Weight Loss Support - Exhausted!

View Full Version : Exhausted!

modkittn
02-04-2008, 02:42 PM
I am literally exhausted today... and no, it isn't from staying up late and watching the football game like everyone else did here! ;) I just ended up staying up later than usual last night, plus I am on medication that makes me tired. All I want to do right now is eat and not because I am hungry (although I do have some veggies and FF yogurt for a snack this afternoon). Don't need advice (I've already tried the regulars - getting up and going for a walk, trying to talk to someone at the office, trying to be busy at work, etc), just need support to get me through this afternoon!

GONNABE165
02-04-2008, 02:48 PM
:hug: Modkittn I am sorry to hear you are so tired and nothing seems to be working for you lets just chalk it up to monday blues and good thing mondays almost over. Good luck!

modkittn
02-04-2008, 02:51 PM
I really know its because I haven't taken a lot of quiet time for myself lately. I've been working 6-day weeks so I only have Sunday to cook my big batches of food, do all the chores I need to get done around the house, doing the finances, do laundry, go to the gym, etc. I didn't stop from 8:30am yesterday until 10pm. So it was my only day off and I was BUSY. DH has been trying to help but there are some things (like cooking and finances - two things he's NEVER done) that I just wouldn't trust him with :lol: I have been taking time to go to the gym, but that isn't really restful. Maybe I just need to take some time tonight and take a nice hot bath with a good book! :book2:

mandalinn82
02-04-2008, 02:59 PM
i'm totally with you! crazy busy, so much stress, and not enough sleep...it'll make you crazy!

Take a nice hot bath with a book...what a really great idea! give yourself a break for a bit.

Lovely
02-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Arg. So much to do, not enough time to do it. :stress:

:hug: We're here for you.

peachcake
02-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Baths are my savior. When I get stressed and overwhelmed I do my normal gym/dinner thing then watch TV until about an hour before bed, then I take an hour long bath. When I get out, I am all relaxed and I can snuggle into bed with my dog and 4 cats. Teehee. It works for me. I tend to be a stress case, so I do this once every couple of weeks!

Altari
02-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Do you work near a book store? Books have been my hide-a-way from food lately. I've gone through over a dozen books in 2 months, lol. Maybe you could walk yourself down to the bookstore during a break or after work and pick up a few novels, some cutesy book marks and a nice tea.

Altari
02-04-2008, 03:07 PM
so I do this once every couple of weeks!
I do this every night. If I don't get my bath, I'm a cranky, cranky girl. :o

modkittn
02-04-2008, 03:12 PM
I could never afford to take a bath every night in the winter - we have an electric hot water heater - very expensive! I usually go to Borders just to look at books, but I never buy. My father literally has a library of sci-fi/fantasy so I borrow everything from him (way more extensive than the actual library's sci-fi/fantasy collection) or I will go to the library if I want to borrow something of a different genre! I actually have a lot of my own books I haven't read yet :)

just_a_dreamy1
02-04-2008, 05:26 PM
I agree, it's been a crazy Monday :dizzy:

Wishing you lots of :dust:

:hug: