South Beach Diet - HUMP DAY Cluckings

View Full Version : HUMP DAY Cluckings

cottagebythesea
02-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Wake Up Call Time! :coffee2:

Grab a mug and let's get this day started! :) I'm waiting for Curves to open, then back home to for a short rest before I head over to the school to watch Audrey's play. She's a mouse this year, and thank goodness I didn't have to make the costume this time. We just used a pair of gray leggings and a gray sweatshirt, and found a tail and the other accessories at a costume shop. All we have to do is paint whiskers on her. The play is really cute and I'm looking forward to it. Then after school it's the usual tap and ballet lessons, so it'll be a busy day.

What's happening on your part of the beach today? :cofdate:

femmecreole
02-06-2008, 07:15 AM
Morning Cottage! If you get a picture of Audrey the Mouse, we'd love to see it. Have fun at the play and give Miss Mouse a hug from all her "aunts" for good luck!

Icky yucky rainy windy day here after 2 days of really nice spring-like weather. Spent all my "Mardi Gras Vacation" working at the computer, so it's like a double "not fair" whammy! Getting ready to hit the fluidity bar, then off to the tub, then off to school. yuck on the school part today. BTW, still loving this fluidity bar thing. It's not drudgery like other exercising is for me. Glad I found something I don't dread. I'm an exercise slug.

CyndiM
02-06-2008, 07:53 AM
Good morning Chicks!

Ruth - it was good to see your name pop up. How are you doing?

Cottage - thanks for the coffee :) I second Cat's request for a picture - sounds really cute.

Cat - I'll have to check out the fluidity bar. I am such an exercise slug. I use the challenges here to guilt myself into it.

We have weather here too. It's the kind of day I hate most - roads are fine now but are supposed to get bad later. Living 27 miles from work makes days like this scary. Should I go in or play it safe? I usually go with what the schools do and try to watch the temperature all day. Needless to say I've had some stressful drives home.

I'm getting my eating back on track after vacation. As much as I liked the B&B I think in the future rooms with microwaves and fridges are a better choice. That way we can eat the way we need to.

Kara - hope all is going well! I'm thinking of you and your family.

Have a good day all!

Ruthxxx
02-06-2008, 08:19 AM
POP!

I'm not posting much but am reading. Today I go to the doc for stitch removal and am going to try to get something better for pain. Hershey is still at the Hyper Pypers' place and is having a ball. I don't know if I'll be able to get her home this weekend but I sure miss her. I have lots of visitors but only a few of them let me rub their tummy!

I'm reading but not feeking too chatty these days. Better times ahead.

little chick
02-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Good Morning chicks..... I am feeling icky this morning. Stuffy head, clogged ears.... started TOM.... sleeping and it goes on and on and on......

Ruth- Good to see you. I am glad that you are starting to post here and there. Take care of your self, hope you fur baby decides to come home on the week end.

Cottage- Have a good work out, and a picture of the mouse would be cute.

Femme- it is nice to find an exercise thing you like to do. Keep up the good work.

Cindy- have a great day.

Me- Nothing if possible, but I feel like my world is so unorganised. I really need to get on track. I have been so busy with fundraising stuff, that everything else seems to be falling apart. So today I am staying off the computer and getting down to some major organising. Wish me luck. I may pop back in after lunch when the house is down for quiet time. Have a great day chicks.

tkglenn
02-06-2008, 08:54 AM
good morning all. won't be on for today. just stopping in to say hi. gotta busy day ahead. went to ER with my 6month old last night. he has fever and pneumonia like symptoms. I was really worried about his oxygen level so i took him in. Didn't go in because when they checked him, the level was 99-100% so he was ok. Decided to go home because he already has an appointment for this morning. once we got home, he slept good for the rest of the night but now my 2 year old his really sick and congested. So between the both of them, they both have terrible dry coughs and I feel so bad for them. I will be taking them to the dr. today and they will probably send me to xray which i can't stand because it takes forever. well, better get going. gotta run and take my two oldest to school.

hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Schmoodle
02-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Morning chicks!
cottage, I'm sure Audrey will be a most adorable mouse!
Cat, glad you are liking the fluidity bar. I am a slug too and I hope I can find something I like as well. Sorry you didn't get to enjoy the holiday yesterday.
Ruth, glad you are lurking among us at least. I hope you are back to yourself soon. I'm sure Hershey will be very happy to be home with you.
cyndi, how was the vacation? Hope you had a blast! Got any pix to share?
LC, I know how it gets when something busy takes you out of your ordinary routine and you get behind on everything. I hope you can get some rest and are feeling better soon. :hug:
tk, today will not be a fun day for you. I hope those babies get well quickly!:hug: Take some healthy snacks along and don't let yourself get run down too.

I'm just popping in for a quickie, nothing exciting going on here, just lots of work. I'll come back for a visit at lunch. Hope you chicks have a great day.

GONNABE165
02-06-2008, 09:55 AM
We are half way there :carrot: The weekend is around the corner

Cottage Thanks for the wake up call. Ahh how cute a mouse I would love to see pics

Cat glad your enjoying your new workout

Cyndi glad to hear your getting back on track

Good morning Ruth we sure do miss you

I hope you have a productive day LC

TK you poor thing :hug: I hope the lil ones get to feeling better real soon

Hi Schmoodle

ME - I talked to my doc this morning about the mri situation and they are suppose to call me back with what the plan is now.

Tonight dh & I are taking my mom to see Juno but other than that it's just work as usual.

Pacergal29
02-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Well we made it through some scary storms last night. Missed American Idol because they had storm coverage throughout. Tornado sirens went off and DD freaked a little. We came through with no damage just a bunch of rain. Not so lucky for some other folks in the next town over though.

Cottage I have to admit I don't miss the school plays, seems they were always long, drawn out and way out in left field. Glad to hear yours aren't like that.

Cat I may have to check into this bar of yours, I'm not much of an exercise fan.

Cyndi Glad to hear you are getting back on track.

Ruth So glad to "see" you, hope they give you something better today for pain.

LC Hope you get to feeling better and your day goes as planned.

TK Hope the news is good on the kiddies today, nothing like sick kids to just tug at your heart strings.

Schmoodle Hoping you have a good day!

Me Not much going on, got back to my yoga this morning, I have slacked off so badly lately! It's so hard because the puppy wants to play when I am doing it, and is always on the mat with me. I don't have enough coordination as it is let alone add my minature horse into the picture!

Have a great day chicks, I will "see" ya all at lunch!

Gonna Opps cross posting! I giggled when I saw you typed "work *** usual" I know its a typo but funny as heck cause that is how I feel about work today!

GONNABE165
02-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Morning Stephanie glad to hear you all are safe and sound. Thanks for pointing that typo put - it has been fixed

PHinsUP!
02-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Morning chickas,
Gosh, it feels like it's been weeks and weeks since I've posted on here!
But it's only been days! I've been struggling with a few things, haven't been eating terrible or anything, but haven't eaten as many veggies as I should. I did decide to walk to work yesterday, so I could get some exercise, and it felt great! it was extremely warm here yesterday! I've decided that I'm going to walk when I can, I'm not sure my niece would make it if I tried to walk with her with me, I dunno, it only takes me 15 minutes to get there. and she's almost 3...maybe she could do it. I'm rambling!
anyway,
RUTH it's great to see you POPPing in, hope you have a speedy recovery!!
I'm outa here!
Talk to y'all later
Tina

bellaluna
02-06-2008, 10:45 AM
Good morning, chicks!

Sorry to hear about the sicknesses and the pain things going on. :hug: Feel better soon (and/or hope your kids feel better soon)!

Re: the weather issues...my goodness, what is going ON in the world these days? Seems weirder than usual...we had snow this weekend WITH a thunderstorm. Don't think I've ever seen that before.

Be safe and take care, all!

Neko
02-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Good morning everyone. Yet another rainy grey day here. Although we seemed to have missed thunderstorms atleast.

tkHope all your children get well soon. And you don't catch whatever is going around. :hug:

cottage I hope you post a pic. That sounds cute.

PHinsUP Most three year olds can keep going even when you're done. She can probably make it.

Another boring morning here at work. I'm trying to get my head together to get all that cub scout Blue & Gold stuff accomplished tomorrow. I just have way too many things on my calendar this month. Almost all the pages are filled in with something to do.

Kim_Star060404
02-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Happy Hump Day!

Sounds like a busy day lined up for you as usual,Cottage! I hope the play is wonderful. I'm with Cat and would love to see cute mouse pictures if you get any!

I'm really glad you're enjoying your fluidity bar, Cat. I've seen the infomercial now and think that it does look quite intriguing. Hope your day at school is okay.

Cyndi: I hope it's safe for you all day. Be careful!! DH and I feel the same way about places to stay for vacation. When we picked our cabin for Ruidoso, we made sure it had a kitchen so that we can cook if the need arises!

We miss you, Ruth! I envy you your reading time, but definitely don't envy you your pain. :hug: I'm glad Hershey is having fun, but I know you miss her and I hope she can come home soon!

Good luck with the organizing today, LC. Wish I could come help. Organizing projects is just about my favorite part of doing them - just ask my DH - he HATES it!! :lol:

tk: Sorry that you have so many little sickies today. :hug: I hope they all feel better quickly and that the doctor visit isn't too long for you!

:wave:, Schmoodle. Have a great day!

Gonna: Let us know how Juno is. It hasn't come to our theater yet, but I think I want to see it when it does. Still thinking about you and your MRI!

:lol:, Stephanie! Your miniature horse sounds much worse than my little dachshund! Just a quick push and he's out of the way. I hope your yoga went well!

Tina: Nice to "see" you! Good job on the great walk. My nephew was 3 when I took him on walks around the neighborhood. He did pretty well, but a 15-minute walk did take about 30-minutes with him. Have a good day!

To answer your question from yesterday, Bella, my avatar is on of the 3FC stock ones. I wish that could be in my garden, but we don't really have the climate for it out here! Hope you have a nice day!!

Me: I love Wednesdays. My "no class" days. Haha. My prof found out that I had turned in an extra assignment and announced the fact to the class. That was a little embarrassing, but he did also say that if we finished all the assignments soon that we probably wouldn't have to ever go back to the class. I'm planning on finishing Assignments 5-12 next weekend.

Not much on the agenda today. Tortilla-free chicken enchiladas for dinner tonight. I plan on a 4-mile walk after work. I've got to run and get groceries during lunch. Other than that, it's just work and studying for my stats exam tomorrow. Time for me to get to work! I hope everyone else has a great day!

~Kim

GONNABE165
02-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Tina walking to work thats a great way to get in exercise. I wish I lived close enough to walk

Mornin Bella

Neko I sure hope you are able to get everything done. Kind of quiet here at work this morning too.

tammie00
02-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Morning.

Sorry too sleepy for personals. The wind was so strong last night. LOL my windows kept rattling and then some lovely neighbor decided at midnight to rev up/race around in a truck or motorcycle. Was very loud. Hope everyone that is sick starts feeling better.

I have to clean up again today. The babysitter was here last night with the kids and the house is kinda messy. Did I mention Idon't like housework? LOL I so need a maid!! Or less messy kids

I did have a great time last night. We went to a fancy Italian place for a celebration for a friend who made director. One of my friends and I split a plate. We split the steak and she ate the potatoes and bread. I ate steak and the veggies and salad. LOL She did eat a few veggies but not many. I didn't get any pasta! Most everyone had creme brule(sp) and I skipped that. I did have a cappucino. I am sure it was made with full fat milk but no cravings today so I guess I am ok.

Tammie

Kim_Star060404
02-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Neko: It appears we were simulposting! February is that kind of month for me as well. I just don't know how it's all going to get done. Oh well, we'll get through it! ;) Hope you have a great, not so boring day!

GONNABE165
02-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Hi Kim guess we were simul posting Thanks for the thoughts and concern for me it means a great deal. Enjoy your day today

Kim_Star060404
02-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Tammie: Congrats on sticking so close to plan for your dinner out last night! That's great! I hope I can do the same when my parents take us out this weekend. Hope you have a good day and that you get some sleep tonight!

tammie00
02-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks Kim. IT was scary at first because all I saw when I opened the menu was pasta. My friend found the steak and said lets split.

Tammie

SAnativegirl
02-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Hey chickies-nothing excititng here. The couple we had over for dinner also brought these little bitty bread sticks so I had a few of those. But I wrapped up the rest and MADE em take em home. Chicken served over veggies and whole wheat pasta was wonderfully made by DH. Noone noticed it was whole wheat I dont think.

Kim can you post or tell me where to find chicken enchilada recipe. thanks.
didnt walk lasat night but will tonight. scale is still stuck.

Neko
02-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Neko: It appears we were simulposting! February is that kind of month for me as well. I just don't know how it's all going to get done. Oh well, we'll get through it! ;) Hope you have a great, not so boring day!

There's a bunch of simulposting this morning. I guess we all have alot to say today. :D

Maybe February just seems busier because we're missing a couple of days.

tammie Great job at the restaurant! I find eating out is the hardest thing to do because everything is sooo tempting. I doubt one whole milk cappucino will do anything. Cappucinos don't have nearly as much milk as lattes anyways.

SAnative That's a good idea. Making your guests take home food you can't have.

beachgal
02-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Mornin' everybody! :wave:

Cat, I was thinking of you yesterday! It was DH's birthday and they had a mardi gras dinner at church that he helped with, so I brought a cake over there. I decorated it with green and purple frosting and sprinkled gold glitter over it all. I hate that you were stuck at your computer!!! :( The fluidity bar sounds incredible...it's SO great to find something you like! Let us know how the results turn out!

Good luck, Cyndi. :crossed: Can you get a laptop so you can work from home on days like this? I don't know if you have that kind of job or not, but I know it's a lifesaver for lots of my friends. :)

Darling Ruth, I'm so glad to "see" you. :hug: You have me in stitches with your "only a few of them let me rub their tummy." :lol3: I fully believe snuggling with a puppy is good for healing, but not if they're so excited to see you that they bop your knee! :headache: I hope you're on the mend soon so Hersh can be home with you. Though she's having fun with the HPs, I bet she misses you tons too. :love: You bop that doctor onna da head if he doesn't give you good pain meds. Grrr....

LC, organizing sounds like a GREAT plan, and I bet it cuts down all the time everything takes, too! Hope you're doing it from BED...I'm so sorry about your cold...why do they always have to come during TOM??? :rolleyes:

Wow, TK, you have your hands full!!! Hope the youngest two feel much, much better soon. Have you tried a humidifier? There's always my MIL's trick...put all the kids in the bathroom, turn the shower on as hot as it will go, give the kids a big towel and instruct them to shove it under the crack in the door after you close it. Don't let them come out until they feel better. :lol3: DH says he has lots of memories of being closed in their steambath of a bathroom and yelling, "Moooo-om, can we come out yet???"

Pacer, I haven't tried yoga with my new pup, but our last one was just like yours. I used to do yoga with her in her kennel and she would give me such sad eyes! :sorry: You could always check out "Yoga for You and Your Dog... (http://www.dogadog.com/)" Glad you and your family are okay. :hug:

Tina, I think the 3 year old might be able to do that walk. :) Might be worth trying it...glad you got out in the nice weather!

Love the new avatar, Bellaluna! I've never seen a thunder snowstorm, but I've heard of them. Must be incredible!!!

Me:
It's rainy and yucky here, too, but at least it's not that cold, right? :rain:

Off to the gym after work and then a quick dash home to put on street clothes and off to mass for Ash Wednesday. I guess I'll shower when I come home? Hope I don't put off the people in the pew near me! :lol:

I making dinner tonight--DH and I do the "fasting" thing for Ash Wednesday--only one big meal and little snacks throughout the day. So I'll have just a WW bean and cheese burrito for lunch (a little frozen one) and for dinner we'll have butternut squash and pear soup (I wish it had more protein, but it sounded yummmmmmy! :T ) with some Irish cheddar cheese and yummy WW bread. I think soup will be delicious on a day like this one!

My nutritionist didn't tell me if I lost or gained when I was there yesterday. Not sure if that's good (he forgot) or bad (I did so badly he didn't want to tell me?). He wants me to continue to avoid the scale--he thinks that it's bringing up some of my emotions about eating and weight and he wants us to deal with them. That's been a recurrent theme for the past week. Did anyone else see the Oprah special on weightloss surgeries for teens? They talked a lot about changing how we feel about food and our psychological addiction to it. One girl came on that had WLS in 1994. She's now 21 and realizes that she became an alcoholic after her surgery. She couldn't overeat to deal with things, so she started drinking. I was thinking, "but how did she drink enough to get drunk???" but it turns out, I guess, that people with gastric bypass get drunk much more quickly with a small amount of alcohol than the rest of us do--the alcohol just goes straight into their small intestine, basically, so it enters the bloodstream at a much higher level than it would if it were processed for a while in our stomach.

I know that I can handle not eating to cope, but what do I do instead to cope? And how do I deal with the real reasons why I'm coping in the first place? I'd love to hear about how any of you are dealing with the emotional/psychological piece of losing weight. Does anyone have any good resources they can recommend? I'm all ears! :listen:

Have a great day everyone! For those of you who celebrate, have a blessed Ash Wednesday.

GONNABE165
02-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Tammie I hope you get some rest tonight

SA glad your diner went well. :cp: for your dh

Laurie sorry but I have no advice for coping with loosing weight seems since I've been going tru all this other stuff I can't focus on loosing guess thats why I keep going up & down on the scale. Good luck with the nutristionist.

tammie00
02-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Laurie-Maybe try journaling. I know in the past just sitting down and writing what I was feeling helped a lot. As far as during weightloss I don't know. I am an emotional eater. LOL I have always turned to food when I was happy, sad, glad, mad, you name it I ate because of it. Talking helps a lot but if it is private stuff maybe journaling would help.

beachgal
02-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Gonnabe, :hug: Everyone has times where things are just far too much for them to manage and try to be healthy, too. Just do "triage" until things are easier.

Great advice, Tammie! In fact, I've decided to make journaling for 10 mins. every day my Lenten commitment! (our priest emphasises that you can either give up something for Lent or you can add something...so I'm adding something) I think the really hard thing is that a lot of the time, I really don't know what I'm feeling. :shrug: I wish I did...but it seems that the feelings are too scary for me to even contemplate (which is why I want to drown them in food, I assume... :rolleyes: ). Does that ever happen to anyone? It's so frustrating, but it's also a very scary thought to go after those feelings. I was thinking about that yesterday when I saw something on TV where they said that once you decide to deal with the feeling, you suffer it for a while, but then it goes away...for good. You just have to ride it out. It's still a scary thought, though! SARK, one of my favorite authors, says you have to hold hands, take a flashlight, and examine your "dark" places. I wonder where I can get that kind of flashlight? :lol:

BTW, Tammie, I'm so happy for you that you discovered and made such awesome choices at dinner last night! :cp: Yay for you!!! :high: I think drinking a "decadent" coffee drink during dessert can really help you avoid feeling deprived...so I think the cappucino was a GREAT idea!!! :woohoo:

GONNABE165
02-06-2008, 12:58 PM
I got an apt for the eye doctor for this saturday morning so my :crossed: that maybe the headaches are due to needing a stronger eyeglass perscription.

