LA Weight Loss - Flat Belly Diet

View Full Version : Flat Belly Diet

Bobbolink
02-12-2008, 04:57 PM
A couple of us would like to start a Flat Belly thread, anyone on this plan?

What is the Flat Belly Diet?

Prevention’s Flat Belly Diet! is a belly-reduction eating plan that is grounded in the latest and most credible science (that you won’t find anywhere else!)—and offers the most filling, satisfying , and delicious way of eating that you will ever come across.

The Flat Belly Diet goes beyond food. Any successful diet acknowledges the emotions that are tied to eating. Not only does the Flat Belly Diet deliver a healthy, satisfying way of eating that will rid your body of fat in the place you want to slim down most—your belly—but it will teach you how to WANT to eat this way for life.

Bobbi

floridarusty
02-12-2008, 05:26 PM
Hi Bobbi,

Happy to see you starting this thread.

I lost 5 lbs. on the jumpstart phase of FBD. I love the foods on the regular eating plan. I didn't buy the book but found all the info I needed by joining the web site for 30 days.

We are getting ready to move in a few weeks and this is consuming my time and eating has not been on target but I have kept off the 4 to 5 lbs and 1" off my waist. Sorry to say my exercise has been off but I'm trying to get back with that.

The FBD does promote exercise and has a coach for it but it is not required, it is a heart healthy diet, a life style I can live with.

Hope we can get a group going here, I have a couple buddies from FBD that I will try to get over here.

Phyllis

Bobbolink
02-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Phyliss, you have a great start. I'd think all the running and packing would count as exercise. I think what attracted me to this diet is no exercise unless you want to. (I hate exercising) I do the ABC's in the morning with hand weights, that takes all of 3 minutes.
I lost 6 pounds on the 4 day jumpstart, 5 more when I started on the 28 day program. A total of 11 pounds which averages 1.75 pounds per week. I don't follow their menu anymore, just cook as usual but add my MUFA's at all three meals. I purchased the Flax oil and used it for the jumpstart, now I get my MUFA in with nuts. I've grown to love them on salads. Right now I'm eating SF Chocolate pudding topped with SF cherry pie filling, SF Cool Whip and sliced almonds. I heard from lots of people on the FBD thread about missing their two snacks, I don't miss them at all. I'm never hungry on this plan, must be the MUFA working? Gotta go, catch ya later, Bobbi

Bobbolink
02-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Great tip for warding off hunger pangs.
Top YOU Tip #6: Fab Food Combo
The food duo with the most muscle? Fiber and water. Together they keep your food bulky and soft, so it can move easily through your system without putting too much pressure on your intestines. Remember, without water, fiber often turns to cement.

The combo of fiber and water also makes you feel full, which helps your overall health, because it keeps you from eating other things that are more likely to lead to problems associated with obesity, like heart disease and diabetes.

Where to get it? Fiber is found in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, oats, beans, and some cereals. Your goal: 25 grams a day for women and 35 grams a day for men. And don’t forget the water.
Fiber One (14g fiber) and Flat Outs (9g fiber) are two staples I eat daily, don't forget your MUFA's.
Bobbi

catmalvo
02-14-2008, 06:57 PM
Whats a MUFA?
Cat'

Bobbolink
02-14-2008, 08:09 PM
google Prevention magazine, they will explain MUFA and how it works. Or you could just google Flat Belly Diet.

floridarusty
02-14-2008, 08:58 PM
Bobbi,

I don't think that anyone will find this little group here, is there a different way to advertise we are forming this group?

Phyllis

Bobbolink
02-14-2008, 10:20 PM
I think you're right! I also don't think enough people know about this diet, it's so new. I'm going to drop the thread, we can still yak about it on the Flat Belly Diet forum.

Bobbi

floridarusty
02-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Today was my last day at FBD.....so I guess we can talk about it at GG.

Phyllis

Bobbolink
02-16-2008, 09:59 AM
O.K. Phyliss, I'll see you on the FBD thread. How much have you lost so far on this plan? I was down another pound since starting, 12 pounds total and I have so much energy!
Good Luck, Bobbi

Bobbolink
02-16-2008, 11:05 AM
CHECK THIS OUT IF INTERESTED:

This Tuesday, Prevention's Editor-in-Chief, Liz Vaccariello, and Nutrition Director, Cynthia Sass, RD, share the Flat Belly Diet with Rachael Ray and her studio audience.

catmalvo
02-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the info

google Prevention magazine, they will explain MUFA and how it works. Or you could just google Flat Belly Diet.

coles
02-20-2008, 08:38 AM
I think this thread will be a success. I belong to another group on the 3 fat chicks, but came looking for information on the Flat belly diet. Once I figure out the basics I will be starting. Will keep in touch with the group and hopefully we will all succeed.

Bobbolink
02-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Maybe after the airing yesterday of the Flat Belly Diet on the Rachel Ray show we'll have more interest. I know from other sites that people are having a hard time getting through because of all the interested in it.
I personally love the plan, I don't following the menu on the FBD site anymore but do include the MUFA's in every meal. I stay in the guidelines they set up for me but do have trouble reaching my calorie goal. They said 1100-1300 calories for my height, frame, age, etc. I am never hungry on this plan and don't always get my calories in. I usually eat some nuts or cereal before going to bed just to get them in. Good luck everyone, after the jumpstart it gets easy.
Bobbi

Suzanne 3FC
02-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Bobbi,

I don't think that anyone will find this little group here, is there a different way to advertise we are forming this group?

Phyllis

I tend to agree. Since this is a diet-specific group, I think it would be better off in the General Diet Plans forum because that's where people will be looking for info on this diet. I'd like to move your thread there, but don't want to step on any toes.

You could have a weekly thread in there, they way other diet groups are represented. Check out the Volumetrics, Beck Solution, and SlimFast threads there. It seems like a better and more visible option for the Flat Belly Diet followers :)

Bobbolink
02-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Suzanne....
Thank you, I totally agree and would love to move this thread to a new one, just for Flat Belly Diet group. Please let us all know where to start posting, and thank you for looking out for all us.

Bobbi/Bugsy or what ever you want to call me.

Marti
02-21-2008, 12:41 AM
Hi ladies...

The Flat Belly Diet thread Suzanne spoke of is Here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131528)
in the General Diet Plans forum.

It looks like others are interested in getting a thread started. So maybe if you all combine, more people will join.

It sounds like an interesting plan. I will have to look it up and read more about it.

Good luck!

coles
02-21-2008, 08:13 AM
I'm really looking forward to trying this diet plan. I am going today to try to find the book. Maybe it has to be ordered online??
Will keep everyone posted.

KateB
02-22-2008, 04:13 PM
The only place I could find it was at the website flat bell diet witht he usuall befores and afters. With the book I got 3 months of the online membership. By the time the book arrived (about 12 days) I was very comfortable with the website and haven't looked at the book much. I am unsure if I will keep up the membership after the 3 month trial as I feel pretty comfortable with the plan. I have been on the plan for 30 days and have lost 19.8 pounds I have also been exercising.

It is the easiest most satisfying most successful plan I have been on...EVER!!!

m2nd2none
02-23-2008, 09:53 PM
Greetings:
I'm considering doing this diet. I saw it on RR Show. I've got some health issues due to my being over weight. According to the major book stores, Borders and Barnes and Noble, the book won't be available until 08/2008 it will be $17.99. So, at this time the only place I can get it is on their website for 31.99, nearly twice the price. With this in mind web participation isn't that great a deal either. I've been able to get the an idea of how it works. Anything special I should know about the 4 day jump start?

Onsecondthought
02-25-2008, 03:00 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I tried to buy the book but to no avail and don't particularly want to sign up for the online version either. I've been trying to follow the general guidlelines about 1 MUFA serving to each meal, but was hoping to learn more about the 4 day jump start. If anyone can provide any information I would be most grateful!

annie175
02-25-2008, 03:04 PM
ohhh this sounds so interesting, let's keep the thread going.

coles
02-25-2008, 07:29 PM
I have ordered the book too. Not sure how to get started without reading the book. I guess I'll wait until it gets here.

Bobbolink
02-26-2008, 12:41 AM
We have a Flat Belly Thread going, I belong to the FBD site and also had the book... I sent the book back because the free 3 month trial was so helpful. What do you need to know and I'll fill you in.

Bobbi

m2nd2none
02-26-2008, 01:10 AM
The information I've been able to gather from other sites indicates it works as follows: 4-day jump start 3 meals and a snack with caloric intake of 1200 per day and a mufa with each meal as well as 8 1/2 glasses of sassy water.
I was wondering if there is anything else I need to know. Are there any specfic foods to avoid while on the jump start. I started this today as well as an going to the gym and a food diary. I really want this to work and make some lasting changes.:carrot:

KateB
02-26-2008, 12:38 PM
You do not eat a MUFA with each meal during jumpstart. You do have some MUFAs but not with each meal. After you get on the regular part of the diet then it is a MUFA with each meal.

Onsecondthought
02-26-2008, 02:00 PM
bobbi-
thanks for the offier for the information. as i haven't been able to find the book anywhere, i have no idea what the jumpstart entails. based on a previous post, i know it includes a 1200 calorie diet and something called "sassy water," but that's about all i know. anymore information would be greatly appreciated!!

Suzanne 3FC
02-27-2008, 11:35 AM
The food selections are very limited during jumpstart, so the book or online program are necessary to follow it. Unfortunately, it seems that the book is only available from the official website, and not via bookstores.

pattygirl63
02-28-2008, 01:07 AM
I tried to join the group on line although I have no desire to really buy the book at this time. I couldn't get the join site to work for some reason. I even tried to email the website and for some reason it doesn't work. First it says I need to register, then when I try to register it shows I am registered which I must be because I receive emails from Prevention all the time. I even emailed them on something they sent me and I never have heard from them. I tried to get them to send me info "password" and they say I'm not registered. I finally just gave up on it. Therefore, I wasn't able to do the jumpstart, but I am eating mufa's with each meal and snacks in hopes it will work for me any way. I figure I'll do the best I can and when the book finally comes to the bookstore, I'll purchase one then.

LaDean
02-28-2008, 03:44 AM
Hi, thanks for your info on the jumpstart. i do not want to join online and so will just do it from info i have got on prevention. it will help us. thanks LaDean

pattygirl63
02-28-2008, 03:26 PM
I went back and tried joining the FBD site once again since it just did not make sense that I am a member of Prevention and couldn't get it. I got things straightened out and I am joined to FBD for three months. Receipt didn't say anything about the book so don't know if I'm getting it or not. Really don't think I'll need it. If I get it I might send it back. It looks like we get all we need from the website. I'll be going to the store tomorrow any way so I'll get the things for the Sassy water and 4 day jumpstart. I really don't want to buy some of that food for just 4 days. Did any of y'all substitue? I mean use only the foods they tell you to eat, but use it more than just when suggested. Example, buy only cornflakes to eat and not buy rice krispies.

I am really excited about this way of eating (1) because of the ones of you around my age who are doing such a fantastic job of losing on it and (2) it would be great at 64 to have a flat stomach when I don't think I've ever had one even when I was thin growing up.

Is this going to be the 3FC official site for the FBD or the other one we write on. Just wondering. I think this will go and I am definitely in.

LaDean
02-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Hi i am in to. i check both just in case the sites that is. no really plan here as no book. but i may try the jump thing. ha well good luck to all LaDean

pattygirl63
02-28-2008, 11:54 PM
I always check both too.

m2nd2none
02-29-2008, 02:20 AM
I was scared to get on the scale because I didn't feel any smaller and believe it or not. I just finished 4 days of sassy water, writing down every calorie, going to the gym every other day; and I weigh more now than I did before I started. Perhaps I need to join the website. I wanted to wait to purchase the book from a retailer, but I don't feel I can wait. Although, I'm discouraged I will continue because at my smallest I was a size 3 and now I'm bursting out of an 18; and my health, diabetes and high blood preasure leave me no other choice.:carrot:

Bobbolink
02-29-2008, 05:20 PM
I just cancelled my membership at the online Flat Belly site, It was very helpful when I first started on the plan. You can belong here and the Prevention site as some of you have mentioned for free. I did order the book but found the online site just as helpful so I returned the book. The plan is so simple to follow, hope we can settle down to just one Flat Belly site here. I have a hard time finding it. I haven't been on the plan all week, DH and I are both getting over some kind of bug. Monday morning I'll see what kind of damage I did. I'm too chicken to get on the scale, I did try to get my MUFA's in.
Bobbi

pattygirl63
02-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi Bobbi I joined just for the 3 months and then I will cancel. I see now why I needed to though. I am startig the 4 Day JS tomorrow. I noticed on Preventions FBD site that there are a lot of people in their 50s, 60s and even some in their 70s doing this. That is so wonderful since we've always been told and heard that it is almost impossible for us to lose weight past our 40s and 50s.

I look forward to us having a FBD thread here on 3FC too. I usually post here and at the other thread with this name in it as I never know which one to use. It would be nice to have Just ONE for us.

I hope you and your DH get to feeling better soon.

Trish

Bev
02-29-2008, 09:06 PM
Hi,

I will also cancel my online membership after the 3 months. I wonder if the book will really help me. They said it has already shipped so I will see soon.

Bobbi, did you cancel your online after the three months? Do you think you will be ok on the plan with not having the book or the online site?

Trish, I agree it would be nice to have just one thread to post on. I get very confused ( which is easily done).
Bev

Bobbolink
02-29-2008, 10:11 PM
The plan is so easy to follow, I printed out the MUFA's list. I learned everything I need to know on the online. Today when I canceled she was very nice about it and asked why. I told her the plan was wonderful, the site very helpful but I can joined the Prevention site for free. She said she understood and I'd be able to log on through April or until my free three months are up. I've lost 12 pounds on it and can fit into some of my Levi's. I hope to drop about 15 more. Is everyone counting calories on Fitday or on the online site. I stopped using the FBD online menu because Fitday is so much easier.
Bobbi

pattygirl63
02-29-2008, 11:19 PM
Hi Bev, Nice to meet you.

I also think it will be easy to do the diet after you cancel even without the book. I plan to print out enough info I think I might need to be able to do it.

I notice a lot of people do Fitday. I don't know much about it. I started out with WW Flex and ordered the Foodmover from Richard Simmons when I ordered Sweatin to the Oldies DVD and Stretching to Classics Video. While waiting for it, I just started counting calories. I didn't intend to, but I felt it was more accurate and less generalized than WW or Richard Simmons. That is probably what I will go back to calorie counting and even use Fitday once I get used to the FBD and get passed the 32 days.

Bobbi, I think I read somewhere that you exercised while doing FBD. Did you exercise while on the 4 Day JS? I plan to alternate days doing 3 of Sweatin to the oldies and 3 Stretching to the Classics. But I was wondering if it would be better to wait until after the JS.

I think when we get our thread going on here at 3FC it will be a lot better support than the one on Prevention. Of course, that may be because I like this setup better.:) I am a member of Prevention and take the magazine so I believe I'll get good info just from there. In fact, I got some really good info on potatoes and how to cook them on Prevention website before I joined the FBD site.

:hug:Trish

Bobbolink
03-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Trish... I think you're thinking of Kate, she's the expert on exercisng. I have a bad lower back, knees, heel spurs and plantar fasciitis. Yes, I'm a mess! The only thing not wearing out is my energy. I feel good at 62 years old and we have plenty of every day chores to keep my energy level up. We live out in the country, spring, summer and fall are busy months for us. We have a huge garden, two each of apple, peach, pear, apricot, plums and 1 cherry tree. Also raspberries, yum. Winter time is a challenge, the snow drifts are as high as the eaves on our house. It's a challenge getting out to fill the bird feeders, squirrel feeders, etc. We also have 6 Orpington Chickens that provide us with organic brown eggs. Dressing in many layers of winter clothes and hiking out to the chicken coop makes me sweat. I fell twice the other day, the drifts were so high. That's my form of exercise.:dizzy:
I have a set of two pound weights that I use 6 morning a week, I do the alphabet exercise with them. Anyone know what that is? My DH saw it on Rachael Ray show, you hold both weights in front of you with both hands and draw the alphabet in the air in front of you. I do it twice in capital letters, exaggerating each letter as wide and high as I can reach. This doesn't take longer than 3 or 4 minutes but you can feel it in your arms and shoulders. That pretty much is the extent of my so called exercise. I see I've been way too gabby this morning, guess I'll make breakfast. I'd like to combine the two FBD threads, what's ya all tink? Someone wanted to start posting their daily menu's, I think that's a great motivator for anyone who wants to participate.
Bobbi

pattygirl63
03-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Hi Bobbi -

A Big Yes to ONE thread for us to all keep in touch and support each other.

My deceased DH gone now 7 years and I had a small farm in TX and we loved raising our own food. Boy do I miss my own chickens and fresh eggs. Nothing like going out and picking your veggies. I think we were healthier then than any time in our lives. It was a lot of work, but we loved it. I do think you get your exercise doing all you do on a farm. We city folks have to exercise because we don't do enough with sittin' around watchin' television and on computers. You be careful falling though. I have had some of those and they are no fun. I have one knee that I had problems with last summer. I guess it was the thing that caused me to seriously decide I have to do something about this weight. I don't believe that I will have any problems with it once I get the weight off. I've always been fairly healthy but now I have to make some changes if I want to enjoy the rest of my life. My new DH of 5 years now loves to travel and he loves taking me places I never thought I would ever go and see and you got to be able to walk and get around. We are planning a trip back to FL where is DD and her family live. We usuallly drive, but he wants to fly so I can see everything from above. I have to figure out how to cut down a trunk of stuff I usually would take down to one suitcase and one carry on each for an 8 day trip.:dizzy: Oh well I've got time to figure it out. We plan to go in April when DGC are on spring break. I sure would like for me to be 15 lbs lighter by then. I think that is possible with FBD.

Thanks for sharing what the alphabet exercise is and how to do it. I have some light weights that will be perfect for that. may do those during my 4 Day JS... today is Day 1 for me. It is going good except I am getting a headache which I'm sure is because I didn't get my coffee and no chocolate either today. But it is for 4 days and I found an article on FBD site that I can have green tea so I may go brew me a cup.

I'll go for now. You stay warm and take it easy when out in snow doing chores/exercise. :)

Trish

pattygirl63
03-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Finished Day 1 JS yesterday and I was wiped out. DH is a night owl so I usually try to stay up with him and go to bed around 2 am. I went to bed at 11 pm and got up around 10 am this morning. I told him before I went to bed that I wasn't going to be able to go to church this morning. The only thing I really miss right now is my oatmeal and will be glad when I can have it on Day 5. The great thing is that I decided that I just had to see out of curiosity and I was down 2.5 lbs and lost 1" around my waist already. That is exciting for me to see that in one day on a diet. I am excited to see how this goes for me as I don't usually lose that easy. I did experience a headache off and on during the day because of no coffee rule. I hope Day 2 will be nicer to me. I will still not drink the coffee, but will have my green tea.

I think someone started this a day or two before me. How are you? I would love to hear how things are going for you and how you are feeling. I seem to feel tired at times and really feel weak just about the time I need to eat again. Once I eat, I feel energized again.

Trish

Bobbolink
03-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Trish, I had a slight headache the first couple of days too. I lost 6 pounds on the jumpstart and followed the plan very close. I noticed after the first couple of days I wasn't hungry anymore. When I started the regular part of the diet, I quit the planned menu's. I made my own up according to the types of food we eat. Lots of Elk, Venison and Vegetables which fit's into the plan very well. I just added my 3 MUFA's, usually in the form of nuts. I save the Tablespoon of Olive oil or whatever kind I'm cooking with for supper meals.
Good Luck, Bobbi

Bobbolink
03-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Trish, I forgot to mention this! If we don't post on the other Flat Belly thread, it'll die out. Everytime someone post on it, the "Have you tried it" FBD will pops back up to the top.

Bev
03-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Hi, I am doing pretty good on the plan. I do get hungry mid day. The smoothies just don't do it for me. I don't mind them for breakfast but for some reason as a snack I need something to chew. I have not lost as much as others but I am ok with that. Any lose is good for me. I am still exercising so that could be why I am so hungry. I am mine with my breakfast and lunch but I have a hard time with my snack and dinner. I count my calories using calorie king on my PDA. I love using that because I can carry it in my purse and always have it with me.

Bobbi, I will probably do the same thing after the jumpstart as you. I am really confused about the online website because it doesn't have a snack listed under the menu plan. I need my snack to stay on track.

Trish, I also miss my oatmeal. That will be the first thing I change with the plan.

Have a great weekend

bev

Bobbolink
03-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Bev...The online does have the snack list, I printed it off. I found it many times under the "Ask the Nutritionalist, Cynthia". I was glued to this thread the first couple of weeks, you can also go into the archives for answers.
"Ask the Nutritionist" forum.

SWEET:

1 packet hot oatmeal topped with 1 cup blueberries and 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich almonds – 324 cal

1 packet hot oatmeal topped with 1 cup raspberries and ¼ cup MUFA-rich chocolate chips – 367

1 packet hot oatmeal topped with ½ cup (4 oz) canned pineapple and 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich macadamia nuts – 363

2 Tbsp MUFA-rich peanut butter swirled into 1 packet hot oatmeal and topped with wedges of 1 medium sliced apple - 368

Wedges of 1 medium sliced apple with 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich peanut butter as your dip with a side of 4 cups popped light microwave popcorn – 368 cal

½ cup (4 oz) canned pineapple mixed into ½ cup cottage cheese, garnished with 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich walnuts – 325 cal

1 cup sliced strawberries and ¼ cup MUFA-rich chocolate chips into ½ cup cottage cheese - 347

1 whole 100% whole wheat English muffin, spread with 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich peanut butter, topped with wedges of 1 medium sliced apple – 388

3 rye crisps spread with 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich almond butter, topped or pair with wedges of 1 medium sliced apple – 387

1 cup sliced strawberries and 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich peanuts mixed into 6 oz 80-calorie vanilla yogurt - 366

SAVORY:

Sprinkle ¼ cup hummus with 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich pine nuts and eat as a dip with 1 cup crisp red peppers– 331 cal

Spread 3 rye crisps spread with 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich black olive tapenade. Enjoy with a side of 1 cup grape tomatoes and 4 oz rolled up deli turkey slices – 323 cal

Top half cup canned, drained black beans with ¼ cup chopped MUFA-rich avocado and garnish with 1 chopped string cheese. Eat as a dip for 1 cup baby carrots – 316 cal

Mash half cup canned, drained black beans with a spoon. Slice 1 cup grape tomatoes in halves or quarters. Mix into black beans. Top with ¼ cup MUFA-rich chopped avocado and garnish with 1 chopped string cheese. Eat as a dip with 3 rye crisps (optional: add fresh cilantro) - 401

Spread 1 whole 100% whole wheat English muffin with 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich green olive tapenade. Top with 4 oz deli turkey and 1 cup drained artichoke hearts, canned in water – 344 cal

Mix together ½ cup cottage cheese, 1 cup grape tomatoes (sliced in half) and 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich pine nuts. Spread half of mixture onto each half of one toasted 100% whole wheat English muffin - 421

Mix 1 cup chopped red pepper, 1 tsp salt-free Italian seasoning and 10 MUFA-rich large black olives into ½ cup cottage cheese. Eat as a dip with a double portion (6) rye crisps – 380

Lay 4 oz deli turkey slices flat. Fill centers along length of slice with ¼ cup hummus. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich pine nuts. Roll up and eat - 391

Lay 4 oz deli turkey slices flat. Fill centers along length of slice with ¼ cup MUFA-rich chopped avocado and 1 chopped string cheese. Top with 1 cup red pepper strips. Roll up and eat - 316

Lay 4 oz deli chicken slices flat. Mix together ½ cup cottage cheese and 1 Tbsp MUFA-rich pesto. Fill centers of deli slices lengthwise with mixture. Top with 1 cup halved grape tomatoes and 1 cup drained artichoke hearts, canned in water. Roll up and eat - 360

GRAB & GO:

1 string cheese, ½ cup (4 oz) pineapple fruit cup, 1 cup baby carrots, and 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich peanuts – 356 cal

1 string cheese, 4 cups popped light microwave popcorn and 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich sunflower seeds - 345

1 6 oz 80-calorie yogurt, 1 medium apple, 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich Brazil nuts – 346 cal

1 6 oz 80-calorie yogurt, 1 medium orange, 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich almonds - 314

Found these when I was surfing through the forums. It is in the archives for day 1/15/08.

SMOOTHIES:

Combine 1 cup skim or soy milk, 6 oz 80-calorie vanilla yogurt, and 1 cup fresh blueberries plus a handful ice or 1 cup frozen blueberries in blender. Blend, transfer to glass, and stir in 1 Tbsp MUFA-rich flax oil - 360

Combine half cup of skim or soy milk, 6 oz 80-calorie vanilla yogurt, ¼ cup MUFA-rich chocolate chips, and 1 cup fresh raspberries plus a handful ice or 1 cup frozen raspberries in blender. Blend, transfer to glass and eat with a spoon - 387

Combine 1 cup skim or soy milk, one 6 oz 80-calorie lemon yogurt, orange sections (seeds removed) from 1 medium orange, and a handful ice in blender. Blend, transfer to glass, and stir in 1 Tbsp MUFA-rich flax oil - 370

Combine half cup of skim or soy milk, one 6 oz 80-calorie vanilla yogurt, 1 tsp apple pie spice, chopped slices from 1 medium apple (skin removed), 2 Tbsp MUFA-rich cashew butter and a handful ice in blender. Blend, transfer to glass and eat with a spoon - 388
You can make your own up too, hope this helps.........Bobbi

LaDean
03-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi read some in prevention it did not say what to eat the js days. so i never got to do that. does anyone want to share that part? if not that is ok i understand... I am sticking to the rest of it good. feel good. LaDean

Bev
03-02-2008, 10:47 PM
What I meant was that there are no snacks mentioned on your menu or food log on the website. There is no place to log them on your food log.

bev

Bobbolink
03-02-2008, 11:00 PM
LaDean.........I got into some trouble on the Prevention site for repeating/copy/pasting information so I have to be very careful that I don't infringe on the Flat Belly online. I probably shouldn't have post the snack suggestions. (Bev, once off the jumpstart you don't get a snack if you're on the 1100-1300 calorie plan) I started dividing up my lunch, 1/2 at lunch time and the other half around 3:00. Many people complained about not having a place to post snacks on the personal menu and they said they'd work on it.
LeDean, I got a 3 month free trial on the online site, you could try that if you're serious about it. Otherwise I could email you the 4 day jumpstart and the reasons for it.

pattygirl63
03-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Bev, I read somewhere on there that some of them were adding it on to one of their meals. I can't remember, but I think there is a place at the end of each meal planned for adding more foods. Check it and see. I planned my whole week on there, but I didn't know what that was for and haven't been back there.

Trish

Onsecondthought
03-03-2008, 01:06 PM
If someone could e-mail me the 4 day jump start I would be ever most grateful!!

Bobbolink
03-03-2008, 01:26 PM
On2ndThought..........I just sent you an instant message with the jumpstart.

Bobbi

pattygirl63
03-03-2008, 02:33 PM
:dizzy: :o Can you believe it? :?: I just got an email from Prevention in answer to my question as to whether I'm getting the book or not. They said they had some kind of technical problems which kept me from being signed up for the plan I wanted so they are sending me the book for free and refunding some of my money. Can't beat that. :p:carrot: I think I'll be keeping the book. :)

Trish

pattygirl63
03-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Bobbi,

Is it legal for us to share our foodlogs? As that would help us and anyone wanting to follow the plan. I changed my Sassy Water to a more Personal. I make up a pitcher of water with just the lemon and ginger. Also, why can't we just share what they showed on RR show. They showed how to make the Sassy Water just went too fast to catch the recipe. They also shared the 3 main rules didn't they? Can't we share that much?

Maybe Suzanne, if she is reading this could give us some guidelines on this. I don't want to break any rules, but want to be helpful too. I know I would appreciate her input on this. This is all new for me.

BTW I checked my JS menu with my WW Flex points. I am allowed 26 pts on Flex Plan and the daily JS plan (Day 3) is 25 pts. which makes it very WW friendly. So I think Day 5 will become WW Flex for me using the 26 pts just following FBD rules.

Trish

Bobbolink
03-03-2008, 03:45 PM
I'm not sure what can or can't be shared. I think food blogs would be o.k., good idea to ask Suzanne. One of the times I got my hands slapped was when I shared the winning Valentine recipe on the Prevention site. I copied/pasted it from the Flat Belly site,added the lady's name that made it. I was told I couldn't take anything out of the book and quote it on the Prevention threads.
I told her I didn't take it out of the book, I took it off the FBD site and I said it was the winner of the contest and who the winner was.
She said they had to tread lightly because the FBD is letting the Prevention site have a forum on their plan. I guess they (FBD)want you to pay for the plan along with buying the book. But like you say, the plan is everywhere. It was on Rachael Ray and Good Morning America plus in the Prevention magazine. So I'm totally confused just like everyone else. I just sent a private message to On2ndThought about the jumpstart. Maybe some of the questions we can answer that way.
Bobbi

pattygirl63
03-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Thanks Bobbi. I think you are right. I really don't think sharing what they say on television should be a problem. Maybe we can watch RR and the other show on the net even guide others to read it. What was it Good Morning America? That way we won't give out any more info than what they say themselves. Other info can be sent privately as you say. I'm sure that 3FC have to be careful and I don't want to do anything to lose it. So will wait till we hear from Suzanne on it.

Trish

Onsecondthought
03-03-2008, 05:47 PM
I got the message. Thanks Bobbi!

pattygirl63
03-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Hi Everbody,

I finished 4 Day JS and I lost 5 lbs and 2 1/2 inches off my waist. Out of curiosity I did my overall measurement and lost 6 inches total. I did that because I heard RR ask if it would take inches off her rear end and she was told you would lose inches all over. So for the JS that turns out to be true. I am starting Day 5 back on WW Flex using the FBD principles of MUFAs added and being sure that I get my fiber. I read so much on nutrition I'm not sure where I get all my info, but I did read on Prevention.com and in my magazine how important the grains/fiber is. So I think that incorporates some of the Whole Foods thinking as well. How are you doing Bev, Bobby?

Trish

Bobbolink
03-06-2008, 05:37 AM
Fiber? Ah yes, I'm the fiber queen. When I first became aware of fiber and what it does for you I was amazed. Not only does it keep you full but moves everything along, if you know what I mean. I start every morning out with Fiber One. I have little snack zip bags with a serving in it, eat it dry like popcorn while I sit in bed and do Bible studies. Later I always eat a regular breakfast. One serving of Fiber One dry is only 60 calories and you get 57% of your daily fiber from just that. Most people can eat this with milk, I love milk but can't abide soggy cereal, so love it dry.
I'd love to hear what everyone is eating and how they are working it into the FBD program. I personally count calories, but include the MUFA's in.
Bobbo

m2nd2none
03-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Greetings one and all:

Good news I've lost 6 lbs. Although I was initially discouraged, It occured to me that it may be taking longer for me to see real weight loss because I lift weights. Muscle weighs more than fat. I guess I also really need to use a tape measure to see if I'm loosing inches. :carrot:

Bev
03-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Hi everyone,

Well I am doing pretty good. I am combining weight watchers with MUFA's. So far it is working for me. I usually count calories but I decided to give ww a try again. So Trish it seems we are following the same plan. I am also working on getting enough of fiber in my diet.

Bev

pattygirl63
03-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Looks like we all got a good start. I like your idea Bobbi of the snack of fiber one. Bev interesting we ended up doing the same. I see food in pts and it just makes it easier for me. I mark on foods that I can how many pts per serving so it kind of became a habit. m2nd2none I started using my measuring tape for those times my scales didn't move and I learned that even though the scale didn't move there was something going on because I would still lose inches.

pattygirl63
03-07-2008, 05:35 PM
I had the best breakfast. I call it Chocalate Walnut Oatmeal. I used 1 serving of oatmeal (I like old fashioned and make it in microwave using amount of water & timing for consistency I prefer). I added 1/2 T each of walnuts and semi-sweet chocolate morsels. Total 4 pts and delicious. MUFA breakfast. I had mine with WW Amaretto yogurt and a cup of coffee.

For dinner I had a eally good pizza made with 1 WW tortilla, 1/4 c pizza sauce, 1/3 c lowfat shredded mozzarella cheese topped with 8 large black olive slices (MUFA). 5 pts.

I read today on a newsletter I get by e-mail and they said that brown rice is the best way to build our bones ladies. So I am going to have to learn to eat at least 1/2 c a day. I thought that maybe on days when I don't plan a meal with it like today, I can make a 0 pt soup and add 1/2 c of the brown rice to it for a meal or snack.

Bobbolink
03-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Yum, chocolate Walnut oatmeal! Don't ya love the MUFA's on this plan. One of my favorite concoctions is a flatout toasted until crisp, topped with applesauce, splenda, cinnamon and walnuts.
We've been eating brown rice for years (unless we have Chinese take-out). I think white rice has no flavor compared to brown and that's good to know about our bones. At my age I just don't have the bone density that I had when younger.
I think we've lost quite a few FBD people, I think many are waiting to see what happens.
Bobbi

Bev
03-09-2008, 05:59 PM
Bobbi, That flatout recipe sounds really good. I am going to have to try it. I am always looking for new things to eat. What is your favorite flavor flatout to eat? I have only had the original light ones.

Bev

pattygirl63
03-10-2008, 01:41 AM
I've never had a flatout. What is it and where do I find it? What part of the store? Recipe sounds good. I'd like to try it. I forgot to measure today, but was my WI. I ended up with a total 5.5 lb loss this week.

Bev
03-10-2008, 09:09 AM
I buy my flat out bread at super walmart. I find mine either by the tortillas or by the deli. To me it looks like a weird shape tortilla. The are called flatout wraps.

bev

knitsforfive
03-10-2008, 12:02 PM
How do I sign up for the online version? I went to the website (the one I found in google) but I don't see where you can sign up for anything online.

TIA

Bobbolink
03-10-2008, 01:23 PM
I use the original Light Flat outs the most. The Italian Flat outs make great pizza's. I have a countertop toaster oven that I toast the wraps in, then spread with pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni, cheese, then I pop them back in the oven to melt cheese. I love these! You can go to the Flat Out web site for lots of recipes and creative ideas for using them.
Bobbi

m2nd2none
03-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Greetings Everyone:

The scale is still moving very slow, but my body is really starting to shape up.

I love pizza made w/Flat Out. The Chocolate walnut oatmeal sounds wonderful. I will give that a try. My latest new food was a asian shrimp and spinach salad. I used sesame oil, rice wine vineger and ginger for the dressing.

Bobbolink
03-18-2008, 02:25 AM
Asian Shrimp, please share the recipe. You have all the ingredients we love.

Bobbi

KateB
03-20-2008, 12:50 AM
Hey Bobbi and everyone else. I kind of went MIA for a few weeks. Work has been insanely busy!!!

I have been on Flat Belly Diet since Jan 21. I have lost 24.9 pounds. I plan on canceling my online subscription.

But actually I should say I am on Flat Belly Calorie Counting Superfoods Supervised by my Doctor and Dietician plan.

I am using the MUFA principal. I have been eating Superfoods everyday. I had metabolic testing and doctor determined I needed more than the 1600 calories a day that are on the Flat Belly Diet. He recomends 1800 to 1900 a day for me. My dietician also wants me to have more protien than FBD recommends. I track my calories on The Daily Plate. My dietician loves that it has Cal, carb, fat, protien, sodium and all the other stuff it tracks.

I have been exercising nearly every day. 60 minutes of cardio and 30-45 minutes of weight training. I love the way I feel!!! I have lost 7" inches off my waist and 4" off my "front butt"!!! I no longer huff and puff like the big bad wolf when I climb a flight of stairs!!! Best of all my blood pressure is in the "normal" range!!!

I am trying to lose 50% of my orginal body weight. I don't want to do surgery unless it is the ABSOLUTE last resort...and if this doesn't work then it WILL BE my last resort. I am doing it smart this time and trying to make changes that I can keep up for a lifetime!!!

NIKKI2
03-29-2008, 12:52 AM
So Is The Flat Belly Diet Based On A Calorie Count Of 1600 Plus Adding A Mufa At Each Meal?

SandyFL
07-13-2008, 03:32 PM
I have read about the diet and am curious how strict the 4 day jump start and then the diet is. Most diets I have tried all have things that I don't like - yogurt being one of the main ones. What kind of foods are on the diet? I want to know if I will find enough to eat to make it work.
Thanks

tigerchic89
07-23-2008, 12:20 AM
subbing to find out more. Do you have to order teh book?

mistee
07-23-2008, 01:57 AM
Hey everyone. I am new to this, but I thought your plan sounded interesting. I would be willing to join your club about flat belly dieting.

I don't have alot of personal info up yet, but I'm 51; 156 lbs and 5'3. I am very active, and love to exercise. I also eat healthy food, but around 9:00 at night, I HAVE to eat a couple of things. A tough habit tobreak. Consequently, I do have not a flat belly, ha ha!

Hope we can trade some info and help everyone. I'd LOVE to lose 30 lbs, and really need the support and motivation of others.

This will be fun,
Mistee:carrot::carrot:

Bobbolink
07-23-2008, 09:51 AM
It depends on whether you join the online group or do it on your own. I did both, joined the online and ordered the book. I sent the book back because you don't need it if online. Actually, I first read about it in my Prevention magazine and they give you the guideline there. Maybe you can google Prevention magazine and find out about it there. Good luck! Someone asked earlier if the first 4 days are strict, heck no! No big deal.

delitaagain
08-06-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm in.

Bobbolink
08-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Delitaagain...This thread was moved into the general plans I think? I don't do the FlatBelly Plan anymore so I don't know where this thread was moved to. Good Luck!

delitaagain
08-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks, Bobbi! That is where this is showing up for me but I see only your reply yet my post says 78 replies. ??? So, what plan are you on now? Delita

Bobbolink
08-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Like most of us, I've tried every diet in the book. I never get to far over weight, when I hit 30 pounds I take action. I've always had the best success with counting calories. You just can't go wrong weighing and limiting calories. I'm 63, have a bad back and feet so exercising is out of the question for me. I do limit my calories to 1200 or under, usually I'm way under because I eat lost of fiber and never get very hungry. The Flat Belly program is a great plan and I still get Flax Oil in everyday, very important. The balance of my diet is eating lots of fruits/veggies, I limit my meat to 4 oz. at supper time. I'm not a sweet eater so I never have that temptation other than pudding. At night I usually have a pudding topped with fresh fruit (Raspberries for the last 3 weeks from our garden) or whatever
is in season. I don't believe in not eating before bed. I actually sleep better if I have food in me before retiring. I started posting again on 3 FF after many months, June 2nd I hit 160 pounds, I have since lost 18 pounds in that short of time due to cutting back on calories. Maybe you should post on several threads asking if anyone is on the Flat Belly and if they have a thread started somewhere else. You could start a new thread also, are you actually on the plan, just starting? Hope you find others that are on it, you can lose on it. Good Luck.

KateB
08-08-2008, 11:19 AM
I'll chime in here too since Flat Belly Diet was the plan I used I began this journey. It is an awesome plan!!! I ordered the book and got 3 months of the "Web Version" free. In the time it took for the book to arrive I was very comfortable with the plan and never read the book. I have migrated from Flat Belly Diet, to calorie counting. I use some of the principals of the Flat Belly Diet along with my calorie counting. I think the 4 day jump start is an awesome way to start any diet. I repeated the 4 day Jump Start when my wieght loss stalled and it seemed to kick things back into gear.

So why did I discontinue my online membership?? Well to say this nicely...I just felt there was not enough support from other members like there is here. Bluntly put...Too many people whining about what they couldn't do or didn't like. The support here is far and away the best of any online group I have belonged to. I have found I need the support. I, like Bobbi, do not believe in not eating before going to bed. In fact my dietician wants me to have a snack before bed. This is due to the fact that I am insulin resistant. I also eat some flax oil or olive oil daily.

