100 lb. Club - Shake! Shake Shake! Shake Your Booooty!

mezmerize
02-11-2008, 09:24 AM
Hello Everyone! I really needed to get my booty moving so why don't you join me!
Post what you did to get that booty moving this week. (Walk, dance, chase the dog/cat around the house) You moved!! Yea you!

Beverlyjoy
02-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Great idea....I will shake my booty doing some dancing.

valpal23
02-11-2008, 03:16 PM
I'm going to hit the treadmill after work with some great music. It's been such a crappy day I'm looking forward to it already! (I have my own treadmill so I can dance/sing as I walk)

fiberlover
02-11-2008, 03:47 PM
I did Hard Core Fusion from the Firm today. 50 minutes of cardio/strength training kick a** workout.

mezmerize
02-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Beverlyjoy Ė You go girl shake that booty all over the floor!!

Valpal23 Ė Awesome my sister has a treadmill and I loved it only thing is I donít have room for one. I got to have some tunes playing. WTG!!

Fiberlover - Wow just the name sounds tiring. I bet is itís a great workout! Iíd say your kicking some serious @**

As for me I did the 1 mile WATP dvd (actually it was the 3 mile DVD but I had to get a quick mile and it's less than 1/2hr on this one) I am making myself limit it to 1 mile every day. I HATE to work out and I want to love it once again.
I think itís working every day I do only one mile and Iím wanting to do more makes me smile. I am keeping at this for the rest of the week Ö can I hold out?? (I hope not)

bigtxmomma
02-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Hahhahaah

You have inspired me to go shake my booty

bbiab :carrot:

mezmerize
02-11-2008, 05:53 PM
Great!!! Bbiab I can't wait to read how you shook your booty!!

missymckibben
02-11-2008, 09:46 PM
I walked on the treadmill today!! I had some great music though and I was literally shaking my booty on the treadmill. I can't forget the singing. My 15yo was still in bed and yelling at me to be quiet. I ignored him though!

Missy

better health3
02-11-2008, 11:02 PM
I did agility drills and abs. My quads are burning. Woo Hoo.:D

hafowler
02-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Today was my day off from formal exercise, but I've been feeling so great lately, I just keep randomly breaking into booty shaking and high stepping! LOL

tamaralynn
02-12-2008, 10:16 AM
LMAO - I was shaking my booty this morning while looking in the mirror - still jiggly as heck, but getting better.

Anywho, I've been doing my 4 km daily walks again - the weather has improved dramatically outside here in Canada (Alberta). I stepped on the scale this morning and it went from 220 (last night) to 217.5 YEAH. I won't post until it's 217 even or less.

mezmerize
02-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Missymckibben Ė Got a giggle picturing you shaking your booty and your son yelling to be quiet. Make me think of when I workout to My Milkshake Brings All The Boys To The Yard song my son goes ewww Mom!! LOL

Better Healthy3 - Donít you just love a good burn!! WTG!!

Hafowler Ė ďWarningĒ - Spontaneous booty shaking WILL LEAD TO WEIGHT LOSS!!! YEEE HAW!

Tamaralynn Ė I hear you about the weatherÖ I live in northern Iowa blowing snow and cold as heck!! I hear one burns more calories when itís cold. Only good thing about winter to me at least. Kudos on the Weight loss and shaking that booty!

As for me I shoveled that never ending snow this morning. I was going to have my son do it but I wanted the workout. I still plan on doing my 1 mile WATP DVD. Iím so very proud of everyone your all shaking that booty! WTG!!

fiberlover
02-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Hi all. Did the next Firm workout which is Cardio overdrive. Phew!!! I have a long way to go before I can keep up with those ladies, and I'm not a wuss LOL!
I really do like this workout system.

Ima shakin' and a shimmyin' !!!

suzie76
02-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Lori,

Gladl you're liking the new Firms. There are a couple more coming out in early March-one uses two lb weighted balls (done with cardio) and another one uses a balance disc. I can't do videos right now because of a neck and shoulder injury. I did like Rebekah's workout that I tried before I was injured.

Take care,
Sherry

mezmerize
02-12-2008, 06:37 PM
fiberlover - LOL! I've looked at those firm tapes they look great! I'm waiting til the summer garage sales and hopefully I'll find some. CONGRATS On your awesome workout!

As for me I did the 1 mile WATP. I think I strained my back a bit when I shoveled the snow not to bad it just a bit sore. I think I'm going to add a abs workout to my fitness. (On my short babysitting days)

fiberlover
02-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Mezster - I am warming up my back muscles for tomorrow. 10 inches of snow or more predicted overnight! :eek:

luckyducky
02-12-2008, 10:50 PM
I finally found my iPod, and I was literally shakin my booty all around the pasture doing chores tonight!!! ( you should have seen the looks I was getting from my horses!!!) My 3 yr old colt thought I was trying to play with him!!! I can't wait to start walking!! ( I have been fighting my way through plantar fasciitis, and then a pinched nerve in my back). But, now, the weather is warmer, and my back is fixed, my foot feels fine so I will be shakin more'n my booty down that trail, soon!!!

mezmerize
02-13-2008, 10:18 AM
Fiberlover Ė Yuck! On a good note I looked up how many calories are burned shoveling and itís 350 for someone my size and height. (5í4 and ticker and if I took Ĺ hr.)

Luckyducky Ė Glad your found your iPod and congrats on shaking that booty! I bet the colt is just as cute as can be! Iím sure his playfulness make your shaking your more fun! LOL How many horses do you own? When I was 3 years old we had 2 then we moved and couldnít take them with, still recall riding on them. When my son was in scouts I begged him to take horseback riding. He wasnít all that interested. It turned out we totally fell in love with the horses. It was so much fun!! There use to be a place when I was teen that would rent out horses hourly. I spend a lot of babysitting money on it.

Today is my long babysitting day so I plan on doing WATPs after I'm finished here.

missymckibben
02-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Hi everyone, no exercise for me yesterday. Planned though. I'm getting read to go down and walk on the treadmill now. I'm going to try and do 2 miles.

Mez, pardon my ignorance but what is WATP?

Luckyducky, great job on the workout.

Fiberlover, have fun shoveling! We're supposed to get 4-6 today, but I don't shovel. Kills my back. I just found out my sacrym(sp) is fused to one of my vertebrate. I'm trying not to make things worse.

Off to the treadmill,
Missy

missymckibben
02-13-2008, 02:10 PM
Two miles!!! Granted it took me 41.36 minutes, but I did it.:carrot: Then I did weights and some yoga. An hour in all.

fiberlover
02-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Today was Hard Core Fusion again. Wow. That was the last tough workout for the week. Tomorrow is just normal cardio.

suzie76
02-13-2008, 05:36 PM
WATP is Walk away The Pounds-they are exercise dvds by leslie sansone.

Sherry

mezmerize
02-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Misymckibben Ė Suzie76 is right. When 1st started my weight lost journey I did the Walk Away The Pounds DVDs. At the time I had the 1, 3 and 4 mile. (I lost 40lbs but found once again)What I really enjoyed about them is that you can the miles are marked so you can quit at anytime. I like using the 3 miles since I can get a quick 1 mile in. (less than Ĺ hr.) Plus I have bad knees and the moves they do arenít hard at all. When I did find something I found to hard on them I was able to tweak it and still get a great workout! Iíve since added to my collection. Kudos on walking 2 miles, plus the weights and yoga!! Looks like you had a great day working out!! Yeah You!!:woops:

Fiberlover Ė Hard Core Fusion !!! Holy Smokes Girl you are on fire!!! :flame:

Well once again did only 1 mile on the 3 mile Walk Away The Pounds DVD. I so wanted to do more but Iím holding back since it was my long day with the kids. I have to remember I want to increase my endurance and Iíll be no good if I hurt myself or I get so tired Iím grumpy with the kiddos. Next week Iíll add another mile. I feel really good after my workout. I think there is a tiny little bud of actually liking it! HA SURPRISE SURPRISE! :yikes:
Everyone is doing great!!! Many Many Cheers!!

missymckibben
02-13-2008, 07:20 PM
Fiberlover: Great job on the workout! Are these from the Firm Series?

Mez: I actually have one of those videos, but I haven't done it in awhile. Maybe I'll add it into the mix.

Missy

Janis427
02-13-2008, 08:26 PM
I do some dancing. I work in a really cold little store, actully, its a shed and yesterday when it was only 5 deg, I started dancing to keep warm.

fiberlover
02-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Fiberlover: Great job on the workout! Are these from the Firm Series?

Missy

Missy - these are the newest Firm workouts - the Transfirmation. With weights. I love them! Tough, but good.

hafowler
02-13-2008, 09:09 PM
Good for you, mezmerize for knowing your limits and keeping them in mind!

Janis427 - That's a tough way to get in shape, but hey, the more moving we do the better!

I FINALLY got enough energy to Turbo Jam today for 30 minutes, as well as Yoga for the Rest of Us with my mother this morning (very gentle yoga for 40 minutes).

Of course, now I'm ready for bed at 8pm, but it was worth it. *G*

mezmerize
02-15-2008, 08:47 AM
Missy Ė Which one do you have? Do you like it?

Janis Ė The ONLY benefit from winter IMO is it makes the body burn more calories to keep warm. Geez itís sure is cold where you workÖ Iím terrible with the cold.

Hafowler Ė Congrats on your victory on Turbo Jam and Yoga!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentineís Day! I had thought I wrote in here yesterday but I guess not. It snowed a lot yesterday. So I went in shoveled in the morning I donít know how long I was out thereÖ. I want to say almost 1 hr. Later in the day I heard school was going to be letting out 2 hrs early so I thought I shovel again. OMG there was just as much snow as when I shoveled in the morning! So I did the whole thing once again. My son came home then my husband ( Work sent him home) So I didnít get my WATPs in. Totally my faulty not because of them. I figured the snow shoveling was enough. You know I feel really guilty over it. Which usually makes me work out harder then next time. My husband bought me Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party for the Wii. It has a workout mode. When my son leaves for school Iím going to give it a try.

missymckibben
02-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Mez, let me know how the DDR for the WII is. DH sent me a link to, but I didn't buy it. Shoveling is a great workout!

Hafowler, gret job on the workouts!

I tried to workout yesterday and my knee was killing me. So, I only got 10 minutes in. Today, it's still sore but I did my 30 minute walk. I think it's sore from the 2 miles on Wed. I'm trying to find some exercises to strengthen my knees, can't do lunges anymore.

Hope you ladies stay warm today.
Missy

mezmerize
02-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Well I'm back. I spend 1 hr with DDR game. I found it fun. It did take me a bit to figure out the game. I've only played the Wii a few times. In the workout mode you can set up how many minutes or calorie you want to burn. (I went for minutes) You can log your weight there is a password for that. Which I like I don't need my son's friends knowing what I weight. I also really like that you can take jumpping out of the workout. HUGE PLUS for me since I have bad knees. As far as being able to do the moves they have a training which is nice and I greatly improved. I feel it's like when you take home a new workout video and you think I'm never going to beable to do this and you do in time. It's like that. The training is fairly easy. I have trouble with my back step timing. I'd give it a score of 10.

fiberlover
02-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Mez - that sounds fun. I have been toying with the idea of getting DDR for my playstation2. I don't care for pop or hiphop music, though - so not sure if I would enjoy it. They probably don't have jazz for DDR LOL!

I just did the Firm HiDef sculpt. I really like this workout. It's not as cardio hard as the others.

And finally - a day with no snow shoveling!! Yay!

mezmerize
02-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Fiberlover the guy at Best Buy said Dancing With The Stars works with DDR

missymckibben
02-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Mez, sounded like a fun workout.

Lori, great job.

I only got 10 minutes in yesterday, my knees wore sore. Today I did 30 minutes on the treadmill. I shaved almost 2 minutes off of my mile time.

Missy

mezmerize
02-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Miss - Good for you stopping because of your knees. One never wants to workout and be in pain you'll only ruin future workouts. WTG on the shaving time off your mile!!

fiberlover
02-16-2008, 08:12 PM
Today was a long walk. Cold walk, though! Brrrrr.... went out for 45-50 minutes.

mezmerize
02-17-2008, 04:30 PM
Fiberlover - WTG!!! It would be interesting to see how many calories a body burns just to stay warm

mezmerize
02-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Ok everyone GREAT JOB THIS WEEK!! Lets keep this ball rolling next week theme is Sweat Until Our Clothes Slide Off!!!
I hope to see you back!

better health3
02-17-2008, 04:59 PM
I completed 7 hours of cardio, 2 days of weight training, and an hour class of agility drills with abs--I am pleased at my consistency this week.

mezmerize
02-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Better Health3

You did awesome! You should be very pleased! WTG!!

missymckibben
02-19-2008, 08:11 PM
I have been MIA this week. I did get a walk in Sunday and today, I missed Monday though. I couldn't pull myself out of bed!

WTG betterhealth!

Fiberlover, I have so much trouble getting myself out in the cold MN winters. I can't wait until the ice is gone so I can walk outside!

Missy

mezmerize
02-20-2008, 01:12 AM
missymckibben - It's great you got your walk in. Aww I've been fighting to rank myself out of bed. Ditto on the ice and cold. I hope this isn't to confusing for you all but I changed the tread name I'm trying new themes for each week you know to keep it fresh if you or anyone else thinks it would be bes to stick to one name I'll do that. Congrats once again on your walk.
P.S. The name of the new thread it Sweat Until Your Clothes Slide Off. It is under support in 100's club.