South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/163/150

Height: 5"4'

Unhappy Fell off plan - Need to get back with it. Suggestions/motivation greatly appreciated!

A close relative commited suicide and died last week and needless to say it shook me up.

As hard as it was I stayed on mostly on plan and as of my last day of Phase 1I lost almost 5lbs and my clothes were fitting better!

Then the weekend rolled around and I went to spend the weekend with my parents. I drank entirely too much and ate almost completely off plan. I'm trying to get back on track today but it's difficult.

This Wednesday was supposed to be the last day of Phase 1 for me. I can't decide if I should try to finish out the next few days on PH1 and then move to Phase 2 or start all over again with Phase 1.

I want this to work for me and I don't want to let my little slip up ruin it for me.

Thanks for letting me vent and for any advice you give!
Shesaninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #2  

Thanks Bella!
That's what I was thinking about doing but wanted some opinions.
Great job on your weight loss! You are doing great.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

First let me say I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Don't let your slip get you down, we all struggle at times and the best thing to do is pick yourself up, dust yourself off and say today is a new day. As far as starting P1 over again what you may want to do it extend it a week and see how you feel, are the cravings gone, etc.

I'm sure the other chicks will have some great advice, we have all had our struggles at times and we learn from each other. Welcome to the beach, you have joined a great group of gals who are here for you through thick and thin!
Pacergal29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/212/160

Height: 5'8"

I am sorry for your loss. I also want to say congratulations on your weight loss. Basically, you are a few days behind where you want to be. To me, that's no big deal. I wouldn't even say you've fallen off, like you said. I think you are still with it or you wouldn't have even posted asking for help! Pat yourself on the back, and figure out a meal plan. You are doing just fine.
only1naked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 164/156/123

Height: 5'2

I, too am sorry for your loss. How devastating.

Just get back on track as best you can. I fall off all the time
(yesterday ate the crust off a pc of banana pie)
I did not want to walk last night and neither did DH but after
5 min look at ea other and said lets do it, and only lasted 26 min
but it felt good. Today I did about 40 min at mall during lunch.

Every day's a new day and challenge. I do find when I drink, I tend
to eat more of the bad stuff. thats always a challenge, but I will
keep trying! Pat yourself on the back for any accomplishment!
SAnativegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:30 PM   #6  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Sorry for your loss

I found myself in your shoes the end of Sept/beginning of Oct when I lost my aunt and then 11 days later I lost my dad. Do a week of pahse 1 to rid you of all those cravings and then slowly gointo phase 2. You'll do fine just be sutre to keep posting in here and we will help you through it.
GONNABE165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:41 PM   #7  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile You are not alone on this shesaninja

As I have shared before, I began Phase One on January 1st. 10 days into that I ran out of groceries. I had lost 4 lbs up until then but I had no choice but to go off plan. I got paid on the 15th so I went right into Phase Two and I continued to lose.

Since then I have had to go off the plan for a day and as long as 2 1/2 because I ran out of groceries. I don't know if any one else is having this problem but I seem to be.

I too am dealing with a lot right now. My mom went in for cancer surgery on January 15th and two days afterwards she suffered a major stroke and is now unresponsive but alive. I have had to be the "cheerleader" for my sister and only sibling and Dad because they had "given up hope". I always say, "Where there is life, there is hope." She is scheduled for another risky side surgery (perforated bowel) today. I can not honestly say whether she will live or die.

I almost had my only car repossessed this past Friday. We had it repossessed for a week 16 mnoths ago so I was sweating that one. No small stuff since my DH needs it for work! Luckily, they were open to negotiating and I gave them everything but $50 so I could buy groceries. Again, this diet is really expensive for me right now.

My nephew and godson, my sister's son, was scheduled for thyroid surgery this past Friday but because we thought Mom had taken yet another turn for the worst, it was cancelled. We are hoping the tumor is not cancer.

His younger sister (again my poor sister's daughter) keeping fainting and now they believe it is the cause of head trauma. Her brain stops telling her heart to beat and she faints multiple times during the day. We are waiting to hear on what the doctors will do about that.

On top of all of that, we are heavily in debt, which we are paying off slowly. And my only daughter told me she is in the process of becoming a man. If this all wasn't so tragic I would laugh. Who needs tv when you've got all of this going on??

This is the worst possible time for me to be dieting! Having said that though when would be a good time to follow my plan? Life is not perfect. Sometimes, it just plain sucks! There is no good time, my friend. Life is going to come at us one way or another. I can chose to follow my plan to the best of my ability through this all or I can eat myself back up to even a higher weight than I was before.

Take time to grieve but also take time to take care of yourself. Staying on plan will help you be strong enough physically to deal with the emotional part. I have eaten a few meals when I was not hungry but I ate them. I have NOT eaten though to ease my sorrow or pain. I cried. I talked. Just don't get the two confused and you will be alright.

You are in our prayers
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:02 PM   #8  

Thanks so much for the support and words of kindness everyone. It's so great to know that I'm not the only one going through problems right now.

Gonnabe and Pamatga I'm so sorry to hear about your losses and hard times you are both having.

I decided that I'm going to do another 7 days of PH1 to clean up my eating and then slowly move on to PH2. I'm also going to start working out again. Hopefully that will give me a boost!

I'm near tears because of how sweet you ladies are. Thanks again.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

wow...HUGS to all y'all!
I've been struggling this past week myself. but now I'm feeling better, my issues are merely financial!
I wish I could just hug and squeeze you super tight!
It's great to have a forum like this, where you know no matter what is going on in your life someone can be there to help you pick yourself up and dust you off!
tina
PHinsUP! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:59 AM   #10  

I'm doing a little better today, thanks for asking!

I went grocery shopping last night and got myself a bunch of food to get me through the next week. That helped boost my motivation although I do have to admit all that Valentine's candy was screaming at me.
I do find it funny that Albertson's has their "healthy food" section RIGHT next to the seasonal candy section.

Thanks again (and again) for the kind words and reassurance that I'm not doing this alone!

Old 02-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #11  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamatga View Post

This is the worst possible time for me to be dieting! Having said that though when would be a good time to follow my plan? Life is not perfect. Sometimes, it just plain sucks!
This sounds strange, but it's probably the BEST time for you to "diet". With all you have going on, you need to take care of you FIRST so you can be there for everyone else and be strong in mind and body. Keeping you in my thoughts and wishing you stregnth to handle it all.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote