LA Weight Loss - Feb. 4 - 10 Losers and Friends...

View Full Version : Feb. 4 - 10 Losers and Friends...

Dan2112
02-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Wow.. Where is everyone? Sleeping off the Super Bowl festivities?

Our day passed pretty uneventfully.. Made OP chicken nuggets with wing sauce yesterday and we just stayed home and enjoyed the game together.. I gotta tell you though, the chicken along with the hot sauce REALLY made me want a beer.. Probably a good thing there was none in the house.. So I settled for a diet pepsi max.. :lol:

We enjoyed the game.. Not really having a dog in the fight, it was fun to see the Giants pull off a huge upset.. Wish I had put some money on it somewhere!

So.. Stay on plan this week and get your water in!!

MomOfThreeTeens
02-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Good morning Dan!!! I cant believe nobody has been around this morning!
Hope everybody has an amazing week!

Mama Nicole
02-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Good morning Kim and Dan. I think everyone is too ashamed to show up here this a.m. Not me.....:lol:, although I should be :lol:. I made and ate some very sinful Nestle Tollhouse pie yesterday.....and that's all I have to say about that. I, like Joni, have a very strict food plan for the week, and I am going to give it all I have to see if I can reverse this terrible mind set I have going lately. Hey, Kim, did you hear I am going to be a Grandma? Anyway......I am off to make my OP breakfast :) Everyone be good this week........it is so worth it :)
XOXO

Katy66
02-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Good morning! Yes, I'm a little slow this morning after our late evening last night. Had some friends and family over for the Superbowl...I couldn't be happier about the outcome! Food was on plan (portions were probably a little larger than they should have been) but had a few extra liquid fruits. I did the buffalo chicken tenders (YUMMY); turkey chili; and a huge veggie tray with ff dip. There were some chips and the like as well but I managed to avoid them:) I am definately feeling it this morning too...bloated.

It certainly is a slow morning, I expected close to a page to catch up on. Better run and get to work. I have a presentation to make on Thursday and haven't even started. I have the data, but not in any form to share with folks. Have a great day!

Katy66
02-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Good morning Nicole, we must have been posting at the same time!

krjpy
02-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Morning all. I had a great Super Bowl, and so did my DS who watched most of the last quarter through his fingers :D. Go Giants!

Hope everyone is planning on a wonderful POP week ... I am!

amylou7777
02-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Wow- where is everyone???

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine wasn't so hot-spent most of it working on school stuff...yuck! went a little too off plan for my taste last night- I was doing great with the veggie tray and then had a little too much wine...which lead to some chips....but I'm not going to dwell, I'll be back in action today. JOni, Nicole- I'm with ya on the STRICT food plan this week. We have our formal dance for school this Sat-so I'm not going to mess up lookin my best for that!

Gotta get to work-but hope everyone is having a great Monday!

PolarBear2008
02-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Hey Everyone! Did Okay this weekend but am having a POP day so far! I have all my meals and snacks planned and with me at work today.

Have a great Day!

Repo girl
02-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Well, I totally bombed the weekend. No worries though, I back to POP this morning, and it will all be fine.

Nicole- You can do it, just stay close by, will ya?

Dan- My stomach has been really upset last night and this morning. Turns out my tummy was not used to this crappy food.

Amy- A dance, how fun. You will look great!

Katy- Good job, sounds like you did pretty darn good. You too Kelly and Polar Bear.

I have 2 new daycare kids today. 7 month old twins. They are so cute.

Okay everyone, back in the saddle this morning, no excuses, we can do this!!!

Mama Nicole
02-04-2008, 11:27 AM
ohhhh, babies........I just love babies!!! How many kids do you have all together, Katie?

Katy66
02-04-2008, 11:31 AM
My stomach is upset too, even though the food was horrible I think it was the amount and just "richer" than my tummy is used to. So, salad with grilled chicken for lunch it is.

Debbie24
02-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Morning everyone.

I'm not a football fan so i didnt watch the superbowl like many of you. I had a little upset this morning. The scale said 158 yesterday and today for no reason it says 159. I'm not too upset because i didnt do anything to make it higher so hopefully tomorrow i'll be back where it should.

Good news DH has lost 15lbs so far, he started with me on 12/31. I'm so proud of him. I cant believe he's lost 15lbs already. His ideal body weight is around 148 so he has about 11lbs to go.

Nicole - I havent said it yet. Congrats on being a Grandma soon. Its great that you are supporting your daughter, she's lucky to have you.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and a POP week!

Dan2112
02-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Great news for your hubbie, Debbie... It's a sad fact that us men lose faster, but let not your heart be troubled... We also seem to gain it back just as fast :lol:....

Congrats on the pending grandbaby, Nicole!!! I'm not sure how I'll take that news, when it eventually comes for either my son or daughter... It's hard enough thinking about the fact that some of my classmates already have kids in high school...

cecil
02-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Well I have to admit I was bad! And I felt bad while I was doing it. The place we went had $5 all you can eat sloppy joes cheddar munchers crackers and cheese and mini tacos! All bad! And I had them all except the sloppy joe! Ha ha! Oooops! And probably a few too many beer too. But I am right back on plan today. This week will be very strict. No more staying! Congrats to those who stayed on plan! You rock!

Repo girl
02-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Nicole- Actually, I have 20 on my roster. I am only licensed for 12 at a time, but I have several part timers who do not all come at the same time. Crazy, I know, but I make a lot more money that way.

MomOfThreeTeens
02-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Nicole- Congrats on the grandbaby. I know its not great timing with your daughter being so young, but God doesnt make mistakes. Theres a reason this baby is supposed to be here. All I can say is that baby is gonna have one sexy grandma!

bradleys mom
02-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Well, I am glad to see that everyone is not feeling too guilty about the SB cheats! At least you all had fun! I too was glad to se the Giants win last night! I wasnt really rooting for anyone at first, but after the Samuels guy made the arrogant gesture after blocking that (would have been) touchdown pass, I jumped on the NY bandwagon.

I was good, believe it or not! I factored in a few tortilla chips and salsa, but that was the furtherest I went off plan yesterday. YAY!

Valentines day is a week and a half away, What is everyone planning on doing?

pjbeau
02-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Good Morning my buddies!! :wave::wave:

Well, I guess I did things backwards from everyone else. I really messed up last week, then did really well over the weekend. We stayed home to watch the game and had a good OP dinner. DH did BBQ chicken on the grill...yummm.

Because of my slip up during the week, at WI this morning I'm just spinning my wheels...no loss, but no gain.

I need some advice from the color plan gurus. When I was going to a COD three years ago I was on Gold w/lites. Now that I'm doing this on my own and don't want to do the lites I put myself on Purple w/no lites. Is this the right plan for me??

Have a great POP day!

ferrarimomof2
02-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Good morning all,

I had 4 birthday parties to attend this weekend. I did great at all of them. It was making the cake for my niece that I messed up on. You know that icing and fresh cake taste great. I only had a couple bites. It was just to tempting after cutting off the cake to level it out and then having extra icing. I am the only person that I know that tries to loose weight while making and decorating everybody's cakes. Oh well, I too am on a strict diet this week. I really want to make my Valentine's goal.

I went to WI this morning and was down 3/4 of a lb from Friday. So, not to bad. Well, my DS has a play date so I better go.

Nicole- I don't think I have told you yet, CONGRATULATIONS on the grandbaby. Your daughter is very lucky to have you support her. And as has been said here before GOD doesn't make mistakes.

Everyone stay POP.

BarbaraB
02-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Paula, Yes I think Purple would be the plan for you if you want to skip the lites.

Dan, Sorry about the fender bender. Actually when you think about it, we are all lucky it does not happen more often.

To all those who like me had a bad weekend, well today is a new day and we'll just get right back with the program. I did have some birthday cake, and also I had some wine (more than I should have). Yesterday I was not too bad, but we did a 90 minute spin class, and I ate a bit extra...

I better run to the meeting (the one I call the super boring monday meeting)

Repo girl
02-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Paula- I am still on red w/ no lites, and still was even in the 160's.

Repo girl
02-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Barbara- How was the company party?

Dionne- Sounds like to did pretty darn good considering.

Kimberly- I don't know about Valentines day. We always go to Jackpot, NV for a couple of days over Presidents Day weekend, so Valentines day gets kind of thrown over.

Debbie24
02-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Dionne i decorate cakes sometimes too. When i did the diet the 1st time around i was taking decorating classes and i made cakes every single week. I dont kow how i lost 40lbs. LOL. It is very hard to resist the part you cut off from leveling, thats the best part to me. How long have you been decorating? I dont do it too often now, no time.

Mama Nicole
02-04-2008, 01:33 PM
thank you all for your kind words about Grandbaby and DD :)

Dan........I have to admit, I chuckled a teensy tiny bit when I read about your fender bender. DH says I'm sick like that.......but I guess I just choose to laugh instead of cry :) It does suck though........new cars are like accident magnets......

you guys are KILLING me with the cake talk. maybe some of you don't know it yet, but I LOVE CAKE....:lol:. I, too, used to decorate cakes. I rarely do now, and that is partly cuz I don't live by my mama anymore. We were kind of a team with cake deco. She is much neater than I am......and I am more daring than she is.......so we made some awesome cakes together. Good times, good times.

Kristen..........where are you dear?

Paula.....I agree, purple w/o lites........however, if you have a hard time with that, I would switch to red w/o lites like Katie mentioned. Not doing lites can be a tough change, and they are quite a few more calories than one veggie and a half of a protein, or whatever the difference is between gold and purple.

ok, have to run.........sorry I didn't get to everyone......scatter brained today :)

ferrarimomof2
02-04-2008, 01:35 PM
I took classes also last year when I was trying to loose weight by myself. I lost 30 lbs not sure how either. However, it found me again later. HAHA. The cakes every week were torture. My husband would take them to work every week to get them out of the house. His co workers didn't like it when my class ended. I have been decorating for years. My first class was last year. I would just mess around with the decorating part. I want to go back and take the classes for fondant classes. I hope to do that soon.

Mama Nicole
02-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Dionne......do you think fondant tastes good? We pride our pretty cakes on their fab flavor :) Also, do you ever watch Ace of Cakes?

dawn78
02-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Being you all are talking about cakes, I have a non-diet related question. For my DD’s first b-day I want to try to make a red velvet cake, her b-day is on Valentine’s Day so I thought it would be fitting, but do any of you have a good recipe for this? I’ve been searching the internet and reading tons of reviews, but I can’t decide on one to try. I’m planning on experimenting this coming weekend but I thought that maybe some of you “professional” cake bakers have some advice or a recipe. If not, that's okay, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Debbie24
02-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Nicole - sorry about all the cake talk. i'm going to start craving some soon. Sounds like you and your mama made some pretty cakes. I never dared to try the premade fondant but marshmellow fondant is yummy, i made it at home. I'm not good at working with fondant tho.

Dionne - I also wanted to go back and do the fondant class but with the little men around i have no time especially since my youngest is attached to me (literally). I always sent the cakes with DH to work so i wasnt tempted and now they asked for cake at every occasion. They love my cakes, or maybe they just love free cakes :lol:

Dawn i'll do a search and see what i can find for you on the red velvet.

BarbaraB
02-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Katie, The company party was very nice. It was a dinner where they just plunk the food down in front of you, so I didn't do as well as I would have hoped. The salad came swimming in dressing already. They put the dessert in front of me, and I ate it. I felt that I looked great though. They had pictures from company events from years and years, and oh my... I was so fat before. I was shocked at old pictures of myself.

Dawn, First birthdays are so much fun. I've never made red velvet cake, so I am not much help there. I made my daughter a very small cake all for her for her first birthday. I think it may have been maybe 5 inches across. Of course she got more on her than in her. My DD turns 19 on Wednesday. Time flies.

I don't think I could take cake decorating class and actually lose weight! You guys have more self discipline than me.

zambejaly5
02-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Dan - this one is for you....... This weekend my teenagers had a scavenger hunt with their church group. They broke up into teams and had to find the things on their lists. Then they had to take pictures of them and get back to the church. Things like ... get someone to sing the Oscar Meyer weiner song....a picket fence...... a church member wearing overalls and a hat... but no shoes pushing a wheel barrow with all the teens in it..... well the team with my kids stopped by the house and since my husband wasn't home I got to be the one in overalls, etc. after that picture they needed one of them all in a tree. We have 12 acres of woods so that was not a problem either. so they headed to our valley to one of the better climbing trees..... well their youth leader said, "Amber.... why don't you drive my truck down there." that would be my 15 y/o DD...... I thought.... hmmmm that doesnt' sound like a good idea... but said nothing. well she ended up side swiping a tree, giving his newer pick up a nice big dent and removing the side mirror. He was very nice about it and told her not to be upset. She told him she would pay for it and he said, no, no,no don't worry..... But now I am wondering what is my responsibility..... I was back in the house when it happened. and didn't even hear about it until they had left, finished their hunt and had come back home....... so I never even spoke to their leader. I dont' have the money to fix it. and he should not have had an unlicensed teen drive his truck......... grrrrr. I wanted my husband to handle it, call the guy and talk with him...... but he was just mad that the guy let her drive his truck anyway.

I didn't enjoy work today. and am really wondering why I am working instead of being at home and doing the things I need to do there....... I need to just hold on til summer, then I will have 3 months off. maybe I will be ready to go back in the fall.

there is a girl at our church that is pregnant, and is already looking for someone to watch her baby when she has it. I thought that might be fun. but I don't know.

Mama Nicole
02-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Katie....you are nuts!!! :lol:
Where is Lynn today????

Repo girl
02-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Ooooh, Lettie it would be fun!

cecil
02-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Katie I just wanted to say that I finally logged in and looked at your progress pics today! You look great! I just wanted to let you the results are awesome! Keep it up!

Repo girl
02-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Thanks Cecilia!

Lynn- Come out come out wherever you are!

Nicole- Yes, nuts indeed!

dawn78
02-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Debbie – thanks for the recipes. The first one you sent me is similar to the one I have and the one I think I’m going to try and make. I’m also making a carrot cake, which is my absolute favorite, but I thought the Red Velvet would look great.

Nicole – I don’t think I ever congratulated you on your future granddaughter. Like everyone else posted, God has a plan, he knows what he’s doing, you and your family just have to have faith in what’s ahead. I’m sure you’ll make a great grandmother and it will probably strengthen the bond between you and your daughter that much more. Congratulations once again!

Dan2112
02-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Dan - this one is for you....... This weekend my teenagers had a scavenger hunt with their church group. They broke up into teams and had to find the things on their lists. Then they had to take pictures of them and get back to the church. Things like ... get someone to sing the Oscar Meyer weiner song....a picket fence...... a church member wearing overalls and a hat... but no shoes pushing a wheel barrow with all the teens in it..... well the team with my kids stopped by the house and since my husband wasn't home I got to be the one in overalls, etc. after that picture they needed one of them all in a tree. We have 12 acres of woods so that was not a problem either. so they headed to our valley to one of the better climbing trees..... well their youth leader said, "Amber.... why don't you drive my truck down there." that would be my 15 y/o DD...... I thought.... hmmmm that doesnt' sound like a good idea... but said nothing. well she ended up side swiping a tree, giving his newer pick up a nice big dent and removing the side mirror. He was very nice about it and told her not to be upset. She told him she would pay for it and he said, no, no,no don't worry..... But now I am wondering what is my responsibility..... I was back in the house when it happened. and didn't even hear about it until they had left, finished their hunt and had come back home....... so I never even spoke to their leader. I dont' have the money to fix it. and he should not have had an unlicensed teen drive his truck......... grrrrr. I wanted my husband to handle it, call the guy and talk with him...... but he was just mad that the guy let her drive his truck anyway.

