Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 11:33 AM   #1  

Cool Had a rough night last night -

Well, I have had alot of personal stress lately. I am trying to get pg and having some issues. Yesterday I lost it - I ate - are you ready -

3 cups of decaf tea (3pts)
A muffin (6 pts)
Slice of pizza (9pts)
A chicken cutlet parm hero (15pts)

Can you say OINK!! I am upset with myself, and know that there goes my Thursday WI!!

Thanks for listening!!
Nancy
Old 02-12-2002, 11:54 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Ok, the best thing about WW is a fresh page every day!

I think you should pick yourself up off the floor, brush off your butt and move on. Leave yesterday as yesterday and look at today. We all have bad food days. Yesterday may have been your first since joining WW but almost everyone will tell you it will not be your last in your lifetime. The best part is that you relize it was not the best choices and you probobly did not give it much thought before WW so believe me... this is a good thing!

Your WI may not have been blown.. You may have done well the rest of the week already and not used up all of your points so you used them yesterday. If you have eaten all of your points... so what. We are human and old habbits are hard to break. You are not a pig, you are like the rest of us here taking it day to day.

Be well,
-L
Old 02-12-2002, 12:23 PM   #3  

Dont beat yourself up hon. We all have those days, and as long as we are human we will have them. Just take a deep breath, and begin again. Thats all you can do. I know its hard not worrying bout WI, I do it every Thrusday, and lately the scales have not been very nice, but I pick myself up and continue on. I wish you all the luck.
Old 02-13-2002, 09:14 AM   #4  

Default re: rough night

I am a stress eater too, and I think your "binge" sounds pretty small compared to some of mine!

Seriously, what do the rest of you do when you feel that stress building? To me it seems inevitable that once I am stressed I WILL binge. I can try to delay it or distract myself, but sooner or later, look out!! Then I end up being on a binge for several days, result being that I gain about 3 or 4 pounds.
Old 02-13-2002, 09:22 AM   #5  

Thank you all so much. I did much better yesterday, and was even able to bank 5 points. I have desided to take it a bite at a time for now untill the stress lessens. I do not want to go back up - I have come too far.

-Nancy
Old 02-13-2002, 11:35 AM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

Chocolate,
I think the best thing to do when you feel a bindge comming on is to really figure out what it is you are craving and have it. instead of going through all the foods to avoid what you really want.

Example, I really have been craving Ice cream, not the low fat, not sorbet, but Ice cream. So after school, the kids and I went to the ice cream store and got 1 scoop each. We went home and had it for snack. It was yummy and eveything I wanted. but I brought no more than I wanted to eat and it was gone after snack. Irelized what I wanted, got it and put the binge fellings behind me.

Another thing I do is buy the snack packs of treats. I am less likely to eat more than a bag or 2 but it has portion control.

i hope this helps. Small changes lead to bigger ones, but we can only take on step at a time.

Be well,
-L

PS UROKIAMOK2, glad you are feeling better.
Old 02-13-2002, 02:01 PM   #7  
Turtle Buddy

Hi,

The main thing I do when the stress hits it to write in my journal. I write every morning and it's been a lifesaver. It helps me to figure out what the stresses, emotinal triggers, etc. are that make me want to eat. Once I've done that, I can figure out what to do instead.

But there are some things that are hard to deal with, no matter what. The serious things in life like my dh being laid off, along with most of the rest of the people he worked with and my brother being diagnosed with cancer. They happened within a few weeks of each other and I really had a horrendous time with eating then. Adding long walks seems to help me to deal with those things a little better.

But sometimes I end up needing the comfort of eating, anyway. Like the past few days after learning that my brother is terminal. What I've been doing when it gets to be more than I can handle with my journal and walking is to eat a single serving of whatever I'm craving. I tell myself that I can always go back in the kitchen and get more if I must. So far, I've been satisfied with that single serving. And I've gotten back OP right away.

I don't think that I will ever completely get rid of emotional eating. I do OK with the smaller stresses of life. It's the biggies that throw me. So I try to choose it as my last resort (save that outlet for the biggies) and do what I can to minimize the damage. Then pick up and move on.

Lin
Old 03-03-2002, 01:23 AM   #8  
Blondie34

Unhappy

I am trying to get it together too my last meeting was in the summer; I had lost 32 lbs since Jan I kept it off until Jan 2002. I got sick and when I got better after 2 weeks, I have been ravenous I picked up 10 lbs since Jan and I really am afraid I am going to go back where I was. Any tips on getting back a new frame of mind

Old 03-03-2002, 09:14 AM   #9  
Owned by Dixie

Don't be afraid. Get back to your meetings. Pull out some old journals and follow them as menues for the week. When you acually do it you will feel better.

-L
Old 03-03-2002, 11:30 AM   #10  
Blondie34

Angry

Thanks for the reply. Today is a new start. I feel much better when I eat right I would like to understand why I eat badly when it makes me feel bad and irritable. But is is Sunday morning and your message gave me a lift thank you

Old 03-03-2002, 12:04 PM   #11  
Owned by Dixie

You are more than welcome.
We have all been where you are and the good news is that you have relized you need to go back before it gets worse.
I wish you well, Keep us posted on how it is going. take it one day...or one meal at a time.
-be well,
-L
Old 03-06-2002, 11:19 AM   #12  
Blondie34

Wink

Hi again I feel pretty good I lost 3 lbs' I am taking it 1 day at a time 1 meal at a time the hardest thing was to get started, I am good for 2 meals 1 day and I might slip for 1 meal but it is easier every day I try to stay OP Thanks for your encouragement

Old 03-06-2002, 11:42 AM   #13  
Owned by Dixie

So glad to hear you lost! You have a great outlook for 1 meal at a time and sometimes it is the bets we can do. You are right it does get easier and you are on the right track.

CONGRATS!
-L
Closed Thread