WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Weigh-In Results thread for February

Tina
02-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi,
We are the Thursday group who follow WW and post our scale results here.
Please come on and join us.
We really are a fun group. We also have a Thursday Chatters thread where we solve world and food problems. :lol:

Good luck to us all this week.
:flow1:

tinajayne72
02-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi there. My name's Tina, and I just joined here a few weeks ago and have just been lurking around looking. I used to do WW, but kinda doing my own thing right now, but I weigh in for myself every Thursday and would love to come here to keep myself on track if that's okay!
PS.. how do i get a weight bar like yours? lol

Tina
02-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi Tina!!!!! :):):) It's nice to have another Tina here.
Welcome!
About the weight bar (Tracker)---
go to the top of the page
on the left side, you'll see, "User CP" Click onto that and then on the left side, click on "Edit Signature."
That will explain how to make your own tracker.
I hope I've explained it fairly well.
Tina

Ladybug2680
02-07-2008, 05:55 AM
Lost .8 for the week. Not as much as I was expecting, but a loss is a loss. :) My tracker says 1 lb though because it won't let me do 180.8. Can't wait to hear about other losses. ;)

dali78
02-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Heyh I just got back from weigh in and I lost 4.2. I was very excited, it was ther first time I was under 250 in a long long long time. Hope everyone else did well!

Tina
02-07-2008, 01:07 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot: Wow!
We have a bunch of losers here!!! :)

Dori, that's great!
Dali, I'm envious of that loss. Keep it up.

dali78
02-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Thanks so much Tina. I really buckled down this week and tracked everything. I really followed the "you bite it you write it" phrase. And I did at least 30 minutes of activity a day. So hopfully my losses will be steady.

mom36
02-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Hey y'all!

Hope everyone is a Loser this week!

Congrats Dori & Dali, you're both doing great.

Tina ll, :welcome:

As for me, I was down 0.4lbs this week. I was hoping for more, since I was soooo on program this week. Even managed to do the healthy guidlines every day but one. But, the scale just wouldn't move this week. Hopefully this week will break this much too long plateau I've been on.

How about the rest of the Thursday crew?

tinajayne72
02-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Okay I figured out the counter thingy but I'm at work, just remembering to check in here... lol
Thanks for the welcomes and let me introduce myself! 35yr old from good ole NH..single mom of one very gorgeous 8yr old little girl. I've been dieting forever. It seems though I finally went OVER my pregnancy weight which was horrendous for me...lol I started beginning of November '07 at 5'5", 214.6 lbs. This week I only lost 1 pound, but a total of 21 now and weigh 193.6 yippee! Kinda stinks when i was at 150 BEFORE

tinajayne72
02-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Darn i hit something accidentally before I could finish!! lol
I was trying to say that i was 150 BEFORE i got pregnant. So I'm hoping for a goal of about 140.
Congrats on all the losses!!! I think this forum is going to get me
M-O-T-I-V-A-T-E-D!!!!

Tammy
02-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the newbies!!! Great going on the weight losses everyone!!

I'm glad I brought the scales with me to Georgia. It's helping me to stay focused. I haven't had a loss, but with eating out as often as we have, I haven't seen a gain either. When we have eaten out, I've tried to make smart decisions. Bob is helping me. We have split meals a couple of times.

Tammy
02-08-2008, 09:32 PM
I weighed again this morning, and I was down 1.5, so I moved my butterfly 1 notch. I am happy!

Tina
02-08-2008, 11:03 PM
Hi,
Terry, a loss is a great loss. 'Much better than a gain.
Tina, thanks for introducing yourself. Congratuations on your pound gone!!!
Tammy, I'm so happy for you losing that 1.5 pounds.
I wasn't so lucky this week. I gained back a pound. I'm not changing my tracker because I'm working to get it off for next week's weigh-in.

tinajayne72
02-11-2008, 09:29 PM
k girls.. I need some words!!! lol
I can't seem to stop taking a bite of this, taking a bite of that every single night.. I don't know whats wrong with me lately!!! lol
I'm full from supper but feel I need a taste of everything in the cupboards! I even made those tasty diet coke cupcakes but couldn't just eat one...
any suggestions? (btw its wayyy to cold to get out of the house and take a walk to keep my mind off food.. we got like over knee deep snow here!)

Tina
02-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Tina, get rid of everything yummy in your pantry! :)
Keep cans of lite fruit and fresh veggies. Oh, sparkling water seems to help me, too.
After awhile, you can slowly bring back some yummy, fat free things.
Hope this helps.

dali78
02-12-2008, 12:42 PM
I try to keep busy. I have been going through all my old photo albums and scanning all the pictures and sorting them. it's a big job and getting them all digital is really helpful for me. I don't even think about snacking when I am done. Also I have been scrapbooking my trips. I also sew. Anything to keep my hands busy and my mind occupied from food. I hope you have a hobby you can fall back on haha.

tinajayne72
02-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Well lately my hobby is snacking..lol
I feel I do it because I like the taste.. not even because I'm bored. I get my mind thinking I need a snack and they look out.. i scavenge just to get a taste of something.. it's horrible lately!! Although last night i only had 2 mini choc. bars my daughter had....lol
I've lost 20 lbs and seem to be at a plateau, although I've started drinking alot of green tea at work (like 4-5 cups), so hopefully this is just a phase!!

Tammy
02-13-2008, 07:48 PM
I've been doing lots of walking since we're in much nicer weather than at home. Apparently it is working because I was down another pound this morning! I'm so glad that I brought the scales with me on the trip!!!

I'll be honest. I have a snack every night. It varies from day to day what it is, but I do have one. Tonight I have a dip of ice cream in the freezer that I bought after we ate supper out tonight. Some nights I have fruit or nuts.
The other day, I didn't have a diet pepsi until 7:00 AT NIGHT! That is big news! I am usually the person that will have one for breakfast! I drank water all day. Hubby was as shocked as I was. lol

tinajayne72
02-14-2008, 08:00 AM
Congrats Tammy on the pound!!
BUT...despite my snacking... I actually lost 1.4 this week!
In case my weight tracker doesn't post below (which they wouldn't let me last time), here's the scoop:
Start 214.65 Current 192.4 Goal 140

tinajayne72
02-14-2008, 08:13 AM
that should have been 214.6 haha

Ladybug2680
02-14-2008, 08:27 AM
Congrats Tina. Way to Go.

Tammy - I have a snack every night too. It's never too high in points, but I also indulge myself. :)

Weighed in on this lovely Valentine's Day and I have lost 1.4. I was so excited. :)

Tina
02-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Wow, we have some awesome losses this week. :carrot::carrot:

Tinaj, I researched the signature problem you're having. Suzanne says there is a "spam issue" so new users cannot have the trackers until they've posted 30 times or been a member for 30 days. After that time, you can get one!

Good luck to everyone else this week.
:val1:

mom36
02-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Congrats y'all on the loses! :congrat: I was down this week as well. Down 1.8lbs. :goodscale If I can keep that average going, I should make goal by my anniversary.:crossed:

I know what y'all mean about the snacking. Sometimes I can't help myself. Maybe if you plan your day ahead of time, putting your evening snack down first, that will give you something to look forward to. As for me, I just have been out of control for most of the last 8 months. :cbg: The past couple of weeks though, something has just "clicked" and is keeping me (mostly) on program. Hopefully, it will stay "clicked".:flow2:

dali78
02-14-2008, 01:27 PM
:( I had a 2.8 gain wow. I know what I did. I used those 35 extra, and I never did before. I was so hungry this week. I had had such a big loss last week, I kind of expected it. I hope you all have big big losses this week!!!:D

Tammy
02-14-2008, 09:02 PM
tinajayne, way to go on the loss of 1.4!

And you too Dori!!!

Terry, 1.8 is great!

Dali, don't worry about that gain! Using those 35 points is part of the program, so don't worry about using them.

cdonley
02-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi everyone! Down about 2 this week - I was surprised since i STILL have not gotten the exercise thing down. At least with my new job, I'm standing and hustling around instead of sitting behind a desk.

Good job everyone else! Looks like there were some good losses this week.

I had had such a big loss last week Dali - remember too that your body is probably "recovering" from that big loss. When I had big, the next week was either 0 lost or .4 Just make sure to stay on plan! :hug:

tinajayne72
02-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Congrats to the other "losers" this week..lol
I just wanted to comment on the mini goal tracker that i see.. (plus get my 30 comments in so i can post my own..lol)
That's a neat idea to go for a smaller goal.. that way it doesn't seem like it's gonna take years before you reach your weight.

dali78
02-15-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the support you gals, I will do better next week. I am really going to stay on track! Congrats for all the losses you had. Keep up the great work.

tinajayne72
02-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Well I totally forgot to weigh in this morning. Not that I wanted to anyhow.. I still can't seem to control this uncontrollable hunger! Its literally so bad sometimes that my stomach is growling and i feel nauseous like I haven't eaten in days. I eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and supper... about 1300 cal a day (probly over with my night snacking..lol) which is what I've been doing for a few months now so you'd think my body was used to it. Sigh.. we'll I'll hop on the scale in the morning and gain or lose.. i'll force myself to post it..lol

dali78
02-21-2008, 01:20 PM
I think because it is so cold it makes people hungrier. Is that a word, looks funny. Anyway, I had a 2.8 gain last week and a 1.4 loss today. Still haven't made up for last week, but a loss is a loss. Hope everyone has a losing day!

We are currently having an ice storm, it just started. No fun.

lesjoe1
02-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Hi everyone Im new to the group and will be posting my weigh In's on Thursday's also. How long has everyone been on the program and what is your success? I have high hopes for myself :) and love hearing other success stories, it truly keeps me motivated. Please share

Leslie

Day 3 (not weighed)

179/179/140

mom36
02-21-2008, 02:57 PM
:welcome3: Leslie!

You'll get lots of advice and support here. I'm sure most of us have our ups and downs. Times when we stay on program and lose well and times when we aren't as successful. I have been treading water for the last 6 months. In the same amout of time, someone at my meeting has lost the same amount of weight I'm going for and made lifetime. I hate her! ;) This is my second time around with WW. The first time was about 20 years ago and I got really close to goal, but not quite. I rejoined May 4, 2006 and have lost 42.2lbs as of today (down 1.2lbs this week:goodscale). My goal is 75lbs. I'm hoping to make it by June 11, which is my 25th wedding anniversary:val2:. Wish me luck!

TinaJayne, have you tried upping your fiber and/or protein intake? One or the other usually works for most people. Doesn't work so much for me, but it's worth a try.

Dali, don't let that gain derail you. We all have them. Sometimes life just interferes with our plans. You'll get that 2.8lbs off and more. Just hang in there.:dust: And Tammy's right. You need to eat those 35 points to keep your system from going into starvation mode.

Cdonley, good luck with the exercise. I have been riding my stationary bike :ebike:6 days a week. I'm still waiting for the endorphins to kick in, but maybe it's helping some with getting the weight off. At least I get to eat 4 more points on those 6 days! :cbg:

How about everyone else?

tinajayne72
02-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Welcome LesJoe1!! This place is a great place to get motivated.....
Mom.. I just may try that...I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to get my meals planned to take to work for me... so i've been snacking on 100 cal packs, which I think is bringing my sweet tooth back. I bit the bullet and got on the scale this morning........ a .8 gain which isn't bad at all. It could have been worse! Back on the bandwagon for me!!!

Ladybug2680
02-22-2008, 12:12 PM
Sorry that I haven't been around ladies. Congrats to all the losers and for those that didn't lose this week, don't give up. Keep going and remember every day is a new day. Think of it as a marathon not a sprint.

Weighed in yesterday morning to be surprised by a lose of 3.4. There is a little reason behind this though. I had my wisdoms removed last Friday so was unable to eat like I normally do. However, I'm going to take it and keep trucking.

Tina
02-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Ouch!!! Dori, that's a horrible way to have to lose weight. :( I hope you are feeling better now. That is a great loss, though. :lol:

lesjoe1 Welcome, you've come to the right group. We are very supportive. Come over to the Thursday Chatters thread where we solve all the problems of the world.

Terry, I forgot that your anniv. is June 11th. Ours is the 12th!

dali, you're going in the right direction!!!!!:carrot:

tinaj, have you tried the Light Progresso soups? They're 0 pts. for a cup and are really good. I like the WW veggie soup that you make, but these canned ones are handy and have been on sale here. :D

Susan and Tammy, what's the word from y'all???

I had gained 2 pounds this time. I'm not surprised with Valentine's Day and David's birthday. But, today I'm back OP and doing good.

cdonley, I like your new job--standing and not sitting.

cdonley
02-23-2008, 02:18 PM
I missed my normal Wed meeting, so I went to the 7am one today - it was PACKED! I couldn't believe it.

I also had a 1.2 lb loss - so whoohoo!

Cdonley, good luck with the exercise. I have been riding my stationary bike 6 days a week. That is awesome! I'm still not motivated to exercise *sigh* but I walked around the mall today.

Great job everyone else! Use up the flex points - that is what they are there for (does anyone not use them regularly?) I'm just wondering because I definitely do EVERY week =)

Tina
02-23-2008, 09:39 PM
cdonley, that's a great loss. Congratulations!!!!!

Ladybug2680
02-24-2008, 02:04 PM
cdonley - congrats on your loss. :)

Tammy
02-24-2008, 07:06 PM
Welcome Leslie!!
congrats to those who lost or stayed the same.

I was the same as my tracker, but I'm still pleased since I've been eating ice cream almost every day.

tinajayne72
02-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Drats... another .2 gain.. what is up with that? I am at a total standstill and i am freaking out thinking that im going to have to work hard for the rest of my life to keep it up. I've been letting life take over, not getting up early anymore to make my meals ahead.. should we have to put so much work into it forever? I haven't really been changing my eating habits yet it seems to be creeping back up on me... bummer

mom36
02-28-2008, 02:05 PM
Tinajayne, I so feel your pain. :hug:I am still yoyo-ing. Was up 1.2lbs this week. Erased last weeks loss. :mad: I was so good this week; not perfect of course, but still I should have been down. If I stay on track this week, I should be down next week, but right now I just want to dive face first into a bag of Cheetos!;)

How's everyone else doing? Please, somebody post that they had a good weigh in!

Tina
02-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Hi,
I forgot it was Thursday. I will weigh in the morning. (These days all go together.)

tinaj and Terry....I too, feel your pain. Some weeks it doesn't matter how hard we try.
tinaj, let's see---did you exercise more or less last week? Muscle weight can affect the scales. Did you drink lots of water? We all know about the dreaded water retention.
Making meals ahead is a great idea. It's not always easy to do. Can you buy microwave meals to take with you?

Terry, been there, done that! Stay out of those Cheetos!!! :lol: You can do this!
We can all do this!!!

Tina
02-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Hi,
I weighed this morning. I didn't lose anything.
Maybe next time.

Tina
03-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Everyone----please go look for our new March weigh-in thread.
Thanks,
Tina