South Beach Diet - What's on Your Menu? Week of 2/4 - 2/10

Schmoodle
02-04-2008, 10:34 AM
As promised, here is a weekly menu thread. We can keep this up as long as there is interest. I'll start us off.
My menu for the day:
B - 1 deviled egg, 2 turkey bacons, baked oatmeal, coffee with milk
S - V8, celery with LCLC
L - zydeco soup, salad
S - latte, half a grapefruit
D - lean cheeseburger patty, salad, steamed green beans
S - Greek yogurt with agave nectar and almonds

What's on your plate today?

Neko
02-04-2008, 11:10 AM
I had today all planned out, then woke up late (due to dumb cat invading my son's room in the middle of the night), couldn't make eggs for breakfast and forgot my snacks. Sooooo. Here's the plan ATM.

Breakfast - breakfast cheesecake (as per forum recipe) coffee with cream :o, I really, really needed the caffeine
Snack - Diet coke (more caffeine. lol)
Lunch - Taco Bake (I remembered that), spinach
Snack - Emergency 100 calorie pack of almonds in purse
Dinner - Pot roast with carrots, celery, onions (in crockpot) Maybe 1/2 a WW English muffin
Snack - Yogurt

GONNABE165
02-04-2008, 11:15 AM
today for me...

B- oatmeal with mixed berries & green tea
S- raw veggies & yogurt
L- l/o veggie stir fry
S- banana & clementine
D- black beans & rice
S- granola bar

SAnativegirl
02-04-2008, 11:20 AM
I am off whack because of superbowl, too. I forgot to make quiche cups yesterday, will do it tonight.

B-Dry 1/2 cup wheat and Bran biscuits
L- chicken salad-somewhere out to lunch
D-Lean cuisine-salmon new one I havent tried, husband can have leftover
chicken legs from yesterday

cottagebythesea
02-04-2008, 11:30 AM
B. breakfast cheesecake w/ fresh blueberries
S. none
L. eating out - hopefully a salad and/or lowfat soup of some kind
S. raw veggies w/ hummus
D. pork and pepper salad, steamed carrots
S. mocha ricotta creme

amasam
02-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Day 2 of Phase 1

B: half broccoli & cheddar frittata w/candian bacon, latte
S: skipped, late breakfast
L: chili and salad (leftovers from yesterday), half Coke zero
S: cheese stick, sugar free candy
D: balsamic pork tenderloin, lima beans, green beans (must go to store for fresh veggies!), cherry jello, iced tea
S: pepper strips, peanuts, sweet chamomille tea

Ally

only1naked
02-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Breakfast - 2 scrambled eggs with green peppers
Snack - A gigantic wad of cauliflower - darn near half a head
Lunch - Some leftover pasta-less spinach lasagne & a side salad
Snack - Celery w/Light Laughing Cow swiss
Dinner - Baked chicken breast doused in Frank's hot sauce with a side of edamame w/ sesame and scallions
Snack/Dessert - SF Jello

SkinnyDogMom
02-04-2008, 07:55 PM
B-slept in quite late, so I missed it (too excited after the superbowl to sleep, so I went to sleep late!!)
L-leftover taco bake on a big salad
S-a small orange
D-seared/baked pork chop, roasted fennel/parsnips/carrots/onion/mushroom
& cottage cheese
S-sf fudgesickle
Lots of Iced Tea

CyndiM
02-04-2008, 08:03 PM
B: 1 egg scrambled with a veggie sausage patty and lots of green peppers, smothered in Hedgie's Salsa (extra chunky - yum); coffee!

