Old 02-05-2008, 10:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Taking ownership in an awful day yesterday.

I ate everything I could get my fat hands on! I am stressed to the max at work, ( I work in a tax acctg firm and it's our busy season ) I started out good by eating a pear for breakfest, then I had 4 peices of chocolate. Someone in the office had a birthday, so the office paid for lunch, I had this ham, turkey and swiss cheese thing, then proceeded to have 2 big peices of red velvet cake with 2 inch butter cream frosting. ugh, I'm so dissapointed in myself. I didn't eat dinner bc I really wasn't hungry, I'm sure the amount of calories I ate hours before was due to that.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:22 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Today is a new day. Good for you owning up to your choices. Now, back on track.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:28 AM   #3  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile Borntofly recall your moniker you have chosen here

You chose the username Borntofly for a reason I am assuming. Either you feel you were born to fly or you are hoping to one of these days. Yes, you landed on earth and got your feet dirty. The key is not having fallen down. We all do and will eventually no matter how "good" we are in following our plan. The crucial point is dusting ourselves off and then getting right back on plan.

My situation is different but I am struggling to stay OP as well. I have been going through some awful financial struggles and part of the reason is my own fault. I too had to take ownership of that, share that responsibility with my DH since it affects him too and then move on from that. I was able to find a remedy to get caught up on our bills but again I face the fact that it was compulsive overspending that also got us in that predicament. Did I say I am also a recovering compulsive overspender.

Learn from your mistakes. Tax season won't be over until April 15th or a little later. You still have a couple of month's before you can breathe easier. Brainstorm and figure out how you can handle the next several months without going off your Plan. Neither of us can UNDO what we did even a half hour ago but looking to the next minute, hour, day, week, month---now, that is something we can do something about.

I have been having problems staying OP because I keep running out of groceries and then I have to "make do" with whatever is left (which sometimes isn't much). It has kept me yo-yoing up and down the same 4 lbs for the past couple of weeks. Once I get this extra money to get caught up with my overdue bills I can then buy all of the groceries that I need to continue to follow my plan to the letter. I will also admit that it has been hard to stick to my plan even when I have half of what I need to do so. It is so easy and tempting to say "to heck with it" but I have lost over 30 lbs since last fall and this is not the time to quit!

So, here is to a new day and a better tomorrow. You can do it!
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Acknowledging and moving on is very important. Try to have a better breakfast - a pear isn't very filling. A pear + chocolates would also put me on the carb craving bus, big time.

Something that really helped me (since I also worked in an office where food was freely offered constantly) was to say to myself very firmly "no food at work unless I bring it." When people offered me food, it was very black/white, I could say no easily because mentally I knew "I don't eat that."

Since I hit maintenance I have loosened up on that a little, but it really really helped me lose weight, to make temptations/decisions easier. I didn't eat candy, fast food, sugary soda, packaged baked goods, food at work. No thinking or being tempted allowed. Just no.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I agree, don't beat yourself up. learn and move on.
Sounds like you got caught up in the carb induced craving cycle.
I don't agree that you started out well, I find a good breakfast is the best tool to help me get through the day successfully. I am not a big breakfast eater, but I have taught myself to eat in the morning. How about some oatmeal, eggs, turkey bacon, even a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread? You need some protein and some bulk to get your motor going, then you will be less tempted by other things the rest of the day. The ham/turkey/swiss thing would have been fine if it was on whole grain and not a lot of added fat. It's just the sweets that got you! I feel your pain, I've been there too. Today is a new day and you can be on plan today! I'm sure being faced with temptations at the office is very tough.
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:44 AM   #6  

Sending hugs to you! We all have days like that. The important thing is to start over immediately, not next week, or Monday or whatever!

Best of luck today-
Sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:06 AM   #7  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

I agree with Suzie! Boy do I EVER have days like that!?!?

But, to me, owning up to it is the first step toward hopping back on the wagon. Try to forget about yesterday's choices--they're gone and you can't take them back. Stare at today only, and put yesterday out of your mind! Every day is a clean slate, right. You can do it!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I too do the only eat at work what I bring in myself thing. It soon becomes second nature and the people I work with don't even ask me now. Sure it felt strange at first saying 'no' to the birthday cake, but not anymore.

I agree with others that 1 pear for breakfast is not enough. I don't have time in a morning to do a cooked breakfast but for me a fruit smoothie which includes yogurt is enough to keep me going.

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #9  
Losing the weight in 2008

S/C/G: 258/ticker/160

Height: 5'8

I agree with all the previous posters! You own it, and then you move on! Blowing one day doesn't blow the whole week! We have all had those days.
Healthy Mama is offline   Reply With Quote