Well, that's "youth leaders" for you.. Heart's in the right place, even if the brain isn't.. :lol:

Seriously though.. I'm so glad she wasn't hurt.. Not being a lawyer, I can only tell you what I think.. As far as responsibility on your part.. NADA... HE let her drive it. HE knew she is only 15 and thus, not legal to drive. The fact that she offered to pay for it may come up at somepoint, but I think your DH needs to have a talk to him or the pastor. Letting a 15 year old drive a truck like that shows a lack of responsibility. Of course, that's the parent in me talking.. Had this been me when I was a kid in my church's youth group, I would have jumped at the chance to drive...

Yeah.. Where's Lynn??

BarbaraB
02-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Lettie, Your 15 yo DD could not possibly have any idea how much something like that is likely to cost. So her offer to pay for it, well she just didn't even really know what she was offering, since really she is only 15. He said to not worry about it, so put it in God's hands. I have trouble with that sometimes, as I put it in God's hands, but then take it back out to worry about it some more. I hope your job gets better. I have to focus on enjoying the people that I like and try to avoid being annoyed by those who seem to be put on earth to teach the rest of us patience and humility.

Katie, 20 kids!!!!! oh my. I know not all full time, but 12 at a time is a lot too. Is that counting your own children too? Wow... I was overwhelmed staying at home with just my one child when she was young, so I just can't imagine.

Lynn, come back... We need your discipline to keep us in line. We need you to make us "be real" with ourselves. Since I'm so very good at denial when it comes to food intake.

Mama Nicole
02-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Katie........I have to share a very quick story with you, back from when I did home daycare. I was certified by my county, not lisenced, so I could only have 6 kids.....which was plenty for me........anyway...........one day, I was checking my e-mail during business hours, and my 2 yr (at the time) DD gave herself and two of her friends super short haircuts!!!! I was right there......and she was that quick. :lol:. I was sooooooo embarrased. After DD having butch bangs for almost 2 full years, I realized that she cut her hair, and everyone elses she could get her hands on, cuz she hated the way hair felt on her forehead. To this day, she will not wear bangs..........luckily I have talked her into growing them out instead of scalping herself in front. :lol:

ferrarimomof2
02-04-2008, 06:04 PM
Nicole- I have not ever tasted fondant. I just think that the cakes are really pretty.

Dawn- I have never baked a red velvet cake so I am no help. Sorry.

Repo girl
02-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Oh, I had a 3 little girls do that a few years ago, my younger DD included. It was a terrible day, that is for sure.

Repo girl
02-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Barbara- I would have eaten the dessert too, LOL. That is not including my kids, however my school kids don't get home until 5:00 and most of my daycare kids are gone by then.

lizababe
02-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Ok, LAWL needs to come out with a red velvet or carrot cake bar now... mmmmm! I made a HUGE red velvet cake for my daughter's sweet 16 last September. It tasted yummy but spreading the icing was a little messy as the pretty white cream cheese ended up smeared with red.

So I went to COD today for my WI and didn't expect to see any loss. I was just hoping to not have a gain because I was for the most part very careful with my food over the weekend.. but I didn't get any exercise in. I was down 1.8!!!!

And more on the good news front. I woke up in the middle of the night to an extra warm lump on my bed against my back. I turned around to find Oliver purring away all snuggled up against me! That's a big change from hiding and hissing when I try to touch him! He even followed Mini-Me around this morning meowing and purring at her just like he did before this paw incident. Yay!

Ok, back to work. Stay POP everyone!

Repo girl
02-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Great job on the loss Liza! Also, wonderful news about Oliver!

JLem311
02-04-2008, 06:45 PM
liza--so glad that kitty is starting to get better. :)

not much to report for me today. just got home from work. snowed here today..ick.
gotta work at 5am tomorrow, then off for 2 days then work the rest of the weekend. gotta find some time to go to COD in there somewhere. not really feeling going there much anymore, since i'm doing just fine holding myself accountable...thinking about ditching them, but not sure. i only use them to get a journal when i need a new one..that's about it. still undecided about that, but we'll see. it's just so far out of my way all the time and only a quick 2min visit. any thoughts?

ok, gonna go for today. hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. i'm off at 11am and i'm going to do some pilates, start a new book and rest after that.

BarbaraB
02-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Jillian, How many more weight loss weeks do you have left? I seem to remember that you bought some more not long before you decided that you were moving. It seems a shame to not go when you paid for it.

Liza, Good loss. Must be all those short stints exercising starting to make a difference finally, or your body finally adjusting to the new plan. Glad Oscar is acting more his old self.

Katie, Thanks, it makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one who can not be trusted to sit in front of that chocolate truffle cake drizzled with raspberry sauce(I just went and looked at their menu to see what that irresistable thing was). I guess that is the difference with day care kids, you get to send them home.

JLem311
02-04-2008, 07:25 PM
i have like 11 or 12wks left, but they're really not doing anything for me. i don't buy any product from them, they don't really "counsel" me or help me in any way. i stay OP because I want to, not any other reason. i used to stay OP because i feared WI and wanted to do well, but not anymore. it's all about me and for me. i keep myself accountable. i know what to do and how to do it.
yeah, it's a waste to let those weeks go by, so i'll probably still keep going once a week like i have been doing, but to me it's just time out of my schedule to make a special trip there for nothing much really. all to get weighed on a scale that shows me up about 1.5lbs than my home scale because i have to wear clothes to the COD! :)
i guess the last 2x's i joined and then left the COD thinking i could do it on my own, i really shouldn't have because i really wasn't in the same mind-frame that i am now. i never did as well or lost as much as i have this time around. i guess i wasn't 100% ready to do it i guess. this time it's for real, for me and for life. i just feel different about it than i did the last times i joined LA. plus, i didn't have y'all or this website and the plethera of info!

i dunno..just been thinking about that lately and wondering why i waste my time with them when i'm not getting anything out of it.

amylou7777
02-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Hi friends! Wow, it's been one hectic Monday. I'll spare you all the details, but long story short- I'm ready to be done with school!

I've done great food wise, but will be on campus til 830 and when I get home I'll be out of food for the day! That's always a recipe for cheating-but not tonight! I'm counting on being so tired that I go to bed without sneaking anything that's not allowed!

Barbara- I'm so glad to hear that you felt so confident at your work party! That is the best feeling in the world, and I hope that the food, while not on plan, was at least tasty!

Felicia- congrats on the house stuff! So glad things are moving along!

Dan- bummer about the parking lot mishap. I hope Liz forgave you!!

Lettie-I'm sorry you are having a hard time at the job. I think you are right that once you get to summer you will be fine, and by the end of summer going back will be something to look forward to.
As for your daughter's youth advisor, I by no means am qualified to give legal advice, BUT from what I do know, you are not liable, and most likely your DD is not liable either. I hope this doesn't turn into a lawsuit or even an argument, but in case is gets sticky know that the youth advisor took responsibility for what happened to his truck when he negligently entrusted his car to a known unlicensed driver. His knowledge that she was unlicnsed and underage make him liable under most laws. Her offer to pay would most likely mean nothing bc she is a minor who was under his supervision. By negligentl entrusting his vehicle to your daughter, he assumed the risk that she would not be capable of driving. I really hope that he doesn't try to make you pay and I hope that your DD is ok. Very glad no one was hurt.

Liza- so glad to see you had a nice loss and I'm SO glad to hear that Oliver is getting back to his old self!

Hi Jillian-as someone who no longer has a COD, I would caution you to hesitate before deciding to ditch the COD. I remember feeling the same way you are, but the thing was that every once in a while they would say something or remind me of something that would just click in my head and get me back on track when I would start to waiver. I had started going less frequently but knowing they were there was a really good thing (which I now realize). That's just my 2 cents. How many weeks have you paid for? That would be a big issue for me.

Hi Cecilia, Katie, Katy, Nicole, Dionne, Debbie, Kimberly, Kim, Laurie, Tina

speaking of Tinas-where's Emmy's mommy been hiding?/

And yes-where's Lynn?!!

Alright- back to the grindstone.

Here's to a truly POP week!

BarbaraB
02-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Jillian, Your COD requires clothing? LOL. I know where you are coming from, as I stopped going to my COD too, even though I paid for the weeks and still have something like 30 boxes left of lites to pick up. I do plan on going back, I just keep putting it off... I think we all have to get to the point where we are doing it ourselves for ourselves and are committed to to keeping the change our whole lives. I would come and go as you please. You paid them, so they should do it your way... As they get paid even if you only show up once a week or once every other week.

Repo girl
02-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Also, where is Tuesday?

GrandmaCindy
02-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Sounds like a mixed review of the weekend and I'm on the side of didn't mess up too much, but wasn't exactly POP. Had a long day at work but enjoyed catching up on all the happenings. Hats off to those that can make the cakes, watch all the precious children, go to school ... and of course to those with losses! I, too miss Lynn's knowledge sharing. I will get back on track ... back on track ... back on track ... Cindy

Repo girl
02-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Come on Cindy, you can do it!

zambejaly5
02-05-2008, 08:15 AM
the part that made it all unclear for me was it happened on my property..... so I dropped my kids off at church and turned them over to the youth leader.... and they drove around town.... one of their stops happened to be at my house and that is where it happened. I was in the house at the time and did not even see it happen, but being on my own property, I wasn't sure if that changed any liability. had it happened somewhere else then it would have been completely in his custody. I wouldn't think that just because he was taking pictures on our property would me that she was back in my custody....... right?

well I have gotten up two days in a row now to do my treadmill. we have a thing going at work starting yesterday, that we have to exercise everyday. (m-f) if we don't we have to put 50 cents in the Pot... at the end of the school year who ever has the most days of exercise in gets the pot. so, so far I am 2 for 2.

I better get to work...... have a great day all!

Tuesday Cool
02-05-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm here! Just buried in homework, housework, and family duties. This section in my classes had me bamboozled! Glad to hear everybody is still around for the most part. It can be difficult to stay motivated into the next month.
I am still contemplating where to set my goal weight. I chose a number out of the sky on my first day and now think I should lose more. but I hate to set myself up for regaining when I am done. No COD to discuss this with so I may ask my doctor. I really want to be healthy and not yo-yo diet. I would rather be a size 20 again then do that.
Gosh, I sound a little melon-collie today...

Katy66
02-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Good morning everyone! Stepped on the scale this morning and it was mean I tell you MEAN! I didn't think I had done TOO badly over the weekend but darn I must have been worse than I thought :( I think I have other retention issues going on....TOM is approaching fast. Well enough of that! My goal for today is to get all my water in; all my food in; and stay on plan! I did get a 30 minute work out in last night at the gym here at work.

Lettie - glad there were not injuries (other than the truck) in your daughter's accident. I agree with Dan, I don't think you can be held responsible at all!

Dawn - I love Red Velvet cake. My mom used to make one every Christmas. I will try to find her recipe...not sure it is any different from the ones you already have though.

Barbara - glad the company party went well!

AmyLou - I love the new avatar pic.

Liza - Great loss and so glad to hear your cat is doing better.

Hi Jillian, Nicole, Debbie, Cecilia, and Cindy. The rest of you need to come out of hiding...you know who you are (Kim, Emily, Lynn)

Gotta run...I've got a busy day today!

bradleys mom
02-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Good morning all! No time for personals today, I am going out with my parents today and I am so excited about it! I feel like I am always stuck here at home, work or school!

The scale was very kind today! I am at another low, at 232.6 ! I am almost out of the 230's and it doesnt even seem real!

OMG! I hit the big 30 lbs!!!!!!! I didnt even realize til I changed my ticker!!!

Dan2112
02-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Fantastic news Kimberly!!! Way to go!!!

Good morning all.. Nothing much going on here today except work.. The storm that dumped more than three feet of snow in our northern mountains did little more than make the streets wet around Albuquerque.. While that's good for driving conditions, just once in a while, I'd like to see the city get a good dumping.. It seems the storms always dry out or just avoid us.. I'm sure it has something to do with being in a valley next to a mountain, but I really don't know..

PolarBear2008
02-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Yeah Kimberly!! "Weigh" to go!! You are doing great!

Debbie24
02-05-2008, 10:12 AM
Morning Everyone!!

Well just as i was hoping the scale seems to be back to normal this morning but i wont be changing my ticker until monday. It was 157.6 this morning so i'm happy.

Amy - love the new avatar. Did you do good when you got home lastnight?

Cindy - sounds like you had a good weekend. POP today??

Lettie - geez how stressful having to deal with the whole car thing. I hope he doesnt go after you for the damages. Did you or your DH speak to him yet? WTG on the exercising!

Tuesday - do you know what your ideal weight should be? I think as long as you are under 25% BMI you would be fine and thats mostly what matters to the docs.

Katy - hang in there. sometimes the scale is mean to me for no reason one day and then its back to normal the next day so i hope yours is nicer to you tomorrow or whenever you WI again.

Kimberly - Congrats on 30lbs lost. Hopefully you will be out of the 230's soon. Have fun with your parents today.

Dan - Hopefully you will get some snow when its your day off so that you dont have to drive in it. I think we're going to be in the 80's here today and that is wonderful to me. March should be beautiful for your visit.

:wave: Barbara, Cecilia, Katie, Nicole, Lynn (where are you) & everyone else.

Hope everyone has a POP day.

Dan2112
02-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Let's hope so Debbie.. I know you guys are in a horrible drought, but if it could hold out just a bit longer so we can enjoy the Most Expensive Place on Earth without rain, I'd be really happy..

My mom and her husband are out in Hawaii at the moment and it's been raining a LOT, unfortunately... I say "her husband" because at 85, it's too wierd to call him my "stepdad", especially since they've only been married going on 4 years...

amylou7777
02-05-2008, 10:54 AM
YEAH KIMBERLY!!!! You are SO close to 229-vday here you come!!

Debbie-thanks! And yes, I came home and didn't eat one thing! I was so tired, I came on here and then went to bed. Just a glass of water! That is a HUGE accomplishement for me!
Congrats on seeing 156! I hope you change your ticker soon!

Scale still hasn't moved....I'm trying not to be bummed but I thought I would at least see some movement. I'm done with TOM, but I guess the weekend wine and handful of chips are going to slow things down. Darn! I hope thurs gives me something to work with bc I"m running out of steam here!

Lettie-the fact that it happened on your property shouldn't be of concern, especially since you were not in the vicinity at the time. I like your work challenge a lot! Keep it up!

Hi Cindy, Kimberly Polar, Katy, Dan, Katie!

I'm going to try to sneak a workout in!

Here's to a POP day!

LizzyW
02-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Hey everyone,

Sorry it has been so long. Work has been keeping me busy, even at home. But now that things have settled down here at work, it isn't affecting home.

Well, as Dan said, we had a bit of a mishap this last weekend. At first I was very upset, but then realized that these things do happen. At the same time, I remember the last time I got a new vehicle, in 2003, it was totalled in 2004 and I think that was what got me upset the most. But I am alright now and was already telling him during the movie that it was alright. We are waiting for the parts to get in, whatever those may be, to have it fixed which should be today or tomorrow.

Well the struggle continues. I am still at 170 and was as high as 175 a couple of days ago. But realized I had stuff stored in my body that had not come out, if you know what I mean. So am back down to 170 today. I still am struggling with getting back on plan completely. Like Dan said, for some reason I am not getting in all my fruit. Maybe because I am bored with them. But I usually am always forgetting something. So today, I am going to do my damndest to keep on plan. I brought some turkey, cheese and one piece of bread for lunch. I had oatmeal for breakfast. And am going to try to get all my water in. Wish me luck.

Nicole - Congrats on the grandbaby. I am not sure how I would take the news, but whats done is done right. You will be a great GM.

Liza, Jillian, and all other losers - congrats on the loses. I envy you. LOL.

I guess I had better get something done today. Talk more later.
Liz

Mama Nicole
02-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Good morning everyone :) It has been a very busy morning for me....and I am only stopping in to say hello, do a bit of reading, and check to see if Lynn stopped in :( I hope everyone is having a great day and staying OP.
Liz.......good to see you, and thankyou :)
Amy.....love love love the new avatar. :)
Hellos to everyone.......I really must be off now..........but I hope to be back soon to play :)
XOXO
day 2 of being a very good girl :)

ferrarimomof2
02-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Good morning all,

It is Mardi Gras day here. So, my DS is out of school. I only have a minute but did want to check in and say that I hope everyone has a POP day.

Kimberly- Congrats on the loss

Amy- I like your new avatar pic.

Everyone else that I missed- Have a great day.

BarbaraB
02-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Liz, I decided to look at frozen foods, since the selection in the fruit isle at the store was so abysmal this time of year. There are some good options that are not loaded with sugar and frozen berries are wonderful with yogurt in a smoothie for breakfast. You may not have lost any recently, but you didn't gain either. Just maintaining your loss over the holidays and during a stressful time at work is a victory for you.

Kimberly, Glad to see the scale at an all time low. Your valentine's goal looks like you could make it. Have a POP day, even with your folks. 30 pounds is great.. that is when everyone started to really notice that I had lost weight.

Lettie, Good for you, even if you don't win the pot, you win by getting your exercise in. Exercise has become so important to me. I can't believe how good it makes me feel, and I was never ever like that in the past.

Amylou, I love your new avatar. You look like a lawyer I would hire. I think perhaps your weight is stalled because you are stressed from school work. It sounds like you are working very hard. Try to steal some time to exercise and to relax or meditate or pray (whatever brings you to a peaceful place).

Dionne, You get a day off for Mardi Gras? Wow... I guess it is a big time celebration in the south. I usually give up something for Lent, but this year have not decided on anything yet. Probably should give up alcohol, even though I don't drink very often. I feel bad as I promised my DD that we would take her out on her birthday and already made the reservations and plans, and then learned that it was ash wednesday on her birthday (which traditionally we fast on that day). Oh well.. I converted to Catholocism, but I don't think I've quite got this Catholic thing down, but I think I'm not doing too bad, since I feel so guilty...

Hi Nicole, Is your DD feeling well? I guess she might be long over morning sickness by now anyway.

pjbeau
02-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi...just a quick check in to see what's happening with everyone. I'm doing okay so far today...stayed OP yesterday, but not quite POP...trying more today.

I'll come back later when I have more time.

Stay strong.

Repo girl
02-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Hi everyone, I am here too, just lurking. I have an insane number of kids today. I will try to check back in later!

ChefsGirl
02-05-2008, 03:34 PM
OMG! How could I be posting on here for over a month and not know about this thread? Am I living under a rock?

I love hearing bits of your personal lives!

I will be checking in daily!

Not much going on here. Freakin' snowing again. This has been a very active winter to say the least. Very much looking forward to Florida next weekend :flow2:

I too my COD's advice and went back to a week when I did well to try and get back on track. So far so good today! Will be hitting the treadmill right after work also.

GrandmaCindy
02-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Another long day at work. I do fine, stop by grocery store and end up eating the whole bag of grapes on the way home. Groceries to the trunk in the future. Guess I was eating my fruit and Liz's, too!

Amy - great picture. Kimberly, great loss!

Katie: I know you've mentioned you use Laughing Cow Cheese. Is that one of the types of cheese that should be used infrequently? I tried some on crackers yesterday and it was really good.

Way to go to all the loosers! You give the rest of us something to strive for! Cindy

ferrarimomof2
02-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Yes, we get the day off for Mardi Gras. You know because no matter what New Orleans says the birthplace of Mardi Gras was Mobile. There are about 6 parades here today. I didn't go down to the parades today. My son is not feeling well and my hubby is out of town. I don't like to go in big crowds with the kids without him.

I stayed POP today for the first time in a while. I really hope to see a great loss on Friday.

Tuesday Cool
02-05-2008, 10:24 PM
My least favorite day! Fat Tuesday! Well, that is not me any longer! So there! From now on it is Skinny Tuesday! Well at least "normal body weight if a little self conscious and not ready for a bikini or even trying pants on at Loeman's Tuesday"
I am going to compile some of my easy to mix up "recipes" and will post this weekend for all you bored eaters. I have some great stuff. Using some basic items and mixing and matching I come up with something new every day- OP!!!!
Sorry, Dan most have a fare bit of NaCl.
As for me give me salt!

Debbie24
02-05-2008, 10:49 PM
So what have you done today to make you feel proud?

I was POP & proud of myself!

Anyone watched TBL? I have to say that i'm very happy with the end result. I dont want to give anything away but i'm glad to see that person finally go.

Just wanted to check in real quick, its been pretty slow today huh?

Still no Lynn i see. Where are you??

Nighty night everyone.

shshshhh
02-05-2008, 11:40 PM
I have been reading this thread for a while now (Losers and Friends) and hesitated to post because I was not sure what the ground rules for joining but today I am feeling braver so I am 'jumping in at the deep end of the pool'. Can anyone following LAWL and on 3FC be part of this group?

Promise I won't get my feelings hurt if the answer is "no". :)

On a 1 month forced medical leave and need all the help I can get so I am reading like crazy on these boards.

Roberta

amylou7777
02-06-2008, 12:11 AM
Jill, Roberta- I never realized you didn't post on this thread.
SO GLAD TO SEE YOU! Of COURSE you are welcome on here. I'm sorry I didn't notice or I would have personally invited you over. I know it took me a few weeks on these boards to realize this was the daily "check in" thread.
Glad you found your way over!

Roberta- I hope you are doing ok on your medical leave. Are you able to stay on plan while you are off?

Thank you all for the nice compliments! I just got my hair done today, so maybe I'll have to take a new one!

Wow Dionne, a day off for Mardi Gras? So cool! I've never really celebrated it before. When I was in college I went to a catholic school so I would try to participate in lent even though I'm not confirmed catholic. It was a nice challenge to see if I could resist something for 40 days! I did all carbonated beverages one year, bread another year...I'll have to think about it more....

I will be back tomorrow so say hi to all of you! I should probably get some work done before bed! DOn't worry Barbara, I'm not working too hard...got a BAD case of senioritis....;)

shshshhh
02-06-2008, 01:55 AM
Amy

Staying OP while away from the COD for a whole month is a struggle. My allergy to soy was confirmed and I had a horrific reaction to it. Suffice it to say I am back following my food plan but there are a couple of things that are now no-no's for me. I had a minor surgical procedure but was "sleeping" (lovely deep sleeping) and because of that I have to stay gone for a month.

I had gained back 5 pounds before my leave kicked in, mostly because of the allergy and the subsequent reaction and weighed myself at the doc's office today and gained another 2 pounds. Hopefully, that is all behind me, no pun intended, and I can once again get on the losing track.

That being said, I am done whining. Love reading the personal tidbits everyone posts and can't wait to read more tomorrow.

Nighty night everyone.

Roberta

Ternoway
02-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted in a couple of days as I've been sick with the flu. I thought I'd venture back to work today after taking yesterday off but thanks to the weather the schools were closed. HURRAY! That's the second week in a row that we've been blessed with a snow day. It's day's like this that I love living in Cananda! Have a great day everyone!

Katy66
02-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Good Morning! Either I'm early or the rest of you are dragging this am....or maybe just very busy:)

Liz - I for one can't wait until spring/summer when the melons are fresh again and we have a better variety of fruits to choose from. I'm pretty sick of apples, oranges, and bananas myself:)

Dionne - That is awesome to get Fat Tuesday off, Think I'll move to Alabama:)

Barbara - I'm not Catholic so when I read your post about fasting it took me a minute to realize the reason. So are you fasting? Do you give up juices and things as well? It would be hard to learn those new rituals when you didn't grow up with them.

Katie - Hope your busy day went okay! More than 1 child means an insane day for me. How many did you have?

Jill - So your COD suggested you go back to your diary and find a week that you lost a lot and follow those meal plans? Interesting, maybe that is what I need to do.

Cindy - At least they were grapes, could have been a huge bag of chips!

Debbie - Congrats on the loss!

Roberta - Jump right in! THe more the merrier:)

Tuesday - You crack me up!

Hi AmyLou, Nicole, Lettie, Dan, and anyone else out there that I'm missing. Hey were are Joni and Lynn?

As for me the scale started inching back down but I'm still battling the onslaught of TOM. I've not been doing great with my water either so that is my big goal for today! DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oops, for to say that I hope you are feeling better Tina!

chiquita623
02-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Good Morning Everyone!! Just a quick check in to let you all know that I'm still around. Been terribly busy at work - what's up with that? Don't they know I need to be on this site daily? Anyway, will check back in later after the boss leaves and I have more time to chat. Stay POP today!! And welcome to all the newbies to this thread.

MomOfThreeTeens
02-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Happy Hump Day everybody!!!

Day 2 of TO for me and so far so good. I survived yesterday without even feeling too awfully hungry. :dizzy:

Kimberly!! Congrats on the 30 pounds chickie, thats awesome!:carrot:

Cindy- A whole bag of grapes? Ack, that would make my tummy hurt but as Katy said, at least it wasn’t a whole bag of Cheetos! LOL

Lettie- I work at one of our local high school and let me tell ya, we all count down the days until we have a break. I LOVE having the summer off. The school system is the only place I’ve worked since I had kids. Perfect schedule, when they had a day off, I had a day off. Hang in there!!

Cindy-hang tough chickie!!!

Tuesday-Remember, its not a number that makes you healthy! :D

Barbara-Wheres pics of you in your smoking hot dress?:devil:

Dan- The snow always skips us too, I’m in East TN, right in the valley of the Cumberland Mountains and the Smokeys so the snow tends to hop over us. I would love to have just one good snow to get out and play in! It was 73 here yesterday!

Roberta and Jill-Glad you found out where all the craziness on the site happens! LOL

Tina-Send snow our way please!!!!!

Hi Katie and Katy and Nicole, Cecilia, Dawn(Red velvet cake, yummm), Liz, Liza, Dionne, Jillian, Amy, Debbie, Paula, Tuesday, Jill, Laurie…..WHEW that was quite a list! LOL

amylou7777
02-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Morning everyone!

I'm going to get a workout in ( I neglected to do that yesterday...)

But wanted to send you all POP wishes.

If you are lurking and haven't posted in a while please say hi! There are a lot of faces I miss
ahem,
Lynn
Michelle
Angie
Carrie????
Shannon
Kristen!!
TINA (emmy's mommy)
Joni??

Where ya all been??

Laurie, Tina, Katy, Kim- so good to see you this morning!

Hi Cindy, KimPolar, Kimberly R, and everyone out there!

Tina-hope you feel better soon! I wish I could experience a snow day!

ChefsGirl
02-06-2008, 11:28 AM
TONS of snow here. I can't believe they made us come to work. I had a foot of snow on my car this morning and I got stuck in the Starbucks parking lot.

I had the craziest dreams last night. I know that drug addicts sometimes have dream when they are detoxing called "user dreams". It's a dream where they can see themselves using drugs and then they wake up and it feels like they used. It's a total brain trick.

Anyway, I totally had one last night. I dreamt that someone had brought these beautiful, pink iced Valentine's Day sugar cookies to my house and I ate all of them. In my dream they were huge, the biggest cookies ever! I woke up feeling guilty until I got my bearings together and realized that it was just a dream and I didn't actually cheat on my diet.

Isn't that nuts??? Shows how psychological this whole food thing really is.

Been POP all week. Walked on the treadmill last night for 21 minutes. For some reason it almost killed me. It was a lot harder than it has been lately. My knee was cracking (I had ACL reconstructive surgery last year) and my back started to hurt about 5 minutes in. It kind of sucked actually, but I'm glad I stuck it out.

Parades?? Mardi Gras?? That sounds awesome. All of the floats would get stuck in the snow here!!! Have I mentioned that I can’t wait for Florida?

Debbie – that is so funny that you asked “what have you done today to make you feel proud”. I had that song in my head all last night from TBL. It is so inspiring. Does anyone know who sings it? OMG! I wonder if that’s what triggered my crazy dream…….the chocolate candy eating challenge. I haven’t watched the ending yet so don’t give it away!!

Amy - your new picture is HOT! Lookin’ good girl! I can relate to the senioritis. I almost jumped out a widow my last semester of business school. It’s a killer. I think I read somewhere on here that you are in law school?

Katy - that’s what my COD suggested. I’m doing pretty well so far. But my kitchen stinks like fish since that’s what has been for dinner the last two nights. Was looking forward to WI today, but with all the snow I don’t know if I’m going to make it over there. It was hard enough getting to work.

Wow…….that was really long. I type really fast and apparently have a lot to say today!

Katy66
02-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Hi Jill, Amy, Kim and Laurie.....

JLem311
02-06-2008, 11:38 AM
hey everyone. i have today and tomorrow off, but then i have to work fri night, sat and sunday. oh well. it's nice to have a break during the week.
not much going on here with me. been working out (pilates, elliptical, weights) and alternating the workouts during the week. been trying to get all my food in, but still not really feeling it that much. but at least i'm trying.

not much else happening. hope everyone is having a good week.

Debbie24
02-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Jill - OMG i dreamt of chocolates lastnight also. I dreamt that i ate a 2 piece kit kat then had another 2 piece in my mouth when i stopped to think "what the **** am i doing eating chocolates" but as horrible as it is i still ate it. LOL thank goodness it was a dream. Thats funny, i wonder now if that song triggers chocolate fantasies. LOL.

MomOfThreeTeens
02-06-2008, 11:45 AM
I've made a discovery, when you gain weight after a Tummy tuck your tummy stays nice and flat (which is a good thing) but the weight sticks to other places! LOL I've gained 5 pounds and no its not water, I wish. It seems to have settled in my upper abs ugh!! Soo 2 days of TO then my butt is going to be POP even if it kills me. I will NOT gain this weight back especially right before bathing suit time rolls around again! LOL

Mama Nicole
02-06-2008, 11:52 AM
hello everyone :) did anyone have any damage from all of the storms last night? this has been such an odd winter. a few days ago it was 75 degrees here.....and then, snow.....then freezing rain.......you just never know what you might get around here. i have heard that my hometown in Wisconsin is supposed to get hammered with snow.

anyway.....i am going to do my taxes today, so i may or may not be here much.......:lol:. we'll see........

have a great day everyone :)
XOXO

MomOfThreeTeens
02-06-2008, 12:01 PM
:wave: Hi Nicole!!! :wave:

okie in il
02-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Good morning everyone! :wave:

I haven't posted in a couple of weeks, but I've been lurking. I guess I'm feeling guilty about the 4-5 pounds I've put on & can't seem to take off. I've just been down in the dumps lately & I can't pull myself out of it. I guess it's the winter blues. I've got to get on the ball, I go on my cruise in 17 days. :carrot:

Kim - You & I are the same height & right around the same weight right now. I haven't changed my ticker but I've been yoyoing around 161 the last couple of weeks. I can't seem to get below 157 & it's making me crazy. I look at other people around my height & taller and they can get down lower. I know it all depends on body type & age, but it makes me wonder why I struggle & can't be happy at the size I am now. Maybe a tummy tuck would make me feel better. hehe ;)

Jill & Debbie - Funny dreams! I guess you dream about your addictions, huh? I guess I would be dreaming about chips & salsa. :D That temptation on TBL was too funny!

Amy - I like your new picture.

Roberta - I felt the same way about posting here. In a way, I guess I still do. Everyone seems to know each other so well & it feels like I'm butting in.

Hi Katy, Nicole, Jillian, Laurie & Tina.

You guys always do such a great job with personals. What do you do - go through & make a list of everything that you want to address? :dizzy:

I hope everyone has a POP day.

bayoubelle68
02-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Oh, guys, I'm just so bummed. DH shipped out Monday to Alabama to work storm claims from last week. We were told that he would be there for 2-3 weeks. Then last night, the same area was hammered with storms. A tornado actually touched down a half-mile from his hotel last night! So now, I don't know how long he'll be away - could be up to 6 weeks at a stretch.

I didn't sleep well last night. Around 10:30, our area got hit with high winds and rain and I didn't want to go to sleep until it had passed. Then DD coughed all night - deep, awful-sounding coughing. I'm pretty sure it's allergies, so I started her back on her alergy meds this morning. Then, DS's teacher brought him to my class about an hour ago to tell me that he doesn't feel well, so he's on the couch in my classroom, sleeping. He doesn't have fever, but he's very pale and says his tummy hurts. Just what I need when DH is away - two sick kids!

The inspection on our old house is this morning. I hope that goes well.

I accidentally left my lunch at home this morning, so I'm starving! What a day!!

MomOfThreeTeens
02-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Awww Felicia, hang in there honey!!!

Becky-I got down to 157, then started creeping up a little and it doesnt seem to want to come back off and its frustrating!! My tummy tuck was one of the most amazing things I've ever done. I hated the way my stomach looked so bad that I dont think I could ever lost enough weight to be happy. DH promised that when I lost the weight he would pay for it so I said time to pay up dude! LOL
NEVER be afraid to post on here. The way to get to know people is to just jump right in...OFTEN! Nothing is usually off limits around here! LOL Just have fun getting to know everybody!

Personals, I dont always do them, in fact I rarely do them. When I do, I open a WORD document and reply to people as I read through posts then just copy and paste to the forum. Sure makes things easier than trying to remember what all you read.

BarbaraB
02-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Katy, Well, I think the "fasting" is not really so super strict for Catholics, as they allow "meager meals", but since we are going out for a big dinner tonight, I'm just kind of ignoring the fact that it is ash wednesday. I have been to Mass on Ash Wednesday every year since I converted though, so I feel a little bad about it. I decided that my DD birthday is more important to me today. Which means that I will have to really stick to the no meat on Fridays this year. I think I will give up alcohol for Lent too... Last time I did that I totally drank a whole bottle of wine on Holy Thursday though... as that is the official end of lent. Good Friday that year was not so good really...
I figure eating more fish and not drinking will help me tip the scale back down a bit, and I can guilt my DH into doing that with me... LOL.

Amy, I'm glad that you are not too stressed out. So you are done with Law school soon? I recall having senioritis really bad at the end of engineering school. When it looked like I was going to make it. There was about a 3% graduation rate, so 97% of the people who started flunked out (most moved to other majors and did fine). I recall sitting in a room at the beginning and there were 30 people in there starting the program, and they said, the odds are that only one of you will make it. Look around and decide if you think it will be you. So anyway, I was so relieved to make it through, it was hard to keep focused at the end.

Kim, Great to have you back, and focused again. Heres to getting back to goal weight. We can do it. I need to get brave and get back on the scale... but I keep putting it off... I'm pretty sure it is going to be bad...

Debbie, At the end of the 90 minute spin on Sunday (90 minutes is a long long time to be pushed so hard) the instructor played the TBL theme song. I about cried as I was proud of myself for doing it. So all week I've had that song stuck in my head.

Nicole, I put off doing the taxes until late... but then again, I'm almost 100% sure that I will be writing a check and not receiving one, so it is easy to say, later.. We got an accountant for the first time last year to do our taxes, but then he just didn't get my DD's taxes even filed, and we didn't find out for months later. She was so upset. So I bought the turbo tax this year and will tackle it. Last year we had a lot of complex things. This year I think it will be relatively simple.

Dan2112
02-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Wow Felicia.. That's gotta be rough... We've been spared most of the scary weather here in Albuquerque, but the snow that dumped on the northern part of the state has been amazing.. I'm on call to head up to a little town called Chama, which got 3 feet of snow in less than two days. My media relations counterpart from the NM Department of Public Safety is up there, but I'm standing by incase he needs to leave early. We also sent a crew of our inmate workers up there to help dig out and cut down any damaged trees.. Scary stuff..

Took Liz to the shop today to drop off her damaged truck.. I think I'm about out of the doghouse at this point, but I'll have to mind my p's and q's... :lol:

I was proud of myself.. I stopped at the gas station near my office, the one that makes REALLY yummo breakfast burritos and didn't even consider going up to the counter to get one.. I walked out of there with a big coffee and that's it... (We're out of coffee at the office, so I had no choice!)...

ferrarimomof2
02-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Felicia- I feel your pain. My DH is out of town and will be gone most of the month. He will occasionally be here for a couple of days between now and the middle of March. I am sorry you are having such a trying time. But it will get better.

I was late getting up today. We had storms all last night and the wind just whipped around. With my DH out of town both kids are in the bed with me. It was a good thing the house alarm went off 3 or 4 times last night. Our phone has a habit of going out in storms and that means you get woke up to a burgular alarm. Let me tell you that is an uneasy feeling.

So, far today I have been POP and hope to continue that today.

Everyone have a great day.

cecil
02-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Hi Everyone!
Ok so I must confess yesterday was not a good day for me. For some reason I decided that since it was my friends last night in town I cold go out to eat with her twice in one day? What? First tempura sushi early afternoon and then evening Mexican.... and I did not make sure to get a a chicken taco. Oh well today is a new day! I am starting all over again. I am going to be perfect. Ha! At least until Valentines day..... jk. If there were never any events coming up I would do great! he! Anyway just had to confess!

Amy I love the new Avatar! You look great!
And since I am on the next page I can't look at any one elses posts to comment. Ugh! Frustrating.
But I will say HI! To everyone! Happy Hump day!

Katy66
02-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Just back from lunch and it was not really what I had a taste for but I'm full so I guess I need to be satisfied with that:)

Becky - You should never worry about posting here, we all go through the "ups" if you will of this process. Let everyone here help you! A cruise sounds wonderful, were are you going?

Hi Jillian - good to see you, hang in there girl. Your weight loss is amazing!

Kim - Thanks for the TT info, but you would still say it was worth it right?

Jill and Debbie - I don't think I've ever dreamed about food. Almost like your night time cheat huh?

Nicole - Taxes, YUCK! I bought Turbo Tax this past weekend and I think I have all my paperwork now so just need to find the time to do them. Hey, can I just send the stuff on over to you and you do them? HA!

Felicia - Glad to hear that your DH is okay. So sorry that he is going to be gone for so long. That sure makes it tough with kids. Do they get upset when he is gone? My DD really hates it when dad is gone. She has actually cried herself to sleep before missing him. My DH has a trip coming up the end of this month, to South Korea of all places. I really dread it. I'm starting to plan how to keep DD occupied for the week he is gone:)

Barbara - giving up alcohol, really? Just don't think I could do it...hard enough for me to wait until Saturday night:) You are right though it should certainly help with losing weight.

Well better run, I have a presentation I have to do tomorrow and I've not finished it yet....on the final stretch though:)

Katy66
02-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi Dione, Dan, and Cecilia! We must have been posting at the same time:)

Cecilia, don't worry about yesterday. Spending time with your friend was important to you and her.

Dan - You better be planning one heck of a valentine's evening:)!

Dionne - Didn't have any bad storms here although I think they are calling for some mild ones today. I hate thunderstorms, they have always been very scary for me so I understand the lack of sleep.

PolarBear2008
02-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Hey Everyone,

sorry I missed yesterday. Very busy day at work. We had a ton of snow fall over night and it is still snowing. I had a great OP day yesterday and so far am on track today

ChefsGirl
02-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Kim -

Your tummy tuck photos look fabulous! I have already accepted the fact that some major surgery is in my future. I know that I will have some serious excess skin after all this weight comes off.

You must've had a good surgeon. How was the recovery?

shshshhh
02-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi everyone

Thanks for making me feel so welcome. I absolutely love this thread.

Those dream stories are wonderful - makes me wonder why, after losing 40 pounds so far, that my dreams have all been about sex.:hug: Since I don't have a significant other right now, the dreams will just have to do.:lol::lol:

Being on medical leave has given me 'permission' to be a little lenient about following my meal plan and I needed something to get me back on track and thanks to the wonderful stories and messages here I actually had a perfectly OP day yesterday. Feels SOOOOOOO much better. Right now I am off to the gym to swim, which is the only activity I am allowed to do for the next couple of weeks and I love the water.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Roberta

MomOfThreeTeens
02-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Katy-the tummy tuck was worth every single cent it cost and every minute I spent recovering from it. I still look in the mirror and cant believe this tummy belongs to ME. The only bad part is now my tummy looks like it belongs to an 18 year old and the rest of me is still 45!!! :rofl:

MomOfThreeTeens
02-06-2008, 02:01 PM
You must've had a good surgeon. How was the recovery?
Jill- I told my Dr at my first post op check up that he was my new best friend! LOL I think all his patients are in love with him! Doesnt hurt that hes really super attractive!
The recovery was 100% easier than I ever expected. I had 3 c-sections and for me it wasnt any harder. Easier in the fact that I didnt have a newborn to take care of! You absolutely do not realize everything you use your stomach muscles for, until it hurts to use them!

Roberta-I was on hold for 4 weeks after my surgery too and I enjoyed myself while I was recovering, ate a few things that I hadnt allowed myself to have for months and it was great! LOL Just make sure you get right back on plan when you are allowed. You cant go completely crazy but dont beat yourself up either!

LizzyW
02-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Well hi everybody. Today I dropped off my truck to have it fixed. They said it should be done on Friday. Yippee. Can't wait to get it back. It is very weird driving a smaller vehicle.

I just thought I would check in and say hey. I went out with some coworkers last night and had a margarita and a few appetizers. So was up this morning. But will behave myself. Even though I had a small bag of chips with my sandwich for lunch, I don't feel so bad. I have to have something with my sandwich and that was what was here.

Congrats to all the successful losers. Will speak with everyone later.

Liz

MomOfThreeTeens
02-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Liz-Your new avatar is fabulous!!! I love seeing new pictures!

Polarbear- I just noticed, another Kimberly! Isnt that a great name? LOL Welcome to our little group of insanity!

bayoubelle68
02-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Katy - yes, it is VERY hard on the kids. We have such strong routines that DH is a part of and tht makes it hard. Bedtime is the worst.

bradleys mom
02-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Hi everyone! I hope that nobody was threatened by the storms! It was very windy and thundering a lot here this morning.

I am going for POP day number 5 (I think) I have lost almost 4lbs since the 1st so I am on a roll! I am hoping to see 230 by the end of this week!

Poor Felicia!! I hate when that happens! I do that more often than most people! And those days are the ones when I venture off plan!

Cecilia - You jump right back on track today!!! And remember you are going to need to make sure you get all fo your water and then some!!!

Dan2112
02-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Well hi everybody. Today I dropped off my truck to have it fixed. They said it should be done on Friday. Yippee. Can't wait to get it back. It is very weird driving a smaller vehicle.

I just thought I would check in and say hey. I went out with some coworkers last night and had a margarita and a few appetizers. So was up this morning. But will behave myself. Even though I had a small bag of chips with my sandwich for lunch, I don't feel so bad. I have to have something with my sandwich and that was what was here.

Congrats to all the successful losers. Will speak with everyone later.

Liz

Appetizers? You never said anything about appetizers??!!:mad:

:p

cecil
02-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Thanks Kim!
Why did you take your pic off? I miss your pretty face! He he!
You are so close to the v-day goal! You are going to make it! I know it!

okie in il
02-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Becky - You should never worry about posting here, we all go through the "ups" if you will of this process. Let everyone here help you! A cruise sounds wonderful, were are you going?

)

Katy - We are cruising out of Miami to the Eastern Caribbean with stops in Nassau, St. Thomas & St. Maartin. I absolutely cannot wait. I've never been on a cruise before, but we're going with my sis & BIL and they are pros. We are actually going to celebrate our 20th anniversary in March but decided to go in Feb to keep away from the Spring Breakers.

Kim - Just looked at your pics. All I can say is WOW. Now I really want one. I have had 2 c-sections so I know I will NEVER have a flat stomach again unless I have surgery. I was actually wanting to get a breast lift, but that looks better. I wonder if I could get a package deal. :D I guess I'd better start saving up.

Dan - Sorry about all the girl talk. But I guess you're used to it on here by now.

Katy66
02-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Same here Felicia! I'm thankful he is so involved but it sure makes it hard when he has to be away. Luckily my job doesn't take me away, just have to work late sometimes.

Dan - Now I certainly think that drinks AND appetizers are in order for someone who is having to drop their beloved truck off for repairs the next morning...don't you?;)

Liz - I didn't recognize you at first, love the new picture.

KimberlyR - You are just kicking butt with your losses girl! Keep it up and maybe I'll be inspired:D

Roberta - Guess we dream about what we are missing the most huh:o

Jill - I'm thinking package deal myself, TT and Lift:)

Gotta run, I got my presentation finished but now I have to get to my other work. This is so much more fun though:cool:

MomOfThreeTeens
02-06-2008, 03:30 PM
Becky and Katy-IF you ever think about plastic surgery and more than one thing its cheaper to do whatever you want all at the same time if you can afford it because you're only paying for the operating room one time. My only regret is that I didnt do the breast lift at the same time.

Sorry Dan! LOL

KrispieD
02-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Hello All
AMY a big hi to you since you were looking for me! I am here!! And as I just came back from mass I sit here with a big black smudge on my forehead!
Barbara I am going to do fish every Friday and give up the booze too.. ugg.. Valentine's will be some sparkling water for me.. let it show on the scale please!
It's been a crazy time for us lately so hence the lack of communication! A girlfriend of mine was down in Mexico with her husband and another couple. They went out for dinner and he fell asleep on the couch and they all stayed up for a bit longer. When she went to wake him in the morning she discovered he'd passed away in his sleep. He was only 53 and the best thing that ever happened to her. She had to make all the arrangements in Mexico while dealing with a language barrier and most of last week I was gone visiting her, helping at the viewings and the funeral so it was a roller coaster.
I did decide that life is too short for this scale to rule me so I'm now only going to get on it once a week, I'm being much more patient when my girls are spatting with each other and making a point to tell my DH how much I appreciate him!
Sounds like lots of you have had a bumpy week or two but hang in there.. we have our health and each other! And I promise I'll be on more again with my usual wit and humor to pick you all up!!!!

xoxo

Katy66
02-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Wow Kristen, that certainly does put our struggles into perspective doesn't it! Glad to see you and my prayers are with your friend.

Dan2112
02-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Wow Kristen.. How awful for your friend.. I can't imagine trying to deal with that kind of situation. My mom's husband had to deal with something similar to that when he and his previous wife were on a trip to China.. Too scary for me to think about..

Glad to see you though!

KrispieD
02-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Thanks everyone, great to see all of you again!!. She is doing as well as can be expected. In tribute I think it made all of us reevaluate 'the small stuff'.. as long as we have our friends and family.. the rest is just details!
Hope you are all warm and safe.. we are under winter storm watch two and getting tired of the sight of our shovels.

shshshhh
02-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Kim

I am back on track now, and have learned that beating myself up causes nothing more than a bunch of bruises to myself. LOL. Been there, done that and have a bunch of t-shirts. :) Feels so good to be back on my plan. Made a couple of adjustments but totally OP today.

Lizzie - know what you mean about driving a smaller car. I had a SUV and when I was on a trip we rented a regular car. Felt so strange not being up high and being able to see everything.

Kristen - Wow . that is awful for your friend. Katy you are so right about putting things into perspective.

Kimberly R - Good for you for being OP and losing 4 pounds in 6 days. That is totally awesome. Here's to you hitting the 230's.

Swam for an hour - felt sooooooo good to be back in the water.

All this talk about TT's has got me thinking too.

Roberta

ChefsGirl
02-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Oh yea, I’m definitely getting the “girls” done also. They should be about hitting my knees by the time this weight is all gone…….and I’m only 32!!!

It will be a full body makeover, there is really no other option. I am not working this hard to still be flabby all over!

Shot in the dark here……Liz are you Dan’s wife? I apologize if I’m jumping to conclusions.

Kristen that is just awful. It would be hard enough, but to be in another country. My heart goes out to your friend.

BarbaraB
02-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Kristen... You just made me go and take a panicked look at the calendar... Valentines is not on a friday! As I told DH we could have a steak. I'm hoping no alcohol and more fish will move the scale too. So sorry to hear about your friend's death. Was he ill at all, or was it the total shock that it sounded like it was? We are all doing our health a big favor by following the plan. I know when I had my physical this year, everything was better, which after a few years where every year things were a bit worse every year, was nice to see.

Kim, I've been thinking my girls could use a lift too.. I don't want to tell my boss why I'm taking time off though..... oh and it would be enough time that I'd have to have a conversation with my bosses boss and his boss too likely.... So I guess I'll just be hanging loose... ha ha....

Becky, We went on a cruise for our 20th anniversary a few years ago. I loved it. We had a really good time, and it will be good to be in some warmer weather. We went down the Western side of Mexico though. I want to go on a cruise to Alaska sometime soon too... Well that might have to be an after my daughter graduates from college celebration though...

Jill, I bet you are looking forward to Florida. I hope that your exercise gets easier for you. I found that my knees were much, much happier after I lost some weight. So hopefully as the weight drops, the knees will not bother you near as much.

Jillian, I hope you have a nice few days off. Any word from your DH yet? Once my DH took a trip to India and I didn't hear from him for 3 weeks. That was so hard. I'm surprised that he can't call home more often that that! But then again with his dad just passing and all perhaps his calls home are spread around to other relatives too.

Felicia, I thought it was really hard when my DD was young and my DH went away. 6 weeks is way too long though. I hope he gets at least some time home during that time. That is too long away from your family.

I'm looking forward to tonights night out for my DD 19th birthday. I decided to limit myself to maintenance exchanges today, since I know that it will be almost impossible to stick with the weight loss portions at the fondue restaurant. That way I can still keep myself in check.. Tomorrow I'll get right back with the weight loss portions.

pjbeau
02-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Good afternoon. Good to see some of our MIAs checking in today...missed ya. :hug:

I'm in a really good mental place today...diet wise anyways. I've been POP all day and have planned out my dinner, so I should stay on track. Planning my meals, actually NOT planning my meals, has been my biggest issue and cause for slip-ups lately. :(

I did 40 minutes on the treadmill last night! :woohoo:

pjbeau
02-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Becky - We've been on several Western Caribbean cruises, but not on an Eastern route yet...sounds fun! We have another Alaska cruise scheduled for our 25th anniversary in September...can't wait.

Jill - Where are you going in Florida? We have had some crazy weather lately, but probably nothing like you have had.

Debbie24
02-06-2008, 05:08 PM
i see everone is up and running. wow almost 3 pages since i was here this morning.

talk about girls being to the knees, after Dylan decides to stop breastfeeding i'm sure mine will be to my knees, half way there :lol: (sorry Dan). I think i'm going to sign up for the TT and lift also since we want 1 more kid and after 4 there is no way i'll ever get flat tummy on my own.

Kristen - so sorry to hear about your friend, how horrible.

Becky - A cruise is definitely what i need right now. i went to st. thomas & st. maarten on our 1st and only cruise and st. thomas is so beautiful. Careful tho you can gain 10lbs easy on a cruise. I was preggo with my 1st at the time so i pigged out.

barbara - mmm fondue, sounds yummy. Are you going to the melting pot? (if you dont mind me asking). Have fun!

cecil
02-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Paula- Nice Attitiude! Good job on getting on the treadmill!
Kristen-That was a sad story about your friend I cannot imagine that. How sad!
Barb- Have fun at your dd's bday! I bet you will have a great time!
Liz-Nice new pic! Like it a lot!
HI Jill, Katy, Dan and Roberta!

BarbaraB
02-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Debbie, Yes the melting pot. My DD just wanted so bad to go. We are taking her boyfriend too, and apparently he is all nervous to go with us. I didn't realize we were so intimidating. How much longer do you plan on breast feeding?

Cecilia, I hope you are feeling over your indulgences of yesterday and back on plan. I made myself feel less like I was really blowing it by doing extra work outs after the bit of extra food. I called it the burn the birthcake plan...
I don't know if my legs can take anymore overindulging though!

equinetcan
02-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Hey Everybody!!

Not a lot new to report here on the east but I thought I'd drop in anyway. Snowed again yesterday and apparently we may have another doozie coming on the weekend again. Have I mentioned before how much I hate snow!!! LOL

Debbie - I watch TBL faithfully every week. I was so happy with the outcome last night. In case people still haven't watched it I was wishing when the person did what they did at the end that they would be the one packing and not the one that was "influenced" into possibly going home. Then again, I didn't like that person from the beginning or their partner that much. I liked seeing the black team have a good week.

We went out for lunch today at work with our visiting manager and I was pretty good. I had Acadian Salmon with a little rice and veggies on the side. It was really good too. I had never eaten at this restaurant here before as it was relatively new.

Like I said not much new here. Busy as usual with work but only 2 days left this week!! YAY

I'll check in later again....

Debbie24
02-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Barbara - DH and i was supposed to have a date night to the melting pot before Dylan was born but we had no one to babysit the older boys. i wanted to go so badly. Thats so funny he's intimidated by the family. LOL.

I'm planning to breastfeed him until he's atleast 1 yr old so thats another 5.5 months but if he wants to go longer its ok with me.

Alannah - i know what you mean about TBL. I didnt like that person from the beginning also and i cant believe how they walked into the room and just assumed it was ok to tell the other person to their face that they would be voting for them. I'm glad that everyone voted the way they did. I'm like you i'm also rooting for the black team, for some reason i just like them.

MomOfThreeTeens
02-06-2008, 09:36 PM
Well if I make it till bedtime I will have survived day 2 of TO, wooo hooo! LOL Maybe I should just go now before something yummy calls my name! HA!

Kristen-Nice to "see" you and sorry about your friend should make us all remember that we're never promised tomorrow!

Hi Cecilia!!!

JLem311
02-06-2008, 10:32 PM
Jillian, I hope you have a nice few days off. Any word from your DH yet? Once my DH took a trip to India and I didn't hear from him for 3 weeks. That was so hard. I'm surprised that he can't call home more often that that! But then again with his dad just passing and all perhaps his calls home are spread around to other relatives too.

i got a call from dh on sunday afternoon. it had been almost 2wks since i'd heard from him last. no, only gets to call when the army allows him to call. he only calls me, so i know that he's not using any calls to call his family. when he graduates at the end of this month and gets shipped to maryland, he'll get his cell phone back. :) so, i'm looking forward to that.
thanks for wondering about me. :)

bayoubelle68
02-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Well, I have a spare minute here, so I'll just let you guys know what's going on.

DS is sick. We got home from school and DD's dance class and he wasn't hungry, so I knew something was up. He had 101 temp! I gave him Advil and he's asleep now - and sweating like crazy, so hopefully, he's sweating off some of that fever.

DD is coughing horribly - deep, croupy coughs - and can't really sleep. I just tried to give her some Robitussin and she took it and then jumped up from the bed and ran for the bathroom. She only made it into the hall before she threw up - EVERYWHERE! I think she has just coughed so hard for so long that her gag reflex is sensitive. I've already called our assistant principal to request a sub for tomorrow and one of my co-workers is coming by early in the morning to pick up all the worksheets, etc. that I made for my class. She even said she would run the copies for me - she's such a sweetheart! Last week, I did the same for her when there was a death in her family, but I never really expected her to feel obligated to return the favor. I just wanted to help her. I'm so grateful for her help right now though. With DH out of state, I would have to drag both sick kids up to the school at the crack of dawn to get things together for a sub. Thank goodness for kind co-workers!

Looks like I will be calling the pediatrician first thing in the morning to try to schedule a visit as early as possible for both kids.

Poot!!

Dan2112
02-07-2008, 06:34 AM
Hey gang..

Just a quick post to let y'all know I may not be around for a couple of days. I've been assigned to go up to the town of Chama, NM, where a snowstorm dumped 3 feet a few days ago, and buried the place. There's a big disaster relief effort going on and I've been assigned to be the information officer so that my counterpart from our department of public safety can have a couple days off.

They're putting us up in a motel, but as this place is pretty dinky, I don't know if I'll have internet access..

So anyway.. Stay POP and I'll see you soon!

MomOfThreeTeens
02-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Stay safe Dan!

Felicia-Hope the kiddies get better soon!

Jillian-I'm glad you got to talk to hubby. Hang in there girl!

Mama Nicole
02-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Kristen.....:hug:

Barbara......YUM!

Debbie........good for you for sticking with BF. It isn't always easy, but the benefits are soooo great. I let all of my kids self wean, and it is funny, cuz Emily was 9 months, Bethany was 10 months, Natalie was 18 months, Adam was 11 months, and Andrew.........well, he would have kept going forever I think, so I kind of helped him wean at about 20 months. He was such a stinker. As soon as I quit nursing him to sleep, he lost interest.

Felicia.......girl, do I feel for you. DH goes out of town quite often, and when he is gone for his longer stretches, it never fails......we get the vommiting flu bug. One year, it went from kid to kid for just over a week. It was soooo gross!!!! Hang in there. I hope you have someone to come over and help keep you sane every now and then. I know, noone is going to sleep over there with you and let you rest, but at least maybe someone can come over and have a cup of coffee or tea with you and let you cry on their shoulder :) :hug:

Dan..........good luck. My hometown was dumped on yesterday too.....but they only got about half of that. Stay warm!!!

Hi Jillian, Alannah, Cecilia, Katy, Katie, Tuesday, Kim(s), Amylou, ummmm, I am totally doing this from memory, and I haven't done personals in weeks......so hello to everyone else I am not naming right now :lol:!!!

Ok, now that half of the kids are off to school, I am off to the shower :)

I'll check back soon :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
02-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Becky, Roberta, Jill, and Paula.....:wave:
XOXO

Repo girl
02-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Dan- Be safe, have fun in all of that snow!

Felicia- Look at the good energy that you have coming your way, all because you did something nice for someone. How sweet of your coworker to help you out. I hope that your kids get feeling better soon. Rub vicks on their feet really thick, then put socks on. It really helps with bad coughs.

Kim- Did you live through TO?

Jillian- So glad that you heard from him. That will be great when he gets his cell phone back.

School is out today for our entire area. It is a total blizzard out there right now. Yesterday we woke up to 8 new inches of snow, and most people spent the day digging themselves out. After this blizzard passes we are expected to have another foot. Our patio tables and trampoline are already totally covered. We have not had a winter this hard in 10 years. Crazy.

Repo girl
02-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Hey Nicole!

chiquita623
02-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Good Morning everyone!! Just doing a quick check in. We got another 5" of snow yesterday so we closed the office early and I got the heck out of here. The 7" we got last week has melted so hopefully this will melt just as quickly.

Dan - stay safe.
Barb - the Melting Pot - my DD took me there last summer for my birthday and it was sooooooo good!!!!
Felicia - it never fails that when it rains it pours. Keep your chin up and remember that this too shall pass!!
Alannah and Debbie - I'm with you on the person that got voted off TBL. I didn't like that team from the start. I'm so glad the black team won a challenge. For some reason I always like the "underdogs".
Jillian - so glad you heard from DH. Things will get better once he graduates. You are doing a great job with the weight loss.
Cecilia - I too overindulged yesterday. Today is a new day and we can get back OP!!
To everyone I'm forgetting - just a big HI to all and let's make this a POP day. I'll check back in later.

bradleys mom
02-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Hi everyone! :wave:

Hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend! I know I am! (Even though I work weekends!! )

DH and I have planned a romantic getaway for the last weekend of this month! We are going to Pigeon Forge TN. We are only staying one night, but we splurged and got a jacuzzi suite! We are also going to do a lot of shopping while we are there! I cant wait! My mom is keeping DS so its going to be weird being with out him!

The scale just keeps moving in the right direction! I am 231.2 this morning! WOW! I knew I could lose crazy amounts of weight if I only STAY POP! So I am motivated now! I want to be looking good for my little vacation! :carrot:

Cecilia - My pic is back!! I was just showing my 30 lbs lost!!!

okie in il
02-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Good morning everyone! :wave:

Debbie - I'm allowing myself 5 pounds on the cruise. My DH wants to hit the gym every chance we get & my sis & BIL always take the stairs rather than the elevator. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm going to try not to pig out too much. I'm looking forward to the fresh seafood.

Barbara - I've heard that Alaskan cruises are great too. My DH was stationed in Alaska for 3 years so I would say no thanks to a cruise there after living there. But it is beautiful.

Felicia - I hope your kids are feeling better soon and I hope you don't catch it too.

Dan - Be safe!

Hi Katie, Laurie, Nicole, Jillian, Alannah, Cecilia & Kim. And anyone else I might have missed. :wave:

Hope everyone has a POP day! I'm gonna try! :D

bayoubelle68
02-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Thanks, guys. They are both feeling much better this morning, but I'm still taking them to the doctor this afternoon. DS doesn't have fever anymore, but he's still not himself. DD is still hacking and coughing. She coughed most of the night and finally came and got into bed with me around 3:30. Once she snuggled up to me and got warm and quiet, she finally got into that good deep sleep and was able to rest.

We're just chilling this morning - watching t.v. and looking out the front windows at the workers building two new houses. The kids are fascinated with all that's going on across the street!

I can't stop worrying about my class. Every time I look at the time, I think, "Okay, they're doing math right now" or "I hope she remembers to let them eat snack right now!" I'm a little bit of a control freak when it comes to my class!! I guess it's because I consider myself their mama during the day so I want to be sure that they are taken care of!

I'm going to make some homemade chicken noodle soup in a little while. That should make us all feel better.

Have a great day!

Debbie24
02-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Morning everyone!

Just stopping in to say hello.

Kim – How did it go last night, did you make it?

Felicia – Hope the kids feel better soon.

Dan – stay safe, we’ll miss you.

Nicole – We had such a rough start BF. I’m so afraid of offering him a bottle because we had a nursing strike at 2mo so he hasn’t had a bottle since. I know I’m sort of screwing myself with that but like you said there are too many benefits to BF so I’ll sacrifice myself for now. I was so determined to nurse Dylan since I didn’t with my older boys. I only nursed Ryan for 3 days and Aryn for 2mo so I really wanted it to work this time around. I don’t think I want to nurse him until he’s 2yrs old so if he doesn’t self wean by then I think I’ll have to force him like I had to force him out of the womb. :lol:. We’re planning on a 4th and final child, is it harder to have 4 than 3? I see that you have 5. Dylan is a huge handful so its going to be tough but hopefully by the time the 4th comes around he will be better about sharing me.

Katie – with school out how many kids do you have today? I would love to have snow for a few hours but no more than that. LOL.

Kimberly – congrats on the loss, you will be under 230 before you know it.

Becky – The food on the cruise is soooo good, I tell DH all the time that I just want to go on the cruise for the food. How horrible. I always say to DH “who goes to the gym on a cruise” but I guess if you’re trying not to gain too much its really a good idea. I’m sure you are going to have a good time but don’t let the weight stress you out, just relax and have fun.

:wave: Laurie, Jillian, Cecilia & everyone else.

Well I hope everyone has a POP day.

ferrarimomof2
02-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Good morning everyone,

I am just checking in to say hey. I was POP yesterday and was hungry late last night. I am going to stay POP today. I really want to see a drop when I go WI in tomorrow. It seems to be taking me longer to loose the weight now. I am hoping that once I switch to the next plan I will start loosing the weight again consistently. Well, my DD is whining so I better go rock her to sleep.

Repo girl
02-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Debbie- I have 12 today, but 2 of them go home at 1:00, so that will nice. I already have 6 outside playing in the snow, too, so it is really kind of quiet in here. Nice.

Dionne- Stay strong, you can do it!

Becky- The cruise sounds great!

Kimberly- You are gonna beat your Valentines Day goal by a few lbs. How exciting!

Laurie- I was a cheater cheater pumkin eater yesterday too. I did awesome until dinner, then BAM! Ordered badly at the mexican joint we love.

chiquita623
02-07-2008, 12:11 PM
katie - I was fine while I was at work and then when they sent me home early it was like my head took off in one direction and my common sense went in the other. Guess I thought if I didn't have to work I didn't have to be good either. Oh well today is a new day and we will both be POP!!!

michie
02-07-2008, 01:38 PM
hello all!

yes yes... i've been lurking for the past few days! i have been so busy and tired that i couldn't really find a good time to get my thoughts together and post. sorry girls and dan! but here i am now. my week has been POP, but i just can't get myself to exercise. i think about it and say that i am going to... then i just don't. i haven been working myself pretty hard, but i need to get back on the workout wagon!

Liza- i am so excited for tomorrow! i'm going to go in about 12:30... you'll be there then, right? omg... it's like meeting a celebrity! lol!

Felicia- all of the kids in my program have been getting sick this and last week. 2 of my staff have been out and i'm just as healthy as can be... how are you? are you getting anything at all? hope your lil ones feel better soon!

Kimberly- yay on the 30 pounds!!! sorry i have been a less than motivating cheerleader, but you did it on your own! woo hoo!!!

Amy, Cecilia, Katie, Laurie, Nicole... hi!

hopefully i can check in tonight and not fall asleep by 7pm! hope everyone has a fantastically POP day! later chickies!

krjpy
02-07-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm allowing myself 5 pounds on the cruise. My DH wants to hit the gym every chance we get & my sis & BIL always take the stairs rather than the elevator. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm going to try not to pig out too much. I'm looking forward to the fresh seafood.

Good for you. They say the average person gains 10-15 pounds on a 7 day cruise. We went last Thanksgiving on a 10 day cruise and I worked out EVERY Morning (30 min Elliptical, 20-30 min Recumbent bike, and 12 weight machine routine). I managed to keep my weight gain to 4 lbs. Drink LOTS of water. Remember that it is like eating out for every meal. I got a water bottle and carried it with me everywhere and refilled it often on the pool deck (bottled water is TOO expensive on board).

Good Luck. BTW I lost the gained weight and more in less than 1 week back. I really think most of it is the salt and seasoning they use in the food.

BarbaraB
02-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Katie and Laurie, I'm sure dinner at the Melting Pot was way worse than whatever you ate, but oh so good! Back to POP, I need a long string of POP days to just counteract this last week. I don't think I will make 6 weeks of being POP every day, but no more days off until Easter. Katie, only 6 kids is quiet?

Becky, I've never been to Alaska and would love to see it. 5 pounds is totally doable, especially if you are active. There are lots of activities. We did some off ship ones that we paid for, and that was so great. We took a hike and went snorkeling and kayaking. I went for the cheaper ones, as they do charge you, but we had a blast and it was great to get off the boat and into the water. I walked their round the ship track a lot, as sometimes the gym was crowded. It was just nice to get out in the sun and walk, and my DH walked with me and we walked and talked. Sometimes it is just great to have some time with your spouse.

Felicia, Hope your kiddos are well fast. Your class is in good hands, and you will be back to them soon anyway.

Dan, stay warm and don't get buried in all the snow.

Nicole, did you get your taxes done?

Michie, Hope you start fitting in exercise soon. It can make you feel less tired when you are working too much. Although I know when you are worn out last thing you want to do is exercise, but it does make you feel better after you've done it.

Kelly, I'm sure that most people would gain at least 4 pounds just from the salt on a cruise.. 10 days, now nice where did you cruise to?

Jillian, I hope the army starts being less harsh to you and your DH and letting him call home more often. 2 weeks is just too long. I'm sure once he gets his cell back that you will hear from him all the time. Although my DH is not that great of a phone conversationalist. He has that dragnet, just the facts mame style on the phone... sometimes I want to hang on the phone after I run out of "facts" to report. Well, many phone calls from the road seem to end very badly for us. Good thing he does not travel often.

dawn78
02-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Barbara – I so want to go to the Melting Pot. I’ve never been to one, but I’ve heard wonderful things about it. Maybe I can talk DH into taking me there for my 30th b-day in March. It’s a two hour drive from where we live, but I think it would be worth it.

Felicia – I feel for you. I just went through the stomach flu with my kids and myself all while DH was on a business trip to Florida. It never fails, every year he makes this trip and every year something happens when he’s gone. When he got back I said never again, but I know we’ll do it again next year. How did the house inspection go?

Debbie – I just finished 1 ½ weeks ago w/ breastfeeding. I’m a little sad because it may be our last kid, but at the same time I’m glad to have a little more independence again. Now maybe I can get serious about getting this weight off. It just doesn’t work for me to “diet” and nurse, even though I really tried, my body just would let go of any more weight. My hormones are just starting to get back to normal as well (if you know what I mean) so maybe that will help also.

We leave in two weeks for Florida. I can’t wait. It’s been two years since I’ve had a vacation that wasn’t considered maternity leave. I’m nervous about flying w/ DD. I hate flying the way it is but DD just started walking about 2 ½ weeks ago & she just wants to go, go, go, so I’m not sure how I’m going to keep her settled. I’m hoping to stick to the diet pretty well while down there. When we where there two years ago I was also doing LAWL & I actually lost weight. Hopefully this time will be a repeat!

lizababe
02-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Michie! Actually they changed the times on me and I just found out.. I'll be there now 10AM-12PM! I hope you can come in sooner!

Nicole - I finished the baby bunting! The pattern didn't match up once I got to the hood portion so I bound it off at the neck and made a bonnet on the side. Here's a pic! http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/lizababe/bunting2.jpg Now I'm fed ex'ing it off to the Mama to be. None too soon either since he's supposed to get here via c-section on the 14th!

Ternoway
02-07-2008, 05:07 PM
Hi everyone,
I was back to work today but due to last nights dump of snow the busses were cancelled so I only had 2 kids! It was great because the kid in my class with the exteme behaviour stayed home so I really got to enjoy the one on one time with the 2 that came.
Unfortunately today was also pizza day at school and due to the number of kids away because of the bus cancellations there was loads of left overs in the staff room. Instead of eating the healthy on plan lunch I packed I gave in to tempation and ate 2 pieces. The worst part is I didn't even enjoy it all that much. Oh well, back on the saddle!

Debbie24
02-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Dawn - Congrats on making it so long BF. Although i havent been losing lots i think the reason i'm even losing is because i'm still taking in lots of calories. When i did LAWL 2yrs ago i wouldnt eat things like PB and bananas too often but now i have it alot and it brings my cals & fat up since my body needs it so i'm thinking this is the reason i'm losing. I think if i watched what i ate like a hawk and took in less calories i would probably stall or lose supply. I just started so i still dont know if i'm going to plateau at some point or not but if i keep losing the way i am i'll be really happy. We'll have to wait and see. I hope you start losing again now that you are done with BF. Are you coming to (disney) "the most expensive place on earth" as Dan would call it? I found this "car seat" online, i wish i knew about it 2yrs ago when we went to NY and had to lug the biggest car seat ever on the plane. Here's the link. http://www.netkidswear.com/totngoporcar.html

MomOfThreeTeens
02-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Yipeeeee I survived TO AND so far today I've been amazing, yeah me! LOL Its been a while since I've been POP. March will be 6 months since I started stabilization and I am determined that I'm going to be at my goal so I will get my money back from my guarantee! No more cheating for this girl, at least until that check is in my hand! LOL

This weekend is gonna be hard foodwise. We have a family reunion Saturday afternoon then dinner out Saturday night for a friends surprise birthday party. I need to check to see if the menu is online so I can be forwarned!

Have a great evening everybody!

GrandmaCindy
02-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Hope everyone is having a great POP day! Another run in with a bag of grapes, but only ate half at a time this time!!

I find myself always "wishing" for some snow until I read about how much some of you get! Hope none of you were in the paths of the tornadoes. We've had weird warm weather the last few days.

Jillian: Where in Maryland is DH going to be transferred?

Here's to big loosers and determination! Cindy

JLem311
02-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Hope everyone is having a great POP day! Another run in with a bag of grapes, but only ate half at a time this time!!

I find myself always "wishing" for some snow until I read about how much some of you get! Hope none of you were in the paths of the tornadoes. We've had weird warm weather the last few days.

Jillian: Where in Maryland is DH going to be transferred?

Here's to big loosers and determination! Cindy

DH is going to APG, MD. (Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Maryland) I'm gonna try to get out there to visit in may sometime.

Dan2112
02-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Hey gang..

Believe it or not, the little place they have me staying in actually has internet access, so I thought I'd drop in to say hi..

WOW.. You can't believe the snow here.. I guess if you were standing in the middle of a field, you might have had 3 feet fall around you.. But in the residential areas. there are drifts 10 feet tall in some areas.. They are literally having to dig paths down streets just to get cars through.. It's amazing here. If I was a kid, I'd be having SO much fun..

I know this may not sound like a big deal to some of you, especially if you live in Canada, but this is quite a strange situation for us here in New Mexico.. Even though Chama usually gets quite a bit of snow, they never get this much at once!

Gotta get some work done, so I'll talk to you all later... Trying to stay POP, but the only thing they had for dinner here that was on plan was the green beans.

michie
02-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Liza- oh yeah... that is MUCH better! i usually WI in the morning so that works. i'm so nervous to meet you! hahaha!

okay... i had quite a nice day today. i'm pretty sure i got in all of my food... still no exercise, but i was active. i work at an afterschool program for crying out loud... i get payed to run around and play! i'm so happy it's friday, though. (well... almost!) LOST is on! ahhhhhhhh!!!

Tuesday Cool
02-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Well, I made my goal for Vday.
I would reward myself with a treat but I already did yesterday when I had a Costco berry sundae for lunch. Actually, I had eaten my lunch by 11:15, had my afternoon snack by 1 and the sundae was just dessert. By 5PM I had just one protein left and a big sulk. I ate some peanut butter had some light popcorn and went to bed early.
Guess you could say yesterday was stressful. I apparently failed my first ever mammogram and had to go in for an ultrasound. Intellectually I knew there would be no problems but for some reason I could not breath. In classic response I started searching for something to put in my mouth. Damn, other people exercise I have to eat!
The technician said I had a cyst that caused a shadow. The doctor will get back to me but she thought it was a "clean" right boob (that is my favorite one).
Sorry for sharing I just needed to get this out of my system. T

Repo girl
02-08-2008, 09:32 AM
As opposed to a filthy right boob? :joker: I'm sure that everything is fine.:hug:

Debbie24
02-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Morning :)

Nothing new here, OP as always. I'm glad its friday, i've been sooo tired lately that i cant wait to get to bed at night but that could be because i dont ever get to sleep before 11:30pm & i wake up multiple times at night. Oh well.

Tuesday - Congrats on reaching your v-day goal. WTG on 5lbs to go. sounds like the u/s went well. Hopefully the doc will call with good news.

Hope everyone has a POP day!

ferrarimomof2
02-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Good Morning everyone,

I am going to weigh in later this morning. I am hoping to see the 175 mark. My scale here at home says I made it. I had a horrible afternoon yesterday. I had to go get my DS from school because he was sick and take him to the doctor. He is really congested and the doctor gave him an antibiotic and decongestant. The pharmacy took forever. When I got home I ran over one of my cats. I didn't even know that I had hit him until about 15 minutes after I got home. It is a good thing that I had a chocolate lite. After I found him, I wanted chocolate really bad and just wanted to eat. I just ate my lite and drank water. I am definitely an emotional eater. We have about 7 cats but he was one of my favorites. Another thing that made it worse was my hubby wasn't even here. I had to pick him up at the airport at 9:30 last night. So, I had to wait to get him buried.

I hope that today is a better day. Well, I guess that I have spread enough bad news today. I will try to post my WI weight later.

Stay POP.

ferrarimomof2
02-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Hey Debbie,

We must have been posting at the same time. I feel your pain on being tired. I too never get in bed before 11:30 and my 21 month old usually gets me up not long after I have fell asleep. When she wakes me up now, I have just given up on sitting up with her and trying to get her to sleep in her bed. I am usually so tired that I just put her in our bed. Let me tell you that doesn't make for a good nights sleep either. As you know, you will get to get sleep again at some point in your life. I just keep telling myself that it won't be this way forever. It makes me reconsider having a third child sometimes.

Continue to stay POP.

bradleys mom
02-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Just wanted to drop in and say hi. I am back at work today. I went and WI this morning at COD. Our tax refund came in yesterday, and COD was having an Open house, so I caved and bought 5 weeks of lites... So that dropped me to Plan 3. I got a good deal @ $10 per box. If I decide to stay with the lites in 5 weeks, I will go to a cheaper alternative, Pria or Luna.

Repo girl
02-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Oh, Dionne, so sorry about your kitty. I know how much it hurts to lose them.

amylou7777
02-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Morning all!

I'm off to work but hope you all have a POP day and more importantly a POP weekend! We have our formal "ball" on Sat for my school. I'm planning on staying POP-I just really can't handle another off weekend. It should be fun nonetheless! I"m excited to get dressed up and go dancin!

Dan-glad you are able to check in-stay safe up there!

Michelle-SO good to see you! Hope you don't get any sickness from the kiddies.

Felicia-hope you are handling single motherhood ok for the time being. SOunds rough! I'll be thinking about ya.

Dionne- so sorry to hear about kitty. I would have been a wreck!!!

Tues-sorry to hear about your stress. I hope you get a clean boob report soon!! No turning to food!! You will be just fine!

Kimberly-I think you will enjoy having the lites as an easy sweet treat!

Hi Barbara!
Hi Nicole!
Hi Katie!

ok-off to work (yuck)!!

POP DAY!!! POP WEEKEND!!

Repo girl
02-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Hey Amy! We are gonna want to see pictures of you all dressed up, got it?

Have any of you seen the movie "Across the Universe"? We saw it at the theater and loved it. It came out on DVD this week, so we are having a little party tonight to watch with some friends. If you are a Beetles fan, you will LOVE this movie! I have been rocking out to the soundtrack for months now.

Mama Nicole
02-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Good morning all J

Debbie……..I know what you mean about not wanting to screw up BF by offering a bottle. Some kids do just fine with both……others, not so much. I had to laugh about your line on forcing your youngest to be born. I think that is some personality type in itself. My youngest DS was the same way……and he was super fussy……..and oh so manipulative in his sweet innocent baby ways. He is just a sweetie now. With all but one of my kids, I went straight from the breast to the cup. It is sooo nice to not have to deal with the bottle dilemma. I started offering a cup to my kids at about age 5 to 6 months. I offered them both a sippy and a regular cup. It is messy to let them learn to sip from a regular cup that young, but it you use water and a bib, it is not too bad. It is super nice when you are out somewhere and they are thirsty, and you cannot locate their, “special,” cup. Also……..going from 3 to 4 kids was no big deal for me. The way I look at it, once you have three kids, you are already outnumbered……:lol:. But, my kids are spaced out a bit different than yours are……..so it is really hard to say. I did have daycare kids years ago that were all around the same ages…….and that was difficult, but manageable……….however…….they all went home at 5:00. So…….I wish I had a more definitive answer for you………but I have a feeling you can handle it J Do you have any babysitters or family around you?

How did WI go Dionne?

Oh, Katie……..how I love Mexican food…….

Laurie….did you manage to stay OP yesterday?

Hi Michie and Kelly,….good to see you!!!

Yes, Barbara……..I did get my taxes done. Apparently, the state of Missouri thinks we are rich :lol:. This is the first year EVER that we have had to pay the state. DH did make quite a bit more money this year than last though, so I guess I just need to be thankful for that J. There are so many less fortunate that us……….but sometimes that is hard to see when we feel like we are constantly juggling our finances…..

Dawn…….you would be surprised to see how many toddlers are walking up and down the aisles of airplanes, flirting with other passengers. I am sure she will be fine……especially if you can keep your own stress level at bay ( I know that is one of the biggest struggles of motherhood).

Liza………the bunting is just adorable!!!! I am so glad you posted a picture. I will try to find some extra minutes later and post a picture of the sweater/bonnet/bootie set I made for my granddaughter……..HOLY CRAP that seems weird to type….:lol:.

Hooray Kim#2………it is so empowering to be back in control, isn’t it? You will be fine this weekend…….just keep remembering that food is for fuel…and how good you feel today!!!!

Grandma Cindy……I have always loved snow…….and I really miss it!!!

Dan……..take a little bit of time…..go buy a sled (if you can find one)…..and be a kid for a little while. Life it too short…….enjoy!!!!

Tuesday……….I do the same damn thing…..stress eat!!! I hope everything is ok……..I know it can be sooooooo scary!!!! Keep us posted…..and don’t apologize for sharing……that is what we are here for J

Debbie……….isn’t it amazing the amount of sleep you can learn to live on when you have babes in the house?

Oh, Dionne……that ia horrible about your cat. I hope today is a better day for you!!! And you my friend, had a total NSV (non scale victory)……you may have eaten out of stress…..but you stayed OP. That deserves on heck of a whoooohoooooo!!!

Kimberly………if lites work well for you……..use them. Don’t feel bad about spending the money on yourself…..YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!! Every stinkin’ penny!!!!!

Amylou……..wanna shoot for a 0.2 lb loss over the weekend with me? When I set myself a weekend goal….I almost always stay OP.

Big hellos to anyone I may have missed. I have three kids (my own) home today as two of them have the day off of school…….so keep your fingers crossed for me that they don’t argue too much J Have a great POP day everyone!!!
XOXO

Debbie24
02-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Dionne - Dylan (the baby) sleeps with us in the bed and i'm so glad we got a king size bed. he's moving around so much more now. My oldest slept with us until he was a little over 3yrs old. That wasnt fun while i was preggo with my 2nd because i would always get kicked in the stomach or back. If Dylan wasnt so congested right now i would be trying to get him to nap in his crib so i can transition him but he's not even sleeping much right now so i'll have to wait until he's better. I dont think i'll be getting a full nights sleep for another 2-3 yrs :lol:. We're planning to start trying for baby #4 when Dylan turns 1 so its going to be a while. I rather do it now while i'm young because when i get older i'll have way less patience. DH has older boys duties at night so if they wake up he has to go get them back to sleep. I couldnt handle it all on my own. So sorry to hear about your cat. Hope you have a better day today.

Nicole - I think i'm going to straight to sippy with Dylan also, no more bottles. We had the hardest time getting my oldest to drink his milk in a sippy, i think he was about 3 when he finally did it but he was taking juice from the sippy since he was about 6mo just not milk & when we took the bottle away from my 2nd he stopped drinking milk completely. Its been about 5mos since he stopped drinking milk and he lost weight but he's still doing ok. The baby really didnt want to come out. I was 40weeks 5days preggo and he was just being stubborn so i had to be induced which i regret because i think he just wasnt ready and thats the reason he was a very fussy baby. Who knows. I hope he wont be stubborn with everything. LOL. I'm outnumbered in so many ways so we're hoping to change that with baby #4. The only reason we're even having another is because we really want a girl but if it doesnt happen it doesnt happen and that would be it for us. My mom does live close by but she's probably going to move back to NY so then we wont have any family here in FL. Its hard but i manage on my own.

LOL i hope your kiddos dont give you too much trouble today.

bradleys mom
02-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Emily Lashea!!! Where are you?!?!?

chiquita623
02-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Good Morning everyone. Finally Friday!!! This has been an extremely long week for me. And stressful too. And no, I was not OP yesterday. Am trying today but am struggling. There is a cheesecake in the refrigerator that has been calling to me all morning.

I have been really struggling to keep my head above water lately. When I first started on LAWL in May 2007 I was so diligent about staying OP and not eating anything off plan. I think the first time I went off plan was in October at a b'day party for my grandson. And my weight loss completely stalled in October too. I was at 175 then and am now. Since the COD closed, I just cannot seem to get motivated to eat according to plan. I truly think I am bored and end up looking for any excuse to eat something "different". And calories, salt content, sugar, fat, all the bad stuff be damned. I don't care - I simply eat it. And I've completely stopped exercising. I'm hoping that when we get the eliptical next week that I will again be able to focus on the big picture and get my motivation back. I'm still trying but struggling. I keep sticking around these boards because you all give me a reason to at least attempt to stay OP. If not for you I'm sure I would have gained all my weight back plus some. Enough of my sob story. I just need to put on my big girl panties and get back on track. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

I'll check back in later to do some personals. My head is just not in it right now.

Katy66
02-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi Gang! I was in class all day yesterday leaving no time to even lurk much less post.

Went to WI today and it was horrible! I was up, of course I knew I would be. I've got to get this nibbling habit under control. I'm just so discouraged!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Alanna haven't seen you in a while.

Kimgreat job on TO...I see on coming in my near future:)

JillianGlad you heard from DH and sounds like that might be happening more often very soon. It has got to be hard.

FeliciaSo sorry that your DKs are sick (dear kids:) It has to be extra hard without DH to help.

Dan Glad you were able to check in...stay safe.

KatieWe really only get dustings of snow here. I would love to see a good one....maybe not as much as you have but somewhere in between.

LaurieI'm right with you girl. Something has got to get me refocused and back on track...I just haven't found it yet.

KimberlyRYou are doing so awesome, Congrats!

TuesdayYou crack me up:) Seriously though, when I went for my first mammogram the technician told me that in was not unusual to have to call the person back in. They just don't have a baseline to go by and need that second shot. I'm sure all will be fine. I've never really had a favorite boob but I may have to decide on one:)

DionneI'm so sorry about your cat.

Hi Kelly, Debbie, Tina, Paula, Nicole, Liza, Becky, Michie, and anyone I've missed.

BarbaraB
02-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Laurie and Katy, Keeping the weight off is a victory. I tend to think that any weight lost is gone for forever, but it is just not true. I just keep asking myself what do I really want? Do I want to indulge this craving right this moment and then feel bad about it later, since I always do. Or do I want to be thin and healthy. I just have an easier time saying no to stuff, when I'm in the mind set of it is what I really want to do, instead of something that someone else said I should do.

Nicole, I know how you feel about having to pay out on the taxes. I don't think that we are rich, but the government sure seems to think so. Of course with two incomes, it does make us better off than a lot of people. I think when my DD is out of college I will probably cut back to part time work and go into semi-retirement... about 2 more years.. maybe 3...

BarbaraB
02-08-2008, 02:57 PM
OK, I posted a new avatar picture, which could have many titles, one of which is a moment on the lips forvever on the hips... or I really really did enjoy the birthday cake, or the reason I'm back on weight loss portions.... but for those of you who asked if I had a good time... I thought a picture was worth a thousand words...

Repo girl
02-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Barb- LMAO!

bradleys mom
02-08-2008, 03:44 PM
:rofl::hb::celebrate: Yummmm Barb!!!

pjbeau
02-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Hi, All!!

Why do Wednesdays and Thursday seems to kick my butt...For last couple weeks I will do so well on the weekend and the first part of the week, but then I mess it all up. Obviously, since I'm venting here, I did it again...Chinese. Just can't seem to keep my focus.

Tuesday - I went through the exact same thing last year. I had to go through a needle biopsy too before they determined I was "clean." I hope you get good news soon.

Dionne - So sorry about your kitty.

To all the boobs - :cheers: You are amazing...I tried to BF both of my kids, lasted 6 weeks with DD and 4 weeks with DS. I just couldn't do it.

I have no desire to have all the snow that some of you have been getting, but I want snow day! We have to have a hurricane coming right at us to get a free day off.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Mama Nicole
02-08-2008, 04:22 PM
To all the boobs - :cheers: You are amazing...I tried to BF both of my kids, lasted 6 weeks with DD and 4 weeks with DS. I just couldn't do it.

:lol: :lol:.......Paula......you are hysterical!!! You know.........if my mom wouldn't have been there, holding my hand, I probably would have never survived BFing. My oldest DD was not cooperative at all.....and any and every BFing complication that could have occured did with us. My mom just kept telling me...,"one more day.....just one more day.....you will be so glad." She, of course, was so right........especially with oldest DD.....as it turned out, she was allergic to milk, eggs, nuts, etc......and that would have been a nightmare had I not nursed her. Anyway......I truly do attribute our success to my dear mom :) Some people are lucky, and it all just kind of works out naturally........not me.....i had to fight it out for three of of five babies. Two of them just seemed to know what to do.......but those other three about drove me insane!!!

Mama Nicole
02-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Oh, and Paula.......stay strong.......you have been so postive and doing so well lately......you can do this :)

Hey Joni.........come out, come out wherever you are............
XOXO

Katy66
02-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Nicole - my great neice has severe egg and nut allergies. She is 3 years old and it is so hard. We are all learning to cook differently:) Has your DD grow out of any of her allergies? How was it as she got older and could eat things without you knowing? My neice (her mom) rarely lets her out of her site:)

ferrarimomof2
02-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Hey everyone,

Just a quick note to let you all know how WI went today. I weighed in at 174.6. I have lost 4lbs since Mon. I got put on the Gold plan today. I hope it works as well as the Purple.

Thanks for the comments about my kitty.

Everyone stay POP.

ChefsGirl
02-08-2008, 05:14 PM
I feel like I’m behind. I copied all of your stuff to a Word doc and read it throughout the day. Kept me motivated all day.

WI today was okay. I’m the same I was last Friday. Lots of fluctuations going on w/ my weight but I’m starting to realize my triggers.

I’m very sensitive to not eating. The scale started moving down for me the last few days b/c I made myself eat. I’m trying to train myself to look at hunger pains as a really bad thing.

Going to a concert tonight w/ a bunch of friends. There will be LARGE amounts of alcohol involved. I planned for 3 light beers, but to be completely honest, will probably go over. Will be dancing for about 4 hours though, so I’ll get some good cardio in.

My plan for the weekend to make up for my extra beers is to exercise Sat & Sun (I’m up to 22 minutes on the treadmill), drink an extra 32 oz of H20 (totaling 96 oz), eat ALL of my food, and try to eat more earlier in the day. Hopefully this will counteract my little party splurge tonight.

I’m really excited to see my friends though. I have about 15 people coming to my house after work. I can’t wait. I’ve missed them since I’ve been limiting my social activities in order to lose weight.

Paula – we’re going to Ft. Lauderdale and staying at the Bahia Mar. Have any good tips for me? Usually when traveling I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do, but not this time! What’s fun? And yes, the weather here has been awful and I can’t wait to get out of it.

The sun is shining today though, which hasn’t happened in forever!

Becky – I too, am allowing myself 5 lbs on our Florida vacation. I decided that last month when I booked the vacation. I am totally having second thoughts though and almost wish we weren’t going b/c these last few pounds have been SO hard to get off, I really don’t want to have to battle with them again. Delimas I plan on doing a ton of walking, but also will be spending a significant amount of time at the beach/pool w/ a cocktail. I’m sure our dinners out will be big off plan splurges also. DF and I have already discussed splitting main courses & desserts so hopefully that’ll help.

Kelly – thanks for mentioning that you lost the vaca weight in less than a week. That is very reassuring as I am stressing about this!

Dawn – where are you going in Florida? Oh, and I just noticed you are from MN. Can you totally NOT WAIT to get out of this cold & snow??? I can’t! We’re leaving next Saturday. It’s our 7 year anniversary. Gosh, that’s a long time……..

Cindy – I think it is so funny that you keep “binging” on grapes! That is an accomplishment in itself. Think of all the vitamins you are pouring into your bod!

Dan – what a challenge you have. One cannot live on green beans alone! I tried to stay POP last time I went out of town and ended up barely eating b/c I couldn’t find anything on plan. I actually ended up gaining.

Tuesday – glad to hear that your boob is okay. That is so scary!

Dionne – so sorry to hear about your cat. I have 4 of my own so that must’ve been pretty traumatic.

Katie – HUGE Beatles fan here and am dying to see that movie! It must’ve been released to the theaters in limited cities, b/c I don’t think it ever made it to the Midwest. I didn’t even know it was out yet! Thanks for the heads up. We are planning on going to see the Beatles “Love” show in Las Vegas in May. Also read your post about Mexican food and just know that you are not alone there. That was where my big splurge went last week and I am still fighting the added weight.

Nicole – can I jump on board for the .2 loss over the weekend? It’s going to be a difficult one for me w/ the social event tonight and my DF home all weekend. He just lost his job.

Laurie – my COD had a cheesecake sample today that was on plan and looked delicious. Do you want me try and get the recipe for you?

Well it took me all day, but I think I’m done now! Sorry if I missed anyone......but I gotta skate! I have been “fueling” my body all day and now I’m going to dance my butt off w/ my (non-online) friends!!!

Repo girl
02-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Jill- Wow, and here I thought Idaho sucked for never having good movies. You will love this movie, I promise. Have a great time at the concert, I am supremely jealous!

Paula- You are cracking me up. BF was hard with my first, but the second 2 were cake. Oh, did I just say cake? Sorry Nicole.

Dionne! You rock! Great loss.

Katy- Drink tea, chew gum, keep your mouth too busy snack!

Nicole- Apparently the feds and the state think that we are rich this year. We did not have to pay in, but our refund was much less than in years past. Oh well. The good news is that we don't need it really bad like we have in years past. So I guess that we are rich this year!

Laurie- I am in your club too. I do great for a day or so, then off the wagon I go. I think that I may have to get my jaw wired shut. DH would love that, come to think of it.

Ternoway
02-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Hi Everyone,
I hope you all had a great day. I have SERIOUSLY fell off the wagon. I have been so bad this week and can't seem to stay motivated. I need a very hard kick in the butt and I need it now!!!! Anyone with big boots feel free, I'm ready for it! :)
Barbara, I love the new avatar, cracked me up!

Repo girl
02-08-2008, 09:25 PM
Okay Tina, bend over, :kickbutt: and if that doesn't work, try this one on for size, :frypan: !!!

Repo girl
02-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Hey Stephanie, how is your dog doing?

zambejaly5
02-08-2008, 09:26 PM
man, I can't believe it is friday already, I hardly got on here at all this week.

I was down to 204.6 this morning!!! that is the lowest I have been in about 2 years. I just might actually make it to my Valentines goal!

there are way too many personals to catch up... so just HI to all of you. and have a great weekend!

zambejaly5
02-08-2008, 09:27 PM
hey, Katie!! we posted at the same time!

whatazoo
02-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Katie - thanks for asking. I think she is doing better. Am getting ready to order her a cart/wheelchair. The gal that did Reiki on her said she saw 14 or 15, so feels she has at least 3-4 more years. Even if a cart is only for a short time, the vet, the Reiki practitioner, my mom (and me) think it's in her best interests. She also suggested I take a class to become a Reiki I, at least. There is a lady here in town (woohoo) who is a teacher. Not sure of the exact cost, but I’m seriously thinking about it.

My scale is showing me down. Even after my Superbowl Sunday, my potluck at work on Tues and then my leftover Superbowl Mexican dip (mostly OP) with a whole bag of light Tortillas Wed. Hey, at least they were light, right!?! Got it of my system, I hope. Had lots of HLW this week. I really hate that stuff, you'd think I would stay POP just so I wouldn't have to drink it! I only went to the COD once this week. Was actually lower on their scale for once, then I was on mine! That never happens.

I got to go shopping again today, I am finally down to size 10’s! I am so excited. I haven’t been this weight in forever, probably when I was getting a divorce 9 years ago. WOW! I have 3 more weight loss weeks at the COD. Then on to stabilization, wherever the scale is! :)

Repo girl
02-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Stephanie- That sounds good. Great job on the 10's too!

Debbie24
02-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Morning everyone!

I'm down on the scale this morning, it said 156 Yay!!. I wont be changing the ticker until monday but i'm sure by monday it will be up some because it always is even tho i'm always POP. I have no idea why it does that to me then on tuesday it would go back to normal. I think the scale knows how to mess with me. LOL. Looks like i'll be making it to my valentines day goal (crossing my fingers).

Its the weekend so its pretty slow around here huh?

Stephanie - wow you are doing great, WTG on size 10s. how long did it take you to lose those 65lbs? Hopefully you will be at your goal by the time you need to start stabilization.

Well hope everyone has a POP weekend, we can do this ladies & gents!

We should do weekend challenges and WI on mondays to see who was the biggest loser of the weekend. That should be some motivation.

Talk to you all later.

bradleys mom
02-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Hey guys and gals! Hope you all are having a good weekend.

I messed up soo bad last night! And on my first day using lites too! lol DH took me out to eat at Chili's. I had a lot of tortilla chips w/ salsa and I ordered a chicken n cheese quesadilla, with black beans and rice. That doesnt sound so bad except for the fact that I had already had all of my food for the day. So I am working extra hard today drinking lots of water and I am going for a 2 mile jog on my lunch. Time to jump back on the wagon...

michie
02-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Good morning everyone!

Kim- Come on! Just 2 pounds to go! Drink your water today and eat your veggies! Going to KMart at noon???

Debbie- You are doing really great... don't let that tricky little scale discourage you!

Stephanie- I didn't realize you were so close to goal... that's awesome! You should do Jillian Micheal's "Making The Cut". It's supposed to help you get off the last 10 pounds.

Dionne- Congrats on the 4 pounds!

Well I finally went to the gym last night! I got 2 hours in before I decided that I loved it again and will start coming back. Otherwise I had a pretty great day yesterday... I met Liza! And I got free prizes from COD... awesome! Drank lots of water and ate all of my veggies, so hopefully when I go to Kmart today I will be down to where I need to be. I'll check in later! Peace!

cecil
02-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Michie I wish we lived in the same place I need motivation to go to the gym. First I need to get a membership somewhere! Ha ha!
Sounds like everyone is down today!
Kim you keep working hard you are sooo close! You are doing great!
So is everyone else! Have a great POP weekend! I know I will!

lizababe
02-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Hi Everyone!

Michie - I'm sorry I didn't get more time to talk to you! You're so sweet and shy! It got HOT out there in that tent before we were done... I hope you got some good stuff in that little baggy!

I didn't get to WI yesterday because the COD was so busy with the Open House which is good, because that was the point. I was going to try to go in this morning but that didn't happen. I guess I'll do TO again next weekend.

I'll read through the personals a little later and play catch up. Congrats to all of the losers once again! I have to rely on COD because I don't think my home sclae is so accurate anymore.

Ternoway
02-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Katie, Thanks for the kick! I'm back on plan so far today. Might be tough tonight as I'm going to a party but I've been guzzling the water and am hoping there will be at least a few sensible food options so I can at least try to stay POP. Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

ferrarimomof2
02-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Good afternoon everyone,

Just wanted to check in. I went mud riding with my DH and DS yesterday. It was a lot of fun. My DS is 6 years old and drives his go cart better than I would. We went to Subway to eat last night and I ate the oven roasted chicken salad. I was so proud of myself. However, it wasn't that hard to stick with plan after loosing 4 lbs. I was still on a high from that. My COD asked me yesterday if I had a before pic. My counselor told me that they wanted to put up pics of local people. So, I have been going through pics this morning. I have decided to do a photoalbum for myself. So, that I can see my progress and where I never want to go again. I hope that everyone is having a terrific day.

JLem311
02-09-2008, 02:31 PM
just thought i'd check in and say hi for the day...

cecil
02-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Hi Jillian! Nice to see you!

Mama Nicole
02-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Nicole - my great neice has severe egg and nut allergies. She is 3 years old and it is so hard. We are all learning to cook differently:) Has your DD grow out of any of her allergies? How was it as she got older and could eat things without you knowing? My neice (her mom) rarely lets her out of her site:)
Katy.........she has outgrown the milk allergy....and eggs, well, if they are raw or undercooked, the whites give her hives......but if they are in a product and it has been well cooked (enough to alter the protein structure of the white), then she seems to be ok. To this day, if she consumes a lot of milk products, she breaks out in eczema, but that is way more tolerable than the giant hives she used to get. As far as the nuts and peanuts..........no, she has not grown out of that one, and never will. She carries an epi-pen with her at all times. One time, when she was about 2 1/2, my own mother gave her a muffin that had nuts in it. The funny thing is, my mom is also allergic to peanuts......so of all people to make the mistake, it was insane that it was my mom. Poor thing, she felt so bad. Anyway......the two times she accidentally ingested nuts/peanuts.....she had to be rushed to the E.R. The other time she was about a year and a half and got a peanut at a wedding, or so we think, We never knew for sure.....but again, had to go to the E.R. She had to have several shots of epinepherin, and she looked almost deformed for a few days because of the swelling. I don't blame your sis, or sil for not letting her out of her sight. I still have a hard time letting DD leave, and she is 17. She is so allergic, that one time, I was vacuuming peanut shells up, and she started wheezing, just from the particles in the air. So, needless to say......we live in a nut free environment most of the time. When I do let my other kids have peanut butter, they are sequestured to the kitchen table, and everything is washed with soap and water immediately. It's a pain in the butt. Our schools have been really good about it though, and every classroom she was in in grade school was a nut free room. What has always blown me away, is that people somehow think a kid can still eat peanutbutter if they are allergic to peanuts. I guess you just don't think about it unless it is your kid, or you have witnessed an anaphylactic reaction. Our school nurse always writes up a new care plan for her, in case of a reaction, and any and all teachers or paraprofessionals that are in contact with her throughout the day are trained on how to care for her. I always check that her condition is a life threatening one, because it is, and a lot of times, people do not realize that. They think the kids just get irritated. My DD's little tongue looked like an enormous strawberry one of the times she had a reaction. All in all.........she pretty much took charge of her condition when she was pretty young......say 5 or 6 (with guidance, of course). We keep liquid bendryl on hand at all times, and she takes a "swig" several times a week because there are traces of allergens everywhere, and lots of days she is just plain ithcy.....especially her lips and nose. It kind of sucks for her......but she has learned to deal with it. She always reads labels, and has learned to read them forwards and backwards, as often we skim over the first few ingredients, and miss the killer ones near the end. She refuses to eat anything unless their is a label, unless she has made it herself. And, as a mom.........it can be very trying......but assure your sis that it will get soooo much easier when her DD is a little older. :) How's that for a novel on food allergies......:lol:

Tuesday Cool
02-09-2008, 05:06 PM
The lack of daily structure causes my diet to go completely off whack! It does not help that I am in the middle of finals and might be heading to the fridge for some respite from the computer. I am managing to force my water consumption. I keep telling myself that I do not get anything else to eat until I finish my water! I am so obsessed with eating that I drink my water!
Well back to my homework. Well, maybe a quick peak in the cupboard...:comp::book2:

Dan2112
02-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Hey gang..

Made it back home in one piece, none the worse for wear... Was an amazing experience with the dig out up in Chama, although my time there was brief... I kind of had to give up eating OP, as there really wasn't much there I could eat. The Salvation Army, bless them, did their best to provide me with fruit and veg, but the proteins were not of the best quality, fat and calorie-wise..

Anyway.. Back to the daily grind... Hope you're all doing well!

GrandmaCindy
02-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Welcome back, Dan!

Sounds like a lot of good losses going around. Congrats to all of you.
To those of us that slipped or are hanging on to the wagon, let's get back on!
To those of you that had parties and dances, etc. hope things went as well as could be expected.

amylou7777
02-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Happy Sunday All!

I'm still catching up on posts but wanted to say hi!

We had our formal "ball" for my school last night--it was fun but got a lil boring. We ended up getting home pretty early. I"m going to post a pic of myself in my profile. We only too a few! It was fun to get all dressed up!

Dan-glad you made it home safe!

Hi Cindy!

Nicole- I just saw your weekend challenge goal- I hope I made it! I was pretty darn good this weekend, went a little over at the dance bc it was a set dinner menu, but nothing too bad at all. How did you do??

Kimberly-I hope you are feeling better after your Chili's overdose. No looking back-it was just one meal! You are so close to your goal!!!

Jill-hope you had fun dancing!! I tried to stay away from the liquid fruit/starches last night. I did have a little too much wine and went over my fruits, but decided it wasn't worth it and stopped there.

Liza and Michelle-how fun you got to meet! Man I wish I still lived in SD, I would love to meet you guys!

Hi Katie!

Hi Stephanie-I hope your baby is feeling better soon! You are so wonderful to be looking into alternative medicines for him!

How have you been doing Tina?

Hi Katy!

Hi Paula!

Hi Jillian!

Hi Debbie!

So I'm starting a 5 day plateau breaker today. I've been avoiding it, but I think it's time to get the scale moving!!! I've been doing pretty well on plan and getting exercise in but my body just isn't responding right now. I am due for a big loss!

HOpe you all had an excellent weekend!

amylou7777
02-10-2008, 01:10 PM
OH, I almost forgot-I love the new avatar Barb! So I work for Parole-and therefore read a lot of police reports, and examine a lot of photo evidence......I have to admit that at first glance it looked like you were partaking in a less than legal activity.....then I remembered you were going to the Melting pot.....and realized that in our world-that IS illegal activity!!!

Debbie24
02-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Amy you look great in your profile pic. You definitely dont look like you are 238lbs. Alot of the people on here dont look the weight it says on their ticker. Glad you had fun at the ball and glad to hear you were able to stop yourself when you thought you were going overboard.

Debbie24
02-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Today went well overall. We were out most of the day so most of my exchanges were left for the afternoon. I did resist a few temptations today. We had subway for lunch like we normally do on sundays and then visited a friend who was making a pastry that is from the country i'm from and that i usually like alot and i totally resisted having any of it even tho it was freshly made and still hot. DH had a tiny piece but he's so easily tempted especially if i say its ok and i told him it was fine. She gave us some to take home and on the way home i stopped by my mom and gave it to her so neither DH or I would be tempted to eat it. Since we were out it would have been really easy to stop by and pick up fast food but we were both really good and we came home, made dinner and had some healthy home made food. I really hope it shows on the scale. Speaking of the scale, my battery is low and it wont even work, all it says when i step on it is "Lo" which might be a good thing if my weight is low. LOL. I asked DH not to forget to pick up the battery today and of course he forgot so he said he would pick it up tomorrow so i wont add to the WI thread until tuesday. I'm so bummed. I'm having withdrawal.

Anyway have a good night everyone.

Tuesday Cool
02-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Hello all you losers! I have had a horrid weekend buried in my computer getting my finals done. Now I have a month off.
Good or bad in that time I am traveling to Las Vegas (for a conference) and then China (for travel). Yeah, China for a week and a half. I do not plan on staying on plan so I will just have to restart when I get back.
Dan, just think about all the sodium I will be consuming. I may swell up like a pig! Boom!
My friend I am going to Vegas with and I are planning to bring healthy stuff for breakfast and lunch so we save for dinner out and wine!!!!
This could be a bad month for weight loss. I am going to try the plateau buster this week and wear my smallest clothes to keep me feeling like trying. Plus a handful of "Allie" and I am set for disaster!

LizzyW
02-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Evening all,

Wanted to let you know that I got my truck back and it looks great! It better after what it cost. Dan wasn't in the dog house at all. I was upset at first, but realized it wasn't that bad and was less upset about it then he was. But the truck looks brand new again.

Thanks for all the comments on the new avator. I had my hair done about a month ago. I love it.

Well time to get kids ready for bed. Talk to you all later.
Liz

GrandmaCindy
02-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Deb: Sounded like you had a lot of victories on Sunday. Good for you! Cindy