S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Core Chat: Feb. 11- Feb. 17

new pages..write away...
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:24 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 10"

Thanks for the new pages Rhonda!

Well, its been so busy for me the past few days. I don't think I've check in since last week. I have been doing OK food wise. We ended up getting italian takeout Saturday night -- big old family style chicken and veal parm over ziti. YUMMY! I got a salad as well. I did my best to guesstimate points - I think I used about 15 for that one meal! Of course the scale has been up from where it was on Friday - so I have no hopes of a loss tomorrow. I'm hopign to stay the same. I've been back OP yesterday and today with tons and tons of water.

Have to share my new cooking creation -- for those who have made salsa chicken in the past (any version), try melting fat free cream cheese into it at the end. WOW! Creamy, spicy and good. I had a roast beef going in my crock pot yesterday so I cooked this all in a skillett. Browned chicken breast tenders, added in a jar of medium salsa, can of black beans then about 1/4 cup of barley ( I'm out of brown rice). Cooked that all together on a simmer for about 15 min until the chicken was cooked and barley was cooked (used quick cooking). Then I mixed in the creamcheese and melted that.

The creamcheese melting may be also good in a pasta sauce. Doesn't taste alot like cream cheese, but a better mouth feel than fat free ricotta.

How is everyone? I need to go to last weeks thread and catch up on things. I have my new cleaning lady starting on Thursday. DH just called to let me know that he is going to start work in the upstairs spare room on Thursday (his cousin is helping). So, Happy Valentines day to me! A clean house and finally getting that room done. Up stairs we have 2 rooms to be done - the plan (for now) is to get the spare room done, then we move our room into there and get our room done. Then the upstairs has been fully renovated. Its been 10 years we've been in the house. Once those are done, just the living room and dining rooms to go!

Have a great day!
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:45 PM   #3  

well, that sounds delicious. I'll give it a try. We're having crock pot roast beef tonight, but another night I'll make it.

I found this recipe on SB site. It's for ricotta muffins, and they're good:

2 cups low fat Ricotta
4-6 eggs
6-8 Splenda packs, or to taste
vanilla
cinammon

Mix it all together and spoon into sprayed muffin pan for 12 muffins. Bake 30 minutes in oven preheated to 350F.

They rise up during cooking and collapse in the middle while cooling.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:09 PM   #4  

Wow, where is everyone?? Is this the Paula/Rhonda board?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:35 PM   #5  

Gee, it must be!! Oh well, I guess the others will catch up. Maybe they're all frozen except for Sandra who's flinging arrows!?

Vickie, how are you...thinking about you.

I feel virtuous. I was headed out the door to go to and decided it was too cold, too icy and too dangerous on the roads. So, I came back and did all of the 3 mile WATP DVD. It felt good.

I'm having an early night...hope everyone is OK.

Rhonda
Old 02-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #6  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Here I am! Took the day off today just to relax - freezing cold out tho! (had to pick up ds from school today as dh had dr appt).

Weekend was busy and my eating was way off - too much nibbling, not enuf proper eating - went out for thai food sat night and movie with dh and little ds - need I say more?

Sunday took little ds to Senators Hocky skills game - lots of fun - they do this yearly event where the players along with some minor hockey league little ones compete in various 'games' - only $10 per ticket and $$ goes to local children's charity - got the tickets early this year so we had AMAZING seats (4 rows from the ice) - too bad big ds couldn't make it in the end (out of town) so just the 2 of us - yes I did have a hot dog and some nibbles of ds' PINK cotton candy - shame on me.

Don't think I'll make my challenge but still pretty close - working on the next one (maybe a frouf bday challenge - april 7?). Back at work tomorrow and already packed up some salad and veggies and dip and fruit so should be able to make it thru the day right?

And yes my next cruise is tentatively booked - well at least I put down a deposit - have until aug to pay up or cancel - and convinced cruise buddy Ray to come along - and we both got the extra special cheap single cabins with the TWO glorious windows - not cruising til november tho - so quite a long time to wait (and froufs are not known for their patientce).

Gives me a long time to research and plan our excursions tho - visitng a couple of new ports for me so that is exciting. Here is what my cabin looks like: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7625392...57594493244486

Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm!

Frouf
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:53 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

I'm here. We had a super busy weekend. Flung arrows Saturday and visited family Sunday. The family get together was at the home of our cousin who's a weigher/receptionist for Weight Watchers. She baked parmesan chicken out of Weight Watchers: Pure Comfort Food COOKBOOK It was awesome!