The key with any eating plan is finding what works for you and your lifestyle. Good Luck on your Journey.

Bobbolink
08-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Kate, I feel the same way. I actually sent the book back because all the information I needed was on the Flat Belly site. They should have worked out all the kink before gathering memberships, that's why we had so many people complaining. It looks like you're doing a fantastic job of losing Kate, good for you.

So why did I discontinue my online membership?? Well to say this nicely...I just felt there was not enough support from other members like there is here. Bluntly put...Too many people whining about what they couldn't do or didn't like. The support here is far and away the best of any online group I have belonged to. I have found I need the support. I, like Bobbi, do not believe in not eating before going to bed. In fact my dietician wants me to have a snack before bed. This is due to the fact that I am insulin resistant. I also eat some flax oil or olive oil daily.

delitaagain
08-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Thanks, Bobbi and Kate!

I just bought the book today with the 3 month free membership. I'm a *book* person but figure the online will help at first although I can see already that my support will be here. I'm using the FLD for a kick-start so I want my blog etc. here rather than there.

I just printed out my first menu and shopping list. Looks pretty intense but the first round is only four days and I'm guessing it will do what it is designed to do. I hope some others will join me here!

Thanks for the tip on posting on other threads - I just started a bog (read: limited time) but will give it a shot. Thanks!

delitaagain
08-08-2008, 11:10 PM
I was very glad to see their menu planner offered a wheat-free option (well, really, gluten free - but close enough). Very helpful.

delitaagain
08-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Mistee, what do you think? Are you in? Hope so!! =)

KateB
08-09-2008, 08:50 AM
Kate, I feel the same way. I actually sent the book back because all the information I needed was on the Flat Belly site. They should have worked out all the kink before gathering memberships, that's why we had so many people complaining. It looks like you're doing a fantastic job of losing Kate, good for you.

I kept the book because I figured it was a good plan, especially the 4 day jump start. I didn't want to keep paying for the online membership, so I can look back at the book becuase I would never remember all the fine details. One of the things I did like about the website was the detailed menu and shopping list. It really helped get me started.

Thanks for the compliment Bobbi!! This is the longest I have been able to stick with a plan in about 10 years. Yesterday I actually the smallest pair of jeans that I have kept over the years of increasing. Anything I lose from this point forward will be the lowest I have weighed in over 10 years.

Bobbolink
08-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Awesome on the smaller jeans, makes you feel good huh!
One of the best tips I can give on losing weight is Fiber. I average over 50 grams per day, it keeps me full and the weight just keeps dropping off.
Continued good luck to you!

delitaagain
08-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Congrats, Kate! That is awesome! Yea for you!

I am finding the FBD meal planning and shopping lists extremely helpful, too.

I am on day 2 but want to keep 3fc my diet home because 1) it is the best and 2) I see the FBD as a tool, not my journey.

Sure would like to find some more FBD folk at 3FC but finding time limits me most.

Later!

delitaagain
08-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Awesome on the smaller jeans, makes you feel good huh!
One of the best tips I can give on losing weight is Fiber. I average over 50 grams per day, it keeps me full and the weight just keeps dropping off.
Continued good luck to you!

Bobbi, I believe in fiber too. Finding and getting more fiber in my early 40ies I believe changed my life and health hugely in very important ways.

andreaphilip3
08-11-2008, 02:42 PM
mufa ios not exclusive to this so callwd flat belly thing. its a made up fancy name for healthy oils.

delitaagain
08-11-2008, 03:14 PM
mufa ios not exclusive to this so callwd flat belly thing. its a made up fancy name for healthy oils.

Right you are! Are you doing the flat belly diet, Andrea?

ArmyWife02
08-11-2008, 04:27 PM
i'd liek to do the 4 day jump start to kick things into gear, i'm at a plateau...I do count calories, but need something to boost me and the 4 days JS might be what I need...What all types of foods are eaten during those 4 days?? Thanks.

delitaagain
08-12-2008, 02:54 PM
i'd liek to do the 4 day jump start to kick things into gear, i'm at a plateau...I do count calories, but need something to boost me and the 4 days JS might be what I need...What all types of foods are eaten during those 4 days?? Thanks.

Hi! I'm an Army Mom so I automatically *love* all Army wives! :hug:

I'm on day 3 and loving it. I've learned that some do go back and use the jumpstart days to kick themselves off a plateau.

I haven't read the book but understood the MUFA (good fats) principle before they created the diet.

My understanding is that the 4 jumpstart days are basically to reduce bloat and get our systems working better. And, it does seem to work!

By day 3 I have had virtually no hunger or cravings (not even caffeine), I'm feeling good and feeling *thinner* although I haven't weighed yet. My calorie counts for these four days are around 1200-1300 per day. I plan to go up to 1600-1800 on day 5 and stay there 28 days.

It is set up as a 4-day jumpstart followed by a 28 day plan, then re-evaluate.

It is a *Mediterranean style* menu with lots of fresh fruits/veggies, cheese, yogurt and lean meats, and the added pleasures of nuts, seeds, avocados, olives and chocolate (but not in the jumpstart).

Some keys are calorie counting, 4 meals a day (so no hunger), and, a MUFA (good fat) with each meal to target belly fat. There is a GREAT deal of flexibility that might not be apparent from the initial look.

For example, I clicked on "no gluten" so the menus the site plans for me are wheat free! I need that! And, the plan site makes it easy on changing up things. And gives a shopping list.

Two of my favorite parts are the *Sassy* water and the fruit shake with flax seed oil that you drink each day. I'm thinking I'll keep those in my long term plan.

I bought the book from Prevention (in bookstores in October) to get 3 free months on the website. If you want to spend less you could buy the book on ebay or *used* from Amazon (cheapest).

delitaagain
08-13-2008, 02:32 PM
He-he-he, I finished day 3 :-) and did an early sneak weigh in! :o :carrot:

Stay tuned for tomorrow...

Bobbolink
08-13-2008, 05:12 PM
Hang in there, day 4 tomorrow and it's back to normal eating. I didn't mind the jump start at all, actually it took lots of meal planning out of my schedule because there wasn't much choice. Let us know how much you dropped, I can't remember what I did after the 4 days, I think maybe it was 8 pounds.

ArmyWife02
08-13-2008, 06:34 PM
I have a question? How many mg of MUFAs are we supposed to eat each day? I just looked up chopped pecans (1/4 cup is a serving of 200 cal and about 12mg). But I can't find anywhere where it tells you how much to each each day. I calorie count and thats a lot of calories to intake for only 1/4 cup of a snack....are there otehr yummy lower calorie MUFAs out there? I'm looking for a list of MUFAs but not having much luck on a good list. Thanks.

Bobbolink
08-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Sorry, I threw out all my information on this plan. But I remember the uproad 1/4 cup of nuts caused and nobody ate 1/4 cup. We all thought it was a misprint. I think a normal serving is 2 Tablespoons but I could be wrong. I know I didn't eat that much! I'd go with 2 Tablespoons if I were you. I still lost all that weight, I even cut back on my MUFA's.

ArmyWife02
08-13-2008, 07:29 PM
alright thanks. I looked at my bag of pecans, i bought it from the baking aisle (for using in brownies and such - hubby's fav)...and it said 200 cal for 1/4 cup of nuts, but didnt list the MUFA info...found that on sparkpeople i think....
will do the math on it for calories of 2T and have that for a snack, that shouldn't be too bad on my calories ;) lol
Thanks!

Bobbolink
08-13-2008, 08:52 PM
1 oz = 1/4 cup chopped pecans. Do you use a food scale? If not, it's worth purchasing because weighing food is so accurate. If you cut the 1 oz in half it would be 15 grams/100 calories. (1 oz = 30 grams)

ArmyWife02
08-13-2008, 09:36 PM
well i just looked, and 2T of Peanut butter is 32grams at 190cal/serving. and 1/4c of chopped pecans is 28grams at 200cal/serving. So i thought i needed some MUFA in my diet but not all the calories. So i just took some of our snack size sandwich bags out and labeled them as 100 Cal - and measured out (on my kitchen scale) a 1/2 oz of chopped pecans (which is half a serving), and put them in each bag. I now have 8 bags of 100 cal serving chopped pecans. Will make a great snack for on the go. I have them in the fridge to stay fresh, but can throw them in my purse or backpack and take with me on errands or to class. will keep me from the vending machines while I take my breaks during my 2 hours 40 min class twice a week. thansk for the idea ;)
thought i'd share my idea of the 100 cal pack pecans, and other nuts. will get other things for home, but 100 snack bags of buts will be a great on the go snack since they dont require a fridge ;)

Bobbolink
08-13-2008, 10:50 PM
I just finished 15 grams of pumpkin seeds, last night I had 15 grams of sunflowers seeds. I keep mine in the freezer because I buy them at our local food coop and there're raw. (Great MUFA)I always make a game of eating them, one at a time while savoring each seed. They last forever doing that, just a little mind trick. Good idea to have bags ready to go. I do that with my Fiber One cereal, I have lost 19 pounds counting calories since June 2nd. I put one serving of Fiber One + 1 Tablespoon Flax seed in a zip lock snack bag and eat one serving for breakfast with 1/2 cup vanilla skim milk and a sliced peach. I have another bag of Fiber One+Flax seed over SF pudding and Cool Whip at bedtime. I average over 50 grams of fiber per day and that's the best tip I can give you. Keep the fiber up, you'll stay full! But it's very important to drink lots of water with that much fiber or it'll backfire on you and bind you up. Ouch!:D I package up the whole box in the snack zips so I don't have to fumble around in the am. I'm bidding on a new fry pan on Ebay and I'm highest bidder so far, bidding ends in a few minutes so I better shut up and click into my bid. Nighty-Night

delitaagain
08-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Flat Belly Jump Start:

4 days
6.6 pounds gone!
2″ off waist!

You can see more details on m blog post. This is actually 5" !!!!!!!! off my waist in 4 weeks!!!

Today I start the Flat Belly Diet 28 day plan. =D

Bobbolink
08-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Congratulations! :cheer2: :congrat: :carrot: :jig: :bravo::woo:

Great Job:high:

delitaagain
08-14-2008, 02:28 PM
I package up the whole box in the snack zips so I don't have to fumble around in the am.

I so use the snack zips to pre-package things ahead, also some small plastic containers purchased just for that. I like to do it as I put up the groceries. ;-)

I also have a fiber success story! LOL

Thanks for your hoppin' congrats!!!

delitaagain
08-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Please note that if you add these to your diet without controlling calories (and perhaps observing other good nutritional principles) they will probably result in weight GAIN. These are one key to the Fat Belly Diet, there is much more to it than just eating MUFAs. These need to be eaten with protein. Any food that causes cravings is something you are sensitive to and probably best avoided.

Nuts/seeds - 2 Tablespoon
raw or dry roasted, unsalted

Oils - 1 Tablespoon

1 Olives - 10 olives or 2 Tablespoons Tapenade

Avocado - 1/4 cup

Chocolate - 1/4 cup
semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (207)

danemom
08-14-2008, 10:34 PM
Tomorrow starts my JS. I have my sassy water in the fridge and all the food that I will need for the next 4 days. I will weigh myself in the morning and then again on Tuesday morning.

While I can't say I'm looking forward to it, I'm excited about losing this bloated oompa loompa like felling I have.

rosie1950
08-17-2008, 12:38 AM
I have just joined on line to the site, and I am looking for the 4day jump start
Could anyone send it to me?

Bobbolink
08-17-2008, 01:32 PM
If you just joined the on line Flat Belly site, the program is on there. It's kind of confusing but you just have to look around, you'll find it, all the menu's and help you need. The group here at 3FF is just a support site.

delitaagain
08-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Tomorrow starts my JS. I have my sassy water in the fridge and all the food that I will need for the next 4 days. I will weigh myself in the morning and then again on Tuesday morning.

While I can't say I'm looking forward to it, I'm excited about losing this bloated oompa loompa like felling I have.

Hi, Danemom! I'm so happy to see another FBD on 3FC! I'm just finishing day 8 and feeling much better, down a solid 5.8 pounds (as of this morning), having gained some water weight back after the jumpstart. I'm very happy with it and feeling grrrrreat! LOL

Keep us posted, please!

delitaagain
08-17-2008, 09:20 PM
I have just joined on line to the site, and I am looking for the 4day jump start
Could anyone send it to me?

Hi, Rosie! Welcome to 3FC!

The jumpstart we are referring to is the first four days of the "Flat Belly Diet Plan" by Prevention Magazine. I don't think you will find instructions for it anywhere else.

There is lots of good info and support here on lots of diets. I'm doing the Flat Belly Diet for several reasons, and, come to think of it you can find a little more info and a link to it in my diet-blog, which you should be able to link to on the left here.

Let us know how you are doing, please! Don't try to figure it all out at once! There is a lot here!

Bobbolink
08-17-2008, 11:06 PM
You can also google Flat Belly Diet and find many sites with instructions, the 4 day jump start, etc. I saw the 4 day jump start and recipe for sassy water on MDFlatBellyDiet.

Bobbolink
08-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks for combining these, I wasn't aware of three different sites.

delitaagain
08-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Hey, everone!

danemom, how's it going?

I'm on day 10, which is day 6 of the 28 day plan. I'm feeling GREAT!

I have to tell you it has been a little hectic with all the setting menus and shopping lists, shopping, fixing, logging foods, and then Saturday I started back on my fitness plan (very gradually).

With the challenge of a wonky keyboard I am really struggling to get around to doing any posting.

The last two days I was a little overwhelmed and even though I had bought the foods and made the menus by mealtime I felt so rushed I just grabbed some things. I didn't do badly, though, and I'm feeling better and doing much better today.

Sunday I wore a new dress that was definitely looser than when I bought it 10 days ago. =D

I'm really excited about the long term and seeing that I can use this to change how I eat.

Anybody else doing this plan? I've lost 5+ solid pounds!

Islandgirl13
08-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Do we have to eat the mufas at the ((same time)) with our meal OR can we have it right after like a dessert? Also has anyone combined weight watchers or the south beach diet with this? Thanks

delitaagain
08-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Do we have to eat the mufas at the ((same time)) with our meal OR can we have it right after like a dessert? Also has anyone combined weight watchers or the south beach diet with this? Thanks

I remember reading in a magazine article about MUFAs several ears ago that you need good protein with the MUFA for it to work this way. In other words, just eating chocolate or avocado by itself wouldn't do the trick.

delitaagain
08-20-2008, 12:37 PM
I remember reading in a magazine article about MUFAs several ears ago that you need good protein with the MUFA for it to work this way. In other words, just eating chocolate or avocado by itself wouldn't do the trick.

Also, I understand that eating anything late a night we put on more than twice as many fat calories as eating the same food during the day.

danemom
08-23-2008, 05:30 PM
OMG the 4 day JS was a bear, but I made it. Down 4 lbs and 1 inch in my waist. Got my sister on it also.

What I am most happy about is that I am finally able to wear clothes that I haven't worn in a year. :carrot:

That and I made it to onderland.

delitaagain
08-23-2008, 07:38 PM
OMG the 4 day JS was a bear, but I made it. Down 4 lbs and 1 inch in my waist. Got my sister on it also.

What I am most happy about is that I am finally able to wear clothes that I haven't worn in a year. :carrot:

That and I made it to onderland.

Wahoo, danemom! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Congrats! That is awesome! I’m so happy for you ! I’m wearing clothes I couldn’t wear, too, but haven’t sighted onederland yet. Just grateful to have found this. I feel so good! And so glad to hear from you. Are you starting the 28 day plan now? Is your sis online? Congratulations again. WooHoo for you!

delitaagain
08-23-2008, 07:45 PM
Hi, I’m so happy to be doing his and feeling so GOOD! Today is day 14 and I get to weigh in tomorrow. My clothes are much looser! =)

Got my book and I’m even more impressed. I’m using my diet-blog for updates and journal, which I’ll be starting now that I have the book.

Anybody else interested in this plan? Gotta love one that lets you eat fays and chocolate! I’m having no hunger and no cravings. =)

delitaagain
08-24-2008, 06:13 PM
Weigh in: 269.8. =)

Reached my mini-goal of 270 for the 28 day plan, but I’m only on day 11!!!

Down 12.4 pounds on the first 2 weeks of the Flat Belly Diet. =D =D =D

Wahoo! And, feeling great. GOT MY BOOK! I LOVE this plan!

Bobbolink
08-24-2008, 07:30 PM
:congrat: Great news, you did excellent!

delitaagain
08-25-2008, 02:27 PM
:congrat: Great news, you did excellent!

Thanks, Bobbi! I was wrong, it is 11.4, but still great!

dmatulia
08-25-2008, 08:10 PM
Hello! My husband and I are on day 2 of the JS. We don't have the book yet but have already gotten a bunch of info on the internet. I do have one quesion I'm hoping someone could help me with. Is the 400 cal per meal for both men and women? Or does do men get more calories? My husband was a little light headed yesterday! He is certain he does ........ haha!

Bobbolink
08-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Yes, he does get more calories per meal. I sent my book back because all the information was on the Flat Belly membership that I had. I don't remember how many, maybe someone can look that up for you, otherwise I'll see what I can find.

dmatulia
08-26-2008, 01:54 AM
Thank you, that would be great. I did find some info for the guys in one of Cynthia Sass' blog but nothing that gives a specific number, as it does for women. I can't remember if it was here or in another blog, but read somewhere that men shouldn't do the jumpstart because the calories are too low. So no wonder he's light headed....... poor guy! We're halfway thru so he'll probably stick to it.... I'll just add more protein for him. I have to say, I can see a difference already!

salsa sarah
08-26-2008, 03:31 AM
that sounds nice

delitaagain
08-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Thank you, that would be great. I did find some info for the guys in one of Cynthia Sass' blog but nothing that gives a specific number, as it does for women. I can't remember if it was here or in another blog, but read somewhere that men shouldn't do the jumpstart because the calories are too low. So no wonder he's light headed....... poor guy! We're halfway thru so he'll probably stick to it.... I'll just add more protein for him. I have to say, I can see a difference already!

I'm sorry to say I didn't read the article on men they linked to the website last week and now I can' find it. :(

They do match calorie recommendations to your stats. You might sign him up for the website for 1 month to get the menus and recommendations for him, or just increase everything depending on how active he is. The 1200/1600 guidelines they use are stated as for the average woman.

So you must be on day 3 now. Glad to hear it is going well. I would love to find some more FBD folk on 3FC. I'm blogging here about my journey with it, half-way through the 28 day plan. Hope you will check out my blog and keep us posted on your progress!

dmatulia
08-28-2008, 02:28 PM
Yes, we just finished day 4 yesterday. Hubby lost 8 lbs! I lost 3. We can both tell the inches are less. Looking forward to a wider variety of food today! I haven't bought the book yet - waiting for it in October. But wanted to get started now for our cruise at the end of Oct. I guess the plan here on out is to stick to 400 cal/per meal including a MUFA.....?

I did check out your blog, delitaagain, and really enjoyed your postings. Looks like you're doing great! I really feel like this is a food plan we can live with and stick to.

delitaagain
08-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Yes, we just finished day 4 yesterday. Hubby lost 8 lbs! I lost 3. We can both tell the inches are less. Looking forward to a wider variety of food today! I haven't bought the book yet - waiting for it in October. But wanted to get started now for our cruise at the end of Oct. I guess the plan here on out is to stick to 400 cal/per meal including a MUFA.....?

I did check out your blog, delitaagain, and really enjoyed your postings. Looks like you're doing great! I really feel like this is a food plan we can live with and stick to.

Congrats to you both! That is GREAT! I agree, I'm finishing up week 3 tomorrow and find I can really adapt this easily to my needs, and - I'm almost never hungry or having cravings/munchies. Feeling better all around!

By the way you can get the book now used from Amazon (cheapest) or new from Ebay (still less than Prevention).

I'm really hoping to find some people at 3fc who are on this, so we can work together.

Thanks for looking at my blog! I'm trying to turn it into a useful location for folks doing the Flat Belly diet, as well as whatever else.

I'm probably going to try raising my calorie count at the end of the 28 day plan but that is a long way away (12 days!) and I'm really not sure about that.

Let's stay in touch!

Delita

Mollyjean1631
08-29-2008, 06:12 PM
What is this flat belly diet? What are the details????? I want in!!

delitaagain
08-30-2008, 12:19 AM
What is this flat belly diet? What are the details????? I want in!!

Hi, Mollyjean, it is from Prevention magazine. You can look into it at prevention.com or flatbellydietplan.com. Delita

sanasue
09-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Help! I've been lurking, but now i need some help. Did the Flat belly jump start and lost 6 lbs---great!----HOWEVER, since those 4 days, i am gaining BACK half a pound each day!---i do not add salt, i am following the plan of 1600 cals. Only adjustments i made are adding one cup of coffee a day. What is going on? I am 54 and started at 155, went down to 149 and am now creeping back up. Only good thing about the whole thing is i am not hungry and i am writing what i eat down. Thanks for your advice. Sanasue

delitaagain
09-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Help! I've been lurking, but now i need some help. Did the Flat belly jump start and lost 6 lbs---great!----HOWEVER, since those 4 days, i am gaining BACK half a pound each day!---i do not add salt, i am following the plan of 1600 cals. Only adjustments i made are adding one cup of coffee a day. What is going on? I am 54 and started at 155, went down to 149 and am now creeping back up. Only good thing about the whole thing is i am not hungry and i am writing what i eat down. Thanks for your advice. Sanasue

Hang on, your body just lost some of that in water weight. I lost 6.6 the first week and 5. something the second (but did a second jumpstart due to getting into aspartame), then bounced back up several pounds and it took a week to lose that, but the next week, I was at 11 pounds lost over 3 weeks, and I believe that is a true weightloss (not just water weight). I have one week to go on the 28 day plan.

If you decrease your calories below 1600 you won't be getting enough to maintain and your metabolism will slow down. Just hang in there and it will work. But keep posting, too, please. I hope you'll visit my blog, too. I'm trying to blog my experience with the Flat Belly Diet.

sanasue
09-04-2008, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement Delitaagain, the scale showed a lb lost today so that made me feel better. I am still trying to find my way around this board, but i will definitely take a look at your blog. I will keep you all posted of my anticipated success.

Sanasue

Kelly46
09-07-2008, 08:44 PM
Phyliss,
I am tempted to join the belly fat site for the tree mos free. Once you are in, and you decide to stay, do you know how much they charge? Just wondering.

I'm new here and i'm very interested in this diet, way of eating. I have most of my weight in my tummy and hip area. I"m 47 and perimenopausal. I need to drop 30 lbs and really need some support.

This looks interesting.
Thanks, Kelly

Prazteam
09-08-2008, 01:55 AM
Hi all.
Tomorrow is my 3rd week on FBD. So far I'm down 20# and I lost 5.5" on the JS. I haven't measured since then. I'm a 3 month member on the website, not sure I'll continue on there after that. I got the cookbook and there are a lot of great recipes in there.
Looks like you all are doing great on FBD, hope you don't mind my stopping by. I did LA Weightloss for a while here at 3FC and I loved the site. (Dh lost 89 pounds, I lost 69 but gained most of it back) So, here I am. Starting over. Again. Hopefully for the last time since I finally found a way of eating that includes chocolate. Who'd a thunk?!? :D
Hugs and blessings,
Pearl

Bobbolink
09-08-2008, 10:50 AM
I would say to definitely join the 3 months Flat Belly site, I joined plus ordered the book. I actually sent the book back because everything you need is on the site. After my 3 months were up, I dropped out. I had all the information I needed and I didn't think it was worth the money just to talk with other Flat Belly folks, we can do that for free right here on 3FF's.

Prazteam
09-08-2008, 12:44 PM
I purchased the book at flatbellydiet.com and got the 3 "free" months. Of course I was able to view the info there while waiting on the book to come (2weeks later). The site gave me the "hows" and when the book finally got here, it gave me the "whys". I really haven't referred back to the book since I read it, although I probably should soon. Just to refresh this old mind.

Rdhedd
09-08-2008, 03:21 PM
OK, so I just joined the 3 mos free website and will be getting the book in about 2 weeks....I am anxious to get started and see how it goes!:)

Prazteam
09-09-2008, 03:52 AM
Okay, I didn't make great choices this weekend, but I'm down 7.5 inches since 8/18. Woo Hoo! :carrot:

delitaagain
09-10-2008, 03:45 AM
Thanks for the words of encouragement Delitaagain, the scale showed a lb lost today so that made me feel better. I am still trying to find my way around this board, but i will definitely take a look at your blog. I will keep you all posted of my anticipated success.

Sanasue

Thanks! Please leave a comment when you come by so I'll know when you're there. Are you on the 28 day plan now? Today (Wednesday) is my last day. This has been a fast 28 days! lol

delitaagain
09-10-2008, 03:48 AM
Phyliss,
I am tempted to join the belly fat site for the tree mos free. Once you are in, and you decide to stay, do you know how much they charge? Just wondering.

I'm new here and i'm very interested in this diet, way of eating. I have most of my weight in my tummy and hip area. I"m 47 and perimenopausal. I need to drop 30 lbs and really need some support.

This looks interesting.
Thanks, Kelly

Hi, Kelly! Maybe this has already been answered - I'm just catching up. They sent me a note that they would bill my card $45 after 3 months if I did NOT cancel. I'm still thinking I will cancel. I presume that would be for another 3 months.

delitaagain
09-10-2008, 03:50 AM
Hi all.
Tomorrow is my 3rd week on FBD. So far I'm down 20# and I lost 5.5" on the JS. I haven't measured since then. I'm a 3 month member on the website, not sure I'll continue on there after that. I got the cookbook and there are a lot of great recipes in there.
Looks like you all are doing great on FBD, hope you don't mind my stopping by. I did LA Weightloss for a while here at 3FC and I loved the site. (Dh lost 89 pounds, I lost 69 but gained most of it back) So, here I am. Starting over. Again. Hopefully for the last time since I finally found a way of eating that includes chocolate. Who'd a thunk?!? :D
Hugs and blessings,
Pearl
Hi, Pearl - nice to *meet* you! I'm finishing my 28 day plan today. Wow - you did GREAT! I agree - 2008 is my year, too! Please stop by my blog and leave a comment. I'd love to hook up with more FBD olks. I don't have the cookbook yet but haven't really made much headway through all the menus and recipes in the book and on the website - probably will wait till I'm off the website. Delita

delitaagain
09-10-2008, 03:52 AM
I purchased the book at flatbellydiet.com and got the 3 "free" months. Of course I was able to view the info there while waiting on the book to come (2weeks later). The site gave me the "hows" and when the book finally got here, it gave me the "whys". I really haven't referred back to the book since I read it, although I probably should soon. Just to refresh this old mind.

Know what you mean. I've started re-reading it slowly now, just to get in ingrained in the brain. I like the pages good for photocopying and all the menus.

delitaagain
09-10-2008, 03:53 AM
OK, so I just joined the 3 mos free website and will be getting the book in about 2 weeks....I am anxious to get started and see how it goes!:)

Welcome! Let us know how it goes! Please feel free to ask questions here or on my blog. I had a lot at first! LOL

delitaagain
09-10-2008, 03:54 AM
Okay, I didn't make great choices this weekend, but I'm down 7.5 inches since 8/18. Woo Hoo! :carrot:

Hey, congrats! That is AWESOME!

Prazteam
09-11-2008, 04:39 PM
I tried to get to your blog but it says it doesn't exist... what am I doing wrong? :dizzy:
Pearl

delitaagain
09-11-2008, 06:30 PM
I tried to get to your blog but it says it doesn't exist... what am I doing wrong? :dizzy:
Pearl

Well, that's no fun. I tried putting a link in my sig file under the ticker. See if that one will work? I just finished my 28 day plan! Delita

delitaagain
09-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Finished my 28 day plan yesterday and weighed in today. 11.8 pounds lost in 32 days. Today I am raising my calorie level as I think I should have done that when I started exercising. I've put a few of my favorite menus in my blog if anyone is interested.

Tonibird
09-12-2008, 06:20 PM
I want to try the flat belly diet. I have the 4 day jump start plan but where can I find the 28 day plan. I do not want to buy the book online and have not found it in any stores. I plan on starting the 4 day Sunday. Please Help. :(

delitaagain
09-14-2008, 05:19 PM
You can't buy the book in stores until October, but... You can get it from Ebay, or one of the used books at Amazon (bring up the book, then click on used books). Or, I think you can subscribe to the website without buying the book. If you are not a book person, I'd do that because they will make menus for you and you can log your food, ask questions, etc. I got the 3-months free on the website for buying the book, and I'll drop the website before it renews (abou $15-16 a month) but continue to use the book for ideas. Please feel free to check out my blog and you can ask questions there, too. What made you pick this diet? Delita

spanky
09-16-2008, 12:21 PM
Good Morning!

I found the 4 Day Jumpstart over on the Spark Pages and am going to spend the rest of this week trying it out. I wanted to join the online program BUT they do make you buy the book to get the 3 free months--maybe that's a new development? Just not ready to fork over the money for yet another diet book since I have tended to jump in compulsively and now have a small fortune in diet books on my shelf!

So--other than the fact the taste of the sunflower seeds on my cereal was irksome, I've managed the first breakfast...

spanky

Prazteam
09-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Spanky, I didn't like sunflower seeds on cereal either but I do enjoy pecans or walnuts. Or you can eat them seperately. The first 4 days are the hardest, although I didn't mind them. I did have a caffeine free induced headache but it was mild. Best wishes on JS!
Pearl

spanky
09-17-2008, 11:11 AM
Hi Pratz!

For me, nuts are a problem. I was once hospitalized over 'em and don't want to go there again so I'll have to work around it. There's plenty other types of MUFA things I can use...

Last night after work [1 am for me on second shift] I messed up already and finished off the chili leftovers. Today I'll have a snack ready!

spanky

Prazteam
09-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Hi Pratz!
Last night after work [1 am for me on second shift] I messed up already and finished off the chili leftovers. Today I'll have a snack ready!

Spanky,
I save my snack for the last meal of the day and have a smoothie made with all sorts of things, 1 cup of milk, and LOTS of ice. It comes out like a Wendy's frosty!
I do blueberry, strawberry, peach, pineapple/banana, chocolate, chocolate peanut butter, chocolate cherry, chocolate/almond/coconut, etc...
I've become a smoothie junkie!
Blessings,
Pearl

delitaagain
09-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Spanky, hi! And I didn't even *think* of putting the sunflower seeds on my cereal, just ate them separately. Yea for you! Let us know how it goes. I think you can buy one month on the website for $15-16?? Not sure. You can get the book cheapest off Amazon used books if you decide you want it and don't mind used.

delitaagain
09-17-2008, 01:44 PM
Pearl, do you di any protein with your late night smoothie? Just curious. If I have to raise my calories again I'm thinking I'll go to two snacks a day and make one a smoothie. Are you adjusted to all the menu planning??

delitaagain
09-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Sunday was 265.8, down 2.4 (second week in a row at that)! Starting to get used to eating this way. Very happy with how I feel and down 15.4 in 6 weeks! Delita

ChickieBell
09-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Ok chicks,
I joined up online. I had to buy the book. How's everyone doing?

Peace,
Chickie

Charis
09-30-2008, 04:14 PM
I just started this myself! I'm on Day 2 of the jumpstart. Need to deviate tonite b/c I'm going out to dinner with the fiance. Gonna try to eat less - pack half away, etc. I'm glad to have found you guys on here! :carrot:

delitaagain
10-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Ok chicks,
I joined up online. I had to buy the book. How's everyone doing?

Peace,
Chickie

How's it going, ChickieBell? Cool name, btw. I am on week eight and have lost 16.2 total, almost 3" off waist. Also exercising now. Feeling much more energetic.

I just started this myself! I'm on Day 2 of the jumpstart. Need to deviate tonite b/c I'm going out to dinner with the fiance. Gonna try to eat less - pack half away, etc. I'm glad to have found you guys on here! :carrot:

Welcome, Charis. Keep us posted. I think it is like many diets, it works about as well as we work it. It is a lot easier than some, I think, to eat well and lose weight. More energy, no hunger. What's not to like?

Summersweety
11-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Hi, I just started today. I made the water last night, and it is not to bad. I think I need to get something special to grate the ginger, though. I have been exercising so I hope I do well these first 4 days.

beau159
11-11-2008, 02:44 PM
I **almost** bought the book off of Ebay a couple days ago when I first heard of this plan, more or less out of shear curiosity.

My understanding of the plan is that you eat to target the fat cells in the tummy area, correct? (Hence why it is called the flat belly diet.)

My question is: How does it target cells in a specific area? To my understanding and reading, it's not possible to tell the body *where* to lose fat.

So please enlighten me!

As right now I see this diet as nothing more than regular PROVEN calorie-intake control and diet balance that's been around forever. What makes this diet different and better?

debblr
11-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Bobbi,

Phyllis

I found you, thinking about the 4 day start up. I had the book in my hand yesterday and Costco and tried to purchase with a prescription. No can do and I was not going to wait in another line. Sounds interesting and easy, I did the south beach and it worked. So should I break down and buy the book and recipe book they offer online? Is it worth it?

debblr
11-16-2008, 06:36 PM
I **almost** bought the book off of Ebay a couple days ago when I first heard of this plan, more or less out of shear curiosity.

My understanding of the plan is that you eat to target the fat cells in the tummy area, correct? (Hence why it is called the flat belly diet.)

My question is: How does it target cells in a specific area? To my understanding and reading, it's not possible to tell the body *where* to lose fat.

So please enlighten me!

As right now I see this diet as nothing more than regular PROVEN calorie-intake control and diet balance that's been around forever. What makes this diet different and better?

My husband told me years ago about a late night infomercial with the blonde from Threes company. She claimed all sugar goes straight to our belly. The southbeach diet proved this for me personally when you can eat and still lose your belly it's crazy but it works. I recommend you measure yourself prior to starting especially if you workout. I lost inches before weight and was discouraged but new the clothes were not so tight around my waist.

katherine
11-20-2008, 04:36 PM
Hi, I am in the second week of the diet and am a bit discouraged. I lost 6 lbs during the first 4 days, but haven't lost anything else since. I have followed the menus exactly. I even bought a digital food scale and have been weighing everyhting to make sure. My husband and I are doing it together and he has lost 10 lbs! Any advice?

Summersweety
11-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Don't give up! Men always lose faster, it's not fair. See what happens next week. Read the end of the post above yous. Have a great week, and a Happy Thanksgiving.

MrKeith
11-23-2008, 03:37 PM
I have never really had much luck on this diet, by heck, that is just me! What do I know?

beau159
12-16-2008, 12:30 AM
Well ... I bought the book!

I also made another post too here on the gen diet forum but basically, I"m just wondering how all you deal with eating every 4 hours? My college class schedule is not very compatible with it.

Has anyone found out how much "wiggle room" you have on those 4 hours? Would I be okay not eating for 5 or 6 hours sometimes on certain days? (For example, I have class from 8:00 to 5:30 on Thursday next semester with NO BREAKS and there's no way I'm living off of Luna bars for a semester!) And no .... I did not organize my schedule this way. I'm going to school for optometry and I am taking 9 classes and 5 labs and we do not have a choice with our schedules.)

So any tips on the eating every 4 hours? I probably won't start the diet until after the Christmas break just because I'll be doing a lot of traveling to visit family and friends at home.

zandralexia
12-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Im new to the site and the diet I'm very excited about it and cant wait to start tomorrow. Just thought I would say hi and check in as I begin this.

Alexx

minimama
12-28-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm on day two of the four day jumpstart and I've been more or less (sometimes less but mostly more) hungry the whole time. I was so hungry last night I couldn't fall asleep and had to have a bowl of cereal to take the edge off. I scaled back my exercise to a 30 minute walk, I'm drinking a 10oz glass of the sassy water per hour, and I doubled up on the veggies at lunch and dinner today yet I still spent most of the day in a ravenous state (-5 on the hunger scale).

Tomorrow I have to go to work and even though it will probably be a light day if I'm as hungry as I am today I won't be able to concentrate on anything. I'll be really cranky to boot. Anybody have any tips on feeling fuller or should I just ditch the jumpstart and get on with the 28 day plan?

lodyangel
12-29-2008, 04:04 PM
minimama...
I did not like the jumpstart. I am restarting the diet since the holidays are over and I am foregoing the jumpstart. I was really hungry on the jumpstart too, and I cheated some but still lost 5 pounds the first 4 days. So just hang in there. It's almost over.

zandralexia
12-29-2008, 07:43 PM
I know how you feel im on day 3 and am having the absolute worst cravings the only thing keeping me going is the 5 lbs I've lost since I was 198 when starting this... and even if it is water weight its still nice in the end... so hang in there you'll be okay. :)

minimama
12-31-2008, 11:41 AM
Just want to thank you all for your support and encouragement. I stuck to the jump start with double veggies and days 3 and 4 weren't so bad. I was actually satisfied after meals and I never got beyond "overly hungry" to the point of "starving". I was even able to get through a day of work on Monday. Fortunately I had Tuesday off.

At the end of it all I've lost 4.8 pounds, 2.5" off my waist (yeah! :carrot:), an inch off my thighs, a half inch off my arms, and an inch and a half off my chest (not yeah :mad:). I don't know how temporary these losses are going to be so we'll just have to wait and see where I'm at after the first week of the plan.

Thighs Be Gone
12-31-2008, 11:50 AM
Hey Ladies. I will be the first to admit I haven't read the book yet. I saw an article about four months ago on AOL and read it though. I started adding some of the things they were suggesting into my diet. I have to tell you that I immediately felt more satiated and satisfied. I continue to eat small amounts of raw almonds, black olives, high quality chocolate and avacado--and daily! I can definitely do this the rest of my life. I don't feel deprived and I don't feel hungry.

When I first started my life change in May, I was eating mostly frozen diet entrees and salads. I got through it but once I added the good fats, my days are easier and I feel like I am eating better than I have my entire life in every respect. Thanks for starting this thread. I look forward to learning more about the program.

sweetlovin
12-31-2008, 12:15 PM
This diet was featured on the today show and I really quite liked the idea of it. It doesn't seem to be something that you wouldn't be full from. It seems like a really good plan. I don't have the money right now but when I do, I will give this a go. I like the idea of having four full 400 calorie meals a day. I'm going to read and see the opinions of the people on this board.

I've been exercising but I think trying another plan would be good. I did south beach a while back and didn't care for it, so i hope its not too much like that. plus my stomach could use a bit of trimming down

Bobbolink
12-31-2008, 12:45 PM
I did the plan many months ago and lost about 16 pounds on it. I went back to calorie counting because it was easier for me. On the jump start, I followed the plan exactly and dropped about 6 pounds? I can't remember now. I found the jumpstart easy but very expensive buying all that food. I didn't go organic either! I loved the sassy water and started buying the fresh mint, chopping it up and freezing it in ice cube trays. It was then easy to make the sassy water and my expensive mint didn't dry up. I purchased the book and belonged online, you don't need the book if you go that route. I sent the book back. After my trial membership was over I quite because the plan is very easy to follow and I printed off some of the information. I highly recommend the plan if you have not been successful with other plans.

sweetlovin
12-31-2008, 01:59 PM
^hmm i am weary of trying it due to the price of food but we will see. calorie counting seems to be working better for me for the most part but maybe in the future

lodyangel
01-02-2009, 01:31 AM
After the jumpstart the food is just whatever you would normally eat with MUFAS added in. The food for the jumpstart was expensive, but if its too expensive to go that route, you don't have to do the jumpatart. I actually started this plan back in September or October when I started to read about it online. I bought a Prevention Mag that talked about the MUFA aspect and I started adding them in and felt full and satisfied and I didn't overeat! I even lost 4 pounds between Thanksgiving and Xmas. Now I am attempting to follow the plan, but have trouble with the 4 meal a day rule. I am just not hungry and don't want to eat that quickly. I have been doing 2-3 meals a day and keeping it below 1600 cals. I lost 2 pounds this week so it must be working!

poohbearrn65
01-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi all,
I am on day 3 of the jump start and I have been hungry most of the time..I don't wake up hungry though, but I go to bed hungry. I hae lost 8 lbs since Jan 1st when I started this program. The eating every 4 hrs isn't so bad. I have been eating exactly what was listed for the jump start too, have not deviated. I gained too much wt from Halloween til 12/31..I was sick for a gtood 6 weeks and was unable to get to the gym, but continued to eat what ever I wanted and now I am dealing with the consequences. I have bought a lot of the food for day 5 and beyond..like the breads and frozen fruits,. etc that some of the recipes are calling for....so we will see what happens in the week following the jump start. I did not take measurements before starting the jump start, but figured I could tell by my clothes as they were very very tight before I started on the 1st. I have yet to try them since the 8 lb loss. I have been wearing sweatpants and running pants. I have been doing the wii fit every other day though til I get back to the gym, which I hope to do this upcoming week.
I was wondering, does any one really know how much can be lost on this if you stick to it? I would like to lose about 80 lbs yet.
I am so glad this thread is here.
Lisa

poohbearrn65
01-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi all,
I am on day 3 of the jump start and finding it hard as I am hungry a lot of the time. I have been following the menu for the jump start to the "T" and have not deviated/cheated at all. I started 1/1/09. I have lost 8 lbs so far so that is encouraging. I did not measure my self before starting though and I should have. I have gained a lot of wt since halloween and was sick for at least 6 weeks that rpevented me from going to the gym, butu I kept eating so I gained w...all clothes are tight and I have been wearing sweat pants and running pants...have not tried my regular clothes yet...I will do that on Tues when I return to work.
I am very encourged by the loss so far, but wonder what will happen starting day 5. I went out and bought a lot of the foods to create food listed in the book...the breads...butter, some organic stuff to see if it helps....I want to be a success as I need to lose about 80 more lbs...and I am hoping this works..
I was given the book for my bday at my request, but am unable to join the online group I guess because I didn't purchase the book from prevention. I did order the cookbook today though.
Anyway..I am glad this thread is here and look forward to reading everyone else's thoughts on this plan.
Lisa

poohbearrn65
01-03-2009, 06:00 PM
oops...sorry all...didn't mean to post twice. I thought my 1st post did not go through, so I posted again.
Lisa

sexymommaof4
01-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi everyone I posted in the 30 something forum looking for anyone who was on this diet, and was given this link. I am on day 4 too, and loving this diet. I have lost 5.7 pounds. I am really excited because I was at a stand still for too long. I lost 35 pounds with diet and excercise then just froze in time! After 4 kids 2 of which were c-sections I have a lot of belly fat. My stomach is always hard, i'm thinking because of the fat under the muscle, which makes sense to me because even though I look really good at my weight now (159.3) my stomach is still round! I can usually hide it with a good corset and tight jeans, but who wants to wear that all the time?

Lisa- I am sure you can lose 80 pounds with this diet, especially since you are excercising as well! We both start the real menu tommorow! I can't wait for that! Chocolate raspberry waffles here I come!!!!!
Brooke

poohbearrn65
01-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Hi Brooke,
yes, tomorrow we start real food so to speak..I have my meals all planned out for bfast/lunch and dinner for the whole week. I am an organizer and this is the only way I could figure to do it..I have to know ahead of time what I am having so I can easily pack it to go to work or make it the days when i am working from home.
I had lost 50 lb on WW over the past 2 1/2 yrs, but this holiday season was really bad where I put on more wt then ever due to being sick and not exercising..I was apalled at how much can come on when you aren;t careful, so needless to say, I did this to myself and I must take t off. Unfortunately we all know it comes off a lot slower tham it goes on...which is a bummer, but I can tell you as of am of day 3...which by the way I did not show a loss this mornig, but my previously tight clothes are feeling a lot more comfortable, so I can deal with the no loss this morning. I will see what the scale shows tomorrow....
I am glad you found this thread and I am hopeful to lose the 80 that needs to come off.
Thanks for your words of encouragement and good luck to you on this journey as well.
Lisa

sexymommaof4
01-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Hi Lisa,
I just finished breakfast and I must say it was the most filling. I have a challenge today. It's my son's 9th b-day and we are having a party here. I already made it through the french toast breakfast for everyone, now I just need to get through the pizza, cake, icecream and drinks! Good luck today and on your weigh in tommorrow. I will post back my final inches lost and lbs. My goal weight is 150 so I am about 9 lbs away, however I think once I get there I might want 145 we will see.

poohbearrn65
01-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Hi Brooke,
The cream of wheat this mornin was a bit much. I could not finish it due to the taste..not that it filled me up..I probably ate half of it, so next time I ate was 11:30..the turkey and cheese stick anc carrots which I loved...I just had my strawberry milkshake..while the shakes are good..could use a uch of sweetness...like splenda...but I ate it as is...
Congrats on getting through the french toast bfast. The PIzza would be tough for me...I LOVE pizza...but I guess tomorrow if we wanted a slice we could eat one...ad a mufa...of course that would be it then....
I wish I only had a few lbs to lose...I had a lot less to lose at the end of Oct..I was 208...put on all that wt over the holidays..I could kickmyself, but what's done is done and I am moving forward...
I am anxious to see how you fared in these 4 days....I should have measured before I started...oh well...as long as my clothes start to fit again..I will be happy....
I will look forward to your post tomorrow...I work til 4 pm my time...so can check when I am done...
I am doing the eng muffin w/ pbutter (which I love) and banasa tomorrow for bfast...lunch will be the cheesy ziti....dinner is a chicken dish from the book as well...
Lisa

poohbearrn65
01-05-2009, 07:49 AM
Hi Brooke,
Just a quick note. I lost a total of 8.8 lbs doing the 4 day jump start...wish I could tell you inches...but did not measure beofre starting. Can't wait to hear how you did and how the bday party went.
This morning for bfast had a whoel wheat eng muffin with 2 tbsp pbutter and 1/2 cup banana slices...very yummy
Have a good day
Lisa

sexymommaof4
01-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Hey Lisa,
I just got home from work. I've been off on Christmas break for the past 3 weeks, and just went back to work today. I'm starting a "biggest loser" club at work and 3 of the girls I work with want to join. We are each going to put $20 in a pot and then at the end of the month or in two months whoever loses the biggest % of body weight wins the pot. Money is a good motivator for me! We might up the ante to $50 we just all have to agree. To bad I didn't think of this when I was 200 lbs! I have lost at least 40lbs now from when I started in August.
You were right the pizza was hard to pass up, and I didn't, I ate one!!! That's ok though I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Because this is a lifestyle change. Life happens, party's happen, sometimes we need to "Cheat". However I decided if I was going to have a slice of pizza and (cake) forgot to mention that, then I would do one more day of the anti bloat phase. So I purposely didn't weigh in this morning. I will weigh in tomorrow since today is my make up day! I'm curious to see how you liked your meals today? One good thing also was I only had 1 slice of pizza and some small scraps of cake. It could have been worse! I'm finding that eating small portions several times a day has shrunk my stomach, so that is a huge benefit! I Look forward to hearing how your day went.
Brooke

poohbearrn65
01-06-2009, 07:33 AM
hey Brooke,
You are right..life happens and it is a lifestyle change. Good idea about doing an extra day of the jump start as a make up.
My 1st day went well. Food was yummy. I was a bit hungry when I went to bed last night but nothing I couldn;t deal with. I am down 9.2 lbs as of this morning's weigh in..so not too bad.
I can't wait to see how your wt loss is after you weigh this morning. One good thing about this is my clothes aren't ight anymore, so I know I have lost inches...yipee...
Congrats on the 40 since Aug. It took me a long time to lose 40 lbs on ww and you did it in a few months...I just want to be under 200 again..I was there breifly over the summer then life happened and here I am ...
Gotta get to work. Have a great day.
Lisa

wvugirl
01-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Never heard of this diet, Would it be expensive to do?

poohbearrn65
01-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Wvugirl,
It can be costly to follow as a lot of stuff is organic...do you have the book??? There is a book Flat belly diet..you can check it out at your local bookstore and decide if it's right for you. I have had a lot of succss so far with it and it is day 6 for me...
Lisa

sexymommaof4
01-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Hi Lisa I'm back! Wow it has been busy around here. Working and running a house hold is a non stop job! This has been my first chance to get back on the computer. The makeup day was a great idea, except I didn't stick to it. It seems that in the evening I give in to my cravings. I never realized that before. I had two slices of pizza, and a few drinks of my husbands vanilla latte! I weighed in yesterday at 160. so a total of 4 pounds lost, not bad for being a cheater. Also I did not cut out coffee, that is something I am not willing to give up. I'd give a kid away first! (j/k) I did however lose 3 inches in my stomach! I meause around my belly button because that is where all my flab is! I can't believe you lost over 9 lbs!! That is incredible I am very proud of you!!! I did good today, I walked on the treadmill at work and have been drinking sassy water up the cazoo. I leave the lemons and stuff in my pitcher and reuse it for a few days, otherwise it would cost a fortune not to mention way too time consuming to do everyday. The flavor is still great on day 3. How are you doing?

poohbearrn65
01-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Hi Brooke,
Glad you are back. I figures life was probably crazy. I am doing well. I stopped drinking the sassy water at the end of the jump start...I did like it though, but I just drink plain water and that's all I ever drink. I don't do coffee or any hot drinks really. Never realy have. Had a hot choc on occasion, but that's it. I know, weird, but I just drink wateall day long.
4 lbs is good as you said...since you ate stuff not on the diet and didn't give up coffee. 3 in around the middle is awesome!!! I know I have lost there too, just not sure how much. Anyway...this is the start of day 8 and I weighed this morning and I am down 11 lbs....I am really happy....so I will continue to stick to it religiously...as I have been since it's working, which is my motivator right now. We are going to Disney thweek before easter and am worried about that...getting out of control. I may need to do the jump start when I get back.
I ordered the flat belly cookbook and it should be here any day. I also ordered the walking DVD and belly buster DVD....so will let you know how those go.
I have not exercised in about a week...was doing wii fit. I need to get back to the gym. It has been 2 months since I have been there
Have a good day and stay in touch with how you are doing
Lisa

Bobbolink
01-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Good Morning!
Lurker here, I was on the FBelly in January of 2008. I liked the plan and lost about 16 pounds very quickly on it. But I'm a calorie counter at heart and went back to that. I still get my mufa's in, at night I sprinkle nuts on my sugar free pudding if I haven't reached my fat% yet for the day.
Lisa...I see you have the wii fit, how do you like it? Our wii just arrived yesterday and it's not hooked up yet. I've been debating whether to purchase the wii fit, I've heard it gets boring after awhile. Does it?

poohbearrn65
01-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Bobbi,
My husband and I really like the Wii fit...the kids like it too...(2 girls 6 and 8), but they like the cardio aspect and balance games better than yoga and strength training. It keeps track of your BMI and wt for each person who logs on...you do work up a sweat doing the exercises too. The more you do it the more exercises it unlocks for all activities...we got it for Christmas and really like it...Santa brought it for the family. We need to get the mat for the wii fit...it fits right on top of the board/apparatus. I think with the wii fit it will be everyone's personal opinion...it can get boring I guess once you unlock all there is to do on it...but I have yet to do that.
Hope this helps you.
Lisa

Bobbolink
01-08-2009, 10:22 PM
thanks, we still don't have the Wii hooked up yet. My DH is reading all about it first. Lots of negative things like how it affects your health, how it can permantly ruin your t.v. screen with the waves, etc. I think he just doesn't want to hook it up?

poohbearrn65
01-09-2009, 07:28 AM
Bobbi,
you are welcome and enjoy the wii once it's hooked up.
Lisa

uscarchie
01-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Quick Question: I've bought the book, going to start tomorrow morning, but for the 4 day jumpstart: Can I eat the same breakfast everyday rather than the 4 different cereals? And can I skip the fish and substitute in either Tofu or Chicken Breast? I'm more than happy to eat the same thing for 4 days.

2PeiMom
01-09-2009, 10:28 PM
I'm no expert, having just started myself on Dec. 29, but I just bought one box of cereal and used it all 4 days. Couldn't see buying 2 expensive boxes for just 4 days. I also switched around what days I ate the chicken and the fish. I still lost 4 pounds in 4 days and another pound in the week following. I also used canola oil since I had that on hand and haven't gotten any flaxseed oil yet.

I also re-used the ingredients to the Sassy Water, starting with new every 2 or 3 days. Had to stop drinking it a few days ago, due to stomach upset from it. So now I just drink lots of plain water and/or green tea.

Good Luck!
Annie

minimama
01-10-2009, 12:50 AM
You can swap out any of the meals in the jump start for another one of the same meal so you can eat the same thing for breakfast every single day and you can swap out the fish dinner for one of the chicken dinners. I did read something on the website about a vegetarian version of the jump start being in the works but for now tofu is not on the plan for the first 4 days. You should make your sassy water using fresh ingredients every day.

I stopped drinking sassy water after the jump start and just drink plain water and mint tea now.

sexymommaof4
01-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Hi Lisa, and everyone!
I have the wii too and love it. I am going to buy the wii fit also, my kids love to play video games and I really like how the wii makes them move around, so that at least they are getting some activity. I didn't know the wii fit kept track of BMI! That is an added bonus! I think all video games get boring after a while, especially when you pass all of the levels and master the game. However the fact that there is more than one option to play is good for me at least there is a variety of activities.
I am still loving this diet, like I said before I have cheated, but in order to make it a lifestyle it has to fit my life right? I have remained at a steady weight but I am losing inches and that is really the important thing.
Congrats Lisa on losing 11 pounds! That is amazing. I've decided to get down to 145 instead of 150. According to all of the healthy weight reports out there that is the healthiest weight for my height.
I will check back soon to see how you are all doing.
Brooke

tchermom
01-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Hi everyone-I just started today and had breakfast. I just can't give up the coffee. Anyone else still doing this and having success. Thanks-Kim

uscarchie
01-12-2009, 01:01 PM
I've been doing the jumpstart for 3 days now- I replaced my coffee with green tea, because I was having terrible headaches. I'm feeling very hungry by the time a meal rolls around, but I'm doing okay. I'm down 4 lbs so far.

