South Beach Diet - Monday Chat 2/11/08

View Full Version : Monday Chat 2/11/08

Loriann7
02-11-2008, 06:59 AM
I know it's been a couple months since I posted in here, sorry folks, with the new job it's been crazy. And, sigh, yes, I gained all the weight back! However, this weekend I worked hard and am back down 5 pounds! I'm excited to get past a plato, seemed I couldn't get past, now I HAVE to get past another, a certain number that, without fail, as soon as I hit it I start gaining again. And yes, it's the number on the ticker!

I joined curves, but in three months only worked out 9 times there, and only walking dog once a week! YIKES! am planning on curves after work. It's hard when you have two teens expecting you to pick them up. But I've told my son that he and his friend will have to wait while I work out.

Anyway, going to try to read posts more to get to know you all.

later.

cottagebythesea
02-11-2008, 07:01 AM
It's a cold blast of winter this morning, 11*. Brrrrrrrr!:brr: I'll have to work extra hard at Curves to work up a sweat! ;)

I plan to stop off at Wegman's after my workout to pick up the ingredients for SCHMOODLE'S recipe of split pea soup, and I can't forget coffee! I'm almost out! :fr: While the soup is simmering, I have to do a bit of dusting and vacuuming, and maybe throw in a load of sheets. Cindy's family is supposed to be driving back from Vermont today, so depending on what time they get in, I may have the day off again. :crossed: I could get used to this, but I do miss my girlies. :)

How's your part of the beach looking today? :cofdate:

cottagebythesea
02-11-2008, 07:08 AM
Welcome back, Loriann! I know how hectic life can be, trying to hold down a job and taking care of your family. Congratulations on the 5 lbs., that's awesome! I'm off to Curves as soon as it opens this morning, too.

Loriann7
02-11-2008, 07:19 AM
Thx cottage, you sound like me... shoppin on mondays! However, this weekend my son staid in town and I had to go pick him up yesterday, NOT a good thing as we had very bad white outs here to where I could barely see at times, almost came home and told him to stay put! There was a 36 car pile up here, http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=f0393e8f-9a1d-432a-b36c-0b17bd480ee6 ! One teen girl died several listed in critical.

And yes, the temps were BITTER COLD, FRIGID!!!!!!

cottagebythesea
02-11-2008, 07:26 AM
Loriann, I saw the coverage of that terrible accident on the news, that was awful. Be careful driving out there in that stuff!

Loriann7
02-11-2008, 07:29 AM
Thx, I will. I noticed you were about the same weight I am no, OK< I weighed in at 186.5 this am. And you are down to where I want to be... how did you do it? Was curves a major input or some other activity? what about foods? PLEASE, TELL ME@! I've been struggling for over ten years at this weight!!!!!!!

CyndiM
02-11-2008, 07:49 AM
:brr: Thanks for the coffee Cottage. It's 6 here and I've got to clear my car out. Yuck :(

Cottage - enjoy your down time this morning and stay warm out there!

Loriann - pleased to meet you :) That accident sounds bad. I used to live in a lake effect area, the worst weather ever IMO. Congratulations on the 5 lbs.

Back to work today. Looks like we are getting another storm tomorrow afternoon. I have had just about enough of this weather this year. Unfortunately we have at least another month to go.

Have a good day!

Ruthxxx
02-11-2008, 08:07 AM
Checking in from frigid Delta where it is lightly snowing. It's cozy in the house, especially with my darling dog home and sleeping on my feet! I think she's glad to be home although I'm sure she misses the fun and frolicking at the Pypers' place.

This morning I MUST get back at the knee exercises as my PT comes tomorrow. My friend Holly may bring over my puppy for a first visit. He was born on January 21 so is just 3 weeks old. IMHO, he shouldn't be outside yet but she's the breeder, not me. The cold may dissuade her.

Nothing much exciting around here - just plugging along and trying to convince myself that every day is better.

THINBYJUNE
02-11-2008, 08:42 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Loriann Welcome back. You can do it. :hug:
Cottage Stay warm an have fun at Curves.
Cyndi Stay warm and be careful.
Ruth I'm glad to hear Hershey is home and you are feeling a little better. Have fun wth the puppy visit.

Me DF and I had a great time this weekend. We went to a spot a couple of hours from here called Lake Isabella. It was very relaxing. But now it's back to reality and that means work:stress: Have a great day everyone.

femmecreole
02-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Running a bit late today, so just popping in quickly to wish everyone a great and productive week!!!

Schmoodle
02-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Morning chicks.
cottage, hope you like the soup. My DD looked at it last night and said it looked like, well, something nasty that I won't repeat. And she's never seen The Exorcist, to my knowledge! But I love it. Stay warm!
Hi Loriann, welcome back to the beach.
Have a great day, Cyndi and Ruth. Tell Hershey we missed her.

Hmm, I can't think of a single interesting thing to say. It's Monday, what more CAN I say? Hope you have a great start to your week. I am nervous about weighing in for the first time in a month on Thursday.

tomandkara
02-11-2008, 09:04 AM
Good morning all! It still feels strange to actually write that IN the morning!

Can you believe the temperature change yesterday, Linda?! It was 46* when we got home from church, 32* when I left for my parents' in the late afternoon, 22* when we got home around 9:00, and we woke up this morning to 12*! Good thing I got my run in early yesterday and that today's a rest day!

Loriann, way to go buckling yourself down and shedding those five pounds. Last year I read one of Bob Greene's books and he talks about "set points" that our body has, weights at which our bodies like to plateau and have a hard time getting past. He said we tend to really hit some cravings when we're trying to get past those set points and if you push past them and don't give in, a couple days later you generally see a "whoosh" and you will be past it. Sometimes it takes increasing your exercise a bit and sometimes you have to change up your diet (decrease calories, slightly increase calories, eat more frequent and smaller meals, increase protein, etc.). Good luck!

Schmoodle, did you find out whether your contract was renewed??? I love split pea soup, regardless of its aesthetic appearance! I made some black bean soup yesterday and Tom's dad made an awful face when he looked in the pot. He makes an awful face when he looks in a lot of my pots, though. The man really doesn't care for many vegetables and pretty much eats as anti-South Beach as you could!

Dawn, I'm so glad to hear that you had a nice time with your fiance this weekend. Are things back on track or are you guys taking it slowly?

Ruth, I hope you get to see the puppy, as long as the weather co-operates. Puppies are so cuddly! You decided on Igor?

Cyndi, good luck getting the car cleaned out! Be safe out there!

:wave: Cat! Hope your day goes well!

Nothing big on the plan for today. Connor's starting back into school; I'll probably let him take it a little easy since he had last week off. No extra-curricular activities to speak of. My exercise today will be summoning enough will power to resist the four kinds of cake we have in the house. And staying warm is high on the list!

Have a great day! :dust: for any of us who need it!

Kara

THINBYJUNE
02-11-2008, 09:10 AM
I think I actually figured out how to post pictures.
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg301/BLONDIE122373/IMG_1534.jpg

Kara We're still taking it a bit slower but he did actually make dinner reservations for Valentine's Day without me reminding him (first time in 9 years:lol: ) That's definitely progress.

Loriann7
02-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Kara, thanks! I'll remember that as I near 179... thats when I start pounding them back on faster than I lose of course! ggrrrr...

Thanks everyone! Stay warm!

Schmoodle
02-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Dawn, pretty!

Kara, yes, we found out last week we got the contract award, so my job is secure (as it can be, anyway) for another year, with a second year option. However, the whole recompete process opened my eyes to some opportunities out there, and I will be exploring them over the coming year. At least now, there is no time pressure though.

tomandkara
02-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Dawn, what a gorgeous picture! Glad to hear you'll have a nice evening out on Thursday!

No problem, Lori. That little piece of info helps me out psychologically when I get to a stuck point.

Schmoo, happy working! It's nice to have options. Especially ones without too much time pressure!

Avery's yelling that she's done on the potty so I'd better go get her. She's been doing so well since we got home. I expected a bit of a regression, but she's been fine. Yay for her!

Kara

only1naked
02-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Hi everybody! I hope you all had great weekends and wish you a happy, successful week on the beach!

GONNABE165
02-11-2008, 09:53 AM
It's a cold Monday morning here but the sky is beautiful.

Welcom back Loriann7

Keep warm Cottage

Ruth I'm glad to hear your getting along

Dawn I'm glad your weekend went well - great pic

Morning Cat, Schmoodle & Only1

Kara thanks for the will power & good luck to you

ME - nothing much going on except work and gotta get my eyebrows done after work other than that it's just Monday

tkglenn
02-11-2008, 09:57 AM
good morning,

thin-what a beautiful picture. I miss california soooo much. Life there was so much better then where i'm at now.

everyone else-good morning. wherever it's cold, stay warm and drive safe if there's snow.

Me-nothing much going on. The two puppies with the cleft lip passed this saturday. I've had a really rough weekend. DH had his PTSD moment after moment after moment. I cried all weekend. He's not getting any better, it's getting worse. He finds little petty things to get upset about. uuuuuggghhhh. i really don't need the added stress in my life. I've got 4 kids, 2 dogs, and 5 puppies to worry about. He totally busted my bubble yesterday morning but I'm gonna post that as a different thread. Hope everyone had a better weekend then me. Got a busy day ahead of me. Doctors appointments for my child with ADHD and my baby's 6 month check up. My dad is here visiting (he comes about every weekend if flights aren't full. He gets to fly for free as my brother works for an airlines) and he's got the flu, just like the rest of the house. I have to do my spotless cleaning today. my job is never done. somebody just shoot me already lol.

Pacergal29
02-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Someone kindly tell me where the weekend went? The weather "men" are calling for 4-6 inches of snow starting tonight. After the last wrong prediction they made 2 weeks ago they say we have no way of avoiding it this time. We shall see if they are right this time!

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Kara yeah Schmoodle got her contract, I tried to get her to come here and help me this month but she kindly declined! ;)

TK :hug: for you. Keep strong!

Wish I had more time but I need to kick it into gear. Have a great day ladies!

cottagebythesea
02-11-2008, 10:08 AM
I have my ham hock boiling away for my soup. I think I'll set the pot outside on the patio to cool, it's certainly much colder than my fridge!

That's a gorgeous picture, Dawn! Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

Loriann, yep, I lost all my weight with a combination of SBD and Curves. I really should have been at goal long ago, but I've been letting myself stray off-track too often. :( I've been slowly getting my act back together again, though!

little chick
02-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Morning chicks. I never get anytime but to post quickies. Oldest DD is home sick today, plus one of my other school kids. DH was sick on friday night. And I have a pounding headache. GRRRR. I will pop back in later. Maybe I need a cup of tea have not had one yet, that could be why I have a headache. Take care chicks.

Pearlrose
02-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Good morning Ladies, hope everyone is keeping warm in this chilly weather!!!!

I am with you Loriann, I cannot seem to get past 187. Everytime I get there I stall, I am going to Gulfport MS this weekend so I am hoping that will kick start it-seems when I go out of town it shakes things up.

I am glad I am working from home today, but we are suppposed to get an ice storm tonight, so I may try and switch and work from home tomorrow as well instead of Wednesday if it is going to get bad.

Have a great day

only1naked
02-11-2008, 10:31 AM
My signature stopped showing up... I wonder what happened. Hmmmm...

beachgal
02-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Wowee, chickies!!! 23 posts before 9:45...you are all very "chirpy" today! :lol:

I had a student waiting when I walked in the door this morning and only got to eat breakfast about 10 minutes ago. Yikes! It's hopping in here...

Hope everyone had a good weekend and hope most of you are a lot warmer than we are...it was 5*F here this morning!!! :brr:

Off to the gym after work, then I'll rush home speedy-quick to do snack, shower, cook dinner, eat dinner, and then DH and I will take the pup to her first obedience class. I'm less worried about her learning the commands than about her filling the gym with her whimpers at not being allowed to play with the other dogs! :lol: She just goes nuts when she sees another dog and is absolutely anxious to get over next to them and make friends. Poor little girl!