Rhonda and Paula, thank you for the recipe ideas. They both sound good.

Frouf, good success to you on meeting your bday goal. You can do it.

Vickie, I hope you're feeling better.

I'm waving at everyone. Have a great day.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 06:33 AM   #8  

Good early morning:

Froufy, I looked at your room. I'm glad to see that you've got your priorities straight

Sandra, how was the tourney? Are you still the archery ?

Paula, I'm glad to hear that your DH is doing the right thing.

We are packing up things for storage and can't get them out of the house because the snow and ice are so bad. We don't want to climb over snowbanks with arms full of things. I bought some of those things that you clip on your boots for better grip. DH used them last night and said they were just great.

I'm happy to report that I've lost another pound; that's two in a week. All that I have done differently is not eat any fruit and no bread nor oatmeal. Essentially it is like Phase 1 of SB. So far, so good, and it's not as difficult as I thought it would be.

Rhonda
Old 02-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #9  

Good heavens!! Nobody, not at all, not all day!!??

Old 02-12-2008, 06:55 PM   #10  

Hi Everyone
Well we have had snow, freezing rain and then just plain rain. And then we are suppose to get some snow tonight.
Well went to Weigh in last night. I lost 2 lbs. So am happy with that.
How is everyone doing.
I need to go and read the post.
I am thinking of each of you.
Hope everyone had a great day.
Well will go catch up on everyone.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 08:12 PM   #11  

Rhonda and Coco, GREAT LOSSES! Congratulations.

Well, I stayed the same this week, just as I expected. Which I'm happy with that --I'd be upset if I had gained. New week for me. I need to get back to writing things down. I do better when I keep that up, also, I'm going to try to not use any WPAs.

Where is everyone? Well, have a good night.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:00 PM   #12  

Vickie?? worried about you...

Last edited by Tejas; 02-12-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:21 PM   #13  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Ya Vickie - where are you? And Angela and Noussa and patti and Annand everyone else? Hibernating I guess?

I am frozen solid - just came back from picking up dd from dance class - and had the heating in car on full blast - yet my fingers and toes are still like icicles. Did my weight training tonight - still pretty difficult and have not increased my weights yet. Got handouts today on making goals and change s- like a 6 step plan - looks interesting. Tonight we had to write down/identify the things we wanted to change in our life - pick one - then answered more questions (in writing in our binders) on why we wanted to change, how is this impacting us now, how will it improve our live in the future and what will happen if we don't make this change! In the following weeks we will being to make a plan, get support (thanks chickies), be consistent, measure and review......hopefully this will work!

Tomorrow afternoon is dd's pre-op appt at the hospital - and now she is saying she is scared and does not want to get her tonsils out - surgery scheduled for Monday - I have booked monday and tuesday off!

Otherwise looking forward to valentine's day, with lots of hearts and PINKNESS and chocolate!

Froufie
Froufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:26 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Hi there. I have been off the computer today cuz of life stuff. We're up to our necks in archery stuff. The TSAA Indoor State Championship is this coming weekend at the University of Texas in Austin. We're leaving Thursday morning and won't be home till sometime Monday. I don't think I'm going to take my computer so I'll be offline.

We didn't go to WW this AM. I am op and am feeling great about it. However, right now I'm a tad hungry. But that will pass.

Frouf, I didn't realize dd was to have surgery. Bless her heart. And Valentines' Day? Okay, I want chocolate. Curtis just asked for some homemade cookies. I guess I'll bake him some for V day.

Rhonda and Coco, congratulations on losing those pounds. I am happy for you.

Paula, maintaining isn't so bad. I'll bet you have a good loss next week. Just keep on keepin' on.

Vickie? Are you all right? I am worried about you.

Last edited by ontarget; 02-12-2008 at 10:27 PM.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 11:12 PM   #15  

I'm here...just really, really busy. Sick kids, business stuff, and the regular junk. In happier news, my younger sister just told me last night they found out they're pregnant! She just found out, and doesn't want to tell everybody just yet. But, I think I can tell you all, because I know you won't spread it. They've been trying for about 2 years now, so this is pretty big news.

I just got with the times today and now have a cell phone. I actually had one about 5 years ago when we were building our house, but got rid of it after that since I was home all the time and didn't need one. Wow, they've changed in the last 5 years!

My eating has been not too great, but I am doing what I can.

I am also worrying about Vickie. Where are you?

Heading off to bed now,
Angela
aghiowa is offline   Reply With Quote