2PeiMom
01-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Sounds like you're all seeing progress - Congratulations!

After starting the JS two weeks ago today, I'm still holding steady at 5 pounds down. :carrot: Hoping to drop another pound by week's end.

I continue to drink lots of water and/or hot green tea. Just mostly counting calories and keeping mindful of the MUFAs. I learned something on a different plan (calorie shifting) a while back and continue to do it: Keeping at least 2.5 to 3 hours between meals and/or snacking of any kind can tend to rev up your metabolism if it's a bit sluggish, as mine is. That and not stuffing yourself at a meal. Just eat enough so that you are no longer hungry. That takes a bit of willpower and training, but I have learned to eat smaller meals and be satisfied.

:?:Question for those who've been on this for a while: Any favorite "go-to" meals? You know, ones that are within the calorie and MUFA parameters and have become favorites for you?

Have a great day everyone!:)

poohbearrn65
01-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Hi Brooke and everyone,
It's noce to see so many people npw talking about this diet. I do like the diet a lot though I have to day I had a rough weekend where I wasn't following the diet or every 4 hr rule too well, but I as exercising...did 1 1/4 hrs on wii fit...and I got the new cook book and walking/belly blast DVD's through Flat belly. I like the walking DVD, have yet to try the belly blast. I have not weighed myself since friday morning, but my clothes still feel real good so I am not complaining. I got back on the horse this morning and have stuck to it and plan on sticking to it...
As for a quick go to meal...when i am at work...I eat for a snack....1 cheese stick...1 cup baby carrots...2 tbsp pistachios and 1 pineapple fruit cup..no sugar added...
I adore the choc rasp smoothie and have that for my snack when i am wiorking at home....I have yet to finish looking through the flat belly cookbook that you canonly get through their web site right now...borders will not have it til August...couldn;t wait that long so I bought it when I bought the 2 above mentioned DVD's..
Good Luck to everyone
Lisa

amtooround
01-12-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm not on the Flat Belly Diet, but if you go to Facebook and search on it, the Fans of the Flat Belly Diet or the 'official' group has about 400 members. IF you join it there's a place you can sign up to get 3 months at the Flat Belly website for free. You don't need a credit card or anything, but you have to be one of the first 500 to sign up. Since there's not quite 400 in the group, there's still time to get it on it. It'd be a good way to learn about it and see how it's working for other people.

I follow a low GI eating plan, but i think the FBD follows at least some of the same principles. Still a little too carby for me, but it's apparently working for some people!

beau159
01-14-2009, 12:55 PM
I'm on day 4 of the jumpstart, although I wasn't able to follow it exactly (I couldn't make my smoothie shake in the middle of my afternoon of labs!!) so I just substituted what I could.

I have a question though: On the MUFA list in the book, it lists 1/4 cup as a serving for semisweet chocolate chips and it lists the calories as 207. However, I just bought a bag of the Nestle semisweet chocolate chips and on the bag, they say a serving size is 1 tbsp. Well there are 16 tbsp in 1 cup so that means I need 4 tbsp of the Nestle chips to equate to 1/4 cup. But the Nestle nutrition facts on the bag say that there are 70 calories in 1 tbsp so that means my 1/4 cup serving is actually 280 calories -- NOT 207.

What's with the HUGE discrepancy? Because almost 80 calories is a huge difference.

And I'm going to trust the Nestle bag versus the MUFA list in the book. So what do I do? Do I eat the 1/4 cup serving (and just watch it because that's almost a whole meal in itself!!!) or do I eat less than 1/4 cup so that I have 207 calories????

2PeiMom
01-14-2009, 02:13 PM
My Ghirardelli chip bag lists 16 chips at 80 calories. They're all going to be different due to varying ingredients. If it were me, I think I would trust the package too, and use an amount that would be close to the 207 calories. Just my opinion.

uscarchie
01-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Dear Flat Belly Diet-

1/4 cup of penne pasta is 5 to 6 noodles.

When I decided I would have a pasta dish for lunch, I was hoping for some pasta with stuff in it, not stuff with a sprinkling of pasta in it.

Yes, it was tasty, but why did I make the pasta? It's barely a tasty garnish. Really, my Sausage Pesto Pasta is Sausage Pesto Carrots.

Next week I'll be more efficient with my menus. And we'll skip the 1/4 cup pasta, because that's just unfair.

stratcat45
02-16-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm on day one of the JS..glad I found this thread. Have some what of a headache but I guess that is due to eating a whole lot less than normal.

Glad I'm not the only one that chose to eat the same breakfast everyday (doing the same for lunch as well)..it just made things easier.

I cannot stomach the Sassy Water though, I choked it down at breakfast and when I tried to drink it at lunch - I just couldn't swallow...so I'm sticking with plain water (which I drink alot of anyway).

Glad to see this thread and it's given me some great information.

Question - are you all sticking exactly to the plan after the JS? Only doing 4 meals, less, more?

Amy8888
02-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Hey Stratcat, thanks for finding this thread! I guess I didn't go far enough back when I was looking for this plan.

I'm sticking pretty close to the plan now that I'm done with the JS. I don't buy the exact ingredients in the book, like there's no way I can afford to buy organic everything. I went a little off the diet over the weekend since it was Valentine's day, but I tried to allow for that, like having a little wine on Saturday. Once you're done with the JS, I think you'll be impressed with the variety of food you can eat.

dollyfinn
02-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Hello All, I am hoping those of you who are doing the flat belly diet can help me. Recently, I have sorta given up on lossing weight and have just been eating for health. Since friday I have been eating like 2 tablespoons of hummus and guacomole every day. That is all I have been doing and I have lost 6lbs since Friday. Are these foods the Mufas that this diet talks about??? I am so shocked by what has happened to me that I am starting to think that I accidentially found a diet that would work for me.
If you can give me some idea if these foods are part of the program I would really appreciate it.
Thanks so much!!
gabrielle

soccermomntn
02-23-2009, 03:59 PM
I am starting the detox portion of the Flat Belly Diet tomorrow wish me luck =)

Amy8888
02-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Gabrielle, in a way those are MUFAs. If the hummus has olive oil in it, then the olive oil would count as a MUFA. Guacamole is made from avacado, and avacado is a MUFA. It's amazing that you lost so much weight while eating these foods, but I don't think adding these to your diet alone is going to cause that sort of weight loss (unless you JUST ate these foods, which of course would lead to rapid weight loss). I definitely understand why you would want to pursue the diet after that kind of experience, especially if you love avacados and olive oil!

Soccermom, good luck! The first four days are rough, so hang in there. Be creative too. I pretty much made a salad out of the tomatoes because no way could I eat a pint straight. I cut the tomatoes, used Mrs. Dash and balsamic vinegar, and cut up the cheese stick. That helped a lot.

dollyfinn
02-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Amy, thanks for your help!!

CandaceG
02-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Hi, I have been looking into starting this program. I looked it over online and the problem is that as a vegetarian the daily food plan lists a lot of meat alternatives, like boca burgers or chik patties. Even though these are very good and I like them they are also very expensive.

I enjoy reading your posts and if I decide on this eating plan, then I will be back.
Candace

Amy8888
02-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Candace, would you consider making your own veggie burgers? I have made some in the past. I don't have the recipe on hand but it involved mashing up a can of black beans with onions, different flavorings, and a filler like oats or breadcrumbs. Very cheap, and I made 4 patties at a time which I then froze individually and pulled out as needed. Do a Google search for homemade veggie burgers and I bet you'll see something you'd like.

CandaceG
02-26-2009, 12:11 PM
Amy8888,
thanks for the reply. That is a good idea. I have not tried making my own veggie burgers. I wonder if that is on their alternative list. I will have to look. I always have trouble figuring out how to add my own recipes to calorie counters or premade menu plans. But I am sure there is a way. I will take your advice and look up some recipes.

Thanks so much
Candace

Lesiab
05-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Is this thread still active?

Fitness Goddess
05-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Here's one my great recipe Low fat, Low Dairy Chocolate Ice Cream

you can check my recipe at my video at youtube just type on the search button Low Fat, Low Dair Chocolate Ice Cream. you can also check my recipes there. :carrot:

Thanks and have a great day

Cie
06-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Is this thread active?

ohfaithful
06-12-2009, 05:26 AM
I'm wondering if this is still alive too... I just ordered the book from the library but I need to call tomorrow and see if it is available. I also am thinking about joining the site but my problem is that I am allergic to wheat and there seems to be lots of wheat...are there alternatives to the wheat products?????

I'm going to do a search and see if I can come up with some of the jumpstart foods...

Thanks!

Amy8888
06-15-2009, 11:04 AM
I check in sometimes! I'm not really following this plan exactly anymore, but I'm definitely incorporating a lot of its ideas. I still go for 1,600 calories per day and eat MUFA's when I can (snacking on almonds right now!). But I've split up the meals a little more into a few smaller snacks and I don't follow the menus in the book very closely. It's just a little too fussy for me to follow full-time.

ohfaithful
06-17-2009, 06:16 AM
Thanks, I've just started incorporating the MUFA's at every meal and continuing to get in my whole foods so we will see how it goes... I like concept of 400 calores per meal...didn't meat that today for breakfast...but am definitely trying to do less fattier meats and fish...

GLChick
06-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Can someone please explain what exactly a MUFA is? Thanks. :)

ohfaithful
06-19-2009, 02:03 AM
Mufas are monounsaturated fatty acids (good fats) like olive oil, olives, walnut oil, flax seed oil, sunflower oil, canola oil, dark chocolate, avocados, almonds, macadamian nuts, peanuts, cashews, brazil nuts, peacans, walnuts, etc...

GLChick
06-19-2009, 09:05 AM
Ahh, thanks ohfaithful. I thought it had something to do with Fatty Acids.

ohfaithful
06-19-2009, 10:58 PM
No problem, I'm hoping that they help me to reduce my stomach...and everything else lol...

Faith

FatGirlTale
07-10-2009, 08:42 PM
So is this the same as the monounsaturated fat diet my brother told me about?

How many grams of MUFA do I need to eat at each meal?

Momofsteel
07-10-2009, 09:45 PM
I tried this diet earlier in the year and hated it. The SASSY water is disgusting.

Sunny Gee
07-12-2009, 03:08 AM
You don't have to use the Sassy water. It's just a suggestion. :)

tigergirl434
07-15-2009, 04:07 PM
I just found this thread which is great because I started the Flat Belly diet a couple weeks ago. Having good luck so far. How is everyone on here doing with it?

littlerozzee
09-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Hi everyone
I was just wondering if anyone that has done this is a vegetarian?

AR4life
09-04-2009, 10:42 PM
I've done the first 4 days of the regime, lost 1 pound :(

I like the sassy water :)

Diane, there is a vegetarian section in the book :) not sure about what you'd do in the first 4 days though.

CountingDown
09-04-2009, 11:31 PM
I did not completely follow the diet, but I did incorporate MUFAs and the basic principles into my lifestyle. I continue to do so - even throughout maintenance.
And - yes - I have been a vegetarian for 27 years.

littlerozzee
09-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the info ladies
I am going to start the diet on Monday. I am going to try to substitute veggies meats for the protien.

Diane

YTQ880114
09-16-2009, 08:39 PM
don't think that anyone will find this little group here, is there a different way to advertise we are forming this group?

Phyllis

ThinMe32
01-31-2010, 10:54 AM
Not sure if anyone will respond since this thread is so old but I am hoping someone does.

I am on day one of the FBD and so far so good. I have a quick question to ask those that have been on this new way of life. After the 4 day jump start do you continue to make the sassy water.

THANKS ladies....If anyone is still on the FBD and would like a new buddy I would be very interested!

HUGS
K

Amy8888
02-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Hi! I am no longer "on" the FBD because I am on Weight Watchers, although the principles from FBD are easy to apply to WW. Anyway, I was on the FBD last year for a month or so and it worked great while I was on it. (I can't remember exactly why I stopped, I think I got derailed when I had some visitors and then never got back on).

As far as the sassy water, I don't think you need to make it beyond the 4 day jumpstart. In fact, if you are not liking it I see no reason you need to drink it at all. Just drink lots of water, maybe squeeze some lemon into it, and that should suffice.

ThinMe32
02-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Hi! I am no longer "on" the FBD because I am on Weight Watchers, although the principles from FBD are easy to apply to WW. Anyway, I was on the FBD last year for a month or so and it worked great while I was on it. (I can't remember exactly why I stopped, I think I got derailed when I had some visitors and then never got back on).

As far as the sassy water, I don't think you need to make it beyond the 4 day jumpstart. In fact, if you are not liking it I see no reason you need to drink it at all. Just drink lots of water, maybe squeeze some lemon into it, and that should suffice.

HEY Thanks so much for the response. I really like the water but just finding it a bit much to do every night with an 8month old. I could do this like every few days but every day is a little much...

Thanks

LittleBlueCat
02-10-2010, 12:03 PM
What is "sassy water"?? :?: