Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat # 287

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat # 287

Marti
02-05-2008, 02:54 AM
Hello and :welcome2: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support :grouphug: and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting.:gossip: So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.:yes:

tommysgirl18
02-05-2008, 03:59 AM
just a quick post before I head off to bed......

I did just sit down and go through the exercise programs on OnDeman, and wrote down a list of stuff that interested me and that doesn't expire on Tuesday! So, I will be working out to them soon!! Tommy has lodge on Tuesday night, and so I am not sure how long before he will get home, but I will try like heck to get it done before he gets home!

Shopaholic1204
02-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Morning everyone :wave:

I didnt sleep very well last night. Then dh woke me up too early, and I keep feeling a panic attack trying to come on, so I'm trying my hardest to avoid it. So far so good. I did have 2 panic attacks in my sleep the on sat. It sucks. Then to top it off, AF is late!!!! Sorry if thats TMI, but I'm so confused about my cycle. According to my ovulation tracker, its supposed to start on the 27th..And when I counted on the calander, I was supposed to start on the 2nd. It's so weird, I dont get it!! I bet she'll show her ugly face at the worst time too!!! LoL!

Anyhoo, I think I lost my workout buddy..I havent heard from her in awhile, lol. Plus, over the weekend..we found a Panda Express in Tacoma..and drove way out of our way just to go there, lol. The last time we had Panda Express was back in Aug in Az!! Needless to say, it was well worth the wait. I'm in love with orange chicken!! Its sad, but true, lol. I soooooooooooo need to start working out again. I think I'm gonna change it up and do Carmen Electra's Striptease dvd. I tried to do the bellydancing dvd that I have..but it hurt way too much and it was a little boring..lol.

Well, I've rambled long enough...I'm gonna go back to the bedroom and get warm. TTYL!!

pattygirl63
02-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Good Morning Ladies

Quick fly by. I did get up around 9 am. DH is sick this morning. I'm not sure if he ate something that set him off or if it is a stomach virus. So I probably won't be back on today.

Sassy sorry about your Mom and hope you get to feeling better.

Mindee good for you for getting no junk food. I have certain foods I don't bring into the house. I hope you get to feeling better.

Marti & Francie Hope you are feeling better today.

Hope everybody has a great day.

Hugs,
Trish

Marti
02-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Good Morning Ladies...

Feeling tired this morning. I didn't sleep soundly last night. I felt aware of ever noise the house made. I hate nights like that.

Mindee--When I get up earlier, I do the exercises on demand before work. But lately.....I just can't get up early enough.

Francie--Hope you're feeling better and the feeling of panic has subsided.

Trish--Hope your hubby starts feeling better. So many little bugs going around.....

Good morning to everyone else. I'm taking the cheap way out and catching up to this thread. My apologies, but it was to much to catch up on w/the other.

I have felt more busy this year than I did all year last year! Why is that? Time is already on "fast forward". Not sure when I'll get to feel relaxed.

Well I better hit the showers before work.....my hair is standing on end looking like Medusa!

Have a great Tuesday.

Jane
02-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Hi ladies,

Ellen - hope you got some good sleep. Why are they checking DD1's blood? Do they suspect something. She'll be in my prayers, just in case. :hug: Neal and I are thinking about taking a Spanish class before we go back to Mexico. Sounds fun to me!

Trish - I'm so behind on my housework! It just isn't a priority at all. I did get my ironing done yesterday, though.

Sassy - so sorry about what's happening to your mom. If your mom chose to leave the company, I do believe they'd have to accept small payments from her, if they even actually persued it. It would probebly cost them more than $1200. to force it. Since I'm not a lawyer, don't take my word for it, though.

Mindee - hope your gums and ears are feeling better. A big YAY for you, keeping junk foods out of the house. Tell Tommy I'm proud of him for reminding you in the store!

Marti - hope your tummy is feeling better by the time you read this.

Francie - hmmm.... are you preggers? Probably TOM is just a couple days late.

For reasons too long to explain, I didn't get to town this morning. Now I'm going to have to hurry to try and beat the second wave of storms heading my way.

Food is OP!

BBL,

vannh9
02-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Hello All--

I realized as I read through the theads that I have to get sign on more often--I am missing fun stuff!! I on Sunday and gained a half a pound -I then went and bought some Walking Shoes BUT---to make matters even worse I blew at the super bowl party--I ate whatever I wanted and now I know I gained at least 2 pounds (OK I might be exaggerating a bit) But I know you all get the point!!

I am commited to visiting at least everyother day. It is so hard to work, do homework and entertain ( I know --excuses:-)

Christina--Thanks for the suggestions on the WATP videos. I will check out the website. Can you purchase them at stores? I will say I was so disgusted when I got dressed this morning that I walked at lunch --an absolute 1st for me:-) Gotta start somewhere right?

Jane--thank you also for the tip on the WATP -I will certainly give it a try! And thank you for your kind words about my apprearance. I was just telling someone that it all about our own personal perceptions. I was just thinner--straigter hair or whatever. I do know I felt better physically and mentally when I was about 15lbs lighter. I would LOVE to be skinny:-) But at my age to think realistically I would just like to weight 145 (or so) But Thanks!

Sassy--Hello - I hope you are feeling better!

Trish- I have been eating way too much and the superbowl put me over the edge. I keep trying to remember what I did so differently a year ago that worked. It is so hard to stay OP. I am glad to know I am not alone and am committed to staying a bit more connnect to all of you guys!

Tammy, Francie, Marti, Mindee and all --Have a great day and thanks for being here!

Vann

FrouFrou
02-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Hello ladies...

VANN...you can buy the dvds at the store, I know Target and Wal-Mart carry them. Although, last I looked they were out of just about everything...first of the year ya know with everyone wanting to lose weight. But they should have some. Amazon has them too and I have ordered things from them on several occasions. You can get new or used. Good to see you posting.

JANE...poor Neal, I bet he did feel bad about the soot on the carpet. I would have had a cow, lol! Hope you guys don't get this awful weather we are supposed to get later.

MARTI...hope you are feeling better. WTG on the walking. :carrot:

MINDEE...stripper workout eh? I've heard you can get a good workout from them. Funny that Fancie mentioned Carmen Electra because I was going to say she has some dvd's...that's where I firtst heard about them. Good job on you WI and for passing on the junk food! :carrot:

ELLEN...hope the doctor visit goes well today. And hope DD feels better soon.

SASSY...sorry about the troubles with your moms job. :hug:

FRANCIE...I was thinking the exact same thing...maybe you are pregnant. Hope you are feeling better. I've had a few panic attacks and they are not fun at all. :hug:

HIYA TRISH, TAMMY, JULES, and SUE :wave:

Nothing much going on today. I feel like I am coming down with a cold. It's no wonder...this weather is weird. Yesterday it was 68, today...a whopping 27. We had a thunderstorm at 3:30'ish this morning and now, expecting snow to move in anytime, ugh! Wish it would make up it's mind...cold or warm. Anyway, got in 65 mns of exercise and am getting ready to do another 15 or 20. I never know until I get on the treadmill and start walking...sometimes I will do more so...did get a roast started in the crockpot...love crockpot cooking. So dinner is basically done...going to make some cornbread muffins later to go with it.

Have a good day!

Sassy_Chick
02-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Hey all,

Typing in Gray because its all gloomy and rainy here........:rain: This would be an awesome day to just stay in bed and watch movies or read a book ........*sigh* lol

Well I'm back to work.......:p I'm excited if you can tell........lol

Thank you all for your concerns on my mom and her job. I have not seen the contract she signed, so I have no idea about it, only what she told me. I was only venting before, thank you very much for your support. :)

Oh yeah our boss wants us to fill out a "Career Development" questionaire, about our goals and where we want to go, etc. What the he@! am I supposed to put down for that? "I hate it here and as soon I find another job I'm outta here?" lol. I don't want to stay here if I can help it. I don't want to be a supervisor or manager, I want the heck out of here! So what am I supposed to put down?? Any creative ideas here? lol.

Thank You all,

:hug:

tommysgirl18
02-06-2008, 12:40 AM
hello ladies....how are you all doing?

we got the van today!!!! It looks so nice outside.....Tommy needs to meet the guy that we bought it from again on Friday to get a new set of tires on it. They have two different sets (one brand on the front and another on the back), but the guy told Tommy that he would get him new tires. Now, I can't wait to go for a ride in it! Tommy's next day off is Friday.....but we have a plan of going up to my parent's house on Saturday for a surprise trip! My mom asked me to help her with her background on her myspace page, and I told her that I would help her change it the next time we make it up there, but that I wasn't sure when we would be up there next.

Francie~ It is funny that you mentioned the Carmen Electra dvd's. There are a couple of hers on OnDemand that I have on my list that I want to check out before they get taken off! (no pun intended there) I did one of her dvd's a long time ago, but I wasn't even close to being in the greatest of shape when I tried it.

Trish~ How are you doing on the ph balancing? I still have some articles saved that I haven't had a chance to read yet.....but then again, I have a lot of weight loss articles saved to my bookmarks, that I need to go through!

Marti~ I try to do my exercises after Tommy and the kids go to bed. BUT I just read in my All You Magazine that it takes the body 6 hours to calm down after a workout in order to fall asleep......so I am going to be making the changes in order to get to bed sooner, so I can get the workouts done in the morning. Usually Marissa will get up first, and then go back to sleep (which is generally what I do). But I need to get on a better sleep schedule so that I can switch things up and have more energy during the days!

Jane~ They are feeling better......but they have their days. I am very proud of Tommy for reminding me while we were in the store about not buying junk food! Now, I need to work out getting on a better sleep schedule and drinking more water, and we will be in good shape!

Vann~ How are you doing?

Cristina~ I actually went looking for workout dvd's just after the new year and got really frustrated because I couldn't find any! Now, that you mentioned it......it was because every one else was buying them to try and stick to their new year's resolutions!

Sassy~ I hope the weather starts to perk up for you! Heck, I want the weather to start to perk up for all of us! I am at a loss as what to write on the survey.

FrouFrou
02-06-2008, 01:24 AM
Hiya Sassy and Mindee :wave:

Sassy...no idea what to put. Maybe the company is trying to get a feel for the ones that don't like their job, lol. I always hated questionaires and just put anything down if I didn't want to be there, lol!

Mindee...woohoo, a new van and your first trip in your van! Does your mom know you guys got it or is that going to be a surprise? I don't know about the workout info...I think everyone is different. I say that because I can walk right before bed or a couple of hours before and I sleep like a baby! But I know some people that it keeps them awake so...what do I know, I am no expert at any of this stuff, lol. Just doing what works for me.

I've been going to bed early the last few nights and waking up at 2:30-3:30'ish so thought I would try going to bed later in the hopes of sleeping thru the night. Of course it doesn't help that I have a cold now, ugh! Don't know where I got it from, just this weird weather I guess. :dunno: Anyway, just thought I would stop by and say HI!

tommysgirl18
02-06-2008, 03:56 AM
Cristina~ Well, she knows that we got into the accident and that we have been looking for a van. But she doesn't know that we got a new one.....nor does she know that we are coming up this weekend to see them! I really need to start heading to bed early......so I can switch it up and do my exercising in the morning so that I can jump start my metabolism!

Shopaholic1204
02-06-2008, 04:50 AM
Hey Ladies!! Hope all is well...although, I bet everyone is asleep, lol. I'm soooooooooo bored right now. I dont wanna go to bed alone. Dh is on watch right now, so he can't email me. It sucks. I'm watching really bad rap videos on Mtv Hits. Where did all the good rappers go?!?! Dre needs to come back!! LoL!! What happened to all the good music?? Ugh, Vh1 Classic is playing sucky music too. Eww even Fuse has bad music!!! Wow, this really sucks!!!! LOL!!

I doubt I'm pregnant, I'm not that lucky. But I do have serious baby fever.

okay..i'm gonna stop rambling and try to chill out in the bedroom. anything is better than this bad music.

nighty nite everyone!!!

upswife
02-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Good morning Ladies!!!

THE weather here is yucky to say the least. No snow yet, the have pushed it off for a few more hours, but it is rainy/sleeting and windy. I just went out to put the garbage out and now I want to curl up with my book and a few blankets...Planning on hitting the gym this morning, painting the girls room, and between coats taking wallpaper down in DS' room. DH is still sleeping, and I am having intestinal issues (TMI) so we will see if we make it out the door. Really hoping to get the room done tho, so maybe I will convince him to saty in and do it this morning.

Francie~I remember the days of finding it hard to sleep with DH gone, Eventually you will get used to it...I still don't like it, but now I can fall asleep.

Cristina~yeah the exercise thing is very personal...I can work out late, but it will take me about an hour or two to settle down. I know with working out in the morning, or early afternoon, I feel way more tired by bedtime.

Sassy~Very grey here too. I don't like this weather either. I would ask why the survey is neccesary...and if it is just say that you are content with how things are. No need to make things worse by saying you hate the job.

Mindee~Have fun on your trip up to see your mom...I bet the new van is wonderful! Who hoo on the new tires

Jane~They are checking for anemia...ever since she was a baby she would eat everything...and she started to eat things that she is not supposed to again. I am sure things will be fine, just wanted to check to be sure.

Martie, Vann & and everone else~ :wave: and :grouphug:

Jane
02-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Vann - I'm glad you plan to be here more often. It really helps me to be here often, plus, I like to see what my friends are up to. If you have trouble getting the WATP videos locally, you might want to try Amazon. We have a link here that gives 3FC a small portion of the money spent to help run the site. Just a thought.

Cristina - sorry you're getting a cold. As you said, the ups and downs with the temps is just crazy, and making everyone sick. We did have horrible storms and wind last night.

Sassy - I'd tell the truth, in a helpful tone, on the questionaire, and be specific on what you think could be changed. I used to be in management, and I always liked it when someone came to me and calmly stated what he/she thought needed attention. The people out there doing the jobs know a lot more of what's really going on than management. Just a thought.

Mindee - will you be getting your license? Then you can get out of the house w/o the kids and let Tommy take over once in awhile. Congrats again on the van! I'm very happy for you guys.

Francie - I miss Neal, too, when one of us is gone at night. He tosses, turns, snores, and farts, but I still like him to be there, lol. :lol:

Ellen - you're a good mama!

I've been working on the wedding reception details already today, and have more calls to make later. Also, Mt. Washmore beckons, lol.

Have a good day, ladies!

FrouFrou
02-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Hello ladies...

ELLEN...so what color are you painting? Hopefully, you can get all you want to get done today done! Hey, painting and taking wallpaper down IS a workout!

MINDEE...such a nice surprise...your momma will love the visit from you guys! How far are you guys from her? Sorry, if you mentioned it before, I can't remember things, lol.

JANE...hopefully, you guys didn't get the tornadoes...just saw and heard that this morning. We woke up to thunderstorms yesterday which was weird because the snow was supposed to be here...it came later and thank goodness it is melting away!

FRANCIE...I know what you mean about MTV and VH1...I remember when MTV actually showed music, lol! I swear it seems like all that's on is reality shows anymore...where's the music?! DD and I were talking about the rap music and how awful it is now...no good stuff. Sorry you are missing DH. :hug:

HIYA SASSY, JULES, SUE, VANN, TAMMY, TRISH, MARTI and everyone else! :wave:

Just getting laundry done today...feeling to icky to do anything else.

Sassy_Chick
02-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Hi Ladies.

Still a grey day here. Very windy and colder too......:brr:
We went to pick up our car from the dealer, it had an oil change done and when I was leaving to come to work, I was very close to being in an accident. This dude zips out in front of me, I am so thankful that I have good breaks!!! :o

Then get to work, have a "nice" little email from my boss that my drs note was not good enough, I need another one. :rolleyes: He wants one with dates, where I can understand that, I have seen that he lets others get away with less -- like no note at all and he is also not letting me use my "floating holiday" from MLK day for yesterday, so that means I won't get paid for yesterday.......and again he has let his "Favorites" do it....But anyways...........

Mindee -- thanks I think its only supposed to get colder here, with a chance of snow on the weekend.......crazy weather. lol. :congrat: on the new van!! I maintain my mom's myspace site for her, she has no clue nor any patience for it, so she lets me do it. lol.

Cristina -- yeah I am not sure what my boss is up too, if its him, I guess it could be mandated from the co. Have to ask other co-workers who have different bosses if they got one too.

Ellen -- I like your idea about the job survey. I am going to just put it off until he says I have to fill it out then I can ask why. lol.

Jane -- TY for the idea and if I had a "normal" boss, I'd say that would be a great idea, but my boss is not normal. He plays favorites and lets just say I am definitely not one of them. If I told him the truth, he'd find a way to get back at me for it, that is how he is. So I try to not "ruffle any feathers" so my work life is a bit easier.

Needless to say I defintely have to get out of here. I am thinking about even going to work at a grocery store or something to get the heck out of here. I am just so tired of all the BS. We all keep hoping that it will all catch up with our boss, but it seems like he can do whatever he pleases without any negative consequences. :p I just don't know how much longer I can take it. My time limit has already expired to the amount of time I gave for changes to be made, but I keep hoping that things will change, ya know??? UGH..........Anyways, sorry to vent, just frustrated, as usual..........

So sorry that I always complain about my job, I am working on finding something else though, because this isn't healthy, to be so miserable all the time. I'd rather be making minimum wage if it meant I was happier.......Thanks so much for all your kind words and support.......

Well all I have "bigger fish to fry" now. My boss called me stating I need to have my dr fill out the FMLA form or basically I am sc**wed. I am sure my dr will do it for me, but he also stated he went to HR about it and that is what they suggested. I can't really get mad over it because its all correct because of how my co. is on attendance and all, so I have to do what I have to do.

I am not even worrying now about the stupid survey. I may not need it if I don't work here anymore!!! lol. I am surprised that my boss did not make me leave because technically my drs note did not say when I could return to work, so I think that is a big no-no, but at least I am getting paid, so that is all I care about right now.

tommysgirl18
02-07-2008, 03:21 AM

nothing new on this end. I did have a very productive Wednesday! I called about a local book program where they come to the house with books and activities for the kids (like the nutrition program) and it is to help get them ready for school. Right now it is just set up for single parents, but they have put paperwork in to make it for couples with kids as well. So, I have to call back in June. Brandon goes on Friday at 11am for his speech evaluation! I am so excited about that because then we can finally see where things stand, and then take the next step.

Francie~ That is how I am.....I can't sleep unless Tommy is in bed with me. But I find that since he leaves for work, and I can stretch out in bed without having to push him over to make more room!

Ellen~ Did you get every thing done that you wanted to? My next BIG project that I want to do is to go through all four tubs of the kids toys and get rid of the ones that they don't play with anymore. Their pediatrician's office is taken donations of toys, so we might take them there. But I was just thinking that if we take them there and they see them then they are going to want to take them home. So, maybe donating them to Salvation Army or something like that would be a better idea! How are you feeling?

Jane~ Actually, you are the third person to ask me about getting my license. I have always been razzed about not having one, and I have really been thinking about it, so I am sure that I will get it. As far as Tommy taking the kids for a while without me near by.......he doesn't have the patience for it! He is like his dad.......he has no patience what so ever for pretty much anything. BUT he is getting better with it. Have they set a date for getting married, and then surprising you guys?

Cristina~ They live two hours away from us! No problem for asking again....I have had many days like that! In fact, I have been asking my friend from school about things with her new boyfriend the past couple of days, and she told me about a month ago about him!

Sassy~ How are you doing? I hope the weather breaks soon! I hate the cloudy greyness that has been around us too! And it seems like we are just going to be getting more chances for snow in the days to come!

jules1216
02-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi all! Sorry I have been MIA. I don't know where to begin. Today is hubby's birthday and we are suppossed to go out. There are some old mineral spring baths in a little town close by--George Washington visited there...impressive huh..then he wants to go get pizza at the little place we found on our way home from the motorcycle show.

Work is busy as usual, the new girl(who just turned 59 on Monday!) is picking up speed on the entry. I have always said that the job takes a good 6 months to get comfortable with. Another of the ladies has tendonitis in her right elbow. I am hoping she heals fast--she really likes the therapist she is going to.

Weight/diet wise--I am not losing but I guess on the bright side--I am not gaining. I have to do something--I don't like where I am. The antibiotic did kick the cold out of me so I am feeling better. Just still really tired from whatever it was I had.

Ryan is not moving to Eugene in April. His friend is getting married and it looks like they will be coming back here. His other friend is moving to Portland in the summer and said Ry could move with him. Truthfully I can see him getting along better with Adam than David. Ryan has grown so much since he and David were friends and Adam is more into the creative writing and has the same philosophical views that Ry does.

Dominic is sick--he has a little cold and a slight ear infection. We took him up to Becky's since she will watch him some when Teri goes back to work. little Henry was getting over his cold but must have had enough to give it to the baby. He is doing better and is suprisingly not fussy. He does want to be held alot.

Teri is heartbroken. Dave went out about a week ago and was suppossed to be at his friends house. Another friend came by and he went to the bar and got really drunk. When the first friend came back to pick him up at the bar, the car stopped and Dave decided to get into the drivers seat and see if he could get it started (turns out the transmission went out and it wasn't going anywhere) The police pulled up at that time and Dave got arrested for DUI, unfortunately he was on probation from a previous charge which would have been finished next month so this was a violation. He went to his probation officer yesterday and was taken to jail. They find out in 10 days how long he will have to stay in. Needless to say Teri is devastated. Dave has been getting better in alot of areas, its just apparent that he can't drink. He does help with the baby so much. Thats the one thing that makes me not dislike him completely. Teri is going to spend the weekend here with us--Dave wants her to stay with his parents but she just doesn't feel comfortable there. I feel bad for her, but there are things about Dave I have never liked and those things change briefly but he always reverts back to them. I am trying to keep quiet but a big part of me hopes that she will see that she could do so much better. She's so much smarter than to pick the guys she does. I can't figure it out.

Well that's my stressful life...sorry to write a book.

upswife
02-07-2008, 09:37 AM
OK ladies...what a day! So tired this morning. We did get the girls room painted, and about 2/3's of the wall paper down. Today we have to put the girls room back together, and finish the wallpaper in DS room. Also would like to paint his room as well. Oh, I do have to paint the girl's closet, but that shouldn't take too long. Well, I know DH wants to get started early, so I am off...becuse of the housework, I probably won't make it to the gym again this week...:( Oh well..see you ladies later!

Jane
02-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Good morning, ladies,

Cristina - hope you're feeling better today. Don't yout think there's been an unusually large amount of sickness this winter? Seems like everyone I know was sick, is sick, or is getting sick. Hurry up, Spring!

Sassy - yep, I hope you find a new job. I used to have a boss that played favorites with the "party" girls. Ugh! Since he owned the place, I had no one to complain to.

Mindee - the book program sounds great! We have a program called Head Start around here for preschoolers, to get them ready for Kindergarten. Not sure if it's a national thing or not. I sure do hope you get your license. You'll never be sorry that you did.

Jules - so good to hear from you! I've been wondering how things are going. Yes, it's hard to keep our opinions to ourselves about some things, isn't it? I do real well with staying out of Mary and Dale's business, but sometimes it's very hard! Neal has heard me rant about Dale many, many times, lol. I have to admit the guy is finally growing up.

Ellen - I'd say painting and wallpapering is some pretty good exercise. Share some photos of the rooms when they're done, if you want.

The carpet cleaner guy has been here and gone. Thankfully, it will be dry in a couple of hours and I can (ok, Neal can) get the furniture moved back in. My knee is still messed up, and I don't want to twist it.

I'm doing well with the food, still, and pray everyday that I continue down this path. Although I haven't lost much yet, I feel a lot better.

Have a good one!

Marti
02-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Quicky here ladies...

Feeling icky (still!!) and just haven't had the energy to get online and post.

I'm hoping I can spend some time this weekend and catch up.

I better get ready for work.......dragging my feet!

Hugs to you all.

pattygirl63
02-07-2008, 03:25 PM
A quick run by here JL's to say "Hello" :)I think I got whatever DH had and didn't make it to the beauty shop yesterday. Had to change the oppointment to next Tuesday afternoon.

Jules - good to hear from you. I agree with Jane it is difficult to keep quiet some times. You are doing good. Hope th baby gets to feeling better and you get your strength back.

Sassy - Sorry about the mess going on with your job. Hope you can find a new one soon.

Ellen - I do believe you are getting your exercise with all that painting and wallpapering your doing.

Jane - So sorry to hear about your knee. Do be careful and take it easy. I am not sure my my upset stomach a virus or taking so much Advil for my knee. I only took 2 at night, but it could have finally caught up with me. Laying off of it for a few days to see. Hope your knee is better soon.

Mindee - I think I read where you asked about the ph diet. I didn't do it. It is mostly raw veggies mostly vegan. I'm not interested in doing all that work. I did all the juicing and stuff like that years ago. I did lose weight and felt good, but I'm trying to find ways to stay out of the kitchen not get me into all the time doing all that juicing and then cleaning up a juicer is just more than I want to do. I think eating my steamed veggies and eating fruit instead of drinking it is just as healthy. Just MHO. I'm still reading the IE book and using combo of healthy eating. Right now not losing or gaining which is not bad. Main thing I don't want to do is go back to stuffed full feeling. I want to learn to eat till satisfied. Lost weight real easy doing that one time. Lucky for me DH is not a big eater. We don't necessarily have to eat the same thing at the same time. He eats when he is hungry and I am learning to do the same... not by the clock.

Cristina, Marti, Francie, Vann, Sue and anyone else I missed - I hope you are all doing well.

Y'all all have a great day!!!

:hug:,
Trish

FrouFrou
02-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Just a quickie ladies, sorry.

Feeling bad today, and really grouchy!

HUGS JULES & MARTI! :hug:

Will chat more tomorrow. Have a good day!

tommysgirl18
02-08-2008, 04:19 AM

nothing new on this end.....I am just really anxious/excited/nervous about Brandon's evaluation. On one hand I want to know if there is something wrong and then we can make a plan, but on the other hand I am nervous that there is something that could have been prevented in any way. (I am sure that this is all not necessary, but a mom's mind goes there when something is wrong with her child)

I am also contemplating getting my hair cut shorter then what it is now. I am thinking of going either chin length or a little shorter. more then likely, it will be chin length with a face frame around the face (doh! maybe that is why it is called "face framing?")

Jules~ It is good to hear from you! Sorry to hear that Dominic is sick and that Teri is heartbroken. I am sure that I will have plenty of heart broken youngsters in my future......but as a mom, you want to help either take the pain away or prevent it. (did that make sense?)

Jane~ I am sure that I won't regret it. I just regret that I didn't finish out the graduated program back when I was 18. I had my permit and all it took was almost making a 7-11 a drive thru and the reaction I got from Tommy since he was in the passenger seat at the time.

Ellen~ You are one productive woman! Although, I want to say that all the work with painting/moving furniture and all that goes down as exercise!

Marti~ I hope you feel better soon!

Trish~ Yup that was me that asked about the ph diet. I agree with you 100% on the eating until satisfied. I have just since Monday figured out how to do that.....as well as eating three meals and two snacks...and drinking my water! And by doing so, I have already lost 3 pounds since I weighed in on early Sunday. So, I am doing something right!

jules1216
02-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Mindee-I really am beginning to believe that the heartache you feel when you watch you kids go through something is worse than anything you go through yourself!! I did a really short hair cut and now am growing it out more like it was before. What's the ph diet??

Cristina--hope you get to feeling better

Trish--I am glad that I am finally feeling better. Now we just have to get Dominic better. I am doing my best to keep quiet. It's always easier from the outside looking in to know what to do.

Marti--hope you are feeling better soon.

Jane--The waiting is killing Teri--the lawyer thinks that he can get his off of the DUI since several people saw hin get in the passenger side of the car when he left the bar and his friends statement to the police that night said Dave only got in the drivers seat to try to restart the car and get it off the road. The police had to actually help push it to get it to the side of the road. The thing that may do him in is that he was on probation which would have been finished in June and he is not to drink or go to bars. That could cost him a year.

Ellen-what colors are you painting??

I am off to play with the baby so Teri can sleep...

suetalks
02-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Morning gals...Like some of the rest of you I have been feeling grumpy. Now, I am also battling sinus pain and headache. On top of a week or two of down right depression. It's h**l, I tell ya.

Today I am doing a couple loads of laundry and not much else. DH even went to the grocery for me. He said I look like I feel miserable. Thanks alot! But, I really do, so how can I complain?
I have been doing a whole lot of nothing except reading and being lazy.

Yesterday I did take Mom to pick up some x-rays for her Mon. appt. We stopped for a few things at Wally World and to eat at Bob Evans. We both brought half of our lunch home and ate it for dinner as DH was gone for the day. I think I will have to cook tonight...but will see what DH brings home. :)

Otherwise, I talked to all 3 of my "brats" several times this week and everyone is well. DS has just 6 more hours and law school will be finished. Whew! A light at the end of the 5 year tunnel. DD in CA has a job interview this morn. and DD here is working on post prom for DGD and also busy with her church activities. I am baking 10 dozen cookies for her church tomorrow. Gads...I hope I feel better.

Mom has had a good week with no nausea, just still the constant pain. Hopefully we can get that addressed Mon. Her arm healed nicely from her fall last week.

So, other than ME, everyone is perking right along. And I will be doing the same here in a day or two. I just got the gray, winter doldrums and then this sinus thing whacked me. We haven't been here in the winter for so long that I forgot how depressing it all is.

Okay...I have rambled enough and my dryer is almost finished, so I better scoot. I will do indies as soon as I can.

Chin up everyone..."this too shall pass.":dance::dancer:

Jane
02-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Just a quick one....

Katie and Clint eloped today! More details later.

Sassy_Chick
02-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Hi Chicks :wave:

Well I slept mostly out in my recliner.........I was sleeping good too until someone's baby started crying. I guess they are correct when they say that women have that ability to hear crying babies and wake up, because I surely did and I was sound asleep! lol.Then I went to lie down in bed and someone kept banging a door, I was like, "forget it". lol.

DH said our boss was at work when he got there tonight. He signed the FMLA papers that I left for him and gave them to DH to hang on too until our Dr. gets his portion of it signed, DH called them and they said they have just been so swamped that they haven't gotten to them yet, DH told our boss and he was ok with it. I guess my boss is trying to look like "the hero" and like he is saving me by having me do this FMLA thing. Maybe he is, but I seriously doubt it, I guess he could have good intentions, but I just do not trust the little weasel!!! lol.

Jane -- First of all :congrat: to Katie and Clint!!! Yes I am definitely looking into a new job. I think that will help me tremendously. I just wish the little weasel would finally get his..........lol

Trish -- Thanks......

Hi Cristina :wave: Bye Cristina :wave: lol.

Mindee -- Ya know it was almost 50 degrees today and I did see the sun out, briefly before I went to bed. lol. And kids were outside roller blading with no coats on, so it couldn't have been too cold. ;)

Sue -- :hug: I hope things look up for ya. Glad your mom is doing better. I think I have the winter blahs too.

Hello to everybody else out there!!! :wave:

Well I again wanna say thanks, you all have once again made me feel much, much better. ;)

upswife
02-08-2008, 10:57 PM
OK ladies!!! We have been on a roll!!!The girls room is all done...I still have to go thru toys, but everything else is back in place!! Ben's roon is done too, and I will try to get the toys done this weekend. We got the wallpaper down off the hallway, so since we have the paint we are going to paint that tomorrow...I did get one load of laundry done, and my dishwasher is empty, so all I have to do is load it. I can't believe we got so much done...even when we plan on it things always get in the way, so I am happy that it is finally done!

Cristina~The girls have light pink and Violet, and Ben's room is a gray blue, the hallway will be blue on the bottom and white on the top ( molding halfway down). Hope you are feeling better!

Mindee~How did the speech evaluation go??? DId you get the results today, or do you have to wait for them??? As I said, I have to go thru toys too...I usually donate them to goodwill, and they never miss anything so it is a win/ win! I got my hair cut recently, and it is between my ears and chin...I love it!!!! soo much easier to take care of!

Jules~I hope you had fun with DH at the mineral baths!!! So sorry to hear of Terri's troubles, will keep her in my prayers. Hope Dominic is doing better, there are several things going around.

Jane~Congrats!!!!! So fun!!! Is your knee feeling any better??? Keep up some light exercise and it will help.

Martie~:hug:

Trish~I know I Am getting some exercise...I can actually feel it in my waist from all the bending...LOL

Sue~Do you want to help me catch up onmy laundry???I am so behind because of all the painting...I will have to spend a few days and get caught up.

Sassy~If you are going to be out for a while the FMLA is good. I hope things get better at work, or hope you can find a new one soon. It was warm today too, I went out this afternoon with no coat, and short sleeves. I will enjoy it for another day, but then we are supposed to drop down to the single digits again early next week. :( Here's hoping that DH gets transfered someplace warm!:crossed:

Gonna go watch some TV with DH, have a good weekend!!!

tommysgirl18
02-09-2008, 03:47 AM
well, we had one crazy day on Friday! we went to his speech evaluation. it went well......I guess. the speech therapist stopped basically halfway through the first section of the test because he wasn't saying anything. so then she moved on to a different test, and again stopped after a little bit of that one because he wasn't saying anything. she tried him with a receptive test and he did great on that one! she then concluded that he should have been in a preschool program this past September. so she was going to have her secretary call the other schools in the school district to see if any of them have openings for him. I need to get back in contact with the lady from Early On to see about getting his hearing tested. in a way, it did shed some light, but in another way, we are still back at square one.

me and Tommy got our Valentine's Day gifts. we got matching tattoos on Friday while we were out (I will go post it as my avatar in a second). I got mine on my left upper calf on the side. I was going to get it on the back of my calf, but thankfully the tattoo artist talked me out of it! Tommy got his on his left arm under a previous tattoo he has. I do have to add though that I got a new workout dvd on Friday! It is the Biggest Loser workout....I am hoping to start it on Monday.

Jules~ The ph diet from what I remember Trish telling me is basically eating the foods that will help you to balance the ph that is in your body in order to lose weight! I agree with you 100%! I hate to see my kids in any kind of pain or even being sad. So, I would hate to see myself when they get older! Brandon was walking with me back to the tattoo booth when he fell on the cement floor and put his tooth or teeth through his bottom lip. I felt so bad because I told him that we had to hurry up because the lady was waiting for me.....so when he heard the words hurry up, he started to run to get there.

Sue~ I hope you can get all your concerns answered on Monday! I hope your mom starts to feel better soon!

Jane~ That is so exciting!!!! I can't wait to hear more details! Congratulations to them!!!!

Sassy~ Sounds to me like your boss is just trying to cover his own butt! But at least he is being nice about it!

Ellen~ that is great news!!! and look at all the exercise that you have banked!!!! I am dreading, but not really, cleaning out their toys! they have so many toys and people keep buying them more even when we ask them to get them clothes instead! the outcome of the evaluation is above.....but we will get a report on the mail from the speech therapist. I love having my hair cut to chin level.....and the only time I seem to do it is when the kids were learning how to reach for my hair and in the summer.....the rest of the time I tend to keep it long.

jules1216
02-09-2008, 08:53 AM
Mindee--Glad at least one og Brandon's test came ot good. Too bad he didn't want to do the other. Good luck on the hearing test.

Ellen--the colors sound pretty--with the whole situation with Dave, hubby and I didn't end up going on his birthday--he said maybe another time. We did go eat at the restaurant he wanted to go to. Teri and the baby came but Ry had to work so he is coming out here tomorrow. Little Nick is doing better with his cold.

Sassy--besides the boss being awful, how are you feeling??

Jane--congratulations!! I hope Katie doesn't regret not having a wedding later. Teri did--she said she wished she would have done something small with just a few close friends and family.

Cristina--Quit being grouchy!! I want to know how my little exercise queen is doing!!

Marti--hope you get feeling better soon!! Lots of flus and colds floating around!!

Sue--hugs to you--hope you get feeling better too, Glad your mom is doing ok!!

Trish--Nick and I are both feeling better thankfully. Teri is starting to feel bad-- think it's stress.I have several friends that are vegan or vegetarian and there is one guy that swears by juicing and another that disagreess saying you are losing some of the nutritional value and having to use so much of the vegetables to even get a glass of juice is a waste. He says it's better to eat them raw or steamed. Hope you get feeling better quick!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

pattygirl63
02-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Hello Ladies

Jane - Well the kids weren't waiting for Valentines Day after all. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I hope they will have man years of happiness. When will the reception be? How is your knee? Hope it is better.

Jules - I'm glad you and little Dominic are better. Sorry for all the stress Teri is going through. I agree with the man who says you waste a lot of veggies etc to juice. For one thing it seems to me that a lot of the nutrition goes down the disposal because we have learned that so much of our fiber and nutrition is on the skin of a lot of veggies and fruit. I think there something to be said in favor of chew power. Also, I had a very bad reaction to juicing to detox years ago. I had so much natural sugar that I developed and became diabetic 2. When I went on a normal diet and exercise, I was no longer diabetic. I guess I have a real fear of a diet of only juicing to detox.

Mindee - I'm sorry about Brandon's accident. Hope he is better. I hope you find out what his problem is. I know it must be frustrating. I'm not into tatoos, but yours is very nice. My DD has a butterfly on her lower back that shows only when she wears certain types of clothes. She got it when her ex left her. I think it was an independence thing for her. DH and I went shopping last night. He kept trying to get me to pick out something for Valentines Day, but I didn't see anything I wanted. Eveything he showed me I could only see the word "work" they were nice things that I would have to dust. I told him I would have to think about what I want because I really don't have anything I need or want right now.

Cristina, Ellen, Francie, Sue, Marti, Sassy and anyone else I missed hello and I hope everything is good for y'all this week end.

Hugs,
Trish

Jane
02-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi ladies,

Sassy - glad we made you feel better. You always cheer us up, too, when we need it. I don't believe I'd trust the little weasel, either, with his track record.

Ellen - wow, you've been one busy lady! I bet everything looks so nice and clean.

Mindee - when will you know if there's an opening somewhere for Brandon?

Jules - I hope since we're having a huge reception for the newlyweds in March, she won't regret eloping. She's planning to wear the wedding gown, etc. and her dad will walk her into the pavilion on his arm. Hope all is going well for you and yours.

Trish - no, they said a lot of people marry on Valentine's Day, and they wanted to be different, lol. You sound like me about the V day gift. Neal asked me, too, but I don't need or want anything, either. :shrug: When you reach a certain point in life, things change. I'd just as soon spend the extra money on the grandkids when we get to Disney World in 3 weeks.

Hi to everyone else!

Thank you for congratulating the newlyweds. They ended up getting married by the mayor - his first wedding since he took office - because all 3 judges in Vincennes were gone to a district meeting. I went to high school with the mayor, and Neal was his college science teacher back in the day. Anyway, it went off w/o a hitch, and she called when they got to Indianapolis. The Embassy Suites upgraded the kids to a huge corner suite since they just got married. They were still even wearing their wedding clothes, lol. She sounded so happy! I just can't believe my baby is married.

I am down 3 more pounds today! Before you get too proud of me, though, that's weight I gained around the holidays, and also after Christmas when I went on a huge Cheeto's binge. :o Still, at least I'm on the right path now, right?

Take care and have a good weekend!

jules1216
02-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Jane--Marshall wanted to get married on the cruise ship but Teri wanted to wait and I went with them to the courthouse when they got back. The reception sounds like it will be nice. It's neat how you and Neal both knew the mayor!! WTG on the three pounds even if it is recycled weight like I do--at least they are gone and not more added!! I keep saying I get tired of gaining and losing the same 20 pounds!! Unfortunately it stays more than it goes!!

Trish--The chewing makes more sense to me--liquid diets just leave you with that need to chew.

Have a great nite!!

Sassy_Chick
02-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Hi Ladies.

Well here we go again with the crazy weather. Its been in the 50's or so and now the next few days down in the 20's and a chance of snow on Tuesday. Totally crazy. :dizzy: My DH woke up with his throat sore and his ears hurt.......UGH I hope he isn't getting what everybody else has gotten.......I sent him to work with Halls and he is stopping at Walmart on his break to get some honey to have tea and I told him to get some soup. I hope he isn't sick and I hope more importantly I do not get it. Because I absolutely cannot miss any more work.

My cat totally spazed out before I have no idea why. I know who can ever tell with Cats, right? lol. But we were watching the Animal Planet -- his favorite channel, yes my cat is a total couch potato. lol. Anyways, usually he loves watching animal shows, seems like ever since we bought our new tv, I dunno if its just clearer since its HD or what, but he is totally into it now. lol. Well anyways, we was watching Funniest Pets and there was a bear cub on there, and the cub walked toward the camera and at that point my cat totally spazed out. So I have no idea. The bear cub came on at the end of the program and then my cat was totally fine. He is now behind our chairs, so I dunno. Weird. lol.

Ellen -- Wow you got a lot accomplished, WTG! :high: The only reason I have to do the FMLA thing is because well #1 as you all already know, my boss is an a$$, #2 our co. is very very strict on attendance, we go by a point system, well it says, or so my boss says that HR says, that if you miss more than a week, you have to take FMLA. Now that may be just the standard policy, I don't know all the ins and outs of it. But our co. is very strict. But I had a drs note, so that means I only had one point instead of 4 (1 point per day) and you have a max of 5, well I was down to 2. You get your points back in 6 mos and 2 are about to come back to me this month. I know very confusing, but that is how it is. Anyways, basically our boss says that he was doing it to "save" me from getting fired, it could be, but I still don't trust the little weasel. lol. Wow sorry for the long explanation, but figured I had to explain our attendance policy for everybody to understand. lol.

Mindee -- Glad the speech test went well, I hope he gets into school and has fun. :) The only reason my boss is ever nice is because he is up to something, I do not trust him at all!!

Jules -- Hey Chica. I am doing fine, for now. I hope and pray that my DH is not getting what everybody has at work. It is NASTY. People have been out for a week or more!!! I CANNOT miss anymore work!!! So If I get it, I will have to just go to work and suffer and spread more germs!!! lol. Can u believe my boss has even made comments to other coworkers about the coworkers who were out SICK? Saying he was p.o.ed that they were out. I am like WTF do you expect? If he is ever sick, he keeps his behind at home!!! ARGH!! He is just so frustrating!!! How R U? How is the little one? Teri? I hope all is well. :)

Hi Trish :wave:

Jane -- You all keep my sane, well as sane as I can be. lol. :dizzy: Yes my boss definitely is a weasel, no doubt about it. lol. Glad the newlyweds had a great wedding and wow a corner suite -- sweet! lol. WTG on the 3 pounds. :high: I don't care if it was from the holidays, a loss is a loss!!! ;)

Cristina -- you feeling any better?? Get Well Vibes!!! :goodvibes

Hi to Everybody else out there, I hope you are doing well!!!

vannh9
02-10-2008, 10:04 AM
I am so frustrated--I have gained 3lbs and although I know I blew it on Super Bowl, I had done pretty well eating (apparently not well enough:-) I walked 2 days-which for me was pretty good. At least it was a beginning. I am also hungrier more --not sure what is going on??

3LBS--I have been so tired an now I am so discouraged. I am wondering if the Hysterctomy has impacted this metabolic change. I won't give up--I will just have try harder I guess! This getting older is not fun!!

Christina--Given my current weigh in, I will be taking a trip to Target to look for the DVD's TODAY!! :-) thanks again for sharing the tip!

Sassy--Glad you are back working- and I too hate those questionairres. I do many of them in my job (not sure what they are trying to find out) But I usually don't try and analyze too much. I just answer the 1st thing that come to mind and then it is over--good luck

Mindee- Congrats!! I am getting fatter by the week. Not sure what is going on with me!

Jane--Thanks for all your support and all you do for everyone here. At least you aren't gaining. It is amazing to me how much better I feel with a little less weight --My hips quit hurting...you know...AND Congrats to Clint and Katie!!!!!!

Jules- So sorry to hear about Dave- I have a lot of experience with Alcohol addiction and the people that it impacts around them. It is so hard watching someone you care about choose certain men. I will say a prayer for you all!

Ellen -WOW you have been busy. I would love to see the finished product. I am sure the rooms are beautiful!

Marti- How are you?

Sue--I have friends to dinner last night that are from Vegas. It was really neat hearing about the town and all the different things there are too--besides the casinos!

Hi Trish and any one else I may have missed!

pattygirl63
02-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Hello Ladies

Vann - :hug: I am sorry about the gain. I had the same thing this week. I did so well the first part of the week and blew it the last few days. It is difficult when we get older, but I am beginning to think some of that is because we are conditioned to think it is and so we believe that it is and then it does become hard for us. But we cannot give up. My DGM always taught me you can do what ever you believe you can do and to always thing positive. And I have always had a good positive attitude about other areas in my life, but not weight loss. I am beginning to think that I need to learn to be more positive about weight loss especially at this age or it will never happen for me.

I have been doing a lot of reading and re-evaluating myself and my attitude with food and diets. I never finished reading the (IE) Intuitive Eating book I bought and I am now finishing it and applying it to my eating. I am not even going to discuss with anyone too much about what I am doing except that I am going to eat healthy and use the IE principles to my eating of "eat what I want, when I want it and learn to eat only until satistied and no more". I'm not going to eat unless I am hungry. One of the main things is for me to learn how to eat what I like and still lose weight and be healthy. I think this is what I have to do if I am ever going to succeed.

Jane - I am so sorry I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS on your weightloss. Kind of got caught up in the marriage of your baby. But "Hey" a loss is a loss even recycled ones. Be good to yourself and give yourself some credit, girl. You lost; you did not keep gaining. You are so good about encouraging all of us here. I think you should do the same for yourself and it is okay to be proud of yourself. I think we have to be careful not to under estimate any progress we make. That is what we do to ourselves. It is almost like we think we don't deserve to feel good about the loss because they are recycle lbs. You did a good thing and I applaud you. I hope to be able to join you and get rid of the recycled ones. I have lost weight down to 150 lbs before and the last time got down to 176 lbs about 4years ago. A lot of us have probably done that which means they are all recyced weight loss. :) LOL

Jules - I noticed the new picture of Dominic. He is a doll.

Sassy - Sorry DH is sick and I pray you don't get it and he gets to feeling better really soon.

:wave: Cristina, Francie, Ellen, Sue, Mindee, Marti and anyone else I missed.

Have a great Sunday everbody.

Hugs,
Trish

upswife
02-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Good evening Ladies!!

Just a quick one here...busy, but relaxing day. Went to church, then to MIL's house for dinner...She made so much that she sent the leftovers with us, so now I won't even have to cook tomorrow. Good thing because I need to do all the housework I negelcted last week and I have to get back to the gym...hoping everyone stays well, so I can go in the morning. I am going to run later chicas!!!

sz2atheart
02-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Sorry I've been MIA but I've had a lot going on. My mother was hospitalized with severe Parkinson's symptoms that required her being sent to a short term rehab center because it was apparent that she was not able to take care of herself at the present time. Now the family is all in an uproar trying to decide what the next step will be. Do we put her in assisted living or try to get someone in to care for her. I don't think we can afford the 24 hr in home care that she wants. I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment. My mother put my brother as her medical power of attorney but he is expecting me to make all the decisions. I didn't even make it to WW this morning although my scale says that I'm down another lb or two. On an upnote...I did get my office furniture delivered and between running to see my mother and looking at senior care facilities for her, I'm trying to put the room together and sort through tons of paperwork organizing my files. It certainly has kept me away from nibbling on the wrong foods. Oh.....one more thing.....my future DIL came over Sat morning in the middle of all this chaos and gave me a workout that would put Jillian (from Biggest Loser) to shame. My DIL is a personal trainer but lives about 4 hrs away. I swear, every muscle in my body aches right now. I actually got nauseated in the middle of the workout. When I looked up from my nausea I think I called her Jillian!!! But seriously, she did give me a wonderful plan to work on and now all I have to do is find the time. Sorry for no indy's. I see that Jane had an elopment, Mindy got tatoos, and poor Jules' Terri is having her share of FOB (father of baby) problems. Just don't forget me ladies. I'll be here when I can. Take care and Hugs!!

Marti
02-11-2008, 01:02 AM
Hello gals.

Had a busy weekend. Went and spent some time w/my sisters and her kids yesterday, then came home to do a thorough cleaning of the house....ended up being..."ahh. that looks good enough" kind of cleaning.

Today hubby and I went to visit DD & her dad for a bit and then headed out to look at paintings from the "Starving Artist" sale. We bought three paintings and I have to say they look lovely in my living room. Now.....to paint the walls and redo our living room! (I think I'll need some money first!)

Trying to eat better and still getting my walking in. Haven't WI in who knows how long, a few weeks.....so not sure where I'm at. I definitely gained during the holidays just don't know how much. Will have to find out soon though now won't I?

A lot to catch up on:

Jane--I am SO happy to hear about Katie! Sorry I didn't see this sooner and congratulate her! Please give her a big strong hug from me in congratulations. I bet she looked beautiful!

Mindee--Interesting tattoo. I would like to get another one someday,......but probably won't, I can never figure out what I want permanent on me.

Jules--I'm sorry to hear about Terri's man. I send hugs to her and hope the stress doesn't make her ill.

Vann--Don't worry about a thing on those 3lbs. You'll get it off soon enough. I understand your frustrations of it though, I think that's why I've been leary of weighing myself.......know I gained, but just how much?

Tammy--Send your DIL to me and have her put me through a rigorous training! I think I need it! And don't think we'll forget you.....you pop in when you can and that's good for us!

Trish--I don't like to discuss my "dieting" to anyone either. Just do it and if I get any comments.....that's all good!:D I need to start finding meals that are tasty and healthy and cook them myself. I tend to let hubby to all the cooking....I'm thinking that can't be fair! (but I do like being spoiled there!)

Sassy--A job I used to work at had the points system too. They eventually got rid of it and started using the MTO (managed time off) system. That worked so much better. Working four days on and having four days off......it was easy.

Ellen--Where are you getting all this energy?! Our bathroom is still unfinished. Actually haven't worked on it much....waiting until hubby is on vacation again. Only a couple weeks and then our bathroom will be done. Can't wait.

Sue--I've been fighting the ick for over a week now. Not getting down right sick where I'm bed ridden, but not feeling like myself. I'm finally getting better. I hope you start feeling better soon too. Hugs to you!:hug:

Francie--I'm sorry that you lost your workout buddy. Maybe give her a call and see if she's still interested? She may need someone to just help motivate her?

Cristina--Your tracker is moving on down isn't it? You're doing fabulous! Keep up the good work!

Hello to anyone I have missed.

I better get the kitchen clean. One of my least favorite cleanups! If we didn't have to eat everyday, it wouldn't be so bad! :lol:

Hugs to you all.

Sassy_Chick
02-11-2008, 02:13 AM
Hey Gurls.

What a very very cold night/morning whatever it is!!! Its only 11 degrees here and they say with the windchill it feels more like 3 degrees!!! :o Schools were closing already at 11 pm!!! And our heat is acting up again. I don't know if its because it is so cold or what, but I am definitely going to have DH call the apt. office in the morning. I have the emergency heat on now.

Just had a conversation with DH on the phone about losing weight, seriously this time.........and he's all for it. Not sure how he wants to do it, Calorie Counting, WW's, or what, but he said he'd do it along with me.

I have a goal now, its kind of a high one too. Not sure if its even doable. See what you ladies think. I want to lose 100 lbs by the end of September, on our 10 yr Anniversary. Do you think it is possible if I really really really get serious? Be honest, I know I haven't done well at all in the past, but I am serious now. I think it was my last adventure with my back that did it. I am not doing it now for looks, I am doing it for my health and to live longer. I don't want to end up in a wheelchair in my 30's if I can help it.

So that is my plan. DH does the grocery shopping so he said he will stop buying the crap. He said we can have 1 small treat a week. I wanted 1 meal a week, but he said one treat is better..........So we'll have to work out the details.

I just feel awful that I have done this to myself. It totally disgusts me. I feel like a drug addict, only with food. :( There is an article in one of my magazines about emotional eating and it says that you need to discover why it is you eat emotionally so you can move on and deal with it in a different way. I haven't read it all completely yet, but that is the gist of it. I agree. I think, no I know my eating started out of boredom. I won't go into all the details, but I know that is where it all began, when I was a kid and I think I still do it to this day and its gotta stop.

I can substitute it for exercise or something else. Maybe take a class or something.

Anywho, that is that.

Oh DH said going into work tonight he saw our boss pulled over by a cop in the parking lot next to our co. Come to find out he was in a car accident (he is ok) and it MAY be his fault, we aren't 100% sure on that part yet.

Well that is about all for me. Sorry I didn't do Indies, maybe I will do them later.............:^:

I hope you all are doing well!!

tommysgirl18
02-11-2008, 03:11 AM
hello ladies.....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end. we "rented" SC3 off of On Demand on Sunday. The boys were really into it while they were watching it with daddy. I was putting their new dresser together. I sat down and watched it a little bit ago, and I thought it was cute.

As far as Brandon's evaluation, I was hoping for better results, but I just want to know what is the cause of his lack of speech. He was doing so well, and then we hit a bump in the road and he got derailed.

Jane~ The speech therapist told us that we should know by the middle of this week. She told me that if I don't hear from them by Wednesday or Thursday, that I should call them and see what is going on.

sorry for cutting this short, but I am trying to get through my email. get a couple of emails sent, read, and then off to bed! it has been really cold outside (last I saw it was 0 degrees), so our furnace is trying to keep up with the coldness.....but a little bit ago I noticed that the Filter button is flashing, so we need yet another new filter! (this is the third one so far this winter)

upswife
02-11-2008, 10:59 AM
I really can't take much more. I am in such a horrible mood because of this weight loss issue!! I should say this NO weight loss issue. I have been conciosly changing the way I eat, and I have been exercising my rear off, but nothing seems to do anything! I have been to see the dr and everything, And after multiple tests and dr visits there is nothing preventing me form losing...I just can't do it!! I am so ready to just stop trying and come to terms that I will me morbidly obese for the rest of my life. After three years I don't know what else to do!

Can't even go to the gym to feel better today DS is home sick. I will just have to drown my sorrows in my mountain of laundry from last week.

Sorry for the pity party, but it feels better getting it out there.

upswife
02-11-2008, 11:40 AM
OK, I guess I overreacted...I still havent lost weight, butI found my old measurements and I re measured myself. I Am down in all of them so I guess I feel a little better. I am going to re work my workouts to include more cardio. I Am thinking of trying to do 4 days a week 2 pure cardio and two just weights...sorry again for my pity party. YOu ladies keep me inspired!

pattygirl63
02-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Good Morning this Monday morning. Just a quick hello. I have a lot to do today so I'm sorry I won't be doing indies. Everything is going well here today food wise. I hope we get my microwave part in today so I can get my microwave working again or get another one this week if the part doesn't fix it. Catch you later.

Hugs,
Trish

Jane
02-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Good morning, ladies,

Ellen - you first. Hey, you don't have to apologize for ranting here. We're here to support and encourage each other, and we've each had our times that we felt just like you do right now. It will pass. :hug: Yay for the measurements being smaller. That's the real indication of progress, anyway, if you think about it. Weight on the scales fluxuates so much it's not really very reliable.

Jules - I love your new avatar! Yeah, when the mayor was in high school with me, he thought he was "all that", and sort of still does. But, at least he married the kids. It was his first wedding since he took office at the first of the year.

Sassy - hmmm.... since you asked, I think 100 pounds by the end of September is a lot to lose. I'm not saying you can't do it, but I think maybe you should set your goal at 50 pounds by then. That would be about 7 pounds a month, which is a healthier way to lose. I have no doubt you can lose 50 pounds by then. You have youth on your side, and all of us (and the gals from your other threads) to encourage you. How about setting 10 pound goals, 1 at a time? Doing that seems so much easier than saying we want to lose 100 pounds. Whatever you decide, I'm here for you.

Vann - aww, thank you so much for the kind words! About the weight, it does seem that the older we get, especially after menopause, the weight is like concrete - just doesn't want to budge! Here's something I've been eating when I just have the urge to munch: mix 1/3 cup of salsa w/1 T. lite Ranch dressing, and use it for a veggie dip. Lots of crunch and volume for few calories.

Trish - thanks for all the encouraging words you give to everyone. :hug: Sounds to me that the IE is just what you need. From what you've said before, you can handle it just fine.

Tammy - so sorry about your mom. I was in the same place with my MIL several years ago, and making all the decisions is difficult, and sure to upset someone that doesn't agree with you. Wow, you're lucky to have your own personal trainer in the family, even if she is about to kill you, lol.

Marti - I think it's so much fun to get new wall hangings and look at something else for awhile. How's Jhanai doing?

Mindee - it's cold here, too, and we have sleet on the way. Brrr!

Thank you all for the congrats and good wishes for Katie and Clint. She came by the house last night after they got back in town, and it seemed so odd to think of her as someone's wife! She's still my baby, no matter what, lol.

I'm sitting in a Barnes and Noble in Evansville, waiting for my partial plate to get repaired at the dentist's office. I've also ordered a new one, but since they take up to 3 weeks to be made, I didn't want to walk around with a big gap, lol. Anyway, they have WiFi and a Starbuck's here in the bookstore, which is cool. The internet, coffee, and books - what could be better?

I'm still OP and brought my lunch with me, so I wouldn't be temped by all the restaurants.

BBL,

FrouFrou
02-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Hello ladies...

JANE...CONGRAT'S to Katie & Clint! And WTG on the loss this week!:carrot:

VANN...did ya find some dvd's? I was just at Target this morning and saw that they have lots of them...Wal-Mart last week was almost out...had about 3 but of something I wouldn't do, lol.

ELLEN...hang in there missy! Lord knows I have been there so many times. But I think what kept me going was I refused to quit! and then finally my body decided to respond to all the exercise and eating right.

SASSY...I don't know...100 pounds by Sept. is a lot and you could probably do it but I don't think it would be the wise thing to do. Like Jane, I think I would aim more for 50 pounds.

TAMMY...hugs to you and your family. :hug: :hug:

MARTI...don't get stressed missy, sounds like you have just been busy, busy, busy!

FRANCIE...how are you missy?

TRISH...glad you had a good eating day.

Nothing much going on with me today. Had errands to run and while at Target ended up getting some Easter things for the kids easter baskets. I know it's early but was looking at toys...gotta get some things for them to do while at the house. I have no toys for them to play with and they get bored. Although, while they were here Friday we discovered that they like Spongebob. Anyway...gotta go read up on TBL thread and go exercise.

Have a good day!

vannh9
02-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Hi Guys!

Trish--You posted exactly what I was thinking! I can be and am successful in many areas of my life, but I know I have to believe it! I am reading a Wayne Dyer book on the power of positive thinking and it is really helping! I am creating a vision board and have added my 10 lb initial goal...I think I can...I think I can:-)

Mindee--We must have been typing at the same time. Griffin had speech therapy for 2 years. He also had the hearing test etc. AND My Grandson is being evaluated as well. Good Luck--stay persisitent. I know from experience that boys are slower, but once that get it..you can't get them to be quite:-)

Sassy- Your Cat story was too funny (probably not funny at the time) I have 4 Maine Coon cats now. I will have to send a picture of my latest kitty soon. Can't live without my kitties!

Tammy--I am so sorry to hear about your Mom- I will keep her in my prayers. What does DIL mean? I have been thinking about a personal trainer to help get me jump started.

Marti--I am sure your paintings are beautiful!! How is your house coming?

Jane--thanks for the food tips. I actually got very organized yesterday and cut up single bags of celery and wheat crackers (lowfat). I have to say that getting on the scale was quite and eyeopening experience. I am sure your teeth will be beautiful!! Hope you enjoyed your book day:-)

Christina- I didn't get the ability to go to target, but I am going to get the 1 mile walking one. I am walking at lunch tomorrow, but I know I need something to do daily!

I had a pretty good day--work is still pretty stressful, but I am trying to stay in the moment. One day at a time. I tend to get ahead of myself and then I get stressed out, but I feel pretty peaceful today.

Hello to Ellen and everyone else!

Thanks

Vann

Shopaholic1204
02-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Hola everyone!!

Sorry I haven't been on. For some reason, this site doesnt load right on my labtop. This is the first time it's actually loaded all the way. :carrot: Anyways..not much to report though. We did some major cleaning in the bedroom on sunday, and moved the furniture around. Right now I'm doing laundry from all the clothes we found, lol. I'm so happy, I found all the new clothes that I bought like back in Dec, lol. Tomorrow, I'll clean the living room. Dh's birthday is on thursday!!!! He's gonna be 24, but doesnt look a day over 17, lol. So thats about it from this end.

Hope everyone has a good week!!!

jules1216
02-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Quickie--hubbys calling so I am going to run--will be back tomorrow for indys!!

Teri went back to work today. She will officially be the head stock room supervisor and was told that she should get $12.50 an hour. She was reallly tired today and hated leaving Dominic. They are real good about letting her pump since she wants to keep him on breast milk as long as she can. Great grandme had fun with the little man today. Between her, me & Becky he should be covered and not have to go to a daycare yet. It looks like Dave could get a year for the DUI/drinking violation of probation. The court date is the 25th. I have mixed feelings. He can't keep a job and the drinking is a big problem along with his control issue but he does help her out with the baby and for some reason she is in love with the boy. Ry got called in to work for a catered birthday party--he said he should get really good tips.

Sassy_Chick
02-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Hi Ladies.

Well the Winter Storm is on her way!!! I hope I don't get stuck here!!! (work) DH said he'd come and pick me up (he drove me in) They are putting people up in hotels, but I cannot sleep in strange beds and with me working 13/14 hour shifts, sleep is a necessaity!!! But if I have too, I guess I have too. :p

News on our Boss and his car: He SAYS that it was the other person's fault. I don't buy it though. Where the accident occured, he had to stop, there is a stop sign there and the cross traffic does not have to stop. So I don't see how it was her fault. Plus he said it was on his front left side, so there is no way that could have happened from the other direction, she had to be coming down the st. that does not have to stop. So I say it had to be his fault and he just doesn't want to "fess up" to it. He says that he has major damage and his car is like his "baby", its a BMW, so its going to be very pricey to get fixed. So we'll have to see.......Of course he asked me about my FMLA papers, told him, the dr. still has the papers, he has been very busy with this major flu outbreak or whatever it is.

Ellen -- Diddo what Jane said. These ladies are very supportive, I should know I am probably one of the top complainers here! lol. They have always been there for me and are just wonderful people, so just rant away, that is part of the process of weightloss, to get out those feelings. ;)

Jane -- I know it would difficult and all, but I just really really want to lose it by then. I guess what I can do is set my goal for 50 and if I happen to lose more (which I hope!!!) then that will just be a +. ;) You know what makes me sick though? How easy a lot of men have with losing weight. There was this guy on a food tv show, about this Salad place, he said since he began eating lunch there, he has lost 25 lbs in 25 days!!! I am like holy moly!! It would take me an eternity to lose that much!!! lol. I may have "youth" on my side but I have a lot of obstacles too that keeps me from losing. I have an EXTREMELY hard time losing, I always have. If I want to lose anything I can't eat hardly anything and I have to exercise almost 24/7. Not saying that is an excuse, just my body does not want to give up the fat!!! lol. It is very stingy. lol. Mmmmmmm coffee. Good Coffee.....UGH I have been wanting GOOD coffee. We ran out of our normal kind and only one store around here (that we know of anyways) has it and its not close by..........:p I know what you mean about Katie always being your baby, cuz that is what my mom says about me. lol.

Cristina -- I know its a lot, but I am going to just try to lose as much as possible, put my goal at 50 and hope to lose more than that!!!

Vann -- My cat is just a hoot. lol. He makes me laugh all the time. lol. I love him though. :)

Hi Francie!!! :wave:

Jules -- Ooooo a quickie!!! :smoking: lol. :congrat: to both Teri and Ry. Maybe the time in jail will make Dave "wake-up". Glad he helps her out with the baby.;)

My hubby bought me that puppy from Hallmark, that they show on tv, he is so cute..........:love:

Big :hug:

tommysgirl18
02-12-2008, 02:12 AM

nothing new on this end.....just trying to get some things done....and trying to shove off to bed before it gets too late!

Vann~ I will continue to be persistent with them, and him. He really likes using his Thomas activity book. So, we will be getting him some more of those! He had a blast doing them with Tommy, and it really helped him to want to do it. He loved being in "school" mode and getting to learn some new things. So, I will continue on the path we are trucking.

Shopaholic1204
02-12-2008, 02:58 AM
Sassy~Where do you live??

Okay ladies,I hope everyone has a good night I'm gonna finish watching Stand By Me before going to bed. Nighty nite!!

upswife
02-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Not much new here either...All the laundry id washed and folded, but I need to put it all away. I am going to hit the gym this afternoon, then hit the store for some things for dinner. Still trying to take it easy tho...so wiped from our painting marathon. Will check in later and do indy's.

Thank you to all for the kind words. I am feeling much better today. :hug:

pattygirl63
02-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Good Morning Ladies

Looks like everybody has really been busy.

Ellen - Glad you got all your wash done. I'm always glad when that is done. Much different now it is just DH and me. I remember the days when my kids were home and I had to do at least one load, but usually 2 a day. Now I do 2 sometimes 2 a week. Depends on how long it takes to fill up the washer. When it is full, I wash.

Sassy - I hope you didn't get stuck at work.

Tammy - Sorry about your Mom You and your family are in my prayers.

Well, I got to go get my hair cut and highlighted today. So I am just passing through here today. Like Jane and Mindee, I am getting it cut short. I can't stand it when it grows down on the collar of my blouses or coats.

Jane, Francie, Jules, Marti, Sue, Cristina, Vann and everybody else I missed:wave: and have a great day!!!

:hug: to all,
Trish

Marti
02-12-2008, 12:52 PM
A quick good morning to you all! :wave:

Not a lot going on here.....Just getting ready for work.

I'd rather turn around and get back into bed!! Hope you all have a good day. I'm off to shower!

I'll try to check in later tonight.

ta-ta

FrouFrou
02-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Hello ladies...

JULES...good news about Teri! Sorry to hear about Dave though and I hope Ry made good tips!

SASSY...thank you sweetie! :thanks: :hug:

FRANCIE...good to see you, was wondering where ya been!

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Nothing much going on today...being a little lazy and getting some computer time in.

I don't know what I do to deserve it but I have to say I have the best hubby in the world! He left my v-day gift on the counter this morning and made me cry. It wasn't the stuff in the bag except for the letter in the card. He had a guy at work put a song on a CD for me and told me to listen to the words because that is how he feels everyday, awww! Honestly, I don't deserve the man. He didn't think I knew the song because I don't listen to country music as often as I used to...it's the song Amazed by Lonestar :love: I know, corny. We are going to Olive Garden for dinner...never go out on V-Day, too many people. Anyway...getting ready to get my exercise done.

Have a great day!

Shopaholic1204
02-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Cristina~your hubby is so sweet!!!! I dont listen to country music, but I love that song!!!

Well, nothing much going on with me right now. I'm just sitting here watching a movie, waiting to put in the next load of laundry.

Hope everyone is having a better day than me.

Jane
02-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Hi all,

Today has been a tough one. Neal is down in his back, and needed to go to the ER. We had an ice storm over night, and I couldn't get him there, so I called an ambulance. Long story short, the 1st 2 ambulances ran off the road. Finally, the 3rd one made it. He's home now, with meds. Poor guy!

One funny thing happened, though. I ran out of tea bags, and I just have to have my iced tea all year long. So, I tied a sock to Molly's collar, let her out, and Mary called her. For those that may not know it - DD Mary lives about 100 feet of pure ice away. Then, Mary placed about a dozen tea bags in the sock, re-tied it to Molly's collar, and the big sweetie brought them home to me! Good dog!!!!!!!

Cristina - I love that song! What a real sweetheart!

Neal needs help ... nurse Jane to the recue! Bbl......

tommysgirl18
02-13-2008, 12:13 AM
just a quick passing through from me.....

I am probably going to be getting my hair cut either on Wednesday or Thursday.

Cristina~ That is mine and Tommy's song. I heard that song and knew instantly that it explained how I felt for him!

Jane~ that is a cute story about getting some teas bags! Sorry to hear about Neal's back.

Sassy_Chick
02-13-2008, 12:18 AM
Hi Chicks. :wave:

Well I didn't get stuck at work, DH was able to make it and came and got me, it really wasn't that bad, it was slick in a few spots, but nothing like they were making it out to be!! lol. Tonight coming in it was just wet. But we are worried since its so cold (21 Degrees + Wind) that it will all freeze and we're supposed to get freezing rain + snow in the AM. So lets hope for the best!!! lol.

I've been doing ok today so far with eating. Feel so hungry though and I am eating, maybe need to eat more foods with fiber? I had broccoli w/ rice, broccoli has fiber in it right? I dunno I need to find some Calorie Free foods to munch on I suppose. lol.

Well only 8 more hours to go + 13 hours tomorrow night and then I am off.......:cheer2: lol.

Francie -- I am in SW Ohio.

Trish -- that is what I need to do -- get my hair cut.......I hate it that way too.

Cristina -- YW. Aww that is sweet. That is a good song. Now everytime I hear it I am going to think of you guys. lol. DH said that "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts is how he feels about me. I cried :cry: when he told me that and listened to it too. I got a Cute Stuffed Lion and that cute little puppy dog from Hallmark that they show on tv that moves and asks for a hug. :love: We don't go out on V-day either, like you said way too crowded. We haven't went out to eat together since my bday last year!! (09/24) With us being on opposite nights and only have one night together, it makes it difficult because usually on that one night together (Thursdays) we are both beat and just wanna veg. lol.

Jane -- Please give Big ((Gentle)) :hug: to your DH. I totally can relate, its no fun at all!! Wow!!! I am glad nobody got hurt!!! What a very creative way to get your tea!!! WTG Molly!!! :cheer2:

Big :hug: to all, hoping you all are doing well in this crazy weather!!!

FrouFrou
02-13-2008, 01:46 AM
Hello ladies...

JANE...sorry to hear about Neal, hope he gets better soon. You know the story about the ambulances is something I thought of when we had the last ice storm...I told DD that would be horrible to have to try and get someone to the emergency room under those conditions...glad Neal made it safe and sound. Too cute about the tea, lol!

SASSY...I like that song too! I have been meaning to get the CD that it is on. Be careful in this crazy weather! Hey, munch on some celery or carrots, or apple slices...something healthy like that. My thing is bananas...I will have a banana and a glass of water when I feel the need to snack.

HIYA FRANCIE!

Nothing going on, just thought I would check in before heading to bed. Don't want to stay up too late but it was too early for me to go to bed...trying to finish this book that I should have finished two days ago, lol. Nighty ,night!

Katiecat
02-13-2008, 02:10 AM
Hi ladies...

Just stopping in for a minute tonight. I haven't been posting for a while because things have been really hard. I don't know if I told everyone, but my sister had lung cancer (I think I did mention that), but she lost the fight and died on January 18. We had to go to Idaho during really bad weather for the funeral, and got stranded in Salt Lake because a snowplow went through the tracks over Donner Pass in the Sierras and trains were backed up for hours and we had to buy last minute plane tickets.

Things have been very, very stressful at home, and I haven't been coping too well. My stepdaughter and granddaughter are moving back to AZ this weekend and I'm driving them down there. We plan to stop at Disneyland (halfway) for a couple of days, so hopefully that will be fun and a bright spot.

I'm trying to find an assisted living place for my parents, 76 and 78. The task of getting them out of their home in Montana and out here to California is daunting, to say the least. I'm not even sure how we are going to do this, but they can't take care of themselves anymore, and I'm the only daughter my mom has left -- Linda died in 2005, and now we've lost Pat, too.

Anyway, sorry to dump all this bad new on everyone, just wanted you all to know I'm still here, but why you haven't seen much of me.

tommysgirl18
02-13-2008, 03:17 AM
just a quick one from me again.....

Katiecat~ I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.

Sassy_Chick
02-13-2008, 05:24 AM
Cristina -- I totally forgot I had brought some pineapple!!! DUH. lol. I dunno how good it is for me though, not sure if its in its own juices or what. (its in a can) DH got it for me. But probably better than the alternative. I love bananas, have to get me some. ;)

Katiecat -- BIG BIG :hug: I am so sorry for your loss. :hug: My step dad died from Liver Cancer and it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through in my life. I also sympathize with getting your parents in an assisted living. I know that can't be easy. My fil's health has really gone downhill and its really hard. If you ever wanna chat or just someone to "listen" PM me and I'll give you my email addy. Don't ever be sorry for sharing your feelings with us, that is what we are here for, support, Mind, Body, Heart and Soul........So you share anything you feel comfortable with sharing. :hug:

pattygirl63
02-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Good Morning Ladies

Katiecat - I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I have 2 younger sisters and although we all live in different states, the thought of losing either of them is overwhelming. You have a lot going on in your life right now and my prayers and thoughts are with you. I also agree with others that we are all here for each other so always feel free to come here for support.

Jane - So sorry about Neal's back. Hope he gets to feeling better soon. Cute solution to getting your tea bags. Used to tell my Mama "Where there's a will there's a way" and you found yours. LOL

Up early today... couldn't sleep. Dreary rainy, cool day. But we need the rain so not complaining. Don't think we're going out in it. Lot of you having really bad weaher according to weather channel so y'all stay warm and safe. Try to catch y'all again later.

Hugs,
Trish

Jane
02-13-2008, 09:48 AM
This has to be a quick one. Mary is at work, and I've got the 3 girls, plus Neal to look after.

MaryKate - my heart goes out to you, dear friend. I've lost 2 sisters, too, and know how sad it is. Have fun in Disneyland - Pat would want you to! Is there an agency where your parents live to help with the transition? A call to social services might help. Come back and post when you can. :hug:

Marti
02-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Good Morning Ladies...

MaryKate--:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: I'm so sorry to hear about your sister.

Jane--Too cute about Molly! Big hugs to Neal! :hug:

Trish--We've had weather like Spring the last couple days....it's starting to look like that will change though......

Sassy--Good luck to you in your weight loss journey! You can do anything that you put your mind to.

Mindee--So, what is SC3? Don't you just love being able to rent movies??

Ellen--Measurements lost is HUGE!!! So don't beat yourself up and continue what you're doing. It's working, it's just showing in a different way.

Cristina--What a sweetheart you have for a hubby!!

Vann--I love our paintings. One of the paintings is really large...so large that it didn't fit in our car and DH had to run home to grab the truck while I waited!

Jules--Great avatar! He's growing so much already! Poor Terri...I know how she feels going back to work first time after having a baby! It's heartbreaking.

Hello to anyone I have missed! :wave:

I'm in a hurry so I better hit the showers and scoot!

You all have a great day.

tommysgirl18
02-13-2008, 03:15 PM

Well, we are FINALLY getting some where! I got a call a little bit ago from the lady that will be Brandon’s speech therapist. She called and told me what school he will be going to, that a bus can come to the house to pick him up, and that we needed to set up a date and time for an IEP. So, we go next Friday, the 22nd at 11:30am for it! I mentioned about getting his hearing tested, and she told me that she can do a limited hearing test on him and if it looks like he needs a more in depth one, then she can give us the information on getting one done. She also told me that she wants to do her own speech evaluation on him since she didn’t do his original one. (She told me that the speech therapist that did his evaluation was really vague on some details. So she was asking me some questions over the phone) She isn’t sure if he will go in the morning or the afternoon. She got one thing that stated he would be in the morning, and then got another thing that stated he would be in the afternoon. She told me that she will find out for sure and will let us know next Friday!

I am really excited because FINALLY we will be getting some where with his talking. But I am also nervous because he is my first one going off to school! I thought I would be extremely freaked out when the time came, but I have to say that I am really at peace with this because I know it will be helping him out A LOT!

Marti~ SC3 is Santa Claus 3. We "rented" it off of On Demand. The kids and Tommy watched it first, and then later on that night I got a chance to sit down and watch it.

Ellen~ Measurements are far better a judge then the scale.....at least to me anyways! Sometimes when the scale gets me down, I pull out the trusty measuring tape and that puts a smile on my face!

FrouFrou
02-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Hiya ladies...

MINDEE...wow, doesn't seem like it is time for one of the little ones to head off to school already! They sure do grow fast don't they? I too was wondering what SC3 was, lol.

MARYKATE....hugs and prayers to you and yours. You definitely have a lot on your plate right now. Really sorry to hear about your sister. I can only imgaine how you are feeling. Lots of hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:

SASSY...pineapple sounds good, definitely better than the alternative!

MARTI...he is a sweetie and I don't know what I did to deserve him.

JANE...enjoy the grandkids today. Hope Neal is feeling better.

TRISH...this weather has definitely been weird lately. It is supposed to be up to 50 something today but then back down in the 30's tomorrow with a chance of snow and ice tomorrow evening. I've had my fill of it for sure!

JULES...thanks for the comments on mypsace, silly woman! :hug: How's that grandbaby doing? I agree too..he is a cutie!

FRANCIE...what book are you reading now? I need to go check in on goodreads, keep forgetting.

HIYA SUE, VANN, TAMMY, ELLEN, and anyone I missed

Nothing much going on with me today. Ran to the store this morning and to get gas while I was there. Did 1/2 my exercise and getting some laundry done.

Have a good day!

suetalks
02-13-2008, 06:50 PM
MINDEE...SO glad you are finally getting answer on Brandon's speech and school. Gosh it seems like such a long time ago that I sent mine off to school. Truthfully...when DS went to college it killed me more than anything. He was my last to leave the roost.

MARYKATE.... My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. You have had a lot to contend with lately. Have fun at Disney...a much needed break!

SASSY... I am right there with you gal at starting fresh. I just can not continue on the path I have been on. Our health needs to come first...so let's bite the bullet and do this.

MARTI... You have certainly been busy. I love those Artist sales. I have several oil paintings, but got them years ago at a party type sale. Luckily I was able to use them in this house too. Are yours scenic, abstract, or what is your taste?

JANE... So sorry to hear about Neal's back. I hope he is improving. I got quite a chuckle out of the tea bag story. Since I am hooked on tea all year round I would have done anything for the tea bags too. Need wins out...and we find just how clever we are. LOL (and what a smart dog) Belated congrats to Katie and Clint. Seems funny to have a SIL doesn't it? My first one was many years ago, but I still remember how strange it felt to say my DD was a wife.

TRISH... Stay indoors and keep warm. I am learning why I dis-like winter. Boy, are we sorry we sold our Winter home. I bet we go somewhere next year if Mom is able. DH is not a happy camper with this snow.

JULES... I was so sorry to hear of the mess Dave got himself into. I know Teri is (understandably) upset about it. I will keep the good thoughts for them. They will get through this. I know you are lovin' on that grandbaby every chance you get. He is a doll.

Vann... I read what you said in an earlier post about being in control of so much of your life...I feel the same...and then this weight issue I can not get a handle on. It is so hard and here I am approaching 60. I know that will make it harder as every year goes by. I think I need the book/books on positive thinking. Anyway, it is nice to see you back here and maybe we can all slay these demons together.

Cristina... You, missy, seem to have the handle on the exercising. Way to go! I know that is what I HAVE to do. Cute about your future "grands" and I know they are loving you so much. I agree that your DH is a sweetie. My DH doesn't often get "mushy", but on our anniversary he gave me such a nice card and said he finally found a card that said exactly what he wanted to say. It was special...and yes, I kept the card. LOL

Oh darn...I just realized I need to scoot and finish preparing dinner.

I will be back later for PART II...

upswife
02-13-2008, 07:32 PM
Trish~I bet you are loving the new 'do!!! I know what you mean about doing a load of laundry everyday...I came from a big family, and we usually did three everyday, I am not up to that yet..Thankfully!

Martie~it has been so cold here, I know what you mean about staying in bed. even during the day I am wrapping myself up in a blanket! Thanks for the encouragement...I had meant to measure for a few days, but of course I never did, so after my rant I decided why not now??? So is life!

Cristina~what a sweetie your hubby is! It is so nice when they do stuff like that all on their own. I am on my 6th book for the year, second for the month, but I need to get it finished...due back at the library on Friday...wondering what to read next...looked into Pray love Eat, but several ppl have it on hold for now so I will have to wait!

Jane~sorry about neal's back, hope he feels better soon. It is amazing the weather we are getting, no ice up here, but plenty of snow. Glad you only had to go thru a little trouble to get your Tea!!!LOL

Katiecat~Welcome back! So sorry to hear about your sis...will keep your family in my prayers. :hug:

Sassy~I know I feel hungrier when I cut down on protien...make sure you get enough fiber and Protien, drinking water can help too. Enjoy your weekend!!!!

MIndee~so glad you are finally getting the info you need about Brandon! I hope it all works out for him.

Sue~can I join you for dinner??? LOL

Francie~hope your internet connection is better. Hey, I just realized that my hubby's birthday is Thursday too!!! He will be 34!!! No big plans, unfortunately my sis and Brother have to work, so we have no sitter for the kiddies. I am trying to convince him to go out this weekend! Maybe to see a movie??? hmmm I will have to look to see what is playing!

I really don't have much going on, I think that I am recouperating from last week! I did make it to the gym today, but will have to go tomorrow too! Dh is working his weekly evening shift, so nothing going on here. May try to get some yoga in for relaxation after the kids go to bed. Well, have to pop a pizza in the oven for the kids...and still hang up some clothes.

Later chicas!!!

suetalks
02-13-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm back....Chili for dinner and it was good. Our weather has been cold and now slushy. Mom and I had to go to town today for errands and then to Wal Mart. Nothing major going on for us.
Mom got new meds. on Mon. from the new Dr. He is treating her for nerve damage and it seems to be taking affect some already. Let's hope. She did feel well today and we had a few laughs.

As I said in the earlier post, I am so ready to get going on this weight AGAIN. I hit the low point yesterday...and realized I can't keep blaming stress. (Oh, I still have the stress, but I can't make it the culprit.) Just need to work on the will power...and stop snacking. I plan the meals and do well, then snack all evening. I am going to cut down on the meal calories and plan for the munchies....see if that helps. I will eat 5 times a day again, which worked before. Most of all I am soooooo ready to get outside walking and biking again. Lousy weather!

Ellen.... Wasn't skipping you before, just had to run. You are doing good on going to the gym. Hey, any day is better than none. I have a friend with several pieces of equipment in her garage. I just told her to call me and I will come work out with her. She had said she hates to work out alone. Heck, she is only 5 minutes away and it would be fun!

Francie...Wow, fun to find all those clothes when you were cleaning. I've never been that lucky. All I find are bunnies...dust bunnies. :)

Tammy....I am sorry to hear about your Mom's illness. I have had a long year with my Mom being ill also. It is stressful. I hope you are able to make all the decisions you have to. I would love a personal trainer. That is so cool.

Tomorrow DH and I are going to the riverboat for the day. A nice get-away. We wanted to spend the night, but they were booked up by the time we decided.

Have a Happy Valentine's Day everyone and kiss your sweeties.
Sorry if I missed anyone, shout at me and I will promise not to miss you next time. :)

tommysgirl18
02-14-2008, 03:14 AM

nothing new on this end.....just checking my email, and then shoving off to bed! I have been going to bed earlier and earlier.....in a way it is helping me ease into an easier sleeping pattern.....which I will need to get into for when Brandon goes to school! we don't know if he will be in the morning or afternoon class until next week!

Cristina~ I can't believe it is time either! But I am sure that I will manage to do it without too many tears! I just hope that he will be okay and won't cry on the way to school since he will be riding the bus by himself.

Sue~ Like I mentioned to Cristina, I am hoping that this situation doesn't lead to a crying fest out in front of our place when he does get on the bus to go to school! we went to pick out his back pack and he was really excited about it! we found him one, but it wasn't really meant for a little kid like him....so we are still looking for one!

Ellen~ How are you doing?

hello to all that I missed! I am sure that you are all busy with your busy Valentine's Day plans!

Jane
02-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Happy Valentine's Day!

FrouFrou
02-14-2008, 03:38 PM
:val1::val1::val3::val3:Hello ladies, and a very HAPPY V-DAY to you!:val3::val3::val1::val1:

SUE...DH is always mushy, romantic...it's me that's not, lol. V-day is just so overrated to me that I don't make a big deal about it but he seems to. Even when I tell him not too, lol. Hoping your mom is well. Enjoy your boat trip today!

FRANCIE...Hoping you and hubby are enjoying Seattle! And a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him! Such a great day for a BD!
:bday2: :celebrate: :woo: :bday2you: :woo: :celebrate: :bday2:

MINDEE...I forgot to mention your avatar/haircut on the other thread, oops! I like the new do! You reminded me that I need and want a haircut. But with Josh & Charlotte's wedding coming up I think I want it a little longer so I can put it up somehow.

ELLEN...you're doing great with your reading. I read Eat, Pray, Love...it was okay. there were parts that were a little slow and uninteresting to me. But...I loaned it to daughter and she loved...I recommended it to her because I knew she would, lol. And that is just my opinon because I know lots who loved it! WTG with making it to the gym yesterday! Did you make it today?

Hello everyone else :wave:

Nothing much going on today...did 65 minutes of exercise this morning before heading out to run errands. The rest of the day is free, yay! Will get the rest of my exercise done earlier than after Jeopardy today and hopefully get in some reading. Finally finished the last book and moving on to #4 for the month. Definitely making my reading goal of 3-4 books a month, plus more. The same with exercise....I keep saying I will slow down but don't see it happening. Going with it while the going is good!

Have a great day ladies, and enjoy your V-Day with your sweeties!

vannh9
02-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Happy Valentines Day-

I am sure all your beautiful ladies are being Romanced like crazy tonight:-)

It was an omlette and cookies for Griffin and I:-) Definitley NOT OP:-(

Oh well--tomorrow is another day.

Julels-Glad you are getting time with the baby. I know in spite of the feelings I have about the man my daughter is with, I couldn't live with out the little ones!

Mindee- I love your hair cut!!!! And you will do fine with the speech stuff. I will also keep you posted on what they do with my grandson and feel free to PM anytime.

Jane--So sorry about Neal (I doubt you are doing too much tonight) I hope he gets better soon, but I have to tell you that I LOVED your tea story!!

Hello to Marti, Christina, Trish, Sassy, and anyone else out there!

Hugs

Vann

pattygirl63
02-14-2008, 08:09 PM
:wave::celebrate::balloons::val2::val1:

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY LADIES!!!

Hope everybody had a great day!

:hug: Trish

upswife
02-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Happy V day all! Hubby and I went out for dinner, and I am sure I was not OP today. Oh well, I did go to the gym this afternoon, so it will all balance out. My big dinner is making me sleepy, so I think I may go sack out on the couch. NIght ladies!

tommysgirl18
02-15-2008, 03:25 AM

nothing new here.....just the same stuff different day! Tommy got me a bouquet of flowers for Valentine's Day. He got the kids messy cookies and some reese peanut butter cup miniatures. My bouquet had four roses in it, with some white daisies and some pink lilies. He told me that he picked that certain bouquet because it had the four roses in it. He then said that there was a rose for Brandon, Logan, Marissa and him.

Thanks for the nice comments about my new hair cut! I really like it! I wanted it to be short all around, but when the lady described what she was thinking, I thought what the heck......if I don't like it, then I can just go somewhere else and get it recut. But I really like it, and Marissa didn't cry at me this time. When my sister dyed my hair the last time, she put a shower cap over it so that the color wouldn't run onto my clothes or anything I went near.....and Marissa took one look at me and started crying!

Vann~ I will be looking for updates on your grandson! I will also shoot you off a PM if I have any questions!

Cristina~ You are a reading lady! Right now.....I am doing a variety puzzle book! which helps with any stresses that might pop up....but it also gives me something to do so I am not online all the time!

I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!!!

Shopaholic1204
02-15-2008, 07:07 AM
Hey everyone!!! Hope you all had a GREAT Valentine's Day!!!!

Fonzo (dh) is 24 now!! Now I can stop singing him the lyric "nobody likes you when your 23" (from "whats my age again" by blink 182) lol. I gave him lots and lots of tickles..and he got his arms punched 24 times by everyone he works with, lol. He only had to work until 8am, so he got to sleep for the rest of the day, his bday wish. Woohoo!! He got me a funny card for vday and some chocolate-yum!! We're going to Seattle on sat..woohoo!!! I turn 23 in 2 months :carrot:!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay..nighty nite :wave:

Shopaholic1204
02-15-2008, 07:13 AM
Oh ya..

Cristina, I LOVE your avator!!!!!! Its soooooooooooo cute!!!! BTW, for the book challange, I'm on #11. And my FAVE author is coming out with a new book Feb 26!!!!! I can't wait!!

And Mindee-LOVE the new haircut!!!!!

Jane
02-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Hi ladies,

Sue - Clint is SIL #2. But yes, it's funny to think of him that way. He's so good to Katie, and I just love him. Did you have fun on the boat?

Mary Kate - I'm thinking of you. :hug:

Ellen - glad you had fun with DH.

Vann - an omelet sounds good! I've been making them with veggies, and egg whites. I'd love to have one from Denny's though, lol.

Trish - you are so right - When there's a will, there's a way!

Cristina - you are doing so well with your exercising! YAY!

Mindee - I'm waiting to see a photo of you smiling! :D New hair styles make a woman feel better, don't they?

Francie - have fun in Seattle tomorrow.

I hope you each had a happy Valentine's Day. Neal made it into the living room, and we ate in there. Since we weren't able to get out because of his back, I fixed some of his favorites.

Today I'm going to try and get out of the house for just a bit. Neal can make it to the bathroom now, but is still in pain. If he doesn't improve over the weekend, I'm going to have him admitted to the hospital on Monday.

BBL,

sz2atheart
02-15-2008, 12:16 PM
Hello Ladies...

Just a quickie here. Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day. Mine was OK but just not very relaxing. Spent most of the day tending to my mom who had another trip to the hospital complaining of chest pain (I think she just wanted to get out of the rehab facility) but all was ruled out and she returned to rehab (that she hates). I picked up some fresh seafood at the market and made dh and I a nice dinner. We just exchanged cards and considering we have spent a near fortune in our office, we didn't exchange gifts. Then it was back on the phone discussing Mom with family and doing email updates.

I'm at work today and got pulled to the post partum floor, my least place of all. We call it the fundus floor (Mindee sure knows what I'm talking about) Last think I want to do is feel women's bellies and ask about their pads!! Ok, TIM!!! Just needed to vent. Give me back my kids and babies and I'll be happy.

I did lost another lb this week so I'm finally back into the 130's :carrot: I should have wore my pedometer today because I'll surely clock several miles working today.

Heading off the Jules's backyard tomorrow and shopping at the outlets that are not too far from her house to return something at Reebok. Gotta go and checkout all my new mommies. :dizzy:

suetalks
02-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Hi ladies...Brrrr, we are still cold here. Some snowcover on the ground also. Hate it when it starts to look dirty and slushy.

DH and I went to the riverboat for the day yesterday. Our Vday get away. It was nice and relaxing. Of course, we gambled. No big jackpot! Bummer.T

Today I am doing laundry and going to clean the kitchen in a minute. DH is walking, but at 30 degrees and windy I said "no way." Gosh, I can find more excuses. Got out my WATP to do this afternoon though.

Life here is not exciting, rather boring actually, but I will take that. Excitement is highly over-rated, especially when you get old and most excitement means a trip to the hospital. Lol

Mom's new meds. are agreeing with her so far. *fingers crossed* She is feeling pretty good. I just had to call my doc. about another mole I spotted. Yikes, I imagine I will be cut on again on Tues. when he can see me.

Jane- Yes, I knew that you had another SIL...(brain fart I guess.) I am so happy for Katie. Ahhh, young love and all that romance. :)

BBL for more individuals.

upswife
02-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Good morning all! Not too much going on today...DH is working tonight, so we were able to get our taxes done. Not quite as much as we were hoping, but still plenty. Hopefully since we direct deposit we will have it soon! Taking a trip to the gym this afternoon with DH, THen maybe off to my mom's since Dh will be gone tonight...I don't know.

Felling better getting back to the gym, I really do like going, don't know why I have to push myself to go??? Been sleepy lately, and had sinus headache, so maybe spring is around the corner? Have a great day!!!

FrouFrou
02-15-2008, 01:30 PM
Hello ladies...

Mindee...that was sweet of Tommy!

Francie...this book is #12 for the year and #4 for the month. Almost finished with it. Was going to try and finish it tonight but wanted to look up a few things online before heading to bed. For some reason I thought you went to Seattle on V-Day...don't know where my head was.

Sue...glad you guys enjoyed your day on the boat gambling. And glad to hear your momma is well.

Tammy...woohoo to the weight loss! :yay:

Jane...hope Neal is better and doesn't have to go to the hospital.

Hi Sassy, Vann, Trish, Ellen, MaryKate, Jules :wave:

Plan on staying in and reading tomorrow, doing a little bit of laundry done and my exercise of course. We are supposed to get more bad weather the whole weekend, ugh! Really, really tired of this stupid weather...want summer to come already! Anyway...have a great weekend ladies.

tommysgirl18
02-16-2008, 04:41 AM

We went out Friday night with the intent on buying a new bedding set since Brandon “painted” our old set with Desitin that morning! I tried to clean it up the best I could…..but no matter how good of a job I did, it still smelt like the stuff! Tommy then wanted to check out K-Mart to see if they had any back packs. So, he took Brandon into the store with him, while I sat in the van with Logan and Marissa.

They were taking a while so I thought that they were looking really hard to find some. Next thing I look at the front door, and here they come walking out the door. I didn’t see a bag, so I thought that we were going to have to check out the Meijers to see if they had any. Then I noticed that Brandon had something on his back!

You guessed it! They found one and he loved it so much that he had to wear it out of the store! Tommy gets to the van and says “you won’t believe how much I paid for that back pack! But first you have to look at the price tag.” So I do, and it says that it is $19.99. He then says “how much do you think I paid for it?” I said “I don’t know…..$5.” He shakes his head and gives me the thumbs down motion and says “try lower.” I said “I don’t know…..$2.” He starts laughing and says “I paid $2.11 for that back pack!” What took so long was the cashier having to ring it up three times to make sure that it was ringing up right…..AND then calling for a price check to make sure that it was right!

He loves it, and of course when we got back to the house, Logan and Brandon started fighting over it! So, Tommy took the tags off of it and put it in the top of their closet until he needs it for school. It is really cute! It comes with a sandwich container and an ice pack! So, this really solidifies it……my big boy is going to school!

Tommy called his mom to tell her and she thought that he paid $4. I called my mom to tell her and she thought that since I said that Brandon had it on his back, that he got it for free. (not really…..but close!) She thought that because I told her that he had it on his back, that he just walked out of the store without paying for it. I had to laugh…..but my mom said that she wanted Tommy to do all of her bargain shopping from now on!

Francie~ Happy birthday to your DH! I remember being 24.…but then again it wasn’t that long ago! Thanks for the nice comment on my hair! I am trying to figure out how exactly the lady did my hair after she cut it…..but I am working with it.
Jane~ I will see if I can find one of me smiling. I have taken the last couple myself, so I was more worried about my double chin showing! I will have Tommy take a picture of my on Saturday. How is Neal’s back doing today?

Tammy~ Yeah I do recall being on that floor! I remember right after I had Brandon and got moved to my PP room, the nurse brought me in some orange juice and a bagel since I hadn’t eaten anything due to being in labor. I drink my juice and eat about half my bagel and fell asleep. I get woken up to my nether regions absolutely freezing! I open my eyes to see the nurse putting a rubber glove filled with us down there to “help with the swelling/healing process.” I looked at her, laughed and said “next time, can I get a little heads up first?”

Sorry to those that I missed….it is late and I am trying to get through my email before heading to bed. But I think I am just going to browse through my other email and then shove off to bed!

Shopaholic1204
02-16-2008, 08:37 AM
Ellen~ I feel like I have to push myself to go to the gym too. I dunno why, I used to like to go all the time.

Cristina~I'm on book 12 now. Its about this chick who dies in a car accident, and wakes up a vampire, lol. And the other vampires think she's like their new queen or whatever..but she doesnt want to be one..so they bribe her with designer shoes!! LOL!! I preordered a book from amazon yesterday!! I'm so excited. My friend & I have been reading this author since high school. We're so obsessed with her Shopaholic series. Ya, we're going to Seattle today. I can't wait. I know it sounds lame, but I love riding the ferry.

Mindee~Thats sooooo cute that your son loves his new backpack!! I remember being so excited with all my new school supplies. I remember wearing my backpack in my bedroom thinking I'd be so cool, lol. Thats as far as the school obsession went, LOL!! Awesome deal on the price too!!! I guess nobody at the store could believe how much it really was, lol.

Yesterday was a really bad day. I had a massive panic attack and then I cried myself to sleep. I dunno..I'm going through a lot of stuff right now. I dont want this to be another bad year like last year. But things got better when dh came home and had 2 belated Vday gifts for me. A locket, and a necklace that has both our birthstones on it!! Plus, he bought me some new nail polish, lol. We went out for mexican food, and both got a little homesick, lol. Then we got even more bummed out because we could end up living in Japan and they might not have any mexican resturants there. That would suck so bad!! I need to learn how to make tamales asap, lol.

Anyhoo..we're going to Seattle today!! I finally get to buy the fudge I've been craving for a year. Its low fat, and comes in a ton of flavors!!!!! My fave is hazelnut!!

Okay..I'm gonna go back and try to get some more sleep.

Jane
02-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Just a very quick one to say Neal seems worse, and if he isn't better tomorrow, I'm going to have him admitted. I feel sorry for him. :(

I'll be back when I can....

pattygirl63
02-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Just dropping in to say hello to everyone. I got my Richard Simmons "Sweatin' to the Oldies" DVD and started my exercises today with it. I actually did pretty good. Only one little part i cannot do because my knee I hope that will change in time. Plan is to do 3 days a week. I also ordered the "Stretching to the Classics". I thought I had that one, but lost it in the moves I guess. Any way I could do that one everyday or 6 days a week. It is about 15 min which would give me 3 days of 45 min of exercise which would be good for this gal.

Jane - I am so sorry Neal isn't feeling any better. Y'all are in my prayers.

I'll try to catch up on everybody else later. I hope you all have a great week end.

Hugs,
Trish

upswife
02-16-2008, 02:10 PM
HI all! things are good here. Dh worked until 2:30 ish, and I did have a hard time falling asleep with him not there. I guess I have gotten used to his normal hours. I did not do much, just watched a movie on Lifetime...Today we are going to the gym, first to work out, then to take the kids swimming. Hopefully we can hit the store on the way home too. Having hamburgers for dinner (One of our less healthy choices) But still ok as long as we are careful. Discovered that the bevel on my cabinets is not veneered, so we may have to just paint the cabinets instaed of re-staining them. :( MAybe I can convince DH to just replace them??:lol: Still trying to catch up form last week, have to get thru the kids toys, because it is bothering me that they are still out in the front room. Have to get it done on Tuesday, as the kids are off from school on Monday for Pres. Day.

Trish~I did the Sweating to the oldies as a teenager...I really liked them. I will have to look up the stretching one it sounds nice!

Jane~I hope Neal gets too feeling better. Will keep praying for you both!

Francie~I do like going to the gym, but some days it is so hard to mentally get there...but when I do "yell" at myself because I really enjoy it, so it shouldn't be that hard to convince myself to go. If any of that makes sense??? HAppy B-day to your hubby...mine turned 34 on V-day, so no flowers for me...but that's ok, still got dinner out w/o the kids!!! :carrot:

Mindee~so glad you found a backpack that fits!!! and such a low price!!! wow! Desitin is so hard to get out...have you tried washing the sheets in HOT water with some vinegar??? that should help with the smell.

Christina~boy you and Francie have me smoked! I am only on book 6! But in my defense I do have three little ones that keep me hoppin'. Love your new avie...it is so fun!!!

Sue~Glad that your mom's new meds seem to be working. Sorry about no jackpot...last time I went I came out about 4 dollars ahead...but DH lost all his! LOL

TAmmy~:hug: Sorry you had so much trouble this week. Hope your mom feels better soon! What floor do you usually work on??

Gotta run if we are going to make it out today...if I sit here too long We both will not want to have to go out in the cold!:snow4:

FrouFrou
02-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Hello ladies...

Jane...hugs, sorry about Neal.

Ellen...did ya make it to the gym?

Trish...yay to sweatin to the oldies! I love Richard Simmons! Sometimes I improvise with the exercise. If there's a move that bothers me, I will do one of the other moves during it or do it slowly...as long as you are moving that's all that matters.

Francie...so what is this book? Sounds interesting! Sorry about the attack. :hug: Glad DH made up for it...the gifts sounds nice. Enjoy Seattle today!

Mindee...WTG Tommy for finding a great deal on the backpack! Can't beat that price.

Nothing going on today...just a gloomy, blah day. Took a break from the reading, ha. To come here to read, lol. Anyway...enjoy the weekend all.

tommysgirl18
02-16-2008, 06:35 PM

nothing new on this end.....just dealing with two monster boys! we are planning on going to one of my sister's houses for a little "party" since her hubby is going back to a local plant for work. so we will be going over there for a little bit.....

Francie~ That sounds like how I was......until I got to high school. Yay on getting to book 12! have fun in Seattle!!!!

Jane~ I hope Neal's back feels better soon!

Trish~ That sounds like some great work out DVD's! I used to have one of them on tape, but I think I lent it to my mom or one of my older sisters.

Ellen~ That sounds like me....I have to get motivated to go through their toys. Maybe on monday or tuesday I will get them done, since Tommy is home from work. I will have to remember that trick the next time something gets painted onto the sheets. We were already planning on replacing them anyways, so we just bought a new set.

Cristina~ nope.....can't beat that prices at all! he had to go to meijers to get some new pillows for himself, and saw a Diego back pack that was marked on clearance for $10......and Tommy almost picked it up for him. I told him that the price is nice but I like the $2.11 one instead!

Marti
02-17-2008, 03:41 AM
Hugs to Neil, Jane!! :hug:

Hi all.....haven't been home all day...went to visit my sister and had her cut my mane! It was getting a bit unruly! My hair was down the middle of my back and now is up to my shoulders again. My hair grows waaaaayyyy to fast.

Sorry I haven't been on much lately, just been off staying busy. Work is long and tiring....staring at a computer all day is tiring to the eyes. I do need to check in more often though.

For now, I think I'll head off to bed. Have a good night and I'll pop in tomorrow.

Night! :wave:

Marti
02-17-2008, 03:42 AM
Well, since we're this close, I think I'll go ahead and start a new thread.

See you at 288!!