Support Groups - ~ The Thin Group #75 ~

View Full Version : ~ The Thin Group #75 ~

CJ
02-11-2002, 10:50 AM
Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Love, CJ

CJ
02-11-2002, 10:56 AM
Since I started this thread right after Jo's last post I thought I would transfer her post and my answer to her on the new thread so here goes:

QUOTE]Originally posted by Jello
OK, last week, I was little miss weight watcher. I counted my points and stayed within my range. I wrote down every little bite I took. I drank rivers of water. I got on my treadmill and walked and exercised. I ate plenty of veggies and had healthy stuff like skim milk and whole grains. And then I went off to weigh-in on Saturday morning like a good little girl.

And had GAINED 2 lbs.!!! :cry: :cry: I was so upset that I left the meeting, got in my car and cried all the way home. I did spend a couple minutes with my leader and we tried to figure out what I was doing wrong but I'm just so frustrated. I told Rich I was quitting WW. I mean, I can GAIN weight without paying $12 a week and going to WW meetings. I'm just so lost. I don't know what to do.

I'm seriously wondering if I can be happy at the weight I'm at now since I don't think I can lose any. I just don't know what to do. Even if I follow the program, I don't lose weight. My leader made a few suggestions about changing my menu (adding a little more variety) and changing my exercise routine (alternating treadmill walking with aerobics, etc.) but I'm really at a loss here. I just don't think it'll do any good.

I'm scared now. :cry: I worried over this all weekend long and even today I'm torn between wanting to eat everything in sight and never wanting to eat again.

Sorry for venting at you guys but I know that you'll understand and forgive me for my whining.

Love you guys.
Jo. [/QUOTE]

Originally posted by CJ
Jo: I just want to say DON'T GIVE UP THE SHIP!!!!! You have come to far to just throw it away - don't give up. You are just going thru a bad period right now ... and I know how you feel. You have done so well so far. Look at me ... one year and I lost 14 1/2 lbs but in the last couple weeks I too have put on 2 lbs and I don't see how either ... and yes, I could quit WW and not go to meetings but I know that I would eventually gain all the wt back and even tho it is not much it is more than it was when I started! And listen to you - you have already decided that nothing will work even before you try it! For Shame my dear Jo! Maybe you are trying to hard right now. You are worrying excessively ... maybe you should relax a little, but still follow the program of course. Maybe your body needs to stay at this weight for a little while before it starts losing again. You have lost 37 lbs girl - so don't give up! YOU CAN DO THIS! They say that stress can keep you from losing wt so maybe you are stressing out so much trying to lose that you are defeating your purpose! Just a guess. I say to just try and relax, keep couting points, do your exercise, go to meetings, and don't worry if you do not lose for a while. Jo, it will come off. I'm telling this to you but I think I am also giving myself a "pep talk"! Don't give up Jo. YOU CAN DO THIS!

OK, that is all I'm going to say now. We love you - you'll do just fine. I know that when you calm down and think about it you won't be able to quit. You will be ok.

Love, CJ

sweet tooth
02-11-2002, 01:54 PM
Ok, this is my turn to whine. Just got back from WI and was up 1 pound, again. I don't know what to do at this point because I have stayed OP all week, even exercised and am up again.

I'll try one more week to see if the body is just adjusting to medication. If I gain again this week, then the medication is out the window. I'm not doing this every week.

Jo - we really are in a big funk...together. I was just reading an article this morning about the effects that stress has on weight gain in women - and it is not just the emotional eating, either. Don't give up. You have come a long way already and you will succeed. Keep OP this week. We can do it. I'm sure the weight will start to come off again one of these days. Hang in there.

Hope everyone is doing well. Gotta run...boss is bellering from the other room.

CJ
02-11-2002, 02:14 PM
Well, Peggy, add me in the group. I know how you feel since I was up 2 lbs at WI also! waah waah waah ....... and I know it was not because of my eating too .... so let's all just hope that we do better this week!

Love, CJ

sweet tooth
02-11-2002, 04:44 PM
CJ - We are really a bunch this week. Hope noone else catches whatever we have.

Chrissy, Sharon, Sherry, Sandi, Carolyn, Trish, Judy - Don't breathe what Jo, CJ and I are breathing this week. It puts on the pounds. LOL

This whole thing wreaks havoc on meeting the Valentine's Day goal. I was down to 1 more pound to go 2 weeks ago, but am now at 3.25 pounds left to lose. Not much chance there, but it would be nice to be a little closer by Thursday.

Take care, everyone. Happy losing...

aivlys
02-11-2002, 05:17 PM
Hello Ladies! :wave:

I'm back from Mexico and I had a fabulous time. Had tequila for breakfast the last day I was there :T That was interesting. I basically ate whatever I wanted but walked a lot so that balances out ... right?

Well, I'm officially out of a job. Yup, I was laid off when I returned from vacation ... I made them tell me before I left. These people didn't want to tell me that I was going to lose my job when I returned! :mad: Luckily I was very persistent and was told ... I managed to clean out my desk and take all of my stuff home and clean out my files and e-mails. It's a good thing I did, when I returned, they had deleted my mailbox account and couldn't retrieve any of my information. Oh well, at least I came back in time to deposit the checks they gave me before they bounced! My husband is expecting me to turn into June Cleaver .... I don't think I can handle that. One of my ex coworkers and I are going to meet up a couple of times a week and take a 6 mile walk around a lake here in San Francisco. That should keep me out of trouble!

As far as the weight loss department goes .... I'm going to play that by ear. It was so much easier when I was at work ... now, I just want to eat, eat and eat somemore. Maybe it's because I feel bored. I don't want my weight to get out of control. I do plan on becoming somekind of gym rat ... once the blisters on my ankles ( walking around in new shoes) go away. Those suckers hurt!!!

In other news, my sister is getting remarried July 27th and I am the Matron of honor. Another reason for me to become a gym rat :lol: I have to find a purple dress between now and then ... I don't want to look lilke a walking grape!! You know ... purple and round! :)

Jo- Hang in there! Just think of all the weight you have lost! We all have those moments ... don't give up on yourself!

Sherry- Sounds like you had a wonderful time in New Orleans .... I'm sorry to hear about your ulcers, I hope everything turns out for the better! {{{{{SHERRY}}}}

Sharon & Chrissy- So sorry to hear that Papa isn't feeling well. I'll keep all of you in my prayers. {{{{SHARON}}}} {{{{CHRISSY}}}}

For anyone else I missed ... a big :wave: hello and hugs!

I'm off to try to get all of my doctor appointments scheduled ... you know how that can be! :eek:

Ciao!

Sylvia

Sherry
02-11-2002, 06:42 PM
Gail,
I don't know if you come in & read posts sometimes, but wanted you to know that we miss you here & hope that you'll come back soon.Also, wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you today.This is for you...........

Happy Birthday To You.........
Happy Birthday To You..............
Happy Birthday Dear GAIL,
Happy Birthday To YOU!!!!

Hope that you're having a great Birthday!!;)

Love,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

Sherry
02-11-2002, 07:00 PM
I'm sooooooooo mad at myself!!!!!!:mad: I ate a WHOLE box of Girl Scout Tagalongs Cookies today!!!!!!!! Now I feel like I could throw up!!:devil:

The ONLY good thing that has came out of this is.......I'm so sick of cookies, I'll probably NEVER eat another one!!!

Ok.....Once AGAIN.....starting tomorrow, it's a new day! Got those darn things out of my system so I'm ready to go back OP!!!!!

I'm bending over for my "Butt Kick" from ya'll........

Sherry (Sher-Bear):cool:

Blunder
02-11-2002, 07:10 PM
New Years EXERCISE PROGRAM

Exercise program: For Those Of Us Getting On in Years (And Weight). I thought I would let you, my friends, in on a little secret I've found for building my arm and shoulder muscles. You might wish to adopt this regimen - 3 days a week works well.

I start by standing outside behind the house and, with a 5 pound potato sack in each hand, extend my arms straight out to my sides and hold them there as long as I can. After a few weeks I moved up to 10 pound potato sacks, then 50 pound potato sacks and finally I got to where I could lift a100 pound potato sack in each hand and hold my arms straight out for more than a full minute!

Next, I started putting a few potatoes in the sacks, but I would caution you not to overdo it at this level.

Hugs, Judy

CJ
02-11-2002, 08:36 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha! Cute one Judy!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAIL - think of you often!

Sherry: Oh my, my tummy aches for you! As long as you enjoyed those cookies ... and now that they are gone, get on with the program! :nono:

Love, CJ

SandiH
02-12-2002, 11:24 AM
Just found out yesterday that our granddaughter is taking our dog Shadow to show and tell at her school today. She can do a few tricks for Paige so I am sure the class will get a kick out of that. I brushed Shadow good and she is all packed and ready to go. LOL
What a deal I have here. My sister who is staying with me while hubby is gone is on W W so she does ALL the meals here. How much easier it is to just sit down and have the food ready for you and all the right stuff too. I have shed the 6 pounds that I gained over the holidays. Hurray!!!!!

Jo.....NO!!!!! Don't give up now. You just have to put your mind to it and try not to cheat on the weekends at the VFW etc. YOU will and you can lose more weight. I lnow it isn't easy when you know you have done your very best and haven't lost. But maybe it will show up next weigh in. If you think you have enough will power to do it on your own (I didn't, I needed that support and having to report to someome every week) then you could just try it on your own.

Sweet Tooth.....As long as I have my sister here I think I wil be in fine shape.She is a real point counter etc. She has lost over 20 pounds in a month but still has about 80 to go.

Judy....That was such a funny joke with the potato sacks. Love the ones you send me too. How is the house coming along?

Sherry...O.K. you asked for it heres a big KICK for you. Hope that tummy fels better.

C.J....I will send my new stats to you now or you can just put me back where I was before my 6 pound gain.

Sylvia....I am glad you were able to enjoy your vacation in Mexico. I think I asked before where you went exactly. Sorry that you are laid off. You will find another job soon I am sure.

Off I go to get on the treadmill before I have to take Shadow to school. Love to all Sandi

Sherry
02-12-2002, 06:42 PM
This is beautiful.......just wanted to share it with ya'll..........

Love,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

sweet tooth
02-12-2002, 08:17 PM
Sherry, I love the valentine. Where do you find these things?

Blunder
02-13-2002, 09:57 AM
GOOD MORNING!

Just a quickie this morning! Have to let you know what the scale says on this beautiful sunshiney day. 249!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it? The scale must be wrong, could'nt possibly be below 250 already! WHOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe all the exercise with the potato sacks did the trick! hahahahahahahahahah

Hugs, Judy

sweet tooth
02-13-2002, 01:41 PM
Well, I'm writing in to whine today. I have been in such a depressed state this week that I can't bring myself to eat anything. Since Sunday, I think I have had one SlimFast meal on the go bar, 1 1/2 cookies and a cup of coffee. Of course I have been drinking water all day, but not eating anything. The more I don't eat anything, the more I don't care to eat anything.

I get these depressing times where I just want to cry all the time. No reason for them, just a blue period. The depression is not lifting today, so I'm feeling exactly the same today.

The bonus is that I went to the nurse's office this morning and have lost just about 5 pounds since Monday. Yep, I'm down to 131 pounds, which is 1.5 pounds below my Valentine's Day goal. On Monday, there was no hope of meeting the goal, but today I have actually surpassed it. Go figure.

On the up note, I registered for a personal fitness trainer today. I really have trouble with the exercise thang, so thought this might make a difference. I was looking at myself in the mirror last night and it was not a pretty sight. My neck is sagging, the skin under my arms waves in the breeze, and the cheeks on my behind are so wrinkled, they look like they could double for an elephant - that's before even considering the abs. I go for a fitness test the week after next, and then get started on a program. Hopefully by bikini season I will be fit enough to be wearing one.

Anyway, that's all for the dumping this morning. Hope everyone has a great day. Take care.

Sassy
02-13-2002, 10:50 PM
Hi everyone,
How are all you Thinsters doing so far this week. I did pretty good Monday at my WW weigh in and lost another 1.2 lbs so I have lost over 42 lbs so far. I have been working on losing, but I am also so stressed about my Dad too.

I am going back to Michigan tomorrow. I will pack when I get this posted. It is my Dad's 85th birthday tomorrow, Valentines Day, Feb 14th. I just have to be there to help him celebrate it. For some reason Chrissy said he is really looking forward to it and I guess Chrissy has gotten him a cake and balloons and all of his family is going to be there with him. Chrissy says he talks of giving up and just wanting to die. So I want to go to be with him. I got some time off from H & R Block and will leave with my brother Jerry tomorrow morning. My brother from Florida will be flying in too. As well as my oldest daughter, Kelly, who lives in Indy will be going as well. She is student teaching and has a long weekend and has Monday off from school so I am looking forward to spending the weekend with her too. With all of us there we are sure to cheer Papa up.

He is still in the hospital, but wants according to Chrissy to go back to his nursing/rehab Senior Center at St. Johns. So maybe he can get back there soon. He feels confortable there and of course with my nieces Emily and Ellen working here and Chrissy's Mom/their Grandmother being there too it is just better and he gets visits from everyone all the time and enjoys that so much.

Chrissy said that he had another scope to find out why he still can't eat and is on the feed tube and I guess he has a couple of ulcers, one of them is bleeding and his esopagus is all inflamed too. So he is still not doing good and I sure hope they can at least let him eat soon. I also hope that my visit will cheer him up, as Chrissy say's he is really depressed and who could blaime him either? I try to call Dad every day and while he says he is doing good, I know he is just saying that so I don't worry about him, he has always been that way, trying to tell me things are alright when they are not. So I feel like by going I can see for myself and also to spend some quality time with him as well. He is such a good man and has always been there for us, being such a good Dad to us. Always providing for us and supporting us in whatever we want to do. I love him so much and when I see him I will give him the biggest hug and we will have some good talks about how much he means to me and so many people, who love him so much.

Sylvia-Your vacation in Mexica sounds like it was beautiful. I am so sorry you got laid off, but now you can be one of those gym rats like you wanted to be in the meantime. I know you will find something when the time is right.

Sandi-That would be so nice if you could send me that picture you took of you with Jerry and Papa and when you visited Chrissy. I would really love if you could send it. Thanks in advance. So how are you doing while Spence is gone on his trip? Keeping youself busy I'll bet. He will be home soon safe and sound. Good for you losing those 6 holiday pounds. HIP HIP HOORAY!

Sherry-Hey thanks so much for the cliparts. I was sooo surprised when you send them to me. I sent you an email back, hope you got it. I also tried to call you a couple of times, but you weren't home. Once I talked to your son Zach. Boy is he ever polite on the phone and he kept calling me Ma'm. I could sure hear his southern upbringing there. It sounds like you and your husband did a great job raising your kids. I will connect one of these days, maybe when I get back from Michigan. Wjhat is so bad about being SICK of Girl Scout cookies? I'll bet you won't eat a box again for another year. LOL Hey nothing wrong with that, I too have been known to eat a whole bag of Oreo's in one sitting and than feeling sicker than a dog afterwards. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Gail-Happy Belated birthday. I send you an email and a e-card as well. We all miss you so much and I am glad to hear from your emails that you are plugging along and that things are going good for you. Come back when you are ready, we are here for you.

Trish-I know you have been enjoying the Winter Olympics haven't you? I have watched them when I can. How wonderful that they are in the good old U.S.A this time. It makes them even more special I think. I'm sure you will do better weight loss wise with Lent. Just cutting out all that sugar is bound to help. Good Luck!

Peggy-Man that sure was a good deal to find that $140 dress marked down to $10. Man I would have knocked over people to get to that dress. Good for you losing those 5 lbs and kudos to you for signing up for that personel trainer, it will surely help you.

Judy-Good for you with the weight loss, way to go. Keep it up and you will be right where you want to be. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CJ-Hey CJ, glad you are not giving up the fight. You keep on going and next week will be a different story I'll bet. I am not promising anything, depending on my Dad, but maybe we can even manage a lunch again if I can. I will call you at least and we can take it from there and see what happens. Miss you so much.

Chrissy-I can't wait to see you again tomorrow. I know Em and El are exciting about me coming cause when they called me tonight, they were both so excited. I miss you guys but as much as I love seeing you, I don't like these circumstances at all. But hang in there and I will be there to help make some of decisions.

Jello-Oh sweetie, you don't give up the fight. I know you will fight this and keep on hanging in there. You have come sooo far Jo. Look at how much you have lost. I hope this pep talk from me and everyone else helps you because I don[t want you to resign yourself to quit. JUST KEEP ON PLUGGING ALONG just remember if you keep it up the scale will surely show it next week.

Well guys gotta run and pack and I will try to keep you posted or else Chrissy or CJ can if I can't. I will drive safely and will miss you dearly my friends.

Love you, Sharon

Blunder
02-14-2002, 09:43 AM
GOOD MORNING!

Sharon, take care, have a safe trip, and give Chrissy and family our love.

Gail, so sorry I missed your birthday! Hope you had a good one!

Jo, I noticed you are online right now. Probably posting, I'll have to come back in a little while to see how your day is going.

Peggy, with a personal trainer you will surely be in your bikini this summer! Work hard, you can do it!

CJ, take some time out from all the web site work and your tub time to post.

To everyone else have a good day.

Hugs, Judy

Jello
02-14-2002, 09:49 AM
OK, I'm back. I'm feeling a little better about life. Thank you to all of you who sent support. Thank you especially for the email from that one of you. You know who you are! :) I've stopped whining and started breathing. I guess I knew deep down inside that I couldn't really quit WW. I'm just not smart enough to know when to give up ... thank goodness! ;)

One thing that's helped is that it's Lent. I've given up sweets and desserts for Lent. I've regrouped and gotten back on track on WW. Oh, and I'm keeping my little fingers crossed and my butt ready to be kicked!

Sharon and Chrissy, I've been thinking of you guys and your family. Your dad's in my prayers every night. Please keep us all posted. Love you guys.

CJ, thank you for the pep talk. It really did help. I know how you feel when you say it's been a year and you've lost "only" 14-1/2 lbs. It's been a year and a half for me and for the past 6-7 months I've been wavering around 35 lbs. lost. I need to break this plateau and really get moving!! :mad:

Peggy, come on my friend. You and me, what do you say? If I can get back to it, so can you. I NEED you!!! :^: I'm sorry you're feeling so blue. I get into weepy, funks like that too every now and then. It feels terrible. :(

Sylvia, sounds like you had a wonderful time in Mexico!!! I remember loving the walks along the beach at sunrise or sunset. Ah, warm weather!! As I recall, you can sweat off a lot of weight there! I'm sorry you came home to no job though. Good luck in your "gym rat" endeavours!! :lol:

Sherry, I have some Girl Scout cookies for you! Where shall I send them? :lol: Just kidding! Don't hurt me!! Mine are tucked in the freezer and Rich gets into them every now and then but I refuse!!! Lent, you know. I'm sticking to it!

Judy, I was picturing someone trying to stand with 100 lbs. of potatoes in their outstretched arms, thinking it was impossible to do that exercise! Then I read the rest of your post. :lol: Pretty funny!

Sandi, if I thought I could do it (weight loss) on my own, I might really quit WW. But I can't. So I'm sticking with the program. Gotta do it!

I have to go now. Have to write down my yogurt and banana in my WW journal and then down this bottle of water. Oooh, what an exciting morning I'm off to, eh? I've found and dusted off my Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies video tapes but haven't actually started using them yet. Hm, maybe tonight, I'll start bouncing around and shaking the walls at home. Rich is home today and tomorrow, sawing and drilling and doing whatever it is men do with power tools so it's not like I'll shake any more sawdust onto the floor than is already there. :rolleyes:

Hope you all have a good one. Thanks again for all the support. But (I have to say it) I WANT SOME OF THOSE NEAT GRAPHICS FOR THE ENDS OF MY POSTS TOO!!!!! :cry: Pretty please?

Much love, Jo.

sweet tooth
02-15-2002, 02:33 PM
Well, I finally got up this morning. Yes, today is a holiday for me...they call it Reading Break. Don't think I'll be doing any reading today. LOL Monday is another holiday - Family Day. Hmmmm...I don't think the family will be home to visit, either.

Guess what - yes, we are working on the renos over the four day weekend. So far, I have stripped the varnish off the bathroom window and stained the cupboards that were already stripped. This plans for the weekend are to stain and varnish the window, varnish the cupboards that were just stained, seal the grout on the tub, lay the ceramic floor in the bathroom, add a new electrical outlet in the bathroom, finish the electrical outlet for the 'bedroom fridge,' and finally finish my closet so that I don't have clothes hanging all over the furniture. That's just my work. Hubby has his own set of duties. LOL

Jello
02-15-2002, 02:59 PM
Just a quick post. I weighed in this morning because I won't be able to tomorrow. We're going back out to a "warehouse" type store for our kitchen cabinets. Well, some of them anyway. Can't fit them all in either car. Peggy, you're making me tired just reading!!! We're "almost" keeping up with you. The kitchen is gutted, the fridge is in the dining room and the stove is in the living room!! :o Pretty wild, actually.

Anyway, what I started to tell you all....
I LOST 3.2 LBS!!!!! :) :) I'm now down 38.8 and need to lose 1.2 next week for my 40-lb. star. Wasn't I the one moaning and weeping about my weight just last week??? OK, OK. I'm too much of a worrier, I know. The only problem is that I don't know what I did different this week than last week. But I'll just keep plugging along ... it's what ya gotta do.

Have to go. Boss is in one of his moods AGAIN. :mad: Only 3 more hours to the weekend!!

Now I'm gonna try this:

sweet tooth
02-15-2002, 05:34 PM
Jo - Way to go. Woohoo. I knew you could do it. Yes!!!

I didn't finish my last post because hubby was calling for some help to lift the oven into place. It was in the middle of the family room floor. LOL.

Hubby promised that he would treat me when I had lost weight. I asked for a trip to Thailand, but he decided to stay home and do some renos. Now this was a treat to lose weight for.

Anyway, it suddenly dawned on him this week that he had promised something special, I told him what I wanted, he ignored it (typical man thing) and now he's trying to kiss up. Soooo last night he took me to a Thai restaurant that serves Viet Namese food to make it up. Go figure that one out. Men's thought processes are just too complicated for me.

Pretty much blew the weight loss program last night, but I'm back on track this morning. Hope to still show a loss for this week and keep under the goal that I had set for Valentine's Day.

Thanks for starting the Easter challenge, Jo. You will surely make your goal. You're off to such a great start. Keep it up, girl.

Have a great weekend, everyone. Have to run now, the window staining is calling.

Bye,

Sherry
02-17-2002, 03:29 PM
Hello Friends.............:wave:

Is anyone home?????!!!!! :lol: I guess everyone is just so busy with the weekend.

I haven't been doing so well in the weight loss department!:( I do good for awhile then I SPLURGE!!!! I've got to get a hold of myself! Especially after looking at myself in the mirror naked! YIKES!!:mad:

Starting tomorrow.....I'm going to watch my fat-in take and portion sizes and continue to walk.I did exactly this last year and lost.It's just so hard for me to get motivated this time.But in the morning, I'm back full force!!:)

I had a wonderful Valentine's Day.....and it was our 15th Wedding Anniversary also. I got a dozen of Red Roses with an Angel Bear :angel: attached from my Hubby & boys.It was so sweet and they were pretty but I was thinking of all the things we could have done with that money!! LOL!! But I didn't tell hubby what I was thinking!! LOL!

Sharon~~~~ I'm sorry that I missed your phone call.My Son said that you had called.I'm been thinking about you soooooooo much!!! I can't wait for you to post so I'll know how your Dad is!! I was hoping that you would post from Chrissy's.Hurry & come home or post & let us know how things are.I Love & Miss you!!! {{{{{ Sharon }}}}}

Peggy~~~~ I laughed so hard when I read your post!! Sorry you didn't get the trip to Thailand but WOW...just think, You'll be getting a great "house make-over!!" It's ok that you got off plan last week but this week will be good...You'll do it!!:)

Jo~~~~ NO!!! I don't want those d**** cookies!! :lol: LOL!! I've finally got rid of those things!! What I didn't eat, the boys finished! Those Tagalongs are my weakness!! Good job for having a great weigh-in!! I knew you could do it!! You go girl!!:D

CJ~~~~ Are you back from the cabin? I sure miss you and things are so quite here!! We need you back to liven things up!! Miss ya girl!!

Sorry I can't post to everyone but I need to run to the store if anyone here is going to eat tonight.

Love to all....:love:
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

Chrissy
02-17-2002, 10:42 PM
Hi everyone,
I just saw Sherry's when I got on Chrissy's computer to check out the posts and so I thought I would quick post to let everyone know how things are going with my Dad, Papa.

Well he is out of the hospital now and back at the nursing home where Chrissy's daughters Emily and Ellen work, St. Johns Senior Center. His Valentine birthday party went well. When my brother, Jerry and I walked into the room there was a whole room full of people. Chrissy, Emily, Ellen, Dad's sister Aunt Rose and some of Chrissy's family too. Her sister Carol, her husband, Frank and their son, Anthony. My brother Skip came in from Florida later on that night. Dad was the center of attention complete with birthday balloons and a cake Chrissy bought for his 85th birthday. He was really enjoying himself and his face lit up when we came as he didn't know we were coming on that day as I told him that I didn't know if I could get off than, but would come soon after. But I just told my boss at H & R Block that I was going and of course they said, I should put my Dad and family first.

Anyways yesterday they moved him back to St. Johns Senior Center and he was alright the first day, but today when I went there he looked so sad and depressed and I just started to cry. Seeing him there with his head hung down and not saying anything and refusing to eat did something to me. I couldn't stop crying. He still has that darn feeding tube and I want that to go so bad and want him to be able to eat and it to stay down. The prevosid for his bleeding ulcer hopefully will make it possible if he would just eat a little bit. I know his stomach is like one third of what it was but I still would like him to eat if he can. At first he said he would eat on Tuesday, but than when I started crying he said he would eat tomorrow so I hope he at least trys to eat something. I just want so bad to pick him up and take him home to Indiana to let him live out his time in front of the TV, watching wrestling and old movies and westerns till it is his time to go. But with the feeding tube it is hard and because of the tube he has to wear depends, Chrissy says it is called the dumping syndome and that just goes with the feeding tube. So medically it would be hard to have him home without a nurse.

So guys that is it in a nutshell. I feel so guilty that I don't live here and am able to see him daily like I would like to do. Chrissy was trying to talk to me all day to let me know not to feel guilty and that she would take care of Dad, but why do I still feel so very bad?

I am heading home tomorrow evening. I am letting my brother, Jerry work one final time at his dishwashing job and than he will have to give his notice as he will be living in Indiana. But they his work want to give him a little farwell party. He was on leave from his job, but when I took him in to see his co-workers his boss asked if he could work one final day so everyone could say goodbye to him. So I will leave when he comes home from work. So I feel good that he can have this one last day there.

I love you all so much and will talk to you after I get home sometime this week.

Love you much, Sharon :love:

CH
02-18-2002, 02:28 PM
I posted yesterday and evidently posted on the wrong one. I wanted to tell Jo, please hang in there. It has to get better, you can't continue doing so well and not get results. I have been in the same boat. There are times when I can justify my gains but many more when I can't. I went for blood work this morning. Last work was in August, my cholestrol was up, trig. were up. Nether was up much but all this work I'm doing and UP!!! I meet with the Dr. next Monday. I hope she can make me feel better because it really isn't happening here. I can't go off my meds but I can't stand this either.
Okay, I'm thru whinning for the minute. But I sure would like some answers. I will stay in touch in case any of you come up with a miracle. Meanwhile, I'll practice with those potato bags.
Good one, really good one! Carolyn

CH
02-18-2002, 02:38 PM
Okay while I'm posting telling Jo to hang on, her post pops up and she lost. Good for you Jo. Sometimes I don't understand this forum. Her post I thought was dated Sat. but didn't pop up when I opened it this morning (Monday). I think I'm losing my mind! (short lost) Carolyn

Blunder
02-18-2002, 05:52 PM
No, Carolyn, you're not losing your mind. I posted a few days ago then the next time I came in it wasn't there! I came back again later and there it was! Go figure!

My weight is going in the wrong direction right now, but I think I know why. I ran out of my thyroid meds and I'm waiting for a new mail order program my insurance is offering. A few days with a slow metabolism can really change my weight. I haven't changed anything so I know it's going to be ok as soon as I get my new prescription in the mail. (That's what I'm telling myself anyway!)

My DietWatch program has developed many, many problems! I can't get it to work anymore (problem with the servers, they tell us) I'm looking for another program like that, preferably one that is FREE. Any of you know of such a program?

{{{{{{{Sharon}}}}}}}, I know what you and your family are going through. Love you, Dear, hang in there.

Hugs, Judy

Jello
02-19-2002, 09:29 AM
Whew! Hello??? Man oh man! It's Tuesday already! I hoped to post yesterday but just did not have one single free moment. I worked from 7:30AM until almost 8:00PM. Can you say "overtime"? Worked for about 5 hours on a proposal and graphs and drawings and scans, etc. that my boss wanted to fax out by 5:00. At 4:50, he decided he "wanted to go a different way with this" and started all over!! :mad: What a goofball!!!

Other bad news, I've been eating. And eating. And eating. I've discovered Health Valley granola bars. They're all low fat or fat free but it doesn't help when you eat 5 or 6 at a time!! :( Well, I guess it's better than candy or GS cookies. I still haven't had desserts or candy since Lent started. Hoping it will help. Still haven't gotten on the scale either. Guess you've noticed that I have no idea how I'm doing here! :dizzy:

The kitchen is completely gutted now. I think I told you that the fridge and stove are in the dining room and living room. We bought some cabinets on Saturday and the living room is full of crates. We were planning to get the preassembled ones we'd seen but decided we liked the other ones better. They have to be put together but we were able to fit them all in the truck in one trip and they cost a lot less. The place we got them is great! Compared to the ones we were looking at at the Home Depot, we saved over $1000!!! :)

Meanwhile, my biggest exercise comes from cleaning up after Rich. What is it with men and making messes?? Got to be a male thing, I guess. But I'm building big biceps trying to haul drywall and wood and big trash barrels full of "stuff".

OK, enough about me. Carolyn, I saw your post on the old thread and was glad to see you've caught up here! :) I agree that this forum does some really weird things at times.

Sharon, I'm glad your dad's doing better. I think of you and Chrissy and your family every day. {{{{SHARON}}}}

Judy, if you find a new program like DietWatch, please let me know. I poked around in DietWatch a little but never did really get into it.

I have to go. Just saw the boss come into the parking lot and I'm sure he's got more fun stuff for me today. I can hardly wait. :rolleyes:

Much love to you all!
Jo

SandiH
02-19-2002, 10:55 AM
Gee it sure is nice to still have my sister around here. I feel like I am on vacation. I am beginning to feel a bit guilty as she does almost everything for me. Cooks, cleans and washes clothes. I may have to keep her and trade my hubby in. LOL
Poked something sharp by accident under my nail and now it is infected and hurts like heck. Went to the Dr. and had to get antibiotics.I think I may lose the nail. YUK>

Sherry........Happy Belated Anniversary. Thanks for the time you took with me the other day with the names.

Gail...A belated Happy Birthday to you. I will have to email you a card.

Peggy....A personal trainer should do wonders. I see a few gals at the gym that have them and they really have improved in a short time. What a bargain you got on that dress.

Judy...I also went to Dietwatch but it was a bit confusing to me. Of course it doesn't take much to confuse me.

Chrissy...Thanks so much for the Happy Birthday call. It was sooooo good to hear from you. I know how very busy you are with all that is going on in your life right now. Glad to hear that Em got a 4.0 at college. That is one smart gal. You best try not to have to be running so much to work, school and the nursing home everyday. You will get yourself sick. Congrats on the 17 pound loss.

Sharon.....I pray for Papa all the time. It sure isn't easy when we have to see our loved ones suffer like that. It was nice that Jerry's work had a little celebration for him. If he doesn't get a job in In. couldn't he get Social Security?

Jo....Keep on fighting girl Don't give up. It will happen if you really want it to.

C.J......Take a break from all the work you are doing on the websites and have a nice hot cup of pepermint tea and a hot bath.

Off I go to try to get gas in my vehicle. I know this is hard to believe but I have never put gas in. I think really I played dumb so my huby would do it and I would never have to pay.LOL. Love to all .....

Blunder
02-19-2002, 12:19 PM
Good Morning!

My scale is still at 249 this morning, so at least I haven't gained like I feared. Wish those thyroid pills would hurry and get here!

I found another diet program. I'm trying it out right now. It's called Diet Power, a one time price of $50. (no paying every month) It seems to offer everything that DietWatch does except maybe the chat rooms! DietWatch, give me back my money! You have been replaced! LOL

My daughter came by yesterday for a few minutes. Suggested that she might move back in here with me. I told her the rules have changed. No more laying in bed all the time and saying she's too sick to look for a job. She WILL get a job, she WILL help around the house, she WILL pay room and board, and she will NOT have her dog on my new carpet! She probably won't be back, OH WELL!

Was trying to get my printer hooked back up last night and I dropped it! Now I can't get the darn thing to print! Guess I'll have to go buy a new printer, would probably be cheaper than trying to get this one fixed. What on earth did we do before computers?

Hugs, Judy

Blunder
02-22-2002, 09:08 AM
Good Morning!

Where the heck are all of you?

My oldest daughter in California sent this to me and I want to share it with all of you . Tomorrow is my 60th birthday and I think the following is sooooo true!

Girlfriends

I have a new delightful friend, I am most in awe of her. When we first met I was impressed, By her bizarre behavior.

That day I had a date with friends, We met to have some lunch. Mae had come along with them, All in all ... a pleasant bunch.

When the menus were presented, We ordered salads, sandwiches, and soups. Except for Mae who circumvented, And said, Ice Cream, please: two scoops.

I was not sure my ears heard right, And the others were aghast. Along with heated apple pie, Mae added, completely unabashed.

We tried to act quite nonchalant, As if people did this all the time. But when our orders were brought out, I did not enjoy mine.

I could not take my eyes off Mae, As her pie a-la-mode went down. The other ladies showed dismay, They ate their lunches silently, and frowned.

Well, the next time I went out to eat, I called and invited Mae. My lunch contained white tuna meat, She ordered a parfait.

I smiled when her dish I viewed, And she asked if she amused me. I answered, Yes, you do, But also you confuse me.

How come you order rich desserts, When I feel I must be sensible? She laughed and said, with wanton mirth, I am tasting all that's possible.

I try to eat the food I need, And do the things I should. But life's so short, my friend, indeed, I hate missing out on something good.

This year I realized how old I was, She grinned, I've not been this old before. So, before I die, I've got to try, Those things for years I had ignored.

I've not smelled all the flowers yet, There's too many books I have not read. There's more fudge sundaes to wolf down And kites to be flown overhead.

There are many malls I have not shopped, I've not laughed at all the jokes. I've missed a lot of Broadway Hits, And potato chips and cokes.

I want to wade again in water, And feel ocean spray upon my face. Sit in a country church once more, And thank God for It's grace.

I want peanut butter every day, Spread on my morning toast. I want un-timed long-distance calls, To the folks I love the most.

I've not cried at all the movies yet, Nor walked in the morning rain. I need to feel wind in my hair, I want to fall in love again.

So, if I choose to have dessert, Instead of having dinner. Then should I die before night fall, I'd say I died a winner.

Because I missed out on nothing, I filled my heart's desire. I had that final chocolate mousse, Before my life expired.

With that, I called the waitress over, I've changed my mind, it seems. I said, I want what she is having, Only add some more whipped-cream!

Here is a little something for you all! We need an annual Girlfriends Day!

If you get this twice, then you have more than one girlfriend. Be happy.

PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO ALL OF YOUR GIRLFRIENDS "Be mindful that happiness is not based on possessions, power, or prestige, but on relationships with people you love and respect."

Money talks. Chocolate sings.

Hugs, Judy

Jello
02-22-2002, 09:37 AM
Judy, I'm with you! Where is everyone!? I guess that means I get to/have to start the new thread....