Weight Loss Support - Christian Encouragers #134

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers #134

ECmom
02-12-2002, 12:31 AM
Welcome to the Christian Encouragers Thread. If you want support and prayers for your healthy eating or struggles that you're having in your life then you've come to the right place! We're here for each other.

Be sure to go back to CE'ers thread # 133 to catch up on the successes, blessings and trails of our lives. Also a special welcome to Monica, who just joined us.:)

ECmom
02-12-2002, 12:33 AM
Hi!
I started a new thread, the other was getting so long!
I left a post for Peachymom (Monica) who was the last to post on thread #133.
I have to go to work tomorrow, and am not sure how much I will get to check in.
Have a great nite (I had better get some sleep!)
Ginny

Eeyore's Sun
02-12-2002, 10:18 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!!!!

How is everyone this wonderful day? I am off again today since I have to work this next weekend. For you that don't know I am a nurse that does full time home health and I absolutely love it!!!
I love the freedom it gives me to work yet have time off in the middle of the day to run errands, take the kids or self to the DR, etc... I love being outdoors even in the winter.

I had a very frustrating day yesterday. I started out doing my visits (home health) and had to take my pickup in for some work on it, so I did appt at 11 and didn't get it back until after 3:30! And it was supposed to take about an hour. And then come to find out, when I got home my DH looked at it and they didn't even do everything they were supposed to. And I didn't get all my visits done either. Ugh!!! And now my oldest DD has a horrible cough and I will have to take her to the DR today. Tomorrow I have to go back to the DR too. Wish I could do both in the same day. Oh well.........

Sami~ You bet we're praying for your FIL. What have they told your family about him? Sounds like something has definitely happened with him. Please keep updated when you can. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Wilma~ My DH used to be able to eat anything he wanted too but the last 7-8 years his body has changed and now he has to be accountable like me. Which for me is a good thing, since he now understands what I have been going through nearly all my life. I could just smell a doughnut and gain. Ya know??

ZOE~ Where are you my friend? Are you already on vacation? In FL? I wanted to go too. ;)

Monica~ Wow! So sorry to hear about your DH. You are definitely a strong person and you can lose this weight and reach goal too. If you don't mind me asking were you all in the car at the time of the accident? I too lost a husband from a car accident but it was back in 1983. For months, I thought I could not go on and then I turned back to God and quit blaming him and he lifted me up and I stepped out of that cloud and changed my life and moved on. My heart aches for what you have been through and those precious, sweet children. Thank goodness you are a Christian and have God to lean on. If you ever need to talk or a friend, we are always here for you. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Ginny~ Thanks for starting the new thread. Good luck with work today. Have a good one.

Patricia~ I have missed hearing from you. How is Joshua doing? Oh, I could just hug him and rub that soft sweet head! LOL ;)

Well, I better go and try to get something done today. Have a good day ladies!!!!

losing4good
02-12-2002, 10:20 AM
Good Tuesday morning ladies....

Well, we registered for WW last night, so today is my first day at it....

I'll give you my "new" starting info.... and we'll get to watch it go down together!! :D

Patricia
173/173/105ish

losing4good
02-12-2002, 12:25 PM
I think some are confused as to which thread to post... so just moving this most recent one to the top again!! :dizzy:

sami
02-12-2002, 12:59 PM
Blessing today,
I am not feeling well today I woke up in the middle of the night sick so I can't go to the hosiptal today(to see my FIL). I am trying to get the doctors to tell up something but it is so hard to get anyone to tell you anything the nurses all thought he was this way when he came in and were shocked when I told them how drastic of a change he has made. They did an MRI on his feet and he has infection to the bone! So they are saying the infection my be the cause of the change. Please keep praying for him.

Pravda-YEAH 10 lbs!!!!!! You are doing Great! Keep it going. So glad you had a safe trip.

Zoe-I am praying that the other person in your office doesn't get sick (I remember when you were going to a wedding) Praying for a safe trip.

Monic-Welcome! I will have to go back and find your post did you use to post here before? Will keep you in my prayers and remember we are here for you!!! I have found that just leting it out is such a blessing and the friends here are truly sent for God!

Sherry-I have days like that all the time. and thanks for the prayers for my FIL the doctors not not telling us much. They have hinted to the fact they don't think he will be here much longer. If he does make it he will be in the hospital fo 12 weeks.

Patrica-You have made a great start! I know you will make it!

Ginny-How are things at work? I have had a war at my house between my two DD's. Pray that I don't lose my mind!

My the lord bless you and keep you!
Sami

Teaki
02-12-2002, 02:51 PM
Good day to one and all! I know some of you have finished with your mornings but I am at 10:30 a.m. and it is a beautiful day, sunny and cool, the snow topped mountains were so gorgeous on the way to work this morning... even if my lady is cranky and miserable ( 78yrs. with Dementia).

I am still really concerned (polite for worried sick)about my youngest son and wife, they are both so sick with the flu and cold I took them a "care pkg" yesterday... this is on top of his having a very infected tooth that needs a root canal, which trigger his sevier migraines... (but he's a matcho man and won't take medication for them) ... and some personal hurts and problems that put a big strain on their relationship.

They both work so hard at their jobs getting up at 3 a.m. as it takes a hour plus to drive to her work for 5 a.m. start and he then goes into his job that starts at 7 a.m., by the time they all done and back home it is 5-6 p.m ( some time he works over time and they don't get back until 10-11p.m.) This has been going on since mid Oct and she just found out that April 1st she is layed off.
He says' all things happen for a reason.

For those who remember praying for my son Erik who almost lost his leg in work accident in June 2000 and Christina who had a truck accident 10 days later... they packed up most of their stuff Nov/00 and moved back home from the other side of Canada... to live with us for 7 months before they moved into their own place, Gods peace reigned in our house, believe it or not... now they are facing all the problem listed above... all we can do is support and love them and trust God with them!

God has answered many ,many prayers for all our family...we all know he is our strength and support that never fails us, and he loves us unconditionally... but when you see your kids going through so much and they are good kids... you ask your self Why? God? do your children suffer so much???? when the rough and tuff and illegal goings on by others seem to have things going so smoothly???

Sorry for the long problems that sit so heavy on my heart. I feel so helpless, just keep praying and believing.

The good and wonderful thing that has happened in our lives is that we are First time Grandparents... our oldest son and wife had a beautiful baby girl in June/01 - she was a big bundle of 10 pounds, 22 inches and lots of dark hair... she is so alert and bright, sitting, starting to crawl and all the things babies do... what a blessing in our lives.

My DH and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary in Dec... WOW...:cool: :cool: :cool:

Thanks for listening.

Gutchie
02-12-2002, 03:53 PM
Nice to read of all your lives! God Bless each of you and a speedy recovery from sickness/and trials of everyday life.
God is our only "strength". I find it wonderful to know that with each trial, comes a closer relationship with our Lord. I feel so sorry for those who draw far away from God during difficult times. God will help, if only we ask!

Its another windy day in Southern Ontario, must be garbage day
;) We've have such high winds and much tree damage in our area, only saving is there is no snow happening at the same time. Its another pick up sticks weekend. For those Canadian's burning wood, tis a dream.

How's little Joshua? Hugs from me to he!

DH is on vacation this month, DS is celebrating his 16th. Birthday this coming Saturday. Where do those years go? Our little man isn't little any longer. Nearly 6' tall and wearing size 13 shoes already, a carbon copy of his dad. Am I the proud mom, yep.
The Grandkids are both well and will bless us with a visit on Thursday, Valentine's Day. Don't we women just love Valentine's Day and having our loves close by?
To you and yours Joanne sends Valentine's Love.

God Bless,
Sister Joanne

PeachyMom
02-12-2002, 04:42 PM
Good afternoon everyone:)

I pray that you have been blessed with a wonderful day.

Yes Sherry we were all in the crash. My father was also killed. My family had only been on the vacation for 2 days. Needless to say it was the worst thing that we have ever been through...But God is faithful and He has been with us. But sometimes this "widow" thing is like a rollercoaster ride.

Sami...yes I did post here for a while...I guess I got a bit busy and wasn't dieting...but I am really trying to get back on track.

Hey did you guys try the Mushroom Soup that was on here a few days ago? It is yummy...and the points are low.