KO
02-06-2008, 02:11 PM
Hi Girls:
Ugh I've been in my mega funk between my lyrica induced swelling and just some wierd things with DH. THe DH stuff is getting better but My doc wants me to get compression stockings for my swollen legs (so sexy!)
I'm going to try to WATP today
and journaling those are my goals for lent. I Can't go to get ashes today the weather is too iffy to go out.
Went to DH's parent's church last night for shrove tuesday it's small but nice it was his dad's birthday.
I gotta go get off my butt!
Kier

GONNABE165
02-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Hi Kier I hope you get to feeling better soon

at lunchtime I tried one of those cocoa via chocolate drinks (my boss bought them for us to try) the taste wasn't bad but the calories 150 for small bottle and 24g sugar - she said they are suppose to be healthy????

tammie00
02-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Yes, Laurie I have that same problem. Feel sad moody depressed and you have no idea why. I was like that last week. My hubby kept asking what is wrong thinking he did something wrong because since I was so moody I kinda snapped at him a few times. It is hard to explain to someone that you don't know why you feel the way you do and it isn't their fault. I know with me it was that time of the montha nd I had just started phase 1. I know that even if I can't verbalize what is wrong I can sit at the computer and just type and all that I am feeling comes out. If I try and go back and read it it is all jumbled but after I write it I feel so much better. Of couse last week the pizza made me feel better but I don't want to turn to food anymore. So I think I will join you in the journaling. I can't journal in a notebook though. MY OCD kicks in and if looks sloppy I tend to stop and rewrite and then a whole nother set of problems happen. So I type my journaling. LOL I can do that with my eyes closed!!!

Tammie

TechieGrrl09
02-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Frankly, this weeks sucks and I can't wait for it to be over. I am so glad that I get to see how everyone else is doing. It is nice and relaxing to sit down everyday and read all the threads.

The weather here is crazy! The wind hasn't stopped blowing, but I must admit that it isn't raining and the sun is shining and it is kind of warm. So, I guess it is nice. My puppies have been going crazy though. And there wasn't much sleep to be had with the storming all night long.

When I got back from class for my break, I let the puppies outside for a few minutes to play while I got myself organized. I usually stay outside with them to keep an eye on them because they are so young. I stepped inside for 3 minutes, literally, and when I called them from the back door these crazy looking mud balls came running in. I was in shock and didn't know what was going on! They had been digging and rolling in a mud puddle in the yard that formed from last night's rain. They were covered in mud! Then they ran around the house and before I could catch them there was mud everywhere. Needless to say, I have just finished washing both the dogs, mopping, cleaning the carpet, and finally getting to eat some lunch. Sheww. Next time I will be a little wiser and never leave them unattended. Am I a bad mom or what! :)

I hope all is well with everyone today. I am off to class soon for a few more hours and I hope I won't get blown away!

bellaluna
02-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Tammie, that was really good advice about the journaling. I've been journaling forever (and your observation about rewriting...well, let's just say I Get What You Mean...it took me probably 15 years to be able to scribble something out, too). It definitely helps to write things out, and I love to go back and re-read them. Admittedly, I haven't been doing the pen-and-ink route so much lately because I'm so antsy to get to the forums. Not sure if that's a good thing or not! :lol: I love the community here but my journal entries are lookin' pretty sparse these days.

Tn: Crazy pups! Why do they always do things like that? (Mine always accomplished at least one huge mud incident.) Am sure that you were so very frustrated but in a few years, it will seem funny, right? :hug:

This week is just plain insane around here, too. Ready for it to be over. But, in the meantime, this is kinda fun for a hump day...what's your hippie chick name? Blossom here.

Your Hippie Chick Name Is:

http://www.blogthingsimages.com/hippiechicknamegenerator/girl.gif

Blossom

Hippie Chick Name Generator

http://www.blogthings.com/hippiechicknamegenerator/

GONNABE165
02-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Bella that was cute - My hippie chick name is Daydream

Went to see Juno and it was a very short & cute movie

Hope everyone is safe in sound tucked away in bed - good night

bellaluna
02-07-2008, 01:15 AM
Daydream is a lovely name!! :)

Would you recommend Juno? Have heard great things about it but will have to wait until it comes out on DVD (hard to the theater these days with my young'uns).