Old 02-11-2008, 07:55 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default 20-somethings Weekly Chat, Feb 11-17

So it seems last week I got the dates a little wrong. Oh well, here's the new chat thread! Be back in a bit to post more...
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:31 AM   #2  

Good morning everybody! First thing I have to say is WOW is it cold. I live in Chicago and seriously it hurts to be outside for even a minute. I think the high is like 2 degrees, but with the wind chill it feels like negative 16.

So I was putting my photos into an album over the weekend (now that I have a digital camera it takes me much longer to get them developed) and I saw a picture of me from last February. I remember that night because it was actually my sister's birthday and I had been so healthy for a month and I was feeling great and kind of annoyed that I was eating at a pizza place, but it was my sister's birthday so I couldn't complain. After that night I guess I just started going out to eat more, started drinking more and next thing you know it summer comes and once again I refuse to be in a bathinsuit at a beach. Well here it is, February once again, and I have been so great for a month and my sister's birthday is coming up. I really want to keep going this time. I want to keep being healthy and not just slowly go back to my old ways and fall off the wagon, but I'm nervous because there are always things that come up. Holidays and birthdays and vacations (Arizona with my mom). Hoping I can keep up this motivation because I'm feeling so good about myself...

Anyways happy monday to everybody!
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:52 AM   #3  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

cookie monster: I know what you mean about the celebrations! I always use holidays or special occassions for excuses to eat really bad. "Well it's superbowl, I'm allowed" or "it's my best friend's birthday"
I am just going to learn that celebrating doesn't have to consist of consuming 100000s of calories. I can still enjoy food and eat within moderation. OR even try the healthy choices..you may be surprised at how good they are!
goodluck!

Well anyway! Good Monday..good gosh I'm in the 100s. Sorry, posting it everywhere. Even though it's only 198...it's the 100s. SOmething I haven't seen in YEARS! I am so excited to keep it going. I hope everyone has a great week.
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

I joined a gym yesterday! Wahoo! And I got a discount because of where I work, so that's good. I am signing up for classes left and right and I am planning on working out at least five days a week. I need people to hold me accountable, haha.

I know what you guys mean about special occasions being tough. The thing that I always tell myself is that, well, there will be more special occasions in my life. If I only have one small slice of pizza and a salad at this one (or one small piece of cake, etc.), that doesn't mean I will never ever ever have cake or pizza again. It just means that I'm in control of myself at this event, and that is something to celebrate just as much as the celebration itself!

(This is also a pep talk for myself because tomorrow is my WW weigh-in day AND the day we are having a mid-afternoon baby shower for my boss...oh the temptation!)
jennyplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:23 AM   #5  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

It's funny you all mentioned that, because my best friend's birthday was last weekend, and we went to dinner and for drinks. I ate a roast beef panini with a side of fruit and only got 1 drink (rum and diet coke) so I didn't go over the allotted calories. It's going to be hard, though, with upcoming holidays like 4th of July...wow, you want to talk about bad food left and right...
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #6  

It's like you said Jennyplain, I need to tell myself that it's ok to eat 1 piece of pizza or 1 piece of cake BUT stop after that 1 piece. I need to just count it in my eating plan for the day and then for the rest of the day eat accordingly (maybe a big salad for lunch).

I'm going to brunch with my boyfriend and his family for Valentine's Day. The problem is the two of us are ALSO going out to his favorite steakhouse for dinner. Normally I try and only eat out once a day because you never really know how they cook things. For breakfast which is my best best: egg white vegetable omelette, low fat granola with strawberries or oatmeal?
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:53 AM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

hey gang - so i posted this am and noticed my ticker is gone?! anyone know what the deal is with that?

cookie- when i was on weight watchers i went to a steak house and got a filet minon with steamed veggies on the side (so good and only like 11 points)! its still high cal but its a leaner cut and they normally serve you less than like the rib eye.

i vote egg white omelette's because protien keeps you full longer?
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:57 AM   #8  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

tickers were taken away from new folk, and only come back once you have been on here a wee while, I just got mine back today.

On another note, much inspired by the 10 by feb 10 folks so am goin to give it a go for march, if any one wants to join me.
irishkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #9  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Gah, just noticed how long you have been a member and how many posts you ahve made, that makes no sense. Check your signiture bit, they may have moved things and now its out of whack.
irishkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/230.6/216

Height: 5'4"

Hrmm. Is it based on how long you've been active? Because mine is gone and I'm from last summer.

I miss my ticker!

Edited: Oops, I feel silly now. Just saw this post: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...11#post2047911

I guess there's something going on for the next day or so but they should be coming back.

Last edited by Gretchy; 02-11-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Gretchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Well today is Monday which means the start of a new week. I did really well exercising all weekend. I biked 6 miles on the stationary bike both Saturday and Sunday. This is a really stressful week because I have two papers due, a research memo, a client meeting, a ct scan then two midterms next week. Blah. I keep telling myself I just have to get thought the next 11 days then spring break.

So a funny little story before I go back to work, my roommate came home last night and asked what I did that day. I said that I had been working on a paper but I did get to the gym and biked 6 miles. She was floored. And then I made a comment on how I had did it the day before also and she was in aw. Needless to say she decided she was being lazy and went and ran a 5 K. It’s funny how so many people judge themselves based on what others do.

Cookie – I know what you mean it was -1 when I left my apartment this morning (and that didn’t include windshield). Weight loss is a journey. I’m sure you can do it. Just keep coming back and I’m sure you can do it. That sounds like a good plan for breakfast out. You could even ask them to steam the veggies with no butter instead of stirfry them or you could have a fruit cup instead of the yorgut.

Illbehotoneday – good job on hitting the hundreds. I would post it everywhere too.

Jenny – Good job on making the decision to join the gym.

Frog – good job staying in your calorie limit, its hard to stay on track just keep planning.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 01:11 PM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

Cookie - That wind has been crazy, it's really killing the temps! I'm not near Chicago but it's still freakin' cold. Good luck with your sister's birthday -- just keep in mind how you feel about what happened last year and I'm sure you'll be fine. As for your breakfast question, I'd also vote for the omelette due to the protein. Or have a hardboiled egg or scrambled egg white with one of the other two options.

illbehot - I can't wait to be in the 100s again... It's been about a year and a half for me, and I'm hoping to get there sometime in March!

jenny - wow, that's awesome about the gym membership! Classes are awesome, they generally help you make it to the gym since it's not like you're just gonna go and sit on a bike, you're going to interact with people and have fun. Good luck on your WI.

frog - "upcoming holidays like 4th of July"?? What kinda calendar are you using? I WISH it was almost July.....

Remember - WTG on the biking! 6 miles is great. That's funny about your roommate too. It's so easy to make other people feel lazy when all we're doing is taking care of ourselves. Same thing holds with food -- if you're at a restaurant with another person and you order first, and you order something healthy, 9 times out of 10 I bet it influences what they choose to order. That's actually a good trick for making sure you eat well is by ordering first so you don't have anyone to influence you! Got off-topic here...

I didn't get up to much this weekend... I have two presentations Wednesday and therefore a lot of work to do, and of course all weekend I spend organizing my apartment. I clean when I procrastinate. That way I don't feel guilty--hey look, I cleaned--but I still manage to not get any school work done. Today's been particularly frustrating at work because I got a project back that I had finished last week and I've been told to add a bunch of stuff to it because my supervisor changed his mind about just what he wanted to see. Forget the fact that it would have been FAR easier for me to know what to look for up front, and it would take probably 6 less hours overall to do it all at once... This guy just bugs me because he has a recurring tendency to change his mind and bring up new problems at the last minute. Gah. Anyway, back to work... Gotta finish this project AGAIN.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:00 PM   #13  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday...

I have been MIA for a couple of week - I was traveling for work and then had a sick kid and then the other one got sick...you know the drill. Now both kids are much better and work traveling is over so I am back on plan with a vengance. I am up a few pounds, but TOM is almost here and all the alcohol I consumed this weekend might have helped some too.

illbehot - YEAH...congrats. Entering into the 100's is a huge milestone and a well deserved one - you should be very proud of yourself!

remember - 6 miles...you are my hero. Can you throw some of that motivation over here this way please?

gretchy - welcome back!

jennyplain - I think that your perspective is right on. There is always going to be another occasion just down the road. Learning how to deal with them is key. Oh, and good luck at the baby shower.

cookie - I live in Kansas and I am feeling you about the cold weather. What even bothers me more is that it was almost 60 on Saturday and then Sunday I go to let the dogs out and it is like 17 degrees. Crazy Kansas weather...

I hope that everyone has a great day - I am off to lunch with some co workers for a bday.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:15 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Hey, everyone. Good day today. I was off this morning, but had to get up and take my friend to work, so that got me up and to the gym. I took an hour aerobic class this morning and also did 30 minutes of the stationary bike. So, a whole hour and a half!! Whoohoo! Anyway, I'm tired...needless to say..haha. I have to do Youth Fitness tonight, so I'm sure I'll get another workout in. Umm...nothing else going on.

lovinlifex2: No big deal...get back in there and get on plan! Glad to see you back!

suitejudyblueeyes: Ugh, bosses...sometimes they are so hard to deal with. You can't ever please them most of the time.

RemeberHowToSmile: Goodluck with all your school work! And way to go for the 6miles! That's awesome.

jennyplain: Yay, for joining the gym. Good luck!

illbehotoneday: Good for you! I'm almost there with you so I'm sure I'll be just as excited! Post all you want!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 02:20 PM   #15  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

Yeah, 4th of July I think ahead that far, what can I say? It's the only upcoming holiday I can think of where my whole family gets together and pigs out. We don't do a lot for Memorial Day.

6K-wow that is impressive. I don't work out much on the weekends, but Mon-Friday you can bet that I hit it hard.
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote