Weight Loss Support - The Battle between me and my front butt

Tavinni
02-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Okay I am annoyed! The battle between me and my front butt is just a pain in itself. By the way what I call the front butt is the lower abdomen (or pooch), whatever its called. I know that I am nowhere near that place where its going to go away (yet!) but I would love to know how to get rid of it.:mad: Its evil :devil: ! My sister and I are about the same size now, I always have been about two sizes bigger, so I asked her what her weight was. We are now 7-8 pounds apart, which is a huge deal. But she doesn't have a big front butt. Thats not fair! grrr.

Well another day towards my goal completed :kickcan: and I am going to beat :boxing: this but I hate the stupid front butt. One day I will be able to tuck my shirt into my pants.

Lovely
02-06-2008, 10:24 PM
I have to laugh at this, because I have a front butt, too! It's actually my stomach, but it kind of splits... not like in half, but there's a dent in the middle, so to me it looks like a butt... >_<

But, I'm with ya! One day, we front butted people will be able to tuck our shirts in with pride!!!!

jtammy
02-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Giggle Giggle, Okay, I know exactly what you're talking about. I still have one :mad:, even after losing all of this weight. It's gotten better, but it's still there. I think 90% of the weight I have left to lose is right there, on my front butt. My doctor keeps telling me "that's not going away without surgery", and I believe her. But I started at a much higher weight than you, so don't get discouraged, yours probably will decrease as you keep losing weight.

CountingDown
02-06-2008, 10:47 PM
:lol: Your post is so timely! I was grumbling in the shower tonight about mine. It doesn't seem to be any smaller than it was when I started. I still have the "apron". It still hangs and has a sweaty overlap that is really yucky! My fear is that tammy is right - it will be my nemesis even when I reach my goal weight.

While it really does irk me, I'm thankful that I have such a minor thing to be concerned about. In the scheme of things ...

luposlipaphobia87
02-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Ah!!! I know what you're talking about! I hate the 'front butt' or what I call my 'ponch'. That's the first thing I wish that would go away. I think one of the things that helps pull it in is sit ups. I've done that before, and of course I still had the fat there (cause you have to lose weight for it to go away totally) but I think the situp/crunches helped me suck it in somehow.

I also know that if your stomach muscle have been stretched out to due to pregnancy that it might be harder to strengthen that area. I was talking to my mom about it (she's tiny!) and she said that since she had us kids that's she always had to work harder to keep that area flat.

crbowles
02-06-2008, 10:56 PM
I really do have a front butt!!! I had a foot of my colon removed in October and the incision runs from my abdominal hysterectomy scar that is in the bikini area up past my belly button. I HATE IT!! My tummy muscles will never be the same.

shelbysmom
02-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Oh I hate mine.......It's really funny, that's what I thought of mine,and I never would have thought in a million years that someone else thought the same thing!! can we start a thread?!!:D That would be great, we would have that in common!!lol but what would we call it? Exercising our front butts off?

Tavinni
02-07-2008, 01:04 PM
can we start a thread?!!:D That would be great, we would have that in common!!lol but what would we call it? Exercising our front butts off?

We should start a thread! :cool:

I like :Exercising our front butts off"

What about... Front Buts not anonymous or Blasting away the front booty :lol::rofl:

horsey
02-07-2008, 01:50 PM
I had one of those after having a baby, I went over 200 lbs in weight gain. Exercise and maybe spanx in the meantime, ugh.

TXMary2
02-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Arrgh! I have a front butt too! I am really worried about it too because this is the heaviest I have been. The last time I lost weight I lost 43 pounds- I went from 185 to 142. I had no sagging skin, I exercised and was toned and stomach was relatively flat. Now I am freaked out about the possibility of having loose skin, especially since I cannot afford a surgery to get it removed. Is there ANY WAY to avoid saggy skin?

mandalinn82
02-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Mary - have you visited the Skin FAQ thread yet?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040

I had a big, round, filled-with-fat front butt before. Now I have a small, flat, somewhat saggy front butt that can be easily compressed to fit into jeans or whatever else I want to wear (well, except a bikini). Trust me when I say that loose skin is about a billion times easier to hide/deal with than not-loose fat!

mommy2two
02-07-2008, 02:58 PM
That is exactly the one part of my body that i hate the most!!! I had a C-section, so they call that a "shelf" ahhhhhh i wish it would just go away.

tleef
02-07-2008, 03:33 PM
I made an agreement with my fiance that once I reach my long-term goal and stay there for a full year that I can go and get abdominosplasty to get rid of the excess skin/fat and tighten up the muscle.

I still have a long way to go but that is such a huge goal for me to have that surgery that there are times that I crave junk food and think...will that make it even longer until I can have that "front butt" (gawd that makes me laugh) removed? Then forget it!

I'm looking forward to also getting rid of all the strech marks I got when I was pregnant. Even if I manage to flatten up the stomach and the skin miraculously shrinks up I'll still have those strech marks and they're absolutely horrible. I gained 70lbs with my pregnancy and just like my mom the marks were really bad.

Cheers,
Tamara

amy180
02-07-2008, 05:57 PM
We should start a thread! :cool:

I like :Exercising our front butts off"
Ha, yes, count me in. ^_^

One butt is enough for anyone, I'm trying to get rid of my extra bum. ^_^ My least favorite part of my body at the moment, certainly.

MrsEnigma
02-07-2008, 06:23 PM
I'm also a member of the front butt club. Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd type. :)

twirlandswirl
02-07-2008, 10:10 PM
I have to laugh at this, because I have a front butt, too! It's actually my stomach, but it kind of splits... not like in half, but there's a dent in the middle, so to me it looks like a butt... >_<

But, I'm with ya! One day, we front butted people will be able to tuck our shirts in with pride!!!!

That's exactly how mine is. Makes wearing a dress near-impossible!

mommy2two
02-07-2008, 11:22 PM
That's exactly how mine is. Makes wearing a dress near-impossible!

OMG, I am soo with you on that point!!! I see soo many cute summer dresses that I would LOVE to wear but never would because of the whole "front butt" problem..lol

twirlandswirl
02-07-2008, 11:29 PM
I found some sundresses at J.C. Penny's that actually flatter my figure, even with my massive front-butt (which sticks out more than my stomach), so I would suggest that.

mommy2two
02-07-2008, 11:36 PM
I would feel sooo self conscious. Maybe i will make that my treat if i get to goal weight...some cute new dresses..lol

mkat321
02-08-2008, 12:38 AM
I have one too. it's horrid. the doc who did my first c-section did a horrid job and now I have a dividing 'line' almost to the point where the area could qualify as another set of breasts theres such clear demarcation. {sp?}

DMPLS
02-08-2008, 01:01 AM
Can I join the front butt club too????!!!! I can't believe so many people have the same problem!!!

I had 3 major surgeries in an 18mth period each one healed alot slower.....the last one was a hernia repair on the surgery site for the previous surgery.....well you guessed it the hernia surgery didn't heal either.......so yes yet another surgery when they found the cause of my slow healing was MRSA(severe deadly staph infection) Well the doctor said the only way to heal after all of that was to leave the wound open! so for over 8 mths my husband and daughter packed my CRATOR of a wound 4 times a day! the wound was 17 cm wide X 17cm long X 17 cm deep with many many tunnels that were as long as 11 cms...........well when it finally healed completely it left me with a CRACK in my abdomen and my abdomenial muscles are ruined....he tried to sew them back together but he said he couldn't promise that it wouldn't herniate again.....

Yes I would love to have surgery just to remove it and tighten my ab muscles again except any surgeries I have from now on........brings the risk of MRSA starting up again. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy!!!!

Horo
02-08-2008, 01:26 AM

When I had my front-butt that's exactly how it was too! Fortunately my front-butt only emerges when I'm over 205 lbs so it's gone right now... hopefully I'll never see my front-butt again because I have enough butt in the back. :p

xtrisaratops
02-08-2008, 08:28 PM
I have no "real" butt because it's all migrated to the front!

It's so freaking frustrating, and honestly, I don't think mine will ever go away without surgery, once I get down to goal weight. I totally feel you on this one, I have war with my front-butt every morning, and let's not eve TALK about clothes shopping! UGH!

"Exercising our front-butts off" made me giggle hysterically. That just made my day.

Catmint
02-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Reading this thread, I'm laughing my butt off! (but I'm not laughing my front butt off, unfortunately :D)

I've got one too and I just know it will be the last thing to go when I'm finally at my goal weight. It's still huge, but I have noticed a difference lately (and I apologize ahead of time for TMI): I had a c-section over 3 years ago while I was at my highest weight, and I've never been able to see the scar except in the mirror. Until now. I still have to *ahem* move the front butt up and out of the way, but before even that wasn't enough. Not that I want to see the scar all the time, and really it's so little it's barely perceptible. But just knowing I can see it now after 3-1/2 years, I must be doing something right!

Thanks for the laugh, and yes I want to be in the FB Club! Or maybe I don't want to be in it. Whichever!

sharonrr1
02-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Sorry to say I have one too. My husband asked what I was reading. I think he thinks we are crazy women at 3FC. He says, alot of older woman have that. The man does not have a clue. I know the only way mine will go away will be surgery. But I'm going to keep exercising and see if it goes down anymore. It will probably just end up sagging all the way to the floor soon.;)

lovemacon
02-09-2008, 07:46 PM
I tell my husband that I think God got a little confused and stuck my behind where my tummy was supposed to go. I think my backside is flatter than my front.

ChunkyDunker
02-09-2008, 09:31 PM
I've got front butt too!!
Do you think I could get a front butt-to-back butt transplant? :lol:
DH jokes that I don't have a bum...I have a back with a crack :rofl:

Serena C
02-09-2008, 09:55 PM
That's the part of my body I hate the most too! And I don't have children, so I can't even blame it on pregnancy. I think I can get rid of most of it, though, so I try not to stress about it too much. Like someone said, in the grand scheme of things, there are worse things than having two butts. :D

susiemartin
02-10-2008, 03:27 PM
I've got one too.:D

Splash 08
02-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Count me in... I am a reluctant member of the front butt club!! I honestly thought I was the only one. I discovered my front butt in a picture that was taken with a group of people. I didn't realize my pants were tight and where the zipper came up the front it looked like a butt crack with fat hanging over each side. I thought my shirt was long enough to cover it. I was wrong!! Huge embarrassement. I am really worried that no matter how much weight I lose I will still have that problem. I have 65pds to lose and I just joined Metopolic Research Center It seems like a long road!!

michigan girl
02-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Just found this thread - Front butt club has many members including me. Getting rid of this excess is tough, seams to have been there awhile. Sit ups help but I never really rid myself of this fat.

Altari
02-13-2008, 12:18 PM
LoL @ front butt! I'd always called it my curtain. :P

Mine is from my three rapid fire pregnancies. I can see exactly where the skin was stretched from baby, and how it flops. I'm hoping DESPERATELY that most of it goes away, because the idea of surgery just sickens me.

missymckibben
02-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Very clever, the front butt group. My mom is skinny as a rail, but still has a belly and stretchmarks. Of course, my belly is quite a bit bigger. I think all the women in my family are like that. Short with a front butt!

Missy

HeatherJane
03-30-2010, 03:54 PM
I had two kids, back to back. they are 4 and 3 now and when I had my first I weighed in at 228. I am now 178 and still love my junk food. I work out yet of course I defeat the purpose by not making the best choices for food. I hate the fact that my stomach looks like a butt! I fear that even if I lose 40pds, my stomach will just look like a smaller butt. Just wondering if there is anyone out there, anyone???? Who had this problem but it was solved without having surgery???? It is almost a bit of a deterrent...like sure I can lose weight but no matter what, I still wont ever get that nice flat VS model stomach! Sure, itd be more healthy for all of us, but if I am going to bust my buns and work hard and eat GRASS, then I want a toned good looking tummy! Not a toned good looking front butt.....Glad that I am not alone though. I love my kids so I guess this is what we get...but hate them girls out there who pop out kids and look like they never even had any....no stretch marks, no front butts...I want those GENES!!!