Old 02-12-2008, 09:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 146/138/125

Height: 5'5

Wink Valentines Dinner Suggestions

Hey everyone!
My BF and I are celebrating Valentines Day this weekend and I am looking for suggestions for apps., main and dessert. I'm being extra good this week so I can go a bit overboard on calories for this meal. What is your favorite thing (or your significant other's favorite) for special occasions?? I fancy myself a pretty good cook and baker and have most of the crazy tools and gadgets for the kitchen including a blow torch for brulee and such. Bring it on chicks!!
Ash15+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:23 AM   #2  
keep on truckin'

S/C/G: 253/249/190

Height: 6'1

if I was going to cook the dinner...I would probably make a lower fat portioned eggplant parmigiana...

with salad

We are going out to eat at a Thai food place...I'm going to get tofu curry and rice
vdaybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:45 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I don't know if you're looking for total splurge or just higher-than-normal-but-still-close-ish-to-plan, so I'm going with the second...I'm sure we can find all kinds of totally, 100% decadent recipes if that is what you're after.

Appetizers - You want something light-ish, in my opinion...don't want anything to heavy on v-day. Could you do a really fabulous salad with some dried cranberries, goat cheese, and candied pecans? Simple and delicious!

Entree - Steak is always delicious, and you could easily do a reasonable-sized filet mignon, topped with a little bit of blue cheese (you can get the flavor on there for 40 calories or so)...filet is lean, so it'd be mostly on plan, but so special-feeling. You could also saute up some mushrooms to go with it. Serve it up with some veggies (maybe some roasted asparagus if you can find good looking spears) and maybe some roasted potato wedges. On plan AND delicious. And heck, if you want a little splurge, wrap that filet up in bacon before you cook it...yummy-tastic.

Dessert - Nothing beats chocolate fondue...you can dip mostly fruits and, if you want, angel food cake, and your honey can dip whatever he wants....and you can feed eachother. It is so decadent, but can be fairly healthy-ish too...and pineapple, which is pretty good in markets right now, is AMAZING in chocolate fondue.

Last edited by mandalinn82; 02-13-2008 at 01:46 AM.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote