: Did Glucophage help you to lose weight?
Yes, by default of massive diarrhea. 1 7.69%
Yes, because it took away my appetite. 1 7.69%
Yes, it seems to have lowered my insulin resistance. 4 30.77%
Not really, I have stayed about the same weight. 6 46.15%
Actually, I gained weight. 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 11:04 PM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Glucophage Poll

I'm curious to see how we all stack up to each other!
Old 02-21-2002, 01:57 PM   #2  

I really like the Glucophage so far. I have been on it about 4 months and have lost almost 25 lbs. I have changed my diet but not as severly as I should be. KWIM. I do feel that the side affects do go away after the first 1 1/2 months. At least they did for me. And my blood sugar levels have dropped. It has also helped me to cycle more regularly. Not like I should because I am still not prego but at least I am not going 50-60 days anymore.
Old 02-21-2002, 08:22 PM   #3  

Hmmmm--seems the meds my obgyn put me on is the same as this stuff. Good thing if I read the pill bottle once in a while! I start tomorrow and all I can say is I am really looking forwad to some weight loss with this stuff.
Old 02-22-2002, 12:35 AM   #4  
WW Moderator

Congrats Rasato! You faired much better than I with the pills. Keep up the good work!

Good luck Pooky! While you are reading the bottle, please make a note of drug interaction. NO ALCOHOL and none of the acid reducer pills like Tagament, Zantac or Pepcid. This can cause serious complications. Drink your water and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you shed some pounds!
Old 02-22-2002, 07:11 AM   #5  

Jennifer I didn't know about the acid reducier med interacting with the glucophage. Thanks Luckily I don't usually have to take that kind of stuff.

Pooky. Good Luck with the gluphage and don't get discouraged. The first couple of weeks that I took it where horrible. I wouldn't plan any big outings until you know how you will react to it. Good luck again and remember the side affects go away with time.
Old 02-22-2002, 06:01 PM   #6  

Thanks for the tip Jennifer, I am a water drinker by nature anyway so I found if I don't drink my water I get the burps--gosh, these pills are brutal on the tummy! Hopefully there won't be much to the acid, after all water is a natural neutralizer, right?
Old 02-22-2002, 10:35 PM   #7  
WW Moderator

Default Acid Reducer

I used to have a much worse problem with acid then I do now. You mentioned 'the burps'. Would those be the dreaded ones that lock you up in a room alone?

My acid really decreased after I cut out carbs and became more aware of my diet. And yes, the water seems to keep it flushed out! What day do you start?
Old 02-23-2002, 11:45 PM   #8  

I started on Friday so I guess today is day 3--lucky me!
Old 06-15-2002, 01:26 AM   #9  

I just started so I'll have to let you know. I'm glad to see it's made someone lose weight!
Closed Thread