Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-04-2008, 04:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 116/114/95

Height: 5'0"

Default It's not a binge, it's a meal!

Okay, here's half of my bingeing problem: my sucky schedule.

I get to where I work at about 0830 and exercise in the hospital gym (yes, there is one) for about 45 minutes and then start work at 0930. Then I eat breakfast. I go on a 15 minute walk break at noon and then I get hungry so I have lunch.

At 1400 I have a half hour for "lunch" and go to the gym again.

At about 1530 I eat a larger meal which should be my "dinner".

I have another 15 minute walking break at 1700.

I work until 1800 and don't get home until (gasp) 1900. Then my husband, the former chef, makes dinner and by that time I'm hungry again and eat dinner, which could be anywhere from 500-1000 extra calories.

If I allow for this extra meal, it means I can't eat anything or hardly anything from noon until 1800, which I can't do because....I'm HORRIFICALLY BORED AT MY JOB.

Of course, if I eat the meal at night, it will cause me to want to binge on the blasted box of oatmeal raisin cookies or whatever constitutes an actual binge.

I can't change my schedule.

Any suggestions?

f
fkwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 04:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

What do you eat earlier in the day? Is it all healthy? I work a hoffirically boring job as well, I drink water all day. Which means I am headed to the restroom all day... but oh well. I make it a point to not have foods for snacking available at work. I bring what I am going to eat (what I have planned for the day) and don't eat anything else.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:47 AM   #3  

Maybe having your husband tell you what he is going to make for dinner ahead of time so you can work around it. Then as peachcake said only take what you plan to eat to work with no money readily available so you can't purchase anything whilst at work. Make sure what you take is healthy and filling.

GOODLUCK!
ashory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:59 AM   #4  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

I work with two skinny woman who are grazers(that's what I call it) they eat all day long(snacking) we have a full kitchen in our classroom.....so they could bring in a fatted calf and graze on it all day long!!! LOL

I bring in sunflower(saltless & shelled), carrots, a yogurt or some other sort of vegie or fruits.......this way I can nibble all day......and eat my heavy meal when my dh gets home from school he works 40+ hrs and goes to college at night....so our dinner is late.....we are working towards not eating a late meal, but for now it is what works.

the other suggestion is to eat your heavy meal in the daytime and let dh know you will be only eating a salad with him at dinner time.
DMPLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:38 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 116/114/95

Height: 5'0"

Thanks guys, yeah, it's all healthy, fruits, veggies, puffed whole grain cereal, rice milk or a green smoothie, low or no fat microwave popcorn, and about 2.5 L water a day plus coffee...

I tried doing the heavy meal thing in the daytime but it's hard to eat a salad when the dude makes spirals Alfredo with fresh garlic and parsley and pumpkin seeds and fake bacon bits to act like carbonara. The smell alone weighs about 50 pounds.

Today I'm having a smoothie for breakfast and salad all day long.

f
fkwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 12:20 PM   #6  
Captain Obvious

Height: 5'8

Try to have more protein in the morning for breakfast and for lunch. That should keep you fuller and perhaps you can just replace that 15:30 meal with just a snack, so when you go home for dinner you can eat without feeling guilty about it. I tend to eat most of the day too and the grazing really helps keep the hunger at bay.
gastronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:27 PM   #7  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

but on the plus, side, you're getting lots of good exercise....
Some boredom eaters find that chewing gum helps. Also fruit or herbal teas. If you're ok with the sweetners in diet coke you might try that...personally I think coke is gross, but hey, some people like it.
Me23 is offline   Reply With Quote