Here's hoping the class goes well! :crossed:

SAnativegirl
02-11-2008, 10:41 AM
I cant complain about weather here-sorry:(
It was about 80 and sunny yesterday.
I bought some beautiful black high boots,
I have always wanted some. And some
jeans at Goodwill. i am not about to spend
alot on jeans till I hit goal.

beachgal
02-11-2008, 10:42 AM
Only1, looks like it's happening with all the 3FC tickers. I'll check with the other mods and see what's up... :?:

tkglenn
02-11-2008, 10:45 AM
only-there was a post yesterday about signatures. They were saying something like signatures aren't gonna show until you've been apart of 3fc for 30 days and posted more than 100 times or something like that, not too sure on the numbers but I know for sure it's a 30 day thing and you have to have so many posts.

only1naked
02-11-2008, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I am past that and have had one for a while. It's vanished along with people who have thousands of posts. That's not the issue this time!

Schmoodle
02-11-2008, 11:02 AM
Hi chicks, since I have whined on here more than once about my year long bathroom wallpapering project, I though I'd share some pix. I finished up this weekend finally. You tear and stick each of those little pieces, which is why it took so long, although it's very easy to do. I love my bathroom because out of 12 rooms in my house, it's the only one that's completely finished. Needless to say I spend a lot of time just standing in there.
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/Schmoodlethefirst/100_0617.jpg
tk, sorry about your puppies. :(:hug:
lc, feel better!

Neko
02-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Schmoodle Wow, that's a great paint job on the wall. Did you do that yourself?

tk Sorry to hear about the puppies. :hug: Hope everything looks up soon.

I'm still attempting to wake up. I hate Mondays. *yawn*

GONNABE165
02-11-2008, 11:11 AM
TK :hug: sorry to hear of the puppies.

Morning Stephanie, Pearl & Laurie

LC hope that headache is gone

Schmoodle it looks great! My uncle did the same thing in his living room with a brown color & it looks like leather is on the walls (awesome)

KT39
02-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Morning, all....
TK--I'm sorry to hear about the pups as well....hang in there....

Only1--your signature was SBD friendly, so I ate it.....:moo:

tkglenn
02-11-2008, 11:18 AM
we were expecting the puppies to not make it. the vet said that puppies with cleft lip don't survive and there's nothing that can be done about it. It'sjust the way it is. I'm sad about them leaving us especially because this is her very first litter but they wouldn't survive and even if they did, no one would want them. We would have two more puppies on our hands (moreso mine then anyone else in the house). That would've been way too much work for me. I'm extremely sad though.

only1naked
02-11-2008, 11:21 AM
KT, I thought I suggested a good restaurant for you?! What the heck. May my sig cause you intestinal issues of the umpteenth degree.

Kim_Star060404
02-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Hey everyone! 9:30 am and already 34 posts?! Just a quick fly-by for me this morning. The weekend with the family was wonderful and I'll post some pics asap. Hope everyone has a great day today! Just work and school for me...same old-same old!!

~Kim

Kim_Star060404
02-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Just checked out the ticker problem. You can see the thread here. (http://3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2047911#post2047911)

No big deal, basically. We should all have our tickers back by Wednesday!

Neko
02-11-2008, 11:58 AM
It looks weird not to see the weight loss tickers.

Soooo.. KT, how many grams of fiber are there on only1naked's signature? I forgot my morning snack. :devil:

KT39
02-11-2008, 12:04 PM
I got a day's worth of fiber from that ticker.....soon I'll be full of you know what! Hahahahahhaa........

only1naked
02-11-2008, 12:15 PM
I have a hunch you already are. *;)*

only1naked
02-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Just checked out the ticker problem. You can see the thread here. (http://3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2047911#post2047911)

No big deal, basically. We should all have our tickers back by Wednesday!See, and I am the idiot who originally thought it was just me, so I deleted mine thinking I would remake it. Now I don't have one to come back to. *sigh*

Off to drown myself in a handful of cauliflower.

Neko
02-11-2008, 12:18 PM
I have a hunch you already are. *;)*

Owch. lol :D

You can make one on another ticker site to use here temporarily. That should probably work.

I bought a head of cauliflower at the store yesterday, and thought of you. :p

KT39
02-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Careful with the cauliflower, only1--you'll end up being just as full of it as I am!

I'm still too new for a ticker.....someday I'll be one of the cool chicks!

GONNABE165
02-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Kim I am so glad you had a great weekend - pics would be great

femmecreole
02-11-2008, 12:58 PM
... I am going to Gulfport MS this weekend so I am hoping that will kick start it-seems when I go out of town it shakes things up.

If you get a chance, while you are there, hop over to Ocean Springs (just a few minutes away) and check out some of the adorable shops there. Was there a couple of weeks ago and there are tons of really cute places to shop or "just look" there.
Also saw a really cute organic grocery store, but didn't get a chance to look to much.

beachgal
02-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Thanks, chickies, for helping explain the sig prob. I never venture out of SBD (though I highly recommend that you do...there are TONS of fabulous forums here at 3FC!!!), so I hadn't seen the announcement. Sorry 'bout that!

TK, I'm sorry you've got so much on your plate! :hug: Poor little pups...sounds like it was for the best, but it's still hard. :( Does that leave you with four pups? (math was never my strong point...)

Does DH have a therapist? He should be learning coping skills for dealing with his PTSD that do NOT involve making you feel crappy. :club: I have PTSD and I've never had to take it out on DH to deal with it. The worst that's happened to him is that some of the time I couldn't go to my job, since that's where the stressful event happened. My therapist has been immensely helpful and I'm almost over it unless I go to the site of the trauma. :) So, DH should get better with therapy...and it shouldn't be like this forever. :hug: I'll be thinking of you!

So, what's with your father coming to visit when he's sick??? He could have infected the whole plane, and why is he bringing the flu into your house when you have a baby? Yikes!!! I don't know about you, but I'd be pretty upset with my dad if he showed up on my doorstep expecting me to nurse him out of the flu. But maybe your dad didn't realize he was getting sick? If he's only been sick for a couple hours or so, you might try giving him Oscillococcinum. It's a homeopathic remedy and usually I think they aren't worth anything, but this one works! It's helped me avoid the flu entirely once and helped DH get over his in a day instead of the weeks that his coworkers dealt with. It's great stuff! :love:

Hope things get much better very soon, hon. :hug:

KO
02-11-2008, 03:35 PM
Hi Guys:
I'm behind on my goals for the day! So no time for Personals except
TK so sorry about the puppies!! :hug:
Kara Welcome back home!
While I'm still staying away from the scale Due to swelling issues. . .I'm on day 1 Ph 1 the only day I'll be a bit more Lax is Thursday when Hopefully I'll burn it off :devil:
DH and I went to a cooking class on Saturday afternoon It was the first time we did a Me hobby! It was Pretty Healthy except a bit Heavy on the EVOO for my plumbing and *cough* fudge I think if I recreate some of it I'll be rockin the cooking spray.
Ok bbl
Kier

Loriann7
02-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Wow, you all have been busy! So, should I feel priveledged to still have my scale showing? :P

Pearlrose
02-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks Cat! I will try to make it there and check out the shops....I know we are going to New Orleans one day to walk around as well, never been.

tammie00
02-11-2008, 04:19 PM
HI

I have come 2 or 3 times today to post and got sidetracked by somehting in the house. LOL andforgot to post.

Well so much for my me day. Ihave spent the day getting tax stuff together. FUN FUN...NOT

Lorraine I like your siggy--The 5 C's of healthy living!! I am going to post that on my fridge.

TK sorry about the puppies
Cottage Hows the soup?
Smoodle Love the wallpaper..when we move wanna come do mine?

confession time..I had a small jr cheeseburger today. I wasn't craving it per se. I just wanted something. I have a terrible migraine and nothing else sounded good. LOL Everything else I thought about eating sounded nauseating. LOL I don't feel guilty because this is a way of life and I know I will not always be perfect on plan but I am commited to being on plan the rest of the day. I didn't get fries and did eat a big salad with it. SO I don't feel too bad. I am ready to combat the cravings with redpeppers and celery and LOTS of water.

Tammie

Loriann7
02-11-2008, 04:21 PM
HI

Lorraine I like your siggy--The 5 C's of healthy living!! I am going to post that on my fridge.

confession time..I had a small jr cheeseburger today. I wasn't craving it per se. I just wanted something. I have a terrible migraine and nothing else sounded good. LOL Everything else I thought about eating sounded nauseating. LOL I don't feel guilty because this is a way of life and I know I will not always be perfect on plan but I am commited to being on plan the rest of the day. I didn't get fries and did eat a big salad with it. SO I don't feel too bad. I am ready to combat the cravings with redpeppers and celery and LOTS of water.

Tammie

Tammie, thx, but I can not take credit! I stole it from a long time member here "Heather", as I mention in the sig!

And yes, I too can feel your pain of cheating! I had a cookie earlier! :(

tomandkara
02-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Only1, hi to you, too!

Gonna, you reminded me that I need to get my eyebrows done. They are sorely in need of un-unibrowing!

Tawnya, you are going to crash one of these days if you can't find an outlet for this stress. I can feel it all bubbling inside of your posts! Go talk to a pastor or counselor or something, woman. We need you here!!! I'm sorry about the pups. That's so sad.

Stephanie, why is it that the weekends fly by so quickly? It's just not fair, is it? Hope your Monday is going well!

LC, hope the tea cleared up the headache! What kind is your favorite? I have noticed you're a fellow tea drinker!

Rose, be safe if you have to go out in the weather. Some time in Mississippi should clear up the winter doldrums. Good luck getting past 187!

Laurie, I'm sure if it's an obedience class, they'll be used to dogs wanting to play with their friends! Don't stress it. Hope you all learn lots!

SA, have fun in the sun for all of us!

Schmoo, at least you're standing in the bathroom! It could be worse...plenty of worse things to do for long periods of time in there! It looks great!!!

Kara

GONNABE165
02-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Boy has it been busy here at work for me - makes the day go quicker. Hope you gals are having a great day.

KO
02-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Tammie it's all about getting back on the Beach Towel! You can do it!

tomandkara
02-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Morning, Neko!

Hi, KT! I don't think we've "met"! Nice to see you!

Kim, glad to hear the weekend was nice. I can't wait to see your pics!

Kara

tomandkara
02-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Hey Kierie! A cooking class sounds like a blast! That's going to go on my List of Things to Do Sometime!!!

Tammie, way to go getting back on track. I think it's more about your plan for after an off-plan meal than the actual "cheat" itself. Getting yourself back into the swing of things right away is SO important, and if you can master that, you should be golden.

Our day is going SO well! Connor is doing spectacularly well on his schooling for having had a week off. He's been plugging away without too many reminders and only has two things left on his list. My eating has been spot on perfect today, which is so impressive because last night was my brother's birthday party and I was NOT on plan in the least (except for the handful of cashews I ate before the cake and ice cream...). I wanted more junk when we got home but had a glass of water instead and then went to bed and I'm so proud of not spiralling out of control!

Gotta go get some snack.

Kara

Loriann7
02-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Kara, I'm assuming your talking about dog obedience? I have a story that I'm so proud of Jade I thought I'd share!

Jade, a 10 mo. old black lab weighing in at only 50 lbs (but healthy, she's just small lined). It's been months since our obedience class and about a month ago I started working with her on heeling (beyond what that class taught). three times only of keeping her in heel position (for a very short time each incident)... well, after three weeks of not walking her (my son was doing it for me) I had her out and tried it (WITHOUT THE LEASH IN HAND) AND not only did she heel, but she went all the way home, in a park where there were other dogs, whom she knows and loves, and loves to play with, and stayed in heel position till we got home!!!!! (about a mile and a half!).

GONNABE165
02-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Kara glad to hear Connor is doing well. Remember life happens so don't beat yourself up about the party

bellaluna
02-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Just wanted to say hi, all!

TK, sorry about the pups. That is so incredibly sad.

And cottage, I am jealous...really miss Wegman's! Originally from the east coast and now out west...there's nothing like Weggie's out here!!!

Tammie: When I'm sick, I have a really hard time staying on plan. Hope your migraine is better now. :hug: And you didn't have fries, and it was probably only a tiny bun since it was a mini-cheeseburger, so no worrying allowed, ok?

KO
02-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Bella I love your screen name is that a Moonstruck Reference? :D

Loriann7
02-11-2008, 07:15 PM
OK all, I went to curves and I just have to share! Mind you, I just started in December, and had to push off going for a month due to busy schedule so it'd been awhile since I seen this one girl, her name is donna. I SWEAR she was a different girl today! When I asked her, she'd lost 30 since I seen her, and since September, she's lost 50!!!!!!!!!!! It gave me a second wind to see her transformation in one short month!!!!!!!!!! When I asked, she said she's doing high protein diet.... and working out. It is possible, but someone convince my body of that fact!!!!!!!!!! LOL

tkglenn
02-11-2008, 07:28 PM
beachgal-my dad always comes to visit on the weekends. He didn't get the flu till he got here. Our house was infected with the flu before he got here. He wouldn't come if he was sick before he got here. DH is supposed to be seeing a counselor. He started a new job and can't go in but will (according to him)call his counselor and talk to him. But you know it's never the same as actually going in. When DH and I are back on talking terms, I am going to ask him for his counselors phone number and talk to him about the way my hubby is. It's getting worse.

Kara-I have a best friend I always go to to vent. She is my counselor and shoulder to cry on. If she's not available, I call my dad and vent to him. Yeah, I think I need a professional counselor though. I've told him that I need one and he thinks I don't. He says, "for what? You don't need one." I told him that I need someone to talk to about the stress I go through because of him. He didn't say anything about it. I feel my body wanting to shut down sometimes. But with 4 kids, I've got to keep going. Sometimes I just want find a corner, curl up in a ball, and just cry. Cry till I can't cry anymore. But, I've got to be strong for my kids. I would rather him take it out on me then on the kids. At least I understand what's going on, they don't.

well, better get dinner going. Gonna make this really healthy chicken tortilla soup. Full of tomatoes, chicken, and onion. It is yummy. Thanks for all the support you guys. I can't get it from anywhere else right now. I appreciate everything.

tomandkara
02-11-2008, 09:06 PM
Tawnya, I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that we're always around if you need anyone to vent to. Unfortunately, not many, if any, of us have the professional experience and expertise to be able to help beyond just being a virtual shoulder for you, and it seems like you need that extra little bit of understanding that someone in a certified position could add. There is a tremendous amount going on for you right now and you are incredibly strong, but a girl can only take so much! In my completely unprofessional opinion, I think being able to talk to someone in a neutral position, who knows how to help not only PTSD patients but also their support people, could keep you strong so you can mother those kiddies the best way you know how.

:hug:

Kara

Schmoodle
02-11-2008, 09:25 PM
tk, hope you can find some good support. You know we are here to do as much as we can for you but it does sound like you need more. Don't ever feel bad about venting to us, none of the rest of us hold back.

cottage, how did your soup turn out?

No way Tammie, I have a small bathroom and it took me a year to get it finished. DD started it for me, got through about half, then went back to school, and I have been doing the rest in tiny bits and pieces.

I am bored chicks and I want to eat and what I want starts with choc and ends with late and has an o in the middle. Weird to be bored, but usually I am making the kids finish up HW and take baths or reading to them about this time, but they are off tomorrow (grrr). Don't feel like watching TV, don't have anything to start reading, what I really want to do is get one of those boxes of Samoas and eat the whole thing.

I am not hungry tho', I had Taco Bake for dinner. It turns out different every time, and this one was was truly scrumptious. Then I drank a glass of skim milk to fill in all the holes. The ONLY thing holding me back is weigh-in three days from now, and my Valentine's challenge.

Schmoodle
02-11-2008, 09:27 PM
Hey, why did you guys get your tickers back, but not me?

Schmoodle
02-11-2008, 09:33 PM
There they are! Thank you ticker fairy!

GONNABE165
02-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Schmoodle I don't have my ticker back either

I finaly got to enjoy one of christmas gifts DDR and it is a blast a definite workout

Kara you actually get to go to bed at the same time as the rest of us

Hope you gals have a great night

KT39
02-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Morning, Neko!

Hi, KT! I don't think we've "met"! Nice to see you!

Kim, glad to hear the weekend was nice. I can't wait to see your pics!

Kara

Hi Kara, nice to meet you as well....I've gathered that your hubby is in the military and I would like to say Thank You to your hubby and you and the rest of your family for the sacrifice that you are making for our country.....