Weight Loss Support - My IPOD Diet...

View Full Version : My IPOD Diet...

TakingBkTheTrumpCard
02-09-2008, 03:25 AM
Yes believe it or not they taste great with ranch!! J/K

I wanted to share this in case their are others that are starting a "health journey" and are afraid of exercise.

I'm not ashamed to admit it..when I started this journey I was petrified of exercising!! This was my solution. I loaded 12 songs on my IPOD and set it to shuffle. Each day my goal is to walk (treadmill/outside) for 12 songs. (averages 35-45 min) Each time I lose weight, I download a new song for my collection. This gives me variety over time and I think of each song as an accomplishment when I hear it. When I reach my goal weight I will add songs for each week I remain at my goal weight. This allows me to walk ANYWHERE, ANYTIME with no excuses...Everytime I hear one of my songs on the radio...I think "thats one of MY songs" And thankfully that list is growing. Cheers!

JayEll
02-09-2008, 06:38 AM
TakingBk, :wel3fc:

I really like your idea! That is a very clever way to keep yourself on track and build up your rewards.

Keep going! :cheer2: You can do it! :broc:

Jay

ellis
02-09-2008, 08:21 AM
That's the cutest idea... I love it! :cp:
And thank you for reminding me to clean mine up. :lol: I've got too much junk on it, and when I'm running, I'm constantly "searching" for that perfect motivational song. :dizzy:

srmb60
02-09-2008, 08:42 AM
I find my MP3 player one of the best motivators! I'm sure I'd walk about 3 minutes, get bored and go home without it.

purpleorc
02-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Excellent reward scheme for yourself as you lose the pounds or as you maintain at your goal weight.

lostchick
02-09-2008, 10:40 AM
I too cannot excercise with out it. Funny I was using my daughters and then my sons and each have extrememly differnt tastes. I was spending more time searching. Now with mine i have a combo and it really does challenge me to go one more song or till this ones over, or I just get lost and forgot I was supposed to stop at x miles or x time (I'm doing a 5k training thing)

My problem with it really is that I sing to it. - not always a good thing LOL especially in public. Boy do I jam at home :rofl:

srmb60
02-09-2008, 10:45 AM
My kids say ... oh please Mom! do you realise you're singing out loud???

PhotoChick
02-09-2008, 12:29 PM
I love my iPod. I've created 3 or 4 exercise playlists that I rotate between when I'm at the gym.

I've found that good Trance/House music has a great beat (130-150 bpm) and rarely any words so I don't get distracted to sing along. Really keeps me going!

ChunkyDunker
02-09-2008, 08:39 PM
What a wonderful idea! Music is the key to my workouts. I get so much more out of myself when I have my tunes to motivate me :)

Serena C
02-09-2008, 08:50 PM
That's exactly what I've been doing - buying a song for each pound I lose. I've got a workout playlist that expands every time I think of another song with a good beat. I don't think I'd be motivated to exercise regularly without the music. Once spring comes and I can walk outside, it's different, but when I'm stuck in the house on the elliptical, I need my tunes!

jellydisney
02-10-2008, 04:06 PM
I find my MP3 player one of the best motivators! I'm sure I'd walk about 3 minutes, get bored and go home without it.

Ditto! I can't believe I managed to make it to the gym for years without one. I finally joined the modern world and got an MP3 player a few months ago--it's awesome!

TakingBkTheTrumpCard
02-10-2008, 04:34 PM
Serena....It must be a Michigan thing..that's where I am too.

Serena C
02-11-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm in the U.P., and we just had a whale of a blizzard - did you get it where you are, TakingBk? So yeah, it'll still be quite a while before spring shows its face! Until then, I'll be jamming.

You've given me a good idea; I'm going to post some of my favorite workout songs on my blog one of these days. They will show my age, no doubt, but that's okay :)

TakingBkTheTrumpCard
02-11-2008, 11:14 PM
My favorite is....Tom Petty...I Wont Back Down!!!

"you can stand me up at the gates of **** but I'll stand my ground,and I wont back down"....................."there aint no easy way out"........."well I know whats right, I 've got just one life"