L: 4 slices tofurkey; 2 c edamame

snack: 4 slices tofurkey rolled with a Laughing Cow wedge (I'm feeling a bit protein deprived)

dinner: lentil soup with lots of spinach & celery; tossed salad

tammie00
02-05-2008, 09:51 AM
I am on phase 1

B-2 quiche cups wiht hot sauce, v8 and coffee
S-celery and red peppers with laughing cow
L-taco bake, romaine lettuce, sourcream, extra veggies like onions, red peppers, and such
S-milk
D-probably eating out after MK meeting....salad either chicken or steak depending onwhere we go eat.
D hot cocoa

Does this sound ok.
Tammie

cottagebythesea
02-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Hey tammie, we both enjoyed the same breakfast this morning! Except I didn't have the V-8. :)

B. 2 veggie quiche cups w/hot sauce, 2 slices lite ww toast w/spritz of ICBINB
S. maybe piece of cheese if needed
L. pork & pepper salad over raw shredded cabbage
S. Greek yogurt w/ berries
D. 13 Bean soup
S. nsa fudgsicle w/ 2 T. ff Cool Whip

Schmoodle
02-05-2008, 10:29 AM
My menu for the day:
B - 1/2 deviled egg, 2 turkey bacons, baked oatmeal with a smear of pb, coffee with milk
S - V8, celery with LCLC
L - zydeco soup, salad
S - latte, half a grapefruit
D - chicken leftovers, sauteed spinach, another veggie
S - Greek yogurt with agave nectar and almonds

Sounds a lot like yesterday, doesn't it?
Last night when I grocery shopped I picked up some of those sugar free pmint patties and pb cups. While I was waiting for DD to come out of dance class, I sampled a few. Very yummy, but I was playing the tuba all night long! The kids thought it was hysterical because, ya know, moms don't fart! I think I will have to enjoy these one at a time.

Tammie, I see dairy and beans, lots of veggies, and lean protein. Looks like you are doing great!

cottage, you've got 2 grain servings and one fruit. Is that a normal day for you? Is that your Ph2 combo?

tammie00
02-05-2008, 10:32 AM
What is zydeco soup and agave nectar?
I love the peppermint patties. LOL I have found that if I am umm stopped up these do the trick!!!

Tammie

Schmoodle
02-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Agave nectar is a low glycemic sweetener. It's really yummy. I found out about it from the chicks here. You can find it in health food stores and online.
Zydeco soup is a recipe that PHinsUP recently posted in Ph1 soups and stews. I just tried it and it's very good!

SoulCyster
02-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Hello ladies! I'm in Phase 2 for the second week.

B: Slim Fast Low Carb Chocolate Shake
S: Mozz stick
L: Salad
S: Almonds
D: who knows! Maybe a wrap with some FF turkey
S: SF Fudesicle

SAnativegirl
02-05-2008, 11:12 AM
B-1 quiche cup, 1/2 c coffee
L-I have few slices turkey, will go get a salad somewhere after
40 min walk at mall
D-having a couple over for dinner, DH is making chicken with
whole wheat pasta and lots of fresh veggies-snow peas,
red peppers, zucchini, and the couple are bringing a salald.

GONNABE165
02-05-2008, 11:20 AM
on plan for today

B- cantaloupe, vanilla yogurt & grapefruit juice
S- almonds
L- boca patty & brussel sprouts
S- baby carrots
D- mexican stew (dh cooked up) over rice
S- jello

cottagebythesea
02-05-2008, 11:21 AM
cottage, you've got 2 grain servings and one fruit. Is that a normal day for you? Is that your Ph2 combo?

The bread is from Trader Joe's. It's low calorie Light Wheat Bread (whole wheat, I checked!) with only 40 calories and 1 gram of sugar per slice, so I allowed myself two slices for a serving. Normally I'd only have 1 grain serving a day, with the exception of this.

I won't buy those SF peppermint patties, for the very reason you stated! They almost killed me once, I was literally doubled over in pain! But, oh man, they are sooooooo good! :D

Schmoodle
02-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Oh thanks. I usually keep it at one serving of each, although occasionally I'll go to two. Just wondered if I was keeping it too low. I don't think I'd be losing at all if I went to three.

waquilter
02-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Morning ladies!

B - Oatmeal Beakfast bars and strawberries
L- Turkey and Ham salad w/ sf dressing (Subway)
S - Celery w/ LC
D - Turkey & White Bean Chili
S - sf jelllo

only1naked
02-05-2008, 01:59 PM
B - Turkey sausage link, 2 scrambled eggs, a little shredded lf cheddar, all wrapped up in a whole wheat tortilla then doused with salsa. (Think: Best meal of the day.)
S - Big ol' handful of cauliflower and a 2% string cheese stick
L - Romaine lettuce salad with cauliflower and broccoli a whole tomato and lf dressing. (This salad was as big as my car. HUGE.)
S - Cup o' dry roasted edamame (Not had this yet, but a trickle of drool is forming in the corner of my mouth)
D - Spicy shredded pork in the crock pot and probably more of that cool salad I had for lunch with a different dressing to change it up.
S - SF Jello (I might go crazy and throw a coupla tbsp of Cool Whip Free on top

SAnativegirl
02-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Hey Naked- Do you buy the roasted soy nuts as I do or do you roast them yourself?? I love those things-How much is a serving? What do we count them as? I bought some bulk for DH but he keeps em in his car or I would eat em all!

only1naked
02-05-2008, 02:57 PM
I buy the edamame already dry roasted. The brand is Seapoint Farms. I haven't found a store around here that carries them, so I get them online at snackaisle.com. Here is the nutritional values:

Serving size: 1/4 cup
Calories: 130, Calories from fat: 40
Total Fat 4g
Sat. Fat: .5g
Trans fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 150 mg
Total Carbs: 10g
Dietary Fiber: 8g
Sugars: 1g
Protein: 14g
Ingredients: Soybeans, sea salt.

Okay, so maybe I will just eat a half cup, not a whole one. *sigh* I love these things.

CyndiM
02-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Okay, I wasn't going to post my food because I didn't manage to stay on plan. Then I realized that skipping the day would defeat the purpose so here goes.

It was a hectic day. I started out mixing my greek yogurt with agave and nuts which I was going to have with a glass of organic vegetable juice. One bite and I realized the yogurt had gone bad. At that point I gave up and got ready for work, so no real breakfast.

AM: 6 almonds :(
Lunch: lentil soup with lots of spinach, 15 pistachios
snack: Soy crisps, radishes
dinner: Hot collard slaw with tempeh bacon ( a new recipe I'm trying), mashed cauliflower with laughing cow wedge

I would have been okay if the morning had worked out. Oh well, tomorrow is another day and I will get it right!

TechieGrrl09
02-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Sunday:
B: breakfast sandwich (ww English muffin with lf swiss, Eggbeaters, and Candian bacon) and coffee with skim milk
S: lf string cheese
L: apricot, pistachio, and goat cheese salad (Oh My Gosh! It was so good!)
S: 1 1/2 cups skim milk and sf popsicle
D: OFFPLAN- wings that my husband brought home.

Yesterday:

B: oatmeal bar and V8
S: lf string cheese stick
L: broccoli and cheese soup
S: salad
D: pita pizza with turkey pepperoni and lf mozarella
S: sf popsicle

B: oatmeal bar and V8 (eaten in the truck on my way to school)
S: none
L: South Beach Diet Burger (leftovers)
S: none
D: New Beef Burgundy (from the SBD Cookbook)

I haven't eaten enough today but I am getting ready for a snack right now and I am going to eat a huge salad in about an hour.

Neko
02-05-2008, 07:59 PM
ok, I tried the cinnamon dolce latte SF syrup from Starbucks, it was so awful I couldn't even drink the thing. Tasted like somebody dropped a red-hot in my coffee.

Breakfast - 1/2 cup egg beaters, red pepper, FF cheese, tea with 1% milk
Snack - Carrot and celery with 2 TBS hummus
Lunch - Arugala with chicken breast, homemade ranch dressing
Snack - yogurt
Dinner - 2 Italian turkey sausage, red pepper & onion sauteed in EVOO & 1/4 cup tomato sauce
Snack - SB peanut butter cup

If you're in P2, would you count carrots as a starch or vegetable? I've been scared to add starches back.

Schmoodle
02-05-2008, 08:38 PM
I count carrots as a veg, I just use less of them than other veggies. For instance in a soup or stir fry I'll put some in for color and taste, but then a TON of green peppers, zucchini, etc.

Good to know about the cinnamon dolce. I haven't tried that one yet. I didn't care for their gingerbread flavor.

luckyclov78
02-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Can someone pleeeeeeeze tell me where to buy edamame? I saw it on a couple of your menus. I've looked and looked, but have never found it.

cottagebythesea
02-05-2008, 08:44 PM
You can usually find edamame in the fresh produce aisle. The dry roasted edamame can usually be found in with the chips and nuts.

luckyclov78
02-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks! I'll have to look harder. I live in a rural area and do most of my grocery shopping at WalMart because of the better varieties than the little mom and pop grocers. Is the fresh edamame available year-round? The first time I ever tried it was at Ruby Tuesday's from their salad bar. Now when we choose someplace to eat I'll choose Ruby Tuesday's just for that!:D

horsey
02-05-2008, 09:48 PM
B - ham, cheese, v8
L - Lentil soup, more v8 (ugh)
Snack - almonds, peanut butter
D - salad, veggies, shrimp scampi
How's that for "back to phase 1?)

cottagebythesea
02-06-2008, 07:19 AM
B. oatmeal w/ fresh blueberries
S. nothing
L. apricot, goat cheese and pistachio salad ( TnTechGirl reminded me of this!)
S. string cheese and red pepper strips
D. Shrimp Scampi over steamed broccoli
S. Peanut Butter Cup

amasam
02-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Yesterday
B: two quiche cups, canadian bacon, latte
L: large mixed green salad w/grilled chicken & provolone w/homemade balsamic vinegaratte
S: spoonful of peanut butter
D: steak, braised lentils, broccoli, jello
S: latte, sugar free candy

Today
B: two quiche cups, 1/2 cup yogurt with jello powder, latte
S: green pepper strips w/hummus
L: pork tenderloin, lima beans, green beans (leftovers)
S: cheese stick
D: salmon, green beans, salad

Possibly some sugar free candy/gum thrown in, as well as hot tea w/Splenda. And when I do Phase 1 I crave peanuts, so I eat a few when I want them (keeps me out of the taboo foods!).

Ally

GONNABE165
02-06-2008, 09:44 AM
B- scramble egg whites, 1/2 grapefruit & glass of 1% milk
S- mixed fruit cup
L- stir fry veggies with boca crumbles
S- vanilla yogurt & grapes
D- bean soup (dh is making it)
S- oatmeal cookies

only1naked
02-06-2008, 09:52 AM
B - 2 eggs, 2 slices of turkey bacon, LF cheddar, & green peppers rolled up in a WW tortilla and doused with salsa. (Breakfast of Champions, I'm tellin' ya!)
S - celery sticks w/ roasted red pepper hummus
L - Leftover spicy shredded pork from last night over black beans w/ side salad
S - Big ol' handful of cauliflower
D - Parmesan crusted tilapia, broccoli & side salad
S - SF jello

I need to get to the store and get some fruit!! I have been way too busy this week. (I don't live near a grocery store).

Neko
02-06-2008, 11:11 AM
lol. You really seem to enjoy your cauliflower only1naked.

B - Whole wheat English Muffin, TBS Natural PB, tea with 1% milk
S - Red pepper, homemade ranch dip
L - Taco Bake, spinach
S - Latte
D - Chicken breast, roasted fennel & onions
S - cottage cheese

waquilter
02-06-2008, 11:41 AM
My scale has been stuck for several days so I may have added back too many P2 things too quickly - Guess I'll go back to Ph1 for a couple of days to get back on track.
B scrambled egg w/ canadian bacon
S - V8 w/ celery & LC
L - Grilled chicken and salad
S- SF jello
D - Grilled fish w/ green beans and steamed broccoli

only1naked
02-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Yes, Neko, I LOVE raw cauliflower. I always have. I could down a head of it a day with no problem. I can break it up small and eat it like popcorn in a bowl in the evening, I can put it on salad, I can stick in in a vase with water and a little baby's breath...

I LOVE my cauliflower. EXCEPT - I hate it cooked. Go figure.

TechieGrrl09
02-06-2008, 04:29 PM
B: oatmeal bar
S: string cheese stick
L: leftover New Beef Burgundy & 2 cups hot green tea & 1 sf popsicle
S: 1 oz. pecans
D: I am planning on making a large salad, Big Easy Shrimp with brown rice

GONNABE165
02-07-2008, 10:50 AM
B- oatmeal with cinnamon & 1/2 banana & 1 cup grapefruit juice
S- yogurt with homemade granola
L- dh's leftover bean soup over brown rice (it was more like water)
S - 1/2 cup carrots with plain yogurt for dip
D- stuffed pepers
S- jello

Barb0522
02-07-2008, 11:34 AM
B - oatmeal with Splenda, cinnamon, blueberries, banana and a glass of skim milk
S - yogurt
L - omelet with veggies
S - raw zucchini
D - leftover cranberry-orange turkey breast, rice, garlic mustard green beans and peas with pearl onions
Dessert - strawberries

SAnativegirl
02-07-2008, 11:54 AM
B-quiche cup and 1/2 grapfruit
L-dont know-will grab a salad w/ chicken maybe
S-pudding cup chocolate
D-1/2 pc flounder, veggies, leftover stuffed mushrooms

jillybean720
02-07-2008, 12:13 PM
I am SO hungry yesterday and today. Hopefully, it won't last long and is just my body trying to catch up from a few days of not eating as much because I was sick. At least, I'm PRAYING this hunger doesn't keep up!
Today:

V8
turkey sausage with garlic & herb laughing cow light cheese wedge, 2 cups skim milk (I thought maybe all this protein would hold me over for quite some time, but no!)
Atkins chocolate peanut butter bar (bad, I know)
handful raw broccoli florets with onion vegetable dipThat's what I've had already today, and it's only 11am. This is craziness! My plan for the rest of the day:

egg salad (made with soy-based mayo)
Gorton's fish filet and tartar sauce (made myself with soy mayo and no sugar added sweet pickle relish)
dinner out tonightTonight's dinner will likely be at a Brazilian steakhouse, where they come around and carve fresh meats right onto your plate at your table. I always cut off visible fat from cooked meats (I just don't like to eat it--it's all squishy and gross to me), so dinner will be meat and salad (my OWN choices for the salad since it's a salad bar).

only1naked
02-07-2008, 12:33 PM
B - Leftover shredded spicy pork w/black beans on ww tortilla (wasn't in the mood for breakfast food)
S - string cheese stick
L - salad w/ romaine, broccoli, cauliflower, tomato & Goddess dressing
S - Not sure... maybe another cheese stick
D - Chicken & white bean chili

I am slacking on veggies today. I might need to rethink this.

Neko
02-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Yes, Neko, I LOVE raw cauliflower. I always have. I could down a head of it a day with no problem. I can break it up small and eat it like popcorn in a bowl in the evening, I can put it on salad, I can stick in in a vase with water and a little baby's breath...

I LOVE my cauliflower. EXCEPT - I hate it cooked. Go figure.

I'm sure it would make a lovely bouquet if you got some of the differently colored cauliflower. :D

B - Egg beaters, FF cheese, peppers
S - celery & carrots with hummus
L - 1/2 sandwich from Paneras :o ( I missed my pre-packed lunch due to work issues and was starving when I passed Paneras. Atleast the vegi sandwich isn't the worst thing you can eat)
D - Vegi burger, FF cheese, broccoli
S - cottage cheese

i ate my skinny me
02-07-2008, 11:45 PM
B: 2 Hard Boiled eggs and 2 slices Canadian Bacon
s: Strawberry SF Jello
L: Grilled Chicken, Broc. with FF American cheese "sauce"
s: Cashews 1/4 cup, coffee with SF french Van Creamer
D: Chicken stir fry with broc. snap peas &mushrooms
s: Coffee FF cottage cheese

38withfreckles
02-08-2008, 12:54 AM
I'm on Phase 2 and my weight loss has all but stopped!

Exercise class 8:15 - one hour of groove class!
breakfast: bottle of water, toasted pita bread, diet coke
lunch: leftover boiled shrimp and crab stuffed mushrooms (my fav!)
snack: sf jello with sf cool whip
dinner: brisket on high fiber bun, handful of grapes, diet coke

Schmoodle
02-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Hi guys, I haven't posted menus for a couple of days, and there's a reason for that! :o
It was a busy week and with DH gone I just haven't wanted to cook dinners when I can just give the kids something quick. One night I ended up standing in front of the refrigerator eating some lunchmeat and a lettuce leaf, along with a handful of peanuts. Needless to say I went back for more later, and it wasn't the right stuff. I will have a better plan for next week, making menus and grocery list today. I think I'll start a week of Ph1 tomorrow, just need to finish up my oatmeal and last grapefruit today.

So today:
B: coffee with milk, baked oatmeal, Canadian bacon, 1/2 grapefruit
S: V8, fried egg
L: Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup, Tuna Fish Salad with lots of veggies
S: Latte, celery with LCLC
D: WW pita pizza with veggies and turkey pepperoni
S: yogurt or 1/2 cup NSA butter pecan ice cream

38withfreckles, don't know if you are asking for advice or not, so if not, feel free to disregard. It is normal for things to slow when you start with PH2. I'm not sure how long you've been Ph2, but I didn't lose for a couple of weeks when I started Ph2 the first time, but then it picked up and became very steady. I did notice not much in the way of veggies in your menu, so upping veggie intake may help. A piece of pita is not much for breakfast. I find a shot of protein really helps get the metabolism running. Maybe put an egg on it? Also, the brisket is a high fat cut of meat, and not allowed on the plan. Your calories may be too low also, so you may want to check that. You can throw in some dairy, some beans, cheese, etc.

only1naked
02-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Best. Username. EVER.

Neko
02-08-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm on Phase 2 and my weight loss has all but stopped!

Exercise class 8:15 - one hour of groove class!
breakfast: bottle of water, toasted pita bread, diet coke
lunch: leftover boiled shrimp and crab stuffed mushrooms (my fav!)
snack: sf jello with sf cool whip
dinner: brisket on high fiber bun, handful of grapes, diet coke

mmmm. Diet coke, the breakfast of champions. ;)

Now I don't feel too bad about occasionally starting off my day with diet coke.

B - WW "British" muffin, TBS Natural PB, coffee w/cream
S - carrots & celery with homemade ranch dip
L - Taco Bake with spinach
S - Latte
D - Tuna with celery, onion, mayo
S - cottage cheese

jillybean720
02-08-2008, 11:34 AM
oi, yesterday was a bust! I slipped back into my old compulsive overeating habits. I ate an ENTIRE BOX of Atkin's bars--yup, all 5 of them! And then we still went out to the BRazilian steakhouse for dinner, which is all-you-can-eat fresh meat and salad bar (they come around with different kinds of meats on big metal skewers and slice it directly onto your plate at your table). I think it wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't had those bars--the meat at dinner would have been fine by itself, but overall, not a good day.

But, on to today!

V8, string cheese, diet ginger ale
egg salad (3 eggs, soy mayo, dijon style soy mayo, and paprika)
we're having a group lunch today, so we ordered from Panera. I think I made the best choice I could: You Pick 2 (where you get half size of each item) broccoli cheese soup and Asian sesame chicken salad. Panera lists nutritional info online, and total for both items is 8g sugar (but probably less since that includes the little fried wontons in the salad, which I pick out and don't eat)
frozen grilled tilapia and tartar sauce (soy mayo and NSA sweet relish)
I think I'm going to try to make my own thousand island dressing and have a big salad for dinner.

SAnativegirl
02-08-2008, 11:45 AM
B-5 triscuits-yeah I know-thats why I'm starving now-lunch soon
L-Leftover dinner-broiled trout-stir fry veggies, 1 stuffed mushroom
D-1 1/2 c leftover superbowl chili with toasted WW tortilla chips, RF cheese

Sat. plans
B-omelet
L-birthday party-will skip hamburger buns and cake
D-steak

Sun plans
B-omelet
L-?
D-chili

SkinnyDogMom
02-08-2008, 07:38 PM
I find frozen Edemame at Trader Joe's and at the commisary. I would think you could find it frozen at just about any big grocery chain. It has become common. I prefer the already shelled frozen edemame. I like it on salads "just" thawed or blanched a minute. I also like it hot with a spray of I can't believe it's not butter or a bit of real butter. I haven't tried dry roasted edemame, in fact, this is the first I've heard of it...I will be looking for it! It sounds yummy.

SkinnyDogMom
02-08-2008, 07:43 PM
B-slice of cheese
L-tuna (tuna,cottage cheese,celery,onion,dill pickles,mayo,mustard,capers) melt on ww bread
S-tuna melt on ww bread
D-beans-great northern & black eyed peas cooked with a bit of country ham, celery and onions
Probably not the greatest day for calories or fat content, but alas, it was what it was.

SkinnyDogMom
02-08-2008, 07:45 PM
BTW...I usually eat a lot of veggy's...today it just didn't happen. Yesterday was a much healthier menu.
B-slept late...didn't go to work until 1pm, so I missed b-fast
S-grapes
L-big spinach, tomato, feta cheese, chicken breast salad
S-orange and V-8
D-chicken breast, califlower, more spinach salad
This is a much more typical day for me!

femmecreole
02-08-2008, 07:46 PM
B: 2 poached eggs on top of wilted spinich, LF ham, diced zuchini and green peppers sprikled with some mozzarella chees
S: apple and live active cheese
Dinner @2: Grilled marinated turkey breast and a stir fry of cauliflower,squash,zuchini and onions in garlic olive oil (in other words, I cleaned out the fridge!)
tonight...who knows...maybe a turkey and spinich sandwich on ezekial sesame bread and some greek yogurt later?

Schmoodle
02-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Back on Ph1 today!

B: 2 eggs, Canadian bacon, V8, coffee with milk
S: string cheese
L: zydeco soup
S: latte, celery with LCLC
D: shrimp and almond stir fry
S: Greek yogurt plain

Neko
02-09-2008, 12:11 PM
B - egg white omelette with peppers, FF cheese tea with milk
S - apple with LF string cheese
L - tuna with mayo, onion, salad
D - Vegi burger on WW english muffin, snap peas
S - cut up vegis with ranch dip (game night snack)
S - breakfast cheesecake

Schmoodle
02-10-2008, 11:09 AM
B - coffee with milk, turkey bacon, deviled egg, V8
S - string cheese
L - leftover stir fry
S - latte
D - split pea soup with ham and lots of veggies, raw cauliflower
S - Greek yogurt with almonds and agave nectar

CyndiM
02-10-2008, 01:01 PM
B - 1 egg scrambled with peppers, mushrooms, shallots,& 1 yves breakfast pattie, topped with 1/2 oz of lf swiss; coffee

L - black bean chili

S - pickle chips & pepperoncini (my afternoon salt craving), 1/2 c ff cottage cheese

D - eggplant noodle lasagna with ff ricotta, lf mozzarella, spinach, mushrooms & veggie crumbles; salad w/evoo & garlic vinegar

post workout snack - dried apple slices (homemade, no sweetener), coconut chai with agave & unsweetened soy milk