LA Weight Loss - FEB 11-17 Losers and Friends....

View Full Version : FEB 11-17 Losers and Friends....

zambejaly5
02-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Yippie! first one up! I had a great week..... Lets do it again.

Welcome all newbies and to the rest of us... here is to a POP week!

zambejaly5
02-11-2008, 09:04 AM
I was 203.2 this morning! and that is with TOM coming in this morning!! I think I will actually make my valentine goal...... which. I am not aiming for thursday to hit the goal. we are going to a Valentine banquet on Sunday so that is the day I am aiming for. so I have a solid week.

Is it just my computer? I cannot see the tickers on any of our threads. I just changed mine and I want to see it, but all I see is question marks where the tickers are supposed to be. probably just my computer, but I don't know why it won't show them today.

DH is sick and staying home. temp of 102.1. Wish I could stay home and take care of him, but I am still in my first 90 days and would not get paid if I did that. Last week I realized the girl at work that seems to be the closets friend that I have made so far is really the one that seems to always be in the center of all the turmoil. she is always the one running to the boss and causing others to have problems. So as the Godfather says, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer".... I would rather have her right by me so I know it is not me she is talking about.

speaking of work. I better get kids moving and get out the door. DH is no help this morning, he is asleep in the tub...... POP today everyone!!

GrandmaCindy
02-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Good Morning everyone. As Lettie lead the way with her encouragement... let's be PoP Stars. I know I have some "challenges" at the end of this week so will go with Amy's challenge for the plateau breaker and measure and write down everything. I was actually at a loss this morning, but know yesterday's "not strict to plan day" hasn't shown up yet. I try, but when the rare occasion to eat out arises, I'm making good choices, but know I'm eating things they really aren't fixed the way they should be. I'm with Kimberley as she said after her off plan meal last week ... I fell yuck and didn't even enjoy it. Heading to fix some HLW now! Hope everyone's children are better, animals are better, weather is better, and everyone has a great day, and makes their Valentine's Day goals. Cindy

Tuesday Cool
02-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Good morning. Monday has come, my class is over, and now I can focus on myself. I ate so poorly this weekend that I am afraid to step on a scale. I fear that my lovely loss of the last few weeks is null and void. Today it is lemon water and green veggies.

MomOfThreeTeens
02-11-2008, 10:43 AM
Good Monday morning everybody! Hope everybody has an amazing week!

March will be 6 months since I started maintenance and I am determined to be within 5 pounds of my goal if it kills me! LOL I have the guarantee and there is no way that I am going to let myself NOT get my money back after working so hard to get the weight off to begin with. So heres to lots and lots of POP days in a row!

bradleys mom
02-11-2008, 11:11 AM
Mornin' y'all!

My weight was up today at COD again this morning. Boo... I am starting TO tomorrow. But TOM is visiting this week, so I guess I cant feel too bad about it! (LOL,that just reminded me DH always says, who is Tom?)

ferrarimomof2
02-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Good morning everyone,

I hope that everyone has a POP day. I am headed off for WI. I will let you all know how I do. I have been POP all weekend. So, I should see a loss. My center wants to take a pic of me this morning to show my loss so far.

amylou7777
02-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Morning gang!

Tues- what were you studying for? I hope it went well and get right back on track!

Cindy- I'm glad you are with me for the plat breaker. I will have a challenging vday as I'm surprising Dbf with cookies, and a night out to a nice italian place we've never tried before....yikes! I am NOT plannign on cheating at all, but realize it wont be a POP day. GOODLUCK to you!

Hi Lettie- I like the godfather quote. It is so true. Just make sure you're never the one in the thick of the turmoil. Work drama is the worst bc there's nowhere to run! I had to sit in an office thick with tension on Friday...it was NOT pleasant. Sometimes I hate the way women fight! Passive agressive is just not my thing...anway, I hope DH feels better!

Kimberly-tell DH to hide your scale!! You are so close to goal and I know you will make it if you continue POP but I don't want TOM to get you down! Did you tell DH that TOM is an evil, evil man?? hahahha

I wrote an update in last weeks thread yesterday...so I wont repeat. I hope everyone has a great POP week. DO you all get Tues off in the US for lincoln's bday? I don't get school off but my office is closed. I always forget about this one...

ok-time to get a workout in! I've been doing my yoga booty ballet cabaret....it's so much fun!

amylou7777
02-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Dionne-what a compliment they want to take your pic!

Kim- GET TO IT GIRL! If money isn't good motivation I don't know what is. You KNOW you have it in you so dig deep and get those scales down!

Oh and Lettie-I can't see your ticker either? I can only see about 1/2 of everyone's tickers so there must be something up! CONGRATS on your loss! You are almost out of the 2s!

PS- thanks for the compliment Debbie! You are right about everyone looking great!

Mama Nicole
02-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Good morning everyone!!!! Stay tough today :) My sis is here for the week, so I will probably be pretty scarce...........but you never know, she might start pissing me off :lol:. I am so only kidding. Anyway.....have a great day everyone!!!!
XOXO

Katy66
02-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Good morning! It sure is Monday:) After Friday's awful WI I just pouted all weekend and ate pretty much what I darn well pleased...YIKES. DH and I had Saturday evening to ourselves so we went to dinner and a movie. The stuff I ate was on plan I just had too darn much of it and of course had liquid starches. Got back on track yesterday and did a lot of walking when we visited the Biltmore House so hopefully that will help. I plan to check out the 5 day challenge that was mentioned.... I've got to get my mind straight for this!

DD and I are making valentine's cookies today but I use egg replacement since my great niece is allergic to eggs and had planned on splenda as well...so IF I have one it wouldn't be too off plan, guess I could count it as a starch and a fat. Hey did any of you get the chocolate truffle recipe that the COD was giving out last week? They were yummy and 6 count as a dairy. I need to get the stuff and make those for me:)

I'll check back in later for personals.... Here is to a POP day for every one!

michie
02-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Morning peeps!

Kim- You are sooooooooo close! You can do this! Up your water and work out... you're so 229!

So far so POP this morning! I really want to be down by VDay so I am not messing around this week! I worked out and ate well over the weekend, so I really hope I'm down, or else I am going to be so discouraged! I hate it when I work out and eat right and gain, opposed to when I sit on my butt and eat off plan and I lose... it just isn't right! Anywho... I'm off to COD! Wish me luck!

Repo girl
02-11-2008, 12:43 PM
Morning everyone! Back on the wagon for me today, I was flat out awful all weekend. No worries, though. I am back in full force today!

Lettie- Another reason that I am glad I work from home. I rarely fight with myself, LOL.

Tuesday- Glad that school is over for a bit, sounds like you need it.

Nicole- Scarce?! WTF?

Dionne- GL at WI!

Kimberly- No worries, you will make that goal!

Kim- You can do it!

Hi Cindy!

dawn78
02-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Jill – we’re going to Orlando. We bought a timeshare down there last summer. It’s at a resort we stayed at 2 years ago & we pretty much thought it was the perfect place for the kids so we bought into it. Having a timeshare will also “force” me to go on vacation. I say force because I’m not the type of person that takes a week long vacation or really likes leaving home for vacation. I just didn’t grow up that way, but my DH did, so we went for it. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE going to new places and taking a break from the “real world”, but I always think about everything I should be doing at home instead of relaxing in the sun. Once I get there I’m fine, it’s just actually setting a date, booking everything and getting me there, but now I won’t have to worry about that because we have a fixed week every year! And yes, I’m very excited about getting out of these freezing temperatures, especially after this last weekend! I hate the weather in Minnesota, but yet I couldn’t image living anywhere else.

Katy – what was the truffle recipe you got at your COD?

JLem311
02-11-2008, 12:46 PM
hey everyone. just checking in since i have the day off today. got a bunch of stuff i should be doing, but i just don't want to!
hope everyone has a good week.

cecil
02-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Morning Everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend!
Kim you will be 229! I know it!
Michie- Good luck at WI!
Katy- Isn't it frustrating when that happens. Just hop right back on plan!
Hi Nicole, Amylou , Dionne , Tuesday, and Kim!
Lettie hope your husband is feeling better!
I wil try to check in later!

Jrny2aNewMe
02-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Good morning Everyone!

Haven't been able to be around much lately, darn work keeps interfering with my 3FC time!

Still not much to report on the WL front. I've now been on the numbered plan for 2 weeks, and am still bouncing around gaining and losing these same 1 to 2 pounds. When I switched plans, I went right onto the regular plan and skipped LA Express as I knew I had several meals out over the next week. So when I was at COD on Friday the counsellor suggested I try doing LA Express for a week. Since I have been totally POP since switching plans I figured I would try it. I was going to start on Saturday, but then I blew my POP record as we went to the RV show, and then went out for dinner after. What I ate was OP, but it was late and I didn't get all my exchanges in for the day. However, immediately got back on track on Sunday, so we'll see what happens this week. I sure hope it does something, as I looked back and see I have lost a whopping 2 pounds since Christmas.

Here's to a POP week everyone. We can do it.

JLem311
02-11-2008, 01:57 PM
ok, so i got my workout in for the day. yay. now i'm gonna shower and maybe run a few errands before it's time to pick the kids up...but it's so cold outside, i might not. :)

michie
02-11-2008, 02:20 PM
Hello again!

Hi Cecilia!
Val, sorry about the stall... is there any way they'd let you do your old plan??
Jillian you look really great!

WI was okay. I did lose a bit so I'm happy. By Wednesday when I go in again I am going to be at least 2 pounds lighter! That's my goal! Well, I'm off to get my work out on! May you all live well and be POP!

bradleys mom
02-11-2008, 02:36 PM
I think the Tickers that are not appearing are the 3FC tickers. I am noticing hat I can see all the ones made at Ticker Factory... Is anyone else noticing this?

okie in il
02-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Good morning everyone! Oops, I guess it's afternoon now. I have had a busy morning.

I, too, had a horrible weekend, food wise. Don't know what is going on. I'm thinking about doing Amy's plateau buster, but I've already had oatmeal w/peanut butter so I'll have to wait until tomorrow. But if I can find the Knudsen's juice, I'll just do a 2 day TO instead (rather do 2 days than 5 :D).

Hope everyone has a great POP day!

MomOfThreeTeens
02-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Theres a Post from Suzanne that says tickers might not be visible for a few days but will be back soon :-)

ferrarimomof2
02-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Okay, so I just got back from WI and I am up almost 2lbs. How did this happen I was POP all weekend and even starting exercising yesterday. I even did a HLW this morning. I asked my counselor what she thought it was and she said that I could be retaining water since I drank about 133 oz yesterday. I have always drank over 100 oz of water. All I drink is water. She suggested that I not drink over about 96 oz of water and do another HLW this afternoon so it would all be flushed out when I WI on Wednesday. I changed from the Purple to the Gold plan on Friday. Could this have something to do with it? She said that it would take my body about 2 weeks to get used to the change. Did anyone else experience this problem? I am so discouraged at this moment. I still plan on staying POP but it is so hard.

I hope that everyone has a great day.

pjbeau
02-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Hey hey!

What was it with this weekend...I struggled too with my food. I can pretty much pass up anything that is not OP, but I sometimes just eat too much of the OP foods. I cannot seem to get all my veggies in and I go over with my starches.

Otherwise, life is good...DH is recovering well and hopefully will go back to work on light duty in the next week or so. Yeah, it is scary how well he knows the daytime television line-up now.

Have a great day!!

Jrny2aNewMe
02-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Michie - About 4 or 5 days after I switched over the new plan, one of the counsellors did tell me that I could switch back to the old plan, but at that point I said I wanted to give the new plan a shot. However, I'm not sure that would be the solution anyway, as I had already been stalled on the old plan for over a month. I just wish this old body would start letting some of these pounds go again, as I am starting to wonder if it's even worth trying anymore, however, for the time being I am still plugging away at it.

almsthere
02-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Hey, folks. Just checkin in and reading posts. Having a hard time getting all my food in..Just don't want to eat. Just sleep! I gave up my coffee for Lent so can't even get a pick me up!

:preg:

#4 Due in Oct

BarbaraB
02-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Dionne, I always retain a little water when I start exercising again after a layoff. The shock of all that exercise just makes your muscles temporarily swell up... It goes away in a few days whether you exercise more or not, as soon as your body is used to what you did.

Val, From what I've seen, that a lot of people sort of stall for about 2-3 weeks when they move to the new numbered plans and then start losing again. So I would give it a bit more time. Don't give up, you've done so well, it has to take your body some time to adjust that that large of a change from time to time. I'm sure that you will start losing again soon if you keep trying.

I had a not too great weekend. Our dog has gone even further downhill so today we are going to take him in and put him to sleep. I am profoundly sad, and just hope that I feel like it is the right thing. I always don't know when to go ahead and take that final step. I know in the past that I think after it is done that I waited too long hoping they will get better. It is so obvious that Jojo is not getting better.

aguerin
02-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Hello Chickies!!!

Sorry I was MIA last week, but Los Angeles called. Didn't eat OP at all. Its hard to stick to plan when you have to eat out every meal and no snacks are available.

Anyway, i am recovering from that, am actually back down to 145 so will try to stay majorly focused for the next few weeks to get the post Christmas weight off.

Hope everyone is doing well. My Log Cabin is slowly grinding forward. No pics yet cause we haven't broken any ground. Still doing the preliminary up-front research. Anyway....

Jrny2aNewMe
02-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Barbara - I am so very sorry to hear about your darling Jojo. That is one of the hardest decisions in the world to make, but it is the right one. Hugs.

amylou7777
02-11-2008, 05:38 PM
Barbara- I hope you get through this day ok....I know that it will be tough to put JoJo down. I will be thinking about you and your family this week. I'm so sorry you are faced with this decision. HUGS!!

Katy66
02-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Barbara - So sorry about JoJo. Reaching this decision is never an easy one but I've always said that is one of the most compassionate things we can do for our beloved animal friends when the time comes.

Repo girl
02-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Barbara- So sorry about your dog. You and I are in the same boat. DH is taking one of our Great Danes, Vegas, in to be put to sleep tomorrow. My thoughts are with you.

Ternoway
02-11-2008, 07:05 PM
Hi Everyone,
I hope you all had a good weekend. I enjoyed my weekend but am still struggling to stay POP. I don't know what my problem is but I am not at all motivated!!!! I haven't blown it so badly as to see a gain but I'm definately not losing. I guess it's time to kick into overdrive and make a major effort wether I like it or not. With any luck I can make it through V-Day!

Barbara, I hope your doing okay. I had to put my dog down a year ago and know how hard it can be. My thoughts are with you.

ferrarimomof2
02-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Barbara,

My thoughts are with you. I am so sorry that you are having to make this decision. I know that it is not an easy one.

cecil
02-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Dionne! Nice new avatar! Is that a new Little black dress?!

Dan2112
02-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Hi kids...

Sorry I haven't posted much, but after getting back from the Chama incident, the weekend went by fast and furiously...

My body is still coping with the crud it had to try to ingest while out of town... I don't know why, but my "functions" have always kind of shut down when I travel, so getting them back on track is a chore.. It's always worse when the food isn't very nutricious.. And frustratingly, adding a good dose of fiber never works...

Anyway... I hope all is well and that you're POP... Tina, hang in there.. I know what you're going through and it's normal.. You can't always "WILL" yourself to get back on track.. What you need is a victory either on the scale or off... Saying no to off plan food is a great way to feel good about yourself..

Another great motivator is giving into your cravings, enjoying the junk food for the few moments it's in your mouth and then dealing with the cramps and upset tummy for the rest of the day... If nothing else gets you back on plan, that WILL!!

I also take personal joy in the choices I've made by looking at all the shopping carts around me in the store, filled with chips, sodas, candy and pre-packaged processed foods.. Then I look at my cart full of good veggies, fruits and fresh meats and stuff like that and think "I'm glad I don't shop like they do anymore!"....

GrandmaCindy
02-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Barbara and Katie: So sorry and hugs and thoughts are with you as you deal with your pets passing. When Barbara mentioned her dog sometime back, it sounded somewhat like what we're going through with a dog my husband has had for 15 years. Just when I think the humane thing to do is put him to sleep, the next day he'll be moving around with spring in his step. These decisions are never easy to make but it is the right one. Hope we'll be able to make it when the time comes.

Sounds like many are having the same problem with the scale not moving when it should. I gave up on figuring it out as when I thought I should have a loss, I'd get a surprise. Dionne, Paula, Val, Kim, and everyone else feeling down about it ... dig deep and keep at it. Overcoming whatever it is is that much "sweeter" when successful.

Anybody heard from Lynn? I wanted to "hear" about her maintenance journey and miss her counsel.

Katie: I've heard you mention LC cheese in several recipes. Is this a cheese that we have to be careful with using? I finally found it locally and it was really good, and I'm not usually a big cheese eater.

It's really cold here today so I think I'll try another HLW! Good luck and good choices to all. Cindy

zambejaly5
02-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Barbara. I am so sorry..... how old is JoJo? When my dalmation got old I just couldn't bring myself to put her to sleep. she was 14 1/2 and had multiple problems, but I had had her since I was 17. I went through high school with her, got married with her, all 5 kids with her. I decided that I didn't want to put her to sleep while I was pregnant with my 5th child, just because it would be too hard to have an elderly dog and a new baby. She died on her own about 2 months after my baby was born. I always felt like I probably should have done it sooner, but I just kept telling myself... I know she is blind, has cancer, is going deaf, cannot hold her pee or her poop anymore, has arthritis so bad she can hardly walk, .... etc... it went on and on. but OTHER THAN THAT..... she is fine.... I would say. I just hope she didn't suffer much in those last months. When I lost her I felt a scream come from some where in me ..... I will never forget it........ I loved her so.... and I know that is exactly how you feel about JoJo... my heart goes out to you and your loss...

zambejaly5
02-11-2008, 08:59 PM
oh Kate.... you too. that is so sad..... ditto all that to you!

Repo girl
02-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Thanks guys. For me, it is necessary to put Vegas down. He is only 3 years old, but has a ton of problems. He is pure white, and was born deaf. He also had major eye problems that we had 2 very expensive surgeries on, but is mostly blind. Mentally he has never grown out of the puppy stage. Imagine a 120 lb puppy! We have kept penned up a lot, only allowing him to be loose in our fenced back yard when we were right there. The thought of him getting loose in the neighborhood scares me for his safety. The last few months he has been acting more agressive, kind of crazy. Yesterday I let him play in the back yard while I shoveled snow off of the house. I heard my 7 year old son start screaming, and saw that Vegas had him down in the snow. Not being mean, just trying really hard to play, but biting him hard. I jumped off of the roof into a big snow pile to get to him faster. I grabbed Vegas and my son Mykah ran into the house. His arms, neck, chest, back, and legs all have bites, scratches, and bruises. Thank god he did not need stitches or anything. The whole thing just has me sick inside. I hate the thought of putting Vegas down, but what else can I do? He is becoming a dangerous dog. A gigantic, incredibly strong dangerous dog. Anyway, we have given him the best life that we could, especially with all of his special needs. Right now I have to think about the safety of my kids.

Repo girl
02-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Cindy- LC light cheese is a great choice for dairy. It is low in fat and calories. I eat it nearly every day. Good luck with your dog as well.

ferrarimomof2
02-12-2008, 12:11 AM
Cecil,

Thanks for the compliment. It is a new dress. It is a formal that I were to the Mardi Gras ball at the end of January.

whatazoo
02-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Barbara - So sorry to hear about Jojo. It is never easy... Just think of how many great years he has had!

Katie - Sorry to hear about your Vegas. Yes, you have to think about your kids first. but you have given him 3 years, when many wouldn't have given him any. Take comfort in that.

You both take care of yourselves this week... I'll be thinking of you both.

amylou7777
02-12-2008, 03:48 AM
I'm off to bed out west-but wanted to wish you all a VERY happy Tuesday! I hope that we can all make Tuesday a POP day, a day with healthy activity for our bodies and a day of tranquility rather than stress!

My goal is to make those things a priority for Tuesday! Night night!

GrandmaCindy
02-12-2008, 08:06 AM
Katie: I got caught up in the "on the roof shoveling snow" part of your post, not knowing the worst was yet to come! If they call for an inch of snow around here, forget getting toilet paper or milk for a week. I can't even imagine shoveling it off the roof. I'm so glad you son escaped without a lot of deep bites. That had to have been scarey for you and leaves no doubt that you are doing the best thing for the dog and your family.

Onward for another PoP day! Good luck to everyone, we can do it! Cindy

Tuesday Cool
02-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Good morning. Well today I drive the convertible to work. It is going to be in the 70's, sunny and nice all day. Not a cloud in the sky. Sorry, about the snow everywhere else. Picking up my tickets for China tonight.

Debbie24
02-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Morning everyone.

DH got the battery for our scale and he's down another 4lbs. SO happy for him. I'm down 2lbs from last week & hoping to meet my valentines goal by thursday. I know unrealistic normally but last friday i was 156 so i think i'm holding on to something so i'll be chugging the water today and hoping to get back to where i was.

Sorry to hear about all the doggys. Losing a pet is so hard. :hug:

I'm planning on a POP day. Hope you all have one also.

Katy66
02-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Hey everybody! Still struggling here to get my mind in the right place to continue with this. I'm having some issues with TOM, while it was supposed to be here early last week it still hasn't arrived. (Before anyone asks it is physically impossible for me to be pregnant:) At my last physical I was told that I was probably going into a perimenapausal stage (not sure of the spelling) that could last for years.... This was one of things they said I could expect, missed periods. But I tell you I'm feeling like crap, bloated and down right yucky. If anyone out there has some suggestions on coping with this let me know.

Plan wise, yesterday was a better day. Still need to work on getting my water in though.

Someone had asked about the truffle recipe I mentioned in a post yesterday...This is from LA and was given at my COD's open house Friday. They were yummy!

VALENTINE TRUFFLES (1 dairy)

3 Tbsp fat-free cream cheese
2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
2 packets sugar substitute
1 tsp rum extract

Combine cream cheese, 1 Tbsp cocoa powder, sugar substitute, and rum extract. Mix well until all ingredients are blended. Refrigerated 15 minutes. Roll mixture into small balls. (approximately 6) Roll balls in remaining 1 Tbsp of cocoa powder.

Serving size: 6 Truffles
Makes 1 Serving

Talk to you guys later!

bradleys mom
02-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Speaking of recipes, has anyone ever made cookies from their La Lites? COD had an open house on Friday and they had cut some lites into fourths, and then baked them into cookies. I will have to remember to get the directions the next time I WI.

The scale cooperated this morning. Back down to 232.0 so after TO maybe I will be at 229 for this weekend!

Hope everyone has a great day today. I am going to go workout then wait for the furniture store to deliver my new mattress set!!

michie
02-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Morning all!

Kim- Gooooooooooooooooo Kim! You are going to be one hot mama on Valentine's Day! You are so there!

Katy- Do you think it would be bad to have those everyday as both of my dairy exchanges? (Don't worry... I know the answer to that..) Sounds so yummy!

Debbie- You are going to make your VDay goal.... congrats!

Barb & Katie- You are both very brave...

Amy- How's the plateu breaker going?

I have been great so far today. Again, it's only 9 am so that really isn't saying much! I had two naked salads yesterday (5 day plateu breaker) and I'm not bored with them yet so I think I can do this! I really want to look HOT for WICKED on Friday! I can't wait!!!

Hey... you have a great day! Stay POP and remember... you're a star! ;)

BarbaraB
02-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Hi All, Thanks for all the support over my sweet Jojo's passing. He was only 12, but Shar Pei's average 9 years, so that was a good long run for him. He was just so sick for so long, that it was hard to decide OK enough now.

Katie, how sad. 3 years is young, but I had to put my DH dog down after she bit several people. You just simply can not have young children in your house and an agressive dog. The dog we had bit my DD when she was 2 right in the face. There were bite marks right under her eye. She was a german shepard mix, and had been poked with sticks through the fence by young children at one point and developed a huge hatred of them. She was kind of a crazy dog anyway. My family called her cugo. As she would seem fine and then suddenly go into mental dog snarling and biting. She bit about 4 other people before she took a chomp out of my baby. It wasn't like you can adopt out a dog like that. The vet didn't want to put her down, but she sealed her fate by biting him... At that point, he was willing to see my point. It was hard enough to do without the vet trying to talk me out of it.

Actually the vet's where I took Jojo didn't even discuss it with us... they had his medical records (which was beginning to look like the War and Peace novel) and the vet said that to hold on longer would be letting it go too long, and that is sad to see too. They knew that we had really tried and tried to make his life as good as we could for as long as we could.

Anyway, I did not eat so well yesterday... at first I couldnt' eat and then I ate some off plan comfort food... We did manage to stick with the no alcohol for lent plan, but I was tempted. I took half a day off yesterday after I had taken him to the vet and just stayed in bed and slept off my good long cry... Today I'm back on plan and going to try for as many days POP as I can manage....

MomOfThreeTeens
02-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Barbara I'm so sorry. When we lost our schnauzer to cancer I cried until I hyperventilated. After 13 years with us she was like one of my children so I can totally relate. Hope it gets easier with each day.
Katie-I'm sorry to hear about your situation too, at least your dog knew it was loved.
More dog news. some of you might remember me mentioning the Boxer in our neighborhood, I've befriended the owner and get to stop and see "Gator" anytime I want to. I bought a dog feeder so I could make sure she had food whenever she wanted it and I make sure her water bowl is clean and full. I've started buying her rawhide chewies at the store so shes got something to keep her busy while shes in her pen by herself. I'm trying to get brave enough to ask if she'll let me start taking Gator for walks, to get her out of that tiny pen for a while. If I can get DH to agree to help me, I'm gonna see if she'll let me put a fence up so Gator doesnt have to be confined to the pen. Cross your fingers!

JLem311
02-12-2008, 02:14 PM
just thought i'd check in and say hi for the day. gonna get a workout in here shortly. really should get to the grocery store too..but just don't feel like it. we'll see.
hope everyone has a good day.

bradleys mom
02-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Arghh!! I guess DH and I will sleep on the floor... Or on a little mattress in the living room. After we already disposed of the old mattress set today to make room for the new one, they will not be delivering until tomorrow! Just our luck, lol...

I guess I will do my workout in the bedroom then... ha ha...

Oh BTW, I made the LA lite cookies! They were great. I used the pnut butter bars cut into fourths, preheated the oven to 350ºF then cooked them for about 10 minutes. They are a little crispy on the bottom but wow they are good!!!

Katy66
02-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Ooh KimberlyR - That sounds yummy. I've warmed mine in the microwave but never thought of that. The chocolate crunch are almost like a brownie if you warm them about 5 seconds.

Jrny2aNewMe
02-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Hey all.

Not too much to report around here today, huge pile of work on my desk, but I'm trying to ignore that for the moment. Supposed to get 4 inches of snow today, at least it's warmed up a bit around here -4 (25 F) as opposed to the -30 that we were having.

Katie - My thoughts are with you. I know that is not an easy decision to make. When DD was starting to crawl, we had to put our dog down as well as he was very territorial about his food and snapped at DD when she came near his bowl. We just couldn't take the chance, as much as we love our pets, it's kids first.

Kimberly - Those sound good, I'll have to try them.

Mama Nicole
02-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Val.......you are not allowed to give up. The show must go on, and you are one of our stars.......hang in there.....the sclae will cooperate very soon. It just has to!!!!

Barbara and Katie :hug:

Where the heck is Joni? And Kristen? Man!!!!

Ok, sis is still here, but wanted to stop in quick and say hello. Congrats to all of our losers.......keep up the good work!!!! :)
XOXO

Ternoway
02-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Hi Everyone,

It's been a long day and the weathers really taking a turn. They're calling for another possible 20cm of snow tonight and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another snow day or at least bus cancellations tomorrow! It's wishful thinking but I can still hope right?

I have been pretty good so far today but I hate that time before dinner. It's the hardest part of the day for me and the most likely time of day for me to binge. Even if I have a healthy snack, I still want to raid the kitchen.

Dan- thanks for the words of encouragement, it's nice to know there are others out there who know how I feel.

BarbaraB
02-12-2008, 06:59 PM
Katy, I'm going to have to try those truffles. Perhaps that would be a great valentine's day treat! I also recall something frozen with cool whip free and some chocolate. I've always meant to make those too and never have. My DH is always asking when he is on plan with me what is for dessert? Which I guess he is tired of me pushing sf jello at him.

Tuesday, I could really love a day in the sun with the top down. Raining again here today. Convertibles seem like a silly idea when you live in Western Oregon.

Tina, I often have a problem right before dinner too. It just is my bad time. I read in the You on a Diet book that you should eat just a few almonds and it will help. Just one fat serving worth of almonds, especially if I eat it right before I leave from work, then by the time I'm home, I'm capable of being really rational about dinner. I forget what hormone it released to signal the body that you were not so starving, but it really does work. About 70 calories worth of fat is enough to trigger that hormone into kicking off and telling your system that you are satisfied. I think I did best on plan when I had that fat serving about an hour or so before dinner.

Ternoway
02-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Thanks Barbara! I'll give that a try. :)

bradleys mom
02-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Well I got through my first day off TO successfully!!

My dad and I are going to borrow my grandma's truck tomorrow so that we can go get my bed. The furniture company put us off another day, so Im getting it tomorrow! yay!

DH cleaned the bedroom and hung a lot of laundry tonight! I love when he does that! I'm so blessed!!

Hope everyone has a good night!

Tuesday Cool
02-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Barbara, I love Oregon. My mothers family is from the area and visiting is a passion of mine. Love the rain and coastal fog. Love the people, the gardens and flowers. Love Love Love Oregon.
On a very personal note concerning your dog. I am in charge of animal welfare for a largish municipal animal shelter. Prior to that I worked as an RVT in private veterinary practice. When in private practice I did not understand why people would choose the euthanize animals for behavior issues. After working in animal welfare I learned the huge toll that aggressive animals take on lives. They can cause scars that never heal. In fact I have no feeling in my left thumb from a dog bite. The later fear of animals is particularly upsetting when a child is bitten young.
The hardest call is to protect your family and friends from a biting animal. But you need to also realize that your dog was profoundly unhappy being that scared. In the long run you ended her pain and anguish as surely as if she had a medical problem. She never learned to be truly comforted by people so living with people was torture.
Sorry, for the seriousness of this posting but this is a topic I know a lot about and the public knows too little. :soap:

MomOfThreeTeens
02-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Kimberly-Your new avatar is great chickie! You look amazing!

amylou7777
02-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Kimberly you look SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!! I cannot believe the difference in your face! Love the hair, love the pic! Keep it up you POP star!!!!!!

Debbie24
02-12-2008, 11:33 PM
So it looks like i probably wont be making my v-day goal. We had pizza for lunch today and i had a turkey sausage for dinner. OP but still way too much sodium for 1 day. Can i just say tho that i did not enjoy my pizza and its my fav food normally but it so wasnt worth it. I hate eating something and then after i've eaten it decide it wasnt worth it. I need to start deciding that from before. We'll see how mean the scale will be to me tomorrow but i'm bracing myself.

Have a good night everyone!

Repo girl
02-13-2008, 12:59 AM
Hi everyone. Sorry about being awol today. I ended up having to hire a friend to run the daycare for the afternoon so that I could take my grandma to the Dr, then hospital for xrays and tests. She is not breathing very well at all. Anyways, just too busy to post.

Can someone please get me back on track? My sister handed me a box of sugar free chocolates for Valentines day tonight and said, "I got sugar free ones because I know how hard you are trying to stay on plan" just as I bit into a fish filet sandwich from Wendys. Oh, the shame!

Have a great night everyone!!

Katy66
02-13-2008, 07:42 AM
Good Morning! I'm up and at it early this morning...did some online bill pay so I decided I would check in here.

DD and I finished up decorating her VDay cookies last night. Just a few will stay here and the others to her day care teachers and her little cousin. I thought heart shaped sugar cookies would be a little different than the usual chocolates. Guess tonight will be spent addressing valentines for her classmates. Just got the list of names yesterday and now that she can write some she of course wants to do them all which is great but a little more time consuming. Planning on a quick supper so we can get right to it...I'm trying the "sloppy joe" recipe from Deb's cookbook.

I managed to stay on plan with the exception of missing a starch which I don't think is an altogether bad thing for me. Just having a hard time getting all my water in. Today I will DO IT!

I've got a busy day at work...they are all busy anymore...but will try to check in later for personals. Just one quick one though:) KIMBERLYR - the new pic is fantastic. YOU LOOK GREAT!

Tuesday Cool
02-13-2008, 09:59 AM
I ordered some clothes from LLBean and REI for my trips to Vegas and China. I was feeling optimistic and ordered size 12 pants and large tops. As I got ready to try on the pants I was apprehensive but by some miracle they all fit! Two pairs are going back because they were not quite right but I now have 3 pairs of size 12 pants! All the large tops fit as well. For some reason I have not lost on top as much as on my hips but I am ok with keeping the girls where they are.
It is interesting because I had set my goal weight to be a solid size 12 and I am here. Not sure if I feel ready to stop or just done with the process. I still feel fat. I still have rolls and bumps I do not like. But not being a dieter would be nice.

bradleys mom
02-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the compliments gals!! I really couldnt believe the difference myself, I was like whoooaa... The DH was just kinda looking at me like I was a dummy who just discovered my own face... lol

Sleeping on the floor in the living room on the extra mattress was a weird experience. The cats usually sleep on the couch and they sat there the whole night looking at us like we were invading their territory.

I hit a new number this morning... updating ticker right now...
Everyone have a great humpday!!

chiquita623
02-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Just a quick pop-in to say HI to everyone. It's been crazy at work so not much time to post lately. In case I don't get back on here - everyone have a very nice Valentine's Day. May all your wishes come true.

Kimberly - I love the new pic. You look so thin!!! Keep up the good work.

I'll try to get back here later for more personals. Have a good Wednesday!!!

Repo girl
02-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Kimberly- Great job, you look fantastic!!!

amylou7777
02-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Morning losers and friends!

Day 3 of the plateau breaker and I feel awesome! I made fish last night w/ lemon and a little garlic and oil- YUM! Just plopped it over lettuce- it was so good! When I plugged it into fit day it was less than 200cals! I need to buy more fish! Scale said 237 this morning-finally! A new number. My official w/i is tomorrow so I'll hopefully update with a big 236 so tht I can finally have 50lbs lost! Can't wait!

Tues- congrats on size 12!!!!!! That is awesome. You only have 5 more lbs to go! It might be a tough 5 lbs but if you don't feel like you are done then keep going! You have done SOOO well! I don't have a convertible but I was defiitely riding with the sunroof open yesterday! It was gorgeous-about 72! It totally reminded me of my good ol days in san diego! Definitely put me in a good mood after weeks of rain!

Barb- thanks for the tips on the almonds beffore you leave work. I am definitely going to bag some up to keep in my desk. That is my worst time for grabbing hanfuls of junk before I cook dinner!!

Hi Nicole! Hope you are having fun with your sister!!

WHERE IS
JONI? EMMYS MOMMY? KRISTEN? LYNN? FELICIA? ANGIE? SHANNON? And SOOO many others? AMY Jersey?? MTDebster? Check in guys!!! We miss you!!

Kimberly-omg I can't believe you had to sleep in the living room! I'd be so mad at that furniture company! Congrats on hitting a new low on the scale!! wohooo! OMg you are pretty much at your goal!!! So amazing! Have you picked a place for dinner?

Hi Katie, Debbie, Laurie, Katy, Tina, Dionne, Michelle, Liza, Val everyone! Here's to a POP wednesday!

Dan2112
02-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Hey everyone..

Busy around the office and for some reason, my computer is going WAY TOO SLOW.. This site is taking forever to load, so my time here is brief before I just cancel out and move on...

Looks like the "new me" is working food the way it's supposed to.. Despite having to eat mostly off plan last week while up at the disaster relief going on up in Chama, my body has bounced back and I'm where I need to be weight-wise.

This is the whole point of the new lifestyle.. Being able to eat crappy food on occasion and not have it adversly affect your weight.. The downside is that you still get a tummy ache because you're not used to eating that way anymore.

Debbie.. Don't sweat the pizza... The other point of the lifestyle is to be able to enjoy the foods we REALLY love on the occasions we eat them.. Pizza used to be our "go to" food when we needed something fast or we just didn't feel like cooking.. Now it's a big treat and it tastes so good.. Unless my starches are done for the day before I eat it, I don't feel bad about eating it at all.. Just watch how much you eat and what you eat on it...

I had pizza for lunch on Monday and it was fantastic.. I take my time eating it now, just to savor the flavors...

Now get out there and be one with your POP!!!

ferrarimomof2
02-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Congrats Amy on the scale finally moving for you. I am sure that you will hit a new number tomorrow.

Kimberly- Your pic looks great and also congrats to you on the new number.

Tuesday- CONGRATULTIONS on the size 12. I know that that makes you feel so good. I too say if you are not completely happy with yourself keep going. It will be worth it.

Dan- glad to hear that last week didn't hurt you.

Hello everyone that I missed.

I hope that everyone has a POP day.

I just got back from WI and my weight didn't change. I am so discouraged at this moment. However, I am going to keep at it.

BarbaraB
02-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Kimberly, Your new photo truly shows the weight that you've already lost. Good luck on day 2 of TO, and I hope the new bed is really comfy. I also was shocked and amazed to see myself in photos, both when I gained weight and did not realize that it was quite that bad and when I lost it and saw the progress. I guess we just don't really see ourselves in the mirror like we do in a photo. Not sure why that is, but I have found it both ways. Now I see old photos from when I was heavy and it shocks me again. I like forget how bad it used to be!

Tuesday, congrats on size 12's! That is a big accomplishment. Thanks for the thoughts on the putting down a dangerous dog, even though that was over 15 years ago, I still feel bad for having had to make that call. It seems that every time I have to make the decision again, it brings up all the angst from all the past decisions that were made. I both feel that I waited too long and went too soon with Jojo, so it must be about right. I had thought that the cat would be devastated, but he seems OK, mostly because Jojo had been virtually immobile and unresponsive for the last few weeks. Come to think of it, the cat has been a wild thing for awhile now... used to play with the dog all the time, but now you come home and get pounced. I do think we will get a kitten here soon.

Katy66
02-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Just dropping in after my lunch. It has been a POP day so far and I'm doing much better on my water. I WILL HAVE A GOOD WI ON FRIDAY!

Kimberly - It is always a shock to see yourself in a picture....I still see myself as 60+ lbs heavier. It amazes me when people compliment me.

Amy - Good luck on hitting the 50# mark! How do you plan to treat yourself?

Tues - Size 12 is awesome, congrats:) Oh and thanks for the opinion on a dangerous dog. We have a small dog that can be pretty nasty sometime. In fact she snapped at me this morning when I was making her get out of the bathroom trash.... She starts misbehaving when she realizes we are leaving. I think she has separation anxiety and just demands more attention that two working adults with a 5 year old DD can give her. She is extremely jealous of my DD and will growl etc when she thinks DD is getting what should be her attention. She has never snapped or tried to bite Cassie because I'm afraid that would have to be an immediate removal. We are considering a companion dog or giving her to a good home. My concern with the later is that her sometimes mean streak wouldn't go away with more attention and then she would hurt someone. I just don't know!

Dan - Glad to hear that the bad food didn't stick around too long...and good advice as always!

Hi Katie, Dionne, Laurie and anyone else lurking out there.

I saw the posts about pre meal munching...I'm bad for that. If I know I'm preparing something that is going to take a while I will save a dairy and have a couple of ounces string cheese or sometimes I will peel and slice a cucumber (absolutely love cucumbers). Gives me something to snack on while I'm working:)

Better run! Hope this rest of your day is POP!

aguerin
02-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Hello every one! HOpe everyone is having a great Hump-Day. I went off plan today, I think it is just the cold weather (20s) verses being in the mid
60's yesterday.

Anyway, wanted to wish everyone a HAPPY VALENTINES Day Tomorrow and good luck staying OP.

Not much else going on with me. The boys are being have, the dogs are too, so. House planning is coming along. Haven't gotten started yet, so reality hasn't set in. Probably will be about another month or so.

BarbaraB
02-13-2008, 06:54 PM
Katy, I've also been a big fan of the cucumber. I slice it up into "chips" .
I bet the string cheese probably works similiar in triggering the satisfaction hormone as the almonds. I have to eat the almonds at work, as if I wait until I'm home, I can eat a lot before that satisfaction thing starts kicking in. I need to take more almonds to work though.

Amy from Dixie, Hope the house construction gets started soon. It is so exciting after all the planning to see it start to be built. Of course then it takes forever to get finished too. I don't know if a log home is a lot more time than a regular one, but it does seem like it might be.

I did the elliptical last night while I watched the biggest loser (well first hour anyway). Got up this morning and went to spin class first thing too. So now it feels rather good to just sit here in the office. My legs get tired, but it said that I burned 900 calories on the elliptical and I think the spin class is about 700 calories, so that is 1600 calories between dinner and breakfast. I did eat my bar early in the afternoon. So hopefully I will make it through... perhaps the vicativ calcium chews and some EFA pills will help me from going to starbucks and having another one of those skinny mochas.. I seem to justify those way too often.

BabySteps
02-13-2008, 06:58 PM
LA closed in WA and many other areas. I understand they were selling programs days before they shut the door.

zambejaly5
02-14-2008, 08:53 AM
]202.8 this morning! my valentine goal, for me, is actually for Sunday. We are going to a Valentine Banquet.... so I have 3 days to lose at least 2.9.. I know I am the step child around here but old habits die hard.... I am doing TO today and tomorrow with grapefruit and Lunas..... I can almost see Onderland already!

Have a great day everyone!!!!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!:val3::val1::val2:

GrandmaCindy
02-14-2008, 10:02 AM
I've wondered what the step child on your Avatar meant and am still wondering! I've read your posts and think of you more as the "wise" advisor! You CAN do it!

Here's to a happy vd to everyone, and especially good vibes to you on the home stretch to onderland!

Katy66
02-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Happy Valentine's Day! Here's hoping no one gave you chocolates:)

Had a great POP day yesterday AND got all my water in. Scale is being more cooperative but I won't call it a loss yet since it appears I'm just getting back down to where I was before last week's gain of 2lbs. Don't think I'll make my Vday goal but I'm just glad to be back on track:)

Well, I better get back to work...just here part of the day since I'm going to DD's party at school. I will need some will power to resist the ice cream sundaes BUT seeing the scale finally move in the right direction helps! I don't want to blow my successes on a kids party!

bradleys mom
02-14-2008, 10:52 AM
Good Morning and Happy Valentines Day! DH and I did our valentines dinner and gift exchange last night since we have church tonight. He came home and surprised me with a dozen yellow roses and a white gold ruby ring! I was definitely surprised. I was also proud, he didnt buy me any candy, not even sugar free!

Another good Valentines present today, Scale says 230.4, so I hit my first goal I set for valentines day, and I definitely expect to hit 229 by Saturday! It feels so good to be back on track!

I hope everyone has a good Vday and keep the candy chompin' to a minimum!!!

chiquita623
02-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Happy Valentine's Day everyone. DBF and I bought an eliptical for our gifts to each other. It will be delivered next week and I can't wait.

I'm having such a hard time staying OP and since the COD closed I just do not eat the lites any more. So with that said, I think I'll try the blue plan for a month and see if that works any better for me. I've been writing down everything I've been eating and I don't think I've been eating enough. So I'll give this a whirl and see how it goes.

Hope you all have a POP day. I'll check back in later.

Debbie24
02-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Happy Valentines Day everyone.

I also failed to meet my valentines day goal. I had a very plain cupcake lastnight my very 1st cheat and this morning i was up 2lbs. I cant believe how mean the scale was this morning. I really hope it has to do with TOM or something but i dont know how likely that is since i'm breastfeeding and dont get TOM right now. I'm just so upset with myself.

Well i hope everyone has a POP day, i sure will!

emmysmom
02-14-2008, 11:03 AM
Hi everyone! :wave:

Boy, I've been MIA entirely too long!!! I've been lurking off and on though.

Kimberly - WOW!!! You look amazing!!!

Amy - thanks for missing me. :hug:

Katie - so sad about your dog. But you're right...you have to think of your children's safety.

I apologize for anyone I'm missing. I'm so far behind on posts that I just scanned this thread to try to get caught up.

As for me, I've moved into a new (bigger) office at work and now I can't find anything. :) I'm going on a cruise in May...woohoo!!! 9 days to the Caribbean. I've never been on one, so I'm super-excited. We're taking DD too, of course...I couldn't imagine being away from her for that long. Weight has been up and down...more up than down:( But I'm working on that. Other than that, pretty much same old, same old. I have missed you all very much, though!!!

Dan2112
02-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!

*virtual roses to all the ladies here*:val3:

Sorry some of you didn't quite make your goals, but with spring around the corner (in some places :lol:) now is the time to shake off the winter blues and start working toward the need for new spring and summer clothes in smaller sizes... And time for me to go to Dillard's to see if their Polo rugby shirts are any cheaper than they were a few weeks ago!

Stay away from the chocolates and the cookies as best you can today.. Remember this... Think about how sweet the victory tastes when you can walk away from the office candy box.. If someone leaves you candy on your desk - RE-GIFT!!!

Have a great day all, and may the POP be with you...

krjpy
02-14-2008, 11:39 AM
Dan ... I already thought of that ... the lollipop is already gone.:val1:

Thanks for the virtual rose (we won't tell your wife your handing out roses to other women:D)

DO YOU JUST LOOOOOVE Dillards. I have to go to Richmond VA to get to one, but it is worth the hour or so trip down the road;)

I plan to see no "W" or "X" behind my number size by Spring Break. This will be my personal fight between now and Easter (this year I vow to rip that Chocolate bunny's head off and throw it in the trash, not bite it off:bunny2:

ferrarimomof2
02-14-2008, 12:03 PM
Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!

Dan- Thanks for the virtual rose.

Kelly- You are so funny. Rip the bunny's head off.

Emmysmom- I'm sure that you will get your weight leveled out before your cruise. How exciting.

Debbie- Don't be to hard on yourself. Slip ups happen just get back on track

Laurie- I hope that you enjoy your eliptical.

Kimberly- congrats on making your first valentine goal and I am sure that you will make your goal for Saturday.

Katy- be good at the school party

Everyone else that I am missing stay POP and have a great day.

pjbeau
02-14-2008, 12:28 PM
:val1::val1: Happy Valentine's Day!:val1::val1:

The scale moved!! :carrot: I am down 1 lb this morning...after being stuck for more than two weeks, I'll take it.

Dan - Thanks for the flowers...gosh, you did better than my DH. lol

Okay, so DH did take me to dinner last night (we wanted to beat the crazy rush today). Tell me how bad I did...be honest. I had a salad, coconut shrimp, steamed green beans, and cheese fries (but, just a few). I usually avoid eatting out much because I'm not good at making the best food choices. So, how much extra water, etc. should I do to keep those fries from going to my hips??

Congrats! to everyone who made their Valentines goal...or even came close. I only made it half way. I tend to set my goals a little too high...need to be more practical.

Emmysmom - We love to cruise! We're getting ready for our 7th cruise this summer. Check out cruisecritic dot com. You can get a lot of great ideas and information for cruising on their message boards.

So, we are heading out of town this weekend...going camping with family. This is always a difficult time for me to stay OP, but I am determined to be strong.

:dust:

Repo girl
02-14-2008, 12:55 PM
I read a quote from Wynona Judd the other day that I thought you would all appreciate: "I am declaring this year independance day from the scale. I am not going to weigh every single day anymore. I think that women weighing every day is as stupid as a man measuring his manhood every day."

bradleys mom
02-14-2008, 12:58 PM
lol That is so funny!!!

michie
02-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Paula- Congrats on the loss! Keep it up!

Debbie- Don't be too hard on yourself... just use it as motivation. You're doing great!

Kim- Wow... how does it feel to make your goal?!?! You've done awesome! Have a great VDay... just keep away from the chocolates and stuff!

Lettie- I too must have missed the step child thing... if you don't mind telling I'd like to know!

Cindy, Katy, Laurie, Tina, Dan, Kelly, Dionne and anyone else who is lurking this morning... hello! Have a POP VDay and have fun!

pjbeau
02-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Katie - Here is an interesting thing that I saw today. I'm in the doctor's office and they have TVs with some sort of health satellite channel playing constantly. So this health channel says it is GOOD to weigh yourself everyday to maintain a healthy weight...so that extra weight doesn't creep up on you. I felt like my scale addiction was validated...wanted to shout "woohoo" right there in the office, but of course I didn't. lol

emmysmom
02-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Paula - I've heard that, too, about weighing yourself every day. I was happy to be able to validate my addiction, too:) And thanks a bunch for the cruise website. I didn't check it out yet, but I will after lunch. I'm so excited! I've read the entire cruise book from cover to cover, check out just about everything on the Royal Caribbean website. I'm on of those people that has to be over-knowledgable and over-prepared:)

BarbaraB
02-14-2008, 01:50 PM
Tina, Good to see you back! Good for you and Paula to be sane enough to get on the scale every day and not ditch the diet. I find weighing every day discourages me and makes me a little crazy about the ups and downs.

Paula, good to see the scale finally go down. Same to Lettie, you are really doing well lately.

Kimberly, You have done so great. Even if you don't hit your Sunday goal, it doesn't matter since really you are so close already. I normally gain a tad bit of the TO weight right back, as it was water weight loss. Perhaps you won't have that problem (it was more of a problem when I got closer to goal).

Laurie, If you feel like you are not getting enough food, give Blue a try. It is really not a large number of calories more per day. Once you get your elliptical and start exercising more, you will need to bump up your calories a bit anyway.

Debbie24
02-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Dan - thank you for the virtual rose!

Thanks michie & dionne for the encouraging words. I'm going to try not to beat myself up too much and i'm right back to POP today.

BarbaraB
02-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Debbie, Don't beat yourself up for a cup cake! Sometimes when you eat a little sugar you gain a little water weight. It is definitely not two pounds of fat from just one little cup cake. You have lost a lot of weight already for a nursing mom who had to take it slow. You never know... Nursing is not a guarantee that your cycles will totally stop, as many a surprised mother with another child will tell you.

Happy valentine's day to you too Michie. I always figure that your avatar has seen what I'm eating at my desk.... and you think that apple should be 2 fruit servings not one. Actually I went and bought the apples in the bag last night as I was feeling that the size of my fruits had grown way, way over the plan limits.

cecil
02-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Hi Ladies and Dan!
Dan thanks for the Rose! Ha!
Just wanted to stop in and say hi!
Not a lot of time for personals right now, Hi Barb! Debbie, Emmysmom haven't seen you for awhile!
Michie! What up girl!?
Kim awesome job meeting your goal!
Hi Paula and Katie! I liked the quote and the fact! Ha!
I will check in later ladies!

JLem311
02-14-2008, 02:45 PM
hey everyone. i've been getting up everday at 4am for work and i'm so tired today..i'm gonna nap in a little while..i've been sleeping horribly and not enough for over a month now..so i need a nap today! i have tomorrow off and will get another workout in then. i know that my body needs sleep to lose weight too, so maybe this nap will help me! :) i think i'm retaining a bit of water from TOM coming up next week...and it makes me feel puffy and i hate it.
hope everyone is well. i'm still trying to hang in there. :)

Repo girl
02-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Debbie, Don't beat yourself up for a cup cake! Sometimes when you eat a little sugar you gain a little water weight. It is definitely not two pounds of fat from just one little cup cake. You have lost a lot of weight already for a nursing mom who had to take it slow. You never know... Nursing is not a guarantee that your cycles will totally stop, as many a surprised mother with another child will tell you.

Haha, meet my 2nd child Mataya, born 14 months to the day from my first one.

Dan2112
02-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Hey gang.. Just a quick "chime in" before getting back to work...

Regarding this "getting on the scale every day or not" thing...

I think, if you're not currently on a diet or are putting any real effort toward watching what you eat (like those skinny friends we all have who just seem to be bottomless pits), weighing every day is probably a good thing.. Keeps them on the straight and narrow, if you will...

But I firmly believe that those of us currently, actively trying to lose weight, it can be a mental detriment... I think we all have enough stress going on day to day to not have to add getting on the scale every day to see if we're up or down a few ounces... Every two days is a good indicator, especially since it really takes that long for what we eat to either add or subtract real weight from our total...

Just my two cents...

Jrny2aNewMe
02-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!

Just have a minute to post, stuck in meetings all day, ugh.

Dan – Gosh, thanks for the roses. Haven’t got any of those in years, LOL.

Tina! – Welcome back, don’t be a stranger. I’m so jealous. I’ve always wanted to go on a cruise, but my ex never would and now there just doesn’t seem to be the money. Oh well, maybe I will splurge when DD finally finishes university in 7 or 8 years.

Paula – Woohoo. Congrrats on getting the scale moving again.

Katie – I like that idea of “independence from the scale”. I have become totally scale obsessed. I find I’m weighing myself 2 or 3 times a day, and that is not me at all. I have even considered buying a scale that I can keep at work to check my weight there as well!
I wrote this before I read Paula’s post, maybe my obsession isn’t such a bad thing afterall, LOL.

Our team just splurged and went for pizza for lunch, definitely not what I planned. Oh well, it just means I have to redo my meal plan for today, I know I can still work it in.

If I don’t make it back, hope everyone has a POP day.

Debbie24
02-14-2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks Barbara, i'm sure something is going on because like you said there is no way i could gain 2lbs from a cup cake.

Katie - :lol: this is why we are still protecting ourselves. I do want another child but dont think i'd want to be surprised.

i think we need to start a SAA (scale addict anonymous). LOL. I'd definitely be one of those. I dont know how to get myself to stop weighing 2 times a day. I know it does keep me in check tho if i see i'm up a bit i can watch what i eat closly for a few days so i start going back in the right direction. I dont know if its really affecting me or not. I do get mad if i see that i'm up a bit but i dont let it stress me out to much to the point where i think the diet is not worth it. KWIM? I think i'm ok with weighing myself often but like i said i dont know if its really affecting me any other way.

lizababe
02-14-2008, 05:30 PM
It's amazing how much we use our middle finger... I nearly sliced the top of mine off in an incident involving a bottle of olive oil.. now I'm inadvertently flipping everyone the bird...

It's hard to type without said finger and I have so much to say...

Anyway, I'm down 3 lbs after doing TO but I was up 2 on Monday so down a total of 1 for the week. I'll take it!

Hopefully I can downgrade to a smaller bandage and no splint by the weekend so I can type some more.

Hi to everyone and stay POP!!!

cecil
02-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Ok I need some advice about something that has nothing to do with Dieting. Ok I have two jobs. I work at a coffee kiosk from 7-9am every morning. Just me and one other girl. So yesterday my boss called and said that I didn't need to come in the next morning because of the weather and it isn't going to be busy. So I called back to see if I could work and she said I could work at her store with her. Keep in mind she is very mean. Kind of like Bi-polar. So I say yes because if I said no it would be obvious that I don't want to work with her. So I go there this morning and also keep in mind I have been working there for about 4 months, and I think things are going fine? According to me. But then before i am about to leave she starts telling me all these things that she thinks I am doing wrong and how I am not up tp Par yet as employee. And that she is going to talk to the girl that I work with in the mornings to push me to be better. Basically it's a store that I am not used to because I don't work there so I don't know where anything is or exactly how she wants me to do things because all the stores are different. She proceeds to tell the girl I work with in the morning that I asked too many questions. And I am thinking don't you want me to ask questions so I do things right? Or would you rather I do them wrong? anyway the point is she makes me want to quit and I know I rarely work with her so it really doesn't matter but she just makes me feel so bad about my self like I am an idiot. I don't know how to deal with a boss like that? I have never worked for someone that puts you down so much? I can't believe she keeps employees? Especially anyone who has to work with her everyday. I feel bad for them! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with someone like this, someone that always points out flaws or problems all the time? I need help or I am going to quit!
HELP!

zambejaly5
02-14-2008, 06:50 PM
grandma Cindy & Michie- I did LAWL for about 2 years, although I only found this site last April.... I am not going to blame LAWL 100% because I was the one putting the food in my mouth... but when I quit going... because they closed my center..... I weighed 15 lbs more than when I started... hmmmm. It just didn't work for me. I spent well over $2000. and they are gone and I still had the pounds to lose. Last Oct. I decided to start Nutrisystem. It is working well for me. as my ticker shows. but I have checked out the thread for NS and it moves verrrrrrrry slooooooow! and there are only a few people over there and I don't know them. so, I decided to stay here with my friends even though I am the Nurtrisystem Step-child.....

Barbara Thanks! I am really pleased. I too am not going to quite make it to my goal. but I am close enough to be happy. I was going to do TO today and tomorrow because we were not going to be able to do anything for Valentines day until Sunday so that was when I was aiming my goal for...... but my DH surprised me and we are going out to eat tonight. so.... so much for TO! I have a head ache anyway...

BarbaraB
02-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Oh Cecilia, That's awful! I do know that we had a recent meeting where we all got together and talked about feedback (some HR initiative thing). There seemed to be different styles, and believe it or not, there are people out there who WANT that kind of advice and feedback. They would be amazed that you did not find that helpful. My boss is in the group that thinks that it is just great and wonderful to give "feedback". Of course he gives 100% negative horrible feedback all the time. So I can commiserate. I've been here just shy of 13 years, so I don't know why he is always being so critical.

zambejaly5
02-15-2008, 08:05 AM
Cecilia..... poor you... I hate work stuff like that. Makes me want to quit too. big hugs from us. and I hope it gets better.

zambejaly5
02-15-2008, 08:09 AM
So last night DH took me to chinese..... I like chinese ok, but I really, really can't handle the MSG. and since it was a buffet there was no holding the MSG. so by the time I was done eating, my legs felt like they were on fire, my head was spinning, and I felt like I was going to throw up. plus I had enough sodium for the next 3 weeks. Sorry Dan.... but all in all, with puffy fingers and a tummy that still doesn't like what I put in it.. I was still 202.8 this morning. I really expected to be up with the salt. sooooo. WATER WATER WATER today.

have a good one all

Tuesday Cool
02-15-2008, 10:14 AM
It just occurred to me that I am no longer even in a "teen" size. I started this struggle wearing a 20. Was happy when I got to 16. Every jump down has been a victory but wearing a size 12 is particularly exciting for me.

Cecilia, Sorry about you overly critical boss. she is doing that stuff to compensate for lack of qualifications for the job. Some people do not get to be "boss" because they are good at it. They get it by being there the longest. Or they just buy the business and viola they are the boss. Do not let her poor people skill reflect on your abilities. Her negativism reflects on her not you. Tell yourself you deserve better, becasue you do.

Dan2112
02-15-2008, 11:06 AM
What? We're not teens anymore? CRAP!!

Then again, the receeding hairline and grey on the sides should have been indication enough for me...

I've been deep in planning for my high school's 20th reunion.. It's been amazing to experience the flood of memories reconnecting with my classmates has been.. I haven't been particularly close with many of them since graduation, so it's been fun to get to know everyone again through the website we've set up (one of the reasons I haven't been around here as much, along with increased work load at the office)...

I have been able to once again fit into some clothes from my late teen days, thanks to the diet and the support of all of you.. It's a very strange feeling, but I'm sure as **** looking forward to going to the 20th, now that the "new me" is here.. Just hope I can keep off the pounds until June!!! :lol:

Repo girl
02-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Morning everyone! I hope that you all had a wonderful Valentines Day. I had a long bath with a big glass of Muscotto wine from my parents and a lavender bath set from my DH last night. It was bliss. Everyone in my house was asleep but me. I have this cool chandelier that hangs over my tub that takes 4 taper candles. I lit them and laid in the tub with a book for 2 hours. Felt like heaven!

Dan- Of course you can!!

Tuesday- That is fantastic!

Lettie- Lemon water, lemon water, lemon water!

Cecilia- So sorry about your trouble at work. Just remember that she only wins if you let her. You have got to decide for yourself that her critisizm does not matter to you. You knew going in there yesterday that you are doing a good job, and you like you your job. By the time you left she had you questioning all of that. Don't do it. You are doing fine, otherwise someone would said something by now.

Liza- Sucks about your finger. How is Oliver doing?

Debbie- I had 3 babies in 3 years. Crazy.

Tina- Good to see you!

Hi to everyone else!!!

krjpy
02-15-2008, 12:07 PM
i think we need to start a SAA (scale addict anonymous). LOL. I'd definitely be one of those. I dont know how to get myself to stop weighing 2 times a day. I know it does keep me in check tho if i see i'm up a bit i can watch what i eat closly for a few days so i start going back in the right direction. I dont know if its really affecting me or not. I do get mad if i see that i'm up a bit but i dont let it stress me out to much to the point where i think the diet is not worth it. KWIM? I think i'm ok with weighing myself often but like i said i dont know if its really affecting me any other way.

Where do I sign up? :rofl:

michie
02-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Cecilia- I just typed a long heartfelt message to inspire and motivate you... then i accidentally navigated away from the page and it erased. Oops! So basically I was saying.. know that you know your job and that you are "up to par" and don't worry about Ms. Overly Critical.:hug:

Hope everyone had a great Vday! Man I had a tough one... stinking kids with all of their candy and cookies and cupcakes. I had so much baaaaaaaaaaad stuff yesterday and it's all their fault! (ahahahahaha... if only I could just blame people for my slips!) Then I went to this great restaurant called Corvette Dinner (Liza, Amy... familiar?) and had spaghetti and meatballs. Ooooooooooh... I am so nervous to go WI today! Hopefully it won't be that bad!

I am going to Los Angeles today to see WICKED! Woo Hoo! I am so excited! So this weekend is going to be bounce back time for me I think... I'll try not to blow it too badly though! Wish me luck!

Hey! Have a POP day! That's all I have to say! Hip hip hooray! (i'm going to stop now... :D) Have a great Friday!

Debbie24
02-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Morning everyone!

Scale seems back to normal today i saw 155 but it was closer to 156 than 155 but i'm still happy. I had a nice POP day yesterday and resisted the remaining cupcakes. I only kept 2 for the boys and sent the cake (i know Nicole, cake again) i made to DH work for valentines day. The boys of course only ate the frosting and the rest of the cupcake was staring at me all day. I didnt want to toss in just in case they wanted it later on but i resisted and i'm proud of myself then what do you know, my neighbors brought over cupcakes. Torture! Oh well, i wont be touching those!

Cecilia - I'm so sorry for your nasty boss, i honestly hate people like that. My very last job before i became a SAHM was for a guy who on the interview was the nicest person then when i started he totally changed into his normal self which was a mean, nasty *******. He just thought he owned you once you started to work for him. He was just a nasty person to everyone and i just couldnt even be around that so after a few months i quit. I couldnt deal with the stress of wondering which day he was going to blow up at me. I say if a job ever makes you cry its time to quit (this is just me tho, no job is worth my tears) and a few times he had me really close to tears just because of how nasty he was. If you dont have to deal with her on a daily basis and you need the job then try to stick it out. If you know what you are doing at your regular store and no one is complaining then stay with it but you can also try to find something else part time if she's really getting to you. When people are already like that they wont change so dont expect that & you just end up being miserable. :hug:

Dan - you can definitely keep off the weight till June. wow that must feel great going to your 20th reunion looking fab.

Katie - wow 3 kiddos in 3yrs huh. I'm 3 in 4. I love having my boys close in age. Do you like having your kids so close in age? how many boys and how many girls do you have because i only see 2 girls in the avatar.

Holiday weekend coming up, any holiday plans everyone?

Hope everyone has a POP day!

JLem311
02-15-2008, 12:23 PM
hey everyone. just checking in for the day. i have today and sunday off.
the kids are coming over soon too.
my v-day wasn't exciting..until i got a phone call from dh! we got to talk for 65mins!! i was so happy and still am smiling today! his platoon did better than all the rest with their pre-final PT stuff and they got their cell phones for an hour last night! :) it totally made my day! and i got a letter in the mail from dh too. it was a good day yesterday.
but now i probably won't get to talk to him for awhile now, but it was totally worth it.

ok, gotta get ready, the kids will be here soon. hope everyone has a good day.

Repo girl
02-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Debbie- I have a son, Mykah, who just turned 8, a daughter Mataya who will be 7 in a month, and my youngest, Marianna, who is 5. She will turn 6 later in the year. I do like having them close. It was a marathon when they were babies, but they were all good babies. Believe it or not, all 3 of them slept through the night from day one. It was very rare to be up with any of them. I always let them sleep with us as long as they were nursing, however.

Repo girl
02-15-2008, 12:28 PM
Jillian- Great news about DH calling. Have fun with the kids!

cecil
02-15-2008, 03:29 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to all of you for taking the time to read my rant... ha! I was pretty upset. I appreciate all of your advice. I agree I am going to try and stick it out since I don't have to work with her. Thank god it's not my primary source of income.

On the diet front.... Awesome job everyone on the losses! Can't wait to get started on the Bunny Hop challenge!
I have a hard weekend ahead we are taking a weekend get away this weekend and we are going out to eat. Most of my options will be good. I was wondering how would you count Lavosh? Like Pizza?
I am excited to go out of town even it is only to Grand Forks like an hour away! Ha!
Hope you all have a great POP weekend!

krjpy
02-15-2008, 04:10 PM
What? We're not teens anymore? CRAP!!

Then again, the receeding hairline and grey on the sides should have been indication enough for me...

AH HA! So that is why you are hiding your hairline in your photo;)

Cecilia - I have to say that most people who treat others that way are just unhappy with themselves. You know the saying you can't really like other people until you like yourself. Most people like this can't make themselves happy, so they try and make other people as miserable as they are. Just remember that you like, value, and respect yourself, and don't need to take advice from someone who doesn't know the meaning of the phrase "Constructive Criticisim".

BarbaraB
02-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Jillian, I can almost hear the smiles from your post. Hopefully this is the start of DH being able to call home a little more often. Have a great day with your kids.

Lettie, My DH always is greatly affected by the MSG too. I can't believe that didn't cause the scale to go shooting up! That is amazing. The guy who was suing us for the fender bender that my DD was in almost 3 years ago finally settled yesterday. We were so happy. They did give him 10,000$ for it.

Cecilia, Have fun on a weekend away. Next time she asks if you want to work in the store, just say no thanks. Two jobs? I just can't imagine

Dan, Sigh.. I'm sneaking up on 30 years out of high school myself, but I had a great time at the 20 year and reconnected with friends that I've kept in contact with ever since. I'm sure that you will keep the weight off! OK is it tomorrow that you are going to the Melting Pot? Happy birthday to Liz if it is her birthday here soon.

Liza, Sorry that you hurt your finger! Hope it heals and you can get back to typing to us soon.

bradleys mom
02-16-2008, 11:34 AM
hellooo?? (echo, echo, echo....)

Today is DS 2nd birthday! I almost cried this morning, I miss him being little!! I didnt make my 229 goal but 230 is fine with me! I get off work at 12 today then we are having a big birthday party at 2pm for all of our frineds and family! I am saving 2 starches and a fat for a small piece of birthday cake! (As per the LA Free to Live tip cards!!)

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

ferrarimomof2
02-16-2008, 07:35 PM
Where is everyone at? I have been on plan today and my DH is taking me out tonight. I have saved up for this.

I hope that everyone is having a great weekend.

Tuesday Cool
02-17-2008, 10:28 AM
Off to Vegas this morning. Wish me luck. I hope to stay strong and eat well. If not next week I will be back in full force. The hotel has a gym and I plan on using it. I brought veggies for snacking and will try to make good choices otherwise.
TOM hit me last PM and I found myself finishing a piece of cake right after eating tortilla chips right out of the bag. Not a good start but heck I haven't had a chip in months and the cake was a creamy lemon thing. After i finished the cake I brushed my teeth and went to bed pouting.
Today it is carrots!