Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 08:17 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 2/11 - 2/17

Starting the topic. Be right back.
Old 02-11-2002, 08:28 AM   #2  

Carla - I hope that you are feeling better.

Well, my streak was broken on Saturday morning at 4 consecutive losses - I had a gain of 0.6. I think the fact that I snacked Friday night might have been responsible - I didn't go over points and didn't eat any too salty but I just had too much. Maybe I was sabotaging myself? I don't know - Tony was just snacking without stopping after dinner, and I ended up having some of what he brought out of the kitchen. I decided that next time I'm in the situation, I'll leave the room - even if for just a little while. Either that or put a piece of gum in my mouth!

My goal this week is to lose that 0.6 plus some more. PMS is coming so it will be tough but I have one friend, possibly two coming on 3/1 who I haven't seen since the summer and I'd like to be a little under where I was then - actually, I'd like to get to 10 pounds lost by then - that's 3.6 pounds away - definitely doable.

Have a great one,
Judy
163.6/157.2/135
Old 02-11-2002, 12:20 PM   #3  

Judy, sorry about your very small gain, and god job planning for the next time. I know it's frustrating, but with your friends coming and setting a realistic goal you're on the right track.

I came down with a cold Thursday and have been under the weather all weekend. I'm feeling a bit better today, so should be back up to speed very shortly. I ate too much Saturday, probably because I was feeling sorry for myself for being sick. But made up for it Sunday with double exercise sessions. I'm going to try to keep up the double sessions all week to get the scale moving in the right direction. Good luck to everyone.
Old 02-11-2002, 01:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Judy - Sorry to hear about your slight gain, but you'll get it off this week for sure. It's hard sometimes to say no to snacks when we're watching someone else eat them. Your plan to leave the room or pop gum in your mouth is a good one.

Karen C - I'm sorry to hear that you were sick. I too tend to want to eat too much when I'm sick. Sounds like you worked it off though. I'm glad to hear that unburdening yourself to the marriage counselor helped. And yay for a great shopping spree.

Karen B - How are you enjoying the Olympics? I actually didn't get a chance to watch any past the opening ceremony, but I'm sure they'll be on tonight when I get home.

Jennifa - Sounds like you're doing a great job sticking to your new plan. Congrats on sticking to cranberry juice in the bar.

I had a fairly good weekend. I still have to get back into the journaling habit, but I didn't pretty good with my eating. I also got all my water in, which is what I was really concentrating on. Today is going to be a fairly low point day I think. I still have the head cold that started last week and I just don't have much of an appetite. But that's ok as we're going out to dinner with Ana's godparents tomorrow night, to celebrate Valentine's day, and I want to have a cushion.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 02-11-2002, 08:09 PM   #5  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everyone!

Judy, too bad about the small gain, it's probably your body hanging on for dear life before it has to surrender that big loss you deserve. Sounds like your biggest challenge is the after dinner munchies. I tend not to suffer from that too much, it's the before dinner hungries that get to me. Could you preplan your after dinner stuff? Could you save dessert for later (you probably don't eat dessert) - sometimes I set aside room for a small fat free chocolate fudge pudding (even though the kitchen is CLOSED) to tide me through if it's a munchies kind of evening. It's creamy and yummy and relatively virtuous.

Karen C, sorry to hear you've been under the weather, but way to go exercising even if you felt more like nesting! You're right, it's the sure fire method to keep the scale moving in the right direction!

Carla, way to go on getting waterlogged! Hope your cold goes away. Have fun at your dinner Tues. night. Haven't been getting as much Olympics as I'd like, but will try to remedy that this evening.

Jennifa, sounds like the new program is working for you. How long have you eaten vegetarian?

I threw all reason and caution to the wind Friday night and way overindulged in food and drink. Doesn't happen very often, so no point in stewing about it. The morning after sneak peak was disasterous, but I'm pretty much back to where I ought to be. Tomorrow is official weigh in, I'm expecting to maintain. Slacked of on the treadmill for a couple of days, but did a short stint last night, and a 30 minute cardio this afternoon.

Have a good day. Hi Pat and Michele!

Karen
Old 02-12-2002, 11:04 AM   #6  

Hi everyone.

Karen B - All I can say is, Canada was robbed last night. I'm speaking, of course, of the pairs skating competition. I cannot believe that Salle and Pelletier didn't get the gold. It was a flawless performance and so beautiful to watch. That's what's so maddening about having a sport like figure skating in the Olypmics - it's too subjective. So you had a blow-out on Friday, huh? Every once in awhile those come along. Sounds like you're dealing with it great by just moving on. Part of this process is learning how to maintain.

I did fine yesterday and came in at one point below minimum, which is fine. I didn't even do any evening snacking, so I'm pleased with that. I got my 8 glasses of water in too, so all in all I'm pleased with my efforts yesterday. I'm not sure what the restaurant we're going to tonight is like, but I'm sure I'll find something suitable. Tomorrow is a day of fasting, so if I'm over a few points today, I'm not going to worry about it.

Have a great "Fat Tuesday" everyone.

Carla
Old 02-12-2002, 12:17 PM   #7  

Karen C - sorry to hear about that cold but I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better. Way to go on upping that exercise.

Carla - Sorry to hear that you are still feeling under the weather. Way to go for having a pretty good weekend foodwise and waterwise. Keep at that journalling and you'll be back in the habit before you know it. Sounds like you are on track again. I don't know if it's proper to do so, but I wish you an easy fast tomorrow.

Karen B - sorry to hear about Friday night but your attitude is right on target - it's over and done with and then you go own. Good for you for getting back on the treadmill. Actually I have a loose plan for what I snack on after dinner - generally a ff chocolate pudding with ff cool whip and some fruit (Tony and I usually split some). The hard part is that when I'm in the same room with Tony, I'm in the same room with all these easy-to-grab-BLT's - sometimes he brings in one after another. I can't change him but I can change my reaction. I wholeheartedly agreen Carla about the pairs skating. I was livid last night - I think Salle and Pelletier deserved to get the gold.

I did OK last night - I snacked more than I wanted to but not so much that I am over on points - PMS is here big time so I'm on my guard. I'm trying to have snacks that are "nutritionally dense" meaning that they are not just fat free calorie "junk" foods - that's not to say I won't have any of those but I'm trying to make yogurt or pb a treat. I walked to work this morning (from the train station) so I've got my exercise in. Have a great one!

Judy
Old 02-12-2002, 12:53 PM   #8  
You! On a Diet Groupie

S/C/G: 180.5/170.5/130.5

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone,

I am starting WW for at least the fourth time. Twice I have reached goal, only to gain the weight back. The last time I was almost at goal, then I went on holidays, never to return to my weight loss journey. I am hoping with everyones encouragement, I can not only reach my goal, but maintain the loss.
Old 02-12-2002, 12:54 PM   #9  

Hi, sorry I was MIA, but not my fault this time. Computer/AOL has been really cr**py the past 2 days.

I dont have time to post to everyone, sorry. I did make weigh in on Monday -.2, big deal. I have rededicated myself, I have only lost .4 pounds in a month. Time to get back on track!!

Things are going ok, I screwed up Friday night also. Its over with, no guilt.

I hope you are all well and going good.

Have a great day!
Old 02-12-2002, 01:29 PM   #10  

Judy - Thanks for the well-wishes with the fasting. It's actually not a total fast. We're told to eat one main meal and one light meal, if need be and to abstain from meat. I'll have juice in the morning and because I get shaky and woozy from falling blood sugar if I go without eating, I'll have some Cream of Wheat for lunch. Then we'll have a light meatless meal for supper. So it won't be too bad. Good for you for making your snacks nutritious ones. Sounds like the PMS monster has engaged you in battle, but you're getting the better of him. Yay.

Michele - I know its not as much as you want, but congrats on the .2 pounds gone. It's movement in the right direction.

I managed to talk myself out of Chinese for lunch today. I had to remind myself that eating Chinese food was not going to mysteriously allow me to install the program I need without my PC crashing, was not going to make me feel better about not being able to install the program and would only make me feel worse in general. So I forced myself into the kitchen to make the Healthy Choice Mac and Cheese dinner and the Green Giant asparagus tips that I had brought with me. As a consolation prize, I put a couple of tsps of butter on the asparagus. And so I had a good lunch with no guilt and my tummy is full and happy.

Later.

Carla
Old 02-12-2002, 01:44 PM   #11  

Hi Everyone, my cold is worse today. Between the headache and coughing, I'm getting no sleep whatsoever. I have to go lie down so won't answer individually, except to say WELCOME JAN! Also want to say that I agree, the Canadians gave the gold medal performance last night! Have a good day.
Old 02-12-2002, 04:33 PM   #12  

Goodness, I forgot to welcome Jan. Jan, a big welcome to our little group of very supportive women. Glad to have you.

Karen C - I hope you're feeling better soon.

Carla
Old 02-12-2002, 08:58 PM   #13  
Canadian, eh?

WE WERE ROBBED! IT WAS A TRAVESTY! IT WAS FIXED! ... there, that's my little rant about the skating results Monday night! What else is there to say? Sale and Pelletier have plenty to be proud of, and so does Canada. Thanks for all your indignation too!

I've tried and lost my posts three times so far, so will make this short and see if it works.

A warm welcome to Jan, you'll find tons of support from us all.

Don't have time to reply to everyone individually tonight, but will get on tomorrow when things are quieter for me. Stay on track! Think thin! Get waterlogged!

Karen B. ps Karen C., hope you'r feeling better!
Old 02-13-2002, 06:07 AM   #14  

Default I'm new

I see I am not the only new person today. Hi Jan...My name is Lee and I am starting WW today. I, too, have done this a thousand times, but this time I feel I am willing to do what it takes.
I've already had 32 oz of water so far, good start.
BTW...I have to agree...Canada was robbed. I thought the winners looked like they phoned it in...it was such a cold performance.
Good luck, Jan,
Lee

Last edited by jan282213; 02-13-2002 at 06:11 AM.
Old 02-13-2002, 08:17 AM   #15  

Good Morning and WELCOME to Jan and Lee!

Karen B-I did not see the skating competition but I have certainly HEARD about it. Sorry about that! I went out last Friday night too and said "scr*w it" and ate and drank what I wanted. Went right back OP on Sat. morning, maybe that is why my weigh in stunk I think we all need that once in awhile, especially to remind ourselves that we can still live it up once in awhile.

Karen-I hope you are feeling better. Sending you get well thoughts~~~~~~~~Hope it works.

Carla-good job on saying NO to Chinese, but if you ever do give in I have found that steamed dumplings (4 points for 3), chicken chop suey (4 points 1 cup) and egg drop soup (1 point 1 cup) work great. Just have to drink a gallon of water with it.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
cubed boneless chicken breast
fat free chicken broth (2 cans)
fat free beef broth (2 cans)
2 cans water
2 cans diced tomatos (I use the ones with jalapenos)
Cumin, Chille powder and a little chayene (?) use to your taste
diced onion (as much as you want)
diced green pepper (as much as you want)
salt and pepper
*bring to boil and then simmer, put chicken in raw so soaks in flavor, let veggies get to where you want them
Serve with WOW tortilla chips crushed up in soup, you can also use LF montaray jack cheese
you can put anything else veggie wise if you want, mushrooms, carrots, jalapenos etc.

Judy-good luck with the PMS monster, he should be heading my way soon. The FF chocolate puddings work great for me during this time and if I can't take it any longer I use a WOW potato chip as a spoon

Pat-I hope everything is ok with you.

I am going to lunch today with boss and old girlfriend (loooong story) we are going down to East Boston (my old stomping grounds before I moved to NH). My boss has to drop off his lifeboat for an inspection and does not know the backroads to well, so I am going to navigate and we will stop at an AWESOME pizza/italian place in Boston for lunch. I am going to have 2 slices of garlic pizza and not worry about it. I am also going to bring home some lasagna for my husband. I am going to have a candlelight dinner tonight for Valentines since I am working Jazzercise tom. night. This way I can have a lean cuisine and he can have the lasagna and I don't have to cook or worry about eating badly. Steve LOVES italian and I dont really care for it, so he will be happy and I dont have to kill myself making an entire lasagna or eat it for that matter. I think I will also pick up a bottle of sparkling cider.

Well I hope you are all doing good and enjoy your day.
Closed Thread