I am not attending any Weight Watchers class...I have all of the books...I am just trying it on my own...I usually weigh-in at school on Mondays.

Thanks for caring....keep me in your prayers. Yesterday would have been our 18th. wedding anniversary...Also pray that I will "wait" on God's will in my life...Yikes! Who like to wait?

Monica

:?: :?:

Eeyore's Sun
02-12-2002, 06:51 PM
How great to hear from SO many today!!!! Welcome back!!!!!

Monica~ Wow, my heart just breaks for what you have been through. Your kiddos are lucky to have such a strong, strong, directed mom. I'm sure being mom and dad over the last few years has been very challenging. I know probably someday you would like to meet someone and get married again but don't rush too fast. I was the same way cause I missed my Rusty so much, but I dated a lot of toads until one day I had had it with men totally and decided I didn't need a man to be happy................about 2 weeks later I met Richard (my DH now). He had been almost down the same road and decided he didn't want women either. But it's funny now. One month and 3 days later we eloped and I've never been happier. And that was 16 years ago this Sunday. :smug: God blessed us BIG time!

Joanne~ So good to hear from you! I was MIA since last fall until recently. But I'm back and making major changes in my life. (wt, exercise, and diet wise). Those kiddos do grow up fast! My oldest will be 15 soon and it just seems like yesterday that she was a baby. :o

Teaki~ 30 years, wow! You don't see much of that anymore. A good mother always worries about her kiddos. What a schedule for your DH and DW! It tires me out just thinking about it. Aren't you the lucky one with the granddaughter. Oh, I just love babies!

Sami~ So sorry you are feeling bad now! Infection to the bone, that is bad. I know as a nurse that a bad infection can change the level of conscience of a person and effect their whole body. Hang in there, we're still praying! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Patricia~ How is Joshua? Good luck with your first week of WW. I'm sure you will do great! Just remember to WRITE WHAT YOU BITE!

Patti~Wilma~Ginny~Anyone else~ Hope you are all having a good day!!!

losing4good
02-12-2002, 09:33 PM
Okay... can't stay to write right now... but someone who brought us a meal included a tub of Girl Scouts Thin Mints! I don't have the box to try to figure out the points.... knowing what they "cost" would help me avoid them!!!

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Patricia

ECmom
02-12-2002, 10:56 PM
Good evening!
Just a quick hello~ and I will post more tomorrow.
Those of you facing trials, has anyone ever read Elisabeth Elliot's "Keep a Quiet Heart"?. She is such a treasure- and the easy to read/short chaptered book is full of wisdom from the Lord and her insights.
Remembering your concerns in prayer,
Ginny

Zoe
02-12-2002, 11:09 PM
Hello my friends :wave:

Wow, so much to do to get ready for vacation! I have 10 days worth of work to be crammed into 4 days. :rolleyes: I only work 4 days this week and will be off Friday and all next week.

Pravda ~ an 8:30 service? Wow, I love the early ones. I can't find many that have early services. Pantango Bible Church is at 9am and that's good. My old church, Cathedral of Praise on I-30 was 9am too. I'll have to come visit when I get back from vacation. Thanks for your travel prayers.

Patricia ~ I believe that the mint Girl Scout cookies are 1 pt each. That's really not too bad.......be strong, don't do like I do and eat the entire box. :eek:

Sherry ~ I'm here, I'm here. Didn't leave yet. We will be leaving Friday morning. I am SO looking forward to this trip. :)

Monica ~ Big prayers of mine are with you. You seem to have been so brave and courageous and that is so good for your kids. I can only hope that I should be as strong if ever I were to go through anything even remotely the same.

Sami ~ I really had to laugh at your comment about that other person in my office not getting sick. You remembered!! :D I'm with you cuz who knows what will happen over the next 2 days. When I mention vacation, he jokes around and says "vacation? What vacation?" while holding his back....not funny. :lol: , ok, a little funny.

Teaki ~ my prayers are with you and your family. I know first hand how all of a sudden, you feel like you have so many 'little things' worrying you. God bless you all.

Hi Ginny, Wilma, Joanne ~ hope I didn't miss anyone. I'll be back again before we leave Friday morning.

losing4good
02-13-2002, 09:09 AM
Zoe- thanks for the thin mint info.... I did finally find a site that gave the "nutritional info" for the cookies, and you are correct!

I did okay w/my points yesterday.... actually came in quite a bit below my allowed points, so I had a couple more thin mints! :dizzy:

I'm sure it'll take me a little bit to figure out the points for all my "regular" foods.... but so far, not having too many troubles. Dh stayed w/in his range too.

Ladies, if I may ask.... I've had a sinus headache for a few days now... I"d appreciate your prayers about it!

Have a wonderful Wednesday... I'll check in later to see how everyone is doing!

Patricia

sami
02-13-2002, 12:20 PM
Blessing today,
I just wanted to stop in and say hello! I have really been bad on my diet I am a stress eater and I am under a lot of stress!!!! I did WI and I am the same so I am thankful for that. I need to take my mind off my problems ond focus on my eating!

Patricia-I am praying for your headache! I have had one for two days and last night I took Imtrex I will never do that and work again! Good job on your staying on plan!

Zoe-How is your coworker feeling? LOL

Ginny-If I ever get time to read I will look for her book Thanks!

Sherry-Thank you for your prayers. The doctors have said (IF) since he isn't strong enough to opreate he will be in the hosiptal for at least 12 weeks! He seems to grow weaker everyday yesterday all he did was sleep.

Teaki-I am so glad to see you back. I remember when you son had all that going on and have thought about you and your family often. I know God wont give us more than we can handle but at the time it sure feels like he is giving us too much! Will keep you in my prayers.

Peachymom-I do remember you. didn't you have a bad asma attack? I think you are a great example to us. You have been through so much and you are still giving praise to God. I am so glad you are back.

Gutchie-BRRRRR here I am complaining over a little cold weather. I am glad your DH and Son will be home. What a blessing to have time with your family.

I also remember some others who posted here when I started that I think of often Debbiedeb and Jill. I still think of you often and if you are reading please come back.

The Lord bless you and Keep you,
Sami

wilma12
02-13-2002, 01:10 PM
Good Morning! Wow! I go away for one day and come back to all this activity. I love it!!

I had a great day off. I did some baking and book work. Then DH and I went to look at a yard that we might buy. It has a very old house on it and we don't know whether it would be worth it to fix it up. I know the Lord has something for us but I have a really hard time being patient. I need to be content in the house we're renting but I would like my own place again.

Sami: I'm sorry to hear you're stressed. Would going for a walk to relieve stress work for you? When I'm mad I walk even faster. :D

Patricia: I think I'm going to try the point system for a while too. I need to see if what I'm eating is too much for me and what changes I need to make.

Zoe: A vacation! What a nice break for you. I hope you have a great relaxing time.

Eeyore's Son: How is your DD doing? It's hard to have your kids sick. I think I'd rather be the one to be sick.

Teaki: You've been through a lot. I remember when the accident happened to your son. Sometimes we wonder why we have to struggle. I think it's important to look at the blessings too. What fun - a new grandchild. I'm still a ways from that!

Gutchie: I hope you're faring well in that high wind. It can do so much damage. Sound like you're doing great!

Monica: My thoughts and prayers are with you. It seems the holidays or special events are the worst to get through. God does give us strength to get through those times.

Have a great day!

Eeyore's Sun
02-14-2002, 07:34 AM
Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

I hope everyone is doing better. I am very rushed this morning, have such a busy busy day but just had to jump in a say hello. I did WI Tuesday night and I have lost THREE lbs!!!!!!!! Ya!!!!! I guess my hard work is paying off. My prayers are with you all but I must pop out now. So............

Have a GREAT Day!!!!!!!!:spin::p

Zoe
02-14-2002, 09:20 AM
Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!! May this day bring you joy, happiness and FUN!!

I'll be back tonight, once more before vacation...

wilma12
02-14-2002, 11:20 AM
Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you all are having a beautiful day. WTG Eeyore on your weight loss.

Gutchie
02-14-2002, 04:20 PM
Happy Valentine's Day

Hi girls, nice to see everyone busy posting.

The wind she still be blowing here in Southern Ontario, the temperature however is warmer than usual. I hope each of you has been "loved" today, on this the day celebrating Love. I thank our Lord each and every day for the "love" that surrounds me. I am indeed blessed.

We're off this evening taking DS to the rock concert of a group from the U.S. named, "Weezer". He was so excited and surprised that we'd managed to keep it a secret. This gift in celebration of Valentine's Day and his 16th. Birthday combined. The price of concert tickets being what they are, or even in an evening out, are unbelievable. Saturday will see us take, he and 3 friends to the movies. Appears that "Black Hawk Down" is the movie of choice this time around. Mom here, may just have to see " A Beautiful Mind", my preference.

Your all engrossed in the Winter Olympics I presume? I love the winter sports. The judging on the other hand, no this Canadian girl won't vent, only to say, I'd like to see a Christian state of heart, where a participant would hand back, to any judge, any medal they didn't rightfully deserve to win. Wouldn't that make our Lord smile?

May each of you enjoy this day and remember to say " I Love You"!

Sister Joanne

ECmom
02-14-2002, 04:24 PM
Hi!
A happy Valentines Day to each of you!!!!
It is quiet here..... Hope that each of you is doing ok.
I will be brief. I did weigh in this am and am now 156.5#. No, I did not get the 5 off that I wanted by now, but I think I am down from my starting point of 160 (since Christmas).
Gotta go- I hope to check in later on.
Have a great day!
Ginny

Zoe
02-14-2002, 09:34 PM
Hello all :wave: ~

Well, vacation has officially started. We went out for dinner for Valentine's Day and had Mexican food. NO, I wasn't good. I am so bad when it comes to vacations......I don't watch ANYTHING! I can see me bringing 13 pounds back with me from Florida. :( I could use some prayers my friends....I will be praying for myself in this, that God will be with me so that I can eat relaxed but not over do it.

Sami ~ so far, so good. :lol: He was alive and well when I left the office tonight.....let's just hope he stays that way. Of course, if he doesn't, I won't be there to see it. hahaha. Yippee!!! I got outta there, finally!!!! :)

To everyone else, I pray that you all have a great weekend and week ~ that you all stay on your programs and that I see BIG LOSERS when I get back. :) I should be home Saturday, 2/23. Talk to y'all then.......I'm going to miss you guys.

Love in Christ,
Zoe ~ Soaking up the "SON" in Texas and on my way to Florida

ECmom
02-15-2002, 12:34 AM
Good evening!
Thought I would check in just one more time and say hello.
Zoe (even though you will probably not see this) I wish you a relaxing vacation- great weather and that your eating is "containable".
Joanne~ as I sit here the olympics are on, and I am watching the men's long programs. Me too on the winter olympics! I really enjoy watching them, much more than the summer olympics.
(Probably most of the stuff in the winter olympics I would love to be able to do, but am basically too chicken to do - so I live vicariously).
Sherry! Congrats on losing the 3#!!!! You are getting closer to your first goal- a great accomplishment. Keep up the good work!
Wilma- is the house far from where you live now? How old is the house? Would you still be able to stay where you are now while you fix up the other place? (that is something Dh and I have always wanted to do, fix up an old house.....maybe someday).
I hope that you feel a peace about this decision as you seek the Lords will.
Sami- I agree with Wilma on the walk idea. Even a few minutes of a stress walk can help! I'll continue to keep you in prayer.
Patricia- how are you feeling! Good job on staying in your points range! Ya had to mention those silly thin mints, eh? I did that last nite with fig newtons- and found out that 2 of them were only 2 points!!!:D One treat that is REALLY good is taking a chocolate graham (as it comes out of the package in a rectangular shape) and breaking it in half. On one half, spread 2 tbls of fat free cool whip (Walmart brand works great here). Wrap in plastic and freeze for about an hour. Only 1 point and it tastes like an ice cream sandwich!!!!!!!! (but beware, the kids love these too:( ).

I had a busy day, lots of driving the kids around. A good eating day and I did get a walk in.:) .
Well, it is late and I guess I need some sleep.
May each of you rest in our Lord's perfect love.
Ginny

Eeyore's Sun
02-15-2002, 07:51 AM
How is everyone this wonderful Friday morning?:wave:

I stayed so busy yesterday that I never got back. Hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day!

We just got a new double wide home back in August and we have only a few baby trees, so my DH and I talked about it and decided each year instead of buying live cut flowers that die soon we would buy a tree, plant, etc for our yard since I love gardening. Well WOW did my DH surprise me. He bought about a 12 ft Red Maple, 2 Fast growing pine trees and 2 plants called Dagger plant which are in the Yucca family I believe. Anyway, I know this idea to some of you would be yuck but I would rather him spend the money on something that I can make last and not die in a few days or weeks, or candy that I don't need, etc. Does that make sense? Well, he surprised me even more. He gave me one long stem rose last night which was absolutely gorgeous!!! It was basically a orangey color but the tips of the petals were almost a burgundy color so it faded from orange to a dk pink to burgundy. What a surprise!!!! :smug: I love my DH! :)

Well, another busy day, I've been OP and walking a mile on the treadmil every morning before going to work so it is helping me lots. It's amazing how energized I feel following my walk. :D

Have a good day!!! Talk with you soon!!! Have a good weekend!!! PATTI If you check in before leaving have a GREAT vacation in Florida!!!!!

losing4good
02-15-2002, 09:38 AM
Good Friday all!

Well, I know it's best to only weigh once a week... but there are so many brownies and cookies, and other chocolate stuff around here just now... I thought I'd weigh this morning, so I could have a reason why NOT to over indulge!

So far, so good... 3 lbs in 3 days. I really don't know how much is the Winning Points program, and how much is still "baby" stuff... but I'll take it either way!

Now that we're figuring out these points, we need to start planning them some... I've been under my minimum... and filling up w/junky stuff late at night to get that minimum! Really don't want to make that a habit :o !

Ginny- that "sandwich" sounds yummy!!!!!

It's so great to see this thread active.... very encouraging!!!!

Have a great Friday. Joshua has his 2week checkup today!! Hopefully he's gained some of what I've lost!!

Patricia ;)

wilma12
02-15-2002, 11:19 AM
Good Morning All! It's Friday and I know I shouldn't be wishing my life away but I do love Fridays. I can stay up a little later and know I won't be bushed the next day at work. Tomorrow morning DH and DS are going to a mens prayer breakfast at church so I have the morning to myself. I plan to sleep in a bit and then have a leisurely breakfast while watching my decorating shows. Then it's time to get some work done. I love Saturdays!!

Gutchie: I hope you haven't blown away yet! Are you close to a body of water? That sometimes makes it much windier.

Ginny: You're doing great! Sure are putting me to shame! The house we might look at is only 3 miles from where we are now and is quite old - 50 years old I think. We won't know until we see the inside whether it's possible to fix it up. We don't think it's what we want but it's also hard for me to be patient about owning our own place. The Lord does know best, however, and when we find the right place we'll know. The nice thing is that we can rent this house for at least 2 more years and the price is right.

Zoe: It you're checking in once more before you go HAVE A GREAT TIME.

Eeyore's Son: What a good idea! Live trees and plants. My kids did that for mother's day one year. They bought me a rose bush. You can enjoy it so much longer that way. My DH was on the road the past 2 days so we didn't celebrate Valentines Day. We'll probably go out for supper sometime soon. We're actually going away the first weekend in March for the weekend. His boss is taking us with him on a business trip all expenses paid. This includes a stay at a really nice hotel and dinner theatre in the eveing. I'm really looking forward to that.

Patricia: It sounds like you're headed in the right direction. It's sometimes hard to lose after a baby but you've got it right. Plus, healthy eating is a bonus for the baby too. How did Joshua do at his checkup? Is he sleeping well for you? It's been so long since I've held a newborn that I would love to come rock him for you!

Have a great day!

PeachyMom
02-15-2002, 03:20 PM
Hello And Happy Friday.

We had a teachers work day at school....It was soooo quiet...LOL
I did get alot of stuff done that is hard to do when the kids are there.

We are having a lock-in at church tonight for grades 1-5
Guess who is helping out? Yep you got it ME:dizzy: Woo Hoo
I'm sure we will have fun... I am taking a WW pizza and salad for the other adults.

Praying that you all are having a super FRIDAY:D

Ephesians 3: 13-21

:cool:
Monica

wilma12
02-15-2002, 03:57 PM
Just heard the great news from the Olympics that they awarded our figure skating couple the gold. Yeeaaahh!

Teaki
02-16-2002, 03:38 AM
Didn't get a chance to say Happy Valentines day to everyone, Yesterday!!! So will say it today instead... and add that I pray that God bless you and your family.

Wow! I sure did get behind on the posts . It has made me feel very encouraged and lighter in my heart by coming back here.
THANK YOU!

I am at work for the next 48 hours, and my lady has gone to sleep for the night... hope and pray she stays that way. I tend to get a bit grumpy at 3 or 4 in the a.m. (so she has told me), while she laughs and acts sillyas I settle her back down.

Had my weigh in on Wens night and was up .75 of a pound in 2 weeks. So have been trying to re focus on healthier food choices, but one thing that I have noticed is that my portion sizes are staying smaller, guess my tummy is getting smaller inside... it just has to get smaller on the outside now!! LOL It's almost midnight and I should get to bed because I never know when my lady will wake up or where her mind will be. There is a motion detector on her bedroom doorway so if she starts moving around, I know, the beeper is right beside my bed ( it makes a terrible noise).

Will have to catch up on everyones posts tomorrow, but will say a prayer for you tonight.

Eeyore's Sun
02-16-2002, 01:18 PM
How is everyone this wonderful morning??? :wave:

I am so excited this morning!!!!!!! I was a little discouraged earlier in the week cause that stupid metal god said I had gained 2#s and I knew I had been OP and exercising, etc.. so I drug out the measuring tape and my previous measurements from about a month ago. WOW!!!:eek: I have LOST THREE inches in my hips, TWO and a HALF inches in my waist and ONE inch in my chest!!!!! I thought I was wrong so I measured again. Nope, CORRECT!!! I was SO jazzed!!!! Then I got on that stupid metal god this morning and it shows that I have lost FOUR lbs!!!! I hope and pray that is correct. But I'm doing a "happy dance" here. I think we need a smilie that dances. :lol:

Teaki~ Don't be too upset about your slight gain. Just try to eat more free veggies and maybe fruits. We have started eating a kinda large free salad FIRST in the evenings before supper and then by the time we eat the main courses (meats, other veggies, starches, etc) we are full. So we eat much, much less. And I can tell you from my experience. The exercising is energizing me SO much!!!! I used to take about a 45 to 60 minute nap every afternoon and haven't had to take one in over a week now. It is moving me right along. So glad you are back.

Monica~ How did the lockin go? Wow, I used to do that but not sure I could anymore, now that I'm 40. LOL It's amazing how much noise those little sweet darlings can make. ;)

Wilma~ How did your leisurely morning go? I love those and I also adore watching the decorating or crafts show!!! Addictive it is! I don't get much time anymore though. I wish I was going away for the weekend!!! I love doing that with just my DH. Tomorrow is our 16th anniversary. We did do that last year and just went an hour away to enjoy some"us" time. It was great, so I hope yours will be too.

Patricia~ How did Joshua's checkup come out? Three lbs is great! But be careful don't let that stupid metal god become addictive! I hate them but weigh too much just the same. :)

EcMOM~ Good for walking!! I've found it works well for me!!!

Well, I better go. Got a few more patients to see. Have a GREAT day and weekend!!!!

PeachyMom
02-16-2002, 07:15 PM
:yawn: Thanks for asking....Yes I think that I did survive the lock in....Most all of the kids had a blast...only 2 had to go home because they were missing Mom! The rest of us got to sleep around 3am. I came home took am hour nap then it was time to take my son to baseball pratice. Did a few house chores.
Now we are going to my best friends house for dinner. Today is her husband's 40th. b-day. We are having grilled salmon, salad and potato...Think I will be able to stay on my plan. Guess that means NO B-day cake for me:mad: Oh well that is life.

I didn't get in any walking to day:( I guess I will just have to walk extra tomorrow.

I pray that each of you are having a wonderful Saturday.

Pslam 91:11

:angel: Bye
Monica

ECmom
02-16-2002, 11:44 PM
Good evening!!!!!!!!
This thread has been so busy~ which is great!!!!!!
But at 3 pages, I find it hard to keep track, so I will start CE'ers #135.
I hope to see you there!!!